Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, Hi. Who is this.
Speaker 2: My name is Gina.
Speaker 1: How are you Gina.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be talking to you right now.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to be talking to you too, Gina. What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: I wanted to tell my story about how me and my husband got married and got together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure, how did it happen?
Speaker 2: Well, so we had a mutual friend and I saw our mutual friend post him post my now husband on Instagram and I was like, oh, he's kind of cute. Whatever, I was dating somebody else whatever, And then.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a if, that's if that's a whatever. So you were dating somebody else at the time. Yeah, I was okay, continue, I save my questions for the end.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. And by the way, we lived in Hawaiian and Hawaii's very like if you live there, you live there forever. Basically, it's like a yeah. But I saw this guy that I had a mutual friend with just pop up and move to Germany, and I was like, how does one do that? I am super interested in how this person just moved to Germany because I wanted to travel, right, And yeah, I ended up dming him like, I want to do what you're doing. And then we just never stopped talking. And then so that was November twenty twenty that I first messaged him, and then by January twenty twenty one, we got married by proxy with a proxy marriage.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so the story so far. Your friend posts a picture of a of a German guy or a guy who moved to Germany.
Speaker 2: A guy who moved to Germany.
Speaker 1: Okay, an American guy.
Speaker 2: He's originally from Arizona, but he was in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: So you you just m this guy, this mutual friend of yours, and you were like, hey man, you moved to Germany. Looks cool. How'd you do that? And then you guys started talking. Yeah okay, and then you never stopped talking. And then wait, so two months later you got married by what is married by proxy? Mean?
Speaker 2: So basically two people stood in for us at our to find our marriage document.
Speaker 1: You had two people get married for you.
Speaker 4: Basically, yeah, you did.
Speaker 1: Like an avante.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, like it says on our marriage certificate, the people that find it for and then our names instead of like our signatures.
Speaker 1: How do you find people to get married for you? Is that like a job or their professional brides and groomed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Montana. If anybody happened to be interested in this, it's a you can look up proxy marriage. I think it's called I can't remember the name. It's like big Sky, Blue Sky or something in Montana.
Speaker 1: Yea mm hm, and they do it all right, So proxy marriage. So you lived in you were living in Hawaii, he was living in Germany, and you got married. But wait, so did you get married before you guys even? Did you get married before you even met Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, before in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you married a guy before you even met him in person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, that must have been some picture your friend posted.
Speaker 2: I guess so he was like skateboarding. Wow, but yeah, I uh, I married him without meeting him. We were like just talking over FaceTime mostly, and yeah, I think we decided on getting married, like we were like, okay, we're gonna get married so that we can be together. We decided I think early December and by January, which is funny. January sixth, twenty twenty one is the day that we got married. Like it was official. We got sent like the congratulations everything and then yeah, and then I went to go visit my family they lived in a different state, and then in March I think March third, twenty twenty one, I was in Germany living with him.
Speaker 1: Now, how did your the person you were currently dating respond when you told him that you were going to get married to a man in Germany that you never met?
Speaker 2: I ended up? We ended up breaking up I think very early on when I first started talking to my my now husband. My now husband's name is Cody. By the way, shout out to Cody, he's.
Speaker 1: Watching Okay, So, uh yeah, how long were you? How long were you with How long were you with the person you were dating at the time.
Speaker 2: For I think almost two years a year and a half I think the two years somewhere in between that almost two years.
Speaker 1: So I mean, listen, like I want to get there's so much to get into here. What was it? I mean, you were dating this guy for what a year and a half? Two years? You had like a pretty established rapport with this guy you were dating. What what made you ditch him for the man?
Speaker 2: Well, so when COVID first hits, maybe yeah, and COVID first hit, my then boyfriend got fired from his job and I that same day he got fired, I got hired at a new job, so I was making a lot more money. So I was like, Okay, I can support you through your journey. I'm like trying to figure out what you want to do. And in that time, he kind of went down this like conspiracy theory, like like wormhole and became super like political. He became a Trump supporter and got really into it and was just always trying to fight me about like women's issues and like just the you know, the world. And I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, to be honest. I was trying to you know, maybe he's just in a phase. But he just increasingly got more and more crazy, not just like politically, but like in our relationship, and I was trying. But yeah, that one, the day that we broke up is because he thought that I was cheating on him with but not in the way that I was, but in the way that he thought I was going to someone's house but I wasn't. I was at work.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you were so you were so you were like you were talking to another guy while you were talking to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while I was still dating him, only for like a week or so. And then in that second week. I think we broke up now.
Speaker 1: This X did he ever like he never like hurt you or anything? Did he?
Speaker 2: No, No, he was just kind of something wasn't right up there, I think personally. And he's just a little crazy.
Speaker 1: And when you throughout the time that you knew him, like before he had lost his job and gone down this conspiracy rabbit hole, did he show any signs of anything that might have kind of like, no, uh, you know, given up given hints that he was a little a little crazy.
Speaker 2: No, he was. We were actually really good. We were really good. We worked the same job. I met him because he was my boss, and then uh yeah, I ended up getting a better job than him, and he really didn't like that. So that kind of started it, I think. But other than that, No, we were good and then that happened.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's no better way to piss off a Patriot than to uh break up with him in eloped Germany.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know we're happy now, like me and Cody are doing super good. I think we're planning on moving to La So yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now you and Tody h your face timing with him and you got married by Okay, so you were in Hawaii, he was in Germany. And then where did the proxy marriage take place?
Speaker 2: That was in Montana?
Speaker 1: Why? Montana?
Speaker 2: That's just where the place was that that does it.
Speaker 1: That's the place with the most amount of people that you can convince that's the place where the unemployment rate is high enough that people can get jobs marrying each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just that peaceful.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't say anything about the unemployment rate of Montana. It's probably I don't know. I don't know anything about the world. Okay, why did you marry this guy without meeting him? I feel like we haven't really dived into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Honestly, at the time, we were just so similar and we were just getting along, you know what I mean, and we wanted to be together and like at least see each other, you know, But the best way for us to be seeing each other was for us to get married. Really because of COVID and everything.
Speaker 1: Well, how did you come to that conclusion?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how we were.
Speaker 1: C because you know, the best way for you guys to meet, because you know, look, you don't have to get married to visit Germany.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was COVID, like they weren't Oh so you did. Yeah, so, yeah, they weren't letting they weren't letting people in during COVID. I think they weren't letting us like please or letting people in. So we were like, you know what, let's just get married and just try it out and if it doesn't work, then, you know, divorce.
Speaker 1: Fascinating Okay, so so so so you couldn't go to Germany because of COVID, but if you married a German guy, then the rules said that you could. No.
Speaker 2: So he lives in the military, so he he got stationed in Germany, which is what happened. But because so if we're married, then then if then if we're married, then I can go be with my husband.
Speaker 1: Really okay, it was how long ago? How long have you guys been married for?
Speaker 2: Now? Two years?
Speaker 1: All right, so we beat out.
Speaker 2: We got married January six. Yeah, I mean the first year is the hardest.
Speaker 1: They say, so okay, and was that true? Was the first year hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We went through some stuff, but I think mostly we're a pretty healthy relationship. I mean, we we're good at communicating, which is like the key I think to marriage. Is communication, and you know, we like each other very much. So yeah, I think I think the first year was the hardest, but I think we're doing pretty good now.
Speaker 1: When you first met him, did he like, did he live up to the expectations of that first juicy picture that your Rachel friend posted?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure. When I first hugged him, he was a lot skinnier than I thought he would be. But he's bulked up now he's pretty bluff now.
Speaker 1: So well that's good. Okay. So you live in Germany now?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, well, right now I'm in Maryland because I'm visiting family and he's still in Germany. And then he's gonna leave Germany and we're gonna he's gonna meet my parents. He hasn't met my parents yet or anything, so he's gonna come here after he's done in Germany.
Speaker 1: How did your parents respond to this story? I'm curious what they thought.
Speaker 2: My mom was like okay, and then my dad was actually very excited. He was like, wooho, congratulations. I don't know that we all kind of all, me and my siblings all thought that it was kind of weird that he was like so happy for me, But you know whatever, My Dad's not the type.
Speaker 1: He's not that type. What do you what do you mean by that type?
Speaker 2: He's not like the type to be like wooo, that's what he said when I told him. I called him and I was like, Dad, I got married. He said it, He said, woo hoo.
Speaker 1: So four So you so you got married when you're about twenty two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to turn twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, how old.
Speaker 2: See he's twenty nine now he's about to be thirty.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you tell me about this job? Do you do you still? It's just like a remote gig, Like how'd you keep this job while you were in Germany?
Speaker 2: No, I became a housewife for two years, which was good and bad. I think good like I got to rest because I was like working my asshole in Hawaii to trying to live. And then that in the sense like I I want to go back to work. So when we go to la and want to go back to work, I'm actually going to work while I'm here in Maryland. But you know, so you two years, God, so.
Speaker 1: You got because I remember you said you got a better job than your ex boyfriend. And that was kind of the catalyst to the end of your relationship and then you started. Yeah, and then you moved to Germany like two months later. So this better job that you had, you must have only had it for like a few months, right, No, so I got.
Speaker 2: The I was. I became a bank teller in February twenty twenty, and that's when my ex got fired. We were working at a John bajoos He got fired out of John Bajooze and then he that's when he became He was unemployed until I think about November, so about the time that we broke up. That was supporting him the whole time. I almost made a year because I left. I left Hawaii in February, but I didn't quite make a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you were a housewife. So the deal. So the deal was, okay, let's get married, I'm going to move to Germany and you're going to financially support me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, But that wasn't the plan initially, I think for me especially, I was like planning on working that first year. I kind of took to like, you know, work by myself, I think a little bit more and travel, which was like the main thing. We wanted to be able to travel all around Europe and stuff. So I didn't want my job to get in the way of that when I didn't really need to work, I think. And then the second year, we were just trying to we were trying to start a family and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yes, have kids.
Speaker 2: So it didn't work. Uh yeah, but it didn't. It didn't work out A little bit didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that part of the future plan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of. So Cody has a daughter already, there's another crazy story. But so I'm happy being step mom if I don't end up being able to have like my own biological kids, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah? How old is the kid?
Speaker 2: She is three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how is it being a step mom?
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't because we've been in Germany, I haven't mattered yet. So when we get to the States, we move officially to the States, then I get to really, you know, play into my role as stepmom. I'm super excited, super excited.
Speaker 1: So you you So you guys have been living in Germany the past two years, right, and where has the where has the daughter.
Speaker 2: Been with her mom? I think in on the East coast? Okay, I mean, yeah, on the East coast. I don't think right.
Speaker 1: Now on the East coast. So if you guys moved to Los Angeles, is the daughter gonna Are they going to trade custody? How's that going to work?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna figure it out. We're gonna figure it out. We're just so hard because of being because we were in Germany. It's been so hard to like really figure it all out. But this year, specifically this year, once we get out of Germany officially, I think everything's gonna come together. I'm not really too worried about it.
Speaker 1: Is being a mom something you've always wanted?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: M hm uh. So you you say that you were a housewife for two years? What I mean, how was that for you? Did you like did you like cooking? Did you like like what did you what did you kind of do?
Speaker 2: I did a lot of internal healing. I think it was super necessary for me. A lot of like inner child healing, a lot of meditation, journaling, therapy. I did go to school for a while and then yeah, but I'm not like the academic type. I was getting my associates, my like liberal arts associates degree. M but I'm not I'm not that type.
Speaker 1: So how okay? So you were doing a lot of journaling and meditating and kind of hanging out and uh you and Cody was was supporting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. About he's in the military right.
Speaker 1: A bunch of times? How does he like being in the army?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, so before you're answered that, when you guys go back to l A, is he still in the military.
Speaker 2: No, he's getting out.
Speaker 1: What's he going to do now?
Speaker 2: He's just going to join the l A p D. I think. Okay, because they're hiring, they're going to hire him.
Speaker 1: Is that is that a thing to a lot of former former military become police officers? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think because the the number of police officers needed has gotten up significantly, so I think they they want to recruit people who have prior experience I think in that kind of area. But really it's just because they're hiring him, I think, is why he's going for it?
Speaker 1: And what are you planning on doing when when when we go back to l A.
Speaker 2: Well, because I want to work. I'm trying to get hired at this Starbucks over here just for the time while I'm over here, and then I'm probably just gonna end up doing Starbucks in LA and then working from there to like find, you know, the career I want, you know what I mean. I think there's more opportunity in LA to do that, to be able to find a career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to. I wanted to know what is your Do you have dreams for the future or things that you hope for?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, my my husband's listening, but he's listening to this probably, and I wasn't going to tell him, but I'm I think I'm interested in getting into coding and getting into web development. So I've been doing a lot of courses and stuff and I'm planning on going to a boot camp. I think once I kind of get the basics down and I think that's what I want to do. I've been trying it out for since I've been in the States, and I actually really like it. I wasn't going to tell him. I wanted to surprise him. But I guess this is a good surprise for him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that, a coding boot camp. Okay, do you guys know what? Do you guys know anybody in La?
Speaker 3: I think he has a.
Speaker 2: Friend in La. I mean me and then I have a friend that lives pretty close to La. But not in La. Her name is Damielle.
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel like you've got a good, uh like community around you? You know? M.
Speaker 2: Yeah, My my family's pretty supportive of anything I do. And then Cody's been my main support in anything. So I do rely on him a lot for like that kind of support. But my my family has been very My family loved Cody without even like meeting him. M. So, okay, they're pretty supportive.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're married for two years in Germany. We're going back to Los Angeles. Cody's gonna become a cop. You're gonna work Starbucks. We're gonna hang out with Danielle. We're gonna go take some coding classes. We're gonna journal, we're gonna meditate, We're gonna try to be a step mom of some kind. This sounds very personal, So if you don't want to talk about it or answer, we can totally skip it and move on. But are are you kind of are are You're you're hoping to eventually have a child of your own?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure yet because so we we did have a child, but she she passed away. Oh I'm really so, I'm not sure. Well, it's Okay, I'm okay. That was in May in twenty twenty two, so pretty kind of recent. But it's okay. I'm not sure exactly, like where where I feel about trying again, you know what I mean? I go back and forth a lot. I don't know. We're also thinking about adopting. I think we're gonna actually adopt for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know you should have. You should have hit up the two the proxy marriage people and see if they'll fucking have a kid for you.
Speaker 2: You know what, probably there's kids everywhere that need to be adopted.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're thinking about adopting. I like that. That sounds that sounds nice. It sounds like being a mother is something you've you've really wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'd be a pretty good mother. I've been staying with my brother and his wife and then they have a one year old niece, and just like, being an auntie in itself is so fulfilling, and especially after loss too, I can see that I can appreciate being an auntie. I can I can appreciate the roles that I have as like wife, auntie, sister, you know, mom to a child that's not here anymore. You know what I mean that I can appreciate the those titles a lot more now, I think because I get to hang out with my niece.
Speaker 1: Also, a niece is good because you can hang out with them and then when you don't want to anymore, you send them away.
Speaker 2: I can just do it. I can say bye bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See if you do that with like your actual kid, apparently you're an asshole, right.
Speaker 2: I can't just like leave them in the room upstairs by themselves.
Speaker 1: So you can do that. You just can't leave them like on a dirt road or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I want to do that to make me see there, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. Well, listen, I think before we go, I just have one other Are you Are you happy? Are you feeling excited about life and about where where life has taken you so far and where it plans to take you in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I think especially after starting learning to code, has been really exciting because I'm I'm excited to see if I can actually get a career in it. And then yeah, just it's just a new it's a new year. That's how I'm feeling about it. It's it's a lot more optimistic than I've been for the last like six seven months.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, Gina, thanks for thanks for sharing your stories. This was this is fascinating, very fascinating, obviously non traditional. I think you know that. Yeah, but it's good that it that it worked out for you, because i mean, look, life is so fucking crazy complicated, and sometimes you make wild decisions to get married to a guy that you've you know, haven't even met. But then I mean, fuck, you know, sometimes there's those decisions lead you to a place where you're feeling good about life. And that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of why is why I'm married him? Too, was because like my whole thing was like why not? Why not? Like what's like the worst that could happen is you could be a murderer the many times before we met if he was a murderer, but he he's not. And but then also.
Speaker 1: You did you did, you did your research?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like why would he like pay first all this stuff like for me to be able to go be with him and everything if he was like a murderer, Like what kind of mo is that? But then also it's like.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be a very good r O.
Speaker 2: I right, So I was like, why not, Like, let's take a chance on love.
Speaker 1: Well, Gina, thank you for sharing all this stuff. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: If you're scared to do something, I think like, why not? Why not try? You know, and love, love your kids, love your family, and shout out to Cody. I love you, dude, and yet we love your We love your show. We listened to it on broad.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah, I'm honored to be I feel like I'm part of the family.
Speaker 2: You are. You definitely are.
Speaker 1: I'm like your pet gecko for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love you, We love you.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you, Gina. You guys have a good name.
Speaker 2: Yep, you two buye.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. I feel like I've talked to a lot of callers like that who have like made these wild jumps, and I don't know, I'm always back. Look because here's what I'm gonna be honest. When she told me that she married this guy in a different country that she had never met before after two months, yeah, of course I thought that was insane, of course. But here's the thing is, people have told me a lot of this stuff, especially with stuff with like relationships and whatnot. You know of wild decisions of life, free arrangements and whatnot that seem crazy, But I don't know. I think the bottom line is whether or not you're happy as a person being alive in the universe. Are you content? Are you not in constant fucking dread or unhappiness or whatever? Like I mean, these are These are bottom line things. And I don't know if I if I ask someone if they're feeling happy and good about their life and they say that they are, then I don't know how how crazy their decision really was. Right, A lot of life's complex that way. There are no I'm not gonna say there's no bad decisions. There's plenty of bad decisions. There's lots and lots an infinite number of bad decisions, but they could all lead you to an infinite number of places. Very trippy. Thanks for calling, gen.
Speaker 5: Know, Hello, Hi there, Oh hey hey Lyle.
Speaker 2: How's it going? Man?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, how's it going?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: I'm alive for I'm gonna be dead for most of all of the time, and I'm in the tiny little window where I'm not dead, And that's awesome. I think that's so cool, Like I'm gonna be dead for millions. I'm gonna be dead for infinity amount of time, and I was dead for the amount of time before that. And I'm like in the microscopic window where I get to breathe and eat nutter butter bites and drink water. So I'm actually really stoked about that. How are you doing.
Speaker 5: When you when you put things like that, I'm a lot better than I'm a lot better than normal, you know. But now that I'm thinking about him, I'm really happy to be here right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Well, is there anything else you wanted to talk about? Or did we kind of did we kind of do it?
Speaker 5: I think we did it. Man, It's been an honor talking to you, and I.
Speaker 1: Love you, Jake. It says here that you told your wife that she can have your skull when you die, and that she was thrown off by that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically, Uh, I don't know how do I start this. She has like a memorial shadow box for a dog she used to have that has, you know, like skeletal remains in it. And then I told her I want to do it with the dog we have now, like we want I want his skull, and uh, she wasn't jazzed up about that, which brought up the skeleton in my closet, which is that when I die, I wanted to give my skull to her. So there seems to be a disconnection in my understanding of her. I don't know. Love for the oddities, I guess.
Speaker 1: All right, I have several questions. Yes, Well, first of all, it says here that you're twenty six years old, and so is she. That's right, So I mean, when do you think you're going to die?
Speaker 5: I don't have any reason. I think it's going to be soon. Maybe when I'm like one hundred is the goal?
Speaker 1: You think around me, you're going Do you think that you and your wife are going to live to one hundred years old and be married?
Speaker 5: That's a good goal, Yes, for sure. I mean I hope, So.
Speaker 1: It's good to have hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah. So I don't know. I mean, it's not that we're planning for dying soon or anything, but it just kind of came up. I don't know's I got like a weird I have a weird thing with like an affinity for skulls. So I just look at as like a very like personal deep gesture and it's kind of how I want to go, and she didn't like it, and I don't know. Part of me feels like I have a right to be put on my own mantle even after I'm gone.
Speaker 1: Never tell anyone that you will give them something when you die, because it makes them want to kill you so they can get it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like a ploy.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to your wife, sorry if she is Hello, Hi, Tiffany, Hi, what is the plan for what? Uh? Why were you thrown off that your husband offered to give you his skull? Well?
Speaker 3: I think having his skull after he dies is scary and creepy and I wouldn't be able to, you know, live waking up and seeing like his skull somewhere, and like knowing that his face used to be there, but it's not there anymore. It's just his skull.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's gnarly is you wake up and see his skull every day?
Speaker 3: I do, But it's you know, he has his eyes and his teeth and his mom and like all the card lists and everything there, and it's you know, it's different.
Speaker 1: Okay, So apparently you like so, I mean, look, the thing behind all of this is that you keep bags of dog bones, and so your husband was like, all right, this she's in. She's into dead bone stuff because she had she hangs out with dead dogs all the time, so maybe she'd want to hang out with dead me. So apparently, and apparently he felt as though that was within your character and that's throwing him off. What's your response to that?
Speaker 3: So, yes, I have there you know I had a dog before or yeah, so I have his romains. But there was this one time we were talking and and uh my husband said that he would take our dog now our chief head, and I said no. I was like, no, why wouldn't we do that? I wouldn't want to see Archie's head like mounted on our wall. So then he said, well, I want to give you my skull, and I was like, well, same thing. Why would I want to have your skull mounted on my wall?
Speaker 4: That's it's freaky.
Speaker 3: I don't I can't do that.
Speaker 1: M M. So okay, so then how are you Why is it that you can't do that but you have you already have a dead dog thing.
Speaker 3: Well, because the the dog is cremated, I don't see like his skull.
Speaker 1: Ah no, wait, wait are you hold on? Jake? If what she's telling me is true, I don't know where the I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, because a cremated dog.
Speaker 5: No, it's not true, it's not true at all. She's now she's hiding the truth. She had like she has its teeth in there and it's for uh think she even had some tonail timing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, that's not the same.
Speaker 1: That's not the same at all. Jake, that's like saying the Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake. That's like if you got your grandmother cremated and had like an urn with her ashes, and you thought the person that kept that was into oddities.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on. First of all, you are an addies.
Speaker 1: Having an earn of your grandmother's ashes does not make you into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the loud, here's the here's the thing. Do you like would you keep the dentures with it? I mean she her dogs, her dog's teeth are in there for trying out loud and the fur.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking inside of this thing?
Speaker 5: It's no, no, no, no, The cremation is in the box.
Speaker 3: So I have Yeah, I have two separate like components to memory, like memorialize my dog. One is the actual box that has his cremated cremated remains, and then the other box is a shadow box that has like pictures of him. It has a piece of his collar, and it does have two little jars. One one jar has spur in it and the other jar has a tooth of his no, no toenails.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how about instead of a skull, you take like some clippings of a T shirt and some of his pubes and put it in a little dixie cup and that can be the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could. I could do that, some some hair and some beard hair shirt.
Speaker 2: But not his skull.
Speaker 1: Okay, have we found a good compromise, John, Jake?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yes, you know what? Yeah, I can. I can sell on that.
Speaker 2: Uh. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's good, maybe like a cut of his hair, but I think that I wouldn't not the pubes.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: So you guys think you're gonna be married for seventy four years? Oh? Yeah, okay, Well I I I hope so too.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What if, now, Tiffany, what if you die first? Does Jake get to keep your leg? What does he get?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, he can take my arm? If he wants to.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, now i'd be about that. I mounted over the over the fireplace.
Speaker 1: I'm like, genuinely, you know what, Now I see what you guys see in each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's a it's a good partnership.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you guys want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: If it's cold outside, then don't leave the dogs outside.
Speaker 1: And I feel like that was some reverse psychology on your part because you're trying to go and collect more dog skulls.
Speaker 5: Don't, yeah, don't. We'll tell people thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, guys, Bye, good bye. I don't let i've I've I realized I didn't let Tiffany say her thing. But it's okay. She'll be dead soon, so will I, so will hear, so will all the dogs in the universe. When I die, everyone listening to this can have I'm going to get cremated, and everyone listening to this can have one spec.
Speaker 4: Of ash Hello, Hello is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 4: This is Elmo?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 4: Your your whole music about sending me into psychosis listening to that shit for an hour?
Speaker 1: Man? Okay, Well, whose decision was that.
Speaker 4: That was definitely your decision for going live. What I don't know? What's up man?
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing much. What what is it you wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 4: I wanted to tell you about how my father messaged me on Facebook like a month ago and told me, like, I don't know where because he doesn't talk to me because you know, he's on like drugs and shit. He just messages me and goes. I just want to let you know that you're the only child that I planned to con see that was on magic mushrooms, and I just wanted to discuss a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did that make you feel when he messaged to you that, Oh, it made.
Speaker 4: Me feel kind of powerful, to be honest, because not many people can say that, you know, they were like trip and balls and now their dad's wiener. You know, like that's pretty interesting. I think.
Speaker 1: So you feel as though this revelation from your father that you were conceived while on magic mushrooms has been this made you feel powerful?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I feel like it's definitely changed my outlook on life since I figured this out.
Speaker 1: Okay, how so.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could be like, well, to be honest, a lot of like crazy incidential stuff happens to me pretty often, and I used to be really curious why. I mean, I dibbled out in psychedelics myself. I don't really love mushrooms, to be honest, I hate magic mushrooms, okay, but I just felt like, I don't know, I just feel like it changed the way I look at life once I figured that out, because now it's like the world is my oyster. If I was conceived on magic mushrooms, what else can I do?
Speaker 1: Well? You didn't really do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I came out of his leaders, all right.
Speaker 1: I guess that you. That was sort of you. All right. So if you could have been conceived on magic mushrooms, what else could you do? I mean, what do you want to do? What do I want to do?
Speaker 4: To be honest, I don't know. I haven't figured that out yet. I haven't figured that out yet. Man, I'm just kind of raw dogging life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: The fact that you if you don't know what you want to do, the fact that you can do anything is meaningless, you know. I I feel like, I mean, yeah, well, if you yeah, of course you could do anything, but you only really can you could choose from a lot of different things. But you can only really do a finite amount of things with the amount of time you have on earth. But with that finite amount of time, you can do what you can do a lot, right, right, So I mean, alright, so hold on, you know, just get this one. Give me, Give us one thing, Give us one thing that you want to do.
Speaker 4: One thing I want to do. I want to see the world. I want to see the different cultures and how everyone lives their life in different countries.
Speaker 1: That is like, okay, it's a great goal, it's a great car. It's narrow it down. Give us the culture, give us the country, all right.
Speaker 4: I want to go to Egypt and see the pyramids and yeah, experience that. I feel like seeing what the Egyptians built, or the alien or whoever built those freaking huge pyramids. I want to see that shit in person, because in pictures I feel like it just doesn't do it justice. I need to be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, so what's stopping you from going and seeing the pyramids?
Speaker 4: I think it's like two grands money, money, you know, that's that's the one thing that you can't just have, you know, That's what stops. A lot of opportunities and a lot of things are happening.
Speaker 1: Is money, It's true, It's true.
Speaker 4: Imagine if there was just an abundance of that, then everyone would be doing everything.
Speaker 1: Though, do you how do you make money? Right now?
Speaker 4: I'm at work right now. Actually, I work with this warehouse that makes aerospace parts.
Speaker 1: You you make fucking spaceship parts.
Speaker 4: Like like like parts for the government and stuff. Honestly, I don't really know what the fuck I do. I just I put tape on ship and the paint or pain and then we ship it out to the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, how do you make good money doing that?
Speaker 4: No, I'm trying to find a new job because they don't pay very well. But I mean I get to like sit and talk on the phone, so that's that's kind of nice. There's there's no twicers that come with you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you let's see here? You live in Florida? Where in Florida do you live?
Speaker 4: I live here?
Speaker 5: Tampa?
Speaker 4: Are you coming to Tampa?
Speaker 1: I thought I heard you say that I'm coming to Tampa. I'm coming to the Tampa improv I think, baby, Um, yeah, all right, hold on, all right, let's see a flight from Tampa to Cairo. You're looking up for me, I'm looking it up for you. It's it's a thousand bucks. And then whatever, your your Airbnb and your trying your food and the sea and the thing. Yeah, all right, two thousand bucks feels appropriate.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a question for you then, because you've done a lot of traveling alone, how is that experience? Do you enjoy it? Or do you wish you had somebody who went with you?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god? Go alone? Have you never been alone before? It's to a place.
Speaker 4: No, I really haven't traveled much like generally in the US. Like I've only been like my home state in Florida, and like drove through a couple of states, but I haven't haven't really even seen I think. I think it's like just the fear of being somewhere alone that scares me. To be honest, that's probably what's stopping me. It's not even the money, because a thousand dollars, that's that's really nothing if you think about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you feel like you how long do you think it would take you to save up two thousand bucks?
Speaker 4: Probably a couple months, not too long, all right?
Speaker 1: And then you need, you'd probably want, like, you know, at least a week or or five days, however long you'd probably want it, Like, would you be able to find the time to do it?
Speaker 4: Ooh, the time?
Speaker 1: The time?
Speaker 4: I think I would need a lot of money. Yeah, I think time is probably just as close to the money thing about then possibilities of life. Really, I think I would need enough money to be able to quit my job, go to Egypt, and then come back to a new job because I don't have any PTO left. But I feel like that right there would be a fresh start that I need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fresh start that you need. Okay, so how long you've been working at this job for.
Speaker 4: Only like six months?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll fuck that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I blew through.
Speaker 4: I blew through all my PTO because I thought I was actually going to move to South Carolina, and then I got scammed after I packed my whole life up with my grandma and we moved up there, and the apartment we were supposed to move into was all fucked up, and so we had just moved back down to Florida and be homeless for a month. So I'm just not kind of getting my peep back on the ground. But I like soft soft ghost in my job because I wanted my Christmas bonus, so they didn't even know I quit. So I think, see that's another thing with the magic mushroom thing. I feel like I predicted my own destiny to not quit my job so I could come back and still have a job.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to and uh I don't. I don't like. I feel like a dick every time I do this when I, you know, try to disregard spiritual things. But you you don't predict what you do with yourself. You do it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You can just make decision, elaborate. But you're saying that you predicted yourself quitting your job. That's a good point too. This is why I don't like say.
Speaker 4: My no, no, I wouldn't say all.
Speaker 1: Right, I want to help you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have different opinions.
Speaker 1: Let's talk for a couple more minutes, because I want to try to help you with this, all right, How do you get enough money in time to go to to go to Egypt? How much money do you have right now? Like, do you have savings?
Speaker 4: I have a little bit of savings, but you know, the whole move into South Carolina and then right back to Florida. Thing kind of blew through that. I mean, I have close to a grand saved up, but life's expensive, you know. I feel like i'd have to be like a second job to just like put money to the side. But with that, I need more time.
Speaker 1: Would you ever move to Egypt? Would you ever like move out of America?
Speaker 4: See, and I've also thought about that myself. I would love to move out of America, but I'm like a mass presenting lesbian, and so I feel like I would have to do like a lot of research on where I would be safe. And I don't know, like Egypt culture around, you know, homosexual probably you know, get myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure, oh sure, sure, no, I've heard I I don't I don't want to say anything bad about Egypt because I don't really know. But like I wouldn't be surprised if they.
Speaker 4: Weren't cool with that, right right, which is all power to them. But I definitely would want to move to a progressive country. Fuck America, though, I definitely want to get out of here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to think, I don't know. I listen, here's what I'll say. I think if you did research, you could find a place that you was cooler with you being a mass What did you what did you? How did you say a mass presenting lesbian? Yeah, okay, yeah, well there's Berlin, but that's it's also expensive. I'm trying to like cheaper places that you could go to. I just can I just say this, Elmo, But just don't be afraid to do something crazy, you know, hmm?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How do you just do something crazy though, without like overthinking it to the point that it's not even crazy anymore?
Speaker 1: Though? What I'm trying to think of as sort of a crazy thing because you want to travel and go do things, but there are the physical limitations of time and money, and I don't know, I'm like, where could you go? Where? Like you could do one of those like volunteer programs where they like take your places and you do shit and they give you a bed and food and shit. I know those exist.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what I have been considering just joining the Peace Corps. I don't really know what the fuck that is, but I've heard people talk about the Peace Corps and it seems cool. Don't know what they do, but.
Speaker 1: I'm with it, you know, I just okay, yeah, I just don't be I guess my thing about the massive crazy thing is that you're twenty three, right, okay, and you don't have a kid. No, all right, So do you have like any Matt, do you like any massive debt like fucking student loans or anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I have pretty bad student I'm about a forty grand in debt right now. I have like a pain and stuff like that. That's also another thing about just like dropping everything and going so much.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course I'm thinking about that. Is it student debt or how much is the car payment?
Speaker 4: I'm still about eighteen grand on my car and about twenty grand in student debt.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: You don't how many times I've googled the words how to get rich fast? I'd say probably at least weekly.
Speaker 1: Uh what do you would you get your degree in? Oh?
Speaker 4: I never finished. I was I went to school for art and then I dropped out halfway through. So I was like, well, yeah, in order to make a career out of this, you got to be either a teacher or a therapist. Yeah, And I don't really know if I want to do either of those things. I think I'm just indecisive. I think that's my problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck it, I you know what, fun I hate. I hate college so much. I really hate it. I think it's like a weird predatory thing to like have people pay you years of salaries to fucking It's just it just sucks. I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I agree, And especially like after COVID and everyone kind of realized that you can learn all the same shit online. It's like, why are people still attending these massive universities when you can get the same shit on the internet, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna think on this for you, Elmo, I'm going to think on this. There's a plan here, There's there's something you're not I don't. You're not gonna die before you get to travel the world. It might be slow, it might be a long it might be a longer process than you'd like it to be, but there's well, we can get there. I think we can get there.
Speaker 4: I think so, too, Lile. I do. I think it requires more patience than I might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might have to be patient because you got all that debt and you gotta find a fucking thing you can pay it all off, but you'll get that you have enough time to burn because like you know, I mean, look, you could spend the next three years trying to get out of that debt and put yourself in a position where you do have the money and the time and then go do all this ship when you're twenty six and then you're still you're still a young person travel in the universe, so it's there you might have to be.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to debt and stuff like that, like like who even cares about that? Because everyone dies with debt anyway, so I might as well just add onto the pile. I guess that's not really a healthy way to look at it, but I mean everyone dies with Dell and debt. Sure really isn't even that much comparison.
Speaker 1: You could have children, and that way when you die, there you they can pay your debt for you.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I feel like it's what needs to be done. I feel like that would be like my last wrong, just passing my debt onto the next.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Elmo, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Man?
Speaker 4: So that your podcast has gotten me through hours of just work and car rides, and I really appreciate everything you do. This this, this podcast is a really good platform for people to just speak their mind and I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. Good luck to you. I hope you achieve your dreams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, you two stay gack out there.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 2: Goes on the line thanking your phone calls every night, everything goes to unside, teaching
Speaker 5: You cloud in the of your life.