Speaker 1: Hello, my people, and welcome to this wonderful afternoon edition of Red, White and trend Land formerly Greenland. Shout out Archcamcam on the Discord for that short show title, because yes, we continue to harass Denmark and say, hey, how much y'all want for that little greenland over there?
Speaker 2: Can we get some of that?
Speaker 1: And now, Buddy Carter, Republican in the House, introduced to bill to this like and we can call it red White and blue. It's fucking stupid. I'm so sorry to everyone on earth, not that I have anything to do with this, but unfortunately my passport says I'm from here unless I use my Japanese one litt key now, and you know, and that comes along with a lot of baggage.
Speaker 2: Look, because this shit is fucked and been fun.
Speaker 1: But anyway, here we are. It's me Miles along with Andrew t. Hello. Hello there. Yes, as Brian the editor, and I think Victor was pointing out there is another story too where there's a petition going around in Denmark to buy California for one trillion dollars and that has two hundred thousand seconds. I'm fine being a part of Denmark. I've been there, I mean, I like, it can't be I have plans to go. The fire kind of mess things up, but I do have plans to go to uh come now or Copenhagen as some people might know it. But anyway, you you literally had specific plans to go or yeah, I've been before. It's nice. The food is good. Yeah, the people's temperament is good. It's you know, it's like anything. You know when you go to places that have socialized medicine, they're just like there's a few frequencies of anger that just aren't there because those needs. You know, I think most people in travel know this anxiety is not there. Yeah, at least that one. It's more so they're like, what is this? What is this American doing in my fucking store? Yeah, and then I'm like, I'm okay, man, I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm just here to buy some Tuborg beer and drink it by the river. But anyway, here we are, Andrew T place to be along with me. Miles G. The main MC on this p O D C. A. S. T Okay known as T d Z Damn should have been a fucking rapper in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, eighties rapping, you know what I mean, Yeah, just like basic iambic pentameter and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. But anyway, let's dive into it. This is what's trending. Trump is doing more dumb nonsense again. Now he's you know, he he went after paper straws yesterday and he's like, we'll get we're off that. It's all back to plastic I signed. You know, he did this thing where he holds up an executive order and feels like he's done something, and now he's off to undo the light bulb efficiency standards, the shower head flow of restrictions.
Speaker 2: The toilet rules.
Speaker 1: He's liberating us from the reign of terror that Biden hath unleashed on us. For whatever reason. This feels like again he's running out of stuff like his I know, a lot of these While these executive orders are meant to completely destabilize certain agencies and all the other things, it's also it's also performative. So all of America is like just you know, uh, in like a state of paralysis because of how potent that Trump seems to be. But now that he's doing executive orders on like straws and toilets, I'm like, oh, we lose the steam here, you learn the limits.
Speaker 2: It's also very much the fuck you make me of it. It's like, okay, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Sure, dog, but you can decree this all you want, but like right, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah yeah, make it. I mean yeah again, this is I think, while like other experts like it's scarier if he had cong like if these were acts of Congress, but he's circumventing all of that, and now it's just gonna end up being something like Russia, where it's just like it's just the threat of violence that he uses to rule over everything and along with his oligarch buds. So that's happening. An eye on that, I guess, or shout out to y'all who can now throw up those unrestricted shower heads and blast your corpse with wonderful water pressure. I already feel it, man, And now I kind of want to know what an illegal shower head feels like.
Speaker 2: Pre band like a band.
Speaker 1: Shower head is like, like is that gonna blow my skin off? Because I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I yeah, they're there. At no point have I ever been like I'm being restricted by like physical throughput of what's available on the market, right right, Like yeah, I mean this goes back to like just the general shit of like, well, I mean it's also too like all of these Biden things he's undoing, we're kind of like, you know, corporate technocratic half measures anyway, Yeah, work that good. Also, so there's a little bit of like that.
Speaker 1: Was also an illusion of potency in office too. It's like, well, I know you're talking about qualified immunity and getting rid of that for cops. We're not doing that, but yeah, but yeah, your shower head will be a little bit more environmentally friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it is like arguing over like kind of the nothing of it a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, That's why I'm like, but I'm also curious, Like I wish there was someone who did a demonstration, is like, this is what your showers were like under Biden. Yeah, okay, this is what they're like now under the Trump regime. And I'd imagine it would be imperceptible, but god, this.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, I mean, it's it.
Speaker 1: It does reveal on both sides how little the government does to actually improve people's lives, and like, while there are certain measures that did do that, not in the way that everyone is clamoring for Yeah, yeah, you know, because that would upset the status quill.
Speaker 2: It is a little also like like how happy does this stuff really make maga people? Like, I mean, I guess it could make them happy, but it doesn't like do anything. Yeah, it's the bigger stuff too.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, like, you know, I think the one that is super material is like if they if they take away like equal marriage, it will literally not improve a single maga person's life. Yeah, no, in a way that I'm like, what, how happy could you really be about it? That's the problem with your Your main priority is just seeing someone else suffer. Yeah, because you actually don't. There's no room for your life to improve. If you're sort of metric for what is good policy is does it make little libs cry? Then you're like, okay, dude, this I know this ends not well for the people who are all in on that sort of Yeah, yeah, here we go. Well, let's also check in on who's bending the knee this week preemptively, So step one of resisting fascism is to not preemptively roll over and become a subordinate. Just so we're all clear on that. You you say, no, no, these are norms that I believe me, need to preserve and like whatever you want. Clearly our media and tech companies have ignored that for their own enrichment. We know, we knew that ABC he previously settled with Trump before he got into office because they were being nice by donating like fifteen million dollars to his future library. And now Paramount, the parent company of CBS, is following in a similar manner where they may settle an easily winnable case that Trump brought against them because they just don't want to make Trump mad. And also they're down to just curb stomp the freedom of the press, I guess. And also they got a little bit of a merger. You know that's all right here, Skydance, Paramount. You don't want them to fucking call that whole thing off either. So guess what we will lick if the boot and Google now they've been doing all kinds of shit, fuck shit, they're getting rid of diversity. They you know, we're now seeing how what Google Maps will look like depending on what country you're in. When you zoom in on the Gulf of Mexico in the US, it will just say straight up Gulf of America. If you're in Mexico, They're not fucking with your all sovereignty. That's just saying it's the Gulf of Mexican. Go in the rest of the world. This is so fucking stupid. If you go to look at the Gulf of Mexico, it will say Gulf of Mexico parenthetical underneath Gulf of America. So thank you so much for that.
Speaker 2: Google.
Speaker 1: You've you've really done it. I mean, here's the thing I will just say though, it's like, would you say, like resisting fascism or like not like not like compliant advance. The thing is, it's like all of these tech companies have always been white supremacist. Yes, yes, yes, sometime for people, just just so we understand how quickly, just how different the the ideologies are for a profit seeking corporation and a human being that respects, you know, wants just agency over their life.
Speaker 2: But these people ben Nazis. They stay Nazis. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So now they're just full on disappearing other holidays and events in the calendar in the Google calendars. So if this ship celebrates people that aren't white, cis hit men. Oh we don't need that, so they literally, we're in the what is is February eleventh? I said, January. Bro, sorry, it's February eleventh. They already it's not Black History Month anymore. I know you thought it was, but guess what, that shit ain't in there anymore. They've also got rid of Women's History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Indigenous People's Month, Jewish Heritage Month, Pride Month, all of that just absent from their calendars. And when they were asked like, hey, like what the fuck are you doing? Why are you just getting rid of all these calendars and acknowledging, you know, the diversity that exists within the country, they basically just said it's like not really sustainable or scalable to have like hundreds of like events that we have to like, look, dude.
Speaker 2: Just we don't care.
Speaker 1: That's kind of like sort of like it was such a half assed answer where it would have just been easier if they're like, look, dude, we don't give a shit, But they try to couch it in scaleable.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have to do work to remove those things. So like like yeah, they're actively you know, being who they've always wanted to be public and it kind of you know, I mean, don't use Google if you can obviously duck duck go.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, try that shit. Try fucking don't use Chrome. Just just generally from a usability standpoint, ship this sucks. Sorry, I am not sorry. Oh well there goes there goes our chrome deal. Anyway, let's also check in with God. So the Democrats, I pointed out the previous episode that you know when Chuck Schumer and like Al Green like lifts his cane in the air and they're like, we're basically eighty, we're so old. We know what the steaks are for me in the next five issues. I don't know anyway, Well we haven't.
Speaker 2: They do know what the stakes are and they're very low. Yeah for them.
Speaker 1: For them, they are insulated, unfortunately, So we have to deal with it. So seventy six year old Congressman John Larson, a Democrat, I said, Domdicut, a Democrat from Connecticut, a Dometicut if you will, was giving you know, a speech on the House floor talking about you know, social Security and why we can't just like fucking throw it into the fucking dumpster so we can save some billionaires more money, and has like a medical episode mid speech. I'll play the audio because it's I'm like, it's like, so, I don't know, I'm like so sad for just the state of everything when this is what we're kind of up or this is the state of the House right now, here's John Larson speaking on the ways and means subcommittee. Don't worry, no one on the Republican side in the House and Senate, who control both the House and Senate, is going to speak up. M m. Yeah. He's like he's like mid Burp and Jon and jeffs oh, and he's not He's he's just not saying anything right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not really moving. It's like something like.
Speaker 1: I'll give ahead twenty seconds. He's still not talking for no one is helping him, no one is doing anything. The people are just social watching him is the basis for their retirement. Okay, let me jump ahead as well. An aid put a glass of water next to him. That's I don't think it's because he has cotton mouth, just so you know. And then he's about to get hit with just a fucking terrible blow right here.
Speaker 2: The gentleman's time as expired.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, he apparently had they said it was an adverse reaction to a new medication. I take no joy in seeing that, not even for any reason.
Speaker 2: I mean it's also clearly a lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean either way, I can we have we there. We really need term limits because not just for the fact that like people who are like in their older age, we'd like for them to just enjoy their life and not have to, you know, pretend that.
Speaker 2: The old God is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We see this constantly in politics, like where people just cannot let go, and many people are willing to just look the other way because the moment they're there, they're they're their boss or the most powerful person in the room. So they're just like, oh, yeah, no, you're good. That was no, that was solid. You told them, you told them, yeah this. And then also just the stakes involved with our our futures, Like I can't like people who are at the latter stages of their lives are not looking at the future the same way that people who have fifty years out of them, forty years ago them.
Speaker 2: They clearly don't have the capacity to pivot on like things that like i mean literally ossified into their worldview in their fucking twenties, which was half a century ago or more. Yeah, yeah, like yeah, it's just like watching these people try to navigate this world. It's it's one of the biggest problems with what we're living through is like, yeah, we can't do anything about that.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're asking people in their eighties, in their late seventies to cross swords with basically like sophisticated AI scammers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these people, they are.
Speaker 1: These are the same people who are like wow, this is such a beautiful image that this African child put together Jesus using only tires and husks of coconut, Like that's AI slop. And they are also the same people anyway.
Speaker 2: So this is very what you should ask yourself this question, would I trust my senator with access to my bank account? And if the answer is patently no, like this one.
Speaker 1: Is, would you trust them with your bank account? When they get a text message on their phone that says, hey, Linda, when are we going to play golf next?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then they get suck I'm not sure you're looking for the Please, I'm in terrible help. I need your help. Please give me something like oh no, anyway, that's what's going on there. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back to check in on dual lingos fucking wild ass marketing right after this and we're back. So dual Lingo just posted an announcement and we talk about this a lot because if you like, if if you have dual Lingo on your phone, like the icon changes over time, like the less you like, it's like kind of dynamic, like the ship that they do a Lingo icon looks like on your on your phone. Anyway, they put an announcement up on their Twitter said Duo formally known as a dual Lingo owl is dead. And apparently they go on to say authorities are currently investigating his cause of death and we are cooperating fully.
Speaker 2: Tbh.
Speaker 1: He probably died waiting for you to do your lesson, but what do we know, And then it just says, please also include your credit card numbers so we can automatically sign you up for dual Lingo Max. In his memory. People are like, did they get fucking hacked? No, No, this is just their unhinged marketing strategy that like they do all kinds of stuff, like he had a beef with Google Translate like most of us do. It was really duo Lingo was into Dua lipa. God, that's fucking depressing, I mean, wacky marketing lift.
Speaker 2: Hopefully at least it doesn't work because it is very like tech pro humor is just like that level. Look, I haven't followed up by a story, but I do think probably this is still true. Fuck Duel Longo. They use so much AI in setting up their lessons, so there are tons of errors and they are not using like human speaks makes languages to do these. Uh that makes plans.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that makes sense because I tried to order some food in Spanish and some dudes put a knife to me.
Speaker 2: That's right, and if.
Speaker 1: Not, I think about it, probably has something to do it. Yeah. I don't know why I called him a madi posa, but that they told me it was a butterfly. So anyway, Yeah, those language apps. It's funny too because it's almost like we've turned our backs on all the ones that like we had known worked for the longest time. Remember, like there were ones that they were like, I'm not that it's a good advertisement to like the CIA uses this to get their agents like fucking ready to subvert any fucking government anywhere.
Speaker 2: But I'm like.
Speaker 1: You can't be pulling up with bad, bad language skills in the CIA, So hey, it's.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's just they're just they're showing that they're a tech company not an educational company, which right on utterly unsurprising. But yeah, they're tech company shit.
Speaker 1: Tech companies do tech company shit, which eventually leads to Nazi shit and then Luigi Mangioni checking in with him. So if you remember, there were people like donating to his like legal defense, uh, and people were like, oh my god, wow, okay, I can help Luigi Mangioni fight off this this case for allegedly assassinating a healthcare CEO. Now, go fundme doesn't actually allow fundraisers for quote the legal defense of financial and violent crimes or whatever, and a lot of fundraisers that have popped up were definitely scams. But there was a campaign on give Send Go that people were able to donate to, and his lawyer at the time was just like, yeah, he's we're probably not going to be accepting those donations. But things have changed now and Luigi Mangioni is officially accepting the funds right now. The total sits like around three hundred and fifty thousand dollars, so you know, this is this this will I'm sure, just go to his lawyer. But hey, the Luigim MANGIONI said, yeah, I'll take a dollar so I can fight this case. Yeah, it's amazing how it's like, on some level, just the chaos of the Trump administration has completely like shot the momentum and the pun was intended there of like just sort of like the little bit of class consciousness that was coming out of the Luigimanngoni thing. It's almost like by design or something. I don't know. But anyway, that's that's where we're at with that. And but I still do see a lot of Luigi memes, a lot of memes.
Speaker 2: Still I think it's you know, I think the cord he has struck.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't a minor.
Speaker 2: Hopefully continues ringing, and you know, I try to.
Speaker 1: I mean, more people are gonna get fucked over by all of these cuts to funding and stuff than people realize, like how vital some of these programs are. I like, you aren't depending on them. Sure you can act like I don't know what happened, but some of these people, it is very much a vital part of their lives. In some instances it's their entire employment and how they have.
Speaker 2: They or their community's employment. Yeah, you know, I'm just saying sleep on it. But when your life is utterly fucked, when your family savings, when your family's you know, just like livelihood is utterly fucked by Elon Musk, Remember that Elon Musk did this. Yeah, and you know that unrelated to anything Luigi MANGIONI may have done. But just remember that Elon Musk did this.
Speaker 1: Right now, he is he is taking our money, that's actueling it. Yeah, and he's just going to turn it into I don't know, fucking bitcoin or something based rockets that blow up.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. The point is and this is unrelated to Luigi Manjoni. But Elon Musk did this to you and is going to do you know, if if bad things happened to you, Elon Musk did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know Elon must started to eating fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean allegedly.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Andrew, thanks so much for joining me on. Thanks so much for joining me on this trending episode. We're gonna be back with a brand new episode tomorrow. Some described it as a how'd I say, is banger banger? Banger banger, it's a bang. So join us there tomorrow, you know, the same place, same time, and all of that. Until then, take care yourselves, take care of each other, get your vaccines, and you know, just don't do nothing about white supremacy because.
Speaker 2: It it's everywhere. Okay, talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,