Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Welcome back to the Betting Pros NFL podcast, brought to you by bet MGM. I'm your host, Dan Harris. You can find me on Twitter at Dan Harris. Ady Championship weekend is done and is on to the Super Bowl, which should, as usual, be a monstrous event for sports betters. But with me to break down all things NFL is Rich Ryan, host of the Gridiron Damble Podcast. You can find Rich on Twitter at rich t Ryan Rich. How is your Sunday? It was Okay.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do our damn nest here to make this podcast more entertaining than the two games that we just saw. I feel almost as bad for the viewers as I do for the very tall, very luxurious buildings in Las Vegas, because I think I can see from here large fires. I think I can see things crumbling to the ground because both big favorites, both overs coming in not a good day for our friends in the desert.
Speaker 1: Okay, legitimately, number one, I thought there were actual fires, and I got nervous for a second when you started talking. And second, I mean I agree that the Sunday as a whole was not that exciting, except for the fact that right before we started recording, Rich dropped like six things on his soundboard and they were just random like dollar signs, cash registered things going on there. You see, he's got it all. He's got it all ready to go. Okay. So if you thought like, oh man, that Sunday was so boring from a betting perspective, it's all right, We're gonna make it all okay. Now, like last week, we're recording this on Sunday night, and immediately after the Sunday night game last week. I need a little bit of time just to break down what happened on that game in this one. This game, the Packers forty nine Ers game was over, I don't know, twenty minutes into it, so we've had a lot of time to kind of think on it. Still, the lines for the Super Bowl have been up for about forty five seconds. For me, that's when it's fun. We've got two weeks to dissect this game. We're going to break down all the angles, the player props, how long the national anthem is going to be, all that stuff. But being able to see how everything strikes us in the moment with today's games fresh in our minds without much time to break it down. That's when it's good. Sometimes your instant reaction turns out to be the best. So, Richard, shall we dive right in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've been grinding Demi Lovado National Anthem tape, getting my hands on anything I can find for that problem.
Speaker 1: This is the reason why we bring you back on this podcast, rich But let's start with today's action. Chiefs thirty five Titans twenty four. This game look like it might go a bit differently here at the start, Titan said leads of ten to nothing and seventeen to seven in the end. The Chiefs offense just way too much. Patrick Mahomes throws for two hundred and ninety four yards and three touchdowns, two to Tyreek Hill, won a gorgeous sixty yard bomb to Sammy Watkins. He also runs into score on a preposterous twenty seven yard run toward the end of the first half. Everyone talks about how exciting and dynamic Lamar Jacks and is, and he is, but you know, a healthy Patrick Mahomes is nearly as exciting. Meanwhile, the Chiefs defense does the one thing that nobody's been able to do, and I don't know, ten weeks and that's bottle up. Derrick Henry just nineteen for sixty nine. On the ground. Ryan Hannell does throw for two hundred nine yards and two touchdowns, but without the ability to move the ball with Henry effectively, those are just kind of empty yards. So we'll get to the matchup with the forty nine ers in a bit, but break down this game for me. What were your general impressions.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this is healthy Patrick Mahomes and that's something you brought up, and it's something that's really important, specifically with that twenty plus yard touchdown run that concluded the first half first time these two teams met. Mahomes is coming off of a knee injury that's going to require offseason surgery, although minor, if there is a such thing as minor surgery, and he did not have a single rushing attempt in that game.
Speaker 1: I believe that was.
Speaker 2: Only one of three games on the regular season that he didn't have a rushing attempt. Still, even though he was a statue, he dropped four to thirty three on their heads on the road. And now we had a fully healthy Patrick Mahomes and a fully dialed up Chiefs offense that had eight yards per play and pretty much did whatever they wanted to when they wanted to save for that first drive, which is very mirrored almost perfectly the start of last week bad drop by Kelsey. Things get off slow, but then the Chiefs just start rolling. I mean, is there any other time when a team gets down multiple scores and you're just not concerned. That's what makes this chief seem so dangerous and puts the fear of God in you if you're holding a ticket for the other team. There is no lead that's really safe with these Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you something, what side did you have on this game? Both on the spread and the total.
Speaker 2: So Chiefs minus seven and a half was my favorite pick of the week. I didn't have much of a lean on the total. On Gridiron Gamble, I gave out a very unorthodox parlay for this week because I don't know if you've noticed, but there's just been a war on teasers from the books and you have to pay up to like minus won forty minus won forty five juice on some of these two team teasers. So I gave out Chiefs minus seven and a half parlayed with Niners money line at plus one sixty, I wasn't strong enough to get Niners minus the seven and a half. Ultimately they smashed and covered as well. But I thought this Chiefs line should have been north of double digits. This is a really bad matchup for Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I could see it, but I'll be honest, I had bought in the other way. You know, I thought what I was really most impressed by in this whole thing, it's not the offense, because this is the offense. Now. You you know, with Mahomes being you know, as close to full health as he's going to get without surgery, this is what the offense is going to be. They're completely unstoppable at the moment, unless you know, maybe well we'll see what happens in the super Bowl with the forty nine ers and their defense, but a defense like Tennessee's, which is, you know, solid against the run but mediocre against the pass, they really didn't have much of a chance. One of the reasons why I kind of leaned towards Tennessee getting more than the touchdown was because again I thought that, you know, the team sort of the whole whatever the phrase is, the hole is greater than some of their parts. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their output was greater than the some of its parts. And that's a testament to how well Rabels coached this team and how well they've performed in the playoffs. And they were great matchups against I mean, styles make fights. The NFL is such a week to week league, which is why the Niners are so crazy. They can win in so many different ways. But the Niners Week one of the playoffs, they get really a dusty Patriots team and really handle business on the road. Last week, you talked about it, the run stopping ability the Titans, the spine of their defense, whether Beach Reil Casey up front or their linebackers and Jayon Brown and Rashaan Evans, and then back in the safeties with Kenny Vacaro and Kevin Byer, the spine of their defense is their strength. So that was a terrible matchup for the Ravens. And then the Evens go zero for seven basically in the turnover battle if you include turnovers on downs. So they just really had no shot in that game from hell. But then, yeah, they come into a game that's against the Chiefs team that's gonna stretch you horizontally with their passing a top, not just vertically, and the Titan secondary just can't compete with that. Who and who really who can in the NFL?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna find out next week whether anybody really are in two weeks where there anybody really can. Let me ask you a couple of things on this game. I mean, they bottle up Henry, which is something I didn't think they had a chance to do, right. I mean, you know, to the extent the Chiefs defense has a strength, it's against the pass, not necessarily the run. Henry had been as unstoppable. You know, he had this stretch as good as any running back had ever had over an eight game stretch, nineteen for sixty nine. Do you think that was more about Henry kind of finally finally wearing down after getting you know, thirty plus carries for a few weeks in a row and having all this work, or do you think that, you know, the Chiefs defense it's kind of rebattened, and you know, Chris Jones playing, he was, you know, a game time call just kind of up their entire defense or what which side was it was more about the Chiefs defense or more about Henry finally running at a gas do you think.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think it's more about the Titans not being willing to be more aggressive and throwing the football. It's really easy to scheme against the traditional run because you can stack the box and just be very aggressive up front. It's much more difficult when you have, let's say, a running passer like Lamar, because you can't just scheme for one thing. You have to contain on the edges and then also be stout.
Speaker 1: Up the middle.
Speaker 2: But when you can put all these resources in the box, and granted you're right, the Patriots and the Ravens didn't have much success doing this, but there was one specific time in this game, I believe it was a third and short or fourth and short where the Chiefs Spagnoler literally rolled out goal line defense at the forty nine yard line and you just have to be able to check to a slant there or some kind of pass if you're an offense operating in twenty twenty. There's also other opportunities where Ryan Tannehill is seeing single high and he's got two guys on the left that can run a combo slot fade something, and you're going to beat both man and zone in a lot of those cases, and the Titans just kind of turtled and kept running the ball. This is why running the ball isn't sustainable as a primary method of winning football games, because it's just so much easier to scheme against. So I'm not really going to fault Henry or even this offensive line. I just think it's really really hard for running, especially traditional running, to be your optimal output on offense.
Speaker 1: All right, how about the slow starts? Okay, you know you can right off last week against the Texans because they're coming off the pie right, so you're sort of like, okay, maybe you're not really ready for it. Texans, you know, have a couple of really explosive plays and get out to that huge lead before the Chiefs come roaring back. This one, you know, it's not quite as dramatic, and Tennessee doesn't have the offense to make it quite as dramatic. But again, they fall down ten nothing, they fall down seventeen to seven. And you can recover against the Texans, who have a subpar defense. You can recover against the Titans, who have a solid defense but not one that really you know, plays against your strengths and not the type of team that's going to put up a ton of points. I don't know if you're going to be able to survive having one of these slow starts against the Niners. What do you think is going on? Out of curiosity with the fact that in both of these playoffs games the Chiefs have started really slow? I mean, is it coaching? Is it just something where I don't know, it takes a little while. And are they going to be able to solve that when they go into the super Bowl because they've got two weeks now, you know they're coming off that buy. You know, against the Texans they were really slow, and again it worries me a little bit to see them slow out of the gate here.
Speaker 2: This is slightly concerning too, because the Niners thrive in positive game scripts, like when they can pin their ears back on that defensive front and when they can just get whoever is running the ball. Tonight, it was all world Raheem Moster getting downhill. They're a very dangerous outfut Mo Nwara on our podcast, one of his favorite bets this weekend was literally, if anybody gets up two scores live in this Packers Niners game. Just bet that team because the Niners in negative script could be scary. We've not really seen it yet, and we know what the Niners aren't positive script. They just roll these teams over. In terms of the why. Maybe it's just arrogance. Maybe it's just playing at home, knowing your favorite, knowing you're likely to get through to the next round. Hopefully it's not a hangover thing, because then these two weeks will play into that even more, and you cannot get off to a slow start against the Niners on a neutral field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been able to pinpoint it. I thought like, all right, there's got to be something that's kind of causing this, because it was really concerning to see them, not necessarily for me as somebody who leaned both towards the under and towards Tennessee in this game. So I was like, great, all right, perfect, this is kind of exactly how I saw this playing out. The Titans are gonna be able to run down there. They're gonna have enough on defense to kind of keep this game close enough to cover the more than a touchdown spread. But in the end, it's really a little strange, and it does make me a little concerned as we get into the Super Bowl. But before we get there, let's talk about the second game, which, again, you know, thirty five twenty four, This game was probably mostly over in roughly the third quarter. You get into this second game here with the Niners thirty seven the Packers twenty, and this game was over really early. Rogers did what he could in the second half to make it a game, but there was just no stopping the forty nine Ers offense right now, or should I say as you talked about the forty nine Ers running game, I mean I talked about it with Adam Burke this week when we were breaking down this week's games. There just didn't seem to be a path for the Packers to win this game. Like I tried to play this game out several different ways. I could not find a way at all for the Packers to win this game. Like you, I wasn't, you know, jumping for joy about the seven and a half points spread or wherever it was seven seven and a half. I couldn't, you know, jump all over that, because that's a big number when you're in the championship week. Even in the other game, it's a big number. But I felt absolutely confident that the Niners were gonna win this game because I just didn't see how it was possible on either side of the ball that the Packers were gonna have the upper hand, and they really didn't. The final score not quite as bad as when these teams met in Week twelve, but it might as well have been Jimmy Garoppolo through eight passes, not completed through eight passes. That is not the way the NFL is supposed to work. As you mentioned earlier, all the rushing game for the Niners, and specifically were he Moster because Tevin Coleman left with a shoulder injury. I believe he was carted off, so I don't know if we have any details on that yet. I have not seen any, but certainly he's got two weeks to get ready for the Super Bowl, so unless it's something really serious, hopefully he can make it back for that game. Mostard has two hundred and twenty yards rushing on twenty nine carries. Matt Brida meanwhile, you know, used to think of this as a three headed attack, just one carry for two yards. I don't know whether or not he's still in the doghouse because of that. Fumble. I didn't see any injury, whether or not it's that fumble, whether it's just that they have two weeks so they were just going to go with Mostart, But whatever it is, Mostart was absolutely dynamic, and really it's all about the defense. Aaron Rodgers completed nearly eighty percent of his passes three hundred and twenty six yards, but he turns it over three times. And that's basically about as empty a line as you can have. The Niners sack them three times their secondary. When you have d Ford and you compare him with Bosa and Armstead, and when you have Kwan Alexander to stop the run and you have Tart back it even at defense like the Chiefs. We're going to get into that game. You know, we'll talk right now just about the Niners. I mean, how good is this Niners team right now? Talk to me about this game. This game was over, you know, ten minutes in.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous when Kwan Alexander is a luxury item because Drake Greenlaw is getting as much burned, if not more than Kwan in that linebacking corps. We know Fred Warner's been tremendous there, but Greenlaw is the guy that made the tackle against Jacob Hollister to win the de vision. He made a very massive tackle against Aaron Jones in this game on a third and short whether Rogers tried to throw out a quick flat pass there and Greenlaw just ran it down and tackled him perfectly. So when somebody like Kwan is a luxury item, things are certainly getting get ugly. I was also fascinated that Richard Sherman, who's traditionally a left cornerback, traveled to the right side of the field a couple times in this game a little gameplay there, which is a little fascinating. Specifically, I saw stat going around that Rogers's QBR when throwing left was I believe thirty first in the league and fourth throwing right. So I really thought that they were just going to keep Sherm right and offense right and make Rogers throw to DeVante on the left hand side. But they moved Sherm around, which was fascinating, and then Sheran puts the jets on there to pad some stats and get the interception at the end. Yeah, this Niners defense is tremendous. They're tremendously coached by Robert Salah, and when Kansas City takes the field on offense in the Super Bowl, this will be iron on iron and it is going to be fascinating to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I hate to say it, man, Like you know, we do this. We've got two games to get through and then a super Bowl to talk about. But there's just nothing to break down from this game, right, I mean, in the end, the Niners were completely dominant. Most people thought they were going to be completely dominant. These two teams played again, like I don't know, six weeks ago, it looked almost identical. So how about we just move on? Are you good to that? Because we've got a juicy, juicy Super Bowl coming up here, and I think we really just need to break that down and we can move on from this game. An amazing effort by the Niners. But what do you think you ready to go just to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Before we do, let's let me tell you about the sponsor of today's show, bet MGM, and specifically the bet MGM Sports App. With the BETMGM Sports App, you can place the bet right from your phone. Just search for the sports app in your app store, download it and sign up for an account. And when you sign up, you want to use our promo code Harris my last name, because when you do, you get a risk free five hundred dollars bet. If you lose your first bet, bet mgm is going to refund it up to five hundred dollars for future wagers. And trust me, there is nothing like having a bet that you know you can't lose. It's not even technically gambling, but just accept your free money and move on. So again, download the bet mgm Sports app, sign up for an account, use our promo code Harris, and get your risk free five hundred dollars bet. These winnings are paid in free bets. You must be twenty one years or older, and although you can sign up an easily deposit money anywhere, you must be in the state of New Jersey to place a sports bet, and certain restrictions apply. Visit betmgm dot com for the full list of terms and conditions. And if you've got a gambling problem, call one eight hundred gambler. All right, here we go. This is what kind of everybody wanted when we had the four teams left forty nine ers versus Chiefs is certainly the most compelling matchup for the consensus lines. Right now, I am seeing the Chiefs at minus one and a half and the total hovering at fifty two and a half. This is trending up. I saw it at fifty one and a half at places when it opened. I'm seeing it at fifty three in some spots. But for our purposes, let's look at the consensus line with fifty two and a half. Last time these two teams met Jimmy Garoppolo towards ACL, So let's hope this one turns out differently. Why don't you just go ahead and give your early impressions of it and we can have some back and forth.
Speaker 2: I think the line's really fair, really sharp. I guess it would come out around Chiefs minus one to half point heavier. I could see it going as high as two. This is the most interesting book making game for me because it differs so much from every other NFL game, even including Championship Weekend. Because the amount of volume in normal people betting in this game is going to make it so that Vegas or whoever is your bookmaker if you're in an eligible territory. Now, now that we're finally breaking down some laws. They can make money just off of volume alone and charging Viigan this game when normally and they don't take very large positions. But normally a lot of these books tend to have an opinion on the game, and mainly that's just because the market is usually so heavy on one side that they can't control the fact that there's going to be more money on a certain side. But with these two teams, and with this line being short of a field goal, I think action is going to be very evenly split. And I think our friends in the desert will be able to lick their wounds after this championship weekend and just kind of make money off of the big So at this time I have the slightest of leans for Kansas City, and I actually kind of think this total is really low, and that's a total fish opinion, but I think that normally good offense is going to beat good defense. So I think Kansas It is going to be able to set the pace in this game, even if they get behind early. I'm not as afraid of the Niners clamping down, even Rogers. We saw Rogers faint a comeback just now, scoring some garbage time points, throwing to Davante Adams, and then something Lizards, something Kumero. That other tight end eighty seven name is escaping me. But these casuals like practice squad guys. So I think the Chiefs will be able to set the pace and score some points in this game, and the Niners can do it in a multiple multitude of ways. So slightly on the Chiefs at that number. But I do like the over which makes me feel like a complete fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really think that I have like six things that I want to respond to with what you said. None of it is wrong, by the way. First of all, Jay Sternberger, I think is the tight end that you're looking for. And frankly, you know, the one thing I think we probably should say throughout this thing is it's pretty amazing that the Packers, you know, I get that their point differential wasn't great, but it's pretty amazing that they were able to do what they were able to do with you know, an okay defense, nothing crazy. They could be beaten on the ground and legitimately one pass catcher, right, I mean, Devonte Adams. Alan Lazard was your number two and he is not a number two wide receiver and the corpse of Jimmy Graham was your number three. It just was not happening. So the fact that they made it this far is pretty awesome to see. And you know, I love Rogers and I hope he gets one more shot at it. Now going to this game, let's talk about a couple of things. Just let's take a step back, just for our listeners in case they're not quite as sort of sharp or understanding of the betting universe. What you've said is I think absolutely correct, particularly with this line, but generally in the Super Bowl. There's so much volume on this game that Vegas and we'll just call it Vegas, but any sportsbook. I like your lowering talk, by the way, where you tried to be very careful about who can bet and who can't very good in this game. The volume is so much that bookmakers are going to be able to come out ahead just by the viig. But that is not I think there's a misconception by the way, that that is the way that you know betting works, and that really all that bookmakers want is even action on both sides so that they can just make money off the big That's not really the case. Generally speaking, I mean, sure, if that happens, that's fine, that's great, they'll do it. But generally speaking, bookmakers are fine to take a side. Bookmakers are fine right to say, this is where we're gonna have liability, and we are okay with that. So in this game, you know, the point you bright up brought up, I think is a great one, which is the fact that in this game, the side doesn't really matter. This line is sort of perfectly said. I completely agree. I really have no strong lean on this game myself, and basically all you and I have done this entire year is break down every single game. So the fact that we're looking at this like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know whatever, yeah, pretty much right.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what it's gonna be, and that's what the public's gonna be. So I think that's good. The second thing is that again you talked about the over, and I agree with you. I mean, wherever it is right now, let's call it fifty two and a half, it's not ending at fifty two and a half, because you know, guys like us I have been on the under in the last two Chiefs games. And I think there were a couple of things number one. I think I was not giving full credit to how much Mahomes has completely gotten over you know, his his ailment and how much he looks one hundred percent because they really are a completely different offense when that happens, because remember, towards the end of the season, they've gotten under a whole bunch. So, you know, and both these teams are brilliant offensively. Okay, I get it that sometimes Jimmy Garoppolo just doesn't throw because they can just run. But you know, you've got two of the most brilliant offensive minds coaching both teams. And the thing is that, generally speaking, public's love overs, right, the general sort of you know this is a huge generality, but the public love's overs and you know, the sharp play more often than not is the under because public betters, You're like, oh, they're going to score, they're going to do a lot of stuff they want to go over. So the fact that you and I are again both looking at this game and being like, oh, yeah, this is going over if for Noah, the reason this is just not gonna be a defensive struggle, Like there's just no way not With how well these two coaches can can devise a game plan on offense when they have two weeks to prepare. And remember, the Chiefs are third in offensive DVOA and that's including a lot of the time when Mahomes was hurt. The Niners are seventh. The Chiefs are fifth in the league. In points per game, the Niners are second, the Chiefs are six, and yards per game the Niners are fourth. The big thing though, again, and this is really what we need to talk about necessarily, is you know, putting aside the whole back door over like basically what you had here. You know that this game which was done that the Packers couldn't do anything offensively whatsoever, winds up at fifty seven points, right because in the end the Niners are just kind of sitting back and saying whatever. Putting that aside, Is there any chance, I mean, I just want to talk through this. The Niners are second in defensive DVOA. Okay, they they're at full strength right now. They're gonna be rested, they're gonna be ready to go. Is there any chance that they can come out and shut down Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we just have to define what shutdown means I think they can make it tough for the Chiefs. Sure, I think that's a reality. But I just think that the way that the rules legislate the ability to throw the ball, whether it be things like defensive holding or pass interference, that late pass interference to the Chiefs a little bit of a ticki tac call, But by the letter of the law, you cannot interfere with an offensive player's ability to get to the ball if your head has not turned the entire time when you're competing.
Speaker 1: For the ball.
Speaker 2: So I just I really truly believe that good offense is always going to beat good defense, or at least have success. Maybe beat just not the right operational term to use there. And even if the Niners, who have a great defense, are able to limit the Chiefs, I still think they're like a walking twenty one points at a stone minute. I mean, let you brought up a really good point about the Niners too. The Niners can score. There were ninety four points scored in their game against the Saints, so they can shoot out. I just I just I just like you. You put it perfectly. Two great offensive minds, and there are certainly even though the Niners are stout, there's still deficiencies there to be taken advantage of. And just the way the Chiefs spreads you horizontally, somebody's gonna be open and Mahomes is gonna make that throw and just hopefully Kelsey and Tyreek Hill can can hold on to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I completely agree. I'm just trying to basically see, like, is there anyway I don't see it at this point. I abstinine injury. I don't see how you can stop Mahomes, especially, you know, just for another reason. Then again, even if he gets rushed by you know, all the guys up front, he's so fast and he's so brilliant with his legs as well, now that he's basically fully healthy, that he's gonna be able to get things done regardless. It really is some thing where again, I don't you know, they scored thirty seven points in this game and they didn't throw whatsoever. So I don't really think that the public is going to be like, well, the Niners aren't that good offensively. And I get it, Jimmy g doesn't always look like he's in complete control. He certainly looks like the type of guy who in a spot he could fold. You know, it's possible, but I really don't see it happening. In my opinion, whichever side you like in this game, I wouldn't worry about like running in to get it now, right. I mean, if you're like, man, I really like the Chiefs right now, I really think it's good. The line's not going to three. I mean, you know, in my opinion, this is going to stay right where it is, maybe one and a half. I bet the public is probably going to come in. I think it's gonna be pretty split generally speaking to the extent the number of bets is probably going to favor the Chiefs, and I think the money again is probably going to be split roughly right down the middle. But in my opinion, if you like this total, rich you like over on this total? Is that correct at fifty two and a half? Yeah, I gotta say yes, I do as well, and the public probably does too. Go hammer it right now, because that is something that's gonna that is going up by It's gonna be fifty four by the time the game hits. I wouldn't be surprised it's fifty five, because that is something where bookmakers are not gonna be able to get both sides of it, okay, because I think even the sharp betters at this point are not gonna look at this and be like, well, of course this is gonna go under. I mean, the Chiefs just have too many weapons to be able to think like, well, you know, Richard Sherman could take care of one. I mean, given the fact that it's Kelsey and Tyreek Hill's pure speed. And again, it was good to see Sammy Watkins remind everybody that he is a legitimate player and he can show up when they really need to. And again, Damian Williams didn't do a ton on the ground today, but he is there and he's good out of the backfield. So I think we both see this game, you know, almost identically. I might lean slightly towards the Niners on the spread. I don't have a strong feel for it either way, and it sounds like you don't really either, but you slightly lean towards the Chiefs. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think the game line might just be more about in game betting. Again, if you're in a territory that not only allowed is this, but offers this option, you might have a chance to get on whoever falls down in this game, or maybe we're afraid of the Niners and negative script again. So if it's the scenario, it's really only one way. If the Niners get ahead, maybe we're only going to have an opportunity to bet on the Chiefs. I have to put a little more thought into that, I will say so. Instead of just you and I both gushing over the over, let me get a Narrativeville real quick. What if both these teams are just tight to start the game. Is that something that could happen. We've got two quarterbacks starting in the Super Bowl for the first time, maybe a little nervy in the first quarter. Maybe Kyle Shanahan seeing signs of twenty eight to three flashing in front of him and that absolutely epic collapse of the Falcons when he was offensive coordinator. Maybe that's what happens. Or it is South Florida hard rock, I believe has an opening if we get a South Florida rainstorm. It rained for the Colts Bear Super Bowl last time we were in Miami.
Speaker 1: That's right, No, it did. That's certainly a possibility. The getting tight thing, Yeah, man, I'm stretching. I'm really stretching. I'm stretching to find something to talk about something. No, no, no, Look, it's certainly possible. And again you do have this, you know thing where the last two games, in their two playoff games, the Chiefs have started really really slowly, and the Niners defense might be good enough. I don't think any defense is really good enough, but they might be good enough to not just be like, oh, you started slowly, well, good, now you're going to just be able to put up you know, fifty points on us like you can do on every other team. They might be too good to allow that to happen. So it's certainly possible. And again, the one thing the Chiefs did, you know, and you talked about it the fact that you just don't think a team is going to be able to consistently run the ball quite as much as the Titans were doing. But again, you know, Baltimore had eight guys in the box for like two thirds of Henry's runs, okay, and he was still just going through them. I mean, I think it was pretty impressive the way they were able to take him down. And I get that, you know, but the thing is, you know, you saw every time ten I went back to pass. It wasn't like guys were wide open or anything like that. You know, the corners we were, you know, on Brown and they were on Corey Davis. They were taking care of it. So you know their defense is solid as well. So to the extent both defensive step up. Sure, it's possible, but man, even if they're tight, that's not gonna be forever. You know, they're not gonna they're not they they You might you might get a first quarter under. Okay, I'll give you that one, but for me, I don't know. Man, as soon as we're done with this, I'm gonna go pound the over you know, a couple of times. But you know, again, I've been I've been off on my chiefs over unders for the last couple of weeks. So take that with a grain of salt. But I like your style. And again, we'll monitor the weather reports. If it's gonna be a monsoon. You know, we talked to Kevin Roth a couple of weeks ago, and certainly you know that's something that that could make a difference if that's what happens it is Florida. But in the end, man, absent that I just I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I hurts, Yeah, it hurts to like be over, really it physically, I'm in pain staring at this number and thinking that it's gonna go over.
Speaker 1: I've literally just been under for like four weeks NonStop, and that worked real well early on, right in the wild card round, and you know it was everything was under. But you know, suddenly that's a terrible bet. But whatever, man, we'll be square, and it's the super Bowl. We'll have eight thousand prop bets and either way, just go listen to some Demi Levado and then you can really get in there right on the length of the national anthem. So all right, but that's gonna do it for today's show. Rich, it was really great talking to you again. I thought you brought a lot of wonderful insight, as you always do. And again, you know, sometime in the next fifty years, our Jets will make it. Probably don't tempt me.
Speaker 2: The Titans really reminded me of the nine ten Jets today exactly. Lot of balls bounced their way the first two rounds, a lot of good matchups, but then you get one game away and then life just smacks you right in the face.
Speaker 1: Well when the time comes and I'm sure will. We may be eighty, but it'll come at some point. How about we do a live show from Radio Row.
Speaker 2: I am for that, so booked?
Speaker 1: All right? Man. Well, in the meantime, remind everybody where they can find more of you in your work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You can catch our podcast, grid Iron Gamble on any podcatcher that you listen to, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, and you can follow us on Twitter at grid Iron Gamble. I'm at Rich t Ryan and enjoy this lead up to the super Bowl, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody, have a great time. And I want to remind everybody before we go about bet MGM, where you can get a risk free five hundred dollars bet if you sign up for the BETMGM Sports app using our promo code Harris. Given that the super Bowl is not until two weeks from today, we're going to skip our usual Thursday show this week. We will be back talking about some of our best plays next week. I'll talk to you then,