Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirl, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance, don't want to dance, and have now seen five episodes of Dancing with the Stars. But since our best friend Danielle has joined the cast for season thirty four, we're going all in. We are Wilfredell and Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Topanga aka daniel Fishal's backup aka the Daniettes Hi Will Hi Rider. How was it being a dan Yete in person?
Speaker 2: The in person dan Yete is definitely different than the non in person dan Yete. So for the experience of Dancing with the Stars, it's wonderful to go there. I mean the vibe, the energy, getting to see everybody from the cast, it was so much fun. I had the best eat in the house, like early, the best seat of the house. It was the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: You were to see we were last time right like.
Speaker 2: No, so we were in the second we were in the second row. I was on the floor this time, I was in Gensen seat. Remember where Jensen was sitting where It's like that one right there. So everybody's walking by me, I was, I'm in every shot I was. It was like there was three shots. It was the dancers and me. But to see the actual dancing, it's better on TV interesting because you can't. There's times where I was like, ooh, that dance didn't look that good, and then I watched on TV it was like, oh no, that wasn't bad. So again, as an experience, it's like a sporting event. You know, you go see a professional basketball game or a football game. You go for the entire experience. If you want to actually see what's happening in the game, better you watch it on TV.
Speaker 3: So that's that's what I felt.
Speaker 2: But I got me, got to hang out with Alex and Trina and Rusty and Betsy and Bill and Bonnie and it was a ton of fun. And you see all the stars. Dennis Quaid is there, and you know, I talked to Grant Show from uh the Grant Show was on mel Rose Place forever and he and I did a show together. But when I did an episode of True Blue when I was eleven, so I haven't seen this guy since I was eleven years old.
Speaker 3: He's like high fiving me but pretending to remember me. It was really sweet.
Speaker 2: So I mean again for the experience, and like we talked about the first time dressing up, and you know, this time because we were quote unquote celebrities. We weren't just Danielle's friends. We were backstage in the VIP area, so we're meeting all the dancers and all this stuff. Yeah, so get rid.
Speaker 3: Of rider, you get better, better benefits. So it was, it was great.
Speaker 2: But you were very much missed for not by me so much, but everybody else really missed you quite a bit. So so Justine and everybody. Betsy looks stunning, Trina looks stunning. Alex days Are is the single coolest human being that I've ever met in my life, of course. And then there's Rusty, who sitting next to Rusty at this at times was like sitting next to you at things like this, where Rusty's like, there's an awful lot of clapping. Wait, oh wait, we're standing again.
Speaker 1: People really seem to care about it.
Speaker 3: And then he's like asking me stuff. He's like, okay, why why why? Now? Why did that matter?
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I think because she's the host and she hasn't danced in a while, Okay, And so all of a sudden, I was the Dancing with the Stars expert, which was weird. Yes, so I I was, you know, helping, helping Rusty kind of figure everything out as we all Right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm really curious to hear how the perspective changed based on being in the room versus because I'm always shocked by like watching it on TV and you see like what you think is the best dance, and then a cust of the audience and there's just sort of like tepid gold class yeah, claps going on, and then the advice versa where you're like, that was okay, but everyone's on their feet.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how was it in the room? Oh my god, Well I can tell you in the room, I was angry at home.
Speaker 3: I was furious.
Speaker 2: So we'll get into that. Okay, Oh, calling some doubt today.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, the theme for the episode was Dedication Night. Quite a swing from Disney to Dedication.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Dedication kind of different.
Speaker 1: My god. It went from like fun and games to like tears, death sadness. But for me, man, this episode was just by far the coolest in terms of the dancing. The dance agree with you, It was so emotional and it felt personal, and.
Speaker 2: I was just like, yes, so, and I thought some of the prettiest dances we've seen all season were absolutely I mean there was a couple dances where it was like, wow, I don't know anything about dance. I don't particularly like dance, and I could watch that for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, I felt the same way, man, Ye all right, So we started off with Andy Richter and Emma Slater. Andy dedicated it to his daughter Cornelia, the cutest ador thing in the world, and this, you know, immediately I was like, this is a great way to start the night. You know, Andy's clearly on the bottom in terms of dancing, but who cares. It was so fun and to his credit, like I finally felt like his legs were not holding him back the way it had been in other weeks. I was watching his feet and I was like, he's committing, He's going for it. And I also think something about, you know, caring about his daughter being there. You could tell all this energy was on her, which is a good place to be, I think, getting out of his own head having fun. I thought this was lovely, But yeah, it's very, very different from what came after in terms of you know, complexity of the dance moves and all that stuff. So Andy's just hanging on by charm. He's hanging on by charm.
Speaker 2: He also the judges were like carry in was like, I see the progress. I actually see you dancing now, this is great. The scores weren't reflective, but they were all very positive about Andy and his dance journey. Let's keep that in mind as we move forward. That totally Andy and his dance journey. Very very positive about Andy and everything that he's doing.
Speaker 1: Right, but he did achieve like a fluidity that he hadn't achieved. Agree, So he was dancing.
Speaker 3: He was dancing.
Speaker 1: Yes, six is across the board again, Yeah, which is kind of his standard thing right now. Who was the extra judge this week? I didn't quite understand.
Speaker 3: It was the blonde lady. What the blonde lady?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dancing Kim Johnson was a professional on Dancing with the Stars years ago.
Speaker 2: There you go, That's what I was gonna say, gotcha professional blond lady Kim. It's Kim with a y too, which puts it to a whole different Yeah, yeah scenario.
Speaker 1: Well, she was great. I liked hearing some new new voice in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So all right, So Andy.
Speaker 3: And I have I have a question for you with this.
Speaker 2: Now he's getting all sixes every week, do you think at this point it's working to his benefit to be getting lower scores because people are like, come on, you keep giving him six this, I'm going to vote for him.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, I mean we're still in the zone of like there are the professional dancers who are clearly going to be the top three, top four or five who are not stars, right, sorry, Like I was watching this with a friend who had never seen the show before is an actor, and he was like, he was like, all right, so they're gonna start with Andy, and they're gonna put Danielle near the back of the lineup because those are the only actual stars. It's left and dance. And I was like, well, I kind of you know everyone they are celebrities, I guess, but you know they the TikTok dancers. I'm totally with you now that I'm like, but you're a dancer, like this is what you do, or you're you're a Mormon wife who dances. Correct, That's not the same thing as being an actor who dances. Or an entertainer in some other capacity who dances. It's so it seems a little Yeah, I guess it's two different shows. It's just two different shows.
Speaker 2: And I also think they can't change the title, but they should moving forward to something like Celebrity Dance Contest because it's not you're not none, they're not stars, they're celebrities.
Speaker 3: And again that's fine.
Speaker 2: The word celebrity is different now and TikTok celebrity is a thing and Instagram celebrities totally understand that reality show celebrity is a thing, not.
Speaker 1: Stars dancing with the influencers.
Speaker 3: Oh there go love it all right.
Speaker 1: And then we went into Robert Irwin and Whitney. Yeah, dude, dude, this was just tears for me from start to finish. I couldn't I couldn't control it. I was like, yeah, you know, you know. We talked about how Robert started off kind of too strong and had to kind of pull it back a little bit and be more technical, and then I just blew it out of the water.
Speaker 2: This was better than his first dance, which I think is difficult to say, but there's something that this is where, this is where being at the show really benefits you because I got to witness something that no one else got to see. So during he's sitting down on the stage, he's facing forward in his start position, and then there's his dance partner, Whitney behind him, who's stunning and amazing and incredible, and they're playing the pre show package behind him and all of us in the audience are watching the pre show package.
Speaker 3: She knows he can't.
Speaker 2: Hear this because of the dance there to do, so she's kneeling behind him covering his ears. Wow, because she did not want him to hear his mom talking and lose it emotionally. So she's holding onto him from behind and covering both his ears, and he's like muttering to himself. He's like he's like saying something to himself, and she's like, stay focused, you just don't get up. And so that going to the show for things like that is really cool because again I am literally three feet away from them, I'm six inches from the stage, and he's muttering to himself and she's just holding his ears as we're all already crying watching the package and literally thinking to myself, oh my god, that's brilliant. You can't I'm not letting you hear this. I'm not letting you hear anything I say. It was a really incredible moment. And then the dance started and it was just so there's a moment in the dance where he they're both on the ground and they both I'm going to use a term that I think it is, but I don't know what it is, they bridge up. So he kind of bridges up and he's directly in front of me and I'm a foot away, two feet away at most, and his face, his eyes are distant, and they're away.
Speaker 3: He doesn't see the audience. I can tell.
Speaker 2: It's like watching in this actor in the zone. He was just in the moment, and I just had this shiver and I was like, oh my god. It was He was a professional dancer that night, telling exactly the story he wanted.
Speaker 3: That was amazing to me. That truly was amazing to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this was a contemporary dance, which is a category I don't think we've seen up until tonight. I don't think so, right, But it was the majority of the dances were contemporary, which I guess means free for all, just expressive dancing, more sort of storytelling, and man, I love this. I it's more of a contemporary dance person because it's all about the story you're telling. It's all about the expressiveness of your body to the music, and I love it and I agree. Just the majority of the dances tonight we're contemporary, obviously, because they wanted to tell their sort of personal.
Speaker 3: Now, I have a question for producer Tara. Producer, Tar, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, So you know an awful lot about Dancing with the Stars, and I'm curious about this. Are they told the dance style they're going to do or do they get to pick the dance style they want?
Speaker 5: They're usually told what they're going to do. They're given the style.
Speaker 2: That's really what I figured because and we'll get to it. I figured Danielle on a night like this would not have picked the jive.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I thought they got to be, you know, because they have.
Speaker 5: They have a say in their songs based on the theme. To a certain extent. I think there's also like limitations.
Speaker 4: I don't know too much behind the scenes, but I know they are given their dance style.
Speaker 1: That's what I figured, and they can only do every dance style once in the course of the st can.
Speaker 5: Do you can do it twice.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they're given like sometimes it is like a redemption where it's like, oh, we're going to do the jive again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the line in week nine for.
Speaker 4: Example, Okay, okay, same style twice.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Because I figured if you could pick what you wanted for tonight, everyone everybody would have picked something like the contemporary to tell a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it yeah, it was. It was breathtaking.
Speaker 1: For lack of a better, amazing thing. I was tens across the board. Just give it to him. What's a tense? What what's a ten? Is my question?
Speaker 2: What's a ten?
Speaker 1: I guess maybe they don't even give tens until like, you know, right, I think that's what it is, fifteen or whatever.
Speaker 2: But this is where the judging really started to piss me off. One judge in particular, wo yeah.
Speaker 1: Well because it was a carry anne with an eight. An eight, I don't know. I mean, I'm not technically savvy enough to see what he possibly could have done better.
Speaker 2: Right, But the three other judges are, and they all gave it nine.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Where I started to go, like, I think some people have their favorites. I think they are overly harsh on people they don't like and overly generous with people they do.
Speaker 3: And I really saw that with Carrie Inn.
Speaker 1: It's it's human judging, right, yeah, I mean that's the thing supposed to They're not robots. They're supposed to be responding from human plays.
Speaker 2: So that's why the umpires in baseball need to say human beings, because their flaws are part of the game.
Speaker 1: I get, yes, you know, and that's I mean. I also just by the time he was talking afterwards to the judges and they're all just hugging. Bruno can't even keep it together, and they're hugging each other. I'm just sitting there at home, like you know, tears streaming. I was watching with my parents and and you know, they had only seen the first episode when and now, and they were like, oh wow, and we were all just so emotional. I was like, I can't even judge the dance anymore. That was just so beautiful, and like, you know, the idea that of course he you know, he could have dedicated it to his dad, right, I mean, that's like, but by dedicating it to his mom, it was such an even more beautiful message really like honors his dad, but also is like cele brainon the person who has actually been with him the last you know, however many years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing. Again. If I wasn't dead inside, which we all know that I am, I.
Speaker 1: Saw you would have been I would have cried at this.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't would all right.
Speaker 2: So Sue was a mess by the way there and watching it again last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to keep it together. I was just like trying to take notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was gorgeous. Everything about it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then we went to uh, Elaine and Alan, which was I mean, that's a tough act to follow, by the way, No Jensen.
Speaker 2: Jensen literally leaned over to me and he's like, I'm so glad Daniel did not have to go next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true, that's a tough act to follow.
Speaker 1: So Elaine and Alan. Elaine dedicated her dance to her best friend and the parent Trap co star Lisa and Walter. I thought this was so fun. I love seeing the pre show package and their friendship, and then I thought the dance was really fun. Yeah me too, you know it was it felt like a play. Yeah, do you know what I mean and remind you again. She's very musical theory, and in this case they did a foxtrot, so it had its sort of ballroom dance component, but all the switching partners and like really involved Lisa in a way that you know, a lot of the people when they were doing their dedication they didn't involve their dedicated person as much. In this case, I was like, wow, she's like dancing with them, and I thought it was super fun.
Speaker 2: And his spinning in between the two of them and like grabbing the one of them then grabbing the other, than the three of them together, it really flowed well.
Speaker 3: The choreography was great for this.
Speaker 1: But this is hard to follow the emotionality of.
Speaker 2: The hugely hard but maybe exactly what we needed, like a little lighthearted friends dancing around totally different style of ballroom dance.
Speaker 3: It was probably perfect at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got eight, seven, seven and eight. Now so here this is where I agree with you that carry Anne giving an eight to Robert and Whitney and then an eight to Elaine and Allen. I was like, where are you coming from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's like, well, how are you picking? Are you just randomly picking numbers? Like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: No, I just you know, she was going from some sort of I don't know, it's a different place, right, yeah it was, you know, but this was great. This was fine, like I said, just kind of hard to follow the previous dance, so I I you know, but I think any other night, this probably was Elaine's one of Elaine's best dances, right, like, compared to all her other stuff.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think they also again keep in mind eight seven seven eight, and we're very positive with their remarks. I think Kim gave one kind of maybe do this with your hand, but other than that, they're all like, this is it.
Speaker 1: Was just with the pen in her hand.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the pen was later. This was this was interesting your your like your hand and around oh right, the way she holding his shoulder, holding his shoulder and yeah, so that's.
Speaker 1: The kind of stuff I have no idea and.
Speaker 2: Give a great great criticism where I'm like, we again, you're right, we don't know any of that. So sitting there and listening to like, oh wow, if you just move your hand like this, this changes super cool. Yeah, really cool, but very positive feedback. Yeah, eat that in mind again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love where we're going, all right. Next up was Whitney and Mark. This was just amazing. I found this so fascinating from a story point of view and from a dancing point of view, and how those two things were sort of merged because here she is, you know, doing a dance that dedicated to her husband, who has allowed her to do things like Dancing with the Stars right and been her support system taking care of their kids in La, while she's you know, rehearsing all day every day with her you know, dance professional partner, Mark. And so the way that they incorporated her husband as basically a professional dancer doing everything with her, and and then you know, sort of taking Mark's place at times, and then Mark coming in. I thought this was so cool because it was like we're watching them dance out the dynamic of Dancing with the Stars. It was like wow, like you feel like separated, you know, because you're so busy, and then you're involving him. But this is also my worst nightmare, Like if my wife was on a dancing show and she was like, I want to dedicate it to you, and you also have to do all the dance you will.
Speaker 2: Yo, But he did it.
Speaker 1: I love this guy. I was like, dude, you permitted.
Speaker 2: I love the concept. I thought the execution. There were times they were all off right, and I mean clearly off to where I noticed it.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, they talked about her, you know, jumping out of sync. Right, yeah, but here's the thing about them ending out of sync. But here's the thing that I kept thinking, Okay, she has been very technically good every other dance, right, She's never been off time. Isn't the fact that she was out of sync with her professional dancing partner more of an indication of exactly the story they were trying to tell, which is that she was probably more concerned about her husband's dancing and she was more committed to whether he was going to be doing a good job than her own dancing, which only furthers the story, which is that she's dedicating the night to him. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think it was on purpose, but that wasn't done on purpose, But I don't care.
Speaker 1: I felt it like emotionally, I was like, you're messing up because you're concerned about your husband, which is the whole point of this dance.
Speaker 2: That's but the more points I thought it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like a beauty up. I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like I just know.
Speaker 1: But just in my mind, my analytical mind, I was like, you know what that you know what that says? That says that she cares about exactly what she says.
Speaker 2: She cares if they were out of sync on purpose to show the storyline, but they were, she was just out.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, and I think it's that's so sweet, actually beautiful.
Speaker 2: She's a wonderful professional dancer working with another professional dancer. But if you're gonna judge her like everybody else, which they aren't, then she messed up. Yeah, okay, so if you mess up, how does Carrie Anne give that a nine with a clear mess up? When Robert Irwins was flawless and that got an eight. That's when you're just going, okay, there's no there's no rhyme or.
Speaker 3: Reason to any of this.
Speaker 2: Like, it's just I like you, so I'm going to give you a higher score. Maybe I don't like you that much. I'm gonna get it. There doesn't seem to be anything behind any of it.
Speaker 1: Well what about this? What about this? Because I would have given it a nine too. Personally, I think that there's there's something to be said for the challenge you give yourself, right and like you know, in gymnastics, if you do the technical triple backflip versus a double backflip, if you pull off a poorly done triple backflip, you did you get a higher score? Maybe? Do you know what I'm saying? Like, no, sure, of course, And I think maybe difficult to shout yes. And I think that there's something to be said for the difficulty of involving a non dancing husband as much as she did and and committing to that. And maybe is the yes because she could have played it safe. She could have just right her husband, show up and bowed to him, you know, and then done an amazing but instead she took on this huge challenge.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying she did not deserve a nine. I'm saying Robert deserved it.
Speaker 1: Mark Ballat like agree, nailed it, no problem tonight with choreography, tonight with the because contemporary so much more wide open and expressive, and I live beautiful.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't disagree. I'm I'm not saying she deserved a lower score. I'm saying the scoring makes no sense if he gets an eight for a flawless thing and she gets a nine when there's a clear mistake, right that even a neophyte like myself can go, Wow, that wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: But the other judges also gave eight. So this was the highest score of the season at this point in the night.
Speaker 3: Oh gave nine. It was it was for nines, right, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's nine eight.
Speaker 1: That's right. So they were all pretty high, like nobody you know, it's but again, why what is Carrie Anne seeing to where during Roberts it's three nines and she gives an eight and this time it's one nine and three eighths?
Speaker 2: Like are the three of them wrong? And she's right, I don't know. I just don't get the scoring. That's what it comes down to. I don't get the scoring, and I don't get a lot of the feedback.
Speaker 1: She said at one point in the night that she doesn't have kids. Right, yes, okay, to Robert is doing to dance about his mother, it's that he's doing a dance about her as a dance about her husband and partnership. Because of the inverse scores, right, they got She gave eight and then they gave they gave nines to Robert and then this case she gave nine and they gave eight.
Speaker 2: But I don't think Sarrenk has kids either, and he's he's you know, well but going.
Speaker 1: Probably danced with Roberts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like part of the he's like.
Speaker 1: He said, he's like part of the family. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: But apparently his wife is pregnant. So that's gotta be there you.
Speaker 1: Go, there, you go. Next up Jen Affleck and Yan and she dedicated her dance to her mom Maria. This was the Viennese waltz. You know, this was again a tough act to follow. Yeah, I thought this was fine. I kind of like a Viennese waltz. I don't know what that is, but I kind of liked.
Speaker 3: This different than a Viennese coffee, which is what.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I wasn't sure about any of the technicality regarding this dance, you know, because it wasn't contemporary. It's like I sort of have to reset my brain of like what am I judging? What am I you know, thinking about? And I don't know, it seemed great, you know.
Speaker 2: But here's here's what I'm gonna say, and it's gonna sound mean, and I swear to God, I don't mean it to come off as mean in any way, shape or form. It's just how I feel because it happened again last night. She was totally fine. I constantly forget she's on the show. Yeah, Like she pops on and I'm like, oh, that's right, she's on the show, right. And I'm not saying that as to be mean to her. She's just a little bit forgettable everything else going on around her, and she seems like a perfectly lovely person, and her story is very captivating, and the dance was fine. But even as I'm sitting here, I saw it live and I saw it last night on TV, and I kind of can't remember what it was right.
Speaker 1: But imagine if she was an actor from a sitcom or had done a show that you would watched, she'd be brilliant. That's the thing from me, from our point of view, I don't know who she is until we started watching the show, and I don't know if she has the kind of career that like someone like Danielle does or Andy Richter, you know, where you're like watching somebody who you can be involved with as a person do something very difficult. In this case, I'm like, you're a mom of many children and you just had a kid. That's cool. But yeah, you're right, I don't have a personal connection to her. I don't know when she does a good technical dance because she didn't choose as like, you know, is her mom, which was great, Yeah, but it didn't draw me in the same way emotionally story wise that the previous dance. Who I also, I don't know who Whitney is before this show, but that story and the way she was able to convey it with the dance between her and her husband really drew me in. So it really stood out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just it was fine. It was fine, and I'm sure she's perfectly lovely. I've just just kind of lost in the pack.
Speaker 1: But I think exactly, and I think she's probably gonna be in the bottom. I think, so I think this, you know, this was a chance for her to potentially really involve us in and make her her story more memorable, and instead it was like, she did a good technical dance and it was great, So we'll see, we'll see. I mean, I was really kind of like annoyed that they didn't do any eliminations this week.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Oh go I was.
Speaker 2: I was a nervous wreck. Yeah, I'm sitting there watching them all. They're three feet from me. They don't know if they're going home. When she finally finished, I said to Danielle, you can't. I know this is not about me, but you can't do this to me anymore. I don't know if I'm gonna able to.
Speaker 3: Make it through the end.
Speaker 2: Like it's so, I'm sitting there like shaking with anticipation.
Speaker 3: Oh it was awful. It was awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why do you think they didn't do it just because it was so emotional? They didn't want to judge anybody based.
Speaker 2: On I think it's one of those things. And producer Taram I have said this to me. I don't know if somebody said this mean it's true. It's like they don't want to send you home on the possibility that it was your husband or your wife or your mom that made the mistake right where it's like, you know, hey, how do you judge somebody who dances with a five year old girl and say the dance wasn't any good.
Speaker 3: It's so true, so you can't you can't, Like, so do they?
Speaker 1: But they do Dedication Night every season? Do they always avoid elimination?
Speaker 2: That's what I asked too, And I think they kind of don't, you know, don't do anything, because Jensen said to me is like, I was so nervous. I go, who do you think is gonna go? He's like, oh, we're ninety nine percent sure no one's going home tonight.
Speaker 3: I was like what.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, Dedication Night. They don't normally send anybody home, but they didn't know. And then as they start reading the results, he's like, maybe we're wrong, And I was like, oh god, so, but no, I think that's kind of the norm that they don't send anybody.
Speaker 5: Well, this was also the first year that the person they're dedicating to is actually involved, really there, Yeah, these years like.
Speaker 4: You didn't have you didn't have like Lisa and Alisa and Walter doing a full dance, or you didn't have.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's why they want to do it. They couldn't.
Speaker 4: They could have like if like if Andy went home and his daughter, you know, she's awful.
Speaker 2: It's like, how do you I can't believe you got me kicked off of Dancing with the Stars, you tiny little girl, like mom, you did exactly.
Speaker 3: So they kind of go, we're gonna have be have a big emotional night.
Speaker 2: Then we'll yeah, now are they gonna do it? I wonder if they're gonna do it like they do sometimes on some of these reality shows that I'll watch where they won't eliminate anybody, and then the next week they eliminate limit it too.
Speaker 4: But also in the past we've had like different finales where there's been a finale with five, there's been a finale with four, so there's been in a finale with three.
Speaker 5: So you actually don't even know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: You don't know if there's gonna be a double elimination at some point before the finale.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh my god, it's is just I can't do it.
Speaker 2: That's what the Stars sponsored by Adavan. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do this anymore. God.
Speaker 1: Jen and Jan got eight seven seven seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, a little nice.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe could have been seven.
Speaker 1: My assumption is that the technicality of the Viennese waltz was was good in order to be maybe yeah, maybe maybe all right, next up Dylan Ephron and Daniella. He dedicated it to his little sister Olivia, who's tiny, so cute. But she talked in the pre show package. I was like, why does she talk like a thirty five year old woman? Did you notice that? I was like, no, Oh, this kid she had such like oh my god, this kid's like God, it was so cute. I was like, oh my gosh, she's Yeah, there's something about the way she spoke. I was like, you're you're you're not five? Yeah, yeah, maybe a kid acting just runs in the jeans. It was pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: He is so likable, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, this was I mean, like I didn't think it could get better than Robert or when No. I mean, I've said since the beginning, Daniella is the best dancer in the whole bunch. And this was insane. Like there were moments in this dance where it felt like she wasn't a human being. It was like she was flying around him. It was like she had this like magical flight ability. It was like she was levitating.
Speaker 2: It was insane, it was magic.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, it felt like she had put on like a magical dress that was like lifting it up and throwing her. I was like, and then he was just so stable and like when they did the big lift, I was like, oh my god, this is yeah, this this is incredible. Yeah, he's also in the room.
Speaker 3: It was that good. It started.
Speaker 2: So during rehearsal, he did the uh Like they were just kind of running around the stage like everybody kind of runs around the stage. They're kind of practicing a little bit, and the two of them just had this quick burst of speed where they did the giant burst in the twist and soon and I looked at each other like, what the hell was that? And then the dance started and it was so good. And the little girl runs right off like if you watch the thing, she runs right to me, Like she literally runs right right and falls right in front of me. She jumps off the stage and falls. It was the cutest thing. She like got up with the giggle. Was the cutest thing in the world. But he is also to me exactly what this show is about. Whereas you go watch his first episode and he's likable and personable, but he's stiff and doesn't know what he's doing. He's like a dancer now. I mean, he looked so good out there. He's obviously out of his own head. He's enjoying learning the techniques, and the two of them together are just shredding it.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Hey, I still think Robert Irwin is in the number one position. I think I think he solidified it with this week. But I think Dylan's a real.
Speaker 3: Close second at this point.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's my I think he's just he was so good and she was adorable, and it was just this was this was kind of a magical moment of the night.
Speaker 1: And I think the match of Dylan and Daniella too is really key. Like he's bringing exactly the right energy for her form of dance. Like they're just working so well together and you can tell they just get along and they're on the same page. And yeah, I thought this was I mean, you cut nines across the board and rightfully so, I mean it would beat the best score of the season. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: I mean it great, And he is just again, he's so he's got this infectious smile about it. Where I told you we were got to be in the VIP section backstage while we didn't meet him. I just didn't want to mess with any of the dancers or any of that kind of stuff. You don't want to get in anybody's head. Danielle of course, is running around saying everybody, and she's just has such poise it's horrifying. But I just kept seeing Dylan around the area. He smiles the whole time he was. It wasn't like he's not putting this on. He's just got a giant smile and a good dude.
Speaker 1: And committing to the challenge that he's been faced with and working.
Speaker 2: It's great, killing it and killing it. Yeah, he's so likable. That's why every reality show wants him. And people are just gonna start throwing money at this guy because it's like, please please wrap my product, please do this.
Speaker 1: Please do that.
Speaker 3: Because he's just so damn likable, you know.
Speaker 1: And also he's clearly physically capable in a way, like I mean, he's been rock climbing, he's younger, he's just he clearly can can rise to this challenge physically in a way that like.
Speaker 2: Andy Richter can't.
Speaker 1: Right, It's like, yeah, that's fine, but like he's becoming a professional dancer in the course of this, which is understandable.
Speaker 2: Like he seems like one of those yeah, like one of those guys where if there's he'll be good at anything that physicality is involved in. He's that guy where it's like, I've never shot a bow and arrow in my life, and by the end of the day, I'm hitting the bulls eye nine out of ten times. He seems like that kind of got up to me and he's he's just yeah, he's killing it.
Speaker 1: Then we had Julianne, the host, do a dance with the other professional dancers, which is good to see. I was like, oh, it was like yeah.
Speaker 2: And this is where Rusty.
Speaker 3: Rusty leaned over and he's like why why, Why is everybody excited? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Why do we care?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, Julianne's the host, and so he said, He's like, who's on. I'm like, oh, she's the host, and I don't think she's dancing in a while. So she's gonna dance with the.
Speaker 3: Whole kind of troup. And he's like, oh, right, oh, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Because are we standing again. I'm like, I don't know. I think we'll probably stand.
Speaker 3: And clap, I think, so you should care, you should care y He was just like, why is there? Why does everybody care? What am I missing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was. It was cool to see her dance, and she's obviously phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I mean I had no idea because I'd never seen her dance before except in that movie exactly, but this is she was great.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was cool to watch five incredibly beautiful women in really beautiful flowing dresses doing a really really beautiful dance. I mean aesthetically, there was nothing that was not pleasing about watch live or on TV.
Speaker 1: Next up was Jordan and Ezra your favorite but some of your favorites, right man?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just love her. Yeah, you know, I just think that she's because she could like so easily. Like even my dad, who hadn't seen anything since the first episode, was like, isn't she a gymnast? Shouldn't she be like flipping around? And I was like, no, she's she's trying to do something different here, you know. And for me, what's really struck, like what's really struck me about Jordan is like when they stand next to each other, you can see this height difference that's just insane, right crazy, But when they're dancing, it never occurs to me. And what I was watching her this time, Her arms are incredible. She's using her arms compared to how she started, she is now making She's accentuating every one of her moves perfectly. And that's not a gymnast thing. I mean, obviously it's a strength thing, but it's an elegance. It's a and I think the judges called it her musicality that's getting better. And I'm like, yes, because she clearly has the physical capability, but you know, to be able to be expressive with your arms and to tell a story and to you know, just not to just be a dancer. It was incredible. Yeah, so I thought this was great. I love seeing her dad involved and like, yeah, she did more than half the dance with her dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I found this again. I liked the story. I like her.
Speaker 3: I found this a little boring if I'm honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with all the other stuff we kind of saw in the night, I was kind of like, Okay, it was a dance, Like it wasn't bad certainly technically was was very pretty. She's so graceful, the way she moves She obviously is completely in touch with every aspect of her body and knows how to move it, and I just I found it a little just a little bit boring for me this week.
Speaker 1: All right, So you would have it got eight's across the board, you would have given it.
Speaker 2: Less No, No, probably not, because the technicality was there. I probably would have given it the same score, but it was just a little kind of forgettable for me this week, right right, Yeah, I don't think I would have changed the score. I don't think it was it deserved a seven. I think it deserved eights across the board. I think that's that's right about where she would definitely was not Dylan. She definitely was not Robert so I who is exactly Yeah, exactly exactly. Well Whitney, you know, or you know, any given week, you never know. So it's one of those things where, yeah, this one to me was a little like Okay, there was a dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the judges commented on how much of a risk it was to involve her dad as much as they did, and I appreciated that too. It was like, yeah, like this is cool for Ezra to you know, because he got emotional the pre show packets his father, and so I found it super interesting that he was like, you know what, I'm gonna let this be there the thing and let this guy, who you know, isn't part of the competition kind of take over and just be a dad in the dance itself. And similar to the Whitney's story with her husband, it was like, Oh, the dance it's self is kind of telling the story of this relationship in a way that is really beautiful.
Speaker 2: By the way, before we go any further, who would you dedicate your dance to?
Speaker 1: I mean, is there a way that I could not dance?
Speaker 2: But you you wake up in your hell and you've got dedication night.
Speaker 3: Who do you dedicate it to?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would. I would certainly dedicate to my wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see I also don't have children, I don't, you know, so it's like physically wouldn't be able to do it, so it would be yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would dedicate it to Susan.
Speaker 1: I mean, Indy does. He is actually a very good dancer. He doesn't do it, but when he dances, it's like he's good. Oh my god, dude, like you should be doing this all the time, so that could be fun, just to dedicate something to him and let him go crazy. Alex is also a very good dancer. Yeah Alex, Alex has this.
Speaker 3: She'd make you look bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she probably won. But one of the things I love about my wife more than anything is that she has the ability to, like almost every wedding we go to, at some point she gets the entire dance floor to do an interpretive dance with her like she does. It's it's the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Did she do that at my wedding?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she did. It's one of the funniest things. And it starts off as comedy. She always starts off as comedy. It's like she's kind of going crazy and everybody's like, what is she doing? And by the end she's usually involved the bride and the groom and she gets everybody following her lead doing like time after time as an interpretive dance, and it's like it's half jokey, half ironic, but it's also very good and it's and she's never planned, she does not have a choreograph routine. She's feeling it and it's just so fun. It works every time, and like, I just, I just And of course I never joined in, but I'm always just sitting back watching so proud and in love with her expressive capabilities, you know, because she's an artist. She can she can sing, she can act, and she can dance, and she just does it and she brings it in this way. So maybe I would dedicate it to her just to let her do.
Speaker 2: I remember her dancing at wedding, and I remember her dancing at my wedding, but I don't remember the interpretive dancing.
Speaker 3: So that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's she She usually takes the stage for a moment and gets everybody go. It's so fun to watch her. It's it's an incredible skill, all right. Next up was Scott Hoying and Riley, and he dedicated his dance to his husband Mark. They announced that they're having a baby, which amazing news. Yep, what a way to pull on our heart strings.
Speaker 3: Oh it's got brilliant.
Speaker 2: Although I might I might have saved it for a week where they are kicking people off. I might have saved I don't know if they knew or not, but I might have saved that announcement for a week when when people are going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, No, it was a good move, good move, Scott, I see you. I thought, you know this this like I've talked about how he should be wearing a suit. He was wearing a sparkly suit. I loved their sparkles together. I thought that was looked great. But this was hard to follow. You know, you've had so much yep, more expressive contemporary dancing going on. This felt a little traditional, felt a little like yeah, sure, but he's come a long way, like we've talked about. Yes, So I thought this was great and a little bit of a cheat to sing at the beginning.
Speaker 3: And I didn't like the singing at the beginning. I thought it was a little ante.
Speaker 1: I was like, you got a great voice, and this is awesome, but it's not a singing show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little much for me, just the whole I'm singing right to you for a song that he wrote to him, and it's like, okay, I get it, but it's like this is a bit it's a bit.
Speaker 1: Much for me that I know. Yeah, I've also been at weddings where people sing to each other at the altar and it's the same sort of like, okay, this is this is either should be a very private moment or a very public moment. When you try and do both at the same time, it's like it misses on both counts. Yeah, maybe because you're like, this is really personal, then I should look away or just listen to it or something. And if it's really public, then don't be so emotional and looking into I don't know, I get a little like.
Speaker 3: I get you.
Speaker 2: It's a little just a little cringe. The singing was a little cringey. Love the outfits, Yes, they're obviously very much in love with each other, which shows and that's great. And the dance was again this I put this again with kind of the Jordan one. For me, it was like it was fine, it was very much in the middle. I thought of what we saw tonight, I think you're right. After some of the dances we've seen tough act to follow.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, I feel like everybody should have done contemporary, like across the boarder. If this many people are gonna do it, then everybody should be completely free to just do an emotional storytelling dance. And it's because every time somebody did a traditional dance like including Danielle, which we'll get to if it was like, well, come on, like they're still playing it. They're playing a different competition, do you know what I mean. They're in a different thing and they're doing that really well. But because of everything else that's happening tonight, it's like, oh God, like they don't stand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get why, and I can understand both arguments. But if I was running the show, everybody would do the Fox trot on one night. Everybody would do contemporary one night everybody, and then you're judging everybody can't.
Speaker 1: Judge them accordingly because you could see the same. Dude, that makes so much sense to me. I agree, that is a great call. I wish they just yeah, like as opposed to like picking themes like Disney or whatever.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 1: Yes it's Fox. Yes, that is what I would learn more about the dances to be able to compare them exactly. Brilliant. Yeah, well take over, takeover.
Speaker 3: That's what you want is meet over.
Speaker 1: I've got some changes, all right. Then someone named Danielle Fischle danced and she brought some co star, some guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she brought the guy who was the voice of Kit in night rider.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what he's most he's most known for.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Captain cool?
Speaker 2: What was his name? Captain amazing?
Speaker 3: What was it in the fifties?
Speaker 2: Who did he play?
Speaker 1: Captain Fantastic?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Bill, Oh my god. Yeah, this is obviously very close to our heart.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: So this was great to see. But again, do we a jive? A high energy jive after we've been crying over Robert Irwin? I was like, this is gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay for hard. Wait a second, we did we say what Scott?
Speaker 3: What Scott got?
Speaker 1: Scott got seven eight seven eight, which seemed very kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it could have been it could have been seven or all sevens.
Speaker 3: I agree, okay, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Danielle, Danielle, it's I don't know if I love the choice to dance to the boy Its World theme song just because I'm so sick of it. For me, it just gets stuck in my head. But also there were more lyrics. Do you think these were these lyrics? Were?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: There were something? Stop?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: I was yeah. I was like, oh, because I think there's a full version of the song out there. Yeah, yeah, so they must have. It was like hearing the rest of the Cheers song, which is very bizarre, by the way, the full Cheers song. Yeah, there's like a whole cross dressing thing. It's like, what what's happening. I don't know this and I know this song really well, but I.
Speaker 2: The song to mash is literally called suicide is Painless, so it's yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Great, but I just couldn't, you know. The second it started. I just kept thinking of all, you know, the joke that we do on our podcast every week, which is like when we have like the super dramatic, awful moment, And then I just felt kind of like that coming out of all these emotional expressive dances to be like and it's fun time out of the school yard. But it was. It was she brought so much energy again, like last week, Danielle is committing to the technicality of the dance and the form of the dance and like that feet work.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I was just like, great, do it, go for it.
Speaker 2: This is one that I needed. That when I saw it on the stage, I was like, ah, I don't know how good that was, Like it didn't look bad, but I was like because he couldn't really see. And then when I saw it back at home, I was like, oh, she was great. You know, she definitely she was high energy. She looked great. He's dressed like Cory, She's dressed like ag O, her hair is crimped.
Speaker 3: It like it hit all the feels.
Speaker 2: You got Bill Daniels there, who you know again is a super old man who just wants to be there for us for things, who's just so sweet. But it was it felt out of place tonight. And that's why I'm asking who got to pick what? Because for them to be like, hey, you're all gonna do these beautiful contemporary dances, Danielle, you're doing the jive, it's like, yeah, okay, really it just seems like whoever got the jive that night? It's gonna seem like it's out of place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I also.
Speaker 1: Wondered, I also, as much as you know, obviously, like I understand the connection to Bill and I understand the connection to Boybet's world, I wonder if this is really what she needed in terms of, you know, like everyone knows her as to bank like this this was a chance for her to open up another aspect of Danielle's real life and to dedicate it to somebody like her husband or her kids or you know. And the fact that she didn't do that, I was like, that's kind of a risk, Like it's sort of jubbling down on what she's already known for coming into this competition, right, And it's not saying, there's this whole aspect of my life, which is what everybody else did, right. Everybody else is like, you know me as singer, you know me as Mormon housewived, if you know me as these other things, and here's a chance for me to showcase an aspect of my life that you don't know and dedicate it to somebody. From that and by choosing Bill, which I totally understand why she did, I mean, of course known him, but I was like, is that gonna be a that's kind of a risk. That's doubling down on what everyone already knows you as to Penguin.
Speaker 2: Right, and wonder too though maybe she didn't have any other options. I mean maybe maybe it's one of those things where it's like maybe her husband doesn't want to dance with her, she doesn't want to put her kids on camera. I mean, there could be It could be one of those things where it's like, who knows what she wanted to do. Maybe it was like I'm dedicating to my mom or my dad and they're like, well, I don't want to be on camera, in which case you would then kind of go, Okay, what do I have left? Right? And then it's like, God, Bill Daniels, Oh my God, bring the house down with Bill Daniels, which is a great choice. But to me, it wasn't about Bill or boy. It was about the style of dance on this night just seemed out of place, right, and so, and then we'll get to the judging, which to me, I was infuriated when I got home, when I watched it again. I do not know how they're judging Danielle. I do not think it's fair how they're judging it. It seems like they have two categories they have. They have people that were celebrities that have had no dance experience whatsoever, that they're praising their journey and really telling them how great they are.
Speaker 3: And then the.
Speaker 2: People that have serious dance competition and they're judging them a little more harshly. And I feel like they put Danielle in that category for some reason.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know why that is.
Speaker 1: I think early on, because she's an actor and because she's so likable, I think that they put the pressure on her to say, you need to learn how to technically dance, right, And so she's been doing that and I think she did that last week, and she did that this week. And I think what's interesting is that everybody else, almost everybody else, decided to draw into story and expressibility this week, and so I feel like she's out of step now in some way with where the arc of the show a little bit, because now she's still trying to say, like, I can do this, I can do the technical thing, when actually, like I would love to see Danielle cut loose with a more emotion expressive dance, and I hope, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think she'll be able to do that with contemporary I hope. That's not what I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: It seems like Andy gets up there and does a dance and they're like, man, we can see your progress.
Speaker 3: You're doing great. Ellen gets up there and does a dance.
Speaker 2: He's also an actress but has huge dance experience, and they're like, man, your journey's going so well, daniel gets up there and does that, and they're like, here's everything you're doing wrong, right, And I'm like, wait a second, why is everybody criticizing her for everything she's done? And everybody else gets this, you are so amazing.
Speaker 1: But I think part of it is that she presents as so capable, you know, just as a person, as a personality, she sure, and she also presents younger than she actually is, do you know what I mean? Like you look at somebody like Andy, you look at you, look at your your The reality is she is older than Jen, she's older than you know, these other ye like she's in her forties, but she doesn't look like it, like Danielle looks like you know, like they even said, you still look exactly like you did as a teenager, right. And so I think that there's this expectation that she's you know, and she hasn't leaned into like her identity as a mom as much. She hasn't leaned into her story.
Speaker 2: But she also drink. She never danced before, I know, so why is she not in that category? And it's not likely that carry In at one point says to her, look, I've got to tell you all your dances are starting to look the same. But that's not on Danielle. She's not choreographing the dances. That's on Pasha and so and she goes, oh, you know this is also for you, Pasha. No, it's not also for Pasha. That's one hundred percent on Pasha. A I don't necessarily agree, but she's criticizing Danielle for something that Danielle has nothing to do with, and so it's like, you know, Danielle, your dances are really so you gotta be careful. They're starting to look the same. Well, I'm sorry, am I choreographing the dances too? I wasn't aware that was part of my job description. So I was starting to get pissed. Where it's like everybody else gets this, man, you are great and I love everything you're doing. And then Danielle gets up there and everybody's like, Okay, you need to hold your hands like this and if you do this, you gotta do this, and wow, they're starting to look the same. But wait a second, why are they treating her so differently? And last night to me really bracketed that it seemed like she is being treated differently than basically everybody else in the show.
Speaker 1: I think because I you know, I think that last week she did a high energy fun number and this week she did a high energy fun number, and I think, like I said, she did not deepen her uh her character in a way. You know, it was like everyone knows her as Topanga and she went back and did that. So I think that's more what as much as like I don't think I don't think the dance looks the same, but I think she's starting to feel the same. Like I think that it is starting to feel like what else you got? Let's you know, because I think Danielle's been like, I'm going to prove that I can do these technical dances, and I think she's been doing that, and I think now it's time for her to just express herself a little bit more in another aspect. And and I don't know, so I feel like that's the nope, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't disagree, but if we've already established and we're not sure we're right, but we think we are. That they don't pick the dance style they're gonna do that week, then you and they're not choreographing, then you can't be like, you've done two high energy dances in the row and they kind of look the same. Okay, Well, then neither that Neither those criticisms are on Danielle. If she's not picking the style and she's not choreographing it, then you've got to judge her on actually dancing. And I thought the actual dancing deserved way better than what she got. Should she have gotten nines across the board? No, she was not Dylan, she was not Robert, of course not. But you cannot tell me that when some people were getting eight seven, eight seven, that their dances were that much better than Danielle's. It just it seems like they're praising everybody else and then telling Danielle everything she's done wrong. And that's really that got to me last night because and again we're biased, and I'm like, you were my best friend, and I don't like that. So I know that I'm a little agro when it comes to that stuff, but I really felt it last night, especially when I watched it back.
Speaker 1: All Right, she got seven seven seven and an eight, and did.
Speaker 2: You see did you watch her as there's telling her scores? Yeah, it was sad to me because she was like trying to hold it together, and I feel like it was a little unfair that night.
Speaker 1: So right, yeah, well she gave it her all, she didn't give it her all. And knowing Danielle, she's going to take this criticism and come back next week. I mean, luckily there was no elimination, right, she did not get eliminated, So she's got another shot.
Speaker 2: Well, now she'll have to choreograph herund dances apparently what they're asking for, and as just every week as we do. Because you know that I have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything dance.
Speaker 3: This is, of course Wills his dude of dance. This one is sponsored.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm doing a new thing where I'm trying to find uh up and coming companies and try to give them a little bit, you know, extra.
Speaker 1: Boost, a little boots.
Speaker 2: So there is a small watch company called Rolex that I think makes a nice product.
Speaker 3: If they wanted to send me one, I could.
Speaker 1: So you sure it's for Alexa, It might be it might be Rolee.
Speaker 2: You're right again, I don't know anything about the company, So the X could be silent, but the jive, I don't know if you're aware of this Rider, but originated as an African American dance in the early nineteen thirties, emerging from swing dances like the Lindy Hop and the Jitterbug, and gained public recognition through cab Callaway. American gis brought the dance to Europe during World War II, where it evolved with variations, became popular in Britain in France before being standardized as a competitive ballroom dance and adopted as one of the five International Latin Dances in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Has not been a new ballroom style since like the sixties. Has anybody is there like this new.
Speaker 3: There's got well contemporary probably, but I guess that's not ballroom.
Speaker 1: No that I'm curious, like if anybody's inventing a new version of a ballroom dance, like because I feel like every time you do these histories, it's like basically kind of slops in the nineteen thirties, that's where the last time people were inventing new ballroom dances.
Speaker 2: So there is no single newest ballroom dance, but rather new t friends are emerging, most notably fusion dance that makes which blends traditional ballroom styles with other genres like contemporary hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: All right, right at my fingertips.
Speaker 1: Right there, just amazing. All right, Alex and Val again went contemporary, and uh, I thought this was great. Yeah, you know, it's it's you mean, she's just clearly in that category of like Europe, you're a dancer, Yeah, you get it, and it's it's it's way less, it's way less compelling as a reality reality show journey to watch her dance. It's it's it's wonderful to watch her dance, Like, yeah, they're great, they're great dance. But yeah, it's a little hard for me to be invested because I'm like, well, you're just great, you can do this, Like, but.
Speaker 2: Yet you were invested in Whitney. So do you think it's just the story that happened this week that made you so invested in that, because again, same kind of journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, that's true. I guess. I guess I feel like I've seen Whitney struggle a little bit more, whereas like Alex seems like she's been prepping for this right ready to go, and it's just like, let me showcase my dancing ability, which is also lovely it's just is it Dancing with the Stars? You know, I'm not Yeah, you're right. I guess I was a little less invested in the like the younger Sister storyline for instance this week, which is also it was great. Yeah, no, this was this was lovely and I mean it was nice. Yeah, it flew very nice, dance gorgeous, Yeah, very pretty. There was this moment during the judging where I think it was Derek said something about the negativity happening tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, what was that all about? So there's different rumors. There's rumors online that he was actually that was a shot across the bow at Carrie Anne for some of the stuff, some of the judging she's been doing. Okay, there's other rumors that it is about just stuff online about is Dancing with the Stars too much professional dancers versus non professional dancers. So that now that I've googled Dancing with the Stars three times, of course it's the only thing that shows up in my algorithm. So there's all there's all these things, but that's the one I heard this morning is maybe Derek was taking a shot at care.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand it because I was just like, actually, like the night, as far as a viewer went, was so emotional and supportive and everybody was crying and hugging each other. I was like, what negativity is he referring to? And then I was wondering if it was something in the room, like somebody say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I asked Jensen and he was like, I don't know. I guess there's just been stuff in the news or something.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because I was someone who was there, we were all like what is he talking about?
Speaker 5: Like watching in the back and we're like what.
Speaker 4: And then I asked Jensen and he was like, I think he meant this week like just people being negative on social media about.
Speaker 5: Other dance, like you know, the judging.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 4: But in the moment we were all confused too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because it really felt like it was like, what are you talking about, dude? Like this the night has been probably for me, some of the best dancing of the whole show, I agree, and the most entertaining, and everybody seemed so loving and supportive, like it didn't I don't know it was. It was a bizarre thing to say. I was like, all we've done is like celebrate people's families and partners and like this is awesome, Like I don't so, I don't know. It was a weird, weird comment that kind of threw me off. Yeah, but yes, Alex and Vow were great. Yeah, they danced to Coldplay.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, what did Danielle get me? Danielle got three seven and a first eight. We forgot to say that, which is.
Speaker 1: No, I think I said it, but okay, maybe not maybe not.
Speaker 2: First date is she was very excited with that, and and it might not have been it was totally deserved to get an eight, by the way, especially all the other dances going.
Speaker 1: I guess when I look at Scott's scores, which were two eights and two sevens, I'm like, Danielle could have gotten another eight.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. That's what I'm saying is I don't get the scoring.
Speaker 1: The two of them are having sort of equivalent journeys, I think, where they're both like trying to prove something. You know, they're both artists who can express themselves in other forms, trying to prove that they can do the dancing thing, you know, the technical parts, and they Yeah, but I think her own category.
Speaker 2: But I think she's better than he is as a dancer, I think has shown more than he is as a dancer. She's more fluid than he is as a dancer, and I think overall he's has higher scores than her.
Speaker 1: I agree in it. Yep, all right, Alex and Val they were eight nine nine and was it an I actually didn't write this down. Was it a nine? The final three?
Speaker 3: Nine in an? Eight? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Very high score. And then we went into the elimination which was No.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's happy.
Speaker 3: Still nerve racking. Oh my god. I was watching Danielle on his day and she was just holding it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so nerve wracking. It's so obvious that there's like the top five and a bottom five, you know, like there's no question anymore, Like we've seen the sort of so unfortunately, like it's going to take somebody sort of breaking out of that lower five to really doing something stand out next week in order to even be in the competition with people like Robert Erwin and Whitney. I mean, these these people are just and dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're they're breaking away from the pack. They're definitely breaking. And again, I do not mind if my best friend is in the bottom. If she's treated exactly the same way as everybody else, right.
Speaker 3: That's all I care about. Just treat everybody the same.
Speaker 2: During the show, it just seemed like this episode especially, she was treated differently, and I just don't know why.
Speaker 3: That's all it is.
Speaker 2: That's again, if if you it's the the old equivalent of what your parents used to say to you, I don't care if you get a d if you really tried your hardest. And it's one of those things where I just treat her like everybody else, and I felt like they haven't.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder how much they know that she's getting in a lot of the popular vote potentially, Yeah maybe, And I mean they're saying that this is the highest voting season of dancing. But still ever, that's we'll just call that the Tapenga effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: You know. I think that I and I wonder how much that's you know, influencing their harsher criticism because they're like, well, she could be getting a huge popular vote, and therefore they're you know, trying to balance that out a little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I saw two or three pretty big influencers that always do stuff about Dancing with the Stars, and two of them had Danielle number three as top three as Top three had her they had they had h Robert number one, Dylan number two, and Danielle.
Speaker 3: Number three, two of them.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious what Maybe maybe the American people are seeing something way different than the judges are, and who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you got a question for me?
Speaker 2: I do, But first, uh, first I want to talk to you a little bit so we know that, uh, we are doing something called the strong incentive, which is what to take to get right or strong to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. We have now offered cash and prizes, probably close to the two million dollar mark. But one thing you've got, a no writer, is that life has consequences. So I'm gonna need you to pick a random number between one and four three three three. You picked, you have lost the five hundred thousand dollars. It is no longer on the table anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh, my friend, the.
Speaker 2: Will giveth and the will take it away. So yes, originally five hundred thousand dollars showed up to your house and you released the hounds. Then we had a sprinter van, beautiful sprinter van, three hundred thousand dollars value.
Speaker 3: You said no, and you release the hounds yet again.
Speaker 2: Then they someone found Sean's leather jacket, original leather jacket, and you wavered a bit, but nope, still weren't interested. And then last week I went for the soft underbell, which you're going to do again this week, where you had your og magic cards with a black Lotus card thrown in. But now because indifference has consequence, the five hundred grand.
Speaker 3: Is off the table.
Speaker 2: So we now have just the jacket, the magic cards with the black Lotus, and the sprinter van. This week, somebody shows up at your house with a Manila envelope, one of those specialty sealed envelopes that you have to sign for. You grab the pen, you write right or strong, and you quickly cross it out, because we know how you like to sign an autograph. You opened the pat you open the little the little thing, the little Millima Manila envelope, and you slide out a paper. You read the paper and it is a deed oh No to Coffeecats, which is opening again in Sebastopool.
Speaker 3: Its original spot.
Speaker 6: You have the opportunity to have an entire new generation of young hippie kids who like to read poetry and play magic, the original spot of coffeecats, and it is yours.
Speaker 2: If you would only go on dancing with the stars.
Speaker 1: That's a really good one, right. You know why that's a really good one because it's not only personal and goes back to like my but I've always loved community and the idea of like having a gathering space, and I also love coffee, and I could to provide what I got from that community and that sense of space. And you know, also I did open mic there. I have friends who did open mic nights.
Speaker 2: There all comes back rider and it's yours.
Speaker 1: I mean, what if I say yes, then it's the segment over.
Speaker 3: I mean again, would you say yes? Is this what it would take?
Speaker 1: I mean, I really, I really love I've always loved the idea of like having you know, being a part of But then I think about owning a restaurant, owning a responsibility also responsibility these that come with it, And I lost the five hundred thousand dollars which could have helped hire those people to help me run it. And it's not a bookstore. It's just a coffee shop. Oh God, that's tough, though, that was like, that's like that. God, But could I handle the embarrassment of doing the show.
Speaker 3: With all the social media stuff attached?
Speaker 1: I would, Oh God, I feel like I would ruin all my like integrity in order to be on Dance with the Stars. That I wouldn't be able to have an authentic relationship with coffeecats back in Sebastball. God, damn it. Will I don't know. I'm genuinely torn the how much were the magic cards worth? I could sell the magic cards.
Speaker 2: The magic car well, I think the I don't know what your original deck would be worth. There probably be some bangers in there, but the black BoatUS I think the last one sold for six hundred grand.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I still have some cash?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, God, I think I might do it. Seriously. Did we find it already in week five?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean I think I could I change it to a bookstore? Could I? Could I make.
Speaker 2: It it's your original coffee? Well?
Speaker 3: I mean again, it's yours and you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 7: Okay, No, okay, If I'm gonna say it's original coffee cats if you have to be original coffee cats, and I can't also make it into like the but man, that's close, that's close.
Speaker 1: I honestly like, I've always thought that, like, oh, it would be fun to own a place like that. But I talked to anybody who's worked in the restaurant industry and it sounds like hell yeah, you know, concluding my wife who spent years in the restaurant and like, so yeah, I'm gonna say no. As much as I want that space back, and I would love to provide a community space, it would I would rather be a bookstore that has coffee as opposed to a coffee shop that that serves food. So I'm gonna sry.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: Also, keep in mind, now every week that you say no, you're gonna lose something else.
Speaker 1: That's on it. That's fair. I think that's fair. I think that keeps it, keeps it. Yeah, there you go, and it's going to be random if that stays on though, Oh yeah, that's gonna be hard. It's getting hard. Man. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Good job, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh man. All right, that's it for this episode of Pod meets Tworld. Join us next week as we continue watching season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars. We may not know a quick step from a quick snack, but we know what we learned way back in Phoenie's class. Danielle Fischel is the star of the show. Pod Meats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischl, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubash, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and boy Mets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at podme World Show or email us at Hodby's World Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: MHM