Speaker 1: You think it's weird when you have to go into other people's closets.
Speaker 2: I'm so used to it now and I love it. I feel like I get to learn so much about people.
Speaker 3: Are you folding their underwear too?
Speaker 2: With gloves?
Speaker 1: Okay, I wouldn't want anyone near my underwear. Tasha Tosh show, Tosh show Show, Tosh show.
Speaker 3: Time, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm in a great mood because I survived the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear it.
Speaker 1: My son and my wife went to New York City, UH to watch a bunch of Broadway plays. My son enjoys UH singing and watching plays. And I had an idea. I said, why don't you guys just go to New York City. He's never been. This will be his first trip to the Big Apple. And she was like, I don't know, this will be It's been my wife's first time away from our daughter, who's just now over a year. Anyway, they did it a wonderful time, and she did you know, she was so busy there and she loves plays that that it didn't even bother her that she was being a horrible mother to her baby daughter. But I had a great time. I had a great time with my daughter alone. And I don't have nanny's and I don't ever look down on people that do have nanny's. All of our friends have nanny's. Here's why I don't have an It's a very simple reason. I just don't want somebody else in my house. That's it. I just don't want another body in my house. Right, But staying over my daughter all weekend was so enjoyable because this is what we did. Every time she took a nap, I just took a nap with her. I was like, this is great. Oh, it was great, right, just double naps every day. Best weekend of my life.
Speaker 4: I mean, not only did you survive it, you're well rested.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. My wife gets back and she's a little emotional, you know, hugs her daughter, and you know, how did she do it? And we facetimed a bunch throughout it. It just went fine. I was like, am I gonna lie? Am I gonna lie to my wife and say how much that her daughter missed her? Because she didn't. She didn't miss her at all, Like she was happy the whole time. Don't get me wrong, If my wife is in the room that's who my daughter wants to go to, you know, for attention. But when she's not there, it's like, all right, now, Dad's number one. And I hated to say it to her, but I was like, listen, if our daughter was kidnapped, if the kidnappers were good people, our daughter wouldn't care. It's just the reality. She'd be fine. I agree, she'd be like, Yeah, these new people, look at them, they're awesome, happy every day still. So I mean, that's a tough That's a tough thing to say to your wife when she gets home, is that you're not needed. But I think you know what I'm trying to say. All Right, I hear we're gonna open the floodgates to some comments. That always gets me in a great mood.
Speaker 4: I got some feedback here, you got feedback. We got feedback.
Speaker 1: All right? Who are we starting with?
Speaker 4: It's from the Michelle Wee episode.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: I'm a college English professor who teaches interview tactics, and I show students Daniel Tosh, this is an outstanding interview. Thank you, Daniel. Please keep being you and showing everyone how it's done. You are awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at that. I tell you what I want though, when she's send me an honorary degree or I send you a cease and desist letter for using my videos without my permission?
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 4: This one is from her YouTube comments? Okay, okay, came all the way from Spotify to tell you I hate this up episode.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for being a fan. And I listen to the show on two platforms. I think all of our listeners could learn from that person. You know, wherever you listen to your podcast, why don't you listen to it on all of them at once?
Speaker 4: Oh, if you sync it up, it would be amazing.
Speaker 1: I know it. I'll sync it up. Get a little crazy.
Speaker 4: Who's paying so much for you to show pro choice into every other sentence? It's ruining the show.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't even going to bring up abortion in this episode, and here you go.
Speaker 3: Now I have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: And if I'm going to be completely honest and transparent, I actually receive kickbacks from the abortion industry anytime someone from out of state comes to California, the Great state of California, and has a legal, safe abortion. What do we get paid, Eddie seventeen? We get seventeen dollars and fifty cents if you use the promo code toss show.
Speaker 4: Make sure you use that.
Speaker 1: It's so stupid.
Speaker 4: This next one hits somebody on the crew here. Uh oh, don't know of having the ghost question twenty five minutes into the conversation as Tosh messing with people or just another Dylan fuck up. Weeks of the letter, come on, Dylan.
Speaker 1: Does Dylan even still work here?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: That's a yep, oh man, Dylan, Dylan.
Speaker 1: Dylan's good for one fuck up per week, which isn't good for a show that's on once a week. You know what. Bothers me too, though, when people are like, uh oh, you don't ask the ghost question anymore, and then they're like, oh oh you did. It was just later you say it's the first question, but it's never the first question. I don't get comedy. Why do you listen? I don't get it. I don't get why some of these people listen to the show. You are so fucking dumb. Stop, we don't unsubscribe.
Speaker 4: Did he make the stupid border bigger just because you know people don't like it?
Speaker 1: The border is beautiful? End of discussion. Everyone knows it. It's a game changer in Hollywood, so sick of talking about the borders, you know, appreciates the sleek, minimalist set that we've created without all the chotchkeys. Today's guest enjoy. Pasha, my guest today, will come to your home and help you put away your clothes if you pay her. She is an organizer to the stars, which means she has worked with numerous assistants tasked with arranging shelves of ten thousand dollars handbags. Please welcome professional organizer Janelle.
Speaker 2: Hello, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here now. As you can tell probably from my set, I hate clutter.
Speaker 2: Yes, minimalism.
Speaker 1: Every podcaster or show interview show where they just have tons of nick knacks surrounding them and they say, oh, it makes it more interesting to look at and I just I just reply, oh, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yes. And also it's just like distracting.
Speaker 1: I feel like knowing that I was interviewing you today. I went into my wife's night stand. Okay, this is this is what was in right next to her bed. This is what was in her nightstand.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know what those are, Yeah.
Speaker 1: These are all these are nipple covers for when she was lactated. She hasn't breastfed, she hasn't needed these, and so on. We're not having more children. These are this is just right next to her. I'm like, why the fuck do you have one hundred nipple? By the way, they stink to high heavens. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, this is this is what I live with, so gross out?
Speaker 2: Why don't you just take them and throw away? Okay, where you brought them to show me?
Speaker 1: I brought them to show you to make fun of her, and now they'll we hit the trash. I normally don't go into her stuff because it enrages me. You grew up in.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles, I did the valleys.
Speaker 3: Are you messed up?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think I'm pretty well adjusted. But maybe if I moved somewhere else i'd be.
Speaker 3: Are your parents still together?
Speaker 2: They are? And my dad is born and raised in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Well it's pretty neat. Yeah, there's a bunch of normal La folks.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go to college? UCLA?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went really far. Oh wow, Yeah, I've really seen a lot of the country.
Speaker 3: To study musical theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that cost? Well? I will say, because I went to CLA and I'm an in state, it was not that bad. But if I had chosen any of the other schools I had applied.
Speaker 1: To, not that bad.
Speaker 3: What are we thinking? I've got a number we put?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't even remember. But I feel like I don't really have student loans.
Speaker 1: So how many productions were you in before you realize singing and dancing is an embarrassing way to move the story forward a few two minutes?
Speaker 3: Do you still get into it?
Speaker 2: Honestly? I never really I went to musicals growing up, and I was into it. My mom was very into musical theater still is. I never really was like a huge musical theater obsessive person. I always did it as a skill, like as a job, but since I was young, but I never really like went to the theater just for fun.
Speaker 3: Your favorite play? What's your favorite play?
Speaker 2: I really liked Come from Away? Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 1: I've seen nothing?
Speaker 3: You know the one I want to see?
Speaker 1: That propaganda one from China sometime?
Speaker 3: You ever seen Hnyan?
Speaker 2: Never? But I've always been so curious.
Speaker 1: In the I heard it's just propaganda, right, It's just Chinese propaganda.
Speaker 2: Couldn't tell you, but those posters really get you. They spend a lot on they set up.
Speaker 1: Phill Hanson, Santa Monica, that's where they put it on.
Speaker 2: They really go hard.
Speaker 1: How did you pivot to becoming a perf organizer?
Speaker 2: My mom has this amazing walking pantry, my mom and dad and you could have walked in it. Just a shit show, terrible awful. So for Mother's Day, I guess it was seven years ago. Now, six years ago, I readd her pantry and I took pictures before and after. I was like so proud of it. I put it on Facebook and people were like, you come do that for me? I always wanted to be an entrepreneur and start my own business. I just was kind of stuck in musical theater and didn't know what how to get out. And it very quickly turned into a profitable business, like overnight.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: So zero struggle, I mean zero struggle, no, but I mean huge learning curves and everything. But it definitely was something that just kind of fell into my lap. I said, okay, and I just went for it.
Speaker 3: Could you only take on rich clients actually.
Speaker 2: At the start?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But now now yeah.
Speaker 3: And what poor people have to.
Speaker 2: Do, just like, Oh, come on, poor people can be organized too.
Speaker 1: It's easier if you've got a larger place.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's definitely easier if you have a larger place and a lot more space. But also then you have more stuff.
Speaker 1: So at what age did you realize you might be a type A with OCD?
Speaker 2: I would say I always thought it was like more recent, like in the last five years, but then when the pandemic happened, I was looking at all my old childhood videos and I found a video of me folding and ironing at two years old, So I would say, oh, I've always been that way.
Speaker 3: By the way, is OCD? Do you hate when people throw that term around?
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because I did share that in an interview one time, that I had OCD and whatever, and people came for me online. But I actually am clinically OCD and take medication for it, so it doesn't bother me. I think I've used it as like my superpower.
Speaker 3: People have always accused me of being OCD.
Speaker 2: Do you have a head?
Speaker 1: Maybe I've never been diagnosed. I just feel like it's just something that fucking dirty people. My wife liked to say to me to try to hurt me.
Speaker 2: Even though it's like a beautiful thing to.
Speaker 1: Be clean and me right, No, no, it's their have taken a shot at me. Oh everything has to be so, And I'm like, just accept that you're gross.
Speaker 2: Well, it is interesting because I've met I have friends who have OCD who are not clean and share nothing in common with me whatsoever. So I'm just grateful that my OCD turned into something that could make me money down the line and make my life neat and clean. So I mean, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: You've always been organized.
Speaker 2: I mean I questioned some of my choices back in the day when I look at my room from growing up or whatnot. But I've always been very hyper focused on my surroundings like that has always very much mattered to me.
Speaker 3: Are you good at getting rid of stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I get rid of stuff before I should.
Speaker 3: Are you preaching minimalism or no.
Speaker 2: I'm preaching have what makes you happy?
Speaker 4: Ugh?
Speaker 1: I just want to get rid of shit all I mean.
Speaker 2: In my personal life literally everything is gone instantly. Actually, not that long ago, I did like a clean of the kitchen, threw away a six hundred dollars check that my fiance had just gotten that day and he was like, I didn't even have a chance to open the mail and you already had thrown it away.
Speaker 3: What is he getting checks in the mail?
Speaker 2: It was like from the government. It was like a the government turn or something, and he had to like go through getting it resubmitted and everything.
Speaker 1: It was this year, this year, your husband Beyonce soon to be husband. When are you getting married in June?
Speaker 3: That's neat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now are you planning everything? Are you a bridezilla?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a bridezilla. I would hope I have a planner who's doing most of it outside. Yeah, religious, I'm Jewish. So we'll stand under a rap and break the glass.
Speaker 1: That's kind of fun though, Yeah, that part it is. Then once it gets into a lot of routines, I'm like, all right, yeah, can we eat. What's the best way for someone who's a total disaster to try to get organized?
Speaker 2: Start small, Start with one small pain point, like a drunk drawer, because I think organizing is something that once you start, you see the benefit and you kind of get addicted to it. So if you start with one little thing and you can see, oh wow, I really did that then you're more likely to move on to other areas of your home.
Speaker 3: Do you think you could kick the ship out of marie condo?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I'm sorry, Marie.
Speaker 3: That's okay. I do you're Are you tall.
Speaker 2: Five to seven?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, that's not tall to you? No, I mean taller than the average?
Speaker 3: Five to five is the average?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the average?
Speaker 2: I guess five to five?
Speaker 3: Well do you How do you know it's taller than the average If you don't know what the average is?
Speaker 2: Than all my friends?
Speaker 1: Oh and that's what you like.
Speaker 2: It's hard to buy because I have long legs.
Speaker 1: What's your in seam?
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I just hold it up and I hope for the best.
Speaker 3: What is your straighten up? That's your system?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just my business name. I straightened up by Janelle.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between you and Marie?
Speaker 2: I think she's amazing. She like started the whole, you know, movement of organizing.
Speaker 1: The hard thing was like, if it brings you joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe in any of that. I don't believe no joy. Well, I think that like some people can't necessarily connect with joy, like they look at it and just like oh no, And so then they keep it and you're like ah, like, so you have to bring up other things like do you need it first? Like I have a bunch of like little rules that I bring up when I'm doing an edit with people to help them figure out if they want it, like it need it. Some people don't can't decide, like they're so paralyzed by decisions, and so I have all these ways to kind of pry it out of them. But when it comes to joy, I don't really agree. And I try to come in and make it really fun. So I'm like, let's put music on. Let's make it a party, Like I come in no judgment, Like.
Speaker 1: What kind of music? Do you go with?
Speaker 2: Whatever they want?
Speaker 3: Oh, you know.
Speaker 1: I like to when somebody comes into my house like the first time and they really know me, I like to just have in every room in the house it use the so nos I hit all and I just start playing Limp Biscuit ough and I just want to confuse the fuck out of them.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful And just like is he listening to Limp Biscuits?
Speaker 2: Should I do that? Every time I go to do an edit, turn.
Speaker 1: That on it's twenty twenty four. Do you think it's weird when you have to go into other people's closets.
Speaker 2: I'm so used to it now and I love it. I feel like I get to learn so much about people.
Speaker 3: Right, But they don't know that that's uncomfortable, isn't it.
Speaker 2: They're usually there with me. They're like, it's They're open to it, They're ready for it.
Speaker 3: Are you folding their underwear too?
Speaker 2: With gloves?
Speaker 1: Okay? I wouldn't want anyone near my underwear.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always ask, like we we set boundary if you if you ask, hey, what stores can I not open?
Speaker 1: If you said, hey, can I touch your Underwear'd go like this no, and you'd like, whoa jeez.
Speaker 2: Some people, like I walk in, They're like, Okay, you can't touch that. You can't touch that. And then other people are like, whatever you say. You tell me to jump off a cliff, I'm jumping off. Like it's very goes very different.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of your system just informing people. I go to the container store, I do it.
Speaker 2: I do it all. I bring it all the things my assistant shows up with like a car full of stuff to the brim.
Speaker 3: What about garages.
Speaker 2: Do you tackle garages, yes, but typically my assistant handles them. He's actually doing a garage today and tomorrow right now as we speak. Oh man, I like he's the king of garages.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like built ins in a garage.
Speaker 2: I designed them and put them in. Okay, yeah, yeah, with doors, I don't want to see the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, how many surfboards inner garage?
Speaker 1: Would you say? Is too many?
Speaker 2: If it doesn't fit on an organizer?
Speaker 1: No, it's organized.
Speaker 2: Oh so then however many as long as it fits it.
Speaker 1: Sign for some real talk transparent or opaque storage bins?
Speaker 2: I personally like opaque, uh huh. A lot of my clients prefer transparent so they can see what they have, But I like, I don't want to see any of it. Have you seen those new things where it's like a QR code and you put it on the bin in the garage and you just scan it and it'll tell you what's in that bin.
Speaker 1: I don't want that kind of show.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 3: I don't like that type of level of technology.
Speaker 2: Okay, too much, it's really awesome.
Speaker 1: You passed my wardrobe stylists all the way. Yes, she comes to my house. Once every three or four months and just goes through my closet and just grabs stuff and gets rid of it and goes, you can't you can't wear golden goose shoes anymore. You look like an old out of style. Person grabs them, they're gone, and I'm like, yeah, weren't they like eight hundred dollars And she'll take ten pair of them. They're gone.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, okay. I don't like it when when you guys stage closet's so per and there's only nine things.
Speaker 3: It's like nobody has nine things.
Speaker 1: That's not fair, and they're all the exact same color, like knock it off.
Speaker 2: I have not encountered that. Usually when I'm going into someone's house, there's like too many pairs of genes to deal with, and there's too many of stuff.
Speaker 1: Of course I'm talking about once you put your stamp of beauty on it and we see these shots.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because other professional organizers that I've seen online sometimes that is the thing. You know where you go and you're like, there's just like no freaking way that this is how people live. I feel like that my clients, it's realistic. I try to make sure people get rid of shit that they shouldn't be wearing or that they shouldn't have, but keep with what they should and what they do.
Speaker 1: Love. I spend a fortune having a drawer organizer person come in, okay and line every drawer in my house, every cabinet in my house, my class with leather lining and the dividers for everything. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's everything I want to come see. I oh, I'm sure you have photos.
Speaker 1: Let's see. It's not even this is I just snapped by, like just so that you can get the idea every drawer is.
Speaker 2: You know, that's is right, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: She just kept saying like, well, I could do the kitchen, or we could do the whole house, and I do the whole house.
Speaker 2: Just once you start, you can't stop.
Speaker 1: But the amount of money that that costs, Oh, I'm sure, what do you think that costs to have my drawers lined? Guys? Go ahead, people see on the other side of the curtain are people that live in the normal world in the entire house. Yeah, oh fuck you. She wouldn't take a shit in my house for twenty grand I bet you, I bet you. It was between sixteen and eighty thousand dollars for the house. I remember as a kid fantasizing about financial success, saying, if I could have an pair of socks every day, that would be heaven. Yes, if I never rewore a pair of socks, that was me as a child. That's when I knew I had a little bit. I wasn't the same as some of the other kids.
Speaker 2: That's that's true luxury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be I still do. I haven't achieved that level. It's too much of a headache. Although I do like those stance no shows.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm doing the Bombas ones.
Speaker 1: I like Bombas too, I don't. I used to love Lululemon, and now I stopped.
Speaker 2: I don't like them anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't like them anymore either. Hoarders. You ever actually worked with a real hoarder.
Speaker 2: When I first started, Yes, once, I had one experience with that. It was so overwhelming. Someone who's a hoarder doesn't need a professional organizer. They need a therapist, or they need someone who like specializes in that.
Speaker 1: They need a wood chipper.
Speaker 2: It was so anxiety inducing. I can't even explain it. And so immediately I was like, Okay, now I need people to send me photos of their house and their space before I go into it so I can vet it. So now I vet it, and if it feels like it's a project that is like quarter vibes, I'm like, I'm so sorry, but this is just not my specialty.
Speaker 1: Eddie.
Speaker 3: You know who my favorite woman in my life is?
Speaker 4: I would say your wife.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not my wife, your daughter, your housekeeper.
Speaker 3: It's my housekeeper, mine too.
Speaker 1: If any level of success that I got to, this is how I rewarded myself. Rufina come an extra day, that's come an extra day. And now my wife is like, we can't ever hear every day. I'm like, yes we can, but she doesn't my wife, so I have to not let her come every day.
Speaker 3: But I have her come and she knows that she's.
Speaker 1: The most important woman in my life because I'm like, this is the only reason that I worked hard was that I can have you to make sure everything is clean.
Speaker 2: The housekeeper all the time is the ultimate sign of luxury.
Speaker 1: I don't want a cook in my house.
Speaker 2: Just someone to keep it clean all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, there's door dashes. I can have food brought over, Yep, Here's why I don't want you in my house. Tell me because when anytime somebody comes over like like, they they tell me immediately what other clients they've worked with.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be added to that list.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: And I assume you've found some pretty weird things in celebrities homes all the things.
Speaker 2: But I've also signed a lot of nbas.
Speaker 1: Right, But you can talk in generality. Have you ever seen a brick of cocaine?
Speaker 2: No, actually I haven't.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I've seen cocaine, but not a brick.
Speaker 3: Sure you've seen drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh, all the drugs. Guns, tons of guns, tons of guns, loss of guns.
Speaker 1: I don't have a gun in mind, I do have guns. I have tons of guns in my house.
Speaker 2: I went to one house and there was a huge gun safe that was like double the size of me. It also had it was like custom organized the thing. It had like all these pockets. I was like, whoa, this is the next level sex dungeon. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: And I've ever seen a sex dungeon.
Speaker 2: I haven't. All the sex toys, toys, tons of toys. Do you want to know the weirdest things I see. I see baby teeth, Like people save their kids all the time, use pregnancy tad and pet ashes I have.
Speaker 1: I have a set of pet ashes.
Speaker 2: I see them literally a nice little wood box. Usually it's like the top of a closet, and they forget to tell me, so then it's like all of a sudden, I'm discovering like dog ashes.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, I don't, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not doing anything. Usually it's like a bathroom or a closet.
Speaker 1: I one time through uh, I was at a funeral when we were throwing somebody's mom away.
Speaker 3: You know, it doesn't turned ash. No teeth.
Speaker 1: They're like there's like there was like there's teeth. There's definitely some chunks. I'm pretty sure I saw some teeth. I'm pretty sure. All right, let's talk about fancy people, Okay, celebrities Blake Griffin, Karl Anthony Towns where they dream clients because of their height and ability to utilize vertical space.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is that they're like the hardest clients I've organized because their shoes don't fit on a standard shelf. Nothing fits on the shelf, though, But.
Speaker 3: Is that all they have? Too much of is just shoes everything?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I used to see Blake in my neighborhood a lot.
Speaker 1: He always made me laugh because one time he posted do you remember remember when there was that dress that was online that was like, which color was whiter?
Speaker 2: Gold, blue or whatever?
Speaker 1: And then he posted a photo of himself, but what color am I? And that just made me laugh forever. So like to know that you're self aware that like people like his color is a little different always made me love him.
Speaker 2: He has great taste? Does he very good taste?
Speaker 1: That's interesting?
Speaker 2: And he's very very organized.
Speaker 1: You wrote a book just about folding. That sounds like a page term. But by the way, do care what people dog here when reading it? What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: I never even considered it like a fold on a floor. I mean, I guess if they're using it, then it's fine.
Speaker 1: Encouraging people to buy a book, isn't that kind of cluttering? Or where are you out on books?
Speaker 2: I personally have a kindle, but I have a bunch of coffee table books. I wrote coffee table books.
Speaker 1: It's a coffe a poppy table book. Okay, well, now let's talk folding towels for instance, I like a roll.
Speaker 2: Oh sometimes I like a roll, Okay, I like I'm not. I think there's so many different ways to do it.
Speaker 1: I love Turkish tower. There can't be enough Turkish towels in a home.
Speaker 2: I say, I mean nice, fresh, clean, fluffy towels.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: The problem with Turkish towels, though, is that they're not really fluffy.
Speaker 2: They're like the thin one.
Speaker 1: They're almost like drying off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like those like the pool or whatever.
Speaker 1: But pack them by the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like rolled up in a little basket. I think that's cute, big basket.
Speaker 1: You can't let people know that you only like ten Turkish towels. You have to have fifty.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Do they all match?
Speaker 1: No, they're like they're all like different, like theme moroccany feely. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: They all vibe together.
Speaker 1: They vibe together. You guys like it? That's not no, I'm in my element. Got by the way. I used to know how to do that fold trick where like, oh, you grab two corners and like. But but that was like when I was a kid, and I thought it was neat. You don't old clothes like that.
Speaker 2: No, I file fold so it's like when you're looking into a drawer, it's like you're looking like you can look for your clothes, like you know, like papers in a foul cabinet.
Speaker 3: I do that with sweatshirts only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only sweatshirts, not everything.
Speaker 1: No, everything everything else, like to hang.
Speaker 2: Oh that's I mean, that's ideal. Yes, I mean if you could hang everything.
Speaker 3: I can do you fold your underwear Rufina does.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, But here's the thing with folding the underwear, Like you can't lay a bunch of underwear down and then fold them over and then it's like, oh, now I pick one up.
Speaker 2: They all oh no, no, no, I hold them into little pouches. No, you could like throw it. It's like a little underwear pouch, like if you.
Speaker 1: Had a little mini T shirt gun. Yes, you could have a party.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. When I first started dating my fiance, we had only been dating a few months, and I waited a few weeks and then I was like, I'm so sorry, I have to redo your rumor. I can't keep coming over. Its rived giving me anxiety. So I read it everything refolded, everything did his underwear and the little pouches whatever. A few weeks later was his birthday and we were about to do a show, and I was like, where did everybody go? And I walked into his bedroom and he was standing around his dresser with a bunch of like his thirty one year old friends, and they were all looking at the underwear and throwing it like this is so cool. I was like, this is how I know he's my guy. He appreciates me folding his underwear and pouches and is show.
Speaker 1: And telling it.
Speaker 3: And is he tidy?
Speaker 2: He very much appreciates organization very much. He notices everything I do. There's some things he does that make makes my skin girl, Like even last night, basically our chur thing is that he empties the dishwasher and I filled the dishwasher. And last night I happened to be in the kitchen while he was emptying the dishwasher, and my mind was like, how we have a one bedroom apartment, we have a very small kitchen. He probably put ninety nine percent of the stuff in the wrong spot, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's just that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: How how are you doing that wrong? Like I truly cannot comprehend, Like why are the mixing bowls with the pants? And then like tupperware is with the mixing bowl. I can't comprehend. And I just stood there and I was like, how, how does this make any sense? Like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I get upset when my wife unloads the dishwasher and she starts at the top. Everything has still some water residue, so now everything is splashing down on the stuff that's in there.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point. So start at the bottom and work your way up.
Speaker 3: Work your way up that way.
Speaker 1: I don't have to read dry everything, or of course she doesn't do that. She just puts away things that are wet.
Speaker 2: I honestly never really thought of this, but I'm definitely gonna double check that when I get home tonight and be like, watch how he's unloading up.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, the problem too is I've got a dump. I have little kids, so I have every version of sippy cups. Lord knows, they're getting diseases from these straws that I've never properly cleaned. I spent eight years building and rebuilding because of fire, burned it down halfway through mike e temporary home that I that I love. And when I started this process, and this is fifteen years ago, I was single and just happy. Then I'm married, children, more pets.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? What do you tell.
Speaker 1: People when one person is so organized and the other person is just a horrible.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is an age old problem. I feel like when I get brought in, people always call me also a marriage counselor, because usually the person bringing me in is the unorganized half of the couple. Oh, because they're like, I suck at this and my partner's gonna murder me. So I have to do something to try to make this better. So typically that's when I come in. I'm a gift to the other partner. Okay, but I usually tell people to try to stick to their own stuff.
Speaker 3: Here's the I have a son.
Speaker 2: That's hard. I don't have kids yet, so I know that when I have kids, it's just gonna I'm all, my opinions are gonna change and I'm gonna have to read things everything.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm you know, I'm one of these people like, oh, how do you keep your you know them from I have an indoor garden that has some rocks and a fountain, and they're like, how do you keep your kids from from messing with it? And it's like every time they go near it, I scream. I'm like, knock it off, and that's what they Yeah, no, because I have a tone that they know. Back the problem I have now though with my son. He's at an age where I and especially this new world of letting boys be boys or whatever they want to be, I'm trying to subtly without anyone noticing, shame him, uh with not needing to have so many stuffed animals lovese. Oh good, well, right, but you can't do that to a kid. You have to let a boy. You can't say, oh, boys don't need to have a thousand stuffed animals.
Speaker 2: Do any kids need to have a thousand?
Speaker 1: No? No, he doesn't have that. What I do is I just I just I throw them away. I just throw them away, constantly throwing them away. I just want him to get to an age where he's embarrassed that he has stuffed animals, and I know that's wrong. I shouldn't want that.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll be like you and he'll have a little OCD in him.
Speaker 1: I know, as my wife fears that I'm putting out because I get he doesn't like to get dirty sometimes when he plays and she goes that's because you're telling him he's dirty, right right right? I also I am trying to teach him to sit to pee.
Speaker 2: That's where I have no opinion.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you have no opinion? You're a woman, you're a woman. You want you want to sit on a dirty toilet that you want to come over to my house and all of a sudden, O.
Speaker 3: There's oh guess what.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but if you know that Mike, my boy's pee sitting, you're going to be like, here's where I give up with her? Is the shared space and a shared space area I put it. We put everything away. Rufine, and I but the refrigerator. What's your refrigerator? Look on the inside?
Speaker 2: If I do it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Is it right now? Who cares? Your Is it organized?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Completely?
Speaker 2: I mean there's labels on the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You have glass tupperware, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 2: A glass tup of work early?
Speaker 1: Sure you my refrigerator? Okay, this is the area that I just I lose.
Speaker 2: I put labels in my fridge, cheese, milk, like literally where everything should go. My fiance just shoves it all in there and then I have to pull it all out and redo it. Like every single day.
Speaker 1: This enrages me. What I'm looking at right now, But this is this is I just give up and I let her And it's not horrific, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's nonsense.
Speaker 1: There's no reason for stuff, and I just have to because there's I'm so out.
Speaker 2: No lazy Susan in there, though. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: That's a hot sauce, lazy susan.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you know this, I.
Speaker 2: Really caught my eye.
Speaker 1: I call my my wife. She has a nickname, we have a name. I call her bitch. I just realized that I can't always say that in public because.
Speaker 2: People don't They don't know that it's out of love.
Speaker 1: Well, and in our house, bitch is gender neutral, got it, she calls me bitch. Bitch. Yeah, anyway, she gets me. I don't know fucking what hot a lazy susan full of the fifty best hot sauces that every man needs.
Speaker 2: Do you like hot sauce? I guess you're not passionate about hot sauce?
Speaker 1: Do you want to know how long I don't like people to come over?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Do you know how long it's going to take me to go through fifty bottles of hot and know which one is right for this fish taco.
Speaker 2: It's just stup burden.
Speaker 3: Her gift is just stupid, Janelle, Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: I have no opinions about ghost strong opinions about aliens?
Speaker 3: Oh, interesting, wild card?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Where are you at on aliens?
Speaker 2: They're here?
Speaker 1: They're here already, I think they're here. Oh that's cool. Yeah, No, I haven't even thought. I even thought to discuss the topic of aliens.
Speaker 2: There's a million documentary right now. I've seen them all.
Speaker 3: You like sci fi?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hate it?
Speaker 2: Hate sci fi?
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate it.
Speaker 2: Too, like real documentaries about real aliens and like, right, but.
Speaker 1: There there's not real aliens yet. You don't know that, well I do, But so it's just sci fi?
Speaker 2: Right, I guess all right?
Speaker 1: I give everyone a gift on the show, and it's just something from my house.
Speaker 2: Great, so your clutter becomes my clutter.
Speaker 1: That's literally what I've done. And I've I mean I've done it. I've enjoyed it and sometimes it's genuine, like I put thought into it. Are you excited for it? For what garbage I'm going to give you?
Speaker 2: We're going to see how long it lasts in my house.
Speaker 1: But it's going to leave here, Yes, in your in your car.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm prepared. I was mentally prepared. You were, I was. They prepared me for it. They're he's going to give you something, you're gonna haver. But it's not at least it's not this very orrateful. It's not those No.
Speaker 1: No, here's what you're getting because I don't it. It's this chair. Now, let me tell you about this chair. This is was my office chair on Tosh point zero for fourteen years. A lot of people think it's uncomfortable. It's not. It's got springs. I think it's we I looked it up yesterday. What does it cost eight this chair?
Speaker 3: It's not a piece of shit? But guess what.
Speaker 1: My web's like, what are you doing at the Jago can get rid of it? I'm like, we don't have a place for it. Why do I just have a chair in my house? So then I bring it here and he's freaking out about it. John, He's like, why do we have an extra chair in you? We don't have enough room as it is. I'm like, I'm gonna give it away to the right person.
Speaker 2: Does that mean yeah?
Speaker 1: Because it's it's sleek and modern.
Speaker 2: It is it is actually very much my style.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to find a place where You're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Find a place for this in my one misroom apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's gonna be nice.
Speaker 2: My cat's gonna like it.
Speaker 1: Nope, your cat won't be able to do anything to this thing.
Speaker 2: I know. That's why that's great nice.
Speaker 1: This chair is now out of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that digital clutter? Or do you tell people to get do stuff with that or no?
Speaker 2: Yes, I get asked it all the time, and to be honest, I feel like I haven't nailed it myself. So it's it's just hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like if I showed you that I have three eight and seventy three emails unopened.
Speaker 2: I might have more. I'm the worst. I'm the worst. That's the one thing I'm I can. I have my shit together, but when it comes to responding and emails, and I'm the worst.
Speaker 3: I don't reply. Do you reply to everybody?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I've read it in my head.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you've replied, I've replied, yes, I always do the thing where I read it and then I go back and then I unread it so that I'll remember to respond.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: So now I just have like I have ten on read messages at all times.
Speaker 1: You have your read receipts on. No, and then embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Never Pete does it ooh props, I could.
Speaker 3: Never Who about flashlight?
Speaker 1: You ever have your flashlight accidentally on?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That to me is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, I would never.
Speaker 1: Like that's like, that's like having something in between your teeth at this point, you're walking around with the flashlight on. No, God damn it. What's your favorite HGTV show?
Speaker 2: My favorite HG you know for your house Hunters?
Speaker 1: Well, you're traditional, it's good, it's bullshit. The show's fun. They shoot it out of order.
Speaker 2: They never get along the couple on the same page.
Speaker 1: I'm giving like, behind the scenes, they've already bought the home and then they shoot the episode and you go look at two other homes.
Speaker 3: Yes, what about Chip and Joanna?
Speaker 1: You like them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used to watch her show all the time. I like all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but but about her sticking a fucking clock on every wall?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not my stop personal taste. So I think that what they do is awesome, just not my style.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody had to fix up Waco.
Speaker 1: That's where they're from, right, Yeah, they're a bunch of Waco right wingers. What would be your show, let's figure it out.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be kind of like what I do on a daily basis this kind.
Speaker 1: Of take all any celebrities.
Speaker 2: No, I think maybe I feel like regular everybody people.
Speaker 1: Those people are so boring to watch.
Speaker 2: You know who. Like my specialty is as I do a lot of like YouTubers and TikTokers and like young people who like come into a lot of money and.
Speaker 1: They're fast, and they just buy those MC mansions.
Speaker 2: Huge mc mansions and they're like, what the heck do I do? And then they fill it with a bunch of really random stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what I And they don't even drapes yet.
Speaker 2: That is literally exactly what I do. What I did yesterday literally And I like to like come in and be like, Okay, this is what you need to have a functional house. These are the things that are you know. So I would do something kind of like that mixed with the organizing and what.
Speaker 1: About people that go tiny? What do you think of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do it. They probably have a storage.
Speaker 3: Do you like that though?
Speaker 1: Do you like those tiny houses? Now? You ever been in one?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 2: I have where my exes family was like into them for a while, and so they were like going to build some So I.
Speaker 1: Saw like some were they just doing it for like to sell or like to live? I don't they're a flipping tiny house. Yeah, your ex's parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I wasn't talking about that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. Do you think do you think you need somebody to bounce you out? Or do you think two people in the same world would be a bad thing?
Speaker 2: I think that if he did it, if he didn't like appreciate my crazy and value it and let me just run with it and like do it, it wouldn't work. But I think if he was equally as opinionated, that would be terrible. I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: Is he fine if you're the bread winner?
Speaker 2: Yes, but he's very smart.
Speaker 1: Is he motivated? Oh yeah, that's annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it's great because since we've been together, I feel like I've been able to take my career to the next level purely because like we can we love to like brainstorm.
Speaker 3: Are you guys competitive?
Speaker 2: No, No, just more like we love to brainstorm together.
Speaker 1: You guys get in fights. No, I don't get fights either. You know.
Speaker 3: People say say marriage is work.
Speaker 2: It's not right. No, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I don't work at all. I don't do anything like I mean, I yell at her sometimes and she yells at me, but like there's no work. Yeah, no, I just get divorced. What should we all do immediately today to make our lives a little more organized?
Speaker 2: Get rid of something, Get rid of something you've been holding on that you don't need.
Speaker 1: It's easy. I'm getting rid of this sweater. This interview is done.
Speaker 2: There you go one thing, Like you open up your cabinet to grab a mug and there's like one that's chipped or you hate it or you never use it. It's terrible size. Just like, get rid of it.
Speaker 1: I have a chipped plate and you just keep it. I put it on the bottom stack and we never get to it.
Speaker 2: So just get rid of it. I know, But I like, you're going to serve someone with the chipped plate.
Speaker 1: No, but I liked the height of the plates.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you just replace it?
Speaker 1: Do I want to just get.
Speaker 2: Rid of it. It's going to be okay, You're going to survive.
Speaker 3: It's heath ceramics.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. Yeah you can't. That's maybe a little different. Maybe you need to like touch it.
Speaker 1: Up or something it. Janelle, thank you for being on the show. And if I ever have some more old furniture, I'm gonna send it your way.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, pshaw, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to thank Janelle for being on the show. I want to congratulate her on her upcoming nuptials. I really hope, I hope this one sticks. Carl. I think, Perjanelle's request, I'm gonna get rid of a few of your chew toys. What do you think about that? Huh high five? All right, that's a no to that. We're keeping all of your chew toys. I think we have time for our favorite segment, Hello from Toss Show. That's where I say hello to one of our subscribers. First one is to the Petty family. I hear the mom forces the kids to watch every week because she wants them to have a good sense of humor. I just hope they're age appropriate. Fifteen. I think that's a good starting age for this podcast, right, Yeah, maybe maybe thirteen if they're super mature, if they've got a good body. Sure that doesn't seem right. Who else Tarka, Oh hello to Tarika. She's pregnant. She still goes to work. Wow. Yeah, hasn't told her company yet. She just keeps just pretending that she's got some allergic reactions to things. She just you know, you ever see those sitcoms where they like a star gets pregnant, but they don't want to put it in so they just kind of like always have a box in front of them. Apparently that's what Tarica is doing at work, just hiding her pregnancy to the very last minute. Good luck with that. We got some plugs boyswarpink dot Com, the cutest toddler clothing line? What else? My tour dates, come see me, come say hi to me and Carl? What else? We got? The Goat coming out May night. That's gonna be exciting. I think I'm gonna crash a few viewing parties. I'm sure they're gonna be popping up all over the so Cal area. I just come in like Hey guys, just checking out your Goat viewing party. I just wanted to just want to say hi to Goat Nation. Oh yeah, all right, here's one of my kids bedtime stories.
Speaker 3: See you next week, once.
Speaker 1: Upon a time.
Speaker 5: Hey, come Monday summons. You want to see something crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can I brew my b Yeah you can't the end?
Speaker 1: Are you just retelling tonight when you saw when I told you to come in the hallway and look at the spider.
Speaker 5: Yeah,