Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. Bloomberg Tech is alive from coast to coast with Caroline Hide in New York and v Lovelow in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: This is Bloomberg Tech coming up in Vidia's strong revenue forecast. SOUTHS investor concerns about an AI bubble. Our exclusive conversation with CEO Jensen one plus the.
Speaker 3: CEO of Palo Alto Networks joins us to discuss its own results and the latest acquisition to boost its AI offerings.
Speaker 2: An AI pioneer Yan Laccoon, will depart Meta at the end of the year to start a new company.
Speaker 4: Details later this hour.
Speaker 3: Now we focus in on the broader markets. We said yesterday so in video, so the market, So the market follows in Vidia higher, but we're at one point percent. Then that's that one hundred a breath of relief when it comes to AI anxiety instead, So it's a quelled, a bit ed, and not enough even to reshaking off some of the anxiety that comes with the jobs report that maybe maybe we could see a December rate cut. We built up a little bit the bond market pricing in now thirty five percent chance of a rate cup come December, but really all eyes on this AI trade today and all.
Speaker 4: Eyes on in video.
Speaker 2: The stock is up about three percent, had opened up about five percent and has paired some of that gain in the last half hour or so. Sixty five billion dollars of sales in the fiscal fourth quarter. Many see that as being healthily above consensus. There was a lot of fighting talk on the demand side, on the supply side, and how good in videous technology is. We spoke with Invidious CEO Jensen Wong in an exclusive interview post earnings. Take a listen.
Speaker 5: Sales are after charts for Blackwell and in video GPUs in the Cloud are sold out. We got plenty of Blackwells to sell you. We have lots of Blackwells coming, We're making a lot of Blackwells, and we have a bunch of Vera Rubens coming, and so business is very, very strong. But we've planned our supply chain incredibly well. We have the largest supply chain in the world. But we've got a bunch of black Wells to sell.
Speaker 2: Jensen I tried to go through what the CFO collect Cress said about China in the quarter gone. It seemed like there was not meaning for H twenty sales because the demand wasn't there even if you were permitted to sell EAH twenty and then in the current period and going forward in video, seems committed to working with both the United States and China to sell what COLLECT called more competitive compute. Where do we stand with that and could you just clarify what COLLECT was talking about in the current state of play for China.
Speaker 5: The most important thing she said is that we've said for time now our forecast for China is zero. All of our forecasts, that guidance that we showed zero, we should start. That's the most important thing that she said. She also said that effectively, China is a very important market to us. It's very important to the United States, It's very important to China. We would love the opportunity to be able to re engage the Chinese market with excellent products that we deliver and to be able to compete globally.
Speaker 2: During the call, the US Commerce Department issued a statement saying that you are now permitted to export up to thirty five thousand black Well chips each to both saudiast Humane and to the UAE through G forty two. But there are some requirements that the US has a view in particular around controls of preventing tech transfer to China through the Middle East. What can you tell us about your understanding of what the US government's asking of you there.
Speaker 5: That element has been around for a long time is to prevent diversion. Of course, over the years, people have speculated about diversion. We've chased down every single concern and we've repeatedly tested and sampled data centers around the world and found no diversion. And so this is an area that will continue to be rigorous on. And there's a lot of different ways to comply, and one of them, of course, is to have it be run by American cloud. Another way is just to make sure that we have measures put in place, whether technology or processes, to ensure that no diversion happens.
Speaker 3: In video CEO Jensen Huang speaking to us exclusively last night, let's dig in to that last bit from Jensen and dressing concerns around selling to them, at least selling into China. From Maxcina editor Mike Shepard can break down what is currently happening at the White House level. There's a pressure on Congress in particular to allow Jensen Wang and Nvidia to have greater access to some of these so called adversaries.
Speaker 6: What are you hearing, well, what we're hearing is that the White House would like Congress to hold off on legislation that would force Nvidia to put American customers first ahead of adversarial nations like China. And of course, Nvidia is proscribed from selling to China right now by US export controls and even by Beijing rejecting those aged twenty chips that we've talked about. That of one American authorization to be sold inside China, Nvidia has been looking for permission to do more, and that includes selling a deprecated version of its market leading Blackwell chip to China. Jensen Wang sees being able to compete in China as key to being able to compete around the world. But this measure is seen as really putting the handcuffs on Nvidia and on Ada as well, and both companies have moved against this.
Speaker 4: The bill is called the Gain Act.
Speaker 6: It would be attached to a piece of legislation that must pass. It governs defense policy, and it has bipartisan support. But now the White House is weighing in and seeking to get it pulled from the legislation, and it's unclear what would emerge in its place, because right now, Caro, there really is no uniform code governing export controls, especially as applied to China. And that's because if we go back all the way to the beginning of the year, and it seems so long ago, the Biden administration had tried to impose this AI diffusion rule, this framework that would prevent tech from leaking from allies like Saudi Arabia, like the UAE to China, and we don't really have anything here yet in place in Washington. So you see the China hawks on Capitol Hill and even inside the administration grasping for an alternative in this bill, which the White House is not trying to head off.
Speaker 4: Is at least an attempt at that.
Speaker 2: Shed last night was a little bit an issue of timing in chronology. So during the call the Analyst School, the Commerce Department put out a statement confirming that Nvidia is now allowed to export blackwell to the Gulf States. Is that just kind of rubber stamping something we knew was coming.
Speaker 6: We have widely expected this approval to come through, but it does take some time to work its way through the guts of the bureaucracy, but there is also a hurdle to overcome, and that is the concerns as we just discussed, that the technology does risk leaking to every serial nations, especially China, and that is because both the Saudis and the Amortis have had long standing business ties with China, and China's Huawei Technologies has a footprint in each of those two nations, and the concern is that the proximity of Huawei to American technology in a data center creates risk of some sort of leakage, either through software or something else, and that is something that the US government was really trying to seek assurances on. We don't have details on what was required of the emordis and include also of the companies, and you did your best in asking Jensen for specifics on that, but he really dug in on the whole broader question of diversion, and that is something that the company has been sensitive about. They have insisted that they know your customer programs have done enough to prevent diversion, and yet that hasn't assuaged all the concerns of China hawks here in Washington that advanced American technology could eventually leak back to China and somehow support its military and intelligence bureaucracies.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg's Mike Shepard, thank you very much. Let's get back to the Nvidia in the earning story. Ioko your Showcus portfolio consulting director at Wealth Enhancement Group one hundred and twenty four point five billion dollars in assets onder management and a pretty healthy chunk of Nvidia shares as well.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Gensen one was trying to give the trifecta a positive picture on demand, positive picture on supply, and even had the opportunity to kind of throw a bit of shade at A six or Google TPUs, saying that customers looked at alternatives and they came back to Nvidia. There was a lot there. What is the most important data point to you.
Speaker 7: Hied, Good to see you. Perhaps maybe the most important one was that Jensen wasn't wearing his signature leather jacket. But for the most part, for us, the when you look at the financials and when you look at the growth rate that Nvidia has posted and really delivering beyond expectations for where consensus estimates were, that was the most important metrics for us as we listen to the call.
Speaker 2: What I tried to do at the beginning of the conversation was get a sense of how supply constrained they are and how conservative that five hundred billion dollar forecast through the end of next year is.
Speaker 4: Let's start there. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Sales are off the charts for Blackwell and and video GPUs in the cloud are sold out. We got plenty of black Walls to sell you. We have lots of Blackwells coming, We're making a lot of Blackwells, and we have a bunch of Vera Rubens coming, and so business is very very strong.
Speaker 2: Is that five hundred billion dollar figure which excludes China and is Blackwell Rubin through the end of calendar twenty six a bit conservative?
Speaker 7: Well, we heard analysts ask that question, right, and they have visibility into that five hundred billion dollar number, and so that doesn't include sort of the demand that will be coming forward in the next you know, fourteen to eighteen months, and so it perhaps is conservative. And I think that's the part that's so difficult for all of us to really wrap our heads around. These numbers are so large and they're growing at such a rate that we haven't seen before that it really becomes you know, for most of us, we're all skeptical that this is going to happen at the rate that it continues to happen at.
Speaker 3: What was interesting was the depreciation question was tackled. This is what's got Michael Burry and Itzzy. It's got what many have been seeing as a little bit of anxiety that ultimately the consumersm in video chips have been saying, look, these last longer than some had anticipated. But really it was made clear that the A one hundreds, the older type of chips are still working six years on. Ioka. Did that put that anxiety to bed?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it was a great way for collect to sort of clap back at that depreciation argument. You know that we are still using these older chips. They are still getting consumed simply because the demand is so great. So I do think there was a little bit of that that was put to rest and a relief I think from investors to an extent that they were still being utilized.
Speaker 3: To that extent, there's a relief today and we are up two percentage point Syoko. But I feel as though the entire market is a bit of an anxious boyfriend at the moment, trying to have soothing words currently given to it from whomever they can class and say, hey, I girlfriend in many ways, but what are you thinking of in terms of that this will soothe for the longer term? Are we're going to need weekly updates that we're not in some sort of bubble?
Speaker 7: You know, it is really difficult to sort of wrap our heads around. I think on one hand, we do see all of the demand continuing to grow at these exponential rates, But on the other hand, you see all this circularity and financing that I think concerns all of us, and then all of us who kind of grew up during the sort of tech bubble era. We've kind of seen this movie before, and we don't want it to end the way that it ended back in two thousand and So there's a lot of push and pull and a lot of monitoring on a daily, weekly, quarterly basis. And I think that's why in Video's earnings calls continue to be sort of the super Bowl of you know, equity investors sort of you know the calendars.
Speaker 2: What about in Video's valuation specifically, do you feel comfortable with that.
Speaker 7: You know, it's trading at twenty times next year's numbers, it's growing revenue at sixty percent, it's growing earnings at fifty plus percent. You know, it's there are reasonable valuations. They are not astronomical at like we saw during the tech bubble.
Speaker 8: However, you know.
Speaker 7: It's still relatively expensive. And it all hinges upon the duration of this growth rate. You know, does this continue at these levels for three five years or is it just this sort of near term twelve month growth rate that we're seeing. And I think that's this anxious investor base that's sort of watching this. When does the growth rates start to deteriorate?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: According to Blomberg analysis, if you're looking at what the general consensus is by twenty twenty eight, revenue growth is going to have slowed to twenty six percent. Just in twenty twenty seven, it will have slowed to forty five percent. But it's not just the law of ever greater numbers. I mean, we're already almost a five trillion dollar company. How can we expect it to keep growing at sixty percent out into twenty twenty eight and above?
Speaker 7: And I think that's the thing that's the skepticism that really sort of creeps into you know, the investor mindset is that how large can this get? And the numbers when you start to just grow at sixty percent plus year after year, it's just astronomical. And yet you know, Jensen's talking about three to four trillion dollars of annual spend for data center and AI infrastructure, and you know, if all of that or a good portion of that goes to Nvidia, the numbers continue to grow, and then you know the hyperscalers will grow as well because that benefits their cloud revenue. So it's just something that we continue to keep monitoring and we'll have to see each quarter not just from Nvidio, but from all of the tech ecosystem in terms of how large this AI platform is going to become.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeshioka, it's always great to get your analysis from Welfare Enhancement Group.
Speaker 10: We thank you.
Speaker 3: Now, coming up AI pioneer Jan Lacun. He's leaving Meta to launch his own startup. What's next for him and what it says about Meta's own AI plans that's next? This is Bloomberg Tech.
Speaker 2: Jan Lukun, one of the so called godfathers of AI, is leaving his role at Meta to launch his own startup. Rumors of his departure have been swirling from more than a week, and it comes as the social media giant makes big changes to its AI efforts, including forming a new AI app lab earlier this summer and spending billions to high.
Speaker 4: New talent Bloom. As Kurt Wagner break the story I see.
Speaker 2: After we published our report, Jan Lkin posted on LinkedIn referring to rumors and clarified a few things. But I guess let's start with why he's leaving, what he's doing, where he's going.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So Jan Lucuhn is an AI researchature in sort of every sense of the term. He is looking at things on a very long time horizon. And as Meta has come into this sort of AI fight that we're seeing right now with open Ai and Google and Anthropic, they had really started to focus their AI efforts on the here and now, right on the chatbots, on the lms, the things that consumers are using today, and so Lacuhn's work is years of not decades, sort of down the line. And what we had heard in our reporting is that because of Meta's focus, he was starting to have trouble getting the resources that he felt he needed in order to do his research. The focus was certainly on things that were not what he was paying attention to, and ultimately Meta was going in a bit of a different direction, I think on AI than what he envisioned. And so, as you mentioned ed, this was something that had been discussed and sort of talked about really since this summer when they started pivoting towards the superintelligence effort, and you know, they did try to leave on good terms. Meta is going to be sort of involved in some capacity in his new startup, but it was time for him to move on and do his research elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he describes as advanced machine intelligence, more sensory information, more physical AI. In many ways, the story articulates how the tide moved against him, and he certainly executives moved against him because Alexander Wang came in and sort of superseded him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, lacun is a legend in the AI industry, or he's considered a quote godfather of this entire field. And yet when Meta decided to build this new lab the summer TV deal and go out and Acchoir essentially Alexander Wang from Scale Ai.
Speaker 4: He became Jan mccun's boss, right.
Speaker 11: I think he's more than thirty years younger, obviously very different type of expert in terms of AI, and so there was a feeling sort of in that moment where Okay, if they have this legendary AI researcher in the building and yet they're still going outside the company to bring in people to run their new AI effort, what is that signal right for John's future here? And I think again this was something that in some ways was a long time coming because of the fact that he is so forward and future looking with what he does, and Meta is fighting sort of for its AI life right here and now. But I think that layering of executives over the summer was probably another big reason that he's leaving.
Speaker 3: Today, and a big supporter of open sourcing that perhaps metas shifted slightly away from as well. Rumos Coo Wagner, great breakdown, Thank you very much. Indeed, while coming up, we'll talk about the Chinese university shaping the country's AI sector and its future startup leaders. This is blom Beg Tech, China's Singua University, but it's having an outsized impact on the country's AI industry and the school's professors and students. They received more patterns each year than MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard combined. Let's go out to bluembg's executive tech editor Peter Elstrom for more on all this signifies about China's AI ambitions. They are wholly focused on making sure that they have many, many more experts and potential employees of the future.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Qingwa is a very prestigious university. For many years, it's educated the best in the brightest, especially in science and engineering in China. But what's really changing now is you're seeing this momentum in AI in particular. A couple things are feeding into that. First of all, Deep Seek. The success of Deep Deep Seek in its breakthrough model earlier this year really gave a lot of confidence to these young students that they too could build businesses that would be very, very successful. In addition to that, Chi Jinping and the Communist Party have been calling on the tech sector in China to be able to build in a number of very key areas for them, strategically important areas for them, especially AI. So you can get government funding, you can get tax subsidies, there's a lot of momentum to be able to build businesses, so the students there feel like they have a lot more opportunities in front of them. Venture capitalists are coming, They're funding a lot of these businesses. We're seeing quite impressive AI startups coming out of Chinwan the rest of China, Peter.
Speaker 2: As part of this Bloomberg Big Take, you look at the alumni that have gone away founded key startups, but also that those that have quite senior jobs at China's biggest technology companies. What are the best examples we need to know about.
Speaker 12: Well, Chinua has put their graduates in a number of different places, including leading companies like Ali Babo, which has done a lot of impressive work with the Gwen model in particular, bte Dance, the parent company of TikTok, and they founded startups like Jipu, which is another cutting edge company there. And really what you're seeing is this massive students. China graduates many more STEM graduates than the United States, and they have done that for many years. So you're seeing three and a half million students at last count, compared to eighty thousand in the United States. So it's a big magnitude difference for them in particular, and now they're able to get this kind of funding to be able to build up their tech sector, and you're seeing these impressive startups come out of the country's technology opportunities in the university city. Universities like Changhwa are also starting up their own incubators where students can get funding. They run a short tank like competition to be able to give these kids a chance to pitch their stories and possiblely get funding for them too.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg's Peter Elstrom, thank you very much on the latest big take. Actually, since we come to air on Bloomberg Tech, you see Nvidia kind of pairing some of its gains. We're up one point seven percent the way off session highs, and that's having an impact.
Speaker 4: Of course at the index level.
Speaker 2: I think about the NAZAQ one hundred or the S and P five hundred, and from a waiting perspective, in Vidia is the top dog, so market's kind of losing a bit of steam. We're going to get back to that key in Nvidia earnings forecast and help understand why some of the enthusiasm around AI and some of the concern around the bubble is dissipating a little bit. This is Bloomberg Tech. Welcome back to Bloomberg Tech. In market, it's in video, it's really off its session high is now actually in the last thirty minutes or so, we've gone from a gain of around three percent, we're now at one point seven percent. But part of the story when that Nvidia print hit was some belief that the AI investment cycle as and staying power. You saw neo clouds like Call, we've really jump in after hours last night, still up three percent on core. We've in the session that had been much higher at one point. Gensen Wong name checked quite a lot of model labs, and you know Google was including on that continues to be at record at high as Alphabet parent company of Google. Although I keep reminding myself that Gemini three, which we went over this week was trained on TPUs, and of course, as part of that interview and part of the Only School, gensle one carrow through a bit of shade some of the alternative to in Vidia's GPU offering.
Speaker 3: Saying they keep on coming back even when they're using rivals.
Speaker 13: Let's talk about video a bit more.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg US secuitis reporter come and Ryinikey is here and you had a great story really talking about how much in video was hinge and on the rest of the market mood and it on in video talking about that basically, we're anxious about AI spending. It seems as it offered some well relief rally, but why are we fighting it?
Speaker 14: Well, I mean we're really seeing like so goes in video, so goes the rest of the market. And you're right, this report was really overwhelmingly positive. And you know, we did see a share spike sort of immediately after popped in after hours, it was up this morning. It seemed to be broadening out into other AI names. But I think what we might be seeing now is just a little bit of fatigue. I spoke to at least one investor that said they were actually surprised and thought the move was quite.
Speaker 13: Muted for how good the report was.
Speaker 14: You know, the revenue guidance was great, and then they even sort of doubled down in this five hundred billion dollar forecast.
Speaker 13: And so they might do even better than that.
Speaker 14: That's hugely bullish, and you know, shows that spending for AI is set to continue. So we could just be seeing some fatigue here some shakeout, and video shares are still up forty percent this year, and over all the Nasdaq has done really well and valuations are high. So we could just see a little bit of thrashing here because of that.
Speaker 2: On the so goes and Video so goes the market point which corners of the technology sector. Did we see Mate moves even though it's fading a bit now because of Nvidia, and I guess, like I've been looking at the neo clouds, but it's broader than that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was actually very broad based. So we did see the neoclouds move, like you mentioned, you know, core Weave, nebuus were up after hours, but we even saw you know rival chip makers move. AMD was up, Broadcom was up, you know, Marvel was up, Micron, the other hyperscalers, you know, the mag seven names, so Meta, Alphabet, Microsoft, although I think that's dipped into the red just now, and Alphabet you know, closed at another record high yesterday and was extending those games as well. So we did see some you know, broad based moves that seem to be linked to AI optimism in those AI names, and you know, just seeing a little bit of a turn there now.
Speaker 3: Micronsat show you off by now five percent. I mean, it's had a phenomenal rally this year. Are we going to keep needing adrenaline hits to sustain as we as we see more broadly, investors tie up their books as we go into the market, what are some of the narratives that they're going to have to face? The AI trade versus the FED, versus rebalancing.
Speaker 14: Will you make such a good point, which that there are all these other macro backdrop things happening that are really.
Speaker 13: Important and are also weighing on the market.
Speaker 14: It's not just in Vidia as much as we're focused on that. So yes, they're going to need some AI reinvigoration. I think everybody's also really watching if we're gonna get more cuts from the FED.
Speaker 13: That's going to be really important.
Speaker 14: And I think that maybe optimism is a little dull for the end of the year. I've definitely heard people say that they're not expecting a Santa Claus rally, which, well, you know, we'll see it will be kind of a sad Christmas without one. But you know, it might be that just valuations are stretched, investors are looking to take some of their profits into the end of the year and then see what twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, Luoma's Carmen ron Nicky. Great to have you back on bloombog Tech. Thank you very much. Let's get some more Wall Street reaction to Nvidia's print. Joining us now Ruben Roy Steefel apply technology analysts by rating on Nvidia maintaining a two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Dollars price target.
Speaker 2: Let's start just with the outlook for the fiscal fourth quarter around sixty five billion dollars depending on where you stood going into that, that is meaningfully above consensus to some how do you react to that data point?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the data.
Speaker 9: Point is that the slope of the spend is continuing to move higher, and I think that that was a concern going into the print, especially after Jensen sort of let the cat out of the bag on how strong demand has been going with the five hundred billion dollars of backlocks that you talk about at GPC back in October, and you know, I think expectations because of that had increased going into to expectations for the results for the October quarter as well as the guidance and so you know, with with the acceleration of revenue in both the October quarter versus July, and then further acceleration into the January quarter. I think that took away, you know, some of the concerns. And then you know, the commentary on the call, which I thought was very important, was that they're obviously taking more orders. And so I think you just talked about this, which is that there could be you know, not could be there will be further upside to that five billion dollars backflog as we think about twenty six. You know, one of the things in addition to the slope increasing is that the runway here is increasing. So we get a lot of questions from investors around sustainability.
Speaker 8: Of the spend.
Speaker 9: Obviously, the hyperscalers have been increasing capex on a quarterly basis for quite a while right now. But you know, these types of data points would suggest that the runway on the spend and the demand for AI compute continues to.
Speaker 8: Lengthen.
Speaker 9: And so I think I think those are very strong data points for the ANI trade from you know, looking forward.
Speaker 2: Reuben, just as you were speaking, and Vidia's gain is now just nine tenths of a percent in a session. I'm not saying that's your fault. That's just curious time. The base case assumption is zero revenues from China. You know, Jensen could not have been more clear about that. But does that not then give give quite a lot of opportunity for some upside if they can get the China situation resolved.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I think that's right.
Speaker 9: I think, you know, at some point it is likely that we'll see you know, companies that can video and potentially am D and others figure out ways to work with both governments. The company talked about this on the call last night. But you know, to your point, even without China, and you know this came up on last quarter. I mean they had to beat in another raids without you know, any h twenty assumptions in the guidance. But you know, even with without that, you do have what I mentioned, which is the hyperscale CAPEX going up. And I think something that is still not fully appreciated is the rate at which sovereign governments are spending on AI.
Speaker 8: So you know, we talk about the five.
Speaker 9: Major hyperscalers in the United States and the capex budgets that are growing there. But and video is doing you know, quite a bit of growth and sovereign nation AI deployments, and I think that that's something that's going to continue as well. So even without China, obviously there's a big demands backdrop here, and like I said, that backdrop is extending into sort of a multi year investment cycle.
Speaker 3: Jensen and the company more broadly really spelled out again they own ninety percent of the AI accelertor market or the data center market. Is that going to change? You just reference AMD?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I think you know, at some point you will see, you know, just it's for nothing else, you know, capacity that am D that's I'm sorry, video can bring to the table, you know, could could enable others to participate here. The hyperscalers obviously have their own AGA platforms that they're trying to bring to the market. But I think, you know, the way to think about this is that the overall TAM assumptions continue to rise. Right So a year ago or so, we were talking about multiple hundreds of billions of dollars and potentially I compute TAM and now we're talking about trillions of dollars. Right so in video's talk about one to three trillion dollars. AMD you had an analyst meeting just a few weeks ago where they talked about a million dollar I'm sorry, a trillion dollar TAM as you get out to the end of the decade, and as that TAM increases, even if in Video's share comes down, which it likely will. I think you know this concept of all boats rise. You know, they're going to continue to grow revenue and our view, you know, just on the overall TAM assumption increasing.
Speaker 3: Ruben Roy Stephel great to have your analysis on the show. Thank you very much. Indeed, this is the market continues to fade, but we've got some more earnings for you. Next. Parallel So Network CEO joining us to discuss the report. The latest acquisition that's next. This is a Bloomberg Tech Let's dig into earnings a little bit more now, but this time is Palo Alto Networks, a cybersecurity firm reporting sixteen percent increase in revenue. That was yesterday, but it also announced a three point four billion dollar plan to acquire Chronosphere. It's a boost to its AI enabled cybersecurity offerings. Palo Alto Network CEO nikosha Urra joins us for more now, and look, your stock is lower because many is saying it's an M and A well digestion risk that maybe is being faced here. You put twenty five billion dollar offer into cyber Arc, now another M and A piece.
Speaker 4: Why does it work for you?
Speaker 8: Well, Carol, I'm nice to see you.
Speaker 10: This is our twenty eighth acquisition in about seven and a half years, and we've demonstrated to the market that we have been able to to establish our business and adjacent markets for the last seven years by paying attention to the market, looking at where the puck is going, understanding what is important for our customers, and I think Coronosphare, which is our latest acquisition, fits right.
Speaker 8: Banks make in the middle of where the market's going. If you look at what you.
Speaker 10: Guys were talking about before this, you're talking about in Vidia AMD. Eventually, all this compute power is going to result in people building faster and more and more relevant applications the end consumer or enterprises. All those applications have to be observed and make sure they don't have problems or go down.
Speaker 8: And that's what coronos Fair does.
Speaker 10: It observes applications and infrastructure, make sure you have nine nine point nine percent uptime, and then we are going to combine that with our agentic capabilities to make sure agents will go fix that if they go down. So I think it's a phenomenal opportunity going forward. It's fine, the stock will recover. I think investors are beginning to understand the story's all right.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously has not performed price target two fifty, well above where you are, and they're saying that you're a top tist software vendor seeing AI tailwinds as it grows ahead of industry pairs. But how does observability take you into a whole new ecosystem that you're now fighting data dog, diner trace? Why is that the right total addressable market for you? As well as security.
Speaker 8: Well, observability is a space.
Speaker 10: As I said, as we get more and more AI deployed, we're going to need more and more real time capability, real time capability and actions, real time capability and applications.
Speaker 8: Real time capabilities required ninety nine point nine to nine percent.
Speaker 10: Availability, which means you have to make sure your infrastructure is always up and running.
Speaker 8: If it has a problem, you should be able to fix it right away.
Speaker 10: Sort of similar to security, we also have to watch security on a constant basis, make sure something happens, we fix it right away.
Speaker 8: So actually, over the last ten to fifteen years, if we look.
Speaker 10: There are companies who've tried to play in both spaces, and typically that ended up really well in one side not the other. We've not made a foray into observability because we never thought we could build it organically. We don't have the skill set. But we went out looking for data pipelining. We found Chronosphare Cronos Fair has some of the best engineers in the space. Observably suffers from two problems. One is too expensive and two it doesn't scale well well. Cruisers solve that problem. It is two and a half times cheaper than anybody else on the market, and two it could scale to giggle what size in terms of what is needed from an AI perspective. So we think the time is right, the asset is right, and the opportunity is right.
Speaker 2: Taken in aggregate, that is an astonishing amount of M and A. Is there any reason why you can't just keep going and keep using M and A as the tool to position the platform where you want it in a kesh.
Speaker 10: Look, in the last seven and a half years, i'd say, thirty percent of our opportunity has been created by strategic and timely m and a seventy percent of our opportunity has been on organic innovation as a company.
Speaker 8: Now that's worked out really well for us.
Speaker 10: Even now we've announced two big deals cyber Arc and Chronosware. Collectively, we're going to spend slightly hundred thirty percion dollars. But that gave us the confidence to increase our tour gets for ARR in five thirty by five billion dollars. If I can go spend thirty billion dollars and buy five billion dollars of AR five years.
Speaker 8: So now I do that every day.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the fundamentals of where you are already r PO, in particular remaining performance obligation growth. It was strong in the court to just announce, but when you're pushing out to the fiscal twenty twenty six, our own intelligence ana and is just a little bit worried about the slowdown in growth.
Speaker 4: Are you worried about it?
Speaker 10: You know when I started seven and a half, he's go a two billion dollar company. RPR now has fifteen and a half billion dollars, set a target of twenty billion dollars in ARR.
Speaker 8: Those are big numbers.
Speaker 10: So I think part of what people fail to understand is absolute numbers get bigger and bigger on the margin growth rates change. But I think from a pro capability perspective, if we start doing twenty billion dollars in ARR, we'll be generating ten or fifteen billion.
Speaker 8: Dollars a free cast flow year.
Speaker 10: That's a far cry from where we started at a few hundred dollars seven years ago. So I think you have to look at it from a slightly multi year perspective.
Speaker 8: From that perspective, we think we're well positioned.
Speaker 10: We think this is going to be the largest cybersecurity in company in the world world, and we have aspirations to take it and double the triple to where.
Speaker 8: We are.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 2: Any given technology company might use a dozen several dozen different tools across cyber and AI, right and your pitch is you just put everything in one place, you know, offer a suite of things in one place.
Speaker 4: Is that strategy working to.
Speaker 2: Convince software companies in particular that it's better it's come to paramount to networks then do business with a handful of different players.
Speaker 10: Yes, of course it is working. We call that platformization APA. So we continue to at fifty to seventy five customers every quarter and sometimes more in about the fourth quarter. But I think more importantly look at the evolution of technology. Almost every industry, vertical and technology has started that way.
Speaker 8: From the application.
Speaker 10: Perspective, people had fifteen or twenty different vendors that you did the entire solutioning for CRM. Today we see single vendors platforms in CRM, same thing in HR. And I used to work in programming twenty five years ago. We used to have multiple applications that solved the problem. Today there's one platform, same thing in ITSM. I think the same thing is coming to cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is a twenty year old industry. It usually takes thirty thirty five years to build that platform capability in industries and make them become ubicuous.
Speaker 8: So I think we're the right place right time. We are seeing that move towards platformization.
Speaker 10: If you look at what happened most recently a few weeks ago, there was an attack using an ALLLM.
Speaker 8: That means the I was used.
Speaker 10: By bad actors to go and attack customers and they were able to do it in real time. You have to have real time capability on your side to defend yourself. The only way to deliver real time capability in your side is to not have a mess of forty or fifty products. The idea is to have them all be consolidated, running on a singular data layer, and building agents that go and defend you, just the way bad actors are using agents can attack you.
Speaker 2: In case, we just very briefly dropped into negative territory and then as that one hundred having been up at one point two point four percent.
Speaker 4: And the story this.
Speaker 2: Morning when I woke up was that in Vidia's forecast, it's print with soothing fears that we have about an AI market bubble. This might be the last chance I get for a while, so I'm going to do it. Give me the nikeshur nikesh Aurora.
Speaker 4: Cool. Are we or are we not? In an AI bubble?
Speaker 8: Look, we are in an exuberant phase of AI.
Speaker 10: I think it is the fastest technology evolution we've seen in our lifetimes, and I don't think it's about to stop. You can see huge bets being made by almost everybody.
Speaker 8: I think there's a lot of promise.
Speaker 10: You are seeing the consumer case, I think we underestimate how much the entire consumer landscape is changing, and it's going to change in the next twenty four months. The idea of having applications where we have to go to all the work ourselves is going to become our gane. You know, you'll have agents that'll go book your Uber, we'll go get your food from door dash, we'll book your airline ticket. We can all imagine a future like that. We all want a future like that. It's going to require significant amounts of compute at the end. So I think from an infrastructure perspective, in history, if you've never had a situation where we built infrastructure, it didn't get consumed if we wanted more. So I don't think the infrastructure problem is a real problem. Whether the demand comes right away or it comes an ear or two later, I think that time will tell. But from a demand from a technology fit, we're there. From an AI perspective, enterprises are slightly lagging that consumer adoption, but I think they're actually working hard to get there. You know, every time we do some AI experimentation internally, we come back and say, Wow, that is cool. I wish we could deploy that faster across the entire enterprise. So I think the demand's going to come. The timing is up to you guys. You guys follow that on a daily basis.
Speaker 8: We don't. We put our heads down and see where am I going to be three to five years from now? How do I position power out a network in that context? And are we going to plot our way there?
Speaker 10: And if we think that AI opportunity is going to create explosive opportunity for almost every technology subsector and even cybersecurity.
Speaker 2: Palle alto network see Nikesha raw. It's great to have you back on Bloomberg Tech. Thank you very much. Now coming up, what more on in video is the company is set to get a global boost from Middle East steals for AI chips. We're going to get the house view from Bloomberg Intelligence.
Speaker 4: Next, this is Bloomberg Tech.
Speaker 2: The US has approved the sale of tens of thousands of AI chips to the UAE in Saudi Arabia, a move that could further cement in videos global dominance. Bloomberg Intelligence senior analyst con Jensavani wrights the US approval of Blackwell GPU's four golf stations quote is tangible proof of sovereign AI momentum. What we're trying to do con Jan is take that five hundred billion dollar figure which takes us through Canada twenty six and find some upside and you think it's in sovereign AI.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 15: And just for context, as five hundred dollars figure was already about five to six percent above consensus said of yesterday, this new deals that they announced, the three to four new deals mostly on the sovereign could add five around billions of dollars on top of that if they were able to execute well and the supply keeps coming.
Speaker 3: On and yet shares and now down three tens of a percent, we're negative. We were raised all of our gains on the day. And then as that follows suit, why wasn't this enough to ease concerns? Do you think what was there anything left that you needed to hear Knjin fundamentally know.
Speaker 15: I mean, this was one of the more bullish quarters or earnings we have seen from in media, not just in terms of the three Q four Q numbers, which by the way, they blew pass the loftiest byside bogies, but reaffirming their five hundred billion target. The key point that people are missing is holding gross margin to mid seventies even when way for HBM packaging costs are all rising. If you're able to hold that and execute that, that speaks a lot about their pricing power.
Speaker 2: I just want to play your samdbite from Gensuwang about Vera rub and listen to.
Speaker 5: This billions of dollars. Yeah, and so for our Ruben system, a one gig of our data center is probably something along the lines of fifty to fifty five and vidious contribution is probably about thirty five of that.
Speaker 2: That's data on some confusion for the cell side content. Just to explain your view on it real quick.
Speaker 15: Yeah, when you think about the total cost it takes to build a data center, I mean we're talking about fifty to sixty percent just going to one company taking up a whole That bomb how important that is and what that mode speaks to. I don't think the debate around a sken GPU is going to go away, but this should give some investors key factual data points that despite we are going to see a future where companies will do risk management and vendor diversity and have a six or of second mertue supplier but the dominant share will still go to.
Speaker 3: N media contry and Savani. I'm pretty back intelligence me.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That does it for this edition of Boomberg Tech ed we are in negative territory to end the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an astonishing turnaround in the first couple of hours the session. And as like one hundred now down half percentage point and video downholf percentage point. That's worth a recap on the pod. You know where to find it. From New York and San Francisco. This is Bloomberg Tech