Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, it's your girl Cheeky's and you've reached the voicemail box Forard. Dear Cheekyes, I'm here to give you advice on anything and everything you need help with. Maybe you're going through a breakup, maybe you're having issues with your family, or maybe you need help figuring out how to balance your checkbook or how to start a business, whatever the cases, I want to hear from you. Remember these are my thoughts and opinions, and if you're suffering from an issue or hardship, you should seek help from a qualified professional. All right, Now go ahead and leave your question at the sound of the beat.
Speaker 2: Hey girl, I was just curious how did you and the medial approach the subject of a prenup. Granted I'm not as well as you, at least not yet, but that is just something that is on the back of my mind, like how do you bring that up? And what do you do if the other person's not okay with it. I may not have a lot yet, but I'm hustling, like I want my bag. I want to be safe and secure, and if for whatever reason it doesn't end up working, I want to make sure that I can leave with what I brought you know, and that what I've worked hard for doesn't.
Speaker 3: Get taken away from me.
Speaker 2: So how did you guys do it? Like? Was it something mutual? Did you talk about it? Did you agree like upon it? Like? How does that work? I'm really curious. I know that a lot of people like just don't do it, and that's just so scary to me. Haki that che's most up, But like, did you do it both times?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: And how scary is it?
Speaker 1: Ooh, we're starting off to your cheeky today with personal questions. That's a very personal question. But this is a very personal, very intimate podcast, so I don't mind answering that question. I love how you like automatically like knew that I have a prenup.
Speaker 3: I didn't ever think I was going to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Hopefully a media doesn't mind, but I don't think he would because he's a very honest, transparent man himself.
Speaker 3: But yes, I did.
Speaker 1: I did it both times, and I learned from the first time that it was important. I learned from my mother that it's important. And I think because Emilia went through it with me when I was getting divorced, he already knew that there was a prenup in place, and it really saved my ass, to be honest, so I he kind of already knew what was coming. But as soon as I told the media, I said, hey, like we're talking about getting married, Like, how do you feel about signing a prenup? He says, I don't care, Like it's like it's fine, Like I don't want you for any of your stuff. I love you for you And honestly, if he would have asked me for one, which my prenup obviously protects him as well because I'm a very fair person. Anything we build together obviously, like anyways, I'm not getting into the details in my prenup here, but anyways, but of course, like even if he asked me for one, I would I would sign one. I think that it's important in the world.
Speaker 3: That we live in.
Speaker 1: It's just it's important. It's important, and you never, unfortunately finish knowing the person. We evolve, we change, we grow into different people. So I think that it's okay, and I just had a simple conversation. I was very straight up with with him. I was like, look, I love you, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I just I've been through things, I've seen things my whole life, and I just want to have that peace of mind.
Speaker 3: God forbid something happens.
Speaker 1: And he said, babe, not a problem, Like you know, I have no issue with it, And yeah, I mean it was very simple, straight to the point, and that's that. Or there's also the option of post nups, so if you get married and after you're like, okay, I just want to do this, there's that option as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it's a conversation.
Speaker 1: These types of things need to be talked about while you're dating as soon as you guys get engaged and put that on the table right away so that your partner knows where your headspace is and explain why that's important. And they shouldn't get offended if they get offended. I feel that there's there's something you should worry about personally. Some people are like, oh, you know, you're already with thinking we're going to get divorced. Like it's not that it's pre planning, like a will or a trust you're pre planning, or like life insurance. It's just that that that's all it is. People shouldn't take it that personal. In my opinion.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, Leslie, thank you for asking me a personal question.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: Starting off your cheeky's real good, but thank you. Hopefully it helps.
Speaker 1: And yes, I love that you're being you know, you're ambitious and you have these goals. Absolutely, that's you're manifesting and I love that for you, So more power to you. Okay, guys, next question from Lizbeth All.
Speaker 4: The chicken sprimar comer come persona ecomore sistem in canes junta is commo identificas racial, mene q part tente Mexicana, que partie equal znas casas cornas qyado os and ferentado porno naci and Mexico como is the publico Mexicano Latino, I can espanol k aspectos acento co partenes come on and espertendo pero.
Speaker 3: Saludos il is based the start.
Speaker 1: Guys, She's just basically asking do I identify more or as Mexican or American? And in what areas in my life do I feel more Mexican or American? And if I've ever had any type of like mishaps or obstacles. And I'm gonna answer the question I'll get back to you right now, okay. So, Lizbeth mene mesento Mexican and m aspectos in lausta mun musica and Gusta pason in this pertenesco, this same group of the dos sientos percento so so cien percento Mexicana, si percento Americana, glez menta Mexicos, aqui.
Speaker 3: So Mexicana, lo.
Speaker 1: Venas pero yet perficile alnicio porke pla music cant Mexicana Mexico the yeah, yah, yeah, it is the loss tonos in poi pero connel timpo.
Speaker 3: A Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, meco so you Mexicana, caving Lespanoli mas espanol perosifue modificily I mean crescentos no no no yah as p pero aura crou mass como mass persona como so yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Per no nomer piano pero can so guys.
Speaker 1: I was just telling her that I consider myself to be from the two hundred percent club, if you could say it that way. So one hundred percent Mexican, one hundred percent American. I you know, the music I sing is very very Mexican, very like Musica Mexicana, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I love what I do. I love the culture, I love the food. I love Mexico.
Speaker 1: I love my people. I love that we're hardworking. I'm very proud to be Mexican, but I'm also very grateful and happy to be American and have the opportunities that we have here. And you know, in my career, in the beginning, it was very difficult because of the music that I sing. It was very Mexican, you know, and they would kind of like criticize me for that, like, oh, she's from the United States, she's not like us. And a little by little, with time, I showed them who I am, and it's not. I don't force it.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I live in both worlds, and I.
Speaker 1: Speak Spanish and I've tried my best to speak better Spanish, and i love everything about Mexico. So a little bit, it's gotten a lot better now. I feel like Mexico loves me, so I'm grateful for that. But yeah, Li's ben mucha But okay, okay, So next question comes from Maria Patakis.
Speaker 4: My question is, if you didn't pursue your music career, what other career. Do you have chosen?
Speaker 1: I love you by Ooh, Maria s right to the point. Okay, Well, a long time ago, when I was growing up, I wanted to be an ice skater. That was like, oh my god, I want to ice skate blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Right, that was real cute.
Speaker 1: And then I wanted to go to the Air Force because I didn't know what I wanted to do. But then my plan was I'm going to go to the Air Force, and then while I'm in the Air Force, I'm going to have them pay for my college and I'm going to be a psychologist because I wanted to help people that have been sexually abused, and that's I had it in my heart and that was what I was going to do.
Speaker 3: And then life change and my mom needed me, and I don't regret it. But I've been thinking about going back to school.
Speaker 1: Actually, but I think for sure, like what makes me happy and ignites my soul is help being others, so motivational, speaking, counseling. What I do here with you guys, that is just oh, it's like I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think psychologists for sure. If I wasn't singing I'd be a psychologist most definitely. Yeah, I love these questions. Today we got personal, little funky.
Speaker 3: It was cute.
Speaker 1: I love it. But you, guys, thank you so much for listening always, for submitting your questions, for taking the time. I hope that my advice helps you, guys. I love you guys very much. I don't say that lightly. I really really appreciate you. And well, yeah, I'll catch you on the next episode of Dear Cheeky's because this is it. We're done with Maria, all right, guys, love you bye. This is a production of iHeartRadio and the Microudura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Michaeldura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's hi Quis. For more podcasts from iHeart visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast, and check us out on YouTube. M