Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about, you know, what this political funding situation really is and who's really moving a needle because they put they put thirty million on you, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was taken aback by that. I was telling the guys right before the shows they have an ad that's attacking to more bollmen. I'm like, that's the friend of the show.
Speaker 3: So all right, they put they put they put thirty million on you. So what does this mean? Break this down and layman term for the people to understand, you know, how big money is really influencing elections.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, especially in congressional elections. So one quick point of clarification, the election is not weeks away, it's actually days away. So the first day of early voting is this Saturday. So that's Saturday, June fifteenth, literally six days away, and so we're treating the first day of early voting as as election day. So please get out there and vote everyone who's watching. So, when you run for office at any level, you got to raise money to run your campaign. So that money goes towards paying staff, it goes towards getting flyers and palm cards, posters, banners, mailers to people's homes, advertisement, it goes to a variety of things. When you run for Congress, the most that someone can donate to your campaign it's thirty three hundred dollars for the primary and another thirty three hundred for the general if you win the primary. But there are organizations that work outside of your campaign that are called super packs and cfors. Those c fours can raise an unlimited amount of money. They do not have to publicly disclose who gives them money, and then they can operate on the campaign's behalf and or give that money to super packs, which operate on the campaign's behalf. So in my race, when you talk about that thirty million dollar number, most of that is coming from the C four and the superpack that is being spent on behalf of the person who is running against me. That is not his campaign money. His campaign money can be anywhere from like a couple million dollars most likely, right, usually a couple million dollars, and he spends that for flyers and mailers and ads. But then if you have a C four or superpack that is well endowed, they can spend money on his behalf, which is what's happening in this race. Most of that thirty million is happening from the superpack side of it. And this is more money than they have ever spent in their history. And I'm speaking specifically about the group A PAC.
Speaker 3: So, okay, so let's get let's get straight to the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he said today though, so.
Speaker 3: Well, Nate, So a pack, Yes, who is a pack? For the audience, and why would a pack spend thirty million allegedly, why would APEX spend thirty million dollars to defeat Jamaal Bowman?
Speaker 1: Yes, so APAC stands for and I want to get this right. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, they are one issue organization Israel. They support the State of Israel, and their lobbying in Congress goes to ensure that Israel continues to receive three point eight billion dollars a year in military funding and whatever additional billions or money they need for whatever it is that they want to do. That's who APAC is. They are targeting me and spending so much money against me because I called for a permanent ceasefire in Gaza and because I'm calling out and fighting to end the genocide and the famine that is happening in Gaza. They are not used to members of Congress criticizing Israel or speaking up against APAK. Now that they have members of Congress doing that, they are targeting those members of Congress and targeting other people around the country. So they don't just fund congressional races, they fund state races, county races, local races, et cetera. They've been around for sixty years advocating for Israel and Israel only, and they've pledged to spend one hundred million dollars this election cycle. But the majority of that going towards your boy, Congressman Bowmen.
Speaker 2: Of what they're going to know is they're willingending you, which is and I mean when we talk about wealth and will have a conversation with that, I'm sure, But we don't have super PACs. And that's something that we've had plenty of conversations about even educating people on what they are, how to form them, and how to figure out what exactly they'll be for. Right, we need to know the things that we want. When you hear those type of numbers, thirty million, which is a lot of money to be spending on the capital on a local well, we could not a local election, but a regional election, right, right? How do you combat that?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Hey? I need to raise more. We have to become strategic because I've seen their ads every morning. I see your ads too, right, I love I love like when it's like you're going back to the schools and education is part of the campaign. How do you combat that? Like, what's the strategy to run against somebody that seems to have capital that's almost pretty extensive I want to say unlimited, but very extensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, just to give you some more context before I answer your question. So, they spent ten million on ads within a four week period, just a couple of weeks ago. That is more money than President Biden has spent on broadcasts all year. So literally within a four week period, they were trying to bombard people with the message that they wanted to send out about my record, which is complete misinformation and disinformation and propaganda, not accurate at all. But that gives you an idea. Comparing it to President's Biden overall spending for the year, it's not even close, and so you can't compete with them dollar for dollar. But what you can do is you can have an incredible field operation and ground game that literally goes door to door. And so for us, we spend a lot of time and effort on our field operation. We spend money on field to make sure we are knocking doors in particular areas. But then we also have an incredible volunteer army of at least that volunteers who are making tens of thousands of calls and knocking tens of thousands of doors every few days. And so that's how you combat it. They got money, we got people. This is the many versus the money, and most of the district supports my policies as it relates to Gaza. For example, they support the permanencies fire, They support you know, me wanting to fight to bring that three point eight billion dollars back here to help people with you know, entrepreneurship opportunities, affordable housing, affordable childcare, fully funding schools, et cetera, et cetera. Most of the American people are with us. The challenge is they have all the money, and they also have media infrastructure in place where they can, you know, quickly pivot and weaponize something I said or did against us as well, which is part of what they're doing during this campaign.
Speaker 4: With hindsight being twenty twenty, do you regret making some of the statements that you did and maybe that could have prevented the attack. Do you feel as if, no matter what was stated, they were going to attack you through media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no, I don't regret it at all. I'm not in Congress to be comfortable or to be quiet, not in Congress to just go along and get along. If I'm not there fighting for justice like racial justice, economic justice, adjust foreign policy, then you know I'm not supposed to be there. If I'm not there fighting for those things. So no, I don't. I don't regret it at all. And as a matter of fact, in my opinion, this is exactly what we needed to be doing at this time. This is an example of us carrying on the legacy of our ancestors who fought and died for everything from the end of slavery to the end of Jim Crow to the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act. I mean, look at what happened during the sixties with so many martyrs, Doctor King, Malcolm X Mega Evers, and so many others, you know, And so this is kind of my responsibility, I think, as you know, not just a black man in Congress, but a certain type of black consciousness in Congress. You know, I'm supposed to be doing this, and I actually take it as a badger honor that they're spending more money than they ever spend history to get me out of office.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. Okay, So three points eight billion, you said, goes to Israel.
Speaker 1: Three point eight billion a year plus plus let me just add real quick before you asked your question. Plus whenever, like whenever something occurs out of the ordinary, a pac writes a bill for Congress to appropriate more money for Israel. So during my first term we annually, no matter what, if everything's quiet, calm, three point eight billions already earmarked. But my first term, Hama sent rockets to attack Israel and Israel had to use some of this I am don't defense resources. And right after that, Apak wrote a bill so that we could send an additional billion to Israel on top of the three point eight billion. Right now, with the attacks happening in Gaza right now, we just passed a bill of sending an additional fourteen billion into Israel, almost like to help them re up their military resources after this conflict, so that whenever they need it, we got it. That's how it goes.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christin Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,