Speaker 1: So, my beautiful friend, Nikki Deurust, a very talented makeup artist and founder entrepreneur of cl Cosmetics, is on climbing and heels this week. Her full interview is out tomorrow, but until then, enjoy some of her amazing tips for holiday glam. You will not want to miss them. So, Okay, you are the queen of dewey and very hydrated skin. What products our best to combat dry and dull skin this time of year? Because I already feel like that scratchy sandpaper sound when I touch my skin? So, like, what are your favorite like quick tips?
Speaker 2: A couple of things. I mean, I am the queen of layering so many. I love serums. I will cocktail three or four different serums in my hand before my moisturizer, So that's one. I love Shawny Gardens brand, I love Allies of Skin. I'm a major fan of that brand as well, so that's one.
Speaker 1: And I do love Shawnee's peel that you can do the resurfacing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's great to do twice a week, especially if you're dry, to kind of get that that layer off the plate and then go in with like a really great moisturizer. And moisturizing serum. I always mix oil in with my moisturizer, which gives you that kind of glow that comes out and then obviously duh.
Speaker 1: Say ol duh, so good. I think it's called favorite. Okay, what are your favorite long lasting lip products to carry you through holiday party like where you're constantly eating and drinking and doing all the things, like what stays on?
Speaker 2: I mean, truthfully, these days, I've been you know, playing around a lot more in Kay beauty.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Even I know that you can get the brand Tier Tier. Everyone talks about the tear tier foundation thing. But I have great lipstains. Okay, you can also buy it on Amazon. But any sort of lipstain that you can put on underneath your lipstick, in your lip liner, so it's a little.
Speaker 3: It just gives you that shield. I haven't gotten into.
Speaker 2: Have you seen those that Wonder skin or whatever it is where it's like it looks like people are putting black.
Speaker 3: On their lips.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it turns No, that can't be good for you, can it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe, but but Wander is a clean brand, so not Wander, it's one. No, I haven't seen it. Yeah, but now you're making me curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but honestly, anything kay, beauty, lipstay.
Speaker 1: Hey beauty okay for okay, And then what's your best advice to pump up your eye? Like, what's an easy cheat to pump your eye up for holidays? If you're not like if you're if you're someone who wears like minimal makeup, Like, what's like an easy cheat? I feel like you know what you're gonna say. Glitter?
Speaker 2: Yes, anything shiny glitter. I just did a campaign for my own brand where it was like all about skin, but then we were adding in, you know, embellishment, so we would do like a chunky or glitter eye or little cute like rhinestone, so fun to give it like a little something fun, but it's still not crazy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'd do that like on a Monday to go to like school drop off, right, or they can be like love crystals on the eye.
Speaker 2: Now this shoot, the whole shoot you would have loved because it was sequence patent, shiny diamonds everything.
Speaker 3: And then just like little bits obsessed.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a question I think everybody has. How do you cleanse your face at night? Like when you're so tired but you have like a full face of makeup from a party on. Like, what's your like, is there a cheat or there just isn't there is?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: So there is a company called Clean Skin Club and they make these towels that are biodegradable, but they don't they're not wet already, so you wet them underneath the seink. Okay, And so I go through at night just like when I'm walking around doing whatever, and I wipe my skin just with.
Speaker 3: Water and the towel really yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it just makes doing that one cleanse that much faster because you can quickly cleanse your face and then again use the towel.
Speaker 3: To just like wipe it dry.
Speaker 1: That's so great.
Speaker 3: What is this called Clean Skin Club?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? I have to get that because you know, I need a cheat before bed.
Speaker 2: And they work so much better than makeup wipes, and they're I think they're better for the skin because they don't have.
Speaker 1: Like the stripping, right the stripping. Yeah, So okay, what is your favorite beauty trend that's new that's like that you hope catches fire that pupots do for like in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's new? Is there anything new anymore.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's actually wearing less makeup. I think it's doing Nikki makeup. Like I think it's maybe I think we've been in the in the phase of like pounding our faces to the point where some people are unrecognizable at such a young age. And I think we're starting to see a trend towards enhancing the natural beauty and just But I'm noticing young girls, like in their twenties starting to be so good at doing their makeup right, like like they know how to do the cheap they know how to like they're doing their mom's makeup. Like my friends with like teenagers, they're like doing their makeup. They're doing the mom's makeup. They're like, you're doing that wrong, mom, like, and they're doing it really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely think it is like pairing back. But also a lot of blush. I mean, people are crazy about blush.
Speaker 2: It's never before I look back a picture from me from like two thousand and four and I'm like, wow, I had blush blindness.
Speaker 3: My whole life, Like I just am that girl. So here we are. But now everyone's catching on.
Speaker 1: So you really have You've always done a blush. That's so, I'm looking at you right now and you have like a full, like like peachy pink cheek.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so I'm excited that that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're so right. And also I think it's applied differently now, which is exciting, Like I feel like it goes all the way up now as opposed to like just on the little circles right there.
Speaker 2: And it's exciting that people are getting more comfortable with different texture formulas of blush. Right right, wine is a liquid blush, you know, I think people are much more comfortable of using that type of formula.
Speaker 3: But I also think in twenty twenty five, we're going to see.
Speaker 2: More influence of Kay Beauty and different types of formulas that you'll see next fall from me Yay.
Speaker 3: I love it