Speaker 1: I do have a hobby. Andrew, it's sitting here with you.
Speaker 2: Hi. Everybody, welcome to a nerves of a serial killers. These two boys. We'll save that.
Speaker 3: Reviewing.
Speaker 1: So when we go up on stage, the moose was knuckling at the iHeartRadio Podcast Awards. Yeah, are they gonna play that? I don't know what They're gonna play? An open for us? Like what if we win? Are they gonna play some one of our songs?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: I mean, man, yeah, yeah, yeah, I want them to play something.
Speaker 2: Should we like practice an awards speech or something like?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They don't write anything.
Speaker 1: No off, I did it in my car yesterday off the coff Oh you did yep? Can you can I hear some? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, you're gonna play off within two seconds anyway.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's just just off the cuff speech, you know, like you know, hey, this is how it started everything. So you're gonna be going to speak on Stanin No, no, no, I'm going to start and then you go. So you're gonna you'll know when thirty seconds of the time of the forty five seconds they usually a lot, and then it'll be like and Andy and I'll say thanks so much, Mom and dad.
Speaker 2: Jackie.
Speaker 1: You'll know when to go and you'll have plenty of time. Oh yeah, I anticipate that we win this award.
Speaker 2: Andrew, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what we're talking about. It's the iHeartRadio Podcast Award is happening March eleventh in Austin, Texas at south By Southwest. We are nominated in the food category.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're a best food podcast. You are listening to an award nominated podcast, now.
Speaker 1: Yes, like think about it. Always say that always, even if we don't win, we can just always say.
Speaker 2: That we're like a golden turd.
Speaker 1: Because you know, when like people are at the Grammys, they'll say, nominated from eighteen Grammys. This is the first win.
Speaker 2: Let it be known if I was ever nominated for a Grammy, an Oscar, an Emmy, or a Tony Listen. I'm gonna use this now on everything. I'm an award nominated podcast host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need Can we make some like a logo or something award thing? Yes? I think we should have add it. We should add it award nominated.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh yeah, I'm going to use that till the end.
Speaker 1: Of time.
Speaker 2: I'm an award nominated podcast host now, so it just.
Speaker 1: Co host. Welcome to Serial Killers. Is the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studio. I am Scotty b Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: The levels are so low?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know? So Andrew's also concerned about other podcasts while he's in here doing our podcast. So he's just going to text the producer in there while I tell you about the brand new cereal that we are going to introduce to you today. General Mills are good friends at General Mills sent us a big old box of new cereals a couple of weeks ago, and this is one of the ones from that box that I did not buy. It is one of the new Cheerios cereals. You ready for this one, Andrew? I know you're very concerned about in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's so low. Why is that?
Speaker 1: It's okay? You could raise I see, I see levels.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: Look, I see it. That's how it looks when scary records too. Yeah. Yeah, so anyway, check it out, Andrew. It's maple cinnamon Cheerios, hardy nut Medley. Yeah. So it's a big old box of things I'm excited. There's all kinds of stuff in here. Look, there's cheerio cereal, there's crispy Flakes, which is not normally in cheerios, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
Speaker 2: So they basically it's like a brand of some sort, like a raisin brand. Almost.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, thanks, it's actually not.
Speaker 2: It's like granola. It looks like a granola.
Speaker 1: I would say, more like a trail mix.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, let's split the difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was it.
Speaker 2: Going to say? What was it gonna say? What was it going to say? Guys, hopefully we'll have bowl chats more frequently.
Speaker 1: There were into a few issues.
Speaker 2: Now there are no issues. The only issue is guess who.
Speaker 1: That's not true. And I'm not going to get into this with you. There's no need for an argument here. It's just that the place to record podcasts are in the studio.
Speaker 2: That's so funny, because every other podcast I work for, every not in the studio, every and they make it work. But they can award from home.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, this is so silly. It's so silly. We'll figure it.
Speaker 2: Out, No, we did. You're gonna get the dongle and then we're gonna be able to record bull chats from home. So this way we're not tied to here all the time, and this way we show up for our listeners.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I'm gonna go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairies free.
Speaker 2: Is it like that?
Speaker 1: Today? We're gonna use Farmland Fresh Dairries two percent milk in the plastic jug.
Speaker 2: Oh you love the plastic jug?
Speaker 1: I do, yes, Not because I can't take a good picture with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you have to fill it up.
Speaker 1: So when we go to the when we go to plant number whatever it is out there in Pennsylvania Farmland Fresh Dairies, I'm gonna ask mister Wayne, uh if we can get some fake jugs. You want props? I want fake jugs. And so it always looks like it's full.
Speaker 2: Wayne always shows up, So I wouldn't be surprised if, like we go home with flake, ye, a whole carton full of Here we go Andrew lots of flakes, lots of O's.
Speaker 1: M Bury quantree mm hmmm. I don't know if it warrants three mm it is. It's pretty good for a cheerio cereal. You know this is not what you expect from Curio is obviously.
Speaker 2: I love this. It tastes like fall. It's like falling a cup.
Speaker 1: They're released it in the wrong season.
Speaker 2: This is delicious. I give this four balls in a spoon. It's got a little too much crunch for me personally, but the taste is there, It's absolutely there. I don't think it needs the pumpkin seeds.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it three balls in a spoon. There's a lot going on in my mouth. It's a little bit choky, just a little.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I could see that. But overall, I wish this was released in the fall because this would be like, it's like a nice cozy cereal.
Speaker 1: All right, three balls in a spoon for me, Four balls in this pooon from Andrew. Hey, real quick, do you have time for us to open the box of General Mills sent us today?
Speaker 2: Absolutely very excited so because award nominated getting packages from General Mills. Because I remember three years ago when I sent it to you to fill out, and now you finally are you. Now you're actually getting the things because I logged you into the email and told you how to do it.
Speaker 1: So look, share, We're gonna share the love Thank you General Mills. So exciting. So we just got a big box of new cereals and so I can't even imagine what kind of love they're sharing with us. Oh cool, it's weird. It's a weird way to open it. No, have you Valentine's Day, Scott, what's up? Now? That's so cool?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we got is these are all Valentine's themed things. Yeah, there's no cereal, Yes there is? Uh the chocolate cheerios Valentine's Day back.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Cooper could take these to school and give them out to her friends for Valentine's They remember when you used to have little cards with the peanuts on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's also chex Mex Muddy.
Speaker 1: Buddies, love Muddy Buddies.
Speaker 2: That's not a cereal though, Hookies and cream. I'll put milk and it needed as a cereal. There's Laura Bar Minis, yes, Laura Bars. Then there's cookies, yes, Pillsberry.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 2: Minis saw soft paked? But can I have one?
Speaker 1: Yes? You can?
Speaker 2: And for goll ups mini and look look.
Speaker 1: It came with little things to put them in and give them out to your classmates. These actually looked like the apple pie things, the old school ones from McDonald's. Yeah, right, the frauds. Thank you so much, General Mills.
Speaker 2: Thanks General Mills.
Speaker 1: Guys are the best. But I'm so glad I signed up for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank god Scott did something. All right, But then I was gonna get a cookie.
Speaker 1: We're we're eating cereous great, all right. So this is from our friend Matt. Okay, got this in one of his boxes, one of his many many boxes.
Speaker 2: I guys have a question, Yes, what about the rest of my cereals from months ago?
Speaker 1: This one? Yeah, I don't know. It's all stale.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so interesting. The cereals I bring in? Where do they go? The graveyard? That's the new cereal graveyard. It's any cereal Andy brings in because Scott perfectly curate it's every episode. But we are conveniently leaves Andy out.
Speaker 1: But we did two of those already.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we can't do a third of listeners who like sent we need we can't eventually when because it's just been sitting there. So this is from our friend Matt, and there it is. It's a store brand Rallies. This is a West Coast supermarket chain. I believe they're only in California and Nevada because I did a little bit of research. Oh cool, So this is the store.
Speaker 1: Brand Rallies Raisin brand cereal wheat flakes with raisins. Cool. And it looks like Kellogg's ish because it's got the sugar coated raisins. Great. The only reason this boxes open, Andrew, is because Diamond came in here earlier this morning and made me open it because she wanted some raisin brand. So it is fresh, it's brand new, look right, Matt.
Speaker 2: No, it's not fresh and new anymore. This one that my family friends sent us and we never tried.
Speaker 1: But we did a bunch of their cereals already.
Speaker 2: So we've gone through literally every brand of Raisin brand. This is the third version of There's.
Speaker 1: So many more ran so many Oh my god, I'm choking on those cheerios.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be funny when they do the award show and they have to show a clip of your show, like you know how in the Oscars, they'll be like, what are you sending them? I'm not sending anything. They don't. I don't know what that'll be, but what.
Speaker 1: Hold on what like what got us nominated? You must have sent them a clip of the show.
Speaker 2: No, so, I'm a member of the podcast academy. I don't know how I even got this do to.
Speaker 1: Vote on us?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, I did already. I voted for us.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's one vote.
Speaker 1: It's good. If you closed your eyes and didn't look at the box, I would think call Oggs. The raisins are good. I like to sugar on them. Those are my favorite. Come, there's good.
Speaker 2: I'm iffy on this.
Speaker 1: Really it's raisin brand.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's bland.
Speaker 1: No, it isn't. It's sweet. Get a bunch of raisins.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting that. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: What three? Okay? Four bowls and a spoon for me. It's delicious. I think it pairs very well with the farm of the Fresh Airs two percent milk. I like that. I don't know you were talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: I well, if you live near a rallies were rallies Roby.
Speaker 2: If I gave this, this is insane. This is madness. You give him raisin brand four in a spoon.
Speaker 1: I like raisin brand. Okay, look at my Cowoggs raisin bran rating. I'm sure it's the same way sweeter.
Speaker 2: That's why it makes sense to me. This is not sweet. The flakes are just meh. The raisins are like just whatever. We'll fight this out and be back right after this. Hi, I'm Wilfrid Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years.
Speaker 1: And we're back. You know, Wilfrid Brimley would have had diabetes for about forty years at this point, because that's an old clip old. I watched Cocoon over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I think you mentioned this to me.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did because they were just fresh back from.
Speaker 2: The weekend, So you didn't mention it to me last week.
Speaker 1: When no, you know we recorded it, No, because I watched it over this past weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well you mentioned it the other day on DVD. Goh, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Wilfid Brimley is wearing swim shorts. It was cool. That's awesome. What a great story. Hey, before we get to the next serial, can we do something we haven't done in quite some time. Let's take a trip Serial Killers visits the Cereal. Gray should be excited for this. I am it's been quite some time since we've been in the cereal graveyard.
Speaker 2: I know, it's so spooky in here. Look at all the cobwebs.
Speaker 1: I have to get the rip tombstone back and we got to post it back up again.
Speaker 2: You need nothing else in the cereal.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what made me think of this cereal. So also over the weekend, I had nothing to do. I couldn't sleep. Also over the weekend, yeah, I've all of a sudden started watching Seinfeld. Seinfeld is on like in the middle of the night all the time. So I was watching an episode, and you know, if you watched Seinfeld at all, that he always had a whole array of cereals right over the stove in his kitchen.
Speaker 2: Always always.
Speaker 1: It seemed to me that a lot of times they were general militarial mysterials. Yeah, not always, not always, but lots a lot of them a lot of times. So I noticed this cerialm Yeah, I noticed this cereal shop Andrew. I noticed the cereal on the shelf in the Seinfeld episode. Okay, I was like, I don't think I really remember that cereal. This was nineteen ninety one when this episode was out. Yeah, this Cereal. I did a little bit of research. Actually came out in nineteen ninety one and was only around for maybe three or four years, and then it vanished. See if you remember this, you don't because you were in diapers are not born yet. But here listen to this.
Speaker 3: If you like rice crispies, try triples. We think you'll do a triple take. Triples is crisp like rice crispies, and taste so good, so surprising, you might just do a triple take. So try triples with tasty rice crisps, party wheat crisps, and sunny corn crisps.
Speaker 1: Triples has a taste that will turn your head.
Speaker 3: And might just have you doing euh.
Speaker 1: So everyone in that commercial was doing triple takes with their heads. It was left so they got whiplash when they were going, that's.
Speaker 2: Just me on the daily because of my acid reflux. Like this.
Speaker 1: What triples was it was they were trying to do away with rice crispies. You know, General Mills was coming and be like no, no, no, call Loggs, look at us. You've got rice crispies. We've got crispies that are rice and corn and wheat. So it's a triple take. It'll it didn't last checks. There's like a check that's double sided. No, that's cris Picks, Yeah, that and that's Kellogg's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But what I'm saying is there is something like that. Okay, now, sure, okay, it's not that much of a stretch. Don't make me feel like I'm the crazy one here anyway. I don't believe I ever tried triples in my life. I don't think I did, unless my mom bought it when I was young. I don't remember triples. Yeah, I don't either, because I was not born well, you were like a year or two at some point. So if it was nineteen ninety one, you were born in what three?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety one, you were born in one. I was born in one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were like one, two and three when that cereal was out. Yep, maybe a three. You had a mid a little cup. Yeah, I don't think so alf cup. Yeah, I know, definitely no.
Speaker 2: But I'll search our.
Speaker 1: Photo archives, you know what. The fact that you bring that up is fun because I'll go back and look at old pictures when I was a kid. Yeah, and I'll see old cereal boxes from the eighties. Oh my god, I'm gonna start. You know what I'm gonna post someone there's like me sitting at the kitchen table eating frosted flakes. So the old school box.
Speaker 2: So it'll just be Scotty on our Instagram page. Have a great time looking at.
Speaker 1: You were a born yet And they're vintage Cereal boxes. I think that's fun. That's a project.
Speaker 2: I had a vinted Cereal once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was it from two thousand?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was. Do you remember when you fed me the two thousand cheerios?
Speaker 1: I do. It's still under that you want to try it again?
Speaker 2: What throw that out? No?
Speaker 1: That I bought it on eBay? That was Expensive'm throwing it out.
Speaker 2: Dude, you really. I'm not going to get into this with you because you're gonna have a small panic attack. I have to show you the Hoarders episode will start. No, no, no, I can't give rid of me.
Speaker 1: Let me show you something great.
Speaker 2: Aunt Lucy she would want me to have this box.
Speaker 1: I have to show you something that's really weird. So look what came up on my phone moments ago from who from where?
Speaker 2: Sanderson Farm?
Speaker 1: Leg legal? So that's legal? Okay? Oh, look a secret Squirrel. Joel Cool also texted me, but so the next cereal is from Legal and I already was. I didn't swap it out. I'm telling you, how weird is that story brand? Is that it's a store brand?
Speaker 2: Store brand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that we're not going to talk about, which just got texted to me. So look, so I was walking through the I was of Legal with Cooper the other day and look.
Speaker 2: What I got. Magical Forest Cereal.
Speaker 1: That is the creepiest mascot I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: So on Canva. This is one of the free clip art.
Speaker 1: Is it really real?
Speaker 2: This whole thing is like clip art.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: So this is your fake Lucky Charms. Yeah, and what would you what do you think his name is?
Speaker 2: Oh, Piper Role. I think my name's Charmie.
Speaker 1: I think it looks like Winston Charmie. I'm calling him Winston Charmie. Is that poop on his shirt? What is that? That's his little pocket where he keeps his gold and his spells. Well, anyway, it's Magical Forest by Leedle and he's a wizard. Yeah, there's a word search on the back. Let's play all right, I do have high hopes because almost all, almost all of the knockoff lucky charms that we've had have not been terrible. This one is very look at look at the coloring.
Speaker 2: It's so like the marshmallows are fine, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they're very uh not? What's it? Bland? Not bland? And what's one is not a lot of color in things? Was that called muted?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's yeah, as your daughter would say, it's a muted esthetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not very aesthetic. It's more not coquette, it's more pastelli. She stopped saying that already.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that came and went really quick.
Speaker 2: This is definitely not a lucky char This is lucky charms coated what lucky charms coded?
Speaker 1: This is giving lucky charms.
Speaker 2: It's giving lucky charms, it's giving wizard. I don't I don't love that.
Speaker 1: I really don't like how kids speak now, But then again, my parents probably didn't like the way I spoke either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably didn't like I said red and tubular. I never did, and then kicked up my skateboard and grind it on things.
Speaker 1: So we've covered this cereal with Farmland Fresh dairries two percent reduced fat milk, vitamin A, and d cool. Here we go, buddy. There's a lot of marshmallows in her. I do like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like the colors. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's wonderful. Charm Yeah, I gotta get five balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Lucky Charms. This is five balls.
Speaker 1: The marshmallow to cereal ratio is almost fifty to fifty, which is wonderful, and the cereal pieces are not quite as frosted as Lucky Charms. Yeah, but it's still magically delicious. No.
Speaker 2: No, they don't say that they're good. They're await. You can't say magic. So that's filled with fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there's a fantasy one also. I think Walmart makes that one. I forget. Anyway, there's a pretty good episode, Andrew, except you hated the razor bran. But other than that, I had a great time with you. I'm glad you made time for me. Thank you very much, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I hope that you know, we can make time for each other from our homes.
Speaker 1: And hey, you know what, look for those chocolate cheerio pouches and stores. Valentine's Day. You've only got two days if you don't know what you're gonna give your Valentine for Valentine's Day. Go pick those up. They'd love them. Here's sweetheart, here's a Cereal packet.
Speaker 2: I didn't get you a ring, yes Cereal.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a whole lot of rings in the bag.
Speaker 2: I would kill you.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Thank you to our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies. Please follow them on Instagram at Farmland Fresh Dairies. Check you'll get them a follow? Yes, please do yeah? Yeah? Please follow us at Serial Killers PC. Lots of award news on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going. We're going to be in Austin together.
Speaker 1: Our tickets are booked.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Do we have to share a room? Now? We don't know. I kind of wanted to a little bit, Okay, I would I want to record you when you're sleeping. What I'm gonna jam marshmallows like in your mouth while you're sleeping.
Speaker 2: Please don't I sleep hump, so we would be annoyed with each other.
Speaker 1: Apparently I snore. I didn't know this. Yeah, I thought I stopped my sleep.
Speaker 2: Humming is intense.
Speaker 1: I got a new nightguard. I just shaped it yesterday. That's hot, right, isn't that hot. It will wake up next to someone with a night guard in their mouth.
Speaker 2: My good.
Speaker 1: I don't wear it with the ladies. Only when I'm solo. Oh so that's the time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this night guard. I have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. Until we see you hopefully on Wednesday with a bult Say Crunch Andrew Crunch