Speaker 1: It was all about appropriating dress clothes to go to the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was like bits casual all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and everybody was doing it poorly because our heroes were doing it poorly, Like nobody. He put on that big fucking button up and was like, I got class now. Yeah, this is better than sports.
Speaker 2: Brought people for not wearing big giant button up. Yeah, striped dress shirts with jeans.
Speaker 3: It's like about y'all niggas need to grow up.
Speaker 4: And it's like, bro, I don't. I don't think we're the problem here.
Speaker 1: We're in ap us history with coupling. So what were we doing?
Speaker 3: What were we doing? What were we doing?
Speaker 4: That's crazy, It's really crazy.
Speaker 2: It was so bright though.
Speaker 5: Chips in your Kuala bears are racist. The money and turn stuff. I can't tell.
Speaker 3: Me who that?
Speaker 4: Whoda who that?
Speaker 1: Who dad?
Speaker 3: Who? And whodat who?
Speaker 4: There it is there.
Speaker 3: It is ladies and gentlemen. Uh that little mamas and and gentiles alike. There It is. Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told.
Speaker 2: Me Podcasts, where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy.
Speaker 3: And we finally work to prove that Van Jones is supposed to be a different color. Look, I don't mean this for for a lot of people, but the passion that he stands up for white people leads me to believe that there there has to be some sort of weird chemical thing happening here that made that man the color that he is, because that ain't no nigga.
Speaker 1: You okay seen the throwback video.
Speaker 3: I have seen the event. The dreads dreads, Yeah, dreads.
Speaker 1: Dreads like on some like like College Hill type of stuff, like like okay, yeah yeah, not like not like waker dreads, but like I've read a lot of books, and I can read more books if I don't spend time at the barbershop dreads.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was a real uh love interest on the show girlfriends Ass nigga.
Speaker 2: Type of guy who would have been in the film Love Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can see that, and yeah Lynn's girlfriend, Link's boyfriend on On Your Friends. And I will say that he started as a community organizer with the at least the the resumed intention of helping underprivileged communities and ship like that was sort of how he built himself. But if you listen to him talk the way this motherfucker move there's just a deep, deep sort of connection to the white race that I think is probably not being addressed in his physical appearance.
Speaker 2: You know he wear a cowboy at.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, but probably seen him in a cowboy.
Speaker 1: He's got one. But it's got that's not an every week situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, that's character.
Speaker 3: Matters, man Olivia said, sometimes he does. So maybe we're it.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I seen it. I seen him in I seen him in a cowboy at.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look it up Van Jones and a cowboy. Let's see what happens. Boy follows him on the grand don't do you really know? Of course not friends.
Speaker 3: That would That would eat me alive, knowing that every day you scroll past Van Jones and think about liking it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But the thing about my Instagram, I don't even look at people I follow. I'm on the explore page.
Speaker 3: Yeah I got you.
Speaker 2: Oh he's got it. He's got it one. He's got it on in his Instagram profile.
Speaker 3: Big he wore it once and and took the sexy photos with it, and then people ran with it. There is no other evidence of him wearing this cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: Ever, a lot of weird people follow Van Jones.
Speaker 3: Coach Prime, Yeah, come on, bro coach.
Speaker 2: No. I mean it's weird that he follows Van Jones, is it?
Speaker 3: He last year said that, Uh, he prefers his linemen.
Speaker 2: Not just how des work. You're a basketball guy, you don't know, that's just how he works. He's talking.
Speaker 4: He is at my quarterback.
Speaker 3: I want him reading.
Speaker 4: Books and eating vegetables and my linemen.
Speaker 3: I hope they were raised getting fucking stopped into gre by their own families.
Speaker 4: You're like, why would he follow Van Jones?
Speaker 3: What is Van Jones and Coach Brin got to do with each other? I think I can find a connection anyway. So you are here today, Rob, and we haven't even introduced you. Well, I realized now that we haven't even said who the fuck is here, which happens all the time on this podcast, So don't feel special. We fuck up constantly. But our guest today is a dear friend. He's so fucking funny. He's written on every goddamn thing, Sherman Showcase, all kinds of amazing things. The Inconsistent Podcast is his ship, and it's a joy to be on. A joy to watch. We're such big fans of him, his comedy everything. Give it up for our guest, mister Rob Hayes. But yeah, what was that? Is that for every guest?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What about me? That that was personal? Means you don't be getting the finest in Indian pop clips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we got that heat. That's mostly what our pat is.
Speaker 1: I'm black.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's You're not even up on it.
Speaker 2: Trust me. The new Drake album is gonna sound exactly like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: You came to us with the conspiracy theory that bory. I think both we agreed. We had both heard at one point, but I don't think either of us had enough actual evidence experience inside of the world to really have an opinion on Am I correct in saying exactly that? Yeah? We were both like, ah, I've heard of that, but I don't know if I agree or disagree. So I'm excited to bribe to hear your stance and all of this. But you said, and I want to get this all correct. You said, my mama told me freaking a black and mom makes it healthier. Yeah, tell us everything.
Speaker 1: It's actually not my mom I've been on the show before, so I figured I could venture out into other people from my part. But my homeboy, Vincent, who I grew up with, I turned eighteen. I'm thirsty. I'm thirsty for some sort of adulthood. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, off the table, that's not going to happen. I don't know anyone who smokes weed at the time. The only thing I can do is smoke a black and Mind to get that feeling of yes I am, I am an adult.
Speaker 3: Now I'm a very very good bad boy. Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I get the Black and Mile. This is the first one I bought. I had been smoking Black Miles senior year that's when it starts, but I hadn't been able to purchase them legally from the store. So this is the first one I bought. I buy it. You about a pack about to pack? Split it with the bros. Use some of that graduation money.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, this nigga rob share.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it right.
Speaker 3: We all we.
Speaker 1: All had graduation money, and I don't know it must it might just be young black boys to take all the graduation cash, take a picture of it like they got it for something other than like academic achievement and like that. That was the background on my raising pop. It's like my graduation money on the bed like it was drug wady, like I was gonna buy boots they got.
Speaker 3: Those images were too grainy for them to be brought back up now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can't even exist on today's internet.
Speaker 1: Man, there's no backup for the razor.
Speaker 3: One bit pixels. No, we're not gonna see that anymore.
Speaker 1: All the pictures of me with a mohawk are gone. Oh no, it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: There's no internet existence of all my pinwheel hats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I had a lot of pin wheels I had.
Speaker 3: I had an entire year when I was teaching high school where I was a bow tie guy and I was like legit wearing bow ties every day, learned to tie them for real, and then was wearing them ships out sometimes like after work. I'd be like just kicking it at the like the letout and a fucking bow tie and ship.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we were. We were like eighteen in the most square dressing era of like like the coolest best for doras bake glasses. Ties.
Speaker 3: Come on, you know what I'm saying I really thought I was on my grown ship. I was like, nah, man, you come on really dressed up today, And it was.
Speaker 2: With the white collar and cuffs on the dress shirt. Yeah fresh, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And the teachers would hype us up. They were so happy that we weren't like like wearing like baggy judges and stuff that, like your teacher would hype you up, but also like you look like a video all you did. All I did was go on my dad's closet and the stuff he didn't want anymore took over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was eating my father's clothing alive. And my dad can't dress for ship, right right, right, He's not a good dresser. But I was fucking yeah, that's what's this. I can, I can. I can put a T shirt under this and it'll work. This will be exactly what I need.
Speaker 1: But okay, So I get the black and mound and Vince is like, you got a freaking and I'm like why, He's like, you know carcinogens. Now, Now, Vince is not in the in some of the advanced classes that I'm in, you know what I'm saying, Like I normally don't get my science news from Vince but he he had so much convention, and then everyone else in the car was like, yeah, like what are you doing, Like you can't just straight from the store. You gotta die, you know, like like yeah, And so then he takes all the tobacco, like the plastic that it comes in. He takes all the tobacco out of it, puts it in a plastic kind of like does this thing with the plastic in the black and mile and then it's like all right, now it's ready. Yeah I freaked it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So so just so we're clear, no removal happens inside of your version of freaking it. This is just you just took the tobacco, mixing up the tobacco.
Speaker 1: You need to be you gotta run a little bit.
Speaker 4: What I thought he was like, do some actual doctor in to the product.
Speaker 3: But he's like, no, you just gotta shake. You gotta shake that in the very plastic it was wrapped in.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this like this, this is no way. But like like also it was like I know, I couldn't say anything because I felt like everyone else was believing.
Speaker 3: The whole the whole group is like this is science, and if you're rejecting science. You're a psychopath.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be unfree. No, I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how much teen boys need health class more than anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like.
Speaker 2: All the ship I did wrong back then was just people tell me bad health ship. You know what I mean? Like, no, if you drink gold schlager and orange juice, the gold flicks cut up your throat and get you drunker. And I was like, yeah, that makes sense. I say this all the time. I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, it's like bad.
Speaker 1: Talk about it. It's bad.
Speaker 3: It isn't super bad.
Speaker 2: Because she gets the gold stuff. Yeah, I mean I drink gold at my problem. You know, I believed it. M my goddamn old cinnamon schnapps I wanted to drink.
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: I've never had a gold slop.
Speaker 2: I never that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Because of the character who wanted it on super Bad, I was that ain't for me.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I had already I was already in before super Bad even came out. I got you.
Speaker 3: You had already reached the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 2: So it felt and it felt it felt classic because there is gold, or there's some kind of I think it is it really gold.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's like what like quality of gold. I think it's probably some sort of edible gold thing that doesn't cost anything for anybody, you know what I mean. Like a lot of things are gold that don't have to be expensive. I imagine, right, right.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like just candy wrappers.
Speaker 3: It's just loose candy Rapperschlager cinnamon schnapps is a hot cinnamon schnop. So it's a fire fireball a moment.
Speaker 2: It's spicier than spiderball. Whoa you never, oh man, you guys never.
Speaker 3: I've never tasted it.
Speaker 1: Three of us in the same place. You got to get some gold. Well just off for you. You have to make.
Speaker 3: A weird order, my man, because well we're in getting three rounds of gold schlager.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can tell, but it's money in here tonight.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The reason for this is the goal is the flakes of gold in it to drink itself is potent blend schnaps. The incredibly fine, incredibly fine sheets of gold around sixty two cents worth. Okay, yeah, the bottle, no, yeah, I guess, so I'll pay that tax. Oh the flakes each are worth sixty two cents.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's not okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she's sang the whole Okay, no, no, it's pretty bad. It's pretty bad. So so Rob, he tells you to freak it. He then does the silliest thing you could do in freaking a black and Mile. You then go on to freak more black and miles. Do you practice what he is preaching? Or do you just privately smoke raw the way that you that God intended.
Speaker 1: I kind of smoke raw, but after that pack, I really wasn't like in the Black and Miles like it was it was the only cool because I at one time like it wasn't like I was really just addicted.
Speaker 2: No, that's a terrible it's a difficult habit. Like no, but I think everybody has a little phase. But like, to smoke black and Miles over a prolonged period of time is like and.
Speaker 3: And as somebody has never smoked either that or a cigarette, why why is a black and mild so much crazier?
Speaker 1: It's thick, boy, it's yeah, so it's a lot of smoke, especially for you to not be smoking like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's a heavy, big, thick it's like it's very flavorful, like if you get like the red wine or whatever. But it's like it's just it's intense smoking.
Speaker 1: Smell. So it's like not it's not like, oh I smell like weed, or I smell like cigarettes, or I smell like I can't really place it. It's like, now you smell like black men.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. It's just especially for a teen, and you're not even used to tobacco like that. That's why people you don't you notice you don't see a ton of people who smoke black and miles like regularly.
Speaker 3: No, And I've always wondered that because as a as a person again who doesn't smoke at all. That's I smoke weed, but like I any tobacco products, it smells good. It smells fucking phenomenal to me. When I walk past motherfuckers are smoking blacks, I'm like, oh, yeah, why don't people smoke blacks? And that that's clarifying.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like smoking a real cigar kind of you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's got a little like like mouthpiece.
Speaker 2: Which is really what draws you in initially anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Why the mouthpieces gonna protect you from stuff? Yeah, cigarettes don't got mouth pieces. Yeah, this is craftsmanship.
Speaker 3: Now it's hard. Again, it never made sense to me that y'all motherfuckers don't exclusively smoke though.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not a black and wild smoke.
Speaker 3: I don't say y'all, but anytime, if you're smoking a cigarette, it seems like it should be a black and mile. But again, I now understand that it's because you're killing yourself every time you take.
Speaker 1: I've never seen someone smoke a black and mile, like. I've only seen it in certain places, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a it's a real alley in the in the club, you know what I'm saying. Like like like the smoking area at the airport. I've never seen a black and mile there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can't smoke a black and mile on your lunch break, your office job. I've seen a cigarette, but I've never seen like just a tip of.
Speaker 3: I do love the idea of somebody smoking a black and being like, so you gots traveling this year for the holidays or are you keeping it local?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've never seen anybody smoking entire Black and Mile like just like one person another thing to the head, a whole one, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I yeah, so that's the thing. It's like you smoke in a quarter, you know, of a black and then it's like, now, I'm not gonna throw this away. I haven't done the whole, you know, like more than half. Now I gotta hold on to this thing. It's never the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put it behind your ear, but then your whole head smells like black and mild. Damn.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm well, I'm learning a lot. I'll say that I feel very informed in Black and Mile culture, and in fact, Olivia is saying that the TSA has forbidden Black and Mile to to one of these forbidden items. You can't can't travel with black and Miles blood, but.
Speaker 1: You can't take a black.
Speaker 2: This feels I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna just go ahead and say it. This feels racist. It feels objectively like they're being like no niggas allowed as best they can by eliminating this major.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They're white people don't fuck with black and Miles like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, no, but.
Speaker 1: They probably sell them in white areas.
Speaker 2: Just in case, because it's not like it's got the double papers, so you can't even like roll it up.
Speaker 1: But like, see, that's the problem. They've been in books and you know that we got these issues with police and all this, that we got these major racial issues that we can never get down to the small issues like TSA being in a black and mile. You know what I'm saying, Like, we're never gonna get to that level where we could be like, yo, TSA, what's up with that? What does the black mile do that's gonna prevent you know, the airport from being safe.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing. And I love that you're saying this.
Speaker 2: I think it's more they don't want people who regularly, they don't want people who are willing to travel with black and miles on planes. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: But either way, because Greyhound in the line they give you a black and mile, they're like, all right, everybody get a number order, you gotta get a number one. But they're real strict about that. They will yell at you. And you know they were like, all right, here's and that's.
Speaker 3: How they print out their tickets on a black and mile. It's just written in a circle. Around the around the wrapper. I do think Rob, that you're saying something really beautiful here, is that the political climate we live in today will continue to distract us with issues regarding Roe v. Wade, regarding our fucking our rights as free citizens. Right in order to distract us from the fundamental issues that would actually make our lively, our existence safer, better, more inclusive. Is we need to take down the black and mild issues at the airport and not get stuck in all the other political jargon that's meant to distract us.
Speaker 1: I went to a rose garden. There's roses. Every time a new breed of roses come out, they name them something. In the In the fifties, they ran out of just random names and things. They started naming them after actresses. Not a lot of black women have roses named after them. And we can't even talk about that because we got bigger fish to fry. I wanted to rap Henson Rose, come on, but I can't even get to that because there's so much other stuff.
Speaker 2: Because of the pipelines. Pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want angel He was trying to say, come on, Angela. Yeah, right, Viola Davis Rose.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on to Angela. Ye rose. Yeah, we all want that angela yee.
Speaker 1: Come on, you know it starts with three buds and then it just kind of does its own thing.
Speaker 3: And it's a it's not doing good. It's a sick rose. Those other buds, only one of the buzz is doing well, and they don't even seem present anymore. They're kind of checked down.
Speaker 2: That got all woke. The other budd trying to sell me a house.
Speaker 3: He had a real fat flower with him that It wasn't even a rose, it was just that was something sort of dandylion that kind of I.
Speaker 2: Was like, quite frankly, that's a fat ass daisy, and I don't trust it.
Speaker 3: All right, we need to take a break. We'll be back with more rabbayes and more My mamas all make we're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 2: It's sexy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a cooofie on it, since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to ma mama told me dot Merchcentral dot com where you can see all of our merch. You can buy shit pre order now, but December tenth you can buy it for real, for real, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it.
Speaker 2: Look at your name, but said he's a mixed stretcher, He'll stretch on me.
Speaker 1: Holl Ay, Luca.
Speaker 2: We are back with Rob Hayes discussing the health benefits of freaking a black and mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait wait wait what what What was the context of that clip? Is the context?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Secutars you're saying, is there historical context for you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I'm saying, like, what connotation of meat stretching does he mean? Does he mean like like like that in food or or is this it's a clip from a church.
Speaker 2: We all know what kind of meat stretching he means.
Speaker 3: I think I think he certainly, uh, he certainly chose his words. Nobody gave him those words, and I dare say, maybe words.
Speaker 2: The second King's I think he's maybe Paul's letters to the Effusions.
Speaker 1: That's funny. He gets to heaven Jesus like I stretched, bitch, I wouldn't even stretching meat.
Speaker 3: You freestyle that. It's not Bro, you ain't crazy up there.
Speaker 2: I'm not even allowed to.
Speaker 3: You ain't fucking know.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't put a rainbow after that, right. I know.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have interpreted my work.
Speaker 1: You know, are you saying the rainbow's God?
Speaker 3: He's like, he's like, I had to give you one. I had to do a drop real in the sky, Rob. I did some research on your conspiracy theory that I'd love to hear your thoughts on. I want any and every thought you have on this. Other terms, other other practice or suggestions that people make, ways that people describe this practice. They it's also been described as hyping or champing. I don't know if either of you have heard that.
Speaker 1: Champion doesn't even sound like from my culture.
Speaker 2: No, is that like panic cross shoot.
Speaker 3: It felt like either a weird part of the South or maybe Asian. For me, it's got like an Asian quality that feels Filipino.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're the only ones that would smoke blacks, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think Korean dudes are smoking black.
Speaker 3: Now, but.
Speaker 1: That dude, they got his hair like in the little rubber bands to make it like puff up like a Fro video. He smokes black, but not like but he is.
Speaker 2: But that's like purely as appropriation. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, smoking in their heart like they mean.
Speaker 1: Right right right. Yeah, might not smoke them, but he might light them.
Speaker 3: And exactly, he's trying to show us that he knows about Black and Miles more than he has a real affinity for Black and Miles.
Speaker 2: Whereas I think they're Filipino dudes who smoke Black and Miles when nobody's around.
Speaker 3: I think they I think if I were a betting man, I think they might have the biggest Black and Miles purchases on the planet. I would say, I think I bet the Philippines is like it's an epidemic in fucking the Philippines.
Speaker 2: You know, smoking the jazz ones and the.
Speaker 3: And I think they start young out there with that ship.
Speaker 2: Many open on black.
Speaker 3: He was like, what I'm saying, you can't see Manny's smoking a fucking black Yeah, singing. Anyway, I did some research. Champing hyping are both descriptions, or rather ways of describing the same practice, and then I didn't think that I was gonna find a lot. I'll start off by saying this A lot of times, my research doesn't always yield a lot of information, especially for something this sort of like nuclear specific. Right. That said, I ended up bumping into this actual peer reviewed article from the National Library of Medicine. Yeah, that is about this exactly. It is titled Acute Effects of Hyping A black and Mild Cigarello.
Speaker 2: Who wrote this.
Speaker 3: A number of doctors, my man, four different doctors work together to write this. PhDs Melissa D. Blair, Yes, player eight or degree.
Speaker 2: Carol a lot of steepling lately, And I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just didn't know my hands. Yeah, Keith Lee, I'm about doing a review of your sandwiches in Denver.
Speaker 1: Blacky Miles, let's try it.
Speaker 3: What's his deal? Because it used to be like a fighter and now he talks weird but also doesn't talk weird when when real situations happened. What's happening with him.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, he figured out how to how to be a food critic line, and I didn't even know that was the thing. I eat food all the time every day, could have been assigning numbers every goddamn day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he he just like started showing up to restaurants and being like, I'm gonna review this, and now everybody is terrified of him. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 3: It's there's a lot of power out here that we're not accessing. And I think that's a lesson worth learning today. Fellas.
Speaker 1: I like that, that's real.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, Uh, there's this actual peer reviewed article that were written by these these professionals presumably professors, where they asked that exact question, what is the purpose of quote unquote hyping and do the effects actually yield like a healthier experience for people? And they did a test with twenty smokers, nineteen male, one female, which feels statistically correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Only five percent of people who smoke blacks are female.
Speaker 2: I think as many women smoke black and miles as chew tobacco. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, it's it's a rarefy So you know, and so you don't as a woman, you don't want to just go up and be like yeah, And also, can I get one of those black and miles back there?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Now you got to make a choice as a lady, what kind of gal you're gonna be? And fellas, if you're out there and you find a girl who smokes black and miles, hold on her down, hold on to it.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get another one my words, hold my words.
Speaker 3: Didn't be good to her, you'll be a good to her, to those burnt lips. You don't want to go out in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because somebody else is gonna take it. All that apple smoke, but not a lot of reflexes in general, senses are dumb dulled by years of black and smoke.
Speaker 3: She's like, what's the what's the one in street Fighter who's always covered in smoke? She's that, I don't know. We'll move on, fuck it, We'll do it live. But in the research, they asked that question, does freaking the black and miles make it healthier? They said they also had nineteen non Hispanic blacks as part of their study, and one Hispanic quote unquote, other played out as the makeup of this I guess fucking thing, and then all participants reported hyping their cigarettos at least occasionally. Primary outcomes assessed over two thirty minutes smoking bouts included plasma, nicotine, expired air, carbon monoxide, concentration, subject ratings, and puff topography. These were all their measures that they were looking forward to make this a to see if it's a healthier thing with the inhale map. I think so puff makes it a little complicated because I think of the puff coming out and so I'm not sure if that was them meaning taking the puff and what it does inside. Okay, Puff's making a lot of things complicated right now, I wiser words has never been spoken.
Speaker 2: My man.
Speaker 1: It's a rough time to be a woke DJ. I just said that.
Speaker 3: I do like the idea of them stopping down the music and being like, hey, I just want to say, puff is making a lot of things complicated right now.
Speaker 4: But the music's got to live on.
Speaker 2: The art from the artist.
Speaker 3: But that said, they do this study, and one of the things that immediately I sort of zeroed in on inside of this study is a section that basically says that the behavior where they take out the tobacco and instead of just rubbing it together as your boy Vincent did, what they often do is they take out, they removed, the filler is loosened, which I think is what your boy was doing. The filler is dumped out, the inner tobacco binder is removed, and the tobacco filler is dumped back into the leaf wrappers. So yeah, it just becomes sort of a more raw experience without these filters and sort of like liners that are additionally added to keep everything sexy. You know what, Vince might have did it right. I might not have known what I was looking at.
Speaker 1: But now that you say that, I'm starting to see like filters and stuff be removed. Like now I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, no I was. I wasn't paying attention. I was too I was too excited.
Speaker 3: You gotta call him after this and apologize.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just how going asked if he needs any money on his book? No, I think I think this made it out he's straight.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you owe in them apology. That's yeah. Yeah, you did a crazy thing. You accuse this man of mushing black and mild tobacco in his hands and then putting it back and being like go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but in addition filters and stuff we're removed. No what I described it take place, but that that was the only thing that took.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, but yes, it's the remover of the the cancer paper, as it's often sort of like colloquial, colloquially referred to, why take on a word if you can't pronounce it? These are the questions you asked yourself in your hand.
Speaker 1: Someone in the whip did say cancer paper for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And and they you take that cancer paper out, you roll it back up, and now you got yourself. Now you got a stew Now you got the thing you want?
Speaker 2: And what and what did they say?
Speaker 3: Oh as far as the actually I thought maybe you'd have more thoughts on the actual cancer paper, but no.
Speaker 2: You Oh I hate two paper. I hate two paper cigars always. It's why I don't fuck with Dutch masters.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of reasons.
Speaker 1: But sure during the pandemic, I tried to smoke a Philly just because I was like like a titan. Yeah, yeah, just because I was like, well this is what not smoke? When he made ill metic or at least this is what he told us about. Also, it's the pandemic why not. And I've never coughed so hard, Like it was like it was like I smoke for the first time. It was rated.
Speaker 2: Phillies are a brutal Yes, is.
Speaker 3: That just a thick two paper situation.
Speaker 1: It's also like, uh, cigar, so it's like it's also serve and yeah, so now you gotta deal with the whole you know, unraveling of it. Yeah, it's not even a cylinder fun. Yeah, No, it don't sound good.
Speaker 2: Billy is one paper though, it's just the Dutchess are two papers because you.
Speaker 1: But it's one strong paper.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a road up tree bark thing thing.
Speaker 3: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 2: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it. Since my mama told me, and then we have teach just to say proud little mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to ma Mama told me dot Merchcentral dot com where you can see all of our merch. You can buy shit pre order now, but December tenth you can buy it for real, for real, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff. So get it to the question of whether or not it does in fact make things healthier. One published study has compared directly the effects of the cigarette low that is smoked in its original form versus the binder and basically what they said following smoking of their condition assigned product. Expired air carbon monoxide levels were significantly lower for the modified versus the original black and mild smoking. Plasma nicotine levels were increased significantly from pre to post smoking for both black and mild products, meaning they had the smoke twice, one of which was freaked, one of which was not. They said that your plasma did go up, but they're saying that that was specific to the smoking of two fucking black and miles, not because of the freaking of the black and mouths themselves.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, we almost killed you by making you smoke two black and miles, But that didn't have nothing to do with the toxins or anything.
Speaker 1: I like that they call them bouts because you gotta fight.
Speaker 3: You're fighting for your fucking life. Uh. And then additionally the and this is probably the most important sentence inside of this, They said, these results suggest that removal of the inner binder may in fact reduce exposure to stone toxicants. That it it really is probably making it slightly healthier for you to remove the quote unquote cants or paper.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, My question is then, what is the point of the cancer paper?
Speaker 1: The cancer.
Speaker 2: I see?
Speaker 3: I think if I were a guessing man, it probably is more for holding things in place and or being able to roll it faster. On a mass produced level, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They mass produce a lot of like sticks and cigars, even with tips. What's your sweet as tips that don't have double papers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it depends like an extra expense to me, But it depends on when you made your company and how you want to brand it. Right, Like they're how go far does Black and Miles go back? That's kind of can't be before the seventies, right, Black and Miles. Yeah, I bet you Black and Miles were like old pirate shit that like suddenly you know what I mean, Like, I bet they They're a tale as old as time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look it up. Black. You think this is the first time I've Google image that Google searched Black and Mild history.
Speaker 3: The first time.
Speaker 2: No, I do not.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's in the tense.
Speaker 2: The company launched the Black and Miles cigar brand in nineteen eighty. That makes sense to me, that feels okay.
Speaker 3: But we was the original John Middleton was founded as a small retail tobacco shop in Philadelphia and eight course fifty six.
Speaker 2: Of course this has to of course Philadelphia brought this to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all the way in eighteen fifty six, So it's it's it's ancient.
Speaker 2: But eighty is after Freebase. I mean, now you're getting to it. Now, it's getting now, it's like this was even newer. Yeah, yeah, Black Mile, it should have went Firsty.
Speaker 3: You're saying Black and Miles saved some lives and deserves a little recognition.
Speaker 2: I mean, I worry that people got on freebase to get off black and miles.
Speaker 3: Like I just need I need a healthier habit. You can smoking black and mile. I'm gonna free based cocaine.
Speaker 2: I uh so, wait, what's so this is true? Is what you're saying?
Speaker 3: It seems that way that it does that basically freaking it does seem to help it make it healthier. Now, it does not suggest, and I want to be very careful with this, it does not suggest that it makes it a healthy experience. Everything that you both have described has led me to believe that freaked or unfreaked, smoking a black and mild is a bad choice that no one should be participating in that.
Speaker 2: So if you just you found out it's a boy fire one up, I mean yeah, you know what I mean, little sister graduated trade school fire one up. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In football, I survive, you know, maybe I'm just a survival I'm saying. Maybe, you know, like like if you if you've been through the struggle, maybe you could smoke a black a mount or chilling it it really matter. I think when you fly domestic, you should give your I D the TSA. You should give them your board and pass. You should give them your black mouse TSA should have to freak them.
Speaker 2: For you, That's what I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: But I'm back there. I'm always looking at somebody watching what's in the bag. There's somebody feeling what what the alarm went off, and then there's somebody else chilling that person. They probably already know how to freak it, so just let them do what they do on the clock.
Speaker 3: Them freaking for you, freak the black mouth, hand it back to me, uh, the same way you hand me back my ID and and ticket and ship and then let me go and put my stuff on the on the conveyor belt.
Speaker 7: Yeaholans Kan, Yeah, yeah, I think that sounds correct.
Speaker 3: I think I think frankly, our tax dollars are constantly being misused and there's a lot of glaring opportunities that need to be taking advantage of, including freaking black and miles for paying customers.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm pre checked, so my mine should get freaked first, yo. Yeah, I don't have to take my shoes up. You know what I'm saying. I'm going too quicker, So yeah, yeah, priority on min being free. But then everybody else taking the freak too.
Speaker 3: And I and frankly, I want you to freaking even if I am running late for my plane. I don't I want this to move at a reasonable pace. I don't want this to be a thing where I gotta wait twenty minutes to get my ship. Freaked this this needs to come out fast and freaked quick.
Speaker 2: I mean you can't. You can't rush your freak though either gate and let him know you're freaking There we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I hear.
Speaker 2: Your truck right, You're gonna drive you to my gate because it took too long to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just take accountability, is all I'm asking. Well, Rob, it seems like we did it. It seems I feel like we covered this conspiracy there.
Speaker 1: You know, I wish to be in the same place as at some point in my life. Too much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for doing it.
Speaker 3: We'll get some schlager. Will all take one puff of a black and be like, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta keep doing it. You're good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm straight. Yeah no, I'm in uh excruciating pain. Thank you, And I'm gonna cough in my dreams. Hey, I'm.
Speaker 2: Rob.
Speaker 3: Could you tell the people where they can find you and what cool ship you have going on.
Speaker 1: The Inconsistent Podcast with Rob Hayes, available on streaming digital platforms. In season podcasts with Jamel Johnson. We talk about sports, we talk about fashion, and we talk about Shador Sanders pretty much every week, So don't check that out. Hell yeah, he gotta he got a boot on his rolls. You know, we got a report on that.
Speaker 3: You guys are really deep in his journey.
Speaker 1: And Travis Hunters uh YouTube with his girlfriend. Yeah, we're all We're all over it, We're all over it. He's wearing a lot of a lot of onesies.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, you know, I'm just glad he's putting my state on the map.
Speaker 3: Hey man, if you who would have ever thought camera was in Boulder? That is true.
Speaker 1: He set was in Boulders.
Speaker 3: Come on after it was like immediately after he got in a fight with somebody, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I know he had the same clothes on he warn Boulder on Castanett's twenty four Hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah live stream.
Speaker 1: So that Hey, he pushed some denim tears to the limit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn boy, what you got.
Speaker 2: You can come see me January twelfth and thirteenth at Hilarities Comedy Club in Cleveland, Ohio, or January twenty seventh to twenty eighth, you can see me at Capitol Hill Comedy Bar in Seattle. Other than that, go to my Instagram Cool got jokes eighty seven. I'm doing shows around Denver and I'm selling all the leftover merch for the tour. So if you wanted to come out but you didn't get a chance to, you want to buy one of those shirts or one of those hats, go to bring Davidplate dot com and buy it all off. Let me so I can get some good Christmas presents for the children in my life.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, help help Bory get nice Christmas gifts and and frankly, get yourself something nice by buying some of his merch.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: And if you want merch from us, we have march now. My mama told me merch exists. We have cool hats, we got t shirts, we got pins. That's the end of the list. But but that's all nice stuff.
Speaker 2: It's enough for you greedy assholes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the fuck you want us to keep making more stuff? You pieces of ship?
Speaker 2: Why buy what we already have available, you fucking dick.
Speaker 3: God damn it, why fuck take a second, Just take a second and be considerate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ever thought about us and all this? How we damn it?
Speaker 3: Oh, beat your knees if I ever see you. But you can get it all in. My mom told me dot Merchcentral dot com and and the pre sales are up now and the the official sales are flying out December tenth. So it's all very exciting. Get that ship. And if you want to follow me, you can follow me at Langston Herman. And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to tell us your special kind of freaking a black and mile to make it in fact like vegetables, then send it all to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. That's that's all the stuff we needed to say. Bye, bitch, And.
Speaker 5: I ain't my crop chips and your all Quali bears are racist. The host layer hostly money turkey stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't tell me.
Speaker 3: Hey,