Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: Hear a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by bad Larry Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey Larry, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 4: Walking out of this? All right, I'm just walking out of this restaurant. Arpum, go ahead, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Why would you go to the restaurant when you know we're going to have the podcast right now?
Speaker 4: Because I pulled in it a quarter after twelve off of the highway and now I went in and put my order in. I just told my wife to make it to go and I'm ready.
Speaker 3: What'd you get.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: He said, I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: What did you order? Larry?
Speaker 4: They messed it up? I went corned beef on rye French fries. But make it to go because they're sitting down to eat right now, and I figure it'll be half an hour with you guys and then I'll eat mine on the road.
Speaker 1: Nobody all right, so bad Ben, Larry's on the road, nobody cares anymore. Shae is in. Uh wait, we just lost Shay. Wait, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Hung up? That's what? Wait?
Speaker 1: Why did Shae hang up?
Speaker 6: We'll get him back right now.
Speaker 3: Probably because of the unflattering pictures of him going around?
Speaker 4: Oh I know, I know that was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you do that? You you? You said to Ai, tell me what you think Shaye looks like.
Speaker 6: So I put a picture in for Shae for a gambling reel last week, and I was like, give me a picture of this guy in Italy, and they edited him into just looking really really fat. And he says that that's not what he looks like. And then I gave him another one and they just made him even fatter.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe Ai isn't all bad.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think I think Shay is checking in.
Speaker 6: Marvin's working on it.
Speaker 1: Right, Mark, Okay?
Speaker 5: Bad.
Speaker 1: Larry lost one unit, so he's in four and a half units. Shaye won six units, so he's almost in the plus and Dylan, Uh, he lost two units to your mind is four units?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hang in there, all right?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: I think we Shay. Are you there?
Speaker 5: Anny?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think try it again? Show you there, Danny? All right, well, thank you, thank you? I guess yeah what Ray?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Are you on speaker?
Speaker 6: No, we're getting feedback from from your phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah we can here. Okay, that's better.
Speaker 6: Took it off speaker, didn't you?
Speaker 5: No? I took it off bluetooth, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, all right, okay, can can we try this again?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it just feels like there's some tension in here and there's no reason for that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of fighting.
Speaker 1: But why Okay, the AI what you think Shay would look like? And you sent those pictures to Shae? I mean, what kind of shit was that? I didn't approve of that? Ray goes, look at this, Dylan goes, look at this. Isn't it funny? And I go, he's not gonna like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, rude, Danny. Is really just propaganda from the suits in your office, because that's what Ray and Dylan really are. Corporate play to the man, and they are mad that an independent mind has showed up and showed the people what it's like thinking for yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sarious, Now why are you in Texas well?
Speaker 5: It's Juneteenth, Danny.
Speaker 1: You don't normally go to Texas for Juneteenth.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it'd be appropriate for me to celebrate this year here. So I'm down here at the origination spot of it.
Speaker 1: Feels like we're mocking June teeth. I mean, that's just when I'm kind of in here.
Speaker 5: That's not true at all. I love this holiday. The best food in the country you served on this day. But yeah, I mean Texas, there's there's nine kids in the house, all under the age of ten, and I'm sober, so I'll probably be hurting myself in a different way.
Speaker 1: So you went to Italy at Lake Como and you stayed sober the entire time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, it was hard.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I'm not a big wine guy, Danny, and you know whatever.
Speaker 3: It don't seem like you discriminate that much.
Speaker 5: Well I would, I would. You know what I would drink And this is true, the two dollars boons farms, remember them? Yeah? Oh man, I used to drink those like water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have other alcohol in Italy. Just let you know, grappa, Yeah, like an apparol, sprits. No, I'm all right, it's and drinking around Italians. I mean, we all what really happens. It's just not good for me, all right, so we recap what happened last week and JJ spawn. I don't think anybody had JJ spawn Oh my god, No, no on their bingo card. As we'd like to say, one other item. Since you're in Texas, the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader's got a four pay increase.
Speaker 5: Big mistake. Now they're going to be doing whatever they want.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: I mean, Danny is the only way Jerry controls anybody is with money. And now I mean they're going to be independent thinkers. They're going to be sleeping with players dating them. It's just dangerous. It's a dangerous president. But you know what's really dangerous is a Lakers being worth ten billion. This might be my opportunity, Danny. Jerry might sell the team.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No, it takes away everything, It takes away everything that he cares about his ego.
Speaker 5: No, he he disappeared power attorney. When stevenets Power Attorney and Jerry's on a death bed, ten billion looks real good to the silver spoon. Do you think he wants to keep dealing with this headache. Everybody hates them. He's not his daddy, I know.
Speaker 1: But and they're probably worth twelve billion, gotta be. Yeah, yeah, they're worth more than the Lakers. The Lakers don't even owe their own their building.
Speaker 3: That is not wild at this point. Ten billion for a brand, although that's probably the least valuable real estate in Los Angeles is downtown l.
Speaker 5: A fair right about now, too. Better not have a tan when you're down down LA, you get picked up.
Speaker 1: We better not send Dylan there.
Speaker 3: I'm too pale.
Speaker 5: But if I might, I'm rounding him up day war.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's one of the Homeland up against the wall, Sir.
Speaker 1: H recapping bad Larry has ok se to win H for two exact that's still alive. The the US Open, Scheffler Top ten, Xander top twenty, and baseball. You didn't do too well, I don't think no.
Speaker 4: I look, all three of those games won by a run. The mess off four and nothing going into the ninth, they win four to three. Yankees win one nothing and the other one was at four to two in the ninth, and one four to three. So all three games won. I was given one and a half runs in each and lost all three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just parlayed the money line, Larry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, parlay the money line would have been good.
Speaker 1: You're right, Dylan. What do you want to recap? Your US Open was bloodshed?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: All losses, Dan, Yeah, NHL though had my Panthers series, bat Cash and Connor Hallibuck won the Hart Trophy.
Speaker 1: Okay, any about it? Any basketball you want to recap?
Speaker 3: So I have the Pacers to win exactly four to three, okay, and I actually I have them for the series too.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: What's the Grand Salami?
Speaker 3: That's the under seventeen and a half. So that's like the total run score for the day in baseball today? No, that was I rode Larry's beat with him. Oh that was from last week.
Speaker 1: Did you lose no One? Oh you did? Okay? Yeah, Shaye did the Grand Salami as well?
Speaker 3: You opt on that, t Shae?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah? Hell yeah? Okay those the squad Ride.
Speaker 1: Baby Golf, you didn't do too well either, missed two of them, you got one. So that leads us to this week. Bad Larry. Since you're waiting on your food order, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna double up on not double up. I'm gonna put one more unit on. Okay, see tonight we want to be given five and a half or six or somewhere six perfect, And I was leaning towards the under, but that under came down. My son told me so in the course. They're in the restaurant now. But I got my son and my daughter with me and my wife, Dylan and Shaye. My sister in law, Casey flew up last night, so she'll be in pork she'll be in Main with us, but she's not on the car ride up. Just to fill your guys in Okay, all right, So my son said, these these ones, it was like two twenty eight and it's like two twenty one today to twenty.
Speaker 1: One and a half.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was that high, but it was definitely a couple points higher.
Speaker 4: No, there were two twenty eight, then to twenty six and two. I mean, I've been home, I've been betting them. It's only down to two twenty. I'm gonna take. I'm gonna stay with the under. So one unit under that and one unit Okac Dan, just a question for you. If Okasee wins, Shay has to win the MVP. Right, there's nobody else you can even think about giving it too. Yeah, okay, good because.
Speaker 5: I have that bet too.
Speaker 4: I know I'm risking five units to win one, but I thought it would be easier than this for him to win it.
Speaker 1: Who has more value? Shaye Gilgis or Shay and Irving?
Speaker 4: Oooh oh Shane Irving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shane Irving, I want to gild Yeah yeah, I went too.
Speaker 5: Wow, thanks Larry.
Speaker 4: Now, Texas is tech. That's the reason we're celebrating jun Tis, right because texas As tinally realized the.
Speaker 5: Slaves the Yankees final Yeah, the Yankees finally reached Galveston two years after the Emancipation Proclamation and they freed the slaves there and now there's a party every year and it's awesome.
Speaker 4: You guys were a last state to do it, right.
Speaker 5: Oh hell yeah by two years?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: Yeah, awful, awful? You know?
Speaker 1: Uh, Dylan? How about you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 3: Uh? The Travelers Championship, the Masters of Connecticut, it's.
Speaker 1: Going on in Cromwell, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Is there? I got some JM to win plus fifty five.
Speaker 1: Hundred and he loves son Jam.
Speaker 3: He tears this course up to you, Dan. Of course he does, and I got a little parlayh jj spawn top ten and Victor Hoflin top ten coming off of their performances at the US Open plus eleven sixty. I just don't want to be left out if one of them does something. And then Keegan Bradley top five plus six hundred, mister Ryder cup yep, and the home game for him it's the Boston guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's been there before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as close to a home game as they get.
Speaker 1: And then one in Boston would be probably a closer on well.
Speaker 3: Regular tournament. I guess if they play a Brookline then that would okay. And then Cameron Young end of round one leader plus eight thousand, because why not? Okay, NBA, I'm taking the under as well at two to twenty one and a half. Whatever, Okay, and that's it. That's all.
Speaker 1: Dan, you got up and Chay, do you have anything this week?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh yeah, Danny, Okay, what do you want? First? Golf? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Give me golf because you're usually bad at that, so we can least sure.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much for support. So yesterday I'm on a flight from United and of course it's delayed because we're coming out of Newark. But they got direct TV, and they had one movie playing that I couldn't stop watching. It was Godzilla Versushdorra nineteen seventy one. Uh, fantastic film written by mister Bano out of Japan.
Speaker 1: We're not doing this. We're not doing this.
Speaker 5: Top twenty ricky plus one seventy, Burger plus one oh five, and I got Burger to win at fifty to one in Aburg twenty five to one.
Speaker 1: Danny, all right, you want to take Colin moore Kwa to win plus eighteen hundred.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I got to make you one. I got to make you one.
Speaker 3: How was that the only movie?
Speaker 5: The only movie I watched? Okay, you know who Hidora is. He's a tadpole like creature that invades the actual island of Japan and Godzilla killed them.
Speaker 1: But it's a tadpole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was. It's always wet Travelers, Danny.
Speaker 3: That's true. Huh My At the Travelers last year, my cousin's boyfriend got struck by lightning.
Speaker 2: Bingo really yeah, like the day before.
Speaker 5: We get struck that year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if there are there are. Yeah. So he was one of two people who did like they were like touching a tree and I got hit and they had to get like resuscitated. Dang, And I don't.
Speaker 5: Were touching a tree together, like two of them, like we're together, touching a tree together.
Speaker 3: Like leaning on leaning on it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Were they hugging the tree? Were they around the tree to get holding hands?
Speaker 3: I didn't ask, but that would make sense. How the electricity traveled, right?
Speaker 5: Was this like a green tea thing?
Speaker 3: Like they chained themselves to the tree and they said, don't take this tree.
Speaker 1: Down, green peace.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's odds on any electrocutions this year.
Speaker 1: Is the Is there any baseball that you would like to mention?
Speaker 5: Shaye? Uh? What did I do with the baseball? I did? Yeah? I got some baseball because I'm an American.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to tell you where you hunger eight to have.
Speaker 5: Mets plus one and Ohs plus one fifteen?
Speaker 1: I got Mets plus one twelve? Oh cut okay Orioles plus one fifteen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll do it, okay?
Speaker 1: Uh? Anything else that needs to be mentioned? A Dylan and Ray were maybe thinking about trying to attempt the world record for golf playing thirty six consecutive hours.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start breaking Getness world records then, okay. I think the guy who did it was like a former pro baseball player or something turned like super Marathon R. So I don't know if it's really attainable. I think he walked one hundred and four miles or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't take a cart, well I would.
Speaker 6: You cannot. To get the Guinness World Record, you have to walk.
Speaker 3: But is there a section for if you did it with a cart?
Speaker 6: I'm looking that up right now.
Speaker 3: Dang that I could probably do. I just get sick of playing golf, I think eventually.
Speaker 1: And when are the us O Been Darts Championships.
Speaker 6: June twenty seventh and twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Where is that MSG?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: New York City. So we're thinking about going to see.
Speaker 1: Our boy, the eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 6: That's right? Yeah, okay, it's called the Greatest party in Sports what Yeah, because it's like it's set up like almost like October fests. So they have long, long tables and the pitchers of beer and it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Really yeah yeah? Hu very European.
Speaker 5: Right at my alley?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You fat shaking common? Where's Lenen.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: So next Thursday and Friday, they're going to have the the World Dart Championships.
Speaker 6: Is that next week?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, the next Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 5: I think next Friday, Ohriday.
Speaker 6: No, it's at seven pm on Friday, so we have time.
Speaker 3: I could do it for Saturday matte as well.
Speaker 6: We could do that.
Speaker 3: It feels like a daytime.
Speaker 1: It sounds like something Larry would show up.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, I could beat these fuckers.
Speaker 4: Where is it? I miss where it is?
Speaker 6: MSG? New York City?
Speaker 5: Oh so MSG?
Speaker 4: Why is whyed deal? I know Shaye's in Texas, but why isn't Dylan not going to Cromwall? Is he not allowed back after his appearance last year?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Ray, so we've gone three years in a row. But the person I used to get tickets from has since retired, so we don't get tickets for that event anymore. We were going for free.
Speaker 1: Sense and I don't know Shae is allowed back after his misadventure.
Speaker 5: D No, I'm not allowed to use the restroom there anymore. I could promise you that I locked myself in there for like an hour. People were banging on the door and they're so nice, They're beautiful. The countertops are pretty.
Speaker 3: And they have marble countertops and like the trailer border patties.
Speaker 5: Yep, imagine how easy it is to break stuff down on marble.
Speaker 3: Great, yeah, but it blends in not to me, all right, for you're the little truffle pig, but.
Speaker 1: That that's a that's a shade that we don't recognize anymore. Oh, brother, No, we do not recognize that guy anymore. But we're glad that it's the new and improved shape.
Speaker 3: He's sober.
Speaker 5: That was that would be about? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I liked, hey, hi, sha Ai Shay looked pretty.
Speaker 5: Puppy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Well she was like, that doesn't look like me at all. And I was like, you mean, the most advanced technology we've ever seen as a human race. Got it wrong?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I know.
Speaker 1: Are we going to put that up so the audience can see this picture?
Speaker 6: It's up on Instagram right now. He told me not to post it, and I immediately posted, Yes.
Speaker 1: Marvin, we need that Mike, we need that Mike Gundy.
Speaker 2: Clip because he's fat.
Speaker 3: I don't worry. Huffington Post already took it and ran with it because they're like, this guy probably.
Speaker 5: Reads that amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh So that's it. We've we've done some gambling.
Speaker 5: We've we're told, Oh, Danny, Danny, Danny, Dandy day Day Churchill. Race one site adjust to win ten to one. That's a win, Hawker. And Race four one, two and six. We've got a vulnerable favorite, the number five. He's gonna get caught on the stretch, Danny, No closing speed.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you doing soccer as well? Are you now? Are you on the board?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Danny, it went through last night. I'm officially the communications director of my town soccer board.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be like a rob Ford situation like that.
Speaker 5: I'm going straight to the top, straight to the top, and I'm bringing crack with me.
Speaker 1: No, we don't see. Once again, this is a new you. And let's let's keep with that line. It's it's a straight line to sobriety and success.
Speaker 5: Danny. I'm a realist. Power corrupts every man. I can't wait for it to get a hold on me.
Speaker 3: Absolute power.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for Dan Patrick takes a gamble for bad Larry somewhere and are you in Jersey?
Speaker 4: No? No, No, I'm in Massachusetts. I'm my way to Maine. Okay, you know I just got to celebrate Joe teenth with the kids and the grand kids.
Speaker 1: It's very nice of you.
Speaker 4: The kids are all off, so we figured we would shoot up there.
Speaker 3: Let's avoid the blackjack table.
Speaker 1: Larry so Shay and Irving Bad Larry Dylan, the graphics guy, Pia Ray, also Marvin running all of this. Thanks for joining us and we'll talk to you next week. And Dan Patrick takes a gamble.