Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Ice detention facilities nationwide on high alert after a sniper rained bullets from a rooftop on a van filled with detainees, killing one detainee and wounding two more in what authorities are calling an act of targeted violence against the agency. FBI Director Cash Battel revealed they found these rounds of ammunition with writings on one of them reading anti ICE. We've also spoken with friends, people that knew the suspect. They say he was more of a gamer and not interested in politics.
Speaker 4: The writing on the bullets seems to be a sick, twisted part.
Speaker 2: Of our new world. Just something you have to.
Speaker 5: Do well and my goodness, yet another example of what we were talking about last hour. This is an angry, disaffected youngish person who had no particular political philosophy for most of their lives, latching on too, just won very recently and deciding to kill people, which is often a performative suicide, as experts say, is it political violence?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is there a left wing political message to what he's doing. Yes, but it's a more complicated phenomenon than them. Was he actually trying to affect a political issue, I'm not sure, or.
Speaker 4: Did he just want to be famous and end his own life? He wanted his suicide to mean something, right, I think.
Speaker 5: That's the actual pathology we're dealing with a lot. How many times have you heard, I mean the murder of Charlie Kirk had absolutely developed a left wing angry philosophy.
Speaker 2: He also didn't kill himself, so he might be a different situation.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I would agree. Yeah, I don't want to get hung up on that one in the similarities and differences, but there the pathology is not simply I'm angry about politics anyway.
Speaker 2: More on that to come, But.
Speaker 5: Back to the shooting up of Ice and specifically the question of anti ice rhetoric.
Speaker 2: Michael, give us thirty one thirty two.
Speaker 6: Back to back a lot of new disturbing details about the shooting outside of this ice facility here. You know, officials all day yesterday, after sharing more information said this is the direct result of anti ice rhetoric. They said, it only incites violence, and really it has to stop because if it doesn't more people are going to end up dead.
Speaker 7: President Trump, reacting to this tragedy entreue social saying a part quote, I will be signing an executive order this week to dismantle these domestic terrorism networks. I am calling on all Democrats to stop this rhetoric against ICE and America's law enforcement right now.
Speaker 4: And we mentioned this poll earlier that's getting so much traction. Do you think the way people talk about politics is contributing to violence? Eighty two percent say yes, and the other ones are wrong to that question.
Speaker 5: What rhetoric are they talking about? Are Democrats engaging in dangerous rhetoric toward ICE forty one?
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's modern.
Speaker 4: Da descopo is scooping folks up off the streets. As somebody who understands history, when I see ICE, I see slave patrols. The dangers that we saw in in you know, Nazi Germany are the dangers that we need to react to now. Mass secret ICE agents are snatching and arresting immigrants for coming.
Speaker 7: And kidnapping and disappearing people on the streets of the United States.
Speaker 8: We have ICE, ICE federal agents pulling up terrorizing our communities, hopping out of unmarked vans, stealing and yes, kidnapping people.
Speaker 5: Now that's some crazy inflammatory rhetoric, but is it actually resulting in violence?
Speaker 2: Forty three This is Toddlines, the ICE Director. I've never seen anything like this in my law enforcement career.
Speaker 1: I've never seen threats on law enforcement, specifically ICE increased.
Speaker 2: Way it is.
Speaker 1: You know, we're up over one thousand percent assaults on officers right now, and really just a lot of the talk that's out there, a lot of the rhetoric is just the Violence director towards law enforcement officers just trying to do their job.
Speaker 4: God, can you imagine being an ICE agent? You'd be It's unlikely that every single one of them haven't contemplated leaving their job, right, because how could you go and you'd want to say, you'd want to carry a giant sign everywhere you go saying this is my job, this is what I'm being told to do. Argue with your congressman. Yeah, I don't make policy. They tell me what to do, right, My option is either quit or do this. So Tom Holman, the head guy in forty four and forty five, back to back, Michael telling you talking about the current atmosphere unless.
Speaker 9: A rhetoric stops is not over and it's just it's scary. I'm afraid for the men and win of Ice every night.
Speaker 2: Every night would have been.
Speaker 9: And I pray for the men and win of boort On Ice that they go home safe to their families. They're American patriots, they're forced on the wall, and it's just I've never seen anything like this in my entire career. And that's that's forty one years. You know what you just mentioned. I do have a security detail. I feel bad because every ICE agent don't have a security detail and they're actually out doing this job.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You're right.
Speaker 9: I don't live in my family just because of this threat. But my family understands. They don't want me to stop doing this. I'll tell you something else. The ICE agents are going to continue doing what they're doing, make this country safe again, because President Trump made that promised American people.
Speaker 4: Holman actually doesn't live at home with his family right anymore because there's a threat. And yes, it's the language on both sides needs to calm down both sides.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I just I'm not optimistic short term. I don't know if anything could cause it. I don't know if if the president being assassinated would cause us to stop calling everybody hitler or saying that there won't be another election if the other side wins, and just all this ridiculousness. Had a conversation very recently with some very smart, pretty well informed people who were completely unfamiliar with the devastating power of online donations, small online donations to politics. And we're unfamiliar with the fact that one of the reasons for the superheated rhetoric. It's it's partly just we live in the age of hyperbole, and that's how you break through. But the other part is anger gets more dollars donated than anything else. Anger is the king of the financial end of politics right now, small online donations, and they're not going to give up their most lucrative, you know, way to soak.
Speaker 2: You out of your money.
Speaker 4: No, you look like you fight well, right, and some anger or activism is one hundred percent justified and important, but it's it's if you've never been in this situation, it is it's seductive. Like Joe and I have been on stages before. It's been years now, but we've been on stages before you say some reasonable stuff, people kind of watch and there's this mattering. You say some really charged thing yes, and people just me It gives you a boost of adrenaline. Look at the people cheering me saying makes you want to say crazier things. I mean, it's just it, don't We've been We've been on stage with people who after we do our reasonable oh yeah, act who come on and just chuck handfuls of red meat into the audience. Well, oh my god, it's gobbled up like you're you're chucking t bones to tigers.
Speaker 2: I mean, people love it.
Speaker 4: The best example and this isn't a knock on her, because there's lots of people do it. That attractive blonde woman for Fox Tommy Tommy Laren, We wish we were at some event where we just did our At that event, we're like, just very reasonable. This is what we need to do to make the country better. And it's like, yeah, okay, cool. She came out with their Hitler stuff and uh and man, just people came to their feet on the lips and drinks their tears. Right, yeah, we're back stage like holy crap. And yeah, so that drives a lot of it. Then you you add into that what you were just talking about. The fundraising. Obviously, that sort of enthusiasm that makes people leap to their feet and clap, makes them grab their phone and send a little money your way.
Speaker 2: So a word from our friends at Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: It's a great way to jazz up your football viewing, your baseball viewing.
Speaker 2: You get, oh, big Dumper?
Speaker 4: Is Big Dumper gonna do more or less than the stat projections? You just picked two to six players. What is that nickname gonna hang around?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it will. His teammates gave it to him because he has a bit of a booty.
Speaker 5: I don't particularly think I think his his his dair hair is you know that large?
Speaker 4: Well, I'd be better if they called him big ass. I would like that better than Big Dumper. Neither one's good. But Prize Picks is so much fun. It's so easy, and they have these Prize Picks discounts every week.
Speaker 5: This week there's a special Max discount promotion live on the board right now. Jalen Hurts has been discounted to only needing to go for one passing yard during the Eagles v. Bucks game this Sunday, just add one more player to your lineup and if your picks hit, you can cash in.
Speaker 2: Van del Grande Darrier goes yard again. It's mixing Spanish and French, but I like the spirit of it. Oh my god. Download the app today, Prize Picks app.
Speaker 4: You app use the code Armstrong get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 5: Wait, they're gonna give me fifty bucks in lineups just for playing a five dollars lineup. Holy cat, I'm gonna download the Prize Picks app and use the code Armstrong Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 4: It's a problem with nicknames. Other people give them to you. You know, it doesn't mean you always like it. I tried to give myself, and the last thing you should do is say no, no, no, no, don't call me that, because then please all cementing it. I tried to give myself a nickname when I was like ten. My dad said, you need to earn a nickname. You can't just give yourself a nickname.
Speaker 2: And he was right.
Speaker 4: And since then I've known a few people who tried to get nicknames going for themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a bad look. I'm good with big freedom. I'll with that one.
Speaker 4: Old simple Jack seems to work for me pretty well, and it's accurate.
Speaker 2: In its way, has invantaged you being accurate?
Speaker 5: So the Fed cutting rates finally, and that means your mortgage rate is gonna go up.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, I said, this can't be right. Plus gen Z are they unemployable? Okay, we've got a lot of stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: Well, some business news today Michaels and As that they're putting a Joeanne fabric section into all of their stores.
Speaker 2: You might not care, but for your mom.
Speaker 4: This is like, this is like Taylor Swift doing a duet with Taylor Swift. Do you know what's exactly? I'm going to assume that makes sense to someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a big big deals people like my mom. As craft is a big deal.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, my wife had extensive opinions on the Joe Ann's closing and what it means and.
Speaker 2: What it doesn't mean.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll be Darne and if we ever do a quilting extension show, we'll certainly have her on as our first guest. So I was intrigued by this and reminded of an important economic principle. He Fed last week lowered its benchmark rate for the first time this year, signaled that more cuts could be ahead. President Trump said people can't afford homes because the Fed's rates are too high. But the central Bank doesn't set mortgage rates. And more importantly, you might have to wait for relief from higher rates for a while because the recent cut. What the recent cuts mean for savings accounts, for credit cards and carl isn't clear cut.
Speaker 2: And here's why we talked to rates aren't.
Speaker 4: When this news broke last week, when you were gone, I said, I, you know, how this plays out for your credit card or your mortgage rate remains to be seen. I can't imagine it making a heck of a lot of different short term. But then yesterday we had the news that jumping mortgages by twenty percent since the interest rate dropped. I don't even I don't even see how that's possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen those homeless sales. I guess home sales, right.
Speaker 5: I still say that's a twenty percent rise from a historically paltry number, But I can't swear to that. I'd be interested to see the actual figures. But so here's here's the story. Mortgage rates are not set by the Fed. They have a relationship to it kind of. But the average rate has drifted down to six and a quarter ish, the lowest in nearly a year.
Speaker 4: But it's not expected. It's incredibly high. That's what we've all got to get over. That is historically a great rate, but it sounds awful based on what we got used to, right and again I say that whole you know, post crash followed by COVID artificially low interest rates period, that was your honeymoon. You got used to that much lovin'. It's not gonna continue. Those rates were for a glorious week of your life, whether in the Bahamas or the Poconos or wherever you were.
Speaker 2: It's not going to happen again anyway.
Speaker 5: It's expected by everybody in charge of the sort of thing that is probably going to stick around six to seven percent. The deal is the Feds move targets short term interest rates. Mortgage rates, on the other hand, tend to move with the yields on long term tenure treasuries, and those yields rise and fall based on expectations for the economy. So if the FED cuts rates, but there are ominous storm clouds on the horizon, the long term rates are likely to stay high because you got to pay fairly high rates to be to get them to want to buy your increasingly crappy government debts. And I'm tempted to go into a bit of a riff on France and their financial problems, but nobody wants to hear that, including the French.
Speaker 4: But holy crap, do they have financial problems. Oh and they're finally admitting, admitting that they pushed immigration hard because they desperately needed it to shore up their social security type systems, their social safety net systems, socialism.
Speaker 2: And sure they needed workers, younger workers, they needed young people. They just needed population.
Speaker 5: They needed young workers to support their aging socialistic population.
Speaker 4: And they don't have kids. It's like Mark Stein wrote, in America alone, Italy, France, places like that. They'll still be in a map with those names, but they'll be completely different countries in a couple generations.
Speaker 5: Well right, and they're waking up and realizing it that not only in Britain is my favorite case of this.
Speaker 2: Not only has.
Speaker 5: Importing an enormous number of people who despise your culture, despise your way of life, spit on your history.
Speaker 2: Couldn't give a damn about your traditions.
Speaker 5: Not only is that incredibly off putting in disruptive, but the promise that that rampant immigration would bring back to good times and prop up our welfare state and.
Speaker 4: The economy would raw ahead. Those promises were false too. It didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you bring in a whole bunch of people from different countries, eventually nobody's going to care about King Henry the fifth or Shakespeare or any of that sort of stuff. That's not their heritage, right, and you will be divorced from your history and you will not be what you are anymore. And you absolutely have a right to not want that, and don't let anybody tell you different. It just came across a really, really good think piece. Maybe I'll try to digest it and edit it for you, but it's a restatement of the fact that the Constitution has no hope of enduring unless it is.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say cherished.
Speaker 4: That that's not a bad word really, unless we love it, unless we understand its value, unless we value it. The Constitution doesn't have a chance. Guns and judges won't save it. It's the sentiment in the heart of the American people that protect it. And if we import zillions of people who couldn't give a crap and would much rather have Sharia law, or they don't care, or they're kind of used to cartels being in charge, and so that the whole Constitution thing.
Speaker 5: People worship the Constitution like it's a religion. Why don't you calm down.
Speaker 2: I mean, we will lose it.
Speaker 5: And it's not just immigration, by the way, if our young people are not brought up to understand the value of it, that's another facet of this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this story resonates with anybody who's no a cable news junkie, but James call me. The former FBI director might get charged today with a number of things. That's going to be your big you know that world soap opera for the next however, many days, not sure how much call anywhere. No, I'm not sure how much time we'll spend on it. We got a lot of things to talk about coming up, though, I hope you can stick herround. Is gen Z unemployable?
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty?
Speaker 10: What I kept hearing from everybody on this team was we got more work to do, And it seems like this team was just even more focused tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, uh, you know, I think most people hear I said last night, you know, might as well went.
Speaker 10: The whole thing, all right, Larnt cut to you, naughty, naughty cal naughty cow.
Speaker 2: That's two nights in a row, two nights in a row.
Speaker 4: Or the Big Dumper, the catcher for the Seattle Mariners, interviewed after the game in Seattle and they're in the playoffs, and he says, let's win the whole effing thing, and the crowd goes wild. So that's clearly if they get on a roll, gonna be there T shirts, hat. Every baseball team when they get on a roll has got some sort of like thing their hats, their beards, they're sayings their T shirts, the rally thong or cowboy up for the Red Sox back in the day, or whatever it is. Their thing is gonna be let's win the whole effing thing. I guarantee you they're gonna be shirts. Don't appreciate this.
Speaker 5: I don't appreciate the sailor talk, but I do love Cal Raley America's.
Speaker 4: Latest or you know, the one of the very few legit sixty Homer club members.
Speaker 5: The fact that he's a catcher is amazing because that's a grueling position. If he's a likable dufus.
Speaker 4: If if I were more of an entrepreneur, I would copyright that. If he hasn't already, let's win the whole effing thing. I'd have T shirts and hats. You can get away with selling unlicensed stuff because that's gonna be a hot thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Here's a story I have, I have no interest in and don't plan to talk about, but it's one of the big Now that's a leading it's one of the big stories for people who are really really into politics and watch cable news, and so here here it is.
Speaker 8: We're told a grand jury in Virginia's looking at evidence relating to allegations that former FBI Director James Comy may have lied to Congress on September thirtieth, twenty twenty. That data is very specific because the statute of limitations for lying before Congress is typically five years. Next Tuesday marks exactly five years since his remote testimony. He was in Virginia at the time. It was during the throes of COVID. It's unclear if a grand jury will vote to indict Comy. The grand jury has the option to say yes or no to an indictment. To be clear, as we speak, he's not been indicted and he's not facing charges at this moment. This is all up to a grand jury.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people are expecting that news today. I had never thought about this until the National Review is writing about it. But for a lot of these things that you're angry about are various bad actors or whatever. We have a nun on court way to deal with these things. It's called the election Donald Trump won. That was the penalty for James Comy and a lot of those intelligence people who wrote the letter and all kinds of everything, the attempt to throw Trump and jail over the things that were made up. The penalty doesn't need to be them going to jail. The penalty or the prize is you won. Pursue it politically, not judicially. And obviously sometimes there buts heaved out of power. Sometimes you need things to be punished in the justice system to make sure they don't happen again or whatever. But in general, yeah, you win. The elections. That's the way to get people to stop doing bad things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tell you what, though, James Cally a conniving fiend who engaged in all sorts of skullduggery, I mean, really did damage to the American people, But whether it.
Speaker 2: Certainly did damage the FBI.
Speaker 4: Although Mark Alpern writes the Democrats in general hate call me, the media for some reason seems to like him because he says bad things about Trump, but police shows most Democrats blame him for Hillary losing, which you can because he is responsible for part of it. Yeah, he's all kinds of a weirdo.
Speaker 2: Yes, speaking of topics, Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go, Hill, speaking of things we normally don't talk about, even as cable news drones on and on about them.
Speaker 4: The government shut down. Oh, good lord, prospect of a government shut out.
Speaker 5: I'm more interested in it than I've been for a long time. Because of this headline.
Speaker 4: White House to pursue mass firings if government shuts down. The Office of Management Budget says, oh yeah, okay, you're gonna cut off the flow of money. Yeah, we'll just fire a bunch of people because we have to, because we have no money coming in and that is expected to put enormous pressure on Democrats to either not do it at all, or, if they shut it down, to come around quickly.
Speaker 2: It is a ballsy move.
Speaker 5: But who anti move well, that's another question that I refuse to consider.
Speaker 2: Don't expect me to get involved. Who will the media try to blame? That's an easy one. You want to hear my favorite story of the day. Let me do this real quick, just because it kind of fits in with the shutdown thing.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised by this. In USA today front page staff cuts at national parks had little apparent impact. Their front page store in the USA Today Today is about how doge cut your national parks all across the country? And there were worries that the cuts would lead to messy parks and dirty bathrooms and closed trails.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't appear.
Speaker 4: That it did any harm whatsoever by getting rid of a whole bunch of government employees. Despite widespread fears of a system wide collapse by some public activists and advocates, America's national parks appear to have weathered the bulk of the cuts. More than twenty five percent of staff jobs cut with no problem. That story does not get told about government shutdowns or doze or anything like that.
Speaker 2: How often things move along just fine? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard thirty times that we need some of those people back at Social Security, and we're getting them back. By the way, a lot of guys are being rehired, or people, I should say, likewise, the IRS, I mean the taxpayers. Not all IRS employees are evil vampires flying through the night, coming to suck your blood as you sleep. They're there to answer the phone and answer your completely unanswerable questions about our bizarrely complex tax code.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Think they're flying vampires. Well, certainly there are plenty within their ranks. Yes, but you know you got to do it in a smart way. But yeah, can we reduce the side of the size of the federal government?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yes we can. All right, here's my favorite story of the day.
Speaker 5: I love this story so much I hate to even do it because it's been so much fun anticipating doing it. Things have gone badly jack with Greta Tuneberg's Palestinian flotilla.
Speaker 2: Another setback.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, We've we stole her childhood, now we're stealing her twenties. How old is Gretitune Berk.
Speaker 10: You have stolen my dreams, my childhood with your empty words.
Speaker 4: Now we're sorry, Now we're not bad. Now we're stealing her early adulthood.
Speaker 2: Right, right, this is all wrong? Might be right, I would agree.
Speaker 4: So the belieguered Global Samud flotilla, which aimed to bypass Israel's blockade to deliver aid to Gaza in an idiotic showy self aggrandizing not enough food to feed three people for two days act? Was it there underway?
Speaker 5: Because it's it's the what do they call it, the permanent omni caause she's off the climate change and onto the Palestinians now for some reason anyway, But when self described queer activist say if A Yadi joined the effort, Kaled Bouja Mamma Mamma, a Tunisian coordinator for the flotilla, resigned in anger. Quote, we were lied to about the identity of some of the participants at the forefront of the flotilla. I accuse the organizers of hiding this from us. Another Tunisian activist accused the flotilla of involving suspicious activists. Palestini is the issue of Muslims first, and foremost and cannot be separated from its spiritual and religious dimension. So why do you involve suspicious activists in it who serve other agendas that do not concern us, have no relation to Gaza, such as homo sexuals.
Speaker 4: No, I'd like to get into some of these meetings, the permacause meetings where you talk about climate change and trans rites and ice and the Palestinians and.
Speaker 2: Big pharma.
Speaker 4: Just you know, black lives mattering exactly exactly, So there's more these.
Speaker 2: One of these couple of Tunisians goes on.
Speaker 4: Why do you divide people over the greatest issue that unites and gathers them? Which is true, the phony mostly phony Palestinian issue really does galvanized people. But what can we expect from a Muslim Araboos season. Here's the slogans of the queer movement in a flotilla in the name of its most sacred cause, and which is thus desecrated. A different activist echoed those sentiments. Being a queer activist means that you are violating society values and are putting me, my children, and my relatives in a situation we reject. I rejected my son be told in kindergarten, that he is neither a boy nor a girl, and that he grows up you decide, I will not forgive anyone who puts this in this predicament.
Speaker 2: But oh, Greta, be careful.
Speaker 5: Angry Muslims saying they will never forgive you is that's not good?
Speaker 2: No? Um, yeah, I hope you know. I hope she stays Okay.
Speaker 4: The problem, it sounds to me like, is they haven't caught on to the fact that queer has a new meaning now as of like the last five minutes. That it doesn't mean gay anymore. It means anything that's anti what we've been doing.
Speaker 2: Partly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it absolutely means gay and bisexual and transgender and being a furry and or just I'm.
Speaker 2: Fighting against a man, I'm queer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a ridiculous term. It's about as useful as fascist as at this point. But somebody finally on the Muslim side of things said, wait a minute, queer's for Palestine?
Speaker 2: What fury he threw furries in there? Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 5: That shooter guy, the idiot who murdered Charlie Kirk was a free or furry adjacent a transgender confused poor misfit boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who got kicked out of his parents' home because they're devout Mormons.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a rough one.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, really rough, really rough. Anyway, Uh more on that to come.
Speaker 5: Uh probably, But I wish, I certainly wish the Queers for Palestine and the Furries for.
Speaker 2: Allah and everybody else.
Speaker 4: I hope you can get together and have a quiet meeting there and break bread with a little Greta and solve your differences.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school. Yeah, I finally agree with you, dear.
Speaker 4: I have some breaking news that's kind of interesting after this. I've got some breaking in news.
Speaker 2: Jack. Huh see what I did there?
Speaker 4: Simply say if home security is proactive unlike the old systems, Here's how simply safe uses smart AI power cameras to identify threats lurking outside your.
Speaker 2: Home market and the immediate lurkers.
Speaker 4: They immediately alert simply Safe's professional monitoring agents, and those agents can intervene in real time before the break in with two way audio to confront the lurker, trigger sirens and spotlights, called the cops excuse me, and stopping the intruder while they're still outside. Yeah, so instead of catching the person when they're in your home, they catch them before they get in your home, which seems like a really good idea. Join more than four million Americans who trust simply Safe with their home security every day, including me, and with a sixty day money back guarantee in no long term contracts.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you try it?
Speaker 5: Yep, visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system because you used our code. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 4: So this just came across. Nobody knows what it means. Pete Hagzeth, the Secretary of Defense, orders a rare urgent. Urgent is the word urgent meeting of hundreds of generals and admirals without a stated reason, sewing alarm. So Pete Hegseeth has said basically all hands on deck today.
Speaker 2: And nobody knows exactly why.
Speaker 4: Wow, a day after Trump says Ukraine should get their land back.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's tied into that at all. Have no idea.
Speaker 5: Jerry's still out on Pete. A lot of good coming out of his leadership, some chaos, some resistance, of course, can do a lot of pull ups. Anybody who changes the status quo is going to get resistance.
Speaker 2: Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Junior. I think he is not long for his post, not long at all. Oh really, yeah, I will explain later. I'll probably offend an annoy some people, but that's okay. We could still be friends. Let me know why you think we or I am wrong. You can always drop his nope mail bag at Armstrong and Geddy dot com or text four one five two nine five k FTC. Dissent is fine. It's what makes a republic like ours run.
Speaker 4: You know what I chat gpt'd last night before dinner because I didn't know. I didn't know which meat you using meat sauce for spaghetti and meat sauce. I assumed it was pork my whole life.
Speaker 2: But it's not. It's Hamburger almost always, oh I.
Speaker 4: According to according to all meree sauce is a little vague.
Speaker 2: Okay, Katie william You're you're adorable jacket.
Speaker 4: I asked chat gpt Grock and Gemini and they all said, it's almost always Amberger for your Spaghettian meat sauce. No, no, no, what do you say, Katie, I've always I've always used beef. Joseph's pork. Okay, well no, no, not necessarily.
Speaker 5: Again is the sole staff member who was born and raised for almost three years in Italy. If you're talking to an Italian making sauce, it's often pork and veal. It can, it can be beef, But hamburger meat.
Speaker 2: You look down on that.
Speaker 4: It's it's fine, working class italian Ish sauce, which is what I want. As grandma labor labors in the kitchen with the ants and the daughters for six hours in Brooklyn, I say, no, Joe's looking down. I'm just wondering the difference between beef and hamburger meat.
Speaker 5: Well, hamburger meat. All hamburger meat is beef, Not all beef is hamburger meat.
Speaker 2: Either way, the cow ends. I'm dead. This is really broken down. Okay, we've got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 11: According to a new survey, thirteen percent of homeowners said that their first DIY project was mounting a TV, and their second was fixed the dent, the TV left, and.
Speaker 2: The that's a pretty funny joke.
Speaker 5: I was just researching, like great authentic Italian bolonnaise.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Recipes online definitely calls for ground beef for bolonaise sauce.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 4: There's so many styles of quote unquote meat sauce. That's that's the problem. But I've been using pork my whole life. Just for some reason, I assumed that you were supposed to. I always use Italian sausage. And then as at the grocery store, they are out of sausage, and I thought, I wonder if I can use amburger, then gpted it and found out that's what you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Use, you idiot.
Speaker 4: So okay, anyway, doesn't I and I thought it was just delicious. This is Trump's America. By the way, no sausage in the grocery store. So just a quick follow up on the Jimmy Kimmel thing. So one of my favorite tweeters tweeted this out yesterday. See if you agree. Here's what happened to sum up the Jimmy Kimmel thing. One croc crocodile tears for himself because he's the real victim. Too, didn't concede he was wrong. Three didn't apologize, so the ratings are out, he had about six million people tune in, which is about six times his normal ratings, which is not surprising to me at all. I don't whether or not many of those people hang around in his ratings get a permanent boost or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would tend to think not, but uh, I for some reason ended up watching the original Monday Night monologue. I'm sorry, I just can't buy the whole I never suggested that the death of a young man, anybody that could think that I would take lightly the death of it.
Speaker 2: I went back and watched your Monday Night.
Speaker 4: It was like hours after the murder happened, and you had a completely flip an attitude or the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, you.
Speaker 4: Didn't seem broken, utterly uncaring, completely snarky and uncaring, with your only goal to blame Republicans for it. So I just find it hard to believe that now, a couple of weeks later, you're this busted up by the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: Right, as I tried to make clear yesterday, I think he is a terrible person in certain ways.
Speaker 2: He's been so perverted by his politics.
Speaker 4: He's lost his soul and the government shouldn't be in the censorship business. But also I'll stand up for this people who regularly say and he's not funny. I think he's hilarious when he's not talking about politics. You don't have to claim that all these people aren't funny and you don't like their politics.
Speaker 2: He was doing a bit last night.
Speaker 4: I happened to see of all the texts and emails that a lot of the people on his staff got from family members and friends.
Speaker 2: It was freaking funny. I mean, it was very, very funny.
Speaker 4: But I also think he's an insufferable smug a hole when it comes to his politics thing.
Speaker 5: I wish we had time to go through this list of all of the times prominent Democrats called for direct government censorship of media and free speech that now they're beating their chests and bellowing about for Jimmy Kimmel. We will get to that list. It is shocking and worth remembering.
Speaker 4: Why is heg Zeth calling all those generals for an all hands on deck meeting all of a sudden at the Pentagon. Let's go to square next hour. I will pay off. Is gen z unemployable?
Speaker 2: I think yes? Damn near Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty