Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to ok F Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody, recording from the Home Bunker. Folks, I hope that you enjoyed Friday's show with my friend and friend of the show, the Reverend Mark Thompson, wanted to provide you with some more context to what has been going on on the ground on these college campuses as we are watching them being broken apart their peaceful protests with violent actions by militarized police. And the thing that I keep thinking about is that this is where our tax dollars go. They go to weaponize our police, who then use brutal, horrific tactics against us. Right and for those people who are like on social media talking about these kids are getting exactly what they deserve. Really, unarmed students who are speaking up against the genocide and being met with brutal force or getting exactly what they deserve because we have all forgotten the fact that America was founded on a bunch of rowdy white men who decided that they didn't want to pay taxes anymore and threw a bunch of fucking tea in the water and vandalize shit, Like do we forget that, or again, it's only okay when white men do it, like when they decide to take over the Capitol building and defecate in the halls of Congress, like that's acceptable, right, Like, give me a fucking break. I'm just so tired of the blatant hypocrisy. And I got to tell you, and I, you know, like I struggle with, honestly sometimes sharing my feelings because I feel so up and down.
Speaker 2: I feel so upside down most of these days.
Speaker 1: But I got to tell you that the longer this war goes on, and I don't even know how you call it a war. And this is why people call it a genocide, because the Palestinian people have no weaponry, right, because that's who's being killed. They're not fucking killing Hamas. The goal was never to kill Hamas. The goal was to extinguish the Palestinian people, right, which our tax dollars are going to help do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It isn't about defending fucking Israel, Like, no, defend against what right they're fucking dome that they have over their city, Like technology that we don't even have here in the United States, but we send billions so that they have the technology to protect themselves against aggressors. Look, folks, I just I got to tell you that the way that this horrific genocide is going on, the way that like our elected leaders are acting like the rest of us don't know what is at play here, that like these students, oh they don't know really know what's going on, blah blah blah. They know what the fuck they see and that's actually enough, right, Like they know what they are seeing, they know what they are hearing, which is why there's this push to ban TikTok. It isn't about fucking China. It's about information. It's about access to information and being connected with people on the ground right in places where genocide in war is taking fucking place, and seeing and hearing with their own eyes instead of being filtered bullshit through mainstream media that is in kafuts. Right with the government in the same way to pacify.
Speaker 2: The mathis like this is that's the fucking game.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, you know, I'm struggling because as time goes on, y'all, I hate this fucking administration. I hate this administration for making me choose between the lesser of two evils. That's not motivating that's not inspiring. But that's where the fuck we are. Joe Biden wants to get up and talk about how you know you can have descend without disorder and bol blah, what the fuck are you talking.
Speaker 2: About, bro? Like, what are you even saying?
Speaker 1: The core purpose of protests right is to disrupt this status quo. You don't do that by being quiet. You don't do that by being orderly. You do that by making a fucking scene and letting it be known that you understand that the people that are have the power to make a real difference refuse to do so. Tell me right now, after forty thousand plus people, half of which are children, have been killed, do you continue to say that Israel has the right to defend itself against toddlers, against six year olds.
Speaker 2: You had fucking Casey Hunt on air talking about, oh.
Speaker 1: They named Hamilton Hall on Columbia University when they when the protesters took it over after a woman who was killed in Gaza. It wasn't a woman, it was a fucking six year old girl.
Speaker 2: Baby. But this is what they do.
Speaker 1: Those that are in power get to decide whose life actually matters. It's why in the middle of a pandemic. People left their homes to chant that black lives matter because we know that in this country he does not. It isn't just young people that are looking over to the Middle East and saying what the fuck. It's everyone from a marginalized community that knows what it's like to be invisibilized and having it be done with our own money. It's just becoming too much right, too much to push down, too much to ignore and say full with a full throat chest and heart to go and vote for Joe Biden. And I know what the alternative is. I know that it's the choice that I am going to make. I am going to vote for Joe Biden. But I don't, honestly, y'all, with good conscious, I don't know how I tell you to do the same. What I'm gonna start telling people is like, you need to vote with your heart. You know, you need to vote with your future and future generations in mind. And if that leads you in a different direction, then so be it. You just need to make decisions that you're going to be able to live with. But I am struggling to advocate and tell people that although you're looking around and you're seeing the rise of fascism and the militarization of our police, and the weaponization of like our rights, and a Supreme Court that is ripping them away in states, overturning bodily autonomy. I mean, I don't know how you then tell people, oh, but it will get worse. I know that it will. I know that a majority of people listening to this show know that it will get worse if Donald Trump is president. But when you're starting now to compare really bad and terrible and horrible with not so bad but also bad, like you know what I'm saying, the distinctions start to become really fuzzy. This is somebody who knows. I know that Donald Trump will be an absolute catastrophe and will mark the end of democracy as we know it. I know that, and yet I am struggling to tell people that they need to be okay with a genocide, That they need to be okay with the fact that if Joe Biden wins, and if for some strike of fucking luck, we're able to hold on to the Senate and regain the House, you know that there still may not be enough right in order to restore Roe v. Wade inside of the constitution, right, because there are Democrats that function like fucking Republicans, So there are people willing to sell you out regardless, Like every election, we have work to save this country after twenty sixteen, and look where the fuck we are. So it's hard to be sitting in a pile of shit and then being told that, oh, it doesn't smell that bad, right, hold, just keep holding your nose. So you know, I I am in a deep place of struggle, particularly now that news has come out from the Hill dot com that came out on Friday of last week that Chuck Schumer is gonna link arms with Speaker Mike Johnson and inviting net Yahoo to address Congress. It's like, it's like they don't want to win, do you know what I'm saying. It's like I don't know who the fuck is sitting at Biden's campaign headquarters and saying, you know, let's just throw the whole thing out. You know, we don't really have to work that hard. The polls tell us that we're winning, so we'll be fine. Everyone hates Donald Trump, but sir, they're actually starting to hate you too. And this is the real talk that like apparently people aren't giving Joe Biden that you can do your little moves of student loan debt relief and rescheduling marijuana. And you're thinking that what these young people didn't just hear you call them a group of thugs. The least you can do is not call in the National Guard. But you're not telling the governors to stand down. You're not telling the mayors of these cities to stand down. You didn't direct young people and say, you know what, I want to invite some of these folks to the White House. I want to hear them out. I want to create a town hall moment so that we can use this moment of friction and conflict in our country as a teachable moment. It's just like, oh, just ignore these ah, these kids, they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They're not kids.
Speaker 1: They're your fucking constituents. They're the future of this goddamn country. And not only have we not done anything to make their lives better or safer, we've actually done the opposite generations is grown up with mass shootings. They don't know a world without it. Some of them, at this point in time, have been involved in multiple from middle school, high school, college, out shopping. Oh, just stop eating avocado toast and you can buy a home. How when corporate greed wright has slowed down wages for the last several decades. Oh, and boomers are still in their fucking jobs because some of them now can't afford to retire. Because every other day we hear about social security going away and Medicaid going away?
Speaker 2: So where is the room for generation Z?
Speaker 1: You're old of you all? When I was your age, I had this, this, this, and this. Yeah, because that's when the government actually still.
Speaker 2: Gave a shit.
Speaker 1: I'm just so over it. And I know that it's Monday, all and I need to come in here with some more hopefulness and energy that it's like we can do this.
Speaker 2: But honestly, I don't know. I don't know. You know.
Speaker 1: I pray to God every single day that I am wrong, that somehow a miracle will overtake us, and you know, we'll be able to save democracy. We'll be able to stop a genocide, We'll be able to restore grow v wade, We'll be able to restore firmative action, We'll be able to restore voting rights. You know, we'll be able to patch up this democracy. And have it look like something resembling, you know, a real democracy and not democracy fucking ish. But I don't know, you know, so I don't know how to convince people to swallow this really hard, sharp pill that feels like a piece of fucking glass and just having the repeated narrative of oh, Donald Trump will be worse. It's like, okay, now, I know for people like me. By worse, we mean that he will create minigazzas all over this country. He will round people up, take away their rights, label them as enemies of the state, pillage this country to enrich himself, sell out our secrets. Also that he can what die on a gold toilet, but that's what he'll do.
Speaker 2: And worse. We know this. I've been laying it out.
Speaker 1: Project twenty twenty five lays it out right on a heritage dot org's page nine hundred pages if you want to get into it. Their vision of America is a healthscape for everyone that is not white, straight, cis and male, an absolute fucking healscape, something that we can't even fathom and imagine because we've never experienced it. Where we are right now is a slow burn, the slow death, the death by a thousand cuts. As our democracy is crumbling falling. You know, there are some people that are just like, fuck it, let it all burn down. But I want folks to also recognize that the actions that we are seeing take place on these college campuses that will be the norm everywhere. Cops are a bunch of legalized fucking thugs, right, been saying that when Donald Trump taught them back in twenty seventeen on Long Island where I'm from. Ah, it'll be so nice. You can rough them up a bit, and all those cops laughed and chuckled. They'll do whatever the hell they want to whomever they want. And we know that the police force is filled with a bunch of fucking bigots. It doesn't matter what state you're in. So with a president that gives them the green light to beat the shit out of whomever they want to start disappearing folks, they'll do it because they get to live out their fantasies and their dreams. The stories that, let me tell you something, in New York, the stories that black men, Latino men can tell you about being ruffed up by police starting at the age of like ten. But they don't cover that on the news. Right, because those are those bad neighborhoods that will be everywhere. It will be a license to harass, to torture, to beat, to abuse, and there will be no recourse because, as we've seen, Donald Trump and Maga own the courts, all of them. So I just I tell you, I paint the picture because I can no longer tell people, like I'm saying in good consciousness, to go ahead and vote for Joe Biden. But what I can do is continue to lay out the picture of where we are and what it will look like. You know, some people are willing to roll the dice. I'm not a fucking gambler, and I would rather have an administration that I think can be moved and befind trying to activate people under that administration than under a Trump regime that could cost more people their lives. These are our choices, and they're not fucking great. They really are not. And you know, as I sit here at the beginning of this week, not knowing what this week has in store, it is just it's like holding your breath, you know. And I tell us that, like breathing, is the most important thing that we can do, because if we hold our breath, our muscles clench, you know, and we produce disease, which produces disease. But it's wild to me that Congress people think that right now the best thing to do for America is to bring net in Yahoo here. All you're going to do is trigger god willing inshallah, like some of the biggest protests that we have seen. And then what do you do tell us that we're all crazy? Say, oh, it's all just a bunch of what hamas lovers?
Speaker 2: Me tell you something.
Speaker 1: You know, you live long enough, you see things repeat and as people say, history doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes. That's where we are. And honestly, I don't know how we see ourselves out of this, and I don't know, you know, I know that I'm not the only one that is talking to people and listening to friends and family question whether or not they're going to show up on November fifth and vote for Joe Biden. So many people saying he's lost my vote? How can I blame them? I can't shame them. All I can do is continue to say, well, you know, as bad as things are, and they are really fucking bad, trust me that they can get worse.
Speaker 2: It's not enough.
Speaker 1: That's not a winning argument, and that's the argument that the Biden campaign is trying to make, and it's not sticking. Hold on, folks. That's all I have to keep saying is continue to hold on, to breathe, to take care of yourselves, to take care of those around you, to find respite because we're in for a bumpy fucking ride. That is it for me today, Dear friends on wokef as always, Power to the people and to all the people.
Speaker 2: Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.