Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did it. We made it to a Friday in one piece. I had the under everybody's here, the King of Content, the Minister of Humor, Fritzi in the back row, with Seaton, Marv and Paulie in the front row, yours truly and the back room guys. It's a Friday. It's a meat Friday. And yes, smoked baby back ribs, mac and cheese coleslaw ready to go. Later on, who has it better than we do? A right Steph Curry might have it better than we do. Watching him last night put on another clinic.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're the road team and the home.
Speaker 2: Crowd gives you a standing ovation, that pretty much you graduated into a really elite category. I remember when the Celtics would come to Atlanta with Larry Bird and they would pack the Omni because they wanted to see the Celtics, Jordan and the Bulls. When they came to town, fans packed the building because they wanted to see them. They almost wanted to see them be great against their own team. It's the ultimate compliment. But last night Steph Curry reminds us once again of how great he is, how easy he makes it look. And more importantly, the Golden State Warriors are something to deal with now because if you look at some of the numbers that they've had, they haven't been very good this year. They Kevin Durant turned down an opportunity to play with Golden State. They get Jimmy Butler. Now, they won a two month stretch where they went thirteen and twenty three. Since they got Jimmy Butler, and you can say they're a contender, maybe a dark horse contender and inching up to be the sixth seed in the Western Conference. They hadn't won three in a row since November, they won five in a row. Jimmy Butler didn't play well last night. I mean is basically steph hurry. He put up fifty six points. He only needed twenty five shots and did the damage from three point range. Once again, it's so much fun to watch, and when you do watch, you're like, how does he get open? How does he get that ball away? He's not fast, doesn't necessarily have a great handle, has a quick release, but the ability to find spacing is so impressive. And he's doing this at thirty six years of age. It's not supposed to happen this way. If you did a combine and I put Anthony Edwards out there against Steph Curry, you'd be like, that guy is great. He's really good. That guy is an old timer. But it's understanding the game. We've talked about this many many times where you're just around players and you go, how did they get it done? They get it done because they understand the game. They do think things instead of just react. And that's the brilliance is Steph Curry. The form is awesome, the release quick, the ability to find his spot, and also his teammates realizing how he can find his spot and then they help assist that.
Speaker 3: But it's fun to watch. Last night.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America Official trading cards to The Dan Patrick Show First Hour brought to you by Rapid Radio's official Walkie Talkie said the Dan Patrick Show instant pushed a talk national LTE coverage.
Speaker 3: No subscriptions ever.
Speaker 2: Business owners keep in touch up to two hundred staff members at one time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com sixty percent off and free shipping. Play the Day Poll question stat of the day. All of that forthcoming. The man who signed Michael Jordan at Nike, Sonny Vaccaro. He also signed Kobe at Adidas, nearly had Lebron at Adidas. He'll join us coming up, and this is one of those he wants to set the record straight because they're there was a moment not too long ago where Phil Knight, the CEO of Nike, Michael Jordan, and George Raveling, former college coach. They were saying that Sonny had nothing to do with Michael Jordan going to Nike, which is a lie because Sonny did. And they had the movie Air that talks about Sonny signing Michael Jordan. The fact that Michael Jordan sort of, I guess acknowledged this lie is surprising. But Sonny wrote a book and he'll join us coming up next hour. Woody Harrelson has a movie that comes out tonight today. It's called Last Breath. Got a chance to see it a few days ago, so what he will join us coming up a little bit later. On Cabs and the Celtics coming up tonight. Travis Kelcey is coming back for another season. What I find interesting is when a player says I can't.
Speaker 3: Go out this way.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to the super Bowl. Now granted you guys got blown. Now you didn't play, well, there's no guarantee you get to the super Bowl. I do believe if they had won the super Bowl, he would have retired. I do believe that. I thought he was going to retire. But you look at his numbers. I mean, the numbers can lie, but what did he have ninety catches last year? Ninety five catches? But in their offense now it's a ball control offense. Now you need him. I mean he's not beating you deep, it's you know, short yardage pass plays. But you know he's still I don't want to say dangerous, but he's somebody that you would want on the field. He makes you better. And I think him wanting to play one more season, hey, I'm all for that. I would never want somebody to say you should retire. You have to know when to retire. And if Travis Kelsey wants to run it back one more season, good for him. I think his brother Jason could have stayed one more year and won a super Bowl. But I also think he had so many media opportunities that it was right for him and he was banged up a little bit. Travis is going to have opportunities. Jason. This was a golden opportunity for him. He took advantage of it and he's done quite well. But Travis Kelce coming back for one more season eight seven to seven three DP Show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle THEDP Show. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner and our radio affiliates around the country. This just in from Diana Russini from the Athletic. The Rams are said to meet with Matthew Stafford at their facility in person later today regarding his future. I throughout two years one hundred million dollars make it guarantee whoever is going to sign, whether it's the Rams, the Raiders, the Giants, or another team throwing you the Steelers. Well, the Raiders and Giants had discussed a two year contract for Matthew Stafford that includes eight ninety to one hundred million guaranteed. A decision is expected soon. They did give him permission. He met with Tom Brady. If it was a planned meeting, it's still okay because you know, this wasn't anything that Brady was doing behind the scenes or you know, in a clandestine way he did. And you know he had approval from the Rams to go talk to whoever he wanted to or his representatives. He just happened to be, you know, on the ski slopes when Tom Brady was there at Montana and he's spoken to the New York Giants. I was wondering, though, Raiders or Giants. Now if I said Rams, I would say, go back to the Rams if they're going to give you this money, because I certainly like what the Rams are doing. The Raiders, they're not close. You do get brock Bauers, but it just seems a little spotty, little shaky there the Giants. You know, the Giants have a third pick in the draft. They got Melik Neighbors. I certainly like that. The question is, let's say they got Travis Hunter Melik Neighbors. Matthew Stafford, Now you got my attention. Now, granted, you're in the NFC, you're in with the Eagles and the Commanders in your own division.
Speaker 3: But look at the Raiders.
Speaker 2: You're in the AFC West where everybody made the playoffs. But you and I'm wondering if you're Matthew Stafford. I get to play indoors half my season with the Raiders. I like that Brady is part owner. I like the competitive part of that with Tom and Brock Bawers is a very very maybe you know, knocking on the door of the new best tight end in the NFL. So I'm looking at the pluses and minuses. If the money is the same, and I thought this is where we were going. Maybe it's completely guaranteed two years, one hundred million dollars. The Giants feel like they're a little more competitive here. The Raiders don't. But I do like the fact that his age playing indoors for half of the season, even though you're going to be in the AFC West. I think the Giants feel like they're going to be a playoff team this year, as strange as that may sound, because they didn't look particularly competitive last year. You let Saquon Barkley go, Daniel Jones, you let him go, Matthew Stafford comes in, you do get respect, I think, I mean, you have to respect a team that has Matthew Stafford. I just I'm still the surprise element of this is the Rams are ready to win. Now, That's what I don't like, what are the Rams going to do if you said, I can have Sam Darnold for five years or Matthew Stafford for two or Jimmy Garoppolo or Matthew.
Speaker 3: Stafford, I gotta take. I gotta take Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Albert Breer, the Monday Morning Quarterback, was with us yesterday and he talked about the time frame. You know, the RAMS time frame is different than Matthew Stafford's time frame. The Rams may say we have a five year window. Matthew Stafford may only have a two year window. I you know, just ask the niners the windows close. Win win now, that's the most important thing. You got an opportunity win Now, Matthew Stafford helps you better than Sam Donald or Jimmy Garoppolo.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 2: Now. I have complete trust in Sean McVay, But in this situation, I want Matthew Stafford back for two more years.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: He may want three, three years, he may want four. You just say we're giving you two. It's all guaranteed, come on back home. And if not, and it feels like something's gonna happen here by by the weekend, because I think it has to. You know, the RAMS have to prepare for the draft, like what are we doing now? What's our strategy? Or if you're the Raiders and you don't get him, if you're the Giants at three, are you more likely to take a quarterback? Probably so, or at least you're gonna have you're gonna have one quarterback to pick from. More than likely cam Ward will go first and then Shadoor Sanders after that. Or the Raiders may say, hey, you know what, we'd rather have Shodoor Sanders. We're not ready to win now. But they just offered him reportedly two years, one hundred million dollars guaranteed, so they are in the same you know, Matthew Stafford business here all right, see let's poll question today.
Speaker 3: We got one here from Paulie. That's fun.
Speaker 6: Whose career would you want? Classic Steph Curry, Patrick Mahomes show, HEO Tani? This includes past, present, current. Okay, I don't know if you can put Otani in there, h worldwide? No, I would be Otani. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh I thought.
Speaker 3: You No, no, no, well, I mean they're paying him seven hundred million dollars.
Speaker 6: More than Patrick Mahomes, more than Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, yeah, I mean Otani is unique. Steph is Steph is one of the great players of all time, absolutely great a shooter, great Mahomes, obviously legacy there. Otani's different, like there's nothing, There's nobody like show Hayotanic.
Speaker 6: Steph is one of the two players you could point to that changed the game in recent memory, like in a generation of people.
Speaker 3: And Otani has changed the game. I don't know if he has.
Speaker 2: I think that the number of players who might try to do both, it was unheard of. They wouldn't. They would say, no, you got to pick you're either a shortstop or a pitcher. It feels like there's going to be maybe, hey, let's see what we have because most of your baseball players play another position. If they're a pitcher and they're probably the best player on the team and they're the shortstop and they bat third, I think you're going to see players who are at least going to try it. Steph Curry did change the game with all these threes, but I would be sho heyo tanu, yes, Martin.
Speaker 7: But Steph Curry the NBA. Remember it's worldwide, So Steph Curry may be as famous, if not more famous than show Heo Tani.
Speaker 2: Okay, but okay, what are we basing this on? You want to be in because of fame?
Speaker 7: Well, his influence and what he's already done.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yes, Steph Curry's influence is so important and widespread that he changed the men's game and the women's game.
Speaker 3: Okay, So is this fame, Like, what are we basing this off of.
Speaker 7: I'm going off of influence Because Sho Hao Tani might change the game, Steph Curry's already done it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's enough that you've changed the game. Not success, money, He's got all that too. No, But I'm saying you're just talking about he changed the game.
Speaker 6: If we were doing success, I would say Steph Curry and Patrick Mahomes are more successful than Shoe Hao Toani too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would take show Heo Tani because the only comp he has is Babe Ruth. That's it. Nobody else. Steph Curry greatest shooter of all time?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's not, you know it might not be one of the top ten players of all time when it's all said and done. Patrick mahomes numbers are dropping even though they still have teams success. Is he going to catch Tom Brady. His comp is Joe Montana right now. Show Hey, Otani's got to win a few more championships, but the Dodgers are spending more than anybody. There's not a wrong answer here, Yes, Tom, But yeah, don't.
Speaker 8: You need to see more with O'tani before you would put O'tani ahead of Curry If you had to decide right now, I think you kind of just said it. You need to see Kenny put up big numbers offensively and as a pitcher to put him really overstep right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you, if you look at the only comp for him is Babe Ruth, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'd be like if you're NBA player and your comp is you know, Wilt Chamberlain with everything like Joker Joker, when they bring up his numbers, they're like, uh, you know, the last guy who did this was Wilt. So I'm looking at historically the three point line. You know a lot of players didn't get the opportunity to use the three point line the way Steph does. Doesn't mean they'd be as good, but you have a lot of players who would have a lot different numbers if they were able to. I mean, how many three pointers did Steph shoot last night? I think he had nineteen three point attempts last night out of twenty five shots. So once again, I don't think there's a wrong answer, but I would I would take O'tani just because of the unique nature of what he's done.
Speaker 3: And look at it. Look at the year he had last year. That's unheard of.
Speaker 2: Steph hasn't had a year where you go, that's unheard of. Even when they won seventy three games, what happened? They didn't win the title. Choe Hey Otani put up a season that's never been seen before. He didn't even pitch last year. That's just hitting.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break. I like this.
Speaker 2: We're getting spicy, saucy, good sports radio conversation. Yes, yes, all right, we'll take a break. Phone calls eight seven to seven three. DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Take a break back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Make sure you go to Danpatrick dot com sign up for the newsletter comes out every single day recaps everything that we did on the show. Also, you'll get a heads up before anybody else some of the items that we're going to have. Specials that we're going to have as well. You can get a new headcover for your driver. We partnered up with Dormy handmade one hundred percent full grain top grain leathers up to sixty five percent off and you can only get them at danpatrick dot com limited quantities. Sonny Viccaro and Woody Harrelson on the guest list later on today, NFL Combine still going on, going to start to get a little bit more exciting. I think, you know, it's weird when you're watching and my wife walked by and she goes, what is that. I said, well, it's the combine. She goes, well, they don't have pads on. I said, thanks, son, And she said, well, what's it for? I said, these are college players and they get to run drills in front of the NFL scouts and then it can help their draft status.
Speaker 3: And then she's like, well, who wins?
Speaker 2: Like I said, well, the individual player can win if he runs like a fast forty yard dash and or he lifts weights and they have different So I'm explaining and then I'm going I could just see the blank look on her face, like, what's like a three cone drill? And I said, yeah, it's just to see your agility, See how quick you are, see how fast you are, how strong you are, Yes, Polly.
Speaker 10: Which is more weird non sports people looking at what we do and what we think is important, or us thinking about people who don't care about sports at all and what they do with their day.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's fast fascinating to the non sports fan who is curious why we think this is really a big deal and it's important. And I was trying to explain that to my wife last night or yesterday, and I realized that she wasn't going to grasp it, and I just said, it's a chance for these college football players who you may not know. There are some notable names here, but they are able to meet with teams. The teams can then decide if maybe they want to, you know, draft somebody. So it's it's just a chance that everybody meets in one place in Indianapolis and then they show and I could I kept speaking and then I'm realizing this really sounds boring what I'm saying. I can just you know, the more you talk like, the less impactful you are.
Speaker 3: Todd right, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, that's a yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was watching a little bit of the combine last night and my wife goes, all right, so, like, what's happening here? And I was like, well, they're trying to see if they can get drafted or not. She was like, what don't they have like taped and didn't see these guys during the year. They probably did, but I said, a lot of times it's for like small town guys, small school guys. So and the NFL draft she is fascinated by. She goes, but nobody's playing. Why are there a million people there? She goes, Mark, they're just calling names. I said, I know the NFL's got a choke hold on this place called America.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know what your team's schedule is coming up, you know who you're gonna play. You don't know exactly how to plan your fall if you want to go see your team play. But the schedule release, I mean, it's it's incredible. Oh yes, it's this big reveal and you're like, oh, and then we're gonna bring in the experts to analyt. Like, there's so many things that we get excited about. Now somebody on the outside looking and trying to understan and yes, Todd, because you immediately.
Speaker 8: Go into a prediction mode with your team. That's a win, that's a loss, that's a loss. We could be five and two based on that schedule. We could be five and two at that point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Bolly, But I think the opposite is more fascinating. I have a few friends who know nothing and care zero about sports. I wonder what they do with their weekends. I can't imagine what they do on the weekend. I hang out their family and be productive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see it's awful. Yes, in the fall, what do you do all day? Like responsible citizens, husbands, fathers.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I said to my wife, I said, the combine is on throughout the weekend. And then and I said, and then I at the very end, I go and rich Eisend's there, And she goes, why is he there?
Speaker 3: I said, at least broadcasting? What do you broadcast?
Speaker 2: And then I was like, never mind, hunt, but I thought that that hey, rich Eisen's there, because she knows rich it's important Yeah, somehow that validated that.
Speaker 3: Well, Rich's there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, now I understand why you're watching this by yourself in a dark room smoking a cigar.
Speaker 3: Okay, a couple of phone calls in.
Speaker 7: Here, BOHNI you to see his bench press?
Speaker 3: Yeah to twenty five? Huh.
Speaker 2: After watching Steph Curry last night, PAULI thought, here's a pull question. Would you rather be Steph Curry, Patrick Mahomes or Shoeo Tani? Now you get them now, you got them before, and then you get them in the future. Okay, I said, I would take show heyo Tani. The hardest thing in sports is to hit a baseball, and he has three MVPs and had a season that nobody has ever had before last year and he didn't even pitch last year. I would say, show heyo Tony. Now you would think me loving to shoot three pointers? That I would take Steph Curry, which I am envious of that ability to shoot that many threes and to shoot it better than anybody who's ever played the game. And he doesn't have a comp When you go who's the greatest shooter of all time? Who else is in that conversation? I mean, Ray Allen is great, Larry Bird was great, Clay was great, Reggie was great, Dame is great.
Speaker 3: Steph is different than all of them.
Speaker 2: Now, if you said to Reggie he got to have fifteen threes, twelve threes again, Larry Bird shooting, you know, you would have seen different numbers from them. And it's not that Steph is one dimensional just a great shooter. I mean he's not a high assist guy, not a defensive guy, you know, but he is different than anybody else who plays the game. So I have to factor that in how great he is. I mean, Durant I said this before, Durant's a better basketball player than Steph. What Steph does is singularly better than anybody else. And then you throw in Mahomes. I think had he won the Super Bowl, then maybe this is a little bit more of a fairer fight there. But you're looking at Mahomes and you're saying, he's what twenty eight, He's got maybe ten more years. He's already a top five quarterback of all time. I would think everybody would agree with that, maybe top three yes time.
Speaker 8: But Marvin's argument changing the way the game is played on the men and women's side, that to me holds a lot, you know, when you're comparing the two, I know only Babe Ruth and there's a select few people in the history of baseball that have done both. But he wasn't the pioneer of that, and they could potentially be others to do that. It's very hard to believe someone's ever going to shoot like that in the future of the NBA and to have the game change so dramatically the way it's play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree, But Paulie asked me the question. I said, show Heyutani, he had a baseball season that we've never seen before.
Speaker 3: He's got three MVPs.
Speaker 2: If he wins a couple of more World Series titles, then all of a sudden you kind of put him into a different category as one of the greats of all time. And STEP's there, Mahomes is there. But Otani, with what he does is just unique. I still go back to nobody would be compared with Babe Ruth. No one until now, that's one hundred years, nobody's ever been compared.
Speaker 7: Yes, Mark, But will show Hey be considered the greatest at something in the game of basement now?
Speaker 3: No, he will not.
Speaker 7: Steph is already undoubtedly the greatest shooter ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: So you'd rather be just one of the greatest and then instead of being the greatest at something.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you that I'm looking at what o'tani has done and his only compass, Babe Ruth. Now everybody else is going to be compared to Steph Curry as we move forward. But once again, the proliferation of three point attempts has changed dramatically, Ray Allen, if you give him fifteen to threes a game, is Ray putting up similar numbers? Reggie Miller, Reggie, would you know what? Take five three pointers? Larry would take three or four? You know, the game has changed, and and Steph is the big reason for that. He's able to get a green light, and rightfully, so the problem is all the other people who have a green light and it should be yellow or red.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy, well, so I agree.
Speaker 10: I'm going with Steph Curry for all the reasons everyone said, because it's already in the tank. However, your points on o'tani are pending. He's going to have to be injured to not win the MVP the next three or four years because he's going to pitch and hit with the Dodgers, who are going to have the most wins in baseball likely, so it's going to be an anomaly if he does not win the MVP. He could have six MVPs before the age of thirty five easily without injury. And if you look at the best two way player in the history of the sport, it's going to be him.
Speaker 3: Babe.
Speaker 10: Ruth didn't cross over that much. He really didn't. He didn't do both at a high end simultaneously. And then, like you said, the Otani effect could be a decade from now when there's a bunch of guys doing it.
Speaker 2: Steph's not going to win another MVP. Mahomes probably won't win another MVP. Now that doesn't mean he won't win Super Bowl MVP, but Steph winning another NBA championship, the odds are long. Otani is playing with the best team in baseball, spends more money than anybody else, and by proxy is going to benefit b in the playoffs every year, maybe win a couple more World Series titles, maybe a couple of MVPs because of the uniqueness of who he is.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm also going to go with Steph Curry because he turned the Golden State Warriors into a national team. Like so in about ten years, Mahomes did the same thing. I think in ten years you're going to see a bunch of kids that turn into adults. Hey I'm a cheese fan. Well, you live in Arizona. Why are you the chief? Well, Patrick whils is my favorite player. Same thing went to a nets game Warriors man. Just tons of ten and eleven year olds with Stephen Curry jerseys, and they're gonna be adults. They're going to be I.
Speaker 3: Agree, I agree wholeheartedly. There's no wrong answer here.
Speaker 2: How about we do this in five years where I asked the question, So we just got to call each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll do a quick show. Yeah, yes, ton.
Speaker 8: This may be unfair, but to that point, Otani wasn't able to make the Angels a national team. They got some more exposure and attention, but Trout couldn't do it. O Toanni couldn't do it. He had to go to a team that already has a whole history. So there's nothing much you can do.
Speaker 2: But Dodgers Lawrence oh Tani overshadowed the player that most people think was the best player in the game in Mike Trout and Mike Trout is a Hall of Famer. But people were curious about Otani. They weren't curious about Mike Trout. It was like, God, that guy is great every year. There was no curiosity factor. Mahomes, there's a curiosity factor the way he plays a fascinating steph obviously and Otani, Yes he.
Speaker 6: Did sho Hey Otani overshadow Mike Trout or did Mike Trout just find a shadow to hide under because he is the most invisible, greatest player of the generation in any sport ever, of all time.
Speaker 2: Well, he may not be a self doesn't even exist, he's not a self promoter, but he still was considered the best player in the game, whether he was doing interviews or not. Otani, there was a curiosity with him.
Speaker 10: Yes, Trout's first ten years they never were in the playoffs. One playoff series. If you want to compare him to Albert Poolhols's first ten years, they're very close, but the Saintless Cardinals were all He's.
Speaker 3: In the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we you know settled here radio it is tell what it is, Come on, come verse challenge.
Speaker 3: That sounds mentally.
Speaker 2: Kenny in la Hey, Kenny, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: You guys? First of all, I got us SAT of the Day, But preliminarily I would say that Pandora's version of SAT of the Day is a poor man's Steamy Nicks many of that. Steph Curry twenty six games of three points, twenty six games where.
Speaker 2: Let me help you here, he has twenty six career games with ten or more three pointers. That's more than the next five players combined. Klay Thompson, Dame Lillard, James Harden, Zach Levine and j R. Smith, Jay the Jay.
Speaker 3: We love you, Stadin poor Man, Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 2: I'd like to apologize to Stevie Nicks if.
Speaker 3: She's listening, and she probably is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Seaton, I just want to go on record that I do not support this latest movement of stat of the Day songs. We have a great time on her tradition, no seat of great artists contributing stat of the Day songs that we are drastically drastically watering down no offense, seating, free your mind, the rest will no offense. Two we played yesterday were horrible.
Speaker 3: They were bad.
Speaker 9: That one.
Speaker 6: I get what we're doing with it. I don't know that this is what we want to do. Sometimes it's so bad it's good. Yeah, Sometimes it's so bad it's it's terrible.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 8: I'd like that naughty burlesque quality of something there.
Speaker 2: Once again, you're the guy who saw a license plate on the highway in Los Angeles and then you followed the car because I.
Speaker 8: Said, like hot, mom or something, got to see who this woman is, and I just couldn't weave in and out try to get next to see who this person is. Ended up being like some eighty year old woman sitting on a phone book so you could see through the over the hearing.
Speaker 2: Whel alrighty, we're just getting started on this program, and.
Speaker 3: We'll come back. We got our play of the day right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio. WAP, Oh my God, the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Play this is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Curry, guarded by Carter Junior, gets another screen bounce past the post over the Pejemsky post had a layup and gave it up Pojebsky out to Curry Pop.
Speaker 3: Big fly by free.
Speaker 11: Ball, got it with the butzer sounding.
Speaker 3: The shot clock was winding down. This twelve three of the night. He's got a fifty two point game.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of ninety five point seven the game Steph Curry twelve three pointers. That was his twelfth that finished with fifty six points and a fourteenth career game of fifty or more points that ties in with Rick Berry and Lebron James for seven all time. That's your play of the day, brought to you by tire rack dot com, Official tire expert of the DP show, tire rack dot Com, slash Dan Try the Tired Decision God, full lineup of Yokohama Tires Special Office, Free Road Hazard Protection, Mobile tire Installation, Tire iraq dot com The way tire buying should be. All right, let's bet on the results of the poll question. So far, you can have Shohey Otani's career, Patrick Mahomes' career or Steph Curry's career, past and future. I'm going to say people sided with Steph Curry. It's Steph Mahomes Otani. Anybody think differently on the poll question?
Speaker 8: Yes, Tom, Steph Otani, Mahomes.
Speaker 7: Okay, Marv Mahomes, Steph Otani.
Speaker 6: Okay, Seaton the results right now, Dan on Danpatrick dot com the website. You have the order, Dan Patrick, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Just reversed.
Speaker 6: So I didn't have it exactly right. You had it exactly right, just reversed. You had Steph Mahomes Otani. Otani has fifty five percent of the vote, followed by Mahomes and then Steph with twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, all right, I knew this audience was really smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 10: I was thinking about Otani going forward. Let's say he pitches and hits next year, he hits forty five homers, hits three hundred, and is like twelve and six as a pitcher. You got to find a reason to not give him the MVP every year. Yeah, it's gonna be six years from now he could have easily six MVPs. Is Barry Bonds the best of all time with five? Yeah, I mean he should fly by this. That number.
Speaker 12: Well, there's a lot of work to do. Yeah, and health, but yeah, my lord, he's gonna and I don't you know. The pitching part of this is the tricky part of this. Because you know, coming off surgery.
Speaker 2: But the fact that what he did hitting wise and stealing bases, combining those numbers, that's what's amazing. I mean, hey, you can't pitch. We didn't even know how healthy he would be. Hitting wise, Yeah, he stole fifty nine bases. He's one of the biggest guys in the game. So he went from twenty six to fifty nine stolen bases.
Speaker 3: Red in Georgia, high Red. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey, thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 13: Hey Dan, you crushed with his old ton of thay. But man, one thing I would like to add by th time, that was the year old Tony could have wanted the shy young in the MVP. He actually brought me back to watching baseball every day.
Speaker 11: Danny and the Steph Curry thing. Let's submit to this, Danny.
Speaker 13: The way they called the game and the way the game is played now allowed step to be greater the impossible that he would have been. The way they called the game and the way the game played, you take the physicality out. I come just to love the majency Bird playing an era where.
Speaker 11: He don't have to be handchecked. Come on, Danny, And then this is the Damn Patrick Show and the Dennys, not the Denny and Dan Patrick and PAULI. I'm surprised that you at the end. I would have thought you would have came on Dan's side, the naked you know, like y'all was going against Danny. We can't have that.
Speaker 13: And on the Damn Patrick Show.
Speaker 11: Thanks what that?
Speaker 3: Thank you read?
Speaker 2: This is a democracy here and sometimes it becomes a dictatorship.
Speaker 3: Yees see?
Speaker 6: Who did you pick in the pole question?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 3: I picked to Tom.
Speaker 6: Oh me too, agree, Yes, yes, gosh, you're so right, You're always so right.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: We put you on Mount Rushmore right now, I mean no, not yet, maybe in three years.
Speaker 3: Maybe in three years, okay, all right, just right on the Mount Rushmore broadcasters. You're there? Yeah, yes, yes, is there really a close second?
Speaker 8: Just might be four pictures of you I don't even know who?
Speaker 3: Thank you, ton Wlade. Are you being serious?
Speaker 8: I'm being facetious.
Speaker 3: That's not how we do that? Why do you do that?
Speaker 8: The pictures of Dan Patrick?
Speaker 4: And then I'm just.
Speaker 3: Believing you and I thought that you truly felt that.
Speaker 8: Little tongue in cheek, not a lot slight tongue.
Speaker 6: We can get Ohio, Dan Patrick. We have Atlanta CNN, Dan Patrick, then we go ESPN, then we go this era.
Speaker 3: There you go, that's four right there, Yes, Paul. I wonder if the.
Speaker 10: Guy who was like oversaw the construction of Mount Rushmore New eighty years later, he'd be a sports radio fixture, like, what a weird dynamic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who's your Mount Rushmore? Yeah? Colin in California, High Colin, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Dan, Part time uber driver, full time listener. I have a proposal for a future or a folk question today. As you probably know, there's an election going on in the state of Utah to name the NHL franchise the front running candidate Utah. YETI was denied a trademark and the votes are being tallied for three final candidates of the Utah Outlaws, the Utah Mammoth, and the Utah Hockey Club. All three lack originality, which is unfortunate in a league founded on an oridgid on an original six. Dan, I actually own a trademark that I filed for last May that, with your endorsement, could be telling the name of the next NHL franchise in Utah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, here is Colin in California with the big reveal.
Speaker 4: The Utah Augurs. That's not that's not it. That's not it, but it may as well be. The Augurs. It kind of sound like it. The Utah Anglers, the Utah Anglers.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think you're fishing for compliments there on your thank you con. I like the Augurs. Now that I have an augur.
Speaker 10: Oh you bought your releasing.
Speaker 2: Now I bought. I bought an augur. Yes, yes, yes, five dollars for that augur.
Speaker 10: How often do you can I use that bad boy?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whenever I'm in Maine and somebody needs, you know, wants to go ice fishing.
Speaker 10: You could big shot people though, when they're trying to drill with the old style. You walk up with your power auger and just let it up.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tommy, uh, step aside.
Speaker 2: Let me let me let me cut open a hole here in the with my auger. I need to have a carrying case for it. You know where it's you know, carrying over my shoulder, yes, ton Oh, like.
Speaker 8: When someone's carrying their bowling ball, their pool stick, like I mean business, I got my own whole package.
Speaker 3: Oh here comes I go to the bar. And I bring my auger with me. Makes sense?
Speaker 2: So boys, uh, hey, could you uh could you get up? I'd like to have a seat for my augur.
Speaker 6: Those like golf clubs, like you can't bring them in, but you leave the auger outside at the door. They have like a rack that everyone puts the in. Yes, like a bag rack. You have an augur rack there right exactly. Hey, hey, babe, you want to come out and see my auger? Yeah, what are you drilling for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's family show. Thank you, Sonny, but Caro join us? Coming up?
Speaker 2: What he Harrelson will join us. It's a Friday, All bets are off. It's a Friday. One hour in the books, Two more to go. Dan Patrick's show