Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Triste Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, we got a lot popping around the league. We discussed the latest news, including Dame Dalla going out for sixty one, player taking a shot so bad that he gets his teammates ejected, Ruey Hachimurra breaking the Internet in Japan, and we get into some other news around the league, including some tea on the Jamess, Lebron James Junior and Lebron James Senior. Trade deadline approaching. So do me a favor, Nick, and drop that generic ass beat.
Speaker 3: All right, let's start with the little.
Speaker 2: News from around the league while you were sleeping.
Speaker 3: Dame Time, Lillard, Damian.
Speaker 2: LaMonte, Allie Lillard Senior, if you please put on a tray, a sixty piece extra crispy wing tray platter on Utah Jazz and their heads, just ridiculous readonculous, stupid flames. I'm getting text messages with the clock. That's the only thing I'm getting in the text message. Just easy, efficient, one of the best performances I've ever seen. And we talk about Dame Time, right, we talk about that it's the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Usually late in the fourth this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It started late in the third where Dame made the final twenty consecutive points for the Portland Trailblazers.
Speaker 3: He had fifty.
Speaker 2: Points a fifty piece after three quarters of play, one of the very few to ever do that, and the entire game was kind of like just a little kid's fantasy in his backyard. Dame shot what twenty for twenty nine from the field, which is the fourth player in NBA history to get sixty and shoot seventy percent along the way. I will, of course, because he's right underneath the bucket and he's big, and he probably dunked eighty percent of his shots. Karl Malone, who we hate for obvious reasons, David Thompson, who we've talked about recently.
Speaker 3: And that's just the beginning.
Speaker 2: According to the NBA, it was the most efficient sixty point game of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, when he was told about this, hey, uh, this was a crazy game.
Speaker 3: Did you know that this was historic? This is what he said.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I mean, I don't. I usually when I leave here, that's when I check my phone and I have, you know, messages, and people send me stuff or whatever. But I mean, I didn't know that it's a sixty. It's the most efficient sixty point game ever. For real.
Speaker 4: That's my wife felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty same. Maybe let's see, So does this sixty hit you different? That's crazy because I ain't nothing. I mean, I'm just sitting here thinking like I had a shot at the end of the shot clock from half court toward the end that I shot, it probably would have been a little bit better. I had a couple that I missed a free throw. Damn.
Speaker 2: You also tied Jordan.
Speaker 5: With four, which is the third most behind Kobe six and Will thirty two.
Speaker 1: So Kobe's wither, we ain't catching Will. That's up, that's out.
Speaker 4: Dang, that's cool.
Speaker 3: We're not catching Will. No, you're not.
Speaker 2: So he was absolutely stunned, right, and this is what he had to say, pretty much exactly what you would think. I don't want to say that it was easy because they had big bodies and some long defenders out there. But I think usually I get into a groove where I'm just going without making those simple plays and teams start to come after me sooner. But I was kicking it ahead, I was swinging it, so it didn't feel like they actually came after me until the very end. That's why it seemed like the most simple one of all of them, just the most simple sixty point performance of all of them that.
Speaker 3: Dame has ever had.
Speaker 2: So I think the thing that's interesting about this performance is a jumping off point into what Dame has a new name for this type of Dame performance. We've got Dame time, right, but this is something different. Dame refers to this as Dame Space, like space and time. Dame Time is scoring fifty time, Dame Space is scoring sixty on twenty nine shot attempts. Dame Space is something that he must do and is unattainable to do and live there for an entire NBA season because, as he said, you would go crazy. If you were to do that, you would have no life. You would only be preparing for the game.
Speaker 3: Sounds like me. Sound was like, well, my life is like the Dame Space.
Speaker 2: But Portland is gonna need Dame Space because they are in the thirteenth seed. They are two games under five hundred, they have been blowing leads, they're not winning close games, and ultimately players that they should rely on, could rely on have relied on, are no longer reliable, I e use of Nurkic. So in the last ten games, Dame has been an astronaut. He's averaging in the last ten thirty eight points per game, eight point five assists, four point one rebounds with one steal, and he's also limited his turnovers from turnovers.
Speaker 3: Per game to three turnovers per game.
Speaker 2: So his play, even when Portland loses, has been incredible, has been something fun to watch, even in a sad l And you know what I thought about it, long and hard.
Speaker 3: I said it on Twitter last night. I don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't care about Portland winning or losing, because ultimately that makes me sad. What I do care about is watching Dame Space. And if I can get Dame Space, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with Portland being the thirteenth seed and Dame feeling like he has to be Superman and he has to score sixty.
Speaker 3: I am as a better just elated to.
Speaker 2: Know that as long as they're in the dull drums, he's probably gonna be safe to go off for forty pretty much every single night, and they'll set the line at like thirty four and a half. I am just purely happy really to see Dame be Dame again. He remember, he missed almost all of last year with an abdominal injury and surgery. We weren't sure if we were gonna get to see this version of Dame ever again. And now we're getting not just Dame time, but Dame space a whole new level. He came back from that injury and had the ability to, I don't know, defy time, space, gravity.
Speaker 3: When is Dame.
Speaker 2: There's another level coming, Dame Monster, Dame Dinosaur.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's just something that we all need to appreciate the way that teams are blazing out West anyway, we're not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest. The Blazers, they're not gonna compete for anything. Of note.
Speaker 2: You think this team can beat the Nuggets? You think this team can beat the Memphis Grizzlies. No, you think this team could even beat the fully healthy Who's guarding Zion on this team? It's certainly not Irks, not in a sire little no one. No one is stopping Zion on this team. So you have some fun young pieces. You got Jeremy Grant, You're gonna sign him to a long term deal. You're gonna figure out what's going on with anthrety Simons because he may not work long term.
Speaker 3: You've got to figure out how to get Nirk.
Speaker 2: Off the books and then, honestly and then develop the hell out of Keon Johnson and Shade and Sharp and maybe get yourself a lottery pick, because this lottery is gonna be nice. All I care about from now on, and all I think Plazer fans should care about now is Dame space. As long as he's healthy, as long as he's putting up monster games.
Speaker 3: No more negative peeps from me, and honestly, the media should be the same.
Speaker 2: Stop asking Dame when he's gonna grow tired of this organization. Stop asking him that that makes him sad, that makes him question whether he wants to be on this team. Why are you guys pushing Dame to want out? You cover this god forsaken team. You want to see no Dame on this team. You want to get him so mad that he remembers that he almost asked out. Fuck those people, Honestly, you are you are not worth the pen that is in your hand that you write those notes with.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on. Oh we gotta talk about this Warriors game.
Speaker 2: Imagine, imagine taking a shot so bad it gets your own teammate ejected. Think about that that happened in an NBA game last night, and not just any teammate, your star player, one of the greatest shooters, if not the greatest shooter of our generation, Stephan Curry. Stephan Curry was so mad at Jordan Poole last night that he got kicked out of the game automatically. He was so frustrated that he put on these historyonics. He was so bombastic, so showy in his frustration, tossed his mouthpiece across the stadium floor and immediately got sent away.
Speaker 3: And I honestly believe that's something that we need to look at Jordan Poole about. Right.
Speaker 2: I watched Jordan Poole shoot such an egregiously bad shot. Steph Curry was visibly done with him. He was done with the game. He knows that it's an automatic eject and he was like, I'm fucking done.
Speaker 3: I'm done with this kid.
Speaker 2: He kicked out of a rivalry game, right, like a rivalry game that was razor close with a minute to go, a minute to go, Warriors up to and it's just ridiculous. Do you know how bad your shot selection has to be for Stephan Curry to get ejected one out of the only three times that he's been ejected in his career. In eight hundred and fifty nine games, Steph Curry has only been ejected three times, and one of those times was because of you and your poor decision making, which is exactly what happened, right Pool, This is what happened. Pool took a pass with Steph standing on the logo waiting for the ball. Steph's clapping for the ball. Yo, give me the ball, Give me the ball. And what does Jordan Poole do. He chucks a twenty eight footer that had absolutely no prayer of going in. That's Jordan Poolet. Then runs up the court with a look of rage, takes out the mouthpiece and rifles it into the stands. This is not a Steph indictment. This is about Jordan Poole. We need to have a serious discussion about Jordan Poole. And I think for those who have known him since he played at Michigan, he has a nice kid, but he is one of the most infuriating players to ever step on a court.
Speaker 3: This was the perfect example. Fucks up, comes.
Speaker 2: Close to losing the game for you, and then redeems himself with the last minute lay up in order to get you the win. Where you you basically he's the puppy who shit around the house and then all of a sudden comes up to you with his toy late at night and you're like, oh, God, Like, okay, Jordan, I still love you. Yeah, I get into bed. You know that's he wouldn't even glance Steph's way because he just shit in Steph's corner of his bedroom.
Speaker 3: God, Steph ejected, and I like the confidence to Jordan Poole.
Speaker 2: I want to swag swaggy player, but damn you gotta have some situational awareness. Steph is thinking at this point, all right, we've got a Grizzlies team that's tough. They've come back from a fifteen point deficit. We gotta be smart. We got to hit timely shots. We've got to protect the ball because we've lost four games in a row. The season's on the line, and he's thinking all of this. And you know what Jordan Poole is thinking at that point in time, I'm a gunna heat check. That's all he's thinking. I'm gonna shoot this fucking ball right now, Steph. Of course, gracious, this is what he had to say after the game, crucial.
Speaker 4: Time in the game, and the way that our season is going is, you know those questions about the height and says, the urgency of every detail matters, and when you want something really bad, you know, like just getting to win, and then fourth quarter execution, clutch time type situation, you know, all that stuff does matter. So I reacted in a way that obviously put myself out of the game and put the team in a tough place. But the attentions and the energy around what matters in the sense of winning, that's that's what it's about. Thankfully, we all responded, or my teammates responded extremely well. Clay with a big shot, JP with you know, the game winner at the end. The execution was great. We needed that one. So there's a lot of there's a sense of urgency for sure, and kind of let my emotions get in the.
Speaker 2: Way of it, no shit, but let's not get in the way of knowing that JP got in the way of you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I loved Jordan Poole. I met him when he was a freshman, he went to the Final four. He was alert, he was fun, he's well mannered, he's well meaning. There's not a bad bone in his body. I don't think he has any ill intent when he's taking twenty eight footers. I don't think he's spiting Steph Curry. But you gotta know, dude, you are not Steph Curry. You will never be Steph Curry. You gotta be more aware that this team is our dubs are in trouble, and you are a big part of why they are in trouble. For the first time since Ben Simmons was traded, Joel Embiid and the Sixers got to face off against a healthy Ben Simmons and a somewhat healthy Nets team no Kdi and as you might expect, as you might be predicting, shit did get testy.
Speaker 3: Yes it did.
Speaker 2: It got testy so fast in what turned out to be a really good game. Actually, even though the Sixers went up big at first, tons of hard fouls, borderline cheap shots, Sixers blow a a twenty two point lead at one point, Nets come roaring back. Nick Claxton was awesome, Kyrie was really good. Even Ben Simmons hit some really big shots down the stretch. Game ended one thirty seven, one thirty three with the Sixers actually getting the dub.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The game had forty five fouls, seven technicals, six on players and a seventh on a delay of game penalty that led to sixty three free throws. If you are one of those people in your rocking chairs and you're praying and hoping for throwback basketball, that was it, folks. You got it. It was physical, it was nasty, it was feisty. And Ben and Joel I think it is clear now despite what they say, because they do tell us that, oh, we didn't like we were friends, but like we didn't have any problems with they. No, they don't like each other. That is big facts. They have a full blown rivalry now on our hands and me put me personally, oh I love it. I could not get enough of it. When asked about the rivalry during the game, Joel Embiid, as per usual, did not disappoint. He said when asked what he felt playing against his old teammates, I felt nothing. Just like every single night, I'm trying to just fucking kill whoever is in front of me. My mentality is always about scoring. If I get doubled, make the right pass. If I get played one on one, or I see an opportunity to go score, I am going to go score. I don't know that I've ever heard Joel Embiid say he wanted to fucking kill someone on a court. Uh so this feels not the same as normal matchups. Go kill whoever you want, Joelle, but just just know that that's not the same energy that you bring every single night. So he posts up on Ben three times, he missed the shot, once, he got fouled, a second time, he got stripped a third. But there was some extra beef going on between the teams. Joel had more aggression, more power, more something against Ben, and at one point Embiid took a full run down the paint.
Speaker 3: Ben Simmons made a business.
Speaker 2: Decision to step aside, and Joel Embiid dunked the ball, hammered it home, hung on the rim an extra second. Then he twisted around and stared down Ben Simmons.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: He then shift Ben in the back early in the game as well. So the things that are happening between Brooklyn and Philadelphia they are real. This is a new beef that is going to happen and continue as long as Hard and Embiid or on the sixer and as long as Kyrie and Ben Simmons are on the nets.
Speaker 3: It is real.
Speaker 2: Harden does not like Kyrie. We know that he wanted out of Brooklyn because of Kyrie. Kyrie does not like Harden. They were going at each other in practice one on one, lots of nastiness going on between the two.
Speaker 3: Embiid and Simmons.
Speaker 2: We know they very much didn't like each other as teammates. And now the two teams are battling for the position and the playoffs are battling for the top four. They're battling for a playoff series, and I hope they see one another in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Don't you.
Speaker 2: Watching Ben and Joel Embiid square up seven times of Ben Simmons revenge spot. That's the kind of NBA we need. That's the kind of NBA I am looking for. Moving on, I don't know if you've heard about this, because it's relatively new. There's this there's this new technology call called chat GPT.
Speaker 3: It's AI. You can get it to do anything for you.
Speaker 2: You can get it to write papers for you, you can get it to write a script for you. You can get it to make arguments about why villains are actually the heroes and movies. There's all kinds of tiktoks being made about it. It's blowing my mind. But what I know about chat GBT, based on what I have heard, is that very clearly it infiltrated the NBA two nights ago.
Speaker 3: That is true. How do you know?
Speaker 2: Because they're not sentient beings, right, these AI creatures, these robots, and you know when you come across someone who's not a robot, you know what's human and what's not human. We speak a certain way, right, and when you see and hear this, you will know that this is not a normal interaction between reporter and player. So Russell Westbrook was asked some questions after a very disappointing loss. Turn the ball over late, everyone's giving them a hard time. They played the Clippers, they lost by fifteen or so, and then this young woman that we did not get to see her face, did this.
Speaker 5: First of all, congrats, congrats on making the twenty four thousand points much Yeah, tonight, you use impressive dribbling skills to successfully fake out your opponents multiple times, and in the second quarter you made a jump shot where your body was turned like one hundred and eighty degrees away from the basket. It was just an amazing shot. You're always making these spectacular moves with just within a split second. Do you anticipate doing them or is it just a second nature to you? Like do you just not even have to think about it?
Speaker 2: Paul's his answer does not matter. That's not a person that's either. Okay, so it could be a person that chat GBT wrote that script for her. But this is a plant. This is a thousand percent a plant. There's two explanations, right, So she's a plant.
Speaker 3: Is the first one. Doesn't this seem rehearsed? Is she a friend? Do they know each other? He was ready, he was smiling.
Speaker 2: Impressive dribbling skills to successfully fake out your opponent. Those words have may have never been strung together ever in life before. That is a gentle question that only an NBA TNT Kids reporter would ask, or somebody that you're just friends with. It's like when Kristin Lemlow gets Lebron James for an interview.
Speaker 3: Oh Today, Lebron.
Speaker 2: You were wearing your Lebron twenties, and it looked like you were extra explosive and successfully faking out your opponent. On the other hand, though, the other potential explanation is this chat GBT idea getting more and more sentient by the moment, I robot style infiltrating the Lakers pressers, because this silence sounds exactly like the question that you would have when you input or have data, and that's what it spits out. Hey, help me ask Russ a question that would make him happy and in a good mood, and that's the kind of question that chat gbt would spit out. Probably one of the craziest exchanges I've ever seen in a press room. And I am not, if anything but intrigued about who she is who. We didn't get to know her outlet name, we didn't get to know her name, we didn't get to.
Speaker 3: See her face.
Speaker 2: Apparently her name is Julia McIntyre and she covers a Lakers for News for You Online, which, let's be honest, probably got put up and made four days ago.
Speaker 3: By chat gbt.
Speaker 2: Like it has exactly two hundred and fifteen followers on Twitter.
Speaker 3: She's just out of college. If this is a plan to go viral, I am. I am proud of her.
Speaker 2: If she's only twenty two years old and she's hitting you with the successfully used your ball handling skills to fake out your opponent, nothing but success I hope for her. I'm still not one hundred percent convinced that she's not Ai, though. I'm gonna need to see real blood come out of her body in order for me to not say, huh, you gotta watch it again. Don't just take my advice. Don't just take my word for it of the sow that we just played. Go on TikTok and google it, because his reaction is priceless. All right, let's talk a little bit more about the Lakers. So moving on, Rui Hachimura. Rui Hachimura broke the Internet. So this is probably one of the stories I could not have seen coming. I did not see it coming, and it does now make some more sense why the Lakers may have made the trade that they did. Well, it all comes down to one thing, which is money, and we know Genie Buss does not have a lot of it.
Speaker 3: She's one of.
Speaker 2: The poorest billionaires you've ever met. She has that is her only stream of income, and she's doing whatever that she can to keep this little family business alive. And now it makes sense why they would value the Japanese big man as much as they did so following the trade from Washington, which is the doldrums of relevancy, right, No one cares about what's happening here, not even c Span. There's what's happening here, and they're covering this place twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: But Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: The Japanese streaming service NBA Rakutin, they love some Lakers Rui Hachi Mura. It happens to be the only streaming service for the NBA in the in Japan, and they immediately scheduled all of Rui's games so that all of Japan could watch him play immediately. Of course, it's the Lakers, right, so half of the country probably wanted to watch the best basketball player on the in the in the world, right, Lebron James. And then you've got Russell Westbrook. He's quite enticing as well. Their game started at twelve thirty pm Tokyo time, and you know what happened.
Speaker 3: Predictably, the whole damn thing came crashing down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the entire streaming service melted into a oblivion ten minutes before tip off. They could not handle the bandwidth that Ruey Hachimura, Lebron, James Russell Westbrook and probably Dennis Shrewder International German Phenom ended up.
Speaker 3: Bringing to the table.
Speaker 2: An entire country tuned in to catch Ruey Hachimura. Who I told you, I told you he is on bags of chips all over Japan. Just know he's popular over there. And all they got when they tuned in was a four to one four era.
Speaker 3: That's what they got.
Speaker 2: According to Basketball News Japan, with only ten minutes left before the game started, the country only the country's only official streaming service, NBA Rakutin went down. NBA rakoton nut offered free YouTube streams to the local audience starting at approximately the nine minute mark in the second quarter.
Speaker 3: That's a rough look.
Speaker 2: That is a rough look for the first game to see Ruey Hachimura. You went from streaming service it collapsed to now you're putting the thing on YouTube TV. I think the game just finished like ten minutes ago. The YouTube TV lag is so far behind live action. Have you ever tried to watch YouTube YouTube TV sports? YouTube TV. I had to pay so much money just to get back on track because Twitter would be two three, four, five minutes in front of me in my stream. If you got bad Internet, it's even worse. So if you're the Lakers, money is coming, baby, Ruey Hachimura is gonna be very profitable for you. I saw Hang Chu, who is a female basketball player for the New York Liberty. She's six', Eleven she's From, china sat next to a bunch of people who flew in From beijing just to watch her. Play watch what happens for Rui Ichuru suzuki single handedly kept The Seattle mariners a float for like fifteen. Years so Maybe Ruey hachimura is the, uh is the panacea to all all of the issues for The. Lakers he's going to become a cash cow For Janie, buss whether he thought he would or. Not SO i eat Up Michael jordan's. STORIES i can't get enough of. THEM i need to know everything that goes on inside of his crazy head and all of the decisions that he. Makes he is not just the, goat but also what makes him more interesting is that he's certifiably.
Speaker 3: Insane he's just it just.
Speaker 2: Does ask Former hornets and current sons Big Man Bizmack. Biambo he was the number seven pick in the twenty eleven. Draft he ends up with The Charlotte bobcats on draft.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 3: Right he played In charlotte.
Speaker 2: From twenty eleven to twenty and fifteen and then actually again from twenty and eighteen to twenty twenty. One so he's been Around jordan a, lot we could probably say. So according To, Bismack jordan would regularly murder current players in practice for no. Reason Bis mack said, This Michael jordan would come into practice and just play one on one with players and then just kill. HIM i, REMEMBER i think T Rob Thomas robinson played for The, bobcats and he would just tell him how how lesser of a player he.
Speaker 3: Was Michael. Jordan.
Speaker 2: Pause keep in, mind at this, time he is fifty five fucking years, old busting the ass is of twenty year old players regularly for no reason, whatsoever just to break their spirit on the team that he. Owns So bismck, continues he, Goes mike Is Mike. Man i've seen him play one on one with players after, games one on, one just taking him. Out so this was PROBABLY i think seven eight years, ago seven eight years, ago he would come into practice and just play one on one and just kill him one hundred. PERCENT i didn't even think he could still move like. That what a psycho, like what a psychotic. Person you come in and you disparage and break down the players that play for the team that you own that you want them to have confidence and. Succeed and also he still is so physically, gifted he could probably still.
Speaker 3: Play good minutes for The Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Hornets it probably could, play probably could step in For LaMelo ball When LaMelo ball twists like seventeenth consecutive. Ankle bismack continued with, THIS i think somebody DURING covid actually challenged him because we had a phone call and he, Said, okay give me a couple of.
Speaker 3: MONTHS i just need to get in.
Speaker 2: SHAPE i don't need to run and all, that but just give me a couple of months And i'll be ready.
Speaker 3: For one on. ONE i wouldn't suggest anyone take him up on, that he.
Speaker 2: Said could you imagine sixty year OLD mj just giving buckets To Kelly lubra just giving buckets To Terry, rosier just and shit talking him the whole time about how trash they.
Speaker 3: Are, yes, YES i. Can he is.
Speaker 2: Insane no other player short Of kobe And, lebron probably not Even, lebron, honestly probably Just. KOBE a hundred years from now we will be discovering new tales About Michael jordan because everyone is. True everyone is more crazy than the, last AND i don't think anyone can get enough of. Them All, right let's talk About Bronnie james.
Speaker 3: Lastly he's still in high school and we've.
Speaker 2: Talked about him multiple times, before but he's lighting the basketball world on fire and his play is getting. Better But i'm not really talking about. That i'm talking about all of the where Is.
Speaker 3: Bronnie james going to school?
Speaker 2: Rhetoric and now he has narrowed his choices down to three, Schools Ohio, State, oregon AND usc probably now Just oregon In Ohio. State but The athletic just dropped a massive think PIECE i think it's their third one this year On Bronnie. James so they know where their bread is. Buttered they know That Bronnie james moves a, needle but they are detailing the dilemma that he faces in picking a. College the, problem as the article points, out is that if you Get, bronnie you probably.
Speaker 3: Get the whole.
Speaker 2: Circus there's no like you just don't Get bronnie and then nothing. Else you're not getting him as a. Player you're getting every game on NATIONAL, tv all of the media in the, world all of the scrutiny On.
Speaker 3: Earth it's catch twenty.
Speaker 2: Two as for, me as An oregon, FAN i have zero interest In Bronnie. James we are not ready for that level of. Smoke we are not ready for every single game on NATIONAL.
Speaker 3: Tv what if he doesn't perform?
Speaker 2: Well what if your team as, Imperformable what if his season is a train. Wreck what if you're not playing him and you're? Losing and how many games is Lebron james gonna go? To how many is going to show up? To how is that going to impact the fans that go to that? Game probably a. Lot is Lebron james junior worth the? Headache The athletic surveyed eight anonymous college, coaches and one of them had some real things to. Say the expectation doesn't match the talent, level or at least not, yet and that is where it gets.
Speaker 3: Messy. Hmm the expectation.
Speaker 2: Doesn't match the talent, level and that is where it gets messy On one coach said he couldn't even get on the phone With Bronni james because it was gonna take an incredibly long time in order for him to be able to even reach out to his mom or HIS pr Team, James let's be.
Speaker 3: Honest is he a top forty.
Speaker 2: Player he's, improving but there are probably ten players at his position in his own class rated higher than. Him all eight coaches, said as it, stands the ones that were, pulled he would not start on their teams or any likely twenty five top twenty five program in the. Country he can, ball but he is not a, starter according to those eight, coaches and it's probably too much to ask An All american play style from a, freshman, Right you're probably going to sit him at least a little, bit but he's not going to be a four year. Player so what are we really talking about With Bronnie. James we're not Getting Kid cunningham out Of Bronnie. James another coach said This bronnie, is in essence a four star player with a five star. Name if it were a no, brainer he'd be signed By duke by, now it would be done Or. Kentucky there's a reason he's not going To. KENTUCKY i don't know if that's. True, HONESTLY i don't know if THAT'S i actually think that's one hundred percent. WRONG i think If bronnie wanted to be At, kentucky he would be At. KENTUCKY i Think bronnie is trying to find the best branding place for him where they trust the coach and that the coach will prioritize him being on the. Court they will allow him to make mistakes early and play through, them rather than being Like Dan hurley and benching his players every time they do something. Wrong is there programs that would concede something like. That, yes we just said there's three programs that are on his list now that he's narrowed it, DOWN, Usc Ohio, state And, oregon which happens to be my alma. MATER i can feel, that or he will be An Oregon duck in my. BONES i can feel. It he's already A nike. Athlete it makes already so much. Sense And braun, said he's already spoken To Dana altman and he knows that there is mutual. Interest AND i believe two. Things, One Bronnie james is won and. Done he's not going to sit around and wait For Lebron james to collect dust while he's seasoning in the college.
Speaker 3: REALM i think he's going to be in and. Out And.
Speaker 2: Lebron james is set a timetable. Right the most important thing of all For lebron is to play With. Bronni bron's contract with The lakers is up the same year That bronni is eligible for the. Draft do you Think Lebron james is going to extend with The lakers And bronni is just gonna hang out At Ohio state for a second.
Speaker 3: Year, no absolutely. Not the athletic.
Speaker 2: Thinks no one Thinks bronni is actually a one and done, player nor does his current recruiting. Rank only one college freshman selected in last YEAR'S Nba draft ranked below twenty third as a high school, Prospect Baylor's Jeremy, sohan who played high school ball In europe because OF, Covid and as Stephen a, said always, says AND i get all, that but that also brings me to my second. Point it doesn't really matter what his ranking, is it doesn't matter what. Bit he's a first rounder because his dad is included in this first round.
Speaker 3: Package that's.
Speaker 2: It if he was not connected To Lebron james in any, way, yeah he'd probably Be Josh. Hart but if he gets drafted by The, rockets Call lebron the Next Kakim eliju, one the Next. Rocket great the circus will come to town and it will be big dump trucks full of. Cash we've never seen a duo like this IN nba history, before and especially one really revolving Around Lebron, james the greatest player of his, generation most POPULAR nba player on the. Planet AND i don't even think we can probably predict the, ratings. Right could you imagine a sponsored prop bet For lebron And Bronni. James that'd be. Chaos could you imagine the? Ratings can you imagine the features that they're going to. Do he's not the ordinary recruit because we've never seen a situation quite like this. BEFORE i cannot end the show without talking About Lebron James. SENIOR i can't IF i talk About. JUNIOR i have to talk About senior because that's how he wants it. Well On tuesday, Night lebron pulled a malice in The palace In Los. Angeles he was ready to scrap against a, pedestrian a random civilian sitting in the.
Speaker 3: Stands things could have gotten. Ugly what.
Speaker 2: Happened so he's walking off the court at halftime and At crypto Dot com arena and a guy Heckles. Lebron what does he say To Lebron. James he says, This Hey, Bron Hey. Bron he says it from a floor, seat by the, way which is. Crazy you better get your shit. Together and then he hits him with, that with that receding ass. Hairline you better get your shit, together with that receding ass hairline of.
Speaker 3: Yours oh my, God oh, No lebron. Stopped you can see.
Speaker 2: It he lets it sink, in and then he rushes the heckler with blackness in his, eyes like the kind that my dog gets when she's ready to attack me in the middle of the night BECAUSE i pet her the wrong, way Like bron had to get held back from coming after a. Pedestrian and then the as this heckler is ushered, out he, goes, yeah look at.
Speaker 3: Him he mad you?
Speaker 2: Sick right, now there's there's only one thing that one can gather from this.
Speaker 3: One barkley has a good. Idea he said.
Speaker 2: This he said that every player should get A hall pass and beat one fan's. Ass and that's probably one of the best ideas That i've ever. Heard but what we know is also The lebron has a sensitive. Area he has a touchy, spot something that gets him riled. Up and unfortunately That's india just keeps moving back and back and back every every. Year just a couple more. Inches that's all the time that we have for the eat. Check come Back, monday which Means tuesday for you for an all new episode. Episode trade deadline is less than three weeks. Away do not forget to follow us On twitter At Trista crik and at this heat check on.
Speaker 3: TikTok please tell.
Speaker 2: Your, friends find me On Instagram Trista Underscore crik as, well and we'll see you next.
Speaker 3: Time