Speaker 1: First Day to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Charlie is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Mary, and I'm sorry for you, Charlie. I think Charlie and Mary is a cute name. It's also it sounds like it could be a sitcom name too, Charlie and Mary, Charlie and Mary Thursdays on NBC. Anyway, Charlie with some man, Hey guys, thanks for having us, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For coming on.
Speaker 2: So, before we get into your date with Mary, how long has it been since you talked to her.
Speaker 3: It's probably been I'd say like a week at this point.
Speaker 4: And how many times have you tried to reach out to her.
Speaker 5: Every day?
Speaker 1: Once every day, multiple times every day then at least twice a day. I'd say, Charlie, that feels like a lot. Man, It probably is a lot.
Speaker 3: But I think I probably started doing it more in the last few days because it's like probably the opposite of what I should have been doing.
Speaker 4: Really, So, how did the date go?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I thought it weren't great.
Speaker 3: I mean, we uh, we just went to like a bar, and we had dinner and we were talking the whole time, and really I got a really good vibe from her that she loved it. And yeah, I mean it was honestly one of the best dates I've ever been on.
Speaker 5: So I'm really clueless as to what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll tell us about the date, all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So well, first off, we you know, we met on Tinder, who tender, and then we we chatted for a while and then we decided, uh, like we even talked on the phone a bit, and then we're like, yeah, let's you know, let's let's do this. So I picked this this bar that I really like.
Speaker 5: It's usually a winner.
Speaker 3: And then we had dinner and she told me she enjoyed all of it, which I could kind of get that vibe, and honestly, like we we drank, oh well, we pretty much closed the bar down. Is how the date went, which is already like usually a great sign. And then even better was I walked her out to her car, and I was, you know, keep myself contained the best of my ability to want to you know, make make too crazy of a move.
Speaker 6: But we did make out a little bit, and which was again another home run, and then she said she would text me when she got home, which she actually when.
Speaker 5: She got home, she didn't text me. She called me.
Speaker 3: She called me, and then we spent literally like two a little over two hours just talking on the phone, and it was honestly so much fun, which agreed is just like a great, you know, nightcap to a date. And then before she hung up, she said she'd call me the next day and we decide like where to go from there and the Yeah, that was a week ago.
Speaker 4: It seems like she was into But you said you closed the bar down, So like, on a scale of one to ten, how wasted were you? Guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like eight and a half?
Speaker 2: Okay, So is there anything in that eight and a half part of the date that you can or something happening that might have turned her off?
Speaker 3: I've been honestly trying to remember for like so many hours of the day. I'm just like, what did I do? But I can't really grasp anything. No, no, no, I really feel like it went well and I didn't make a fool myself, I don't think so, Yeah, I got nothing.
Speaker 4: Is there anything from that phone call that could have been a flag?
Speaker 7: I definitely did get a little forward in the phone call and like, you know, instead like oh like next time, like she's just you know, it's got on the rocker world or you know, something stupid, probably like that.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Yeah, I did get a little dirty in the call and that might that might.
Speaker 4: Have done me in.
Speaker 2: Maybe, And you've heard nothing back from her and you've texted her almost every day for a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't heard anything back, no responses. And the last thing I pretty much was staying with dirty talk, so.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I mean you know, I've been there, I've been in your shoes and I felt the same way. I was like that probably is what did it? And I know I never got an answer. So I'm glad you're doing this so we can find out together. I'll just take your answer as mine. Now we'll play on come back and then call her and see why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date in your first day follow up.
Speaker 5: Okay, awesome, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, man, we'll do it next. A little bit of drunk dirty talk might be what did Charlie? And if you're just joining us for your first day follow up, Charlie is on the phone, and he's getting ghosted my woman named Mary for about a week now, and he doesn't know why. We're about to call her, get her on the phone and ask her, and then maybe get him another date if he still wants one. Charlie, Before we give Mary a call, why do you refresh everybody's memory about your date with Mary?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: So now on tender went to a bar, had a great time, closed down the bar, made out at her car, and then when she got home she called me. We dirty talked a little bit, and I haven't heard from her since. So that's pretty much where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we're going to dial her up right now. Are you ready, Charlie, let's do it. Okay, here we go. Hello, I may speak to Mary please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is sure.
Speaker 1: He's calling Mary. How are you? My name is Jewbel, host a radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: Mary, my name is Nina. I'm on the show too.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 5: Are you guys calling about Charlie?
Speaker 1: You're answering a question with a question, But I'll just go ahead and answer your question. Yes, we are.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh over at you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how did you know?
Speaker 5: I mean, why else would the radio show be calling me from like date day?
Speaker 4: You could have won a prize.
Speaker 5: I didn't apply for anything though.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yes it is one of those.
Speaker 2: We do a segment called the First Day follow Up where if you go out on a date with somebody and end up them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And Charlie emailed us about your date. He said he really liked you, but he doesn't know why you're not getting back to him.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I like to think like the bar and the dinner was cool, and you know, I did really like talking to him. He's pretty sexy. He just like really hugged me off. Like later when we got home. When I got home, what happened, Well, so I was going to text him just to say I had a really great time after I got home, but I accidentally slipped with my hand and I actually hit call, so he picked up before I even realized what happened, and then he just started talking to me.
Speaker 4: That's usually what happened to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean he just kept, you know, talking a lot, so I just kind of joined in a conversation like no harm, no foul, Like I did really like talking to him.
Speaker 4: So then what went wrong?
Speaker 5: This is where I got weird. I mean, he started like kind of getting into dirty territory. It was kind of just like a little bit abrupt, like I kept trying to deflect it, but he just kept pushing and pushing and pushing, and then he just wanted phone sex.
Speaker 2: It was just oh wow, So he was like he wasn't just like a little bit. Oh you didn't tell us that part.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, I know we both had a few drinks, but he just kept being very graphic and it really kind of freaked me out. Oh god, I do not remember being that bad.
Speaker 1: Mary. That was actually Charlie. He's actually on the line of this thing. He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, wait, I'm really so that is I didn't know I was that.
Speaker 5: I knew.
Speaker 4: I was like it got bad, but not like that bad.
Speaker 5: Like again I was. I think it was way more drunk than you were, and you were just like, I'll be honest, your voice is really sick.
Speaker 3: You were just really hot and really sexy, and I was very drunk, and we'd already made it out, so it's feeling really really good. So I sincerely apologize. That's super embarrassing. I don't remember being that bad, but if I was, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 5: Charlie. You were asking for some weird stuff. Okay, we don't have to come into it.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do that, you know, we can just forget that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I'll just apologize. I don't even remember what I asked for.
Speaker 4: Look, I was, I was just I was really drunk.
Speaker 5: I promise, I'm not into any of that weird stuff. I'm not a psycho.
Speaker 3: I just I was really hammered and you're really hot, and that.
Speaker 2: Was just hey, you know what, that's it. Yeah, Charlie, do you remember any of the things that you were saying.
Speaker 1: I think it might have involved peanut butter, what what?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Yeah, a few different condiments.
Speaker 4: Actually, Charlie, I want to get I was.
Speaker 5: I was drunk and hungry at the time, I guess, so I'm sorry. I mean, it was entertaining, but it just wasn't exciting to get that you know, close that that quickly hate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I wasn't either, so I I do again, I apologize. I was not in the right mental state at the time. And again, you're very attractive, and to be fair, I'm actually allergic to peanut butter, so I don't know why I was remote.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, and hide sounds pretty bad. I don't want to have to pay you that you are.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's let's let's avoid that.
Speaker 5: So I promised that would ever happen. If you know you ever wanted to go out again.
Speaker 2: Mary, would you like to go with Charlie on another date? We'll pay for it, no con dements.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if there's no condiments, I mean also, who has phone sex anymore? Absolutely? I was way too drunk. We made down the parking lot. You're hot. I was getting way animizable. Yeah, just texting? Can okay? All of that is that's old. I will okay, it's also exciting. Agreed. Agreed.
Speaker 3: Look, if you go out with me again, I promise you I will not phone sex, dirty talk, condiments, peanut butter, any of that.
Speaker 5: I'm hiding the cream, all right?
Speaker 1: So is that yes?
Speaker 5: Mary? Yeah? Yes?
Speaker 1: Congratulation Another date?
Speaker 5: Man, Oh my god, this is the first she was first date.
Speaker 3: Follow up