Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NBA playoffs are heating up. Man, they have been so good. I know it's over, but Lakers Nuggets may have been a five game series.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: Nick Sixers amazing. Why don't you sign up for the DraftKings sportsbook app takes ninety seconds, the official sports betting partner of the NBA. If you're in DraftKings. Once you sign up, you got to check this out. New customers bet five bucks to get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets instantly. Great proposition right five bucks, get one hundred and fifty bucks. Download the DraftKings sports Book app. The codes colins coli and it's me co l I N Really quick, really easy. If you've never bet sports before, check it out. Really makes the games fun. The code is colin. New customers get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets by betting five only on DraftKings. The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See DKNNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We haven't had an episode in a while, and that's on me. As some of you may have seen aiss away doing inside the NBA, which also led to a pretty amazing interview.
Speaker 3: In my the inner child in me is still I.
Speaker 1: Ecstatic on a whole another level with this interview that was done. Can't wait for yall to check it out. It was absolutely incredible fun to do. I wanted to go at that interview with a little different twist and most interviews you may have seen with this person or what you may have thought the conversation would have been. But it was a fun, fun interview. I hope you all enjoyed that when we drop it as much as I enjoyed it when it was happening. Absolutely incredible, and as always in great interviews, I learned a ton and that was amazing for me. So make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss that and some other things we may have coming down the pipeline during these playoffs. But let's get into it. Timber was absolutely annihilated the din Weer Nuggets fifteen to seventy and forces a Game seven in Denver, and the game was pretty much dominated by a couple runs that the timber Woo was went on.
Speaker 3: Denver started off great, I think they went.
Speaker 1: Up nine to two, eleven or two, something of that nature, and then from that point on the Denver Nuggets went on twenty two to zero run in the first quarter and that kind of took control of the game. And I thought that was very interesting to see because usually when you're going into a game like that, a game six, close out game on the road, you expect the team that's facing the close out to punch first. And I saw where coach Malone said they punched first, second, third, or fourth, and I actually disagree. The Nuggets actually punched first with their first start nine to eleven to two, whatever it was, because the goal is always you want to make them take the first time out, and so the Nuggets did that. They made them take the first time out, and Minnesota came out poised, calm, and they fought back. And not only did they fight back, but once they cut the lead and they tied the game, you're like, all right, now, let's see where you go from here, right like then forgott to punch back, and then Minnesota punched again, and Minnesota punched again and again and again and again and again. And I thought that was very interesting, and it said a lot about the Minnesota timber woolves, but not more than kind of already have learned. Uh, we've learned that at Man. It's taking this as a leader, as a vocal leader. And I know, I know Mike Conley is a leader on that team. Mike Conley is the veteran leader of that team, no doubt, no questions asked. Mike Conley is the veteran leader. But Mike Conley is not the leader of that team. The leader of that team is Anthony Edwards. And it's interesting, as I've told you all, we've been in that situation before, where when we were young guys and we first won our first championship. I was year three, Clay year four, Steph year five. By no means were we the veteran leaders of that team, of the twenty seventeen team, of the twenty eighteen teams, twenty twenty two, we were, but all those years prior, we weren't the veteran leaders of that team by any stretching imagination, but we were the leaders of that team of those teams.
Speaker 3: And what we're watching is a man is.
Speaker 1: One million percent the leader of that team, and that team takes on his personality. And you know, that team doesn't take on Mike Conley's personality. The team takes on Anthony Edwards personality. Now, I'm sure Anthony Edwards leans on Mike Conley a lot, because what Anthony Edwards doesn't have is the experience Anthony Edwards don't have. I've been down in a series and had to fight back.
Speaker 3: He don't have. I've seen this X amount of times. Mike Conley has that.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure Mike is given tit, bitch, and like, yo, look for this and think about that and that's incredible. You got to appreciate that because as a young leader that a man is and has become, you need some of that.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do it without that. You have to have someone that can give you that. And I've spoke about it. Man winning the media battle, you know, winning the battles on the court, I've spoke about all of that. You saw last night.
Speaker 3: If you watch any other stuff after the game, a man.
Speaker 1: Speech to Cat and he tells Kat, Cat, all day, we've been telling you, just make the right play, make the right play. Swing the ball, somebody up, swing the ball quick, make the right play, he said, And I'm gonna tell you tonight, you made the right play every single time. Now, if you look on at the look on cat face, you could take that one or two ways. You could take that ass like why he talking to me like that? He's trying to big bro. Me could take it as that, or you can take that ass The young fella is pumping confidence into these guys. And for a guy like Cat, who has not won anything in eight nine years whatever he's been in the league, has not had a leader like that in eight or nine years that he's been in the league outside of the one year with Jimmy Butler that went miserably for him, appreciating being appreciated when it wasn't one of the best games of cat career by what people will say the standards are of a best game, because what people would say the standards are is Cat has had forty and twenty, He's had this, he's done that, he's had fifty, all of that. But what he did for that team yesterday, facing close out, facing the elimination, the end of their season, what he did was he came out to set a tone. How did he set the tone? He set a tone when he first started guarding Joker at the beginning of the game. You saw right away that Joker was being guarded this time he was being guarded this game. You saw right away that it wasn't going to be as easy as it was in Game five when he had Rudy on him, and you know, I was on TNT. I said then, like, yo, they got to go back to Cat guarding him, like Cat can guard him now. No, he's not going to shut him down, no, none of that, but he's going to make a tough fur on him. And that saw all you can ask for him to make it tougher on Joker than his ben. So here's the thing. Joker can't really back Cat down. Cat is way stronger than Rudy, so Joker is trying to back him down.
Speaker 3: He can't really.
Speaker 1: So if you pay attention anytime that he get Cat in a bad way, it's when they get Joker on the move, and they got him on the move, and now he gets Cat in a bad way.
Speaker 3: He gets some finishes, some and once. Now.
Speaker 1: So if I'm Denver, my mindset has to be with that matchup. A few things. One, as I said, we need to get him on the move more. When he got Cat on him, try to get Cat in some foul trouble because Cat will file, So let's get him on the move. How about this, were sitting here breaking down Cat having to stop Joker, who's a sinner and the defensive player of the year is on your team and he is center. Very interesting how the Cookie crumbles.
Speaker 3: Wow, unbelievable. It's like.
Speaker 1: If Marcus one defensive player of the year back then what she did and then they're like, but Jalen, you gotta go guard Steph. But Marcus Smart's the point guard, Marcus Smart. You want defensive player of the Year, you got guard Steph right, Like, yeah, So that's an interesting little I mean, that's just a little interesting. You can't help as I'm a basketball fan, all right, Like I'm a basketball fan, and I tell y'all all the time, I love.
Speaker 3: The game within the game more than anything.
Speaker 1: When I'm watching these games, I'm watching the game within the game.
Speaker 3: And I can't help but notice.
Speaker 1: Like there's a center that one defensive player of the Year for the fourth time, for the fourth time, Todd with the likes of the great Hall of Fame Ben Wallace, the great Hall of Fame, the kem Ba Mutumbo, ahead of the likes of the great David Robinson, the great Haquen, the dream of Lojahwan, the great Dwight Howard, like ahead of the likes of those guys. And we had a center and were acting kat go guard the center, and we got the rainy four time defensive player of the Year on our team. Now, for our loyal subscribers and listeners, were always appreciative of you. I hope if there's one thing you've taken away from this podcast, it's to watch the games within the game. And if you've learned that, then you're sitting here just like me. You can't start to believe that the two the Defensive Player of the Year in the MVP matched up in the second round. And we saw years ago guards stop garden guards. Like we saw that years ago, we spoke about that. We haven't seen centers stop guarden centers. So we've reached new territory in the NBA. We should all clap it up because we're seeing a change in the NBA. We're now seeing centers not guard centers anymore. And if there was some validation of the war the MVP, the Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: For all the marbles.
Speaker 1: What we paid to see, like you pay to see the Defensive Player of the Year versus MVP. Sorry, guys, you can't get that.
Speaker 3: That to me.
Speaker 1: Is interesting in itself, but took me a little off topic. Let me get back to what I was talking about. But I can't help but think about that one, all right, So let's get back to that. So let's get Kat on the move. And also another thing that I want to do if I'm Denver is I want to run some ball screens with Aaron Gordon and.
Speaker 3: Joker Aaron Gordon.
Speaker 1: When you come set the screen, I want you to set a screen like you're setting a screen for Jamal Murray. Set it and hold it. Make Kat have to really try to navigate that screen. What's going to happen is you're going to get a switch. Okay, now that we got our switch, now we work. Now we got the Rain and Defensive Player of the Year on the Rain and MVP, and that's the matchup we all pay to see. And that's the matchup. If you differ, you pay the seat because that's the matchup that's going to allow you to take advantage of the Minnesota Timberwolves defense. It ain't Nas read on Joker, it ain't Cat on Joker. Can Joker get off on them, Yes, but it's tougher. Their agile, they're mobile there, they're active, they're pressed up. It's just a different thing. Everyone in the NBA has some way they don't.
Speaker 3: Like being guarded.
Speaker 1: I don't care how great that player is, they have something some way that they don't like being guarded. And so Cat has length, Nas has length, but they're agile. Jokers struggle more with that than what Rudy Gobert has just length but not agile, not pressing up because he's not fast enough.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: I'm doing running loose more screen and role with Aaron Gordon and Joker now spoke about this also on TNT. When Aaron Gordon got into foul trouble in game five, it was the best thing that happened to the Denver Nuggets because it immediately made Joke Jokers matchup. Go Beart go Bear had to take Joker once an ag got in foul trouble because they came in with a guard heaven no nerves. Joker then proceeded to go forty and thirteen. Why because he had to match up that favors him. So another thing, if I'm the Denver Nuggets what I've learned through these playoffs series, then it ain't always your series. And Aaron Gordon has had some great games this series, a couple of great games, but he's also had a couple that he didn't have much impact on the game at all. And those games, to me, were more due to the way timber Woolslem matchup up as opposed to more so what Aaron Gordon was doing. It's the way they were matching up that he was able to take advantage of If you need to pull Aaron Gordon some to get that matchup, you do that because it sets a precedent by the way they win this game and move on.
Speaker 3: You right back to Aaron Gordon. You need him.
Speaker 1: But it ain't always your Knight, ain't always your series. He's brought you some of this series. He's actually won you a game or two in the series. But I keep an eye out on that. If I'm Denverer when I'm running screen and roll, when Aaron Gordon is in and I'm running screen and roll with Aaron Gordon and Joker involving Kat and Rudy Gobert in the screen of role and how they're gonna navigate and guard that, I'm making it a single side pick and roll, and I'm putting Jamal Murray on the back action. So now ant man who's draped all over him. Anywhere he moves at, Man's draped all over him, no help, responsibility, draped all over Jamal Murray. Now I got Rudy Gobert, Garden Joker coming downhill at him, which Joker cooked him on the floaters when he was getting downhill with Aaron Gordon lobbing a cat trying to navigate how to guard that. But there's no backside help because ant man is not leaving Jamal Murray. If he does, now we got to swing. Now, got a man playing out of a close out as opposed to Jamal Murray. Catch him and he draped all over. Now you get Jamal Murray's space to work. You put a man in a tough situation. You may a man have to wonder like or decide, am I helping? Or am I staying draped all over Jamal Murray. Let's make a man think a little bit on the defensive end. Just giving Jamal Murray the ball. A man is great at that. He's faster, he's stronger, he's bigger, he's more physical. It's great at that. So if you just gonna give him the ball and let him bring the ball, that ain't gonna work. So get him off the ball. Run Jamal Murray off some screens off the ball. Run some Jamal Murray running that way in the miss direction. Michael Porter Junior, come back in this way for three. You gotta loosen their defense up something. Because the defense that you saw in game six, what's the defense that got you drug in game one and two, So you gotta do some things to loosen it up. Raise everybody out of the floor. Jamal Murray comes spreading up the floor like he catch him back cut. You gotta loosen and man up some cause right now he just all over Jamurray, Jamal Murray, and there's no way to get him loose if he's just handling the ball. You set a screen and through that. So you gotta switch it up a little bit. You have to don't just let him see Jamal Murray with the ball rim over him. Nah, he gotta see Jamal Murray different spaces. You gotta get Jamal Murray more of a chance because him just against a man that's not much of a chance.
Speaker 3: That's tough, very tough. It's a tough matchup.
Speaker 1: Said it earlier in the series at man gonna have to guard Jamal Murray. So no disrespect to Jaden McDaniels. Tough match up for Jadon McDaniels. A man, different story. So need to see a little bit more of that. If I'm Denver. Another thing that I need to see if I'm Denver's defensively stop all of switching. They're switching every pick and roll, you got Jamal Murray battling with Rudy Gobert. You got uh, Jamal Murray getting posted up by Niles Reed or Karl.
Speaker 3: Anthony Townsend, Like that's cool.
Speaker 1: I know you ain't necessarily worry about them scoring, but you got a man hawk and Jamal and then you got him trying to battle with Biggs. Where's his legs being snatched? So stop all the switch. And also you're like defensively with all the switching, now you're trying to rebound all that you weak. You need bigs on bigs, keep bodies in front of bodies. Most guys on the Timberwoar's team need angles to score, keep bodies on bodies. So when the shot go up, we're in the position to box out, get it and go. Now Rudy Gobert got to keep up. Now we got Cat on the move, a joker, but joker in their rebounding switching all the pick and rolls for what, it's not allowing Denver to set a tone defensively. So I think Denver need to go on the coverage, whatever coverage they feel the need to do. But the switching, I think it's making them weak and these ain't no games to be weaken for all the marbles. So I think defensively they need to make that adjustment because I don't think they're gonna set the tone they need to set going into a home game seven clothes out, switching to pick a roll. It's not allowing your best guys to guard their best guys. It's not allowing you to rebound your best rebounders to rebound with their best rebounders. So I think Denver gotta go back to the basics. Play your coverages. Joker is the king, got the kickball. If they want to throw pocket passes, play your coverage. The switching, I don't like it. Now you can mismatch you got Jamie mcdanie's going off for twenty one taking advantage of all the switching and confusion on the defensive man, keep bodies in front of bodies, make them score on you.
Speaker 3: Thinks it gives them a lot better chance to win.
Speaker 1: So with that, we're going down to Game seven and Denver, as we've said, and I think if Denver can make some of those adjustments, which I think they will, I'm taking Denver. And one of the main reasons I'm taking Denver because these adjustments that I spoke of, so you always hear the stat and the stat that you always hear is the pivotal game five. The winner of the pivotal Game five and a two to two series goes on to win the series eighty two percent of the time. No one ever tells you why that's the case. I'm gonna tell you why the winner of game five normally goes on to win the series. The reason is, after game four, you're tied up to to two. You then make adjustments going into game five. The adjustments that you make, the team that make the best adjustments usually win the game. Obviously, you gotta have great players and they gotta play.
Speaker 3: Yes. Team who makes the playoffs.
Speaker 1: A playoff series is made up of obviously great play by players and a bunch of adjustments by coaches.
Speaker 3: In a deep playoff series, you sweep somebody.
Speaker 1: You're probably better than them or whatever, and then ain a million adjustments you had to make. But in a series like this, all these series that go long, it's a series of game of adjustments. And so the adjustments that Denver made for Game five haven't Aaron Gordon handled the ball, blah, blah blah won them the game. Minnesota made adjustments to that Game six won them the game. Well guess what now, the winner of game five get the make the final adjustment. So a lot of these coaching staffs.
Speaker 3: Don't really.
Speaker 1: Aren't really capable of adjusting on the fly in the game like that in Part two, a lot of players aren't smart enough to make those adjustments on the fly like that. They need to see it on film and practice it and walk through it, and so a lot of teams don't necessarily have that luxury. Coaches may not have that luxury. But also coaches need to go watch the film. They need to figure this out, They need to talk to their staff, they need to put these adjustments together, and then they come back to the next game like, boom, this what we got.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, now Denver get to make their adjustment to the forty five point blowout.
Speaker 3: Minnesota won't have time to make an adjustment.
Speaker 1: So essentially, you're gonna need incredible play from a man, incredible play from Joker, excuse me, Kat, incredible play from Mike Conley. I mean that more so what I'm You're gonna need players to carry you, whereas opposed to Denver will get players to carry them, but they'll also have adjustments that they've gotten that they can hang their hat on, that they can bank on, and Minnesota won't have a game to adjust to those. And so normally the winner of Game five eighty two percent of the time goes on to win the series because they get the final adjustment. So with Denver getting the final adjustment, I actually think them being able to put Minnesota's defense in some tough spots with great adjustments. I'm taking Denver in seven, moving on to face Dallas. When is that Tuesday or Wednesday in Denver. That's my prediction on that. That is why you see the eighty two percent. That is why, and yet no one ever tells you why that's the case. There's a little tip bit for you. Tuck that under your hat, keep that there and moving on Dallas and Thunder going into game six. So in every series, and I've said this y'all before, in every series, you get to a point where you're like, all right, we figured them out. We got it, Now we need to do X, Y and Z. In this series, we got them figured out. And I thought after Game three you could kind of see that Dallas had figured Okay, see out and you going to game four in a game in which Dallas should have won, and they gave it away during the end. At the end, Dallas comes out in game five, everybody like, oh, even Chuckster on inside, Oh, okay, see about the run Dallas out the gym after they just came back. Da da da They running them out the gym. Only thing is and I said, nah, I got Dallas and they not no chance OKAC running them out the gym.
Speaker 3: And the reason being.
Speaker 1: Is because when I saw Dallas lose that game in game four, it wasn't some huge adjustment that OKC made and you were like, ah, okay, they just made this huge adjustment. How Dallas gonna No, Shae just hit some tough shots. They did the same thing they had been doing, guard guard, screening roll. Shae hit tough shots over guys. Dallas couldn't hit nothing. Kyrie struggled, Lucas struggled, they turned the ball over. They lost. But it wasn't anything special that OKC had done other than Shae being special. And so when I saw that, and I know, like, dang, they already kind of got this team figured out. And there was nothing that that team done had done to win that game from an adjustment standpoint other than just Shae taking over the game. Dallas still got them figured out, and sure enough, Dallas showed that in Game five. Said all that to say, I think Dallas shows the game thing, same thing in game six. We got them figured out. Okayse, he's a young, scrappy team. They'll punch, Dallas will take the blow, Dallas will do their thing. Okay, see, he'll have another punch, Dallas will take the blow, and then they're kind of on their way home from there.
Speaker 3: That's how I see this going.
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought it was amazing to see everybody talking about Luca complaining and this and that, and then Luca come out and puts it out publicly that I'm not complaining. And then Luca doesn't really say much of a word much of anything to the referees.
Speaker 3: And then we see the Luca.
Speaker 1: That we know, thirty plus point triple double carrying this team to a win. We're gonna need more of the same of that Luca on Saturday in order to close this series out. You know, I'm not one sit here and be like, oh he should never talk to the roughs like.
Speaker 3: This is a passionate game.
Speaker 1: When you know for certain someone got something wrong, you're gonna say something about it. We're human beings and so I'm not of that club of don't say anything.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say something.
Speaker 1: But all focus must be on the OKC thunder and Luca has shown that he's capable of doing that and he will need to do that again. I also need to see a very very very aggressive Kyrie Irving in game six.
Speaker 3: Come close the game out, kay.
Speaker 1: We know Kai is a master with the basketball, and I need to see that aggression from the gate.
Speaker 3: Get going from the gate.
Speaker 1: Don't try to wait till the second half, then get it going, because last couple of games it ain't went that way. You know, Kyle's been still doing a great job of dimond and getting other people involved. But like, let's get going from the gate. I think that's what Dallas needs to see from Kai. Also shout out to Jay and Hardy number getting called to start the game or not start, but early in the game he gets subbed in after not playing much in these playoffs, come in, get a good bucket, but have some incredible lives. To Derek Lively, who led them in plus minus, who had an incredible game, And I'd like to think his guards feeding him the way they were Luca throwing him libs, Kyrie throwing them lost. Jaydon Hardy come in throwing him libs. That was great to see. That's the steps you want to see from the young fella. Now, you jkidd, he earned minutes. He came in. He showed you. I'm not afraid of this moment. I'm ready for the moment. I'm locked in defensively, I'm locked in offensively. Give me more time. Love to see it, Love to see young fellas taking that next step and growing. In a pivotal game five on the road, he showed up like it's no problem. It's no problem. So now if you're Jayden Hardy, you got to come build on that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm coming in and I'm making no defensive mistakes. I'm not turning the ball over. I know I got my live threat. I'm getting downhill. They got me in here because we need enough score. Tim ain't been shooting great, Dante Xam ain't played great, Josh Green ain't ain't shooting great, So we need more scoring. All right, we need nothing. Guy that can get downhill. Go ahead, Jane and Hardy, go do that so you know you're getting downhill. They got you another score. I'm going to the Cup. But if they helped, I know I got my live threat. Stay solid, young fella. It's great to see. Great to see young guys taking that next step. So shout out to Jaye and Hardy. It's beautiful to see his number be called when it hadn't been called, and he ready, he was ready, answered the bell, helped those boys get that win in Game five and headed back to close out in Game six.
Speaker 3: And as you heard.
Speaker 1: From my prediction with different nuggets at the end of it, I said, we'll see them versus Dallas.
Speaker 3: I don't have Dallas going seven. I got Dallas closing this thing out on Saturday.
Speaker 1: And moving on and other news. Tim Legler says the Celtics season will be a failure without a championship. Do you agree or disagree? I normally disagree with shit like that. It'd be like hot take issh and like uh, Tim Laylger. Tim Legler is absolutely correct on this one. Why is Tim Legler correct on this one? In my opinion, because you got Jylen Brown making three hundred plus million dollars, soon to be Jason Tatum making three hundred plus million dollars, Drew Holliday making one hundred and fifty million dollars, Christops presingis one hundred million dollars, Derek White sixty million dollars, something like that.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to figure out. Well, all there's money in Boston coming from too, but uh, it's a failure. Like you won sixty plus games, you have built your team. You go out and get Drew Holliday, you go out and get Prizingers. You retooled, didn't rebuild in. This season went exactly how you thought and wanted it to go when you made those moves. Because the season went that way. You extend Drew Holiday because he's proven all that he needs to prove that. You want to continue forward with him. So guess what It's time to win? And it's time now, Jackson. What is it five to five conference finals?
Speaker 3: And how many years?
Speaker 4: I think more than that? Honestly, yeah, something.
Speaker 3: Like that exactly. Look at him all happy. We don't know. I agree with you.
Speaker 4: It's to get over the hump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't care how many conference finals anymore. I agree a finals appearance ain't good enough. You gotta go win it all you're supposed to. You got home court advantage, you did all. It's time. So I one thousand percent agree with Tim Legler here the Celtics gotta win because if not, how long can you doabble into that second April until it's too much. Just keep swinging and keep swinging. So it ain't converted yet. I ain't got over the hump yet. Got to get over the hump. So yes, Tim Legler, I agree that is a fact, and we shall see what Boston does.
Speaker 3: But they most definitely got to win it this year.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, a lot of news been made about Brownie at the combine measure that six one and a half very impressive six seven wingspan, forty inch vertical.
Speaker 3: Stock rising play well, listen.
Speaker 1: I think Brownie it has a chance to be a very very solid guard in the NBA. He shoot the ball well, he defends well, athletic like going to be able to pick up if he's a backup guard. Say he's a backup because everybody all is the starter. The likelihood that you're a point guard, and you're coming in us a starter. There's thirty stars, there's sixty to eighty backup and.
Speaker 3: Third point guards.
Speaker 1: So it's more likely that you're going to be a backup or a third point guard than you are starter, just surely off the numbers. So let's go back up because I'm I know better than like, this guy's a starter.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that just for Bronnie.
Speaker 1: I'm saying in general, it's hard to be a start point guard in this league, a real start point guard in this league. So I think Bronnie does how the capability is to be a very good backup point guard in this league. If you can take that to a starter, that's on the work that you come in and put in right, that's on the improvements that you make, the things that you do to get better.
Speaker 3: I can't speak for that.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not the one that has to do the work, But nonetheless, I think he has more than enough attributes and tools and things about him that'll make him a good backup point guard.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 1: Backup point guards need to pick up full court. He's gonna be able to do that. With the best of backup point guards need to be able to knock down shots.
Speaker 3: We know he can knock down the shot.
Speaker 1: Backup. Point guards need to be smart, not make mistakes. People complain that he played basketball too mistake free. So again, at worst, we know he's probably gonna be capable, and it ain't gotta be next year. By the way, y'all draft kids in the top ten that ain't ready to play next year and then want to talk about Brownie, who's not in anybody's top ten, and be like, he ain't ready to play next year? Of forty five of the sixty guys that you drift at, fifty of the sixty guys that you drift.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna be ready to play next year.
Speaker 1: So the whole thing of trying to throw out there like he ain't ready to play, look at him. He ain't ready now? Who is ready now coming out of college? A few guys, So let's stop with that nonsense. No, he's not ready right now. Guess what another other fifty eight players of fifty nine whatever it is because the people got their pick snatch, aren't gonna be either. But what attributes do they have that we can look forward to building on? And Brownie has some of those so it's great to see him go to the combine and perform well. His stockers rise, and I think he'll go to some of these workouts and perform even better and continue to rise. And I think Brownie will have a very solid career as he continued to progress. But also, no, it's gonna take time to progress. This is the NBA. This is the NBA. It's the best basketball league in the world. It takes time. So that's a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. Tap in with y'all maybe this weekend, maybe next week. I'll let y'all know, but until then, that's a rap piece. Plimtlev Levy Climate Living Priming Page