Speaker 1: The following he is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Christie Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutcheson, and Jess Navares.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hella, whoa, my microphone was away from me.
Speaker 4: Yall today, I'm just gonna let me start like this.
Speaker 2: Welcome in to Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigs Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, right here in the SWBC studio. I'm Nicole. I just sent alongside.
Speaker 4: I should have just turned the whole chair.
Speaker 2: Hey day.
Speaker 5: And that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was really gonna let me talk away from the marcrophe.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it. I was trying to hold hold up my own life over here on this chair, trying to prove a point. It's just like my favorite.
Speaker 5: It's my fault. I just take the blame.
Speaker 4: It is, okay.
Speaker 5: How y'all feeling, ladies good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a spent a week, honestly, especially with a game like this. I'm just being honest, it's been hard to yeah, pull yourself up and everything, but just finishing strong today and look at what a dub I can imagine.
Speaker 2: That's how the guys kind of feel too. It's just hard to like get up and be like, we got a game on Sunday.
Speaker 6: I asked one of the guys about that, and they said, it really just depends on the circumstances, especially to it.
Speaker 5: I guess it does matter to.
Speaker 6: Players to player because some players are playing to stay elevated.
Speaker 5: Some players are.
Speaker 6: Staying to continue to get snaps. So even small like even games where we're just like, oh this is this is a one in eight team, whatever the case may be, the matchups are favorable, there's others. There's gentlemen that have certain things that they need to do, you know, to trend in the right direction. So also to we talked about it, these last these next three games are so pivotal to uh, playoff contention and stuff like that. So it seemed like a week, but it's not a week.
Speaker 5: It's important still, you know, it's.
Speaker 6: Division, it's also conference game, so it's important.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sugar, sorry a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we also have some great news again, everyone was full participant except for Tyrone Smith. But that's something that we should we should expect for the rest of the season. Just making sure that he's staying healthy again. Like you mentioned yesterday, Michae McCarthy said that this was his best game last weekend in the weekend before that.
Speaker 4: Just giving him that rest.
Speaker 5: He looks really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, keep him healthy, keeping fresh about got you take them. And and here's the thing, we really do get to see what these guys do in practice. And I don't take it for granted at any point, but when they were indoors, I believe it was last week and Tyrone was working out on the side and I think he was listed with an illness. At that point, we were like, Okay, you know, he's taking he's taking a rest days, probably gonna come up on the report, is not participating. And then all of a sudden, you hear just like this smash and we turned the side and he's there just wrecking that big metal thing that they do their like warm ups with, and we're like, he's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So even if you see veteran rest day on those practice reports, I think it's just so important to remember that it doesn't necessarily mean he's not being productive, like Tyrone's not sitting there just being like what's going on on Twitter? Like he's not doing that. Like, these guys still have a job to do and they still work. And when you talk to him and you see his work ethic and the intensity that he works with, it's very purposeful. So even when he's taking these veteran rest days, guarantee he's not just sitting there doing nothing, whether it be you know, exercising his mind or anything like that. So how these players operate still their job. But yeah, good news with the practice report today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also in locker room, I know you guys got to talk to a couple of guys who do.
Speaker 5: Y'all want to touch on first?
Speaker 2: I kind of leave it open to you guys.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: You go first first? I mean I talked to in the locker room.
Speaker 6: Please, interesting stuff I had the uh I touched base with Cavante Turpin obviously was babe. I don't know what's what's in the water, but he must be built different, you understand, because I seeing that injury and even going back in the film and seeing the way he got hit you. For him to be able to bounce back and be able to be in practice is important. He's becoming an element of this offense that I think is good when when they use him. But I will say I was talking to him about the punt thing that we kind of touch based on yesterday, and he gave me some.
Speaker 5: Clarity about the situation.
Speaker 6: He said that even though you know, some of his kicks are the the punter for uh, the Panthers, Decker Decker, I think it's Decker, my bad.
Speaker 5: I should know because I did it.
Speaker 4: You're looking at you this morning. Yeah, it's okay, get yeah, Yeah, we got Chans punter.
Speaker 6: Hecker, Hecker, Hecker Hecker touch base with him about Hecker. He told me that even though some of his kicks are not within the ten, or they're not inside the ten, it doesn't mean it's not impactful because the way he's kicking the ball. We've learned that with Christy he's telling He told me that what they're doing is that they're kicking the ball very high and that allows the punt you know, covers team to get down there and it and also too, he said it it depends on how the ball spends how they and so there's just other factors that play into getting good returns. But he did acknowledge that, yes, like they when when they are punting a lot, there are more opportunities for you to have good returns. And I definitely foresee them punting the there's punting a lot this week, So looking for some good returns, looking for some good starting field position, which is something I think the Cowboys are starting to improve on because starting in your own eight five whatever has just that there's not when you talk to people, and I'm sorry to just go so long, but.
Speaker 5: When you talk to some people, there's not a lot of plays.
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of plays that are designed for being backed up in your end zone. There's just not like your playbook gets cut in half like a lot when you're that backed up. So with them getting good starting field position, you can see that the offense flourishes more when they're not pinned and their own end zone.
Speaker 2: But with that though, even though they haven't had to have long field situations in the past games, you can now trust that this offense can drive downfield. Yeah, so that's also a really positive.
Speaker 6: Thing, and I think Dak meant actually on the side of the sideline. I believe he says something like see a ninety two yard drive or something like that like that, and yeah, and again I'm always gonna ask for a short field because the thing about the NFL and we've seen is that teams, when they teams make you go to the length of the field, they're betting on the fact that you're gonna make a mistake. There's gonna be a hold, there's gonna be a penalty, or something of that nature. So shorter fields just lessen the opportunity to have those mistakes, and it's just always beneficial for your offense to get as close as possible to the opposite end zone.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, special teams matters. They talked about it over and over, and I think with terp especially, we don't necessarily know anything that's gonna happen yet, but it is a good indicator that he is back in practice. We saw him at practice this morning taking punt returns and just I used to stand next to me, she goes, is that man bionic? I mean, he definitely just has. You wouldn't know that this man was injured and not playing the weekend before based on what we did get to see in practice today and so it's also are going to be very interesting. So you're talking about field position, but something that I'm keeping a very close eye on in this game, and I know, beating a dead horse, but penalties and Mike McCarthy, Mike McCarthy talked about it this morning, is asking you know, how can you how can you kind of ensure a road win because this team does need one, And he said, first, it starts with cleaning up penalties. Sorry, you're getting constracted. Uh, let's see and sorry lost my train of thought.
Speaker 5: Penalties by McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Nope, it's gone. Oh it's back in the station, all right, train is back here talking about cleaning up penalties, and then he said, how I thought this was an interesting little nugget for McCarthy too, as he talked about the beginning of the game being the most vital, especially in the road games, because that's when the crowd is the loudest, that's when everyone's the most hyped. Everything's kind of equal playing field at that point, and then you kind of go from there. But he did say they are expecting a lot of Cowboys fans at this game, so if y'all are over there in Carolina thing.
Speaker 2: And this is actually like a homecoming for Jalen Brooks. We don't know if he'll actually, you know, get some playing time. Hopefully he does. And when I got to talk to him today, I asked him, like, for games like these, when you're hoping to you know, get some playing time, like last week, I said, how do you handle like the ups and downs because in the off season, right he made a name for himself and then was activated, didn't really get any touches, and then now you're finally getting your first career reception. And so he was like me and the other guys like Deuce, you know, we really stick together. We kind of help each other and like moments like these. But he's like, it'll be my homecoming, Like I know my family's gonna be there, so I'm hoping to at least get some playing time. But he was like, probably won't find out until like two hours before.
Speaker 4: But it's okay. And I'm like, it's okay, you got this, but no, I mean forgot. He's a really good one. He he caught our eye in training camp. He was somebody that we were talking about back in training camp. And getting to talk to him now here. Just such a good, humble guy. He's the kind of guy that he understands what his role is and this team. He understands to take advantage of those opportunities when he does get them, and you hear that a lot, especially in terms of younger players that are in a stacked room. I mean, there's a lot of guys ahead of him that are going to get the ball first. And so for him to make such an impact with the limited opportunities that he has had up until this point, I think speaks a lot about where he's at now, the growth he's made since he's gotten here, and the projection that he can make if he continues on that path. So, yeah, I'm glad you brought him up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no problem, that's a JB boy.
Speaker 2: But no, let's go ahead and talk about this game. We got a question asked earlier in the week. We didn't really I don't think we really answered that question. Well, we kind of want on Twitter.
Speaker 5: On a little bit, the one on Twitter? Do we feel like this is a trap game? I know, I hate that term so much. It's okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like that word either, But do we feel like it.
Speaker 6: No, because again, like touching basements, quite a few of the guys in the locker room, especially even here Micah talk about the Cardinals game and what happened there and you know, be it on the road.
Speaker 5: It seems like they understand that they can't do that again.
Speaker 6: And he mentioned the bad taste that it left in their mouth and everything and what it felt like to be you know, dominated in that way. So it's like, no, But also to to circle back to, you know, playoff contention and seating and stuff, is this ain't that time? Like you have to lock in during this time. These games right now are so pivotal for the overall success, but also to continue the train, you know what I'm saying, Like they've started finding success offensively and stuff.
Speaker 5: And you mentioned it yesterday.
Speaker 6: Just I love that you did when you mentioned that, Mike, that they didn't take the foot off the gas. And Mike McCarthy talked about that in the presser that when they have had these games where the third quarter was dominant and then they ended up sitting guys in the fourth quarter, the offense did nothing for the rest of the game, and so he said he wanted these guys to continue to play hard and continue to be productive because.
Speaker 5: You know you're gonna need your young guys down the stretch.
Speaker 6: I mean, they got the fresher legs, just keep it a buck, and so you're gonna need those guys to be contributors.
Speaker 5: So for me, they don't have room to be like, oh, we.
Speaker 6: Chilling, Like no, you gotta go take care of this thing because losing to the Eagles, and losing to the forty nine ers and losing to the Cardinals has put them in a position to where they control their destiny.
Speaker 5: They have to well they have.
Speaker 6: They control it, but then there's some other things that have to happen as well.
Speaker 5: So they need to just be focused on winning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't necessarily, I don't think it's a track game so so much. Yeah, but also, I mean when you look at this Panthers team offensively, they struggle. We know that defensively, they don't struggle as much as people are trying to make it seem like. Defensively. This is gonna be a good challenge to continue to see a few things from this Cowboys offense, whether it be ball distribution, play calling, scheming, things, especially when in terms of establishing a run. I think this is another really important game and kind of looking at the progression of how the season has come to be, and when you had the Giants last week, which was a favorable matchup for the run, and then this one again it works in the Cowboys favor to get that established within these next two weeks as you progress forward for the rest of the season, going forward with that schedule, and so I mean, no, it's not a trap game. It's if you go in there, you take care of business. You determine how loud the stadium is going to be, go fix up the silent count, which you know they do. They were doing the ball drills outside today, of the wet ball drills just in case they the tide ends. Told me they do that every time it's going to be outdoors, just in case, get their hands a little cold, get it wet, so that way they're prepared for really any kind of weather condition that can come. So no, I think if you play a clean game and keep possession of the football, no fumbles, no interceptions, all of that goes into play. Use this game as your springboard to continue what you've been doing. I don't think it necessarily. Yeah, I don't see it being in trap game.
Speaker 8: I think we all hate the word trap game.
Speaker 2: I just feel like at the rate that these guys are playing now and the confidence that they have right now with them themselves, I don't think it's a trap game only because I don't think there's anybody that can stop this team right now themselves other than themselves self inflicted wounds like penalties like Jess said earlier, mistackles, misassignments like you mentioned yesterday. That's the only thing that can really stop this team. And I feel like that's something that Dak even has really touched on. They need to just run their own race, yes, and I like that model for this group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think there's a team with the way that these guys are playing aggressively offensively and discipline.
Speaker 5: Defensive, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a team.
Speaker 4: That can stop this team, So hopefully they can carry it over. It's far.
Speaker 5: Let's go ahead and take our first break. I'm sorry, I'm gonna go hand take our first break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: You' watching girls, tog Boy, stop person about Jigsaw.
Speaker 4: The preferre dating part of the Dallas Cowboys, We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing.
Speaker 4: Ice cold Coola a journey to food jopia. Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who'll put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: That's not a stupid question.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year. Go help our guys Sean out. Yeah yeah, Team Sean.
Speaker 5: Yes, Team Sean. If you're listening to you, sorry, we're here.
Speaker 4: Team Sean to want our guy to way he say, I don't.
Speaker 6: Even know what is man, I'm just playing Sean.
Speaker 4: We are Team Sean. All right, ladies, still talking about this offense.
Speaker 6: He oh, he's a service, he's a firefighters.
Speaker 5: He's he's a on front lines. He's important, period. Respect.
Speaker 4: Go vote for him him logging right now, let's see dot com slash. Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are a team Sean repeating it. Back to this offense, Cowboys offense. We were kind of talking a little bit about it off camera.
Speaker 5: People that are listening.
Speaker 2: Yes, but something like along the lines of what I mentioned yesterday was that the Cowboys' staff is starting to know their personnel. And when you talk about this offense, you know, I issue you're pointing out how they're starting to line be cooks inside the slot. Do you feel like he's more effective in the slot on the edge.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if it's the effectiveness.
Speaker 6: I feel like it helps with spacing and also to Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 5: Ceede Lamb's done a lot.
Speaker 6: Of work in the slot because you're finding favorable matchups in the slot.
Speaker 5: Brandon Cooks is going to be a.
Speaker 6: Favorable matchup because he's so speedy and it's really a struggle for linebackers or even some corners to be able to get their hands on him. So he's getting more free releases and things like that. But it also too is because of how cover just being dictated to Cede Lamb and when Ceede Lamb's at the X again, it opens things up spacing wise, and it allows these guys to do more work in.
Speaker 5: The intermediate routes and stuff.
Speaker 6: A lot of this has to do with Jake Fergus and also coming along as well, so but I think a lot of it is just the fact that they see CD can work inside outside. He's been able to do that, but they're doing it more now and the way that people are rolling coverage it allows Brandon Cooks to be able to do more on the intermediate size of things. But there's just favorable matchups for a speedy guy like that, because I mean if you have a nickel safety maybe like you got a linebacker on.
Speaker 5: This guy, it's curtains. It's curtains.
Speaker 6: And even if you do have a nickel corner that can cover him, there's still ways you can create more conflict and get him open, you know, with r browts and and you.
Speaker 5: Know, crossers and stuff like that, as opposed to.
Speaker 6: On the outside typically is you go in, which is what ced limbs allowed to do. So if they're just finding ways to get him the ball, and it just kind of speaks to them, like you said, figuring out their guys, but also to there was an effort to get him involved. What's gonna happen is it's going to help you on film too, because people are gonna be like, dang, they're putting Brandon Cooks in a slot too. Their interchange CD and him. It puts a lot of stress on your defense as well. So hopefully they continue to do things like that and open up this this passing offense.
Speaker 2: Who else do you feel can be I guess interchange within that slot position.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously Fird can do some work there. Turpin, I would love to see Turpin do some slot work. I mean we've seen him do a little, but he any guy that's fast is going to exhaust people in the slot.
Speaker 5: And because that's.
Speaker 6: It's it's and also too, it just creates, it creates so much conflict for these corners, especially if they're playing man, to be able to fight through that traffic and go make tackles or whatever.
Speaker 5: And so I would say those those.
Speaker 6: Gentlemen, and then obviously Jake, I mean, I can't think of who else could?
Speaker 5: I mean, I would like to see We talked about it, you talked about it.
Speaker 6: Yes, shoulday Tony Pollard even more, not necessarily in the slot, but just as a receiving option to get him more involved there because that's a part of his game than I feel like it's not being nurtured right now and it needs to be.
Speaker 5: So so yeah, it's just it's just quicker, quicker things that you can do from there.
Speaker 6: And Sean McVay kind of showed the blue paran on how.
Speaker 5: To he did.
Speaker 6: He really did, he really he like their offense and what he did with Cooper Cup really changed to me how people are finding favorable matchups in the slot and there's just so much more you can do there, just so much more.
Speaker 5: You can do there and and get.
Speaker 6: Guys free releases and stuff as opposed to to being out the outside and just having to win.
Speaker 5: On their own.
Speaker 2: Is there anything about this Panthers defense that I wouldn't say scares you guys, or I guess concerns you.
Speaker 5: Is that maybe maybe more so the.
Speaker 4: Word no, But yeah, I will say though, like I said, they're ranked eighth right now in the NFL, so it's not like they're a horrible defense to go up against by any means at all. And so that's why it's going to be very important for this Cowboys offense to have a quick start, and especially you know you're talking about first position, first possession of the ball. Don't go three and our on your first possession. Just get ahead of things, score quickly. That's what I want to see from this Cowboys offense because I feel like the slow starts a kind of just linger on into that third quarter when you don't need it to.
Speaker 5: Both sides and both both side. You need a faster.
Speaker 4: Stop and if you want to win that time of possession battle, which isn't always always necessarily a battle you need to win, but in this game, again, if you want to win this game, like you should start early, score quickly, and create turnovers too. And we're talking about the Cowboys defense on that side of things, but creating turnovers and those big plays that they're very notorious for. And so I think what you're going to start seeing is a lot of those younger guys that you know, maybe I don't know the Panthers offense try to take advantage of in ways, but you know guys like a Sam Williams perfect example, that are going to make those plays. Because like we talked about yesterday, everyone's doing everything they can to neutralize Mike Parsons. That's not going to stop. That's definitely not going to stop when you have a struggling offense like the Anths have right now. Either they're gonna put everything into being like, oh, Mika, you stay away from our guy please. But it's but that again, that opens up what others around Mike are able to do. I think Sam's a perfect guy to talk about in this Mazi. We saw flashes of Mazzi last week too in terms of the Cowboys defense, that these younger guys are starting to get their footing a little bit more, and it's so obvious that everyone's just really on the same page together. So for me, faster, start scoring early, and then on the defensive side of the ball, make them go three and out, keep them behind the sticks, don't even allow them to get into the red zone at any point, and you'll be solid.
Speaker 2: How good would it be to just see those guys sitting in the fourth quarter again.
Speaker 5: It'll be nice, Yep, it'll be nice.
Speaker 6: It's possible to answer your question, though, gentlemen, that can give you some trouble on the defensive side. I mean, Brian Burns is a player, he's their linebacker. He's one of their linebackers. They rush him a lot. They sometimes they use them on the edge. So when you look at tern Steele had a really good, you know, bounce back game last week. I do expect for them to possibly try to find some favorable matchups with Brian Burns rushing the passer.
Speaker 5: He has five sacks this year.
Speaker 6: And also to Dion Jones is there inside linebacker.
Speaker 5: He's a player as well.
Speaker 6: But they're not getting a lot of help from their defensive line. Because we talked about yesterday how it was like I was like, Ben, don't don't break, but Ben the bending snap like, So I was looking. I mean, my guys, guy Walker Steele from eighties sports, great guy, he kind of talked, we were talking, but he mentions that, Yeah, he mentioned just why they're passing defense looks the way that it looks, because we saw yesterday it's six to that's because teams are not passing the ball because they understand that they can run the ball on this team consistently. Just mentioned yesterday, the or like dead last in the NFL and run defense. So I do think that the cow will take advantage of the opportunity to run the ball in this game. And to your point, Jess, so do they That's healthy because the run game really is the only part of the offense that we're looking for to consistently be better. Yeah, their defensive line, they have a few guys on their defensive line that can play, but just as a unit, they're not getting it done. It puts a lot of stress on their linebackers to be perfect and also to it makes their secondary have to be so tuned into what's going on that sometimes they get caught peeking in the backfield as well. So yeah, it's I mean, from as far as their defense, goes. They have players and it is the more the more formidable side of their team right now. But even in that, if you can run the ball on them, you know, just do it.
Speaker 5: I mean it's established the run.
Speaker 6: The pass will come, it'll probably be there too, but just you know, buddy or bread where it's supposed to be, Like, just do that, Like don't don't take it, don't try to do a whole bunch of extra stuff if you don't have to.
Speaker 5: I mean, teams are giving up.
Speaker 6: I mean they've Yeah, teams are getting almost four yards of carry against this this this front, they've given up almost one hundred and thirty yards a game, Babe. Out of their nine games, seven out of their ninmes games, they've given up one hundred and thirty yards a game. We've been asking for the run game to kind of get on track. We've kind of seen some talk to try to be oddish today, some of the things that they're starting to figure out that they can do. I expect for that to continue.
Speaker 2: Have you. I don't know if you guys had the chance to notice that, but did y'all see looking on the film the Bears just running it up the middle, running up the middle every single time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their dts get turned. Yeah, and they're like, yeah, yeah, how big will.
Speaker 2: That be for the Cowboys to do that because you're seeing them be more creative, Yeah, little run outside zones. But now it's like, why not just run it up the middle every single time?
Speaker 5: And where I'm down.
Speaker 4: To be honest, it's the favorable matchups, So do it. And especially when you're talking about we talked about the game of confidence all the time. That's not something that's necessarily worked in favor of Tony Pollard or really Rico Daudo up until this point. So if you can establish a way to do it with this team and you don't have to give the Panthers any unscouted looks for what you're able to do on the outside zones with the run game, then do it in this game. So that way, again you're utilizing what's in front of you with those favorable matchups in this run game. I mean, in my opinion, if you can.
Speaker 5: Do it, do it. They're still going to pass the ball around, I'm sure, but there's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, it is gonna be a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: But yeah, just looking at their run defense.
Speaker 6: There, guys just they don't always have good gap integrity. They get caught looking in the backfield, they can be fooled with some of the misdirections stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I also feel like they don't have a guy that can easily diagnose what opposing offenses are doing from what I've seen.
Speaker 6: And it's not even like it's partially that, but it's also too is like the line back a position. Football is a machine, That's how I look at it.
Speaker 5: And if your defensive.
Speaker 6: Line is not doing their part, it makes it so much harder on your linebackers.
Speaker 5: It just really does.
Speaker 6: And so those linebackers are playing for their life. Not only that, their defense is on the field so much that sometimes by the second quarter I saw they're tired because they're on the fields significantly more.
Speaker 5: Because this offense is really struggling to get going.
Speaker 6: They put them in some tough spots with short fields, with.
Speaker 5: The turnovers and fumbles and stuff. It's tough. It's tough. They're still trying to figure things out over there. To say the.
Speaker 2: Least, switching gears to that offense. You got Bryce Young, who's a young quarterback, really struggling. I wouldn't say it's not more so on him. I feel like they haven't really like surrounded him with a lot of good talent and built that team around him.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, do.
Speaker 2: Y'all feel like I think we kind of touched on this a little bit yesterday about his mobility and what he can do. Is that something still a concern as far as this Cowboys defense, because you know, earlier in the year we did see them struggle with a little bit.
Speaker 5: More mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: No, not nice to improvement. There's definitely been improvement. And I think something that should give you hope is the consistency that this team has had with tackling well and not allowing that yak yardage to really be a factor against them in these kind of games. And sure, tackling will take you a really far way in this game, and not something that this Cowboys defense has done. You go back even since Week one, So I think when you're tackling well, you're communicating well no, but just can't allow those big plays to happen, right, And I think that's what it comes down to, is that something Dan Quinn always talks about as well, is not allowing the explosive plays or the really big chunk plays.
Speaker 5: To come out of it.
Speaker 4: And so I think, again, if you want to look at little details and seeing the improvement that this team has made, is not allowing any kind of mobility to get you know, third and ten, not allowing a first down at that point, and keeping them as far behind the sticks as you can get Bryce Young a little flustered, let him know your presence, and then let things fall where they may, because they're what they're kind of try to do at that point. They're going to try to rely on the run because really, where is he going to throw the ball to in the backfield? You want a Deron Bland or do you want a Stefan Gilmore or do you want to get a sack off of the edge rush that's going to come towards you with Micah Parsons, a tank, Sam Williams, now an Osa Hankins even. I mean, there's so many different weapons that they can utilize. So I think if you force them to try to utilize the run in general, kind of diminish the passing game a little bit for him. I think that's a little more favorable, but it also tests you and also test that run defense that has been an issue in the past.
Speaker 2: I believe Brece Young is actually like thirty to thirty against pressure.
Speaker 6: It's rough, it's like it's like it's like like mistake and yes, it's like low forties. Yeah, we mentioned you talked about you know this.
Speaker 5: I think this defensive line, we.
Speaker 6: Have a very aggressive defensive line. They glate, they'd like to get up field, they like to get sacks. When you look at a young guy like this that is still trying to learn defenses and be a you know, a passer in this league. Sometimes and we saw this even with I think it was with Philly. We've seen it with multile quarterbacks. Sometimes it's better to contain. And sometimes contain means yes you're getting pressure, but it's not getting upfield. It's really difficult to explain. I can see it, but it's hard to explain. But where we would see them get up field, rush to pass or go go sack.
Speaker 5: The quarterbacks sometimes you see them get up field.
Speaker 6: Understand their leverage and contain him and just stay in there and it kind of collapses the pocket in a way, or to also make him have to beat you passing the ball. So sometimes it's not even just getting up feel because when when you don't have good rush lane integrity, a lot of times these guys slip up the a gap, they slip up the middle, or whatever the case may be. What's going to have to happen, too, is that the dns are going to have to stay set the edge and continue to make sure that they contain him inside the pocket, because one thing he is struggling with is accuracy delivering the ball on time, reading defenses. So we might see sometimes where maybe on third down they're after him, right, but first and second down it's we're up to the line. We're like, we're forcing them, We're.
Speaker 2: We're fore Yeah, yeah, like you're fair.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find the way. You're sorry, but yeah.
Speaker 6: Like so sometimes it's not all about chasing and making the tackle. Sometimes it's about containing keeping him in side the pocket and making him have to beat you that way.
Speaker 5: And that also too.
Speaker 6: Can prevent some of the long runs and escaping and stuff.
Speaker 5: What's up.
Speaker 4: I also want to point out he was on the injury report the thigh injury, and it didn't say his participation for Wednesday was fully. He fully participated today in Thursday's practice. But that could also cut a lot of the mobility out too, if he's dealing with some kind of thigh issue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and Frank right, Frank Wright has a history of.
Speaker 5: Using the RPO and using.
Speaker 6: A mobile quarterback and stuff, and I definitely think maybe they might try to implement some of that just to kind of get him going, kind of get him comfortable and things like that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, man, like.
Speaker 6: This, this defense has to be disciplined, to say the least. It's just because like this guy's young and he's trying to figure things out.
Speaker 5: Because I know that when you see a.
Speaker 6: Young rookie quarterback and he's struggling with accuracy, you want to go jump some routes. You want to go make take some chances, which is true, And so they're gonna have to pay can choose their spots when they do decide to do those, so he doesn't hurt you with his legs, so he doesn't hurt you escape.
Speaker 5: In the pocket.
Speaker 4: I also want to point out too, because we always talk about it on kind of this side of things when we're talking about we're talking about the other day of getting the right side of the line a little bit more help on the cowboy side of the ball using the tight ends. How that can take away from the passing game. I'm looking at this injury report right now and just kind of looking at their depth chart as well. For the Panthers, Hayden Hurst questionable according to this depth chart, and I'm looking to see what he has right here cosion, concussion. And then you have Steven Sullivan also dealing with an injury. I Thomas on ir your only tight end left you have is Tommy Tremble, Wait Tremble?
Speaker 5: What's his name? Is not Adam Thalen's good to go because he's kind.
Speaker 4: Of well, he's a wide receiver. I'm talking about. I'm talking about tight end. I'm talking about tight ends and helping getting them blocking, helping to establish that run, and getting more help with this line that's already beat up. The right guards on the list, the right tackles on the list, the right side of their line needs to help me.
Speaker 5: Still get you said, Ian Thomas?
Speaker 4: Did you say him? I did?
Speaker 5: He was just limited? Okay, so I mean you may you could get.
Speaker 4: The point is they don't have a lot of help when it comes to getting getting Bryce Young help to it.
Speaker 5: Happened again.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna go ahead and take the second break.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, wait, can he got you back? I was just gonna say, Bryce young needs help, and it doesn't look like they have a lot of depth to help him with that run game.
Speaker 2: Yeah well, I mean, well, this offensive line though, that's what they cannot handle.
Speaker 5: Double teams, That's that's half the problem.
Speaker 2: Like seriously, they're just letting defensive tackles just get right past them.
Speaker 6: It's it's the center really struggles. He's given up quite a few sacks in the.
Speaker 4: Last it's pretty bad.
Speaker 6: It's pretty bad, Arnicles, and they brought in and it's crazy to you go, look, they brought in some veterans just to be like, oh, maybe just to help stable as our office of line. Oh false, It's not been that way, so there will be.
Speaker 5: That's why I said.
Speaker 6: That's why I said the defense still has to be disciplined because I know they're probably looking their chops looking at this offensive line, but they still have to contain this young guy because he got some burners on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, all right, well let's go ahead and take our second break.
Speaker 2: Now take Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jacksaw the prefer a name part of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back at Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 5: That's why we.
Speaker 8: Created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 4: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like. Speak off your holiday shopping the right way with all new Cowboys gear. Grab the best gifts for the best fans in the world at your nearest pro shop or walk onto shop dot dollars Cowboys dot com e fanatics experience. Sounds like some holiday shopping I need to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cowboys do have the best fans in the world.
Speaker 5: Coming from Houston, I have to admit it.
Speaker 4: Just saying it's pretty fun.
Speaker 6: I've ben't liked because I love Memico Ryans and I love to see him. It's cool to see him go down there and start to really change that culture in the field of that team. Also too, I mean, got some former Cowboys over there that are playing and making the best out of their new roles in a in a tank, Dellavorite wide receiver.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I like c J.
Speaker 5: Stroud so much.
Speaker 4: I'm resentful as heck Texans after that last game, so I don't want to hear it. I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 4: You're bringing up really, this is not the week to bring up those I'm sorry. Not the week. I'm feeling a little bit of like the the Animasia Fault Texans game where I was like, oh, it's fine, and then the next day, the next day we had to come on the podcast. We were like, well a super Bowl, it was their super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, let's do it, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm numbered the little pieces of paper here one through five. Okay, so basically whatever, so I'll.
Speaker 4: Have let let you pull or whatever.
Speaker 8: No, no, let you full first.
Speaker 2: Basically, and then basically I'm gonna ask a question and it'll be like just random questions about the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, y'all, I do that all the time. It's too much. We talked too much.
Speaker 5: Number is okay?
Speaker 2: Two ways to drinks that you would describe this game?
Speaker 6: This game ass like alcoholic beverages.
Speaker 2: It could be it could be SODA's alcoholic beverages.
Speaker 7: Coffees honestly on a Sunday where everything feels like you could go right sipping a little mimosa.
Speaker 6: Not like that will get me right, okay, and then to see what else? And a non alcoholic beverage that has a little edge.
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 4: What I've never had that before?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: Easy?
Speaker 4: It's like, like, what is that any God?
Speaker 5: We're sorry?
Speaker 4: Are are they the little like flavored waters?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're just they're a flavored drink, but they're they're carbonated.
Speaker 5: But I think they're like low cow.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll have to try it.
Speaker 6: So it's just a chill Sunday, like you ain't gotta make drunk.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the first question.
Speaker 2: Still, so we'll go with what number you pulls.
Speaker 7: Jazz?
Speaker 4: He just whispers stuff in our ears and I can't always say it. Oh, I got the same thing too?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have two pig of them? All right, i'mna be honest. I was like, I really did. I'm glad you got that question, not me. I got a three. I gotta brandy cooks.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was the same, the same question.
Speaker 5: So now you gotta give three three three drinks.
Speaker 4: That's not fair? So why I have to drink that's not fair?
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, go for two.
Speaker 4: No, I'll go for three. Okay, okay, Mom, and didn't raise no quitter. Okay, number three three three, three three drinks that this game reminds me of. I'm gonna go like a nice Arnold Palmer. Okay, Okay, I like that because it's sweet. So it's a sweet, favorable matchup for the Cowboys. And then the zest from the lemonades a little bit like but but what's gonna happen. So I'm gonna go Arnold Palmer for one. I'm gonna go hmm.
Speaker 5: The stupid little three.
Speaker 4: I'm really obsessed with this.
Speaker 5: Just the way she held it up was a little life.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go. I know I need to put down. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go water. Everyone needs some h two on their life coming because it will be a tall glass of water to get their first road wind in a minute. So I'm gonna go water, and then my last one. Allow alcoholic beverage in here. We are going to go. Let's do a margarita. We're gonna do margarita because it goes down smooth. But when it hits you, it's gonna hit you like that. And so when the cowboys are coming, you're not gonna see it coming, then it's gonna hit you. There you go. That was that was hard to do.
Speaker 5: You you looked so happy to do that. Oh my god, let's see.
Speaker 4: I know you really were excited about that.
Speaker 5: I know, I can't wait to see what alcoholic drinks you too.
Speaker 6: How many tools did you put in here?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: This one?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 7: You go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go, hm hmm. Hey, guess am on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, shout up tequila dang because you take it straight and the cowboys straight up about the ball.
Speaker 4: I don't know who you are taking tequila goodness.
Speaker 5: Here we go, here, here we go, Here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Gatorade because it's so refreshing after a good workout, right, and it's gonna be refreshing to see the cowboys continue to carry on this play.
Speaker 4: For me. Give me Electra light.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's your last side?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You got this? I must no shaty said water. I'm gonna say they ain't the third one with hard I was.
Speaker 5: I was on a roll.
Speaker 8: M hm.
Speaker 2: I say lemon drop because like people doubting the cowboys, right, so you doubt the lemon drop that it's gonna be like that perfect mix of like sweet and lemony, and they and they get you, right, It's like they doubt them, they can't, they can't carry this all right, But then watch them be seven and three this.
Speaker 4: Week watching what the lemon drop?
Speaker 5: Doesn't he.
Speaker 4: That part?
Speaker 5: People are trying to come in lemon drops. I'm like, like, it's not a good dream. They can be lethal. They can be two or three of them. Say that strawberry lemon drop too.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, she got fancy on us.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 5: Is it the prayer or is it the flavor?
Speaker 4: All right, ladies, the headache? Just talking about all that? All right, all right, ladies, that's a wrap.
Speaker 5: I liked it.
Speaker 4: That was good. He played next.
Speaker 5: Week Boom boom, boom boom. That's a rapper.
Speaker 2: Today's episode of a Girl's Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw the preferred any part of the Dallas Cowboys. We'll see y'all on Monday, be cooked season.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club