Speaker 1: Guess what Internet. Welcome to Season three thirty two, Episode four of the Dailies I Guys, I production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness and guess what day it is. It's April fourth, four four two four, which means it's National Vitamin C Day, as they would say in the UK, National burrito Day, let's see national chicken court on blue Day, National School librarian Day. Shout out miss Barkley, my elementary school librarian. She was so viby and like actually made me fuck with books because she was just sort of like, yeah, like there, don't let's pick a book up wherever you want to and I'll never forget you. Miss Party. Shot out to Parkley. National hug a news person day. Whatever. I mean, Look, if you need a hug, let us know. But yeah, are you actually are you faithfully reporting the news? Are you just regurgitating police talking points?
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know, and that's email in the hug email, thank you exactly.
Speaker 1: Tell me what kind of journalists are you? Are you just a mount piece for the police state or are you doing some real muck raking in which case, Hey are you raking MUCKs? Hey? What do you got on that rake? Is that a bunch of rake? Muck?
Speaker 2: You are on muck? Let me give you a muck covered hug to little muckraker.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my name is Miles Great AKAA seven thirty seven, falling out of this car. Need to stop, bowl whistle blow on. Let's make sure we gonna die so much proof bow. It is a troubling brand. Yeah, well I'm flying Hope. I lance on the crosses with my hand bow. It is a troubling brand, all right, shout out Christy. I'm a Gucci man at the Wapple House for that fantastic credence, clear water rendition of traveling band, but troubling brand. Yes, Boeing is a troubling brand at the moment. And yes, like I said, fun fact when I used to do laser Tag birthday parties in the valley, John Fogerty, his kid had his birthday there two years in a row, and I got to do his birthday and I didn't know who John Fogerty was because I was sixteen years old and I wasn't really up on that kind of shit. And then the next time I came around, I was like, oh, hey, bro, I thought you were black or something first when I first heard you on a record.
Speaker 2: But John Fogerty the highest compliment you could get as a musician.
Speaker 1: Especially when when they're like, hey man, I just heard this like Delta Blues album. I think we can cover this whole ship and maybe get our own wave going. Yeah, that's fine, that's fine, that's fine, but please play respects, please play homage, unlike people who are right now with like Beyonce to like like I saw that that op had to like keep country music clean because Beyonce was and we know what the fuck you're saying. But look, you know what, Ken Burns did a great documentary if you if you need to be up on where country music came from or people who had a big contribution to country music back people, you could you could check that out, No spoilers, can't.
Speaker 2: I can put eighty years of his life into that documentary six.
Speaker 1: Years ago too, because it started off like the banjo came from West Africa, and then a lot of then there was like this thing called hillbilly music, which is the precursor to like modern country. But then as it became more of like a commercial thing. That's when it became segregated and they're like, okay, there's like illbilly music. And then they called race music, which is when they started, you know, putting black people to the side and said let's have this now. But anyway, it was a very multicultural genre before all that. To say, you've already heard the chaos at the start of the episode and the tangents I've gone off on, that's probably because I've got a freaky co host today, real sick fuck, who is a Liverpool fan and as I am, you know, as we were in the throes of a Premier League run in wondering who's gonna win the title, he's already giving me sit about Arsenal being in second place. And that's fine because I love him and you love him too. It's our very own, You're very own. I guess we'll just call him Blake Chaos Wexler.
Speaker 2: This is Blake Wexler, AKA. I try to say goodbye, but I croak, try to jump my way to a puddle. I try to hide on this log. The whole world knows I'm a frog. It is raining on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the theme. Wow, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah that aka, I insist on writing these myself and clearly that needs to stop. So if anyone wants to send me some that I can bank for this one respect you respect, respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my cousin, you know what I mean, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Macy? I woke up to that song on my phone like as an alarm for like three years at one point where I yeah, and it was honestly a really, really nice way to wake up. I think I might bring it back.
Speaker 1: Why did you why Macie Gray as an alarm ring? Though? Was it? Was it just that you didn't want to like and you wanted something.
Speaker 2: Like a little bit more sicko wants to wake up to like a submarine sinking, you know, like that's a terrible noise.
Speaker 1: I'm in the midst of an argument argument with her, majesty, because she has one of the most violent, like of the iPhone alarm tones. I like harp, I like the heart no, because that just that that brings me discord. Oh you need discord? Have we talked about this on the show. Sorry, I'm also here, but I no, no, it doesn't matter. Look, we've already know. People already know that's Andrew T. But anyway, we'll introduce him, and I guessank, hold on, let me let me induce you right now, introduce in.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Let's also introduce our guests. Okay, okay, like that. It's he's on Discord. He's all about Discord. He's a fantastic writer, comedian, producer. Also, I got to see him do a wonderful panel at podcast Evolutions last week when I was doing I was doing a panel that he did a back. Yeah, we were on back to back panels, and this is my favorite guy, Andrew T. What are you saying? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have an a KA because I got texted, uh like eight year recording yep, be like on the show. I'm mildly insulted that you thought eight was too early to text me.
Speaker 1: I don't. I just think of it as like business hours. I don't picture you as a guy who's like sleep. I know you to be like a pretty active too, so I figured, yeah, yeah, up, pretty like it like I was. I just like, yeah, yeah, no, I understand take it. We'll think that's the inside of me is like I had to start with an apology just the top and then be like yeah, I'm sorry, and then anyway, I'm sorry to bother you. However, yeah sorry about help me. Wait, but what about the alarms in the in the clock radio days?
Speaker 3: And this is maybe just because I was like in high school and it was like not I was not doing so well and needed something jarring to wake me up. What I would do is I would purposefully tune my clock radio, my analog clock radio, to between two stations, so that it was the most god awful thing. You figured, like you cannot sleep through it. It is like like cordant and like terrible and like you have to get up or i'ls drive you mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess once I'm disrupted from my sleep, like I'm just up and I'm angry. Like I remember as a kid, I used to do the snooze until like my parents are like, you have failed out of high school because I just haven't gone because your sleep still. But now like once I'm up, I'm up, So I'd rather just have something delicate to bring me in.
Speaker 3: I see, yeah, yeah, I'm I'm I guess I'm a heavy sleeper, so I just I just need it.
Speaker 2: My majesty, my Duchess is such a fragile sleeper. She got a product where it simulates the sun rising in our room, so we have curtains, right, and then it starts, the light comes up. The goal is to be woken up by the light and then if that's If that doesn't wake you up, the violent noise that it makes is a gorgeous flute right after, so it is so peaceful that you are now tired again. As soon as you wake up, you're ready to go back to bed. But she loves it, and yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, what I would need is the product version of that.
Speaker 3: But it's revealed that the slow, the growing glow is like a nuclear blast that's like maybe like twenty miles away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got to burn by the end of it, you have eight minutes. Yeah, your shadow is burnt into your bed. Yes, by the end of it. That's a grim reference. But anyway, Andrew, thank you for joining us. We're gonna talk to you a little bit more. We're gonna let people know up top what we're gonna be talking about this episode. Who knows if we get to any of these stories, because look, it's just a what but We're gonna talk about Biden's Gaza peer plan, already just vague and seemingly potentially a disaster even more than it should be. We'll talk about those Amazon Fresh just just grabbing bill stores like you don't even need a credit card. Fucking we know, dude. All this AI, well, a secret has been revealed about the technology and we don't I'm not gonna spoil it, but it it's not AI. Is it uplifting? Is it nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is uplifting. It is uplifting to know that Silicon Valley is just absolutely full of bullshit. Uh. Then we'll talk about RFK two and his he is either suffering from debilitating memory loss or he's just totally full of shit news at Elemon and we'll get to the bottom of that. And then we might have time to check in with j LO because the tour wasn't doing so good, but so maybe a little rebrand might help them take it either way. We're going to get to all of that, but first, Andrew T Andrew le Mammy T I T. Yes, thank you. What's something here's your search history or something you recently screencapped?
Speaker 3: Here's an actual question though, before that has the Zeitkang. Ever, because now now the Akas in my years of being on the show have grown, I would say exponentially in length. How far away from a full daily Zeitkeist musical episode. Wow, every every headline could have multiple songs. And I just think it's doable that. Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, I would bring you on.
Speaker 1: I mean we would need a writer's room for that, to be honest, there's only some m JM can do, so I mildly disagree.
Speaker 3: I just think I just think you could outsource enough for this aka is, But for news headlines.
Speaker 1: I'm just starting out there. Just throt out there. We'll see. I just take a full music hall, right right right, and man, yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, a bit of drama. I realized that's right, that's right, there was a little there's a little AKA drama. I thought I redoubled on a CHRISTI Yamagucci man a ka yesterday about having gum tams and then and then LOCARONI also did it. And I just and I'm seeing it play out in the discord. You know what, that's on me. That's on me. I knew there was something that edit this out. No, don't to write the ship. So I sees you, I sees you my bad anyway, shall we get to it? What's something from your search history or something you screencapter something screen.
Speaker 3: Shot serrchise all right, so this is this is some ship that I'm gonna do. I think when I was on Whatever a couple of weeks ago, I talked about apparently I'm on a make stuff that is disgusting culinary kick because I saw this recipe around. I guess the holidays, but now I think, because I have a Chicago based friend who has a gift giving situation, I'm gonna make the fucking Mallort cookies. Oh who here has had when we did our live show.
Speaker 1: When we did our live show in Chicago, it was Daniel van Kirk, obviously the chosen child of Illinois. He was like, you got to drink milord up there on stage and we had it, and I was like, this is it is amazing because it's it's.
Speaker 3: The Mallort is uh like like every every city has its gross you got to try this liquor not every city, but like regions, it's like on everywhere, Malort is unique. Because I think it's correct me if I'm wrong, folks. It's one of the few like gross, you got to try this liquors that is not an it's based on Earth almost every other cultures. You gotta try. This gross thing is Annis somehow, right, right, right? So malort is a liqueur that my best guess is that it's grapefruit pissing.
Speaker 2: Now it does say grapefruit piss here a hydrated. Yeah, it's a basque. It's got an umlot over the a. It's a sweetish drink. Wait, it's flavored with annis or wormwood.
Speaker 1: I don't see that, but yeah.
Speaker 4: But unlike like a sambuca or a fucking or something or any number of like oh, this is the grossest thing our country got, which all tastes the same.
Speaker 1: Somehow, this one genuinely does not taste like it. It tastes.
Speaker 3: It tastes like if you just like took it, if you took a grapefruit and an unripe grapefruit and bit it like an apple. Oly shit, it's so weirdly like specifically cross there's kind of like it.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind. I mean for me, it was more like damn, that was fucking. It was more like the yeah, see their experience was intense. I wasn't more like I needed like grape soda. Now it's acrid. Oh you said soda like Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's acrid, and like, yeah, it's overwhelmingly bitter, unlike other you know, unlike a you know, even a fucking yager mystart, it's not super sweet or whatever. Anyway, So I saw this recipe for mallort cookies that are basically grapefruit chop clip like grapefruit and cocoa powder sugar cookies with a alert glaze on it, and it sounds disgusting. But yeah, I have a friend from Chicago whose birthday it is and they're getting malart cookies and some alert.
Speaker 2: That's very kind of you, first of all, to go through the trouble. You're a very good friend.
Speaker 1: I can't get it.
Speaker 2: Even the color of the liquor, which it's upset. Yeah, it's hard, it is.
Speaker 1: It is dehydrated, like it looks like a piss bottle you'd find in a like a stairwell of like a gage structure, correct in LA or your closet or my closet. Thank you, Yeah you saw that two leader huh. Then I got going and I did you work? So hard.
Speaker 2: You don't go to the bathroom and you don't hydrate. Well, so yeah, that should.
Speaker 1: I call it no alert? Yeah, like they say. And once you.
Speaker 3: Start, like once you have a leader leader and a half, you got to top it all.
Speaker 1: I'm a completion this baby, you know what. That's why I'm watching the rest of the Gentleman. I'm like it started off my fine, but I'm like, got writings too much time. I might as well top off the two Andrew, what's something you think is underrated? I see something that is underrated.
Speaker 3: Something I did yesterday that I forgot that I haven't done in a while, which is just putting the vegan thing in a not vegan place to wit I had but go on Burger Lords. Oh yeah, Burger Lords has a has a vegan burger. That's a that's a it's a burger place in Los Angeles to the one in a Highland Parks Park, and they have a vegan burger that's quite good in that it's like it's like a little on the like falafey side, Like there's like a lot of grain in it, and there's a lot of like kind of visible texture and yeah, it's just like a nice kind of like a patty of something.
Speaker 1: And I just got that. I got a double burger with one beef one vegan. Nice. Oh yeah you're down for this swirl like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, because I was like, they're they're they're genuinely really different. It is a burger that that doesn't really try to like em. It's not like a just worse meat burger. It's kind of like it's own thing.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh yeah, I love I love like like vegan hamburger. It it really like with impossible and stuff. It's really like the experience isn't that much different to me? Especially if you use like normal cheese. Then I'm like, yeah, look I won't eat the bee. Yeah yeah, I'll eat the cheese and look at me. It's better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was the vegan whopper is I think I'm this one. I'm positive I have said on this show.
Speaker 1: I'll say it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The vopper, Yeah, the vopper really highlights that the taste of a whopper is just fake smoke and mayonnaise and right right ye, like anything else could be in there. So it is like, yeah, you can't can't be eating a beef whopper.
Speaker 1: Very much the experience with the vegan burgers or what you're still pure beef? What do you do? I have a life.
Speaker 2: I have three years left, and my life is see it's quite I've hit my ceiling already.
Speaker 1: I'm on borrow time.
Speaker 2: But Andrew, I have a question for you. So you said, so you ordered a vegan patty, and so it was was it was a double? So they were both. It was a double between the same buns. How did you order it? Did you?
Speaker 1: Did they? Oh? Yeah? Did they hesitate at all? Or were you? Like you order two separate?
Speaker 3: And then you can because they have an option for a double anyway, and I just can I just get a double? But can I just get one of them vegan?
Speaker 1: And it is true.
Speaker 3: The guy taking my order looked at me side looked down at the like okay, And.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't It was admittedly a pain in the ass. Up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, because it's a perfectly reasonable request. It just would sound odd to the ear for the first time. Where my friend Todd, he would do a thing where he would order a small coffee in a large cup, and it would be because he wanted to add like a bunch of milk to it, which is not cool, but like that's what you would do. And he also was like, oh, but you also get more. You get charged for a small but they will give you a meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this kind of ship Todd Glass is teaching you man.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's why he was my mentor. Yeah, and that's why I order I have a massive like a sixty four gallon drum.
Speaker 1: Looks like a barrel of methylamine for breaking. Is that the fabled Stanley cup? Is that what that is? This is? Yeah, I haven't basically I'm going to put a child in it.
Speaker 3: And has Blake has a construction orange Stanley cup that does genuinely look more like a code at that.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Look at this tormented promo cup. I got yellow stone hit me stone white. People know I'm safe. I bring you, I got I got yellow stuff. Yeah, oh you got to have a cup that shows your safe.
Speaker 3: Baby, he's an ell I did see a This is this is the part of fucking I guess like TikTok Instagram reels that I'm on the suggested hack, which is which was to a similar similar idea as that you get more in the small cup.
Speaker 1: Or small drink.
Speaker 3: Big cup idea is when you're at Chipotle, right when they're about to give you the second scoop of beans, go oh, actually, could I get half and half beans? Because of what they do is typically drop the the scoop they already have. They're like, fuck it, it's already in the spoon, it's going in, and then they give you another scoop of another the other bean.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Beans classically the single cheapest food.
Speaker 1: I know, you found a free walk or something, you're like yeah, Like even they're like, dude, if you just look, you could have just asked me to hook it up.
Speaker 2: I don't give a I bring my own can. And what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Anyone cooking on TikTok or Instagram? These are all food. I'm realizing now, I like that, should I should have had.
Speaker 1: What specific I'm on? You know, I like to cook too, so a lot of the ship those algorithms feed me, Yeah, is a lot of cooking stuff. But like what sometimes I like. One thing I like to do is if there's a like a dish from abroad that I'm trying to make, then I would like to see how.
Speaker 2: Someone you don't use that phrase anymore. That's crazy a thing.
Speaker 1: That a female h thank you somewhere from from some far, far flung foreign country. Yeah, I like to like then I like to look at their version because usually it's different than the like food Network, like whatever you find in the internet search But what do you like? What dimension of the cooking videos you talking about?
Speaker 3: That I think is probably true, but that I think there's a difference between those are like typically a little more like journalisticky. But I guess what I mean is like any anyone doing like the demo type thing. Not anyone, but most and even the ones that are good cooks are incentivized to add too much ship I do think, and this is this is one hundred percent going to get me canceled.
Speaker 1: But okay, you're already canceled.
Speaker 3: Every every almost everyone on TikTok is over seasoning and over complicating their food. It's just like there's just too and it's because they're trying to avoid the comments that are like no seasoning. I get it, like I I get what they're dodging, but I have cooked before, and I've cooked many of the things they're making, and I'm like, that's too much.
Speaker 1: That's too much. Also, like the amount of salt I see you going sometimes. Yeah, first of all, salt at the fucking end, don't fucking dive in with your salt, because you can't. You can't take that back.
Speaker 3: But I think I think it's because it's televised. They don't have to you know, whatever, they don't. They don't have to eat it. They just have to make it, and they're highly incentivized. And the other thing is I think there's a you know, the sort of stunt cheffery of like, oh I made fuking oxtail and then I put it inside of a ham and it's the ship.
Speaker 1: It's it's not.
Speaker 3: I just wish people could cook and had a little This is broadly for everything. I just wish they had a little capacity for evaluating bullshit. But this is just something I know about, and I'm like, get the fuck out of here with this food, right, it's not going to turn out fuck out of here with this food.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, I think that the one thing though, I got to put people on if you really like cooking. There's this one dude on YouTube. I found this Japanese chef named George. But it's spelled on a goology and it's like it's all techers, it's all technique, Like shit I can know about about how to like really bring all of the flavor out of an onion if you're like if you're putting it in a pan, or like how to just like it's just more details that I appreciate because like the technique is half the battle. Anyway, we could do this all day. Follow me on live where I'll be cooking a meat patty over salted in and out style later to okay, kind of like every half hour for the rest of the day. Yeah, exactly. What's the mean? Thing is overrated? Did we do that already? Yes, cooking on TikTok that's right. This is why what are you doing? This is why you have no I can have one more, though, I was.
Speaker 3: Something that's overrated is not seeing Godzilla versus Cog Holy Ship.
Speaker 1: It's so good, so fucking hard to see it, but it's not streaming anywhere. I fucked myself over by not catching it in theaters.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, the one, the new one in the town now, sorry Godzilla Kong.
Speaker 1: Oh in my mind, god the Japanese one.
Speaker 3: Oh no no, Godzilla minus one is genuinely good.
Speaker 1: That's fucking what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh Zilla Kong is Yeah, they basically figured out it's just pro wrestling, right, like amazing nothing nothing more means so deeply great for sure.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, these motherfuckers jumped to shark when I saw King Kong put a fucking power glove on yea, and I was like, yeah, I'm sorry. Is he like an engineer? He built that to his own specifications because he is a guy like I need a tool to use without spoiling it.
Speaker 3: I will just say the explanation for why he has the power glove is tedious and unnecessary.
Speaker 1: And that's It's one of the perfect bathroom break times. But yeah, it's just like you walked out.
Speaker 3: There's the other part is when they're about to do a little ceremony, every single person. So I saw twice this weekend. So the first time I was like, I can tell this is bathroom time, and I went back, and then the second time I said, I was like, well I should just see what I missed, and everyone else I was with went to the bathroom during that moment. And I was in Alamo where they have those little order cards, and I wrote a note for everyone that said, you didn't miss anything.
Speaker 1: This is the perfect bathroom.
Speaker 3: Break, the perfect You saw it twice.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, I saw it once.
Speaker 3: And then the next day it was my friend's birthday and he was like, you know, all they want to do is see a mad name of Godzilla X calm.
Speaker 1: He was like, fuck it, I'm in Wow, that's a fucking homie right there. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about the news after this. And we're back, and just to kick off with some some global news, I want to talk up quickly about Biden's peer plan that he's building in Gaza. So during the State of the Union last month, Joe Biden basically said he's like, yeah, there's a humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza for sure. Now I could maybe like lean on the government to maybe do something different, but instead, how about this a temporary floating pier built by the military that will now allow the delivery of humanitarian aid on a large scale. And a lot of people are like, really, most people were in the beginning are like that sounds like a real like a terrible trojan horse, or like it's a peer for AID or more boots into I don't I could be used in many different what is AID really? Right? Yeah, And he promised people there would be no boots on the ground from the United States, and following that announcement, Republicans and Democrats seemed just like logistically puzzled. They're like, how, what's so okay? But they're building it, but there's no boots. Oh, because they'll be on the water technically, well, what's going on? So nevertheless, it's already underway. Ships departed for Gaza just days after the State of the Union, and there have been no concrete details that have actually been made public because they're like, it's you know, security concerns, but just in general, there's a lot like without like needing a lot of detail. They're like, can you at least answer this, Like, if this is an emergent quote emergency mission, you said it's gonna take two months, Like what are we doing here? If it's that urgent, then two months seems like a very long time, especially because even by the White House's estimate, one hundred percent of the population in Gaza is at severe levels of acute food insecurity, which is the first time an entire population has been so classified in the entire population. So his plan has like aid groups to like, I don't know why we're gonna spend two months when like we've seen literal hundreds of trucks full of aid and supplies ready to be delivered, but the Israeli government is blocking their entry. And in the South, their aid is being blocked by a lot of like this inspection process where like they're even things like water or metal forks are being rejected. So there are some just very basic questions about this plan that have just not been answered. And they say, like the official word is up to two million meals per day could be delivered through this peer And again they said, but no US troops will set foot in Gaza. But who will be making these deliveries is what journalists were asking at the Pentagon. They're like, Okay, they're building the pier, but like who's like who's actually going to be doing the distribution here? And this Pentagon spokesperson, Sabrina Saying, did not have a great answer. It was sort of like oooh boy, yeah, I'll just play. I'll just play her response to just a very straightforward question of like who who who who distributes the eight once peers built, because it sounds like it may have to be American troops. This is her answer from the Pentagon.
Speaker 6: So that's still something that's being worked out right now. And in terms of the distribution, that's not something that the US military will be involved in. We are, you know, the logistics setting up coordinating the movement of the humanitarian aid from either the floating peer or to the that floating causeway. But that's something that in terms of how the distribution of eight is going to happen once it gets into Gaza, that's not something that you know, we're handling in terms of contracts or you know, how that's going to be done, whether it's through partners and allies and geos. I just don't have I just don't have that for you right now.
Speaker 1: We're just don't have that for you right now. This is a this is a very serious mission where we've told people there will be no American military presence on the ground there, but at least haven't worked that part out, which a line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people can line up, I think will leave it.
Speaker 1: Really they can take dirigible, a dirigible, a dinghy or something to and it's just very very vague, and that's very problematic given like what the situation is urgent.
Speaker 3: It really is wild, how like, yeah, clearly, like Tim Robinson took over as head writer of The White House in.
Speaker 1: The last it was just like, what the fuck are you guys talking about? I don't fucking know what she said? Instead, Yeah, like what I fucking do? Yeah, it's we're very not sure and yeah, and now I guess then the plan would be they said, if there's concern over safety, then Israel will establish a quote security bubble to protect the US soldiers. But now it's like Israel's deploying soldiers to protect the US soldiers who are building a massive structure that only is built to circumvent a blockade maintained by Israeli soldiers. It just doesn't It just feels like there's a very straightforward solution if you're trying to deliver aid, and it would be to use the trucks and the entry points there. So yeah, this is a lot of the reason why too. Because of all the vagueness here, a lot of Palestinians and observers are very skeptical about the project, being like this looks like an occupation port potentially like this will allow US military entry into Gaza and then the more cynical end it could be a place for deportation. So we're still not quite clear what Joe Biden or the Pentagon or whatever is going on. But again I think it's part and parcel of a lot of like tonal shifting from the White House rather than policy shifting, where people are saying like, hey, maybe fucking to put it lightly, knock it off. It's just jazz, baby, this is this is jazz aside.
Speaker 3: You know, we're trying to do whatever the fuck works, Yeah it doesn't work, or does try.
Speaker 1: It or just yeah, man, look we got some we got some things floating out there. Come on, why why am I the bad guy? Come on? You know, let's let's just get over it for a second. Yeah, we shall see what is happening there, because it's the situation does not get better, and by every day we're only hearing things get worse and worse onto something else. I guess we've been disheartening news for people who just love AI so much. Do you remember in twenty sixteen when Amazon were like we got a new concept, y'all for a store that's so advanced and futuristic that it will barely need human labor to operate. And then Wall Street was like, Eh, barely need human labor. Go on, go off, Jeff, We'll tell us more. These like Amazon Fresh stores, there are Amazon ghost stores kind of colloquially known just had a simple concept. Just walk in, grab whatever the fuck you want, walk the fuck out, and then you get your bill just like that. You're not shoplifting, baby, It's because we got we got magic behind the scenes. This is what they said in their press release when they undo the search. Quote when people ask, especially how do you tabulate what? People? Oh, like this, this seems like it could be. This can not go well. Quote. Our checkout free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self driving cars, computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Toboly are just are just walk out technology automatically detect when products are taken from or return to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. Before I get into the reveal here, have any of you ever have you seen I know that like there are these stores around New York. Sorry, I'm getting I almost lost my breath. I know that there are I know it's I just whenever there's bad news about Amazon, I get very emotional because it's sad. It's anyway, I don't understand us. Have any of you been Have you ever been to the grab and Ghost store, whether that be in Seattle or another place. I know that's right originated. But then they there's about like forty stores nationwide that had the technology.
Speaker 2: I've been in the Barclays Center. They have one for drinks, so you can just walk in, grab a beer, and then walk out and I don't care what whatever technological thing you're about to drop on us. I think these stores are important because it gives you the rush of stealing, which is something that I've never had, you know, So it's like, okay, you never publicly had I've never publicly.
Speaker 1: Had. No. No, I've come up, bro, I like I used to come up all the time in high school. I will that's me jokes. But I won't steal a physical item. Yeah, I'll steal entire sets of Communitians.
Speaker 2: Forgot about the entire personalities.
Speaker 1: I took a whole Stephen Right one hour Comedy Central special. I just did it with a little more charisma, and people loved it.
Speaker 2: Because two wrongs do make a right, a Stephen right. People steal his material, but yes, there is a feeling of this really work, Yeah work, does this work? And I appreciate that rush? So yes, I have used it before and out can I ask? Can I ask Andrew Press? You are at the hostage Andrew Andrew? Have you? I?
Speaker 1: I have not?
Speaker 3: But actually the only one I've ever seen is similarly at the now it's the Bemo Stadium where my beloved Angel City get their asses kicked week in, week out, and they have now instituted at the Vegan Fried Chicken Joint. They have a line that is supposed to be Amazon Grab and go, and I have noticed every single time of the Citum not a soul is in that line because I assume it doesn't work well yeah.
Speaker 1: Or fast, because when it first came out, people were like, They're like, it's weird, Like I didn't get a bill to like hours later and people are like, what the fuck was going on? Well, Amazon recently announced it. They're like going to be like throttling these back because they're just really costant infensive and when you really like pull the curtain back. We come to find out the magic wasn't fucking AI. I guess it was, But by AI we mean a team of over one thousand workers in India that were meticulously watching and labeling video footage to ensure accuracy. That's what the fucking Magical Store was just sending a video feed to another office abroad to then just say all right, man, can you add up all the shits and just make sure that all this other technology is actually working? So weird? Yeah, yeah, it was. Apparently, dude, it was. Apparently this shit was. It was so good that seventy percent of sales had to be reviewed by a human because all this fucking fusion sensor, fusion deep learning shit. The only learning that was happening were these people manually training the fucking machine learning shit to be able to be to be able to identify products more accurately.
Speaker 3: I'm actually genuinely surprised that this was AI at all. I will say, in my head, I just assumed there was like an RFID thing in each product and walked out it would beat each thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, And apparently there's like all these other sensors that were so expensive to develop, and they just never don't. They're just like, fucking man, just get some people to watch the fucking add it up so we can make this shit work better. And I think it just goes to show you, like just how much bullshit is surrounding us, especially in the tech sector, especially when coming from Silicon Valley, like all these promises of like it's this new thing, dude, it's fucking magic and it's just a fucking mechanical turk. Dude, that's all it is. And for people who don't remember that as it was a chess playing machine from the fucking eighteen hundreds where a dude hid inside and they're like, this magical machine can beat people at chest. Dude was fucking hiding in the box. So that's what this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking it's always it's always a guy. It's always too, always a guy. Yeah, I Yeah, it's so weird too. How much of like the energy of AI is devoted towards saving labor costs at the literal lowest labor costs possible, Like who the fuck cares if there are cashiers? Seriously, yeah, what the fuck are you?
Speaker 1: Like replacing cashiers is the least important thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, even even from a cold money wise thing, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Why? No one's ever like I mean, I get it again. If you like to come up, then yeah you don't. You don't fuck with the cashier, That's right. I'm sorry. You got me saying cashier like you say, I like caushier cashier. It feels a little more exotic. But also I enjoy the interaction at the supermarket when I'm checking out, especially because sometimes you get people who are like chatty and like, well I was. I was at fucking the supermarket the other day. The checkout person was talking so long that the person next in line had to be like, I'm sorry, I think I think this transaction is done, and I was like, I was like, look, they were telling me about how this used to be a fucking solid gig in the late seventies. Okay, and they've been doing this, so why don't you pay some respect? Look open your ears. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even like the uh the fucking self checkout thing. And my new thing I've started saying to people like the when the employees are like, oh, the self checkout line is open, and my new response is I won't be able to help myself from stealing from you if I go there.
Speaker 1: So that's good. I'm sorry, I'm a kleptomaniac.
Speaker 2: I'm going to steal from you if I use that. So yeah, I don't think so, not today. Medically I need to be in this line. Yeah, for my mental health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Do you ever the other day when at the same store, I saw like a mislabeled pack of chicken that was the place was way too low. Gotcha, I had, I had. I had to do it to him. I had to do it. You have to, that's you. You have to. They're so easy. So again, underrated people. People sleep on dark meat. I'm so sorry, y'all are this is this is this is tough.
Speaker 3: The rating system for dark meat is so polarized because this underrated means you just think your audience is too is over indexes for white people. No, no, no, I'm saying people like I won't have that. People like that most of the time, right, you get a chicken breast. Most of the time you're served chicken breast at a restaurant, So most people are used chicken tenders or the breast tender, so most people are used to eating that kind of meat. And again, I know.
Speaker 1: People who know. Obviously it's the most juicy, delicious, succulent part. Baby, That's what I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. And I know, I know everybody eats dark meat, but I'm just saying, switch switch over. Because it's also hard to fuck up like you can't. It's really hard to dry out a thigh. That's also just from an ease of use perspective. That's what I'm saying. People can't cook again. People don't know how to check out my Instagram. I'm gonna be fine chicken thigh on the concrete for one hour, all right, So let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll just check in with j LO and RFK two. Why not after this and we're back RFK two. I guess I like saying RFK two.
Speaker 3: I was enjoying the outro to the last segment where it did sort of sound like j LO and RFK were on tour together.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, yeah, that, I mean, who knows that might help for ticket sales. Markets are available, Tickets are available, they are widely available. Please please, we are RFK coming to so if we all anti vaxxers, you can come through and hear a couple of conspiracy theories and boding, yeah you know, I'm real and Josh Wool will be there too. So anyway, RFK Jr. Has been in and out of the spotlight obviously since he announced he's running for office, whether it's tales of people farting loudly during his arguments over whether or not Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese people were immune to covid, or about how he lied about celebrities coming to his fucking birthday party. He's always getting attention for the wrong reasons, and sadly, he continues to make things worse for himself because every time he's in these stories, he just denies they ever happened. But people are like, dude, you said it, or like your people sent the email? What do you mean? Like you had nothing to do with it. And recently he was on Chris Cuomo's show Remember That Guy, where Cuomo brought up the fact He's like, you know what, dude, you're just just for the record, but you got a pretty wild fucking track record of the same fricky shit. Like all kay, I remember you said Bill Gates is gonna put five GM. People's brains and stuff and take your money or something like that, and then he had, like your COVID conspiracies, you're an anti vaxxer, you're kind of the you're kind of one of the biggest faces of the anti vaxx movement, and also your nine to eleven stuff. And I'm just gonna play this clip because he's does not this, does not want to talk about it at all, like in this very very very like suspicious way. Again, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has some kind of debilitating memory loss, or maybe he's just full of shit.
Speaker 7: But here you decide to that suggestion that, whether it's nine to eleven or the deep state or vaccines, that you believe wacky things.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're talking about nine to eleven. I you know, I don't recall saying anything about conspiracy.
Speaker 1: I interview.
Speaker 7: I do not interview where you were saying you're not sure what happened. You know what I'm talking about, Bobby, I'm not. I'm not, you know, sneaky about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm spectful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not trying to be goy. Chris. I just I you know, I think if you go back and look at that interview or any interview, I never I never voiced the conspiracy there.
Speaker 1: There's Okay, sir, you can't this is something no one can do in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four. You can't be like, yeah, go check the tape, motherfuckers. Everything is there. Everything is there. So again in this clip, people just said, okay, here it is. Let's just cut to that earner interview. Chris Cuomo is referencing and just hear what exactly what version of the nine to eleven thing he was in on.
Speaker 5: There's I know, there's strange things that happened that don't seem.
Speaker 1: What are the strange things. Well, one of the.
Speaker 5: Buildings came down that wasn't hit by a plane, so you know, it wasn't Building seven or Building.
Speaker 1: Ten that collapse because two of the world's biggest buildings collapsed on top of it.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't collapse on top of it. My offices were down there. My offices were closed.
Speaker 1: So one of the buildings in next to the trade center, there's sures have collapsing.
Speaker 5: There's nothing collapsing on top.
Speaker 1: He goes on and on, and I think this is interesting about Building seven. After the investigation, they're saying that all of this debris from the collapse started all these fires within the building and like burnt the floor out and then like a major structural column failed and that's why it collapsed. And he's just like, I don't know, man, I was down my offices were down there. I'm just saying weird stuff. But I wonder if, like, again, do you think in his mind he's like, that's not a conspiracy theory because it's true, yeah, Or if he's just like, look, bro, why you gotta press me right now? Man, I'm trying to fucking I'm trying to be an unseerious candidate for president right now.
Speaker 2: For once, I'm like glad that I'm not a part of one of these legendary political families because I don't have access to whatever Tanning bed the Kennedys and the Cuomos use, because whatever it is, it is it is a faulty bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or yeah, for real, they really they their gooses cook, you could look for their size, are tried out those size definitely dry. Oh yeah, h brittle, brittle, delicious. But yeah, it's just it's just so good yeah, But I mean, like it's interesting too because even with all this right, he's still polling in a way that has both Republicans and Democrats being like, what the fuck? This guy could really funck shit up. But you know, because we talk about how slim the margins are, especially in some of these swing states, and if enough people go the RFK way, that could be great news for either Biden or Trump, depends on who's polling you're looking at. But the thing is, there's still one unknown about all this. He's currently only on one ballot for November. Because when you when you run as an independent, you need to gather a certain amount of signatures to get onto the bat to get that get that ballot access. So right now, the state of Utah is the only one where I believe, like as of this reporting, he is officially on the ballot. He keep saying things like, you know, I'm in the process. We're getting out there in Nevada, North Carolina, New Hampshire, a couple other places, and then those secretaries of states secretaries of state for those places are like, we don't have any we don't have any shit from him yet, Like the deadline's coming up, We don't have nothing from him. I think I'd imagine he's probably close, because why spend all this fucking money just to be like, well, y'all can vote for me in Utah. Like that's not that's not a proper candidacy. And I think that's why a lot of people have looked at his new VP pick, the very wealthy Silicon Valley lawyer Nicole Shanahan, with some raised eyebrows and be like, oh, okay, maybe you need her cash to help your ballot access mission here. So we're not we're not quite sure where this ends up, but I mean we could know very soon. I mean within the next few months, Like it'll be clear how far along he is, because some of those deadlines are approaching, like in April and May.
Speaker 3: I will just say, listen, I think it's been pretty clear the devil Crats are not exactly candy political operators or good at this at their fair basic jobs. But they should be able to run a campaign where he is not a problem problem. Yeah, that should be on them.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably right. They're like they're they're keeping their powder dry, so to speak, to be like, right now, we got to go all in on just basically being like Trump is bad and don't talk about like the promise of what a Biden administration part two would look like. Just focus on him, back him.
Speaker 2: Back him bad.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it truly is like it's like, yeah, I mean, if it's like this disconnected, if you need people this disconnected from reality to win against Donald Trump, you shouldn't have a political party that needs these people for real.
Speaker 1: For Rell, did you see that there's a new Day of Attel special on Netflix. I was like, I haven't seen I even heard from that guy in years. And he had this one joke. He's like, you're talking about Trump is like, but I'm a Biden man. Hunter Biden joke. Perfect, David, I'm a Biden man. Oh man, But Blake, are do any of Are you you feeling the it's for r f K two or no, you're you're you're probably you're out on him. You're you're a hunter Biden man.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm a Biden I was. I was an r f K one guy for a while, you know, imk Yeah, you know the sequels never better than the than the original, But like no, yeah, no, it's he does every time. He's one of those guys where you think he's crazy. The idea of him in your head has to be crazier than the real thing, you know, because we try to caricaturize like people and then you watch clips and it's like, no, that's pretty spot on. Yeah he does look that way, he does talk that way, he does say those things, he does believe those things. Okay, Oh, he does do those push ups with that form. He's always the same.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's his push up for him? Perfect? Wait?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like he seems like a guy that does perfect push ups?
Speaker 1: Is he? Oh? Yeah, he loves him. Oh yo, that's I remember that when he was like wearing the denim jeans, looking like he was like an eighties like like prison gang type.
Speaker 2: It was a breathable it was one of those breathable workout denims.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now certainly from a company that has advertised on Daily's like christ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go. Oh he's he keeps it low. He's really trying to keep Yeah, good for him. Got to where is he working out? It looks like a I'm sorry, is he already? I think it's so he was.
Speaker 3: Gas after like six I mean, he's he's pretty old it's pretty you sound, but he looks like.
Speaker 1: He'd been doing push ups already. That's right, right, we caught him. Try dude, I just did that, bro. It's relate also, that's it's rich coming from a guy who would do like two push ups and be like I need to smoke weed for the rest of the day. That's no way, not for me. I'm trying to find a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I find it much easier to work out if I'm a little stone, because I hate I hate working out. Here is I'm trying to find a way to make this joke without advocating political assassination, because I think it's getting most mostly wrong. Good display except for that dude, except that dude in Japan who just like changed, Oh yeah, we just hit him with that PBC shotgun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was wild too, because after that people were like, the way the media and Japan handled it wasn't like, yo, this dude is wow, what the fuck is going on? How dare he? They're like, well, what made him want to go after and then they're like whoa hold on a second, and then that really fucking disrupted a lot of the party politician Japan, not in a revolutionary way, but enough that the whole thing became about oh yeah, oh yeah, maybe he has something, maybe he was something. But anyway, with this RFK joke, that just I'm just trying to find it somehow.
Speaker 3: But since you keep calling him RFK two, I I I was looking for some version of we just need Sir Hans Hans.
Speaker 1: Sir Sir haunts to the fourth Power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably don't assassinate anyone, almost certainly.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, not at all. Yeah, it's it usually never works. He usually never went but sometimes you can can shift the conversation. Okay, let's move on to another character from From Our Lives. Jennifer Lopez j Lo jalo one. This is a quick one because last month, right, I don't know if did any of you catch that am I started watching that Amazon things she did because I knew it was just gonna be fucking all over the place. I couldn't watch it. Yeah, it's like a fever dream musical. Basically. I think she probably saw, like how Beyonce was doing visual albums.
Speaker 3: She's like, I could do that shit. Yeah, I'm a little surprised that. Yeah, go ahead, no, no, no, ahead with the headline. You know what do you mean was surprised of what? Did she attempted it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, go ahead, I'll be surprised, that's the thing you say next, I'm only surprised because I'm reading ahead.
Speaker 1: In the document. No, no, that's fine, that's that's fine. It's called ruining the segment Andrew. But so basically she had this tour like launching alongside this like visual musical album whatever thing she did on Amazon, but she just quietly canceled like the last seven stops on the new tour because of alleged quote logistical issues with the promoter. And then most people were like, I think it's because all of these tickets aren't sold, but who knows, who knows? Who knows? And because of that, I think it lends a little bit more credence to that idea, that theory, because now Jalo has also rebranded the aim of her tour from the this is Me Ellipses now, which is the you know, name of the Amazon thing, to now this is Me Live the Greatest Hits. Yes, And to me, that sounds like you're just trying to be like, hey man, I know that. Man, know that, I know that musical Ship was way too confusing, but trust me, Jalo is back baby, and we're gonna have waiting for tonight. Whoa with all that shit, I'm real all those hits and so so so please please buy a ticket. I don't know. I mean, is that is are we are we all in agreement here that that may be what the case is here? If you if you suddenly read title your tour to be like, Okay, not the new album, just all the good stuff I made. Yeah, no new ship right right? Proven you will like this data Jennifer Lopez. Enjoyable Jennifer Lopez. If you had my love for three hours straight on a are you ready? But yeah, I don't know. I hope it works out for her, but I still always I don't know if any of you. There's this Vanity therapiece that was written in the lead up to her releasing this Amazon thing, And I bring this up a lot because it's just so funny. It's a very like honest, like reporting on the process of her making this Amazon thing, where everyone in her life that is important to her told her to not do it, and that like please, like you don't need to do this, like it's gonna be different. Even Ben afflecks Like I'm telling you, like I've made shit on my own. It's not easy, and it's gonna cost her so much fucking money when nobody wants to do it, Like it's just like nobody wants to have my back, none of it.
Speaker 3: I just didn't realize this was like considered such an overreach, Like I I guess I didn't realize that, like j Lo is that much less popular than I think.
Speaker 1: Well, it was more this specific. It was more this specific. It was the direction of this thing, which is like this like deep abstract dive, deep dive into her subconscious love life. And how all these very confusing visuals, like all these people like there was like a council of astrological signs played by different people like sad Guru, the YouTube guy, and like Nail deGrasse Tyson and like Jane Fonda's in it. There's like a bunch of just weird stuff in it. And people are like, I don't know if I think what they want to say is like, girl, I don't know if this is like good.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm just saying, yeah, a staged a stage concert, a stadium tour production where she just re does like a live staging of the cell okay, yeah, or out of sight or just Eddie.
Speaker 1: But you know, is it just sell just do some Yeah? Yeah, that's t sing joint, isn't it. Yeah? Yeah? Do that? Wow? She should just have tarsum, do the fucking visuals, you know what I mean? Yeh, and freak out her audience of like people who are like, you know, wine moms, yeah or whatever, the JLO democrat. What is the JLO demographic nowadays? I'm actually kind of curious.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, wine moms and older club are there people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to think of people who, like, you know who the Taylor Swift fans are. You know who a Tina Turner fan is. You know who a Beyonce fan is? You know who a Madonna fan is? J LO. I'm like, I get it, but I just can't. I can't, like I can't sort of visualize them in like a whole stadium.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's maybe because maybe it's a Vegas crowd, you know what I mean? Yeah, wherever tourists are no one who lives in the place that the concert is in go and then a lot of you another place, and.
Speaker 1: Then people disappointed that she's not actually Selena, and they're like, oh yeah, fuck, just do a do a whole, yeah, a whole Selena.
Speaker 3: Just do greatest hits in character in your various movie characters.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that. Yeah, you got it. If it is like an eras tour, you know type of things like, Okay, so now I'm on my cell tarsum thing, I'm in my Selena thing. I'm in my she goes out from vainly fly girl to fucking Celena to riveting, riveting stuff. That was Wait, I'm just trying to look. I need to see because that jump, that's it. That's called an iconic jump because I was Rosie Perez. Wasn't she also a fly girl? I think I believe. So let me just do that.
Speaker 2: These ideas take you from Amazon Prime to an HBO, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Or like this gives you some prestige or a series of tiktoks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a pinnacle.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just trying to look through. Let's see. Man, what why am I not seeing? What is this? Oh? Producer? God right, she's a multi hyphen man. I was I was looking at all her producing credits. Okay, let me scroll down stroll scroll down. Okay, so, okay, did did some TV? Did some that TV show South Central? I remember that one in nineteen ninety four, she was in Jack. I forgot that, the Robin Williams movie. Then Selena, then obviously Anaconda.
Speaker 3: Then you turn a big snake on the stage comes out.
Speaker 1: Wow exactly, but oh and she goes it just starts off snakes don't bite. And then John Void comes out and he goes, they don't and he references his scar. Oh my god, dude, I love that monologue he gives. And the condas are a perfect killing machine. Anyway, look it up. But yes, good luck to you, Jennifer Lopez. I feel like that will probably work if just people like, look, I'm doing the hits, bro, I'm doing it. It's like a super Bowl halftime show. And that's fine, get your money. Look, trust look, we've all we've all made mistakes trying to self produce an Amazon distributed you know, just art piece, so very relatable, and we got your back. Andrew g thank you so much for joining us. Thanks, it's always great, dude. I'm so glad people don't know a little bit the scenes. Andrew and I we've had a nice lunch last week. We did. We hung out. It was a good time and we always hang out through our mutual friends and we're like, well, this is the first time we just hung out together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, solo hang. I had a salad that was more fried catfish than vegetables than salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, I was looking at I was a little bit. I was like, bro, I'm just gonna get the fried catfish. You're like, I'm gonna get them. I'll have a salad. Yeah, I get back to town salad with the nuggets on it. Yeah. It was a downtown salad. That's for fun. It was downtown. No, no, it turned out to me. Oh yes, yes, yes, it was good good, it was great. I'm saying my my okrah was real good, all right, wonderful.
Speaker 2: And I want to say the chemistry between you two, it shows that you guys got lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're definitely you're next when we go to Vegas. Yeah, I'll see you there. I'm just going to black out in the Usher show. Where can people find you? Follow you? Listen to you all that? And what's the tweet you like?
Speaker 3: Just Andrew t the last time is t I just ever where my podcast, as you know, is as racist. A tweet that I like is I guess a promotion for a short film that Chris Estrada did. He he made this fool but he has a little short on YouTube called fifth of July that friend of my friend, I believe, friend of this show, Steve Hernandez.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's oh yeah, big heart love, Yeah, he's it's it's it's really fun. It's a fun. Sorry, just is he an Amazon ad? I mean a Verizon AD? I swear to god I was on an airplane and I could have swore. I saw Steve. I saw big hearn acting like he was like a technician for Verizon in this commercial. I feel like I've seen that too. I mean he definitely acts.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I I.
Speaker 1: Haven't seen an ad in years. No, it was like very it was like very passive. I think it was like when I was flying back from Texas or something and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, he's got technician vibes. I would let him, you know, fiddle around with my router.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out, shout out to that po We already know what it is is, all right, and uh, I'm sorry. I think that was that was out your tweet.
Speaker 3: That was a piece of media, Yes, but you know, tweet piece of media. But yeah, fIF fifth of July on YouTube. I don't know why I'm promoting it like I made it, but it was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, amazing, Blake. Yeah, thank you so much, thank you. It's been great having you been a pleasure. It's it's funny, man. I feel like when you lived in La we're always like, oh man, we got to hang out, and now you're gone, and now I'm like, at least I could have them in podcast for him stop it by saying that.
Speaker 2: We need to treasure what we can get, and this is.
Speaker 1: Maybe we need to go have an uptown salad together. You know what uptown catfish on Yep, I'm sorry, cat fried catfish on its side. Just it's them interacting with the lettuce. I can just already feel the wilting of it. I didn't mean to ask you when we were eating, and it didn't because I didn't want to fuck up your experience, Andrew. But that was the whole time it was. It was weirdly fine. Yeah, the ship was good, Blake. Where did people find you? Follow you? Watch you? Because you've got specials, good lore. You've got there, there's ways to experience you.
Speaker 2: I really know how to put material out before it's ready, except for by our special Blake Wexler Daddy Long Legs, which is streaming on YouTube. In April, I have some some tour dates. Going to be in Cincinnati at Gobinana's Comedy Club. Going to be in Philly at the end of April. Also back in Brooklyn at Strong Rode Brewery. And in May, I'm gonna be in Bristol, Tennessee, and Lancaster in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So come see me at Blake Wexler. You can find all those dates on there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. Is there a piece of media media that you're joining.
Speaker 2: A piece of media comes from a funny comic in New York, David Drake. His handle is on threads. Is where I found this, Oh, David Drake Comedy and the media is. My daughter found a pine cone this morning and that was enough for her to have fun. It almost made me question the pile of malli I had to consume in order to enjoy the company of a close friend.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fucking amazing. You can find me at Miles of Gray wherever they got at symbols. Obviously, Jack and I have the basketball podcast. I was in Jack got Mad Boostie's and ninety podcast with Soviha Alexandra Fortunenty fiance. A tweet that I like is actually I saw it. Look, I'm gonna be honest. I was on threads recently, oh okay, and I caught and I caught this thread well, because you know Joe Flaherty who's a founding member of SCTV for like comedy nerds out there. He passed away recently, and maybe if you're not, if you don't remember SCTV or like old school Canadian sketch and things like that, I mean, like we have our sketch comedy because of sc TV, I would I would argue, but there you might know him from Happy Gilmore. He was the dude who kept wanting to hang out with Shooter at the Red Lobster. He's like Shooter, that guy, that's Joe flaherity. Anyway, he recently passed and h Dana Gould put this on his threat and I was really interesting because I knew, I knew that he was an SETV and I knew that like all these other people like just seeing the amount of outpouring from other comedians, where like Joe Flaherty was the shit. This is a really interesting one, Scott, he says, just said. Eugene Levy once said that the hardest he ever laughed in his life was when he was editing a five Neat Guys sketch This is a sketch on SCTV and realized that Joe Flaherty was playing the whole thing as if his character was just slightly drunk. He never told anyone, He just did it a half step off and a little sloppy for whoever would want, who forever, for whoever could catch it. And then he say said, Joe Flirty was a soft spoken, kind hearted and quietly brilliant in terms of sheer talent. Very few people could touch him. Rest in peace. And I just i'll if that is interesting to you, just look up five Neat Guys the SCTV sketch because it's so subtle, but it's funny because everybody else is like, it's the five Neat Guys supposed to be like the sort of like corner stop, corner store or barber shop, quartet type band doing like traditional songs and Flaherty's just like kind of got this look in his eye and just slightly off and it's so it's just it warmed my heart and like those are the little things that funny people like to fuck with each other over. So I thought that was a nice little moment. You can find us at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We got a Facebook fan base website Daily zey Guys dot com where post our episodes in our footnotes there. It is wow, I like the you took artistic liberties with that. I appreciate you that. Baby. Uh. You find all the episodes as well as a song We're Gonna ride out on? What song are we gonna ride out on? Well, guess what we're gonna go out on. This song called the Blackbirds are a song by the Blackbirds, which was founded by jazz legend Donald byrd Uh and these like students that he like sort of found when he was teaching at Howard University. So it should be no be no surprise that this track is referencing something in Washington, DC, specific Rock Creek Park, and this is the Blackbirds with Rock Creek Park. This is like just some nice seventies like funk, R and B kind of stuff that is just it's just good, just good toe tapping music. And I encourage you to check out the rest of the Blackbirds material because it's a lot of great musicians. They played for, like everybody like, they backed a lot of people. I'm like, I don't like. Yeah, I can't name any but Bob King, ROBERTA. Flack just to name a few. So check this out. This is Rock Creek Park by the Blackbirds. That'll do it for us for this morning. We'll be back later to tell you what's trending. Until then, peace out by