Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: All right, you're ready to do this? You start the show before we start. I think there's there's something you need to do you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd almost forgotten the other half.
Speaker 4: Got about five dollars in your time.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: Are you going to take the money and run? Or as football seasons approaching, are you going to give me a chance to win it back?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got you.
Speaker 3: You're gonna give me a chance to win it back.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe not the full five thousand.
Speaker 2: Maybe not the full ten thousand, Yeah exactly, Maybe not the full ten but I'll let you chip away at it.
Speaker 3: Okay. You know, as a gambler, I'm happy you're gonna give me a chance to win it.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 3: As a father, I wish you had said you were taking the money and running, but you know what, you take your wins where you can. Congrats buddy about fox me. You didn't just win the bet. You won the bet resoundingly. I had no chance from the very beginning. It's an all time bad wager by me, which makes an all time good wager by you. You should, you know, how like you ever walk into a restaurant and you see they have a dollar bill framed, It's like the first dollar ever made. You should have one of those hundreds framed and keep it with you forever. The first and only time I ever truly outfoxed my dad.
Speaker 4: To the time, Well it's foreshadowing there.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we'll see. I mean, I'm not gonna let that happen again. All right, now, we can do the show.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Welcome In episode forty two of What's Right with Nick Right, the podcast and YouTube show, a reminder Number one on our countdown of the fifty greatest basketball players of the last fifty years comes out on Sunday. It is not a spoiler to you know, acknowledge the fact that it will be Lebron. Lebron is the one name left. However, the video for it, oh my goodness, I mean we almost ran out of memory on the computer when we were recording the Lebron video. Demanse was here for the beginning of it, left, came back. I was still going, it's gonna be great that comes out on Sunday. But before we get to today's show, let's get to, as we always do, what we are not discussing on today's version of What's Right with Nick Right, we are not going to get into Genie Buss's Twitter account getting hacked allegedly selling PlayStations. I thought they were just trying to pay for Russell Westbrook buy out. Nos, she got hacked. Luca the MVP favorite once again. And by the way, have you seen the pictures demande of Skinny Luca?
Speaker 4: Yeah about young when he was young.
Speaker 3: No from this week, look at Skinny Luca. Somebody get my large adult Slovenian son of Sandwich. My man is trimmed down this summer in Slovenia. And we are not talking about f one's Lewis Hamilton joining the Broncos ownership group. Because we do not talk about F one on this show, however, we will be talking about what I thought should have been considered the biggest sports story of the summer. But it seemed like Ben Vallin, Dan Levettard, Mike Florio and me were the only people giving it the respect it deserved. Finally, the NFL now follow suit talking about the Dolphins and Tom Brady and the whole nine, so demonse get Us started up.
Speaker 2: According to a league investigation, the Dolphins repeatedly talked to Tom Brady and Sean Payton without permission while while both of them were under contract. Yep, they've lost their twenty twenty first round pick and their twenty twenty four to third round pick as a penalty. Team owner Stephen Ross is suspended through six games and also has been fine to one point five million dollars, But his net worth is sitting at about eight point two billion, so it's how much.
Speaker 3: That's going to hurt the financial penalty probably not going to resonate that much. With Steven go ahead and.
Speaker 2: By the way, being suspended for six games, he's the team owner, so is go to the games.
Speaker 3: He can't go to the facilities, can't go to the games.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So and he's also not you know some team owners or hands on right, and.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, they're calling stuff in.
Speaker 3: Well, not not plays, but organizational decisions, okay, And he cannot be consulted theoretically on those things. So he can have no contact in that regard, all right.
Speaker 2: God And also, and back in twenty nineteen, when accused of intentionally tanking or telling coach Brian floor Is to intentionally tank, they were no, they were not found guilty because there was no evidence that they were ever trying to tank, because Brian Flora was actually winning games.
Speaker 3: And if you know he the claim there is that I said it, but I was joking exactly the old I lose a game, I'll give you one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, which is very crazy, as the league, not as the league came down hard enough on the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's talk about that and then we can we will. I will bring us to the Brady point, because the executive producer of the show, Gabe Goodwin, would quit in protest if we don't talk about the Brady particular complicity here.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So here's the problem. First of all, I really dislike Stephen Ross's statement where he implied that the investigation found that Brian Flores's allegations had no merit. It found the opposite, Hey, that they you did mention the one hundred thousand per loss. The league just decided you were joking there and that you were tampering, which is one of the things Brian Floor has alleged. So I think Brian Flores comes out of this looking better than anybody. I think it's full vindication for him. Here is the problem with the league saying that, and I quote the scope and the I want to get this exactly right. The scope and the severity of this level of tampering was unprecedented. The problem with the league saying this is the worst example of tampering we've ever seen, while also saying you're going to your penalty for that is going to be a slightly lower price than the Seattle Seahawks paid to acquire Jamal Adams is if for multi years with multiple teams when Brady was a Patriot, then when Brady was a Buck, you tamper with not only the quarterback of another team, but the Super Bowl winning quarterback of another team do it when he goes to the next team. Actually, it would appear induce him into retiring from that team and to get him on your team, which almost happened, and then also do the same thing with a Super Bowl champion coach. If the penalty is just a first and a third, I think it actually sends the opposite message to the league is trying to send to the to the rest of the league, which is I think the message they're trying to send is you'll be punished harshly for tamper the team. But if you know the ceiling of penalty for doing it multiple years involving the greatest player ever is a first and a third, then doesn't it make you feel pretty confident? All right? If we tamper with Chris Godwin when he's approaching free agency, what's gonna happen? Maybe we lose a fifth round pick. It would be not to bring up bad memories of yours, But Demanse went through a period in high school where you got in trouble a lot. You're you know, you just you didn't do a lot of bad things, but you seem to do them in an order of as soon as you got out of trouble, within six weeks you were in trouble again. And it was like he really only screwed up twice a year, but he would space them out constantly punished. If whatever the biggest scrip was, if I called you into me and your mom's room and I said, Demanse, this is the most disappointed I've ever been in you. This is the angriest I've ever been in you. It is unprecedented the scope of your mouth seasons and the severity of the penalty that that's approaching. So you are grounded for one week and no phone for two weeks, I think you'd walk out of there being like, oh, well, that's not that bad. And so if you are going to use the language the NFL used, I think they needed harsher penalty or else. It sends the message to the rest of the league is inting that big of a deal. Now, to the Brady part of it, I will almost always take the side of worker versus labor versus management, and I like that it's in the collective bargaining agreement that players and coaches cannot be penalized for tampering only organizations, and I think in real day to day life that's applicable. I think that if all of us ESPN tried to steal me away from Fox. I think that if ESPN got in trouble for, you know, trying to induce an employee under contract with another company, so be it. But should I get in trouble for listening? I don't think so. I don't think that's how that's work, you know what I mean? And so I also, as much as I'd love to pile on Brady here, I don't have as much of an issue with it. But to satiate Gabe Goodwin's thirst for some Brady slander, I will read you a tweet from the Athletic. NFL teams have been forced to forfeit their first round pick three times in league history. Tom Brady has been involved in all three instances. Wow Spygate in two thousand and eight, to flate Gate in twenty fifteen, and now this tampering with the Miami Dolphins. I want to say one other thing about the tampering. The Dolphins tampering with Brady in twenty nineteen, his last year with New England, right when everyone knew that was going to be his last year with New England. I don't have that big of a problem what because to me, that was Brady was about to be a free agent, and that was them trying to set the table to be at the front of the line of his free agency search. I know that's against the rules. I don't have a huge issue with that them continuing it once he signed with another team, and the fact that it was successful it induced him into retiring from his team to try to go play for them. That to me is the real egregious part of this. And the fact that they ran the same you know, I don't want to say scheme, but they did the same thing involving a coach and got him to quit his team, right, And essensibly it's one of the reasons maybe they fire Brian and Flores. The whole thing is, it was a very effective tampering until the Flores lawsuit Blue lie whole thing up. I mean, they were Would the Dolphins have traded a million bucks a first and a third to get Brady and Sean Payton? Of course they would have, and it you know, not to misquote Scooby Doo, but it wasn't for the meddling kids. If it wasn't for Brian Flores's lawsuit, it would have all worked, all right. I hope, Gabe we got enough Tom Brady info in there where we were fair to Brady but also fair to the history of the league. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Still loads of criticisms surrounding Watson or Deshaun Watson's six games suspension. Seems that everybody on Twitter and everybody basically in the world agrees that the punishment should have been harsher, But the technicalities of the CVA are getting in the way of common sense.
Speaker 4: What should happen to? Here's what's going on? Here? What happens?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say something a little. I don't know if it's uncomfortable, but I try to always be as honest as I possibly can be when I'm broadcast. I I I joke with your mom that I'm more honest on television than I am in my day to day life. That I try to be as transparent as possible. Sometimes on TV I am a little more judicious with my words than here because I don't want them to be taken out of context, right, And I think here I have more room for a full explanation. Okay, So one of the things that I think is happening with the reaction to what I think the vast majority of people think is an incredibly light suspension, is I think, and this is where I have to be careful, but it's what I believe. I think the NFL is benefiting greatly right now from the fact that the judge in this case happens to be a woman. And by that I mean this, I think if that exact same verdicts the wrong word, but ruling was issued and it's a male judge signing, and it involves the terms of non violent sexual assault and continually referring to this as non violent sexual assault, I think that is far more problematic for the league if that is coming from a man's voice than Judge Sue Robinson. With that said, I personally find it just as egregious. But I just think the criticism as loud as the criticism has been, I think the criticism is actually a little quieter than it would have been if this was a different person giving the rule. All Right, So that's first point. The other point that is what is happening here is we need to remember that while we know of more than two dozen instances. The league only presented five, and the judge essentially dismissed one of them, so that she was only looking at four instances. We also know that the league does draw a distinction between violent and non violent sexual assault. Whether it should or it shouldn't, it does, and she felt kind of boxed in by President Jameis Winston got six games reduced to three. Zeke got six games that first time offenders with otherwise good reputations the harshest penalty they've gotten his six games, right. The question that I think most people have is is it fair to call someone a first time offender when there are this many accusations that are they a first time, a second time, a third time, a fourth time. That's not how they looked at it. They looked at these all kind of as one, you know, big thing. The other issue that I took personally with Judge Robinson's ruling that I think is very uncomfortable for the Browns is she put in her ruling that Deshaun can now only get massages from team employees, essentially like it's got to be set up through the team. I think that sets up a very uncomfortable situation for the people working for the Browns. Right in that position that might say, well, that's not what I signed up for. But on the flip side of that is he's the best, highest paid, most important player on the team, might like, do I have an obligation there? So I think that's something for the Browns to handle with, you know, internally, Okay, as far as what I think is going to happen, this is you know, by the time you guys hear and see this, we will know if the NFL did, in fact appeal. I think the NFL will appeal, even though, and this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things. The optics on that the NFL is going to get crushed whether they appeal or they don't. If they don't, people will say the NFL was too lenient, even though they wanted a one year suspension. If they do, people will say, well, then what was the point of having this independent arbiter if you're just going to overrule them if it doesn't go your way. I would be shocked, though, if the NFL let the fewest games anyone could have anticipated, being the penalty six games and the smallest financial penalty possible, less than four hundred grand I don't think that's standing, so I think the NFL is gonna appeal. I don't think they are going to then impose their full initial we wanted a year. That way, it does look there is some deference to Judge Robinson's ruling, but I think he's gonna get ten to twelve games. I think he's gonna get ten to twelve games. And from a very cynical standpoint, I think it is better for the NFL that he get twelve games thereabouts than he get a full year. And the reason for that is if he gets a full year, then going into next season, this is a story all over. His first game with the Browns is for all of this. If he gets twelve games again, this should not be baked into the math on how much he gets. I'm just if I'm doing the most cynical reading possible, you give him twelve games. By the time he comes back, the Browns aren't on national TV anymore because they would have played twelve games without him. They're out of the playoff race. Everyone is focused on other things. It's a story. The week he comes back, they then finish their season and then next year. It's somewhat of a quote clean slate, unquote. So I think it's in the league's best interest that they up it. They show the world they're taking it seriously, and they do ten to twelve games. Again, apologies if by the time you guys hear this, we already know definitively that they are or are not appealing. My guess is they do appeal, and they up it somewhat. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: First game of the preseason is on Thursday. The Jags are facing the Raiders, whose hype train is out of control.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, thank you for saying that, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Do you think the Raiders are getting too much hype? I mean clearly you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean listen. I adding Devontae Adams helps a ton. And by the way, bummer that Trevor Lawrence is not playing in this game. I want to see as much Trevor Lawrence as possible. If I believed in the for an office more and some of their other offseason moves, I'd love to be the guy to pick the Jags to make the playoffs. I'd love to do that. I can't do it as much as I believe in Trevor Lawrence. But set that aside. The problem for the Raiders is I don't want to get too much into our full NFL season preview, and I know the Raiders made the playoffs last year. But to me, you gotta look at the AFC right now as division division, the Bills in the East, the Bengals, and the Raiders in the North. One of the teams in the South, I think it'll be the Colts, but that somebody's got to win the division. I think the Titans take a step back, and then in the West the Chiefs and the Chargers. So we're already at six teams that I think our hands down better than the Raiders are, or in the team in the Colts case, just better positioned. Because somebody's got to win that division. So the Raiders, the Broncos, the team that doesn't win the South, call it the Titans. Some people still believe in the Steelers. I'm not one of them. The Browns. If Deshaun has only suspended six games, plus if the Patriots continue what they had building last year, I don't buy them, And the Dolphins, I don't buy them. Still, the point is it's five or six teams competing for one spot. And I know our Colin Goaherd loves Derek Carr and DeVante Adams, calling him a future Hall of Famer. He is, without question, the worst quarterback in his own division. Now that's in part because it's the greatest quarterbacking division ever, maybe, But when was the last time a team with the worst quarterback in a division made some serious noise? It is you've got to have. If that can happen, it's because your team is built to win despite the quarterback, the way some would argue the Niners were a few years ago. But that's not the cage with the Raiders. What they do best is throw the football their passing game. And so yeah, I am fading the Raiders this year. I think they are an under five hundred football team, not a tear gable football team, but too many difficult games, too tough of a schedule, and I don't think adding DeVante Adams is enough of a needle mover all, Right, what's last?
Speaker 2: During the offseason, Deebo Samuel requested a trade, which many people think that he was unhappy with his role. Sunday, he agreed to a three year seventy five million dollars deal, fifty eight point one million being guaranteed, and over the course of these three years, if he breaks or hits the milestones as a running back, he'll get just under two million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Are the forty nine Ers a scary team with Trey Lance and Deebo Samuel Listen.
Speaker 3: I think that they're again not to do the full NFL preview thing, but I believe in Trey Lance. I think the Niners are right now. They're my favorites to win the NFC. I agree the Niners will buy the end of the year, will have upgraded at quarterback. The beginning, there's gonna be some And by upgraded at quarterback, I don't mean moved on from Trey Lance. What I mean is, let me say that differently, by December of this season, they will have better quarterbacking than they had in December and January of last season. I think by the end of this year Trey Lance will be better than Jimmy Garoppolo was in that offense beginning of the year. I think it's going to be some growing pains. Getting Deebo under contract was massive. I floated on first things first on Wednesday. Could they be the team that adds Odell. They could use some speed there. I love their defense, I love their coaching staff, I love the athleticism at quarterback. I love that they got Deebo done. They don't have to deal with it. I really to me the nin we are overwhelmingly likely to have an NFC Championship Game rematch of Niners Rams, but this one where the Niners can go toe to toe it as far as making plays on offense with the Rams with what Trey Lance will be by at that point is eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth career NFL start. So I think they are smart for moving on for Jimmy g. They were smart for paying Deebo Samuel because he didn't want them to use him as a running back and for his wide receiver value to go down. Now he's protected from that, got fifty eight million bucks. I love the Niners this year. I love him even more if they're the team that adds Odell once he gets back from the need.
Speaker 4: Oh go ahead. What's Whatdell's real value these days?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a real question because he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl. He's got a bunch of injuries. But where he helped himself greatly was he got to the rams. Not only was he not a distraction, he was awesome in the NFC Championship game and he was on pace to maybe being Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 4: So it was.
Speaker 3: Awesome in the Super Bowl until he got hurt. So I think he has real value if the team is a contender. I think the Niners are. I think Green Bay also makes a ton of sense for Odell, but I don't know that he wants to live in the cold in that small town, so I think the Niners make a lot of sense. Will be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and unstop. A new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in What's Right, Nick Wright, Episode forty two of the regular podcast, our final edition of the fifth Yeardest Players the last fifty years. Our special edition podcasts come out on Sunday, so be looking for that. But also on today's show, I think we have a real chance of turning Demon's turning this into the most financially and personally and well, I should say, financially and professionally profitable weeks of your life. Finanefully it already has been with the ten thousand, but we've got something in the fire segment of the show that I truly believe that if we get fans of the show, behind the great Fox social media team, behind the great people at Blue Duck, all the people involved in this podcast, I think you have a real shot of the taking may it would be it would take you potentially away from this podcast for a period of time, but it would be worth it. We will discuss that at the end of the show. However, right now we're begin to before we get to a new game. The guys have told me there's a new game we are debuting. I don't know what it is. Before we get to that, you guys want to show me an old tweet of mine, which I love to see, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: Fan of the show sent into the producers a cold take, tweeting.
Speaker 3: Ors Okay, where's it from?
Speaker 4: From twenty eleven?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's always a little dangerous.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, So I don't know if we're rolling the tweet, but I've got it right here.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, what is it?
Speaker 4: You've got a oh, there it is.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my top twelve of all time at that point in time.
Speaker 4: Yep. For those of you listen on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Is Jordan at number one, Russell at number two, Magic at three, Kareem at four, Wilt at five, Duncan at six, Kobe at seven, Bird at nine, Bird at eight, Bird at eight, sorry, Oscar at nine, Shock at ten, West at eleven Jary West okay, and then Lebron Lebron at number twelve, Lebron at number six twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: Okay, so people have been sending me this. First of all, great job by you recognizing that we have audio listeners, not just viewers, so you got to read out the tweet. I had forgotten that. Great job. People have been sending this to me as some type of taunt about my lack of consistency. All right, I actually think this shows amazing consistency over the last decade. So first let me address what is on its face two obvious errors. Two guys who have not played a game since twenty eleven moved up in the rankings. So how could that happened? So Kareem went from behind Jordan and Magic to ahead of both of them, and a Cheme went from behind Shack to ahead of him. Right, Okay, I think those are both incredibly easy to explain. And the answer is I was not as educated then as I am now. In twenty eleven, I wasn't efforting to write a book on this. I was doing it just from my own general thoughts feelings that if I'm being totally transparent on the Kareem's stuff in particular, I think was clouded immensely. And we can start the clock if we want, because I'm gonna spend a little bit of time on this immensely. From Bill Simmons opinions on Kareem and Bill Simmons he had written this great book, the Book of Basketbory, the seventy five Grace Players. Ever, and Bill has I would say, a saltier view of Kareem than certainly than I came to have, and I hadn't done my own independent research on it. So that's why I was as shocked as anybody that going into the project, I would have thought I would have had Kareem behind Magic and certainly behind Jordan. I was as shocked as anybody whin after I did the research, that's no longer the opinion I held. The Akeem take is very simple, and you can say I was indoctrinated somewhat, But this was before I had moved to and worked in Houston, and there was once I lived there, and there was such reverence for a Keem and my co host on the radio, John Lopez, who I greatly respect his basketball opinion. He actually thinks Wilt is the greatest player ever. But set that aside, and who covered that, said, Nick, if you got to look into a team outside of the two titles, he's like, you're just he goes. Once you do it, you're going to have a greater appreciation for him, which I did. I looked at it and I said, oh, I had underrated this guy. So that's the adjustments of the two guys who haven't played all the other guys. The order stays the exact same, So Russell, Wilt, Weston, Oscar not eligible for my list.
Speaker 4: But I have.
Speaker 3: I had a decade ago Duncan just ahead of Kobe. By the way, since then Duncan went to the finals twice more and won another title, further solidified himself out of Kobe. I had Kobe just ahead a bird. Kobe played a little bit since then, but didn't do anything substantial. I had, and I had Shack as the last guy in the in the grouping it all. One could also argue Nick on my I have what happens to Doctor J and Moses? Well, Doctor J and Moses would have been on the outside of this twelve if you will, if we had added Wilton, Oscar and Russell. If it wasn't the last fifty years, this is all time. Also, if I'm being honest, in twenty eleven, I don't think I knew as much about Doctor J and Moses as I do now. Then it comes to the lebron thing. Folks, send me this and say, oh went from outside of the top ten to number one.
Speaker 4: Goddamn rights the easiest one.
Speaker 3: He won four titles, won two more MVPs went to it went to nine more finals since I sent out this tweet. Guess what, America, if you send me my list that right now has Giannis outside of the top thirteen in a decade, and he's added four more rings, a couple more MVPs, and eight more finals trips, He's gonna have skyrocketing, right So what what would have been bad for me would have been if this list had no connection whatsoever to my current one. But really, with the only exception being I had underrated a couple big men from the seventies and eighties in Kareem and a Chem, I say I did well. And the other reason I love this tweet that it's being brought up is the following. It's alleged by some corners of the Internet that the Lebron stuff is like me playing a character. I'm trying to be the anti skip fs one told me to do it, And this is documentation that back when I was doing midday radio in Kansas City, right I was still hashtagging tweets with can't help my love for Lebron. So that's authentic all right. Time Now for a new game, what's the new game now?
Speaker 2: Hunter for NFL Hall of Fame enshrinment ceremonies this weekend. It's time for a new game.
Speaker 4: Called first Mid and Chill, not and chill with first Mid Chill.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got it. Hold on, before we even get to it, I understand this is a play on the game f Mary Kill. So we're calling it first mid Chill.
Speaker 4: But it actually makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Except for the fact that I'm thirty seven years old and I would never call something mid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I was thinking about it.
Speaker 3: That is, as soon as I'm like, I'm gonna cringe just thinking about it. That is as that is not in my parlance.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: The only in my whole life. The only way I've ever used mid in a sentence was as a teenager to describe a type of weed, like that's mid grade. Like okay, that's but I But young people these days use, oh, that's mid People send me like people respond to some of my takes on the show, They're like, mid take, bro, I'm like, mid take.
Speaker 4: Like, those are people you probably wouldn't I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't, but I will because I do appreciate the turn of phrase of F Mary Kill. Turning into first mid Chill and even rhymes kill and chill all play along, but we might have to tweak the title at some point. Okay, go, so you're gonna so you're gonna get me three current players, and what's happening?
Speaker 4: Three current players?
Speaker 2: You'll tell me which one's the first ballot Hall of Famer, which one has a shot, and which one will not make it in Okay, And so for our first group of guys, we've got Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: Okay, I you know I'm on the record here. Josh Allen has earned my fear and respect. I will put him first. Lamar Jackson is the one that we will call mid again. I don't like it, and Kyler Chill Like, yeah, I would be. I would be shocked if Kyler Murray into his career and it's even a Hall of Fame's.
Speaker 4: Got no hope in this guy just because he's small.
Speaker 3: That is true. I don't like small athletes.
Speaker 4: I don't want Kyler Murray to well.
Speaker 3: And what's funny that I get that, and I'm not rooting against him. I just naturally lean towards bigger, stronger, faster, more powerful. It's just he's always a safer as well. No, that's true, No, no, no, he has the speed part of it. That part's true, and especially at that position. I just it's really hard for me to buy into it. But even if I didn't have my skepticism, Lamar has won a League MVP and won a playoff game. Josh Allen is a favorite to win League MVP this year, has won a couple of playoff games, and his most recent playoff loss, he played a nearly flawless game, just got beat by the Chiefs with ten seconds left. So crazy, And so it's not it's shade. You could really like Kyler and still have him third on.
Speaker 2: This list, all right, now number two? Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase or Jalen Wattle.
Speaker 3: All right, this one's also very easy. And I think all three of these guys could be excellent players, and they have all had excellent production. But it's easy because one of them talent wise to me, is far and away the best, and one of them situation wise is in far and away the worst. So Jamar Chase is I will say first without a doubt. Like Jamar Chase, I don't want to put too much on him, but I would be surprised if he's not a Hall of Famer if he stays healthy. He Burrow had an amazing report in college. Jamar was so dominant in college he then sat out a year, still was a consensus top ten pick. And then I think you can argue that he is already the single best receiver in the league. I think you could argue he's better than Nuke, He's better than DeVante, better than Tyreek, better than Coup. I'm not saying definitively he is, but he has an argument for it. Justin Jefferson production wise with a Oka quarterback, and Kirk Cousins has been historically great production wise. I really like Jefferson. To me, he's second. He would be the mid category. By the way, I got a little text during the second from Gabe, our fearless executive producer, who is actually a little bit older than me, and he said he initially named this game first maybe Chill, and it was changed to mid by one of our gen Z producers. You think it was Nick Okay, you think it's Nick Winer. I thought it was Mos. That was my guess.
Speaker 4: If most of you a second really, I.
Speaker 3: Don't really know mos that Wellies just feels like the type of guy who's gonna be like, nah, Bro's mid. Like that's what I thought. So I'm gonna put Justin Jefferson in the mid category of this list, and Jalen Waddle, who had one hundred catches and put up numbers as a rookie that you have only been totally matched by Inkmbolden. I'm gonna put him as chill because of his situation, because now not only is he not the focal point of the offense because Tyreek got there. More importantly, I think Jamar's got an excellent quarterback in Burrow. Jefferson. Jefferson's got a competent quarterback and Cousins, and I think Waddle's you know, got Tua who I think they're gonna be changing quarterbacks. I'm not a to a guy anymore. I was. I thought I said he should go number one in the draft over Burrow, and then I was just wrong about it.
Speaker 4: What did you say, switched up with you?
Speaker 3: No, that wasn't why he was because I watched him play. All right, what's last number three?
Speaker 2: Christian McCaffrey, Jonathan Taylor and Zeke Elliott, Oh all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if any of these guys are gonna be Hall of Famers, but I'm gonna put Jonathan Taylor first because he's never suffered the major injury that Simac has, and his production the first two years are outstanding. He had almost two thousand yards last year. If he can stay healthy, why not. I'm gonna put Christian McCaffrey's second because I do think he has unbelievable ability, but the injury stuff concerns me, and I'm without a doubt putting Zeke last because Zeke's best days are clearly behind him. I don't think he's gonna have any more Monster seasons and his production up to this point so his career is far closer to the end of than to the beginning, and he's not a Hall of Fame level player. Look like he was gonna be the first couple of years. Yeah, has not turned into that. What's sad is that we don't even include Saquon on these lists anymore because of all of his injuries. But there it is, first edition. I like the game. We can tweak the title. We come back. We make Demonse a movie star literally, that's what we do next. What's Right? All right? Welcome back in final segment, What's Right? Nick Right? The podcast, the YouTube show all the above, and Demonse is clearly the most favorite member of the podcast, as evidenced by you guys selling me out to help him win ten thousand dollars. Demanse also is the most athletic member of the podcast and the tallest member of the podcast. Here's why I bring those things up, and we can start the clock because it's gonna be quick. Demanse, I think we have a real chance of making you a movie star. Yeah, okay, so I've talked to you about a little of this. I talked with you about this a little bit. But let's show the audience. This was posted yesterday. The hit show HBO Winning Time is seeking basketball players for the roles of Kurt Rambis. All right, that's a white dude, Mitch Cupcheck, that's a white dude. James Worthy, a very tall black guy who don't look like Robert Parrish, a very very tall black guy who you look nothing like. And Byron Scott, So more on that in a moment. But Byron Scott, I would say light skin side six four, Yeah, your six 's three and the and the what the requirements for this are no acting experience, must have basketball experience for Byron Scott obviously, I think has to look somewhat like Byron Scott. And they need you to be in Los Angeles from August to January for filming. They want your basketball experience sent in a face picture, a full body picture, and your basketball experience. So you played college basketball, you want to be in LA and you can be in LA. You are the right height and I don't know if we have any mockups we can show you, but I think Demands as Byron Scott absolutely look at this. I think that absolutely can play. I don't know where the screenshot's from, but you can. It works.
Speaker 4: The forehead area is the it's just the ears.
Speaker 3: Well. I don't think it has to be exact course. And you have a nice jump shot like he did. You're athletic like he was. I really think you could do this. Yeah, so we need our This is what all of my brilliant takes from today, set them aside. We need all of our social media and graphics team on basically a sizzle reel of why Demands should get this role. We need to put it out there. We need the What's right fans out there to tweet at winning time or at the producers at who's the guy who's the big producer for the show. Someone can say, in my ear, he's the guy that just got in the argument with Will Ferrell. Everybody knows Adam McKay. I think it's Adam McKay. We need you guys to tweet at Adam McKay. We need you guys to tweet at McKay.
Speaker 4: And I see retweet everything.
Speaker 3: What'd you say? I will retweet everything, You'll retweet everything. I'll read. Also, what you need to do is find your best headshot and your best full body length photo that shows I would say, your muscle tone, and will explain the athleticism via the you know, the basketball career. Maybe include a clip if you have one on your phone of you between the legs dunking or reverse dunking. Something cool, and we're gonna send it. I think you can get this gig.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I think the requirements and.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jeff pearl Yeah, we need to add Pearlman to this. The person who sent out this tweet, Jeff Pearlman, I feel like there's got to be people of I think I've interviewed Jeff, I really think you can get this role. Yeah, I think it would be unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And then I love it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it's not actual act. I don't know how much of it will be actually acting.
Speaker 3: Like, No, it's mostly for the basketball scene. And one of the things Winning Time has done well is those basketball scenes look really good. All right, So that's the goal. Between now and football season at least get demands a callback for the role of Byron Scott. And again, I don't think it's not a massive field of people you're gonna be competing with because they got to be at least six to two and they have to have high level basketball experience and in LA. So we're doing this.
Speaker 4: We're doing it, all right.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, the standard fee for someone getting you your first gig, and a gig like this happens to be exactly ten thousand dollars. So if you get this role, just make sure you hold on to that ten thousand that I gave you this week. You might have to transfer right back over.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: That's a deal that's committed that's binding. We'll talk to you guys on Sunday.