Speaker 1: Hey, the whole tis amy and today here and we wanted to wish you a very happy Fourth of July. Might have heard it's big two hundred and fiftieth this year, where it's kind of a big birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is probably the biggest Fourth of July will ever celebrate, and we're going to get to do it together. We have big plans. We're gonna just be looking at our window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our big plans are to stay home and do nothing. We're actually doing something that's very cool this year. The Parade of Ships. This year the Fleet Week they moved up. We get to look out our window and watch all these beautiful ships go by members of the military and honor them and then ropes. There's a fireworks displayed that's going to happen, and we might have the best view in the city.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. We just so happened to have a view of the Statue of Liberty and the Hudson. We feel very lucky. So we will have front row seats to apparently what's going to be one of the biggest fireworks displays ever on the Fourth of July. We were going to have a bunch of people over, but then we were told that my daughter is having a competing party. So we'll see how many we end up with and how many she ends up with.
Speaker 1: Gotta be honest with you, I was happy to hear that those all those folks were at a competing party.
Speaker 2: When you say folks, you mean like rowdy early twenty somethings.
Speaker 1: Well, you know people that eat you out of and drink you out of house.
Speaker 2: I eat you, drink you.
Speaker 3: Out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those folks. So we got lucky. So our big plan is boils down to this.
Speaker 2: We're staying home, yes, popcorn and champagne and sitting on the couch watching the fireworks right outside our window.
Speaker 1: And some people might be doing it in all kinds of different ways out at cookouts, family gathering something we both kind of grew up with, and a lot of people might be in DC as well. But wherever you might be, we certainly wish you ate very happy and a very safe birthday party for the US.
Speaker 2: Yes, Happy two hundred and fiftieth America.
Speaker 4: Hey, iHeartRadio. Happy fourth of July. It's Kelly ben Simone.
Speaker 3: Hi, Kelly, It's producer Heather here High producer Heather Happy.
Speaker 5: Fourth of July.
Speaker 6: Happy Fourth of July.
Speaker 5: What are you getting up to this Fourth of July?
Speaker 4: Well, this fourth of July is a very very big at fourth of July because we're celebrating the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country. So Happy Birthday America. I'm just so excited to be with my friends and family and drink a lot of beer and just enjoy my kids. Sweatshirts, bonfires, jean shorts. That's going to be my celebration.
Speaker 5: Are you guys in the Hamptons this time of year?
Speaker 7: We are going to be in the Hamptons.
Speaker 6: Yes, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be in an area where, you know, where my kids grew up, and just something that's really like reflective of like who we are as a fan family celebrating this beautiful birthday.
Speaker 5: What's kind of your favorite Fourth of July tradition?
Speaker 4: I love fireworks My one of my favorite traditions. I love fireworks. My oldest daughter used to call them fireworkings, and I just always call them fireworkings because of that.
Speaker 6: And I just.
Speaker 4: Really love just family and friends together just because you were celebrating this great holiday weekend and it's like it's really one of those holidays where people don't really fight. No one's fighting about the cooking, no one's fighting about family. It's just people are just like, hey, happy Fourth.
Speaker 7: I'm like, yeah, you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a very it's a very easy, breezy holiday.
Speaker 5: It's very me it is. You've got a cute little dog, Tarzan does. Tarzan like the fireworks.
Speaker 4: Tarzan does not like the fireworks, but he definitely likes the hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Speaking of hot dogs, what's your favorite Fourth of July food?
Speaker 4: I'm a big chicken nugget kind of person.
Speaker 2: So chicken nuggets, I know, I love.
Speaker 7: Kids chicken nuggets. I'm like, I'll take some of those.
Speaker 4: Anything I'm not allowed to have, that's what I want. I don't want steak, I don't want your hot dogs. I want like kid's chicken nugget, any kid's food.
Speaker 5: You know what I think is a quintessential Fourth of July food?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 3: Potato salad? I love potato salad. Why do we only eat potato salad in the summertime? We should be eating potato salad in the wintertime.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: It is definite vibe.
Speaker 4: So is corn of the cob.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm quite a big chicken nugget person.
Speaker 5: I learned something new about you all the time. Chicken.
Speaker 6: Have you met me?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, I'm literally like, elf, I'm this child in this adult's body.
Speaker 3: So you're hanging out with the fam this fourth July. I love that you're in the Hampton's. It's gorgeous, it's easy, breezy. Just speaking hypothetically, would you ever have a first date on the fourth of July?
Speaker 4: Would I bring a guy to a Fourth of July party and it was our first date?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would you ever do that?
Speaker 4: I mean if I kind of like saw him at the hardware store and I'm like, you're hot, Like, okay, why not? I mean my kids, My kids would be like mom, I'd be like, girls, who care? Is our older I met? I met a cowboy at home depot. Why can't I bring some guy that met the hardware store to Fourth July party?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Would you be scouting this Fourth of July? Are you looking? Where are you right now in the dating landscape?
Speaker 8: You mean?
Speaker 4: Am I going to hardware stores all across No?
Speaker 3: But like listen, fourth of July a lot of people parties hanging out at the beach, like, are you looking?
Speaker 5: Are you talking to somebody already?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: We haven't gotten an update on your dating status in a minute, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the update on my dating. I am now open to really dating. I just finished filming a new show and i just feel really good about my life and I'm just very relaxed and I am open to you know, meeting you know, just different kinds of people. I always had this thing in my head, Heather. Before it was like when I got divorced. Originally I was like, I want to get married now when I have more kids. Like I was like marriage and kids, marriaging kids. And then I was like, Okay, maybe I should get married. And then I'm like that after all of that, now I'm just like, I just want to enjoy my life. And I feel like because I'm open to that kind of those feelings, I've you know, I've been meeting some really nice people, really really nice people, nice gentlemen. But I am open to a guy from a hardware store.
Speaker 5: I love it. Happy Hunting this fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Happy Hunting, have a wonderful holiday and.
Speaker 5: Have a happy fourth Kelly.
Speaker 6: Thanks Heather, you too, happy.
Speaker 7: For Hey guys.
Speaker 9: Happy Fourth of July at Cheryl Burke from I Do Part Two And I Am gonna just be relaxing with my dog. My parents are coming in from out of town to visit me, and we're gonna watch a bunch of fireworks and eat lots of barbecue because you know, this is my car blowed up day, so we just eat whatever we want and then regret it the next day.
Speaker 6: So obviously I'm a dog mom.
Speaker 9: And my dog actually doesn't even flinch when it comes to fireworks, which kind of scares me. I had to get her hearing check, but she's really chill. She'll just eat the crumbs from our barbecue that we're gonna most likely have, and she will just she said, happy dog.
Speaker 7: She's a happy but spoiled dog. So she will need walks. We'll do like two long walks. Then we're gonna hit the streets and go to the movie theater.
Speaker 9: So other things that I'm excited for this Fourth of July is just to really spend time with my family. My stepdad, he loves watching anything to do with like aliens or murder, so we're either going to watch a bunch of documentaries on Netflix at my house, or we're going to go to the movie theater, which I haven't been to a movie theater since before COVID.
Speaker 7: I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 5: And we're going to watch Disclosure.
Speaker 9: I think it's a Steven Spielberg movie about how there are aliens currently on this planet Earth.
Speaker 7: So that'suld be interesting. So happy for.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's Kathy and Joan and we're here talking about the fourth of July.
Speaker 6: What are you up to, Joan for this fourth?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, you know I live in DC, so we have a huge celebration going on. We bought tickets. We're going down to the National Mall. There. There are tons of activities, but I'll tell you like my favorite, other than the fireworks, which I love fire works, I think everybody does. They're doing a big flyover, so there's gonna be f sixteens and like all the new aircraft, the Blue Angels are coming so that's gonna go on all day. So we're going down early and bringing my two grandsons, my daughter and her husband. It's their kids. The five of us are going. I'm gonna be the fifth wheel, but I'm okay with that because they're gonna need help for those little babies and yeah, we're going down the mall, National Mall, DC. Here a come, how about you?
Speaker 6: Well, this is a big one. It's two hundred and fifty years. I think.
Speaker 10: My favorite thing this year, I of course always go and watch the fireworks. I go on like Austin with friends and they shoot them off and it's beautiful over the water.
Speaker 6: But you know what I love the most about Fourth of July.
Speaker 10: It's it's the one day where everyone's patriotic. It's Americana. Everybody's red, white and blue. Everyone has the parade, small town parades, hamburgers, hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Family.
Speaker 10: To me, it's just it's it's you know they say Chris miss in July. It's that. To me, It's so much about family and friends and just spending time together.
Speaker 8: And it makes you so proud. I'm just so proud of our nation if you think about how it evolved and how where it all started, and those super wise men who wrote that constitution, that we still live by those words and they keep us, you know, on the straight and arrow.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 8: I'm so proud of our country. I'm so proud to say that I'm American always and.
Speaker 10: And yet We're only two hundred and fifty years old, and when you look at countries in Europe, we've come a long way.
Speaker 6: Baby, we have come. Okay, what is your favorite thing to eat down on the fourth of July?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: God, Like, it's such an American holiday. It's American like burgers and hotdogs and apple pie and watermelon. And you know somebody will make one of those big sheet cakes that looks like the flag with the strawberries and wipperies.
Speaker 6: I have to have it.
Speaker 8: That's just part of the day.
Speaker 10: Okay, I gotta tell you everything. I'm with you one hundred percent. Hams have you gotta have the potato chips and the dyl ralish. You have to have that apple pie ice cream. The one thing I got it. You're gonna laugh. Do you know the one thing I never eat and clothing I never eat on the fourth of July is watermelon. Don't like it?
Speaker 8: You don't like watermelon. I'm obsessed with watermelon.
Speaker 6: No, everyone is. In fact, I have.
Speaker 8: I just looked at an Instagram post about how to pick a good watermelon, and I like studied it. I'm like, because you know, when you get home, you have a new watermelon. You cut it open and it's bad. It's so mad. So now I think I know how to pick out the perfect watermelon. DM me. If you want to know, I have the whole I have the whole Instagram thing. So I'm a huge watermelon person.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, the only thing I like about watermelons is when you throw me to a pool and they're greased and you have to score a goal.
Speaker 8: You know, I know, it's hilarious. I used to lifeguard and I did that one time and one of the kids almost dround. I had to jump in and save them. So we don't do that anymore.
Speaker 10: Okay, so let's so eat the watermelon, do not drive on the pool. Okay, Joe, I know you're with Chop, but would you ever ever have had a date, And you can ask me the same question on the fourth of July?
Speaker 6: Would you ever do a first date on the fourth of July.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't. It's such a fun it would be such a fun date. I mean it's kind of like ironic. It's Independence Day, and yeah, maybe seeking not being independent, But other than that irony, I think it's like there's so much to do and and like it's kind of like a no pressure date. You already know where it's going to end up. Oh, fire works, until you know ten o'clock at night, and then you're both gonna be tired and you're gonna go okay, So about you.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I can see both sides of the same, you know, fifty cent piece, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: On the one hand, yes, why wouldn't you want to go on a date? Why wouldn't I want to go on a first date on the fourth of July?
Speaker 10: Here's the problem for me, Mostly it's with family and can you imagine going on a first date and rolling them in with my kids, my grandkids. So I couldn't do a first date because I spent it with my kids.
Speaker 6: So I would not do a first date. But I agree with you.
Speaker 10: It's a great idea because so much is going on, you don't feel the pressure of having to, you know, get into serious conversation. You could just have fun, but not around my kids, not my grand kids, not a first day.
Speaker 8: Totally agree with you. I think at this point in my life I feel the same way that I would never do a first date. And you know exactly that you couldn't do it in front of your family, but what a great one when we were younger would have been. I don't think I ever did one. Did you ever do one? I think I ever went on a first July?
Speaker 10: Well, well, remember I was married forever. So no, I never did have a first date on the fourth of July.
Speaker 6: But I do.
Speaker 10: I'm so looking forward to this one because I really do feel like it's going to be an amazing celebration of our countries.
Speaker 8: I remember, I bet you do too.
Speaker 6: Nineteen, I sure do.
Speaker 8: Two hundred and I were, you know, announcing our age the world that we're old enough to remember that. I was, you know, I was thirteen, and I remember it perfectly. I remember going to a prey down in DC with my parents and staying and watching the fireworks.
Speaker 10: I also went to the fireworks, but I'm from Boston, and you know they have the tall ships and they did.
Speaker 6: The thing going through the harbor.
Speaker 10: Its just again, I just have to run this out by saying that fourth of July is the time when not only can you be patriotic, it feels great to be patriotic on the fourth of July.
Speaker 8: I agree, We're all proud. No matter where we stand with the politics, we're all proud to be Americans.
Speaker 6: Get out your red, white, and blue. Get ready for the day.
Speaker 8: I have male get already ready. Enjoy your fourth I'm sorry, I'm not going to be we can't be together.
Speaker 10: Well we will, but we'll see each other soon. Happy fourth jown to you and your family.
Speaker 8: You too, Bye, sweetie.
Speaker 7: It