Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bats for Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are here today with a breakdown of the new cast of Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yes, the bios and cast photos have been released, so we are going to go through all of these gorgeous ladies and give our thoughts and predictions.
Speaker 1: The show just never stops. There's always a new season for something.
Speaker 2: It never stops, truly never stops. This is crazy because it's only the second season of the Golden Bachelor. Like, this show is still very young and new and fresh. So I'm excited to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we'll see. We'll see if mel any of these girls are up to Mel's standards.
Speaker 2: I think that Mel is going to be just fine with this group of ladies. I'm really not worried about it. But as always, we are going to fly through this cast. We only have about thirty minutes to do so, and we are strictly going off photos in these short bios and fun facts, so this is all in good fun. We obviously don't know any of these women yet. It's just funds the lyst speculation and don't.
Speaker 1: Take it to heart. Don't take it to heart, even though we're not mean. I don't think we've ever been mean on these either.
Speaker 2: But if we say something, do we.
Speaker 1: Start on the song start being mean? We could?
Speaker 2: I think maybe that's not the way to go.
Speaker 1: That's the way you usually go when we're off camera. That's what Serena actually talks on.
Speaker 2: Don't say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. I will start with the first woman, Alexandria from Miami. Well, I don't know if she's from here, but this is where she currently lives, Miami, Florida. She's in the luxury yacht sales business. Interesting, very interesting. I like that sixty seven.
Speaker 2: It's fun. It's a sexy business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like when you're in your late sixties, that would be quite the way to live on a luxury yacht, selling the world.
Speaker 2: All a yacht and they could live on it.
Speaker 1: Do we think mel could afford a yacht? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not familiar with his finances. Maybe after the season the Golden.
Speaker 1: Bachelor, Yeah, well, it better be a pretty popular season. Alexandra is ready to finally find her happily ever after. She's a vibrant Colombian beauty believes that age is just a number, and she hasn't retired from living or loving. She's a single mother of three who is constantly on the go. Some fun facts. She loves listening to Bob Marley. She goes hard for the Colombia national football team soccer for Americans, and she purposed to her first husband. That's interesting post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did propose to her first husband, which means if she's saying she proposed to her first husband, she probably has more than one. XI been, which in my opinion, is actually really glamorous. I think that's so she.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll maybe maybe husband. Yeah, maybe you'll be that person too.
Speaker 2: I could only be so lucky, but unfortunately I feel love on the first trying, you know, So I'm I'm only gonna have one husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, up next. We had her.
Speaker 2: She seems vibrant.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, I like them all. I'm up next. Aimy Shorthills, New Jersey. She's a full time mom. She's sixty three, bold, bubbly, and goofy. She is beautiful, family everything, amy, so much so that she works as a professional mamager to her internet famous twin daughters.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was literally just gonna say she looks familiar, like I was wondering it was like a sister of someone or something. But I wonder if I've seen her on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I wonder who her famous twin daughters.
Speaker 2: Are Internet famous daughter. So I'm assuming they're they're influencers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious to see who they are. She makes the best potato pancakes. She loves pedicures despite the fact that she's insanely ticklish. What a fun fact.
Speaker 2: And he says she has a built in BS detector. I like it for it. What do we think of the fact that they went with like neutral neutral background, pop of color outfits this season, whereas the first season of The Golden bochslor it was very like black and gold aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, girl, I love it?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: I don't. I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: You didn't notice?
Speaker 1: No, But I I I don't mind it. I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest, I think they took I love these outfits on the women, like I think they've dressed them beautifully or they've dressed themselves beautifully. But I think they took pop of color, like really to the next level. I mean like they went primary colors secondary colors.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you'd feel strongling about that. All right? Moving on. Andre lives in Los Angeles, California. Retired federal worker, seventy seven. She's one of the older old Maybe this woman's cap If she looks familiar, that's because she's the twinster of Sondra, who was on Season one of The Golden Bachelor, who is She was quite lovely. Andre has never been late paying a bill. That's impressive, and she earned her master's degree at sixty one years old. She's also a low key adrenaline junkie.
Speaker 2: I love this photo. I think she looks really gorgeous. Her hair looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see how she does. I wonder if her sister gave her any tips. I'm sure she did. Next up, we have Carla, also lives in La Former. She's sixty two, and she is quite the catch. Smart, beautiful, emotionally intelligent and ready to find her perfect match. She loves to read autobiographies and went on a solo safari in Tanzania.
Speaker 2: Tanzania.
Speaker 1: Damn, you're so close.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm really disappointed in myself right now, Tanzi, truly, I'm disappointed, like.
Speaker 2: Actually pronounced like fanatically too.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like really just upset with myself. But I'm a little under the weather. So maybe that's why I pronounced that wrong. But like that's that's embarrassing. She's not a cat person. Yeah, I think I think she could do well.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Actually she's I mean she's a former model, which makes sense. She's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next up we have Carol Villa Park, California. I don't know where that is. Oh oh, this is interesting. She's sixty three years old and she where does it say this? Becoming the full time manager of her pro athlete nephew, Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Wild that's Joe gets to make this podcast about football or golf. He's over the moon.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a baseball player first of all, and he maybe had like one of the best playoff runs. Oh yeah last year with his whome like he had he had game winning home runs that were just incredible. Freddy Freeman is awesome.
Speaker 2: Errol looks like she would be a sports manager. Yeah, Like she looks like she's the Chris Jenner of an athlete.
Speaker 1: I really hope that he picks her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean he's an next football player, so they really would have that vent.
Speaker 1: And he's not. And I don't think mel was on the same level as Freddy Freeman. Freddy Freeman's like, yeah, oh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really hope it works out between the two of them.
Speaker 1: That's oh man. She loves diet coke and bad Bunny. I mean Joe's like, my chips are all in for Carol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe's loving Carol. I actually love Carol too.
Speaker 1: Cheryl tired from the irs. It's always a good person to have on your side. Cheryl is the real deal. Wow? Wow? Who wrote that the Coloradice, Colorado native loves motorcycles, dirt roads, and being in nature as much as she loves a movie night cuddled up with a bar of chocolate.
Speaker 2: She looks young like Cheryl does, not look sixty five.
Speaker 1: She's earned over fifty motocross trophies. Wow, she's quite the adventurer.
Speaker 2: Motocross what's that?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I'm not big on X sports, but yeah, I think it's like motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's very adventurous.
Speaker 1: She's a terrible speller. That's not cool, Cheryl, Actually, how dare you? How dare you? And Okay, up next, Sydney.
Speaker 2: Cindy, Sydney, Cindy.
Speaker 1: I can't say I have a hard time saying.
Speaker 2: Sidney because your accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Austin, Texas retired biomedical engineer, sixty years old. One of the younger women on the cast. She has gorgeous eyes and a personality to match.
Speaker 2: Cindy is giving like this is the cast photo for a Real Housewive season.
Speaker 1: She's a mom of three.
Speaker 2: Like, she just looks really like, I don't know, vibrant and sexy and like her gonna like walk around the house with the cocktail.
Speaker 1: Her signature cocktail well a segway. Next, her signature cocktail is a green lizard. And the reason you may have never heard of a green lizard is because she may it up. Making reservation is her superpower. Oh, she dated Chuck Norris.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And do you know Chuck Norris's he was a fighter right he was like, uh, he was like a actor, but like a taekwondo type actor.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, that's fun. Okay.
Speaker 2: Debbie retired biomedical engineer. Oh, she's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you never know. We actually talked about this the other day. Some some people that are brilliant, brillly aren't that smart.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, well I guess we'll find out about Cindy when we watch like me, like.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a dummy, but Brilliant'm a genius. Okay. Debbie Denver, Colorado, Fitness Professional sixty five. Debbie is the it girl. Okay, I mean that's that's you better be the it girl then, from a life filled with glitz and to a dazzling smile and personality to match. Okay, I mean you're gone. I saw that's what's thrown me off.
Speaker 2: Joe focus on reading the bio because he just wants to jump to this fun fact.
Speaker 1: Well, the fun facts are fun, you know. The bios are bios. Debbie has a healthy fear of heights. Debbie was asked out on a date by Robert de Niro. Unclear if she said yes, hmmm, I want to do you think this is true?
Speaker 2: Why would she say no?
Speaker 1: Maybe she wasn't into Robert de Niro.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if that's a good enough reason to say no.
Speaker 1: I would I would bet if Robert de Niro asked you out on a date. Before you met me, you would have said.
Speaker 2: Now, well, Robert de Niro and I are like seventy years apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's proven my point. She participated in the opening and closing ceremonies of the LA Olympics. That's cool, that is cool.
Speaker 2: Participated in what capacity? I wonder Debbie two. Actually, I'm going to put Debbie up there with Carol as a strong potential for our man.
Speaker 1: Diane was Zilla Alaska. I've never even heard of that. She's a librarian. She's sure doesn't dress like a librarian. No, you know, like just big bold yellow pops.
Speaker 2: Sree shades of yellow on this girl.
Speaker 1: Right now, Diane is ready to shoot her shot. The hockey player is used to breaking the ice with new connections and can't wait to find someone who will become her new teammate. She dreams of being Dolly Parton for a day. Diane has one, not one, not two, but three triathlons.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really impressive. Okay, it looks super fun. I'm excited, I'm saying for all these women.
Speaker 1: Jerry. She's from Rockville, Maryland. Home Care Agency CEO She's sixty four. Jerry is as general and kind as she is beautiful. She has worked in healthcare for over thirty five years, and roles ranging from an ICU nurse during COVID to currently serving as the CEO of a home healthcare agency. She loves fish. Jerry's sidekick is her teacup Yorkie named Godiva. I like that name for a dog. And Jerry does not tolerate bad breath. Good for you, Jerry norse should you should not?
Speaker 2: You are way too pretty to tolerate bad breath.
Speaker 1: Lily from Pacific Palisades, California, I retired elementary school teacher seventy two.
Speaker 2: Lily looks like a teacher and can you show me that photos and guess her profession? I would have said teacher.
Speaker 1: She also does not look seventy two?
Speaker 2: Them do they all look amazing?
Speaker 1: Lily is so excited to boogie at the Bachelor Mansion. She's a dancing queen. She makes a fabulous jumbalaya. I wonder if maybe she's from New Orleans. She played on the USTA Tennis team. Biggest pet peeve is bad drivers. Well, you probably won't want to meet Serena.
Speaker 2: Not much better than me.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's that's untrue. Lisa Mary in Ohio State Park employee sixty six. Lisa reminds me of Kelly Rippa.
Speaker 2: Yes, she also looks like she'd be a first lady. Don't you think, Uh, don't you see her in the Oval office.
Speaker 1: I could see a lot of people in the Oval office.
Speaker 2: But don't you think she has an aesthetic?
Speaker 1: I think she looks like Kelly Rippa. Okay, that's all I see when I see her. Lisa is a bubbly, small town gal ready for big love, with a beautiful smile and a personality in a match. She believes all people are good and is passionate about helping animals. Lisa is a bird nerd and always has her binoculars on her. That's that is strange. That's strange.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we need to bring the out and about with us, but if she's passionate about it, I mean us to know what person she's using to carry them.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: That is the definition of a fun fact, you know, something unexpected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay. Maya Malibu, California college sports consultant.
Speaker 2: I think Maya is the youngest cast member.
Speaker 1: I believe she's the youngest cast member. This college sports consultant is ready to step out onto the field and score a new love connection. Maya has dated a bit since her divorce, but she still hasn't found her prince charming. Fun facts shopping was a sport, Maya would be a pro.
Speaker 2: All three of Maya's kids played sports at ivy League schools. Is raising winners, okay.
Speaker 1: Monica b Huntsville, Alabama. Flight Attendant Monica Bee is ready for love to take flight. This big, beautiful flight attendant is resilient, hard working, and looking for her soulmate. A lot of women wearing yellow.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, butter yellow is like the color of the season right now. I also just think it, well, yeah, it like aesthetically looks good in the photos.
Speaker 1: Monica loves feeding the ducks with her granddaughter. Likes her wine, her white wine dry, and her red full bodied. Her happy place is Martha's Vineyard, nice.
Speaker 2: Where she can get her dry whites and her full bodied reds.
Speaker 1: Monica Pee Birmingham, Alabama. Cosmetic Dennis sixty Monica p is one hundred percent wife material. The cosmetic Dennis has a career and a family she's very proud of and is looking forward to finding a man with whom she could share her wonderful life with. I added a few words in there. Monica Pee can ride a skateboard for Monica Pee, the bigger the hair, the better. And she loves crochet. What is crochet?
Speaker 2: It's like knitting kind of, is it. Yeah, but it's like I thought crochet was like like croquette.
Speaker 1: You're thinking, is that what the horses and the I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what the horse is, but yeah, there's the game where you have like.
Speaker 1: That's the falls. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. Okay, my Leen Las Vegas, Nevada casino VIP host. I wonder what casino she's sixty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is your girl. You need to you need to connect with Myleen.
Speaker 1: I do, I do, Yeah, I wonder. I wonder what hotel.
Speaker 2: Though, So it was a big casino VIP fan.
Speaker 1: She's a woman of the world, adored by her mom and grandmother. Was born and raised in the Philippines before moving to Japan, and she now lives in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Wow, my gosh, we're going.
Speaker 1: He speaks four languages fluently and works as a all time lingual VIP host in Vegas Top Casinos. Interesting, well, we must meet me and this woman. She's a big Bruno Mars fan. Yeah, I wonder why Bruno Mars is a massive gambler. Yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah, Like I heard at one of the hotels in Vegas, like Bruno Mars they like built his own like vip room to play blackjacks.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, my gosh, Well maybe she's helped him out.
Speaker 1: Nicole Nicole, Miami Beach, Florida, Yoga instructor sixty four.
Speaker 2: This is an insane photo, Like she looks amazing.
Speaker 1: She reminds me of the actress.
Speaker 2: This is like a perfect color.
Speaker 1: She reminds me of the actress from Always Sonny in Philadelphia. And really, yeah, the guy's wife, well guy's wife Always Sonny in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Isn't the we worth think of a different actress? Isn't the actress in it like married to the creator?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah she might. She might be. She's the one like I think that show. I think it's called like high Fidelity or something came out like hi something.
Speaker 2: Oh I see it. Yeah, she does look a little like.
Speaker 1: Nicole is a sweet soul from Miami Beach, who thinks she and mel would make a great looking couple. They actually would look really well together. They would really well together, really good together.
Speaker 2: They will look great together, great together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesus, I'm really off today.
Speaker 2: You know It's okay, guys, bear with Joe. He's sick.
Speaker 1: Nicole went to culinary school. She's been a vegan for nineteen years, and she could do headstands and the splits. I think he's gonna like her.
Speaker 2: I think he's definitely gonna like her.
Speaker 1: Also, Las Vegas, nevad. I've got a lot of few people from Vegas. This show really never actually gets anyone from Vegas. Retired firefighter and bomb tack Wow.
Speaker 2: People tired to Vegas. I think we'll see more goldens from Vegas then we will regular season contestants.
Speaker 1: Interesting, she's been through fire literally, Bomptach. Somebody that I think is like part of the bomb Squad's favorite form of transportation is her unicycle. Happy bell bottoms are making a comeback? Are they same?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are they there? Would love to play in the mud with baby elephants. Same same. Robin Napa Valley, California vineyard owner sixty three. This is right up your Alley.
Speaker 2: Why sixty three?
Speaker 1: Well, vineyard owner.
Speaker 2: I love because I'm just joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was hoping you were going to go for it.
Speaker 2: What you're saying. But I will say whenever I hear vineyard owner, I think of the dad from Parent Trap and like, that's the most beautiful home and like my dream life as do I know, like nothing about what his day to day we was work looks like just like living on that vineyard looks incredible.
Speaker 1: He's an avid tap dancer. I haven't met a tap dancer in my time. And she loves Halloween. Nice.
Speaker 2: She's a nextbook Gemini. Okay, I can get down with a Gemini woman.
Speaker 1: Roxanne Austin, Texas longevity nurse. She's ready to find the one. Not only is she beautiful, but she's full of substance, emotional depth and wealth of lived experience. And a wealth of lived experience is Roxanne once sold everything and moved to Costa Rica without knowing anyone. That's I always find that to be wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if she's a Sagittarius. But like something I could literally never do is tell all the belongings and move somewhere I've never been. I mean I love Costa Rica. I think it's beautiful. Also, I have to say, as much as the bright pops of color have really thrown me off in these photos, the individual outfits on each women I've really loved, Like this dress looks so beautiful on her.
Speaker 1: She has participated in a pole dancing contest and she woke go anywhere without a pair of cowboy boots.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's I'm having trouble like painting a full picture, but she seems to be very adventurous.
Speaker 1: Really, I feel like the picture was painted. Well.
Speaker 2: We've got Costa Rica, pole dancing, cowboy boots, and she lives in oh She lives in Texas.
Speaker 1: Susie del Mar, California, real at her sixty two, proud mom of three who is ready to say goodbye to her single days. She worked most of her life as a kidndergarten teacher and dedicated herself to raising her kids and her students. Some fun facts. She loves walking her dog on the beach and is incredibly big on quality time.
Speaker 2: She also proudly graduated college Summa cum Lada as a thirty year old mom.
Speaker 1: All Right. Terry Houston, Texas cosmetic dentist Terry has a zest for life that lights up every room when she enters it. Studied zoology in college and loves nature photography. Terry has watched every single season of The Bachelor since its inception in two thousand and two. Interesting she did a below freezing polar plunge and Antarctica. That's pretty wild. Last, but not least, we have Tracy, and then after Tracy, Serena and I are going to make our picks. Tracy interior designer. She's sixty two. She's a Southern bell. She needs a man who is ready to commit and is willing to show up for her the way she will show up for him in relationships. She enjoys offshore fishing. Tracy's style icon is Audrey Hepburn, and Tracy dreams of writing a book.
Speaker 2: Is giving kind of Audrey Hepbern vibes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how do you to do this? Or youna? You want to pick three people or four? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say we should pick two each.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just let's just do let's just do two. I just feel like it's a smaller cast and let's just do two.
Speaker 2: So you want to go you meet.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do three. Let's do three. Okay, let's do three.
Speaker 2: I know who your first pick is going to be, so you.
Speaker 1: Want me to go first? Wow? Okay, my first pick is Nicole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that one coming from a mile away. I'm gonna go with Debbie.
Speaker 1: Debby is where's Debby?
Speaker 2: I wish I know if he liked blondes or brunettes.
Speaker 1: Okay. My next pick is my Lean Okay, and then how about you?
Speaker 2: My next pick is I'm gonna go Oh wait, this is kind of hard. There's so many.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Carol, Carol. Okay, all right, I'm going to go hmmm. Uh, I'm really all right. I'm going to Roxanne Roxande.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do four? No?
Speaker 1: No, let's just do three.
Speaker 2: Okay. I'm between I'm between Lisa and Jerry.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, well pick one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go Jerry.
Speaker 1: Okay. We will see how we do.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's it's so hard picking off of the photos and the biles. I feel like I have such a better gauge after watching Night one. And also, we just don't really know anything about mel So other than the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what we'll do after night one, we will we have to keep one, we have to keep two people. We are allowed to add another one and replace one.
Speaker 2: Oh you can't replace then what's the point of even picking? We get to add one personage and that creates our final four.
Speaker 1: All right, done? Okay deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like we change up our picking strategy and our format like every season.
Speaker 1: We do this, Yeah, we do, We actually do do that.
Speaker 2: Truly, just depends on how we feel that day of if we want to pick two.
Speaker 1: Three, four, and how they film paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Just every week, just something new.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's an episode. Thank you guys so much for tuning in the Badger Happy Hour. We hope you enjoyed it, and we are looking forward to watching the second season of The Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: We will have new and exclusive interviews for you every single week. Thanks for listening. Bye,