Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Good daddy, it's a queen spank bank Rock. Welcome back. This is good mom's bad choices. I'm Erica, I'm Mela, Happy Wednesday. It is Wednesday. We were actually recording on a Wednesday. We're both fucking sick. Shela fuck got me sick, and it's my fault because I continued to smoke after her and drink out of her waters. Why did you do that? I don't know, because I was like, I'm fine, I'm taking vitamin yeah, so forgive me if I'm disgusting coughing into the microphone.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try my best. But look, we've been doing this year. This is my only time I've ever been sick.
Speaker 1: So sorry, I know I have well. I feel like I'm sick all the time you were sick, like once or time. I'm always like on the verge of sickness and then I sometimes I'll recover, and then sometimes it goes deep and bad.
Speaker 2: I like am never sick except like one time a year, and it's bad and I am so sick. I'm having like strange dreams, I have a headache, I'm hacking coughing. It's mostly because I try to ignore my sickness, like keep going, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, I know, bit, you were out with me last night and I was like, aren't you sick? Yeah, And finally I was like, I gotta go home. Yeah. Speaking of our week, I feel like we've been NonStop all week. Like if anyone's thinking of starting a podcast, rethink it. Literally, this is It's a lot of work. Okay, We're trying, and I know it seems like all we do is post on Instagram. We have a lot of things we're trying to do behind the scenes, and it's just a fucking goal struggle les drug goal le struggle Israel. Okay, I'm gonna need you to try to say I'm trying. I'm actually trying. Sorry. We were actually supposed to go on one of our other podcast today, but we had to cancel because nobody else wants us to hack on their podcasts. Shout out to the Dualities podcast. We'll be on there with our Woman soon with our carbon our woman.
Speaker 2: I'm about to drink some of this fat Donald's xxx Caneleen sixteen do not exceed ten ounces per twelve hours. Still friends, our good friend King Noir, who is previously a.
Speaker 1: Guest on our podcast.
Speaker 2: If you have not heard that episode it's Porn and Parenting. Him and his girl, Jazzmin are on talking porn and parenting.
Speaker 1: They have three kids, and they're sex workers. That's what they That's what they're called. Okay, you don't like that, No, porn star is better for you. Oh no, it sounds more glamorous. Sex workers sounds that's what they That's what they have said on their Instagram. Oh okay, well, I don't know whatever. They have sex and they work. They're working sex people. Okay, that's true, right, Yeah, it's true. Sex worker make you think like prostitution, Yeah, same thing sort of anyway. Yeah, I mean it does, it does.
Speaker 2: That's why whatever I mean if they I don't know the term of fucking knowlogy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess they're sex workers. They're in the porn industry. They're also parents. She's also a therapist. They're also cool. They're also the coolest, smart as fuck, smart as fuck for sure, and they go around teaching sex positive parenting and kink. So, speaking of them, King was out here this last week and we hung out and we went to see a jazz show. That was dope.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, come by, I have this thing I want to give you from Fat Donald's. And I went to meet him at the Sanctuary LA and he was mid porn scene, which was very interesting and I'm highly jealous. I've never walked in a porn scene.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure most people haven't. Actually, I got there and I was like, oh, okay, and he's like, oh, you know, you know, we're running little late, but do you mind doing the behind the scenes. So not only did I get to walk in on the porn scene, I got to film some behind the scenes. So basically I'm like behind the scenes. Basically, you're a porn director. I'm a porn director, except I didn't do any directing. I was just getting this. They didn't need an er, they.
Speaker 2: Didn't need any director. They knew what they were doing. They are professionals. At first I was like okay, and then I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. It was cool. It was nice. The sanctuary is really cool. There's a lot of cool equipment there. And shout out to Lotus Lane who was his co star, and it was really cool. They're doing lots of scenes, so lots of skirting squirting on the Jordans, lots of long dick. Yeah, live long dick. Like if you haven't yet, if you are, just are you, if you're new to the podcast, or maybe you listen to our last are not last episode, but our episode with King Norn and Jet Setting Jasmine, I highly recommend you go and search search them, search their porns. They're on top of quality. Because they are top quality, they do a lot of stuff that you won't see on like your typical porn hub or your red Tube or your xx X tube. And it's more porn. You porn, yeah, good old you porn. You see more like of course you see the raunch, you see the kink. We also see the black love, which you know, when they were on our show, we talked about you don't really see a lot of that black love, intimacy, real intimacy, so or love black kink. They were saying, that's like not a big thing in the industry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, one of the conditions of him gifting us this fat Donald's canileen is that we need to drink it during a podcast and do the whole podcast on the canileen.
Speaker 1: So I'm about to take a sip okay. Hmmm, vegimond and visionmin It's delicious. Do you remember that episode? Is it delicious? It's not bad. I have to go be a parent at some point today. Hmmm, it's very heavily thh seed, very strong. You know I'm not good with ingesting marijuana. Oh my god, Erica teld me she goes blind. She said, I can't eat marijuana. I go blind and I developed a stigmatism. It's like what I do. I like, my whole vision gets fucked up. Everything starts shaking, and I have no control over my vision. So I can't drive. I can't basically can't walk. Maybe we shouldn't appeared that with they quilled. Oh yeah, and coldies and all the cold medicine we've taken today. Well, we'll see what happens. Fuck it, No, we did. We did say we wanted to start doing episodes under the influence of This is our first step of a series to today's our Ingesting Candeleen series, and we're gonna see how this plays out. Later.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do one. Maybe we're gonna do one drunk. We're gonna take some shots during the podcast. You guys can join us.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do one Mushrooms Mushrooms, and I don't know whatever else we can get our hands on these.
Speaker 2: Companies, mushrooms or others. We are looking to do some podcasts under the influence. Here's to see how it affects our psyche.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe we'll dig out some deep dark gems. You know, I get into my feelings under the influence. You know what, though, I really truly believe for those of you who don't indulge in cannabis, like in certain religions, it's it's thought to open up your third eye. And I'm really I really believe that shit because.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there's been times I see ship that I see before I start stop liking people, I start liking people, I'm like, this person's fake because that shit is taking you to like god.
Speaker 1: Level, and you see ship for what it is. So yeah, So that's Tremila's advocacy of marijuana. Last piel spiel. Anyway, this week in the news, there's been a lot of stuff going on. But first the Grammys, the first most import Grammys. Me and Jamila halfway watched the Grammys while we were cooking slash. I don't know what the fuck were doing working, working, uh, watching our kids working, cooking, eating. Yeah. I don't really give a fuck about the Grammys, but I just like to see the performances, Like I told you me, like just grap I'm in the kitchen cooking, tell me when something good is happening.
Speaker 2: I like to sometimes see the fashions and the fashions. Yeah, it's always very white to me.
Speaker 1: It's always. First of all, let me say, Alicia Keys was the host, So yeah, which was she was? I thought she was cool. She was cool, I was. I'm just so disappointed that my other woman didn't win. Georgia Smith. I like her too. I have both their albums, but I just really really thought Georgia was gonna win. I really loved Georgia Smith, but I think her for me is more I could Georgia like, I can only listen sometimes really she's like, yeah, it's like a lot depressing. Maybe I like depressing the music, whereas her she has emotional music, but sometimes it gets you in that. Yeah, it's like a little more arm b.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I like it all. I love them both, but I just have like like a sexual crush. Oh so, oh my god. When I saw Georgia I Coachella this last year. I was like, take me.
Speaker 2: I know we were dead together. Yeah, we're like an epiphany, like, oh my god, I need her, I want you. If anybody knows you're holler.
Speaker 1: She is fine as fuck. Yeah true, yeah damn anyway, and then Cardi B's win. I was really happy for her. I felt like I won. I love her so much and she poor girl, she couldn't even she didn't even know what to say. I mean, I know, I know, but you know, like it just it just goes to show like transparency, authenticity. It wins every time, but your fucking self because it wins. Now. I think we're in a place now. I think before we're in the music industry is it's interesting to watch how it shifts because before it was like people loved that bigger than life, untouchable artist like a Beyonce or like a Nicki Minaj, you know, like NICKI wasn't like you didn't like when I think of Nikki, I never thought like, yeah, that could be my homegirl, you know what I mean. It was just like, oh my god, she's the queen of rap. You know, she's so talented. What did she do on the weekends like I don't even know, and now it's like, well, we know what Cardi does and she could be my homie too, and she could talk like Jicky, we know what she did. She hosted a party at Argyle Club Argo. She knew it. Shut up, No, she didn't. She would of course she was at all. Did she see did she get near Nicki?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said that she felt like she was like she was like, excuse me, I'm trying to get to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And she felt like she felt like she was like, notice me who Nicki was. Yeah, so yeah, that was her in her thoughts.
Speaker 2: She was like, I just felt like she was like thinking that I was gonna care who she was, and I was like, yeah, I need to get the bothom excuse me, because everybody else around her was like nicky, nicky Nikki. She's like she didn't perform or anything at the party.
Speaker 1: She was just there. I don't know, but like, if I was Nicki and I wasn't invited to the Grammys, I just wouldn't have been in the city. I would have been on VAK. You're like, what Grammys? I don't are? What are those? I don't know her Instead, she decided to have an after party, Lady Gaga one, which I love Lady Gaga, I really do. I think she's like kind of like that annoying stage, like that annoying theater kid that's like so annoying. So it's so tough, so over the top, like me, me, look at me, look at me. But it's fucking amazing, and it's super talented. You can't deny her talent. And also I think she's really genuine. You know, she really wants to support artists and upcoming artists, and she's so passionate. And I think after I watched her documentary, I fear documentary. Why am I sneezing and coughing because you're sick? I don't know. I heard some weird shit about her. Why do I know all the weird shit about it? Jesus, what'd she do? Now?
Speaker 2: Cousin Chris told me that in the documentary or maybe another documentary like something that like, okay, I know she had a best friend who like committed suicide, but that she tried to take her persona like that best friend was like actually the weird theater kid and actually was very.
Speaker 1: Like Star was. Her name is star or something. I don't know because I didn't watch it, but this is what I heard. Okay, First of all, what I will say, there's only so much of a persona you can take and have a fucking ten plus year career, like you know. Whether she did that or not, I don't know. It could have been like an contribute to her, like commemoration. I think that's what it was. I think I remember that, but I don't know. I like her. People will always try to downplay and diminish a woman, It's true. And so I'm going to you not well, I'm not. I'm not. I'm just telling you what I heard. But I just know that she's very talented. She's a talented singer, she's talented writer, she's talented musician, she's talented actress. She's nominated for an Oscar I know, you see that movie. No, I still need to watch it. I need too. So I was happy that she won. I really liked Carti's performance. She did that ship. I did look it up later. Yeah, I didn't see it. We kept missing it. I didn't even see that.
Speaker 2: I was very disappointed in Camila Cabo's performance because I hated that fucking outfit.
Speaker 1: The outfit was trashola. I want to know who styled it and who approved it, and why didn't nobody say this shit is ugly? She is ugly, it's unflattering. And why are we wearing skirts that just gently grazed the top of our knee? No, it was the bottom of her knee, like the bottom of her knee. I need you to commit to either long or short. You need a committal phase. That middle area has never been in appealing for dance performances. And that Kitten Hill you didn't even dance hard enough. Yeah, like for that Kitten Hill, you didn't. You needn't be Beyonce on the stage. J Loo can do fucking turns and a stiletto. I need Jude Cabela Cabello and needs you to do that. You're too young and beautiful and actually talented, So please.
Speaker 2: Spare us with those ugly fucking outfits. Fire your stylist, stylist asa. Also, there was all this backlash for j Loo presenting the Motown Award.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, why because she's Latina? I don't I don't know if it' because she's Latina because she doesn't really sing? Yeah, I think it's probably both. Yeah, I missed that part. You didn't see those all those names? No, I I missed her performances because we really weren't watching. Wait did she perform her? She presented, She performed. She did a whole thing with Smokey Robinson. Oh no, how do you miss that? I don't know. We started late, we went we started watching it like halfway through, and then it restarted again. I wonder what songs she sang? A few, She's like a medley.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. It is, it's funny. I could have done it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. I get why you would think that you would choose a black artist to execute that are actually RelA things. I don't know. I mean, what's the grand We're in such a fucking sense time. I mean, it's like, I get it. But also she's still a woman of color, and so's also the sides to really talented. She might not be able to sing well, but the bitch can perform her ass off. I saw her in Vegas and I sold, I want to see her in Vegas. So good. She's so good. Alisha Key's playing two pianos. Fly fly, She's just fly and talented and beautiful as well. So the Grammars was cool. It's cool, you know till next year. Yeah, anything else new in herd events? Yeah, the whole is it raining? It is, okay? I think I wanted. I wanted to talk about Gucci, Prada, Montclair, Montclair, Oh, and them the blackface doing blackface and their brand and all celebrities getting their painties in a bunch knowing, damn well, they're gonna buy these fucking brands like next week. And these brands have been doing the shit forever and they still buy their brands. What it's not right, it's not on right, Yes it is. They still buy these brands. And I think it's just like, I just want to see more black people buy black buying from black businesses, promote black businesses, and actually really do it. I mean we have the power. I mean we are the trend we are the like we're the trends. We set the bar. Yeah, and so we do have the power and we just don't use it properly. And there are people in the community that have bomb fashions and all types of businesses that we could be putting our dollars to, but we just choose to vibe from Gucci, who I am shocked has never had any black designers. I'm sure we're like number three top consumer of Gucci. Have never had black designers? Well they have what's the guy's name New York. He did a whole line with them, Dan Dapper Dapper Dan. Oh. Why did they say that they never had black designers. Maybe he's not been like the house designer. You know how they bring in people like the future like Carl La Carl Lagerfeld is Chanelle and he also has his own line. You know. Well, crazy Kanye said it's very racist over there. They won't let him in. Kanye can kiss my ass. He's just like a shut up. But I think, like I just feel like, first of all, these brands know better. I feel like, how do you not know? How do you not know a shirt with red fucking like lips and that's black it's a black face shirt. It was literally like they do it on purpose to start all this controversy, to get people all repped. That's why they do it. That's the only thing I could think of, because how how how do you go through that many hands before it gets to the consumer's hands, and no one says anything, like I used to think, Wow, they're just really that dumb. But like with how socially you know aware everyone is about race and racism and all that, like how how how yeah? And I mean and they know black people are still gonna buy their shit. Look at Floyd walking into the Gucci store not giving it one zero fuck is the demise of them. He also doesn't read, so you know, he doesn't know what the fuck is happening. He doesn't give a fuck about anything, you know. So I have no respect for.
Speaker 2: Ignorance. I mean, like ignorance is bliss. I just have no respect for like a dumb ass like you have all this money and you don't think, Okay, let me just do better, Let me get a tutor, let me you can learn, you know, And then it just irritates me.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge like Gucci, Prada, Fandy, Like, I'm not a huge like Main like not even if I was rich. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think it's just there's other more important things you could be putting your dollar two. There's other people like starving and struggling, and there's just so much more important things. And I just think it's fucking ridiculous. But speaking of the blackface thing, I watched recently a part of a documentary on PBS called Black Black Paraphernilia I think it's called, and basically it's saying that there's recently and been like a huge influx in like old menstrual, uh black face like paraphernalia, and like so much so that there's like Iron iron whatever you call them, iron factories in China remanufacturing this shit and it's actually it's not authentic because it's obviously not vintage.
Speaker 1: But it's like who in the fuck is buying this shit like as collectibles, as vintage collectibles, And it's just a very dark history. It's just a very dark history to be collecting and celebrating, Like I know, it's a part of our history. And there's some things that I like.
Speaker 2: There's like a black designer named Montgomery or something, and she's out of New York and she does a lot of like anti mi men blackface like things, and I like her, but I just think it's.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing to celebrate.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of still among us because we're in a prime era again of like it's this weird version of blackface with like what do they call it?
Speaker 1: Blackfishing? Like it's called a a like makeup can make you look more tanny bray, tailor fillers, baby hairs.
Speaker 2: Erica show me me and our other friend Carleton in the picture of her friend and she's like, she's white, and I was like, Erica, she's blackfishing.
Speaker 1: She's like really. I was like, really, bitch, she looks like a light skinned black girl and me and me and our other friend were like, yes, she didn't realize it because she looks at her all the time. And I'm like, this is the thing blackfishing, white girls, if you were looking to look like a big booty black girl.
Speaker 2: Was like, it's I don't want to say that all black women like have these like long weaves and long nails and baby hairs, but like I live in Atlanta. There's a lot of shippers in Atlanta. I'm looking at Instagram.
Speaker 1: These nails were not y'all were not trying to have these long ass coffin nails, these long ass or baby hairs rows. Yeah, it's just cheek boneas really, because they used to make fun of black women for wearing legs and it's just I don't know. It's it's very strange the time we are in. And I try not to be too sensitive because you know what, at the end of the day, whatever, wear what you want to wear, do what you want to do. But when she starts hitting the fan and we have real issues in the community, you bitches better be front line, okay, because if you want to emulate a culture, or you think you're emulating a culture by you know, that's the thing is that I don't even think they realize they're emulating. No, there's no way they don't realize it. There's no fucking way they don't realize. No, they don't. They look at their favorite celebrity that maybe happens to be black and they're like, oh, I want my nails like that, not because she's black, but just because she has those nails. But they don't realize that she has these nails because this is what she's grown up around in her community culture.
Speaker 2: It irritates me that there was a time where certain things were like looked at as just like like ghett at a shine with where is like those nails, long braids?
Speaker 1: Now it's in.
Speaker 2: You know, there was a time where like you couldn't go to a corporate and have dreads or braids.
Speaker 1: They would tell you that even there's still to this day that it was too ethnic. People were losing their jobs over this shit.
Speaker 2: So like you don't really realize like the history and the struggle that has come to embrace our natural shit. So much of black women have to conform to a European standard of beauty just to feel like people can hear me, or people can like take me serious, take me seriously. Like even as a waitresser, like wearing certain hairstyles, I totally noticed the difference in like tips and friendliness.
Speaker 1: And it's just like now you want.
Speaker 2: To be like you can't pick and choose take some of a culture, but none of the bad.
Speaker 1: You know, we go through a lot of shit just being black, and it's just an ironic, strange thing to see develop. And like sometimes they'll scroll past certain pictures like fuck Chloe, and I love Chloe. She's a cancer, she might be have fuck, but I just am like, but she looks like a light skinned black girl.
Speaker 2: I had to look twice, you know, and it's like not to say yeah, okay, but okay, there's a difference between like Chloe. And then what's the sister who hasn't gotten any of the younger sister Kendall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she still looks what she is, white, white, and you don't. Maybe it's that face and that ass and that wig and those nails. But it's just like, damn you guys. And I'm not saying we can't share.
Speaker 2: But be present when you when there's when there's there's fucked up shit going on the community.
Speaker 1: Which is happening daily every day, be an ally. Be an ally. If if you want to be so deep in the culture, you want to date the man, you want to wear that you want to dress off, the talk, the slag wear, the nails, wear the support, the music, go to the basketball game. Then when shit hits a fan, when innocent people are getting killed, and when things are when there's injustice in the community, I want you bitches to be the first ones to use your media power to speak the fuck up or at least ask how can I help, how can I help? Tell me what I can do? You know. Yeah, And like just to touch on the history of the menstrual shows, because I mean, of course I know what a mental show is. Of course I know what black faces. But you know, that's the beauty of having our podcast is that it forces me to have to educate myself. So The Minstrual Show first began around eighteen thirties around the eighteen thirties in New York City and basically consisted of white actors painting their face in black quark and their lips red to emulate blacks black slaves.
Speaker 4: Large, large over over lips, baboon like monkey like talking, and it consisted of comedy skits or performances, but it really mocked or depicted blacks as lazy, ignorant, cowardly, hypersexual. The Help, The Help Uneducated and Kunes Yeah essentially and Mint the Mitchell Show were essentially the lens through which white people viewed black people in America. Like the white people would look at these shows and like this is this is who black people are, and you would think, like it's crazy. When I was researching this to see how many different celebrities had participated in this, like some.
Speaker 1: Some of like celebrities like little like celebrities that I grew up watching, had no I had no idea Charley Temple. There was a picture of Shirley Temple getting her little baby face painted black, and I almost like, wow, this is so fucked up. She's a child, she doesn't even know. Well I'm sure she does know, but like, just like the educating of these kids, that's such an age, it's so important. Mickey Rooney, Louis Armstrong, Joan Crawford being Crosby. Even like some black back, black people were dressing up in blackface. I didn't want to say this one because I love him still, Jimmy Kimball, Jimmy Kimble, and he did it, but like, wait, yeah, for what on a show?
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, Jimmy Kimble. No Fallon, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 1: I love Jimmy Fallen. Why do you do that? What was he doing? I forgot? Do you get a lot of blacklash for that time? I don't think so, but I just saw it on that show. But he seems really socially where I'm surprised, but everybody's look into that. But even black people were dressing up as black face because that's the only way that they could work. People didn't even want them to look black like how they actually look. They wanted to look like this cartoonish depiction of black. So when you see these designers like depicting blackface on their products. Still it's just like and people collecting things. It's just it's very strange.
Speaker 2: And it's a global epidemic. Like when I watched that show, at the end they you guys should look into that show. But at the end they show blackface and all these different countries on products, on TV shows, on mainstream things, Berlin, France, Mexico. I mean, it was just a worldwide thing. Wasn't just here. But it's just so insensitive. It's so insensitive, Like I don't think people actually recognize just like.
Speaker 1: Just how the dark history behind it being black. It's just dark, and you know, and some people like you know, like the designer that you like in Brooklyn who is black and creates these images. I mean I get, I get, I get like taking back the significance of it and like reclaiming it and making it something different definitely, because you know what it is.
Speaker 2: Also I recognize is that as African Americans, we lack history, we lack roots because we have only been taught this really dark history. So there has to be a reclaim, there has to be an embrace because a lot of like our music our culture is who we are, it is all we are. But it's like only from what we've been given, and this is the type of shit we've been given, like very dark things. So that's why I like it that just to take it back, I like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I don't I'm like, I understand it, but also I don't know, I don't know. I'm conflicted about it because I feel like that sends so confused. White people get confused. They get very confused. Sometimes you have to draw hard lines. In the great words of Sharonas, just a little slow. Wait. I had someone one of the girls from my work who happens to be a Caucasian and who loves Sharonas be like, I heard your episode and he said, white girls are slow. I know our favorite, our number one fan, our friend Nelly, was like, ah, Sharonas, while we got to be slow. She dms me.
Speaker 2: Specifically about this. Shout out to Nelly. I'm like, Key meant, like that girl, he.
Speaker 1: Did some slow shit. That's what I'm saying is I think when we collect those items, even though we're trying to reclaim, sorry, we're trying to reclaim them, I think it sends a mixed message to white people, and then they get confused and then they think they can participate because they always want to participate in the shit we're participating, and then it becomes this like circle. It's like either you like it or you don't. I feel like sometimes you have to just be like it's out. It's out for everyone, you know, but we know that's not going to happen. So I don't know anyway, I just I encourage you guys. Obviously this is it's Black History Month, but you know we've been designated this month. But really, if you are black, you know that every day should be you should honor who you are and we should support one another. And if you aren't black and you have black friends or you have black babies, you know, try to We've had this episode before, you know, trying to you know, talk about your kids, about who they are, but also just try to support support black businesses, you know, like just support, show that support we need. We want to see it. And I know that sometimes people question how we can help. That's one of the biggest ones because money talks, and we need we need that support, and black people will have to do better too. I don't know If you guys have watched this Killer Mike Show on Netflix. If you haven't, I highly highly highly recommend it. It's so good. And one of the the first episode is basically he has a show he's in I guess he lives in I think he lives in Atlanta. He has a show somewhere in Georgia, and he it's like three days away, and he said, you know, I'm challenging myself for the next three days to only buy black and use black products, period. And so the show was documenting this journey and basically it was a fucking almost impossible, like like he went to this guy who happened to be like the ress for all black things owned, and he had a black phone, Like he had a phone that was like owned by black people. So he had his phone. He got that he couldn't smoke weed because none of the farms were black owned or growers were black owned. He barely could eat because even the black owned restaurants, the food they were getting was from tribute from blacks. So because he was taking it to that level, so that the root of it, even trying to get transportation to get to his show was difficult, Like he had at the end of the day, he had to make some sort of exception and so he went to a black owned business that owned car like owned tour buses, so he had to take a whole tour bus to his show by himself, and fucks trying to find a place to stay. He was sleeping on a park bench, you know, black owned hotels or you know what I mean. And just putting that like seeing that in Georgia, that's crazy because even you would think it really put it in perspective. For me, I was like, wow, this is It's so true. Got to watch it. It's really interesting. So I recommend you watch it. But anyway, and if about all of our black shit, It's Valentine's Day tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day to those love birds out there or you're not not. We wanted to do our Valentine's Day episode and discuss our views and feelings on Valentine's Day. And actually this came up for me recently because they start instilling this whole Valentine's Day narrative. So young Irie's in school obviously and she, you know, celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow, and you know, they teach it about love. And I think this is almost like when people like you is Valentine's Day, like where you start realizing, like it's supposed to have a boyfriend now ny movies or where you like, oh that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Secon Luna bought the entire family cookies, lollipops, balloon. She got me a fake bouquet of heart flowers, and she said this is for you for when you get married. So it's I know, and I always I was going to be like the mom, like who made baskets for Easter and like for Valentine's Like meanwhile, I'm like down with the man. This is fake, but I mean, I don't know, it's just some fake us. All the holidays are fake.
Speaker 1: I used to take Valentine's Day seriously when you're in seventh grade, no, like like high school, early twenties. Well that's what it's fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the fun. I like, I like arts and crabs and shit, and I really do like love. I'm just not into spending money on some fake ass bullshit because to me, like doesn't make me feel special, Like I just want you to do something special like.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I don't know it is nice for someone to do something nice for you. And of course I like gifts, but like I'm go into cheesy as shit. Don't buy me no rose, don't buy right. I don't want no funck a teddy bear made of roses. Take me to get a sake, pay a bill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real?
Speaker 2: Like I like to eat and I like experiences me too. Get this, Get this flower rose out of my face. I like flowers, I just don't want them to be in a shape of a teddy bear.
Speaker 1: So you really even want flowers on Valentine's Day though, It's just so I want flowers every day to be in that exactly, Like, yeah, chocolate, I don't fucking eat chocolate at that ship out of my face? Yeah I don't. I don't get it. I don't. It's funny though, because there's a heart shaped Do you know what I find? Or at least in my last relationship, I found that Valentine's Day was more taken seriously by the man than by me. I know, for real it is, But I'm like, no, it's not always like that. I know there's a lot of women out there that really pressure their men, like what do we do have Valentine's Day, like, oh my god, I got my BALANCEE. Then you go somewhere and there's like everybody in their mama there because it's all pre set. I didn't even want this. I wanted to order. I wanted to order.
Speaker 2: It's so many people, it's so crowded. Everybody's pretend holding hands.
Speaker 1: So gay? Are we just? Are we better? No? We don't have Valentine's No, really not, because you know what. I had this. I had this conversation with myself the other day because I know everybody else knows. I know you know. You ever go on Instagram and.
Speaker 2: See those people who are so in love it's like beautiful but annoying.
Speaker 1: And I had talk with myself. I'm like, am I annoyed by this?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, because I want that, And I'm gonna be that annoying on Instagram when I get a man that I really like.
Speaker 1: But it just has to be someone I really know. I'm lying, I'm never gonna be that annoying on Instagram. Have you ever been like that on Instagram?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I suppose I may be daddy, but like maybe a little bit black love. No, I don't think i've ever hashtagged that. But oh my god, I'm gonna go back, bitch, makee me scroll back. Oh my god, I think that Candileen is getting to me. What was it talking about? Uh No, I'm not jealous. I just I think when something's really good, you don't have to talk about it a lot. It doesn't have to be necessarily pushed up. But I get I get wanting to I understand that. I don't. I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's annoying. I think it's more annoying when bitches are like I need a man, my love is coming. Have you ever seen those posts too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so like the thirstiest bitches like I can't wait for my man. Like it's that's annoying, more annoying than real love posts. I just feel like you and your partner, if you have one, should make an effort to express your love for one another daily, daily, And like, yeah, it doesn't have to be on February fourteenth. You know, It's just I don't know even like happy Bay. He asked me. He was like, so what do you ask me? Like? What are you doing? What are you doing on Valentine's Day? And I was like I don't believe Valentine's Day and he was like, oh my god, thank god. He was like, cause I was gonna tell you all the reasons why I don't believe Valentine's Day. And I was like, I mean my ex like, and I would tell my ex too, like we don't have to do anything on Valentine's Day, Like seriously, we don't need to do anything. You don't need to buy me anything. And he would always buy me something, and of course that was nice and I liked it. It was sweet, but then I'd get pissed because Nigga, I told you I wasn't gonna buy you shit, and now you brought me a gift and now I like it. Ask yeah, I hate like I tell you, we told, I told you, We're not doing that. I'm shit. I've also had like a few fights on Valentine's Day, so like not even about Valentine's Day, just like like an argument happened, happened to happen on that day. So I was just like, fuck this day. You know, at the end of the day, this is just another month of fucking day where we're gonna fight or not. You know.
Speaker 2: I had I had a girlfriend once and she made such a big deal about Valentine's Day and like made me get dressed, and I was like, be ready this time. And then I guess when the day came, like we missed the show, and then she just like got me in necklace and then like fed me store bought sushi.
Speaker 1: I was just like a girl that liked you. We were in a relationship. Oh oh, this is a long time ago. I was hot. I was so irritated.
Speaker 2: I was like, why the fuck do you have me get all this dressed, all this hype, and this bitch is feeding me store bos.
Speaker 1: It was more about the food shit, I know. Okay, So so you said be cheap. Okay. So if you have subscribed to our newsletter, is that everyone just jumped on that roost. If you subscribe to our newsletter, which you guys all should, because there's some extra information in there. We do some updates on our personal lives up there, and we share event information, which, by the way, we're having an event March nineteenth, Wait sixteenth. March sixteenth. March sixteenth is our one year Anna Versus a relive show flash party. Flash party. But still but apparently this candeleeen is working, so you drinks some more. Noma, Wait what was I saying? I already forgot where this was going. We have events? Oh our newsletter? Oh yeah, our newsletter. Do you have a newsletter? Yeah? Follow it. You can subscribe on our website to our newsletter. But I was saying something before that. We talked about our views on Valentine's Oh before the newsletter. Oh yeah, yeah, Jamila in the newsletter was saying how she like, we were just encouraging you guys to, you know, take yourself out on Valentine's Day, get your stuff out on the day, your baby, maybe you and your daughter out or your son out on the jay and like do something special like that, you know, or treat yourself to treat yourself. Yeah, get a little massage, running a run of bath, smoke a joint, watch your favorite show you've been meaning to catch up on, and just do the whole do the self care thing and not make it about a relationship. The biggest relationship and the most important relationship you have is with yourself, So nurture that if that's if it's so important to you this day. But Jamila was saying, you know, the best way to go is free. Just make it free. And well, I think all the sexiest shit is free. Like I want to cook naked for you. I want to give you a massage naked. I want to wear this lingerie and then get naked, which I for myself, and then I'm gonna naked. I got this way, call me something else that's yeah, it's role playing no, and I get that too, I think. But I think if you are, if you believe in this holiday so much, then but buy something. Then don't be cheap about like don't you don't have to buy something expensive, but don't buy like the cheap teddy barrels. If you're gonna do it, then do it. Get something actually that the person's gonna lie, even if it is small. Yeah, But like Jamila, I'm I'm definitely more so about if I'm if I was celebrating Valentine's Day, it's about the experience. If I was gonna spend it with someone else.
Speaker 2: I'm so cursed my own family, My whole family is all holidays are like it's the man's holiday trying to get your money.
Speaker 1: So I'm not very holidays. But except for my birthday, A very into.
Speaker 2: My birthday and everything else is the man's holiday.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, sometimes it's fun. I'm gonna feel sick again. Clearly my coughing my nose is.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry, not not very appealing in the microphone.
Speaker 1: I might have to add it that out. I don't want me laugh. It makes me cough. Oh another update, speaking of Valentine's Day and love and relationships that I'm not participating it. I'm also sixty one days sullivant, and I did not think that I could do that. So that's neither did I.
Speaker 2: Thanks friend, I'm really proud of you. So yeah, I've been consciously sullivant for sixty one days and it's pretty.
Speaker 1: It's cool. It's cool. Sometimes I get in like horny modes, like must have dick, dick, dick, because I think all these sexual thoughts and then it goes away. Oh so you masturbate in your mind, my mo's mental master masturbation. I just think like skin close thoughts, sweat, heavy, breathing, biting, we liquid liquid measure me like penetration, penetration, penetration, and then I'm like, okay, back to the regular life. Oh masturbation. Okay, I'm still going to encourage you to get a vibrator, a new one. Do you think you need a new one? Because clearly, sorry, oh my god, clearly the old one is not You're not going to it, you're not excited about it. I don't have you watched tidy. She's like, does this bring your joy? If it bring your joy, you keep it. She doesn't like, she doesn't speak English, anything that brings you joy. She's like this little voice. But ever, the whole thing is like, does it make you feel joy? So maybe my brother doesn't make me feel joy? Yeah, you gotta find a new exciting, joyous vibratory.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna pull up close what she says to do with your things, like bring it close to your chest and see if it brings you joy.
Speaker 1: Oh the show? Oh? Is that the show? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not even functually, it's about tidying, like getting rid of shit and just keeping the things I bring you.
Speaker 1: My friend Xavier was telling me about that. He was telling me I needed to watch that. He just watched and it changed his life.
Speaker 2: It's like the top three shows right now on Netflix, one of the top three watched shows.
Speaker 1: Did we already talk about that? Other weird show Abducted in plain Sight. Yeah we did, ok, Yeah, because I know that's an What about Ted Bundy? I haven't seen that? Have you seen it? Yeah? I watched it. Oh my god. You know it's just got sick like we go means you don't watch all six She always turns on the darkest shit and then falls asleep, and then my nosey ass can't stop watching.
Speaker 2: It's like six episodes of the darkness of said Bundy, and like a serial killer of young women.
Speaker 1: It's very scary. Yeah. I know. He because he was good looking and charming, and so he would get away with it. And he was like Lokia genius. No, No, that was a lie. He's not genious. He was just so he was psycho.
Speaker 2: No, he was kind of smart and he can manipulate, but in reality he really wasn't that smart. His I he could, his IQ was actually very low and adjusted, and it made him feel inadequate.
Speaker 1: He was didn't he defend himself? Yeah, but he was tamed as a lawyer. He was crazy insecure in his whole childhood, in his whole life, he was like pretending to be so smart and so eloquent, and he wanted to be like a Republican party against like juvenile delinquents. And he's a psychopath and he really wasn't that smart, but he was. How many people they killed seventeen thirty seventy, Oh my god, women brutally like smashing their heads, grabbing them out of their beds, strangling them and pulling into his trunk. Random bitches. Random.
Speaker 2: He literally killed bitches through out of their bedrooms that he'd never seen before.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, followed them and took them and left them in the woods. That's crazy. And then had a girlfriend during and then didn't kill her, didn't not tell her.
Speaker 2: She came to the places like, I don't know what I think. It's my boyfriend. His name is Ted, and he has all these different house keys at his house, and he's been gone mysteriously from some of these times of these women's abductions. And sometimes he tells me he follows like college students and he can't help it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's the one who got him caught up or what? No, Then they were watching him, but he kept going, damn bitch, they got him. He escaped twice, right, twice, that's right. I wouldn't tell me, this niggas not a genius. He's white. White.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. I was doing a client and she's white. I think she's half Mexican of white. And her boyfriend is black and Indian, you know. And he was like, she's like I was.
Speaker 1: Watching them that with my boyfriend, and he said if he was black, he would have never got away with that. I was like, he's right, that's true. He like jumped out of the window. Do you mean he's not shackled to get this jug what do you mean here to get shot? We're gonna chase him. He was gone for a week. Girl in the woods. Almost god, I don't use force right if you see him, if you see him, whispered gently, come here, Ted come only killed thirty bitches? Crazy? Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Also, my client told me that his mom said she she like had a flat tire and he came to help her. Ted Bundy, who's mom the guy Her boyfriend's mom said back in the day she was driving from Seattle and that he was like or from Oakland or something, and that he was like she saw it was Ted Bundy who came, But the police came, and so he left but he came to help her.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's crazy, right, perfect opportunity. Wow, I'm sometimes I think about that. I have like weird thoughts, like how many times have I escaped death? I have not even known it right or escaped just anything. There's been a lot of times I think back in my teenage years, so dumb, so much shick should have happened to me. You know how many hitchhikes down I like gotten shit cars to strangers. Yeah, that's insane. Often often where are you going? What do you mean? You were just like on venturup with your finger out.
Speaker 2: Like one time I went to be like, took the bus to know such mam, but we didn't want to take it back because so far on the bus and let me just ask people.
Speaker 1: What? Oh my god. One time in college, if some teenager came up to me and was like, can you take me home? I'd be like, hell, now, I have gotten a lot of rides from strangers. Oh no, no, But that was I think that's because I'm a woman. I wouldn't be I'd be like, I'm not picking no, but call your mama. You need a cell phone. We're going to ride from a mom one time like not a mom is a woman?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hope my daughter is not as retarded as I am because I was dup.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you just have to be honest with her about those moments or not or maybe yeah, I don't know, I'll figure it out as we go. If anyone has any advice on how to make sure your kid doesn't get in the car with the fucking strangers, or like what if your Ted Bundy's mom? What do you mean, like what, I love him.
Speaker 2: Stone, yeah, like like that's also scary. It's also a scary thought, Like as a.
Speaker 1: Mom, I love him still, but I'd be like, what the fuck did I do in life to have given birth to now?
Speaker 2: So in the movie, they say like he tries to portray all like people would like to say that I've had something happened to me as a child, but there's nothing basically like he had a totally normal childhood.
Speaker 1: However, he like basically.
Speaker 2: Confesses on tape and they take it over to his mom's house and they play the tape for her and she like falls to the floor crying, weeping, and then like five minutes Slater gets up and says, now, who wants.
Speaker 1: Apple pie and ice cream. Yeah that's what I said. Okay, yeah, that's weird. So I think we have a question from a someone in our DMS. Yes, listener, Yes, this one was pretty heavy. It's a heavy question. It was pretty heavy. And the question is how do I tell my daughter that her dad is incarcerated for life without parole. The last time he's seen her she was only three months old and she's almost three now. I have questions like, as she sees, how she been to visit him. The last time she saw her is at three months oh three months old? Oh yeah, so I don't know if I was a visitor, if that was before incident. I have a friend that yeah, basically since the baby was like three months old, the dad's been incarcerated, and she lets him like FaceTime and stuff, because that's like an option. But I don't know, would you like say, would you like like you don't have a dad, or would you No, I wouldn't say you don't have a dad, And I would just maybe say he's away and never let her see the dad.
Speaker 2: Oh, like go there to visit, But that's not too much, too difficult. I think at three maybe I would go I think it's real. I think three they're getting really smart, really sharp. I mean, I just know there's like such a negative like association with jail for a child. That's the only thing that makes me hesitant. But it's like, how do you hide that and not sacrifice them not seeing their father at all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But she also said that I said it depends like how much a relationship prior.
Speaker 1: Prior to the incident, she said he was really disrespectful to her, to her, he was really disrespectful to her during the pregnancy and basically said that she tried to trap him. Well, I'm I'm so does he not want to see the child? Is that why she hasn't seen the right? Right? If he didn't want to see her, I would be like, yeah, he you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he basically doesn't exist. But if he wants to, I would. I would, I would take it. Yeah, this is something I felt like I was being. I mean I kind of had to face when like my ex was in jail and like facing time.
Speaker 1: And like would you thank God, like you know, he wasn't guilty and the truth came to life? But had it not like I had, I had that thought. I had to think about that. Am I going to be traveling to Europe to show Iri her dad or to bring Iri to see her dad? In this I was already doing that at that point. We were out there that whole, those whole we like taking her to take to the jail, taking her to the No, I never took her to the joke. No, but I probably would have if that was what it had to be. Would have a decision. Yeah, I mean I would have to. Yeah, I mean he would. I mean, obviously it's a different situation. You know, Well, we don't know.
Speaker 2: But I think if he wants to see her, yes, yes, I think if he doesn't, then do you tell her?
Speaker 1: Of course, she's gonna have no. She's gonna know who her dad is. She's gonna know. I'm not gonna say you don't have a dad. She's gonna get old enough and be like, where the fuck is my dad? Who would fuck is this? Nigga? You know what I mean? Like what you mean? You don't know what you mean? Not a bird came down in delivery, not like that. I'm just saying, like, would you say he's in jail, I just say he's away, like or to say he died or that. I don't know. I think eventually they're gonna ask you more questions. You know, it's like, so it's best to just keep it. Really, yeah, it's never it's gonna be away and it's gonna be like, you know, just just jail at three, he's being he's being housed somewhere. It's not funny, and it's not funny at all. But but I'm just saying, well, yeah, I mean I guess so, yeah. I think you have to start incorporating it now so that it's not weird for her. It's something she's gonna have to face regardless period. You know, it's it's almost better that she if she asks you to be honest, but maybe not offer the information too. Really, I mean, how are you gonna explain where you're taking her? Like, you know what I mean, Like she's gonna have to say, like assuming that she's taking here, Well, isn't that the point? Or no, she said, just tell her about him. I don't know. Oh my god, this stake well shit situation.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm high. Oh my god, this is a tough topic in general.
Speaker 1: I think you just have to be honest. I think you have to start, there's like steps, like you know, if you're bringing her to see him, like, you know, she probably won't know what the jail is right now, you know what I mean. But you try to associate it with something positive. But you can't control what the situation is when you get there, you know. But I just couldn't imagine keeping my child away from her father if he wanted to see her and they wanted to see each other, you know. You know, jail has a way of changing people too, you know, and so I'm sure if he does want to see her, maybe he's you know, remorseful for the way he treated you, and you know, yeah, we need more information anyway. I hope that was helpful. I don't know if it was. What do you think? I think that was just the best we could do knowledge.
Speaker 2: Of the situation. I mean, we're not in that situation. But no, I yeah, honesty is key, period.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So I'm confident with that answer. Okay, wait's got the right term? No, it's not, I think So let's yeah, we gotta go all right. Anyway, We'll have a wonderful week and we will catch you next time.
Speaker 3: Keeping a woman because he trusted you when that is women.
Speaker 1: Is need alone.
Speaker 3: You got Masachi, your link stummach chains from rock up, your hands down, but you stuck up in the spot and make him plumb, duke and sweet. Then he falling asleep if you want to fall with your old pee's dying the creek between my shies. So what you got sitting down on your feet?
Speaker 1: Hot sex on the flatter, mixed the Michigan Fleet up the lanternship.
Speaker 5: I do what I've got to.
Speaker 1: The last
Speaker 3: I think