Speaker 1: Comes into Oway o Way, sprints up into front court, drives it down to the baseline, flips it up home made Kentucky. He made it like five to play shot from back courts. No, oh my, oh way, face the damn he did it twice. Welcome everybody. It is the Kentucky select Or. No it's not. It's the local Toyota Dealers KSR postgame show. It is two twenty five in the morning. How you go let Mario in? He needs to he needs to get in the house. Yes, uh, I think he's downstairs.
Speaker 2: We are on the roof of our house here in Nashville at two twenty five looking at the blood moon as it is about to occur as the if you go outside right now, the moon is almost completely uh covered.
Speaker 1: And what a night. I mean, this is one of those we'll remember for all time. Kentucky nearly blows a twelve point lead with two minutes ago, a ten point lead with a minute and forty seconds to go, nearly blows it. Then Ohway, for the second time this year, Otaga away hits a shot at the buzzer to beat Oklahoma, and Kentucky moves on to the quarterfinals. In a stunning eighty five to eighty four victory. I have to tell you this has been one of the more memorable days that I of the SEC tournament. Kentucky fans everywhere, Nashville flooded in blue, and then a game where you think it's over, Kentucky just unbelievably collapses down the stretch and then otega Oway for the second time of the year to go against his former team and hit an impossible shot again for the second time this year. I mean that shot left handed while under the basket, literally on the other side of the backboard, to make another game winner. It's just unbelievable. The arena was electric, and there's there's a lot of stuff to talk about, so let's talk about it. Eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. It is amazing to me that, first of all, it's this late. This is the latest that I can ever I think this is the latest we started. Yeah, I think this is the latest. I know this is the latest one we've ever started to twenty six in the morning. It's never been this late. So start with that. All the amazing games today that led it to be late, and a victory that Kentucky really needed. I mean, I think we needed it no matter what. But when you consider how the game played out, the fact that Kentucky you know, was tied with seven minutes to go, actually down one, and then able to with five minutes with two minutes to go in the next five minutes take a twelve point lead, but then almost lose it and then win with the last second shot. I mean, it's it's an insane sort of turn of events. And there's a lot of stuff to say. First of all, what about Oway, right? What a player? I mean, to do this against his former team twice, he will now have his two highest scoring games at Kentucky, barring the rest of the tournament, to be against his former team. I mean, how magical is that? To be able to do and to hit game winners in both shots or in both games. Insane? Kobe Braya gets four threes. When Kobe Bray gets four threes, that's probably a pretty good sign. And he hits them. Kentucky is now thirteen and two. When he hits four threes or more than three or more threes in a game massive shots, I thought Andrew Carr played really well. Colin Chandler I thought played well, Trent Noah played well. You got some contributions early in the second half from Ansley Almanor. I mean, it was a team victory, but then there were some problems. Okay, as good as Kentucky was to allow that game to fall apart at the end of regulation, you know, we're not gonna worry about it because we play again tomorrow. But man, I mean the turnovers, three turnovers in forty seconds, missing free throws. I don't know why Mark Pope didn't call timeouts, but you know what, we'll forget about all of it because of that last shot. And I think that's why it's so crucial. I don't know what's gonna happen in the NCAA tournament, in large part because of Lamont Butler, which we will talk about in a second as well, but they really really needed this one, and you kind of get this situation where I think, for everybody listening right now, take a second if you're listening live. If you're listening on podcast, that's cool too, But take a second. If you're listening live, it's two thirty in the morning. We are having like a once every twenty five years event right now. In our lunar atmosphere. We're celebrating an amazing win at the culmination of an unbelievable season, and we get a game winner in the process. And on a personal level, I'm sitting up here, I have a house full of people, only three of which are still awake. Hubby, Brian and Mario just walked in. Who was filming the moon And like, these kind of moments. Isn't what isn't this What doing the Big Blue Nation thing is about, is staying up into the middle night, having moments like this and getting the feeling you did when he hit that shot. It was unbelievable and it's why we're fans of this team. It's why we enjoy following Kentucky basketball. Now going forward, they play Alabama. I don't know how that's gonna go, especially with the Lamont Butler situation. He got hurt, only played eight minutes. All vibes don't seem good about his future. Mark Pope said it was devastating. I would be surprised if he use that word. If that man he was gonna play again for the rest of the year. They said they're gonna have more imaging and more knowledge tomorrow. Maybe they'll tell us tomorrow. I kinda would be surprised if they do, because they might not want to announce it because they don't want to affect our NCAA tournament seed. If you say Lamont Butler's out, they might drop us from a two or a three to a four. I think it wouldn't surprise me if they don't say it. But the rules have also changed on this, which is they might have to say it. I don't really know because of gambling. I don't really know exactly how that affects it. But for me personally, I'm going into this thinking we probably don't see Lamon again. And so now we have a team where our starting lineup is gonna be o Way Brea, probably Colin Chandler Carr and Williams. That's not really the lineup we thought we were gonna have. Our freshmen, including the two Kentucky kids, are gonna be playing big roles. Garrison and Almonor have to step up. But you know, Mark Pope said after the game, you're gonna have to kill us to beat us, and I think that's true about this team. They're going to leave it all on the court. I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow. I don't know what's gonna happen in the NCAA tournament, but in part because of the win tonight, I'm pretty immensely satisfied with what this team has done. This is a special evening that I hope everybody enjoys and for otega Oway, you get in that group of legends that we think about postseason shots that were huge being made. This will be one people remember, and especially if you're up right now, I know you're gonna remember it as well. A five nine two eighty seven. I don't know how mean is that red? And would you all that red? I don't know. It's definitely unique. They say it's a blood mood. I don't really see red, but either way, it's still a cool sight and we will use it to celebrate the victory over the Red Team Oklahoma and a move to play another one the Crimson Tied tomorrow. This is the Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show. Welcome back. It is the Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show. If you are up and listening live, just send me a little message on the text machine. Seven seven two seven seven four five two five four, and just send me where you're listening from. I like, I'd like to read some of it, Billy said. Billy said, The phone lines lit up the moment we opened them up at two.
Speaker 3: Thirty, the moment I opened them up, all six lines.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's really amazing. That's only here right uh And yeah, I mean this is gonna be a cool one. I'll be honest with you, looking up seeing the moon, got my friends up here on the roof. It's a little cold out here in Nashville. I'm not gonna lie to you, but nevertheless, it's cool. I was gonna have Mario come on and talk about what it was like being in the building because we actually watched it here, but he disappeared. I don't know where he went, so maybe he will come back and we will put Mario on. But as people write in, I want to see where you are. You're listening back on the Butler thing for a minute. You know, this certainly takes the upside for Kentucky down a notch. I mean, the chances of even making a final four or e Laite eight become much more difficult. To be honest with you, but I do think you got to remember the group that's going to be on the floor did win at Tennessee. You know, they did play Alabama on the road and stayed with them for a lot of the game. So I'm not giving up, but I do think there's no doubt that this takes the top upside of the team down a notch. I don't know how you could say say otherwise. All Right, so we've got some people writing him where they are McCreary County, Central City, Louisville, Wayne County, another one from Barberville. Right, We've got Bloomington, Indiana, hopefully it's maybe it's an Indiana fan sad because they can't cheer on their team. Boulder, Colorado, Elizabethtown, Owensboro, Henderson, and they keep coming in eight five to nine, two, eight oh twenty two, eighty seven. Let's get started, Billy here in the middle of the night. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start with Adam Adam.
Speaker 1: How are you Adam?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 4: Matt Jones, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing amazing? What a great night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it's awesome. Uh. Front Row tonight, it was. It was a great night. Got to see Brandon Garrison and Otaga take down you know, the rival. Yeah, just a good night overall.
Speaker 1: Man, it is a great night. I mean it really is. Like, you know, we've kind of forgotten because the last few years, what it's like to win these games in March, right, to have these March moments. You know, we used to have them all the time. We've only won two March games since COVID, one SEC tournament game and one NCAA game. So it's nice to just have it again.
Speaker 4: Dude, you're not kidding. Like I come down here every year with my brother in law Keith, my buddy Troy, Like, we come down every year and it's just nice to come away with a win. Man, it's just really nice.
Speaker 1: You're exactly You're exactly right. Appreciate. Are you down? Are you in Nashville?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got I got my picture made with Mario yesterday and today, so I'm playing on doing that again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: People all people want, like Mario is the most popular person in Nashville. We are going to do the pregame show tomorrow at ten Roof, by the way, so we decided to go ahead and do it in public tomorrow, So we will be there at seven sixth Central, seven Eastern for the pregame show tomorrow, So I hope you'll come.
Speaker 4: By, all right, We'll be there, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. All right, Mario just walked up. I only have one headset here because Ryan has the rest of the equipment, so I have one the headset. So Mario, you well, I don't know, you tell people because I'm not gonna be able to ask you questions. So you're just gonna have to do a monologue here. You tell people where you were and what it was like during but also after the game, because you were in the locker room and you were all that. So I'm gonna hand Mario the headset here just for him to talk.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Mario, al right, guys, here we go, a big win for the Wildcats.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna walk you guys.
Speaker 6: Through how it was, where I was the moment O Tega away hit the game winner.
Speaker 7: All right, So we first started off. I was in the media room.
Speaker 6: I was in the back, you know, watching it with a few other reporters as well.
Speaker 7: And you know, take as soon as he.
Speaker 6: Hit it, I literally ran out the media room, ran down the hallway. A security guard who actually was supposed to be watching the game. I guess, or I guess he saw the game, but he ran across from me and he's celebrating as well, so we're both screaming in the air.
Speaker 7: Another security guard asked me, like.
Speaker 1: What happened? Who won? Who won?
Speaker 7: And I screamed out, Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky.
Speaker 6: I ran all the way to the to the very end of the tunnel where I or I'm restricted, so I can't go out to the court, So I stopped right there and then I just literally saw I saw like fans going crazy through the tunnel. And then you know, we we fast forward to when the Kentucky players are coming out first, the coaching staff comes out, and you know, we're seeing their their express I'm seeing their expressions and how excited they are. Uh I'm If you see the video that I posted online, you can see Kirk Crisa. He he had a very interesting reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Uh, he was very relatable.
Speaker 6: And then, uh, the probably my favorite reaction out of out of all of it was, uh, Mark Pope walking down with the take it away.
Speaker 7: He had his hand around his back and you know, they celebrate.
Speaker 6: It was a big it was a big moment for for Kentucky and the Kentucky fan base in general.
Speaker 7: Man, So I'm gonna headed it off back to Matt, let him close it out.
Speaker 1: Well, a long way to go before we close it out, but nice model there by, Mario. I'm gonna be complaining tomorrow on the show about how the SEC is treaty Mario. But to direct it, yeah, they were straight. He won't even let it in the court, which makes me mad. But nevertheless, A great video that's online right now, by the way, is Brandon Garrison when it's when the game is over. He is waving his finger in his hands, waving at the Oklahoma players and fans, and Mitch Barnhardt is yelling at him and telling him to stop it so he doesn't get a technical. Mitch's scolding Brandon Garrison. If you haven't seen that video, that's on my Twitter account. Dylan Ballard shot it. You need to see it, all right, who's next, Billy Baker? Baker? How are you Baker?
Speaker 5: Hey? How's it going? Brother?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, doing well, doing well? Man.
Speaker 1: Good at your birthday. That's awesome, Happy birthday.
Speaker 10: It's my birthday. I don't even know what's better, honestly, the way game winner man, or just cal losing the old miss Bro. So I don't know how much choose.
Speaker 1: Now the way games winner better. Look, I was pulling for old Miss and I'm not gonna like like I wasn't, but it's still better for us to win. You know this, this is an awesome win.
Speaker 10: You know, I was watching the game with my little brothers. Man, we were just going crazy down in our basement, and you know, whenever we were down by one, I just sudden like this is a pretty crappy start for a birthday. Then he hit that game winner. All our members, you know, just running outside taking my shirt off and almost getting hit by a car on Todd's road.
Speaker 1: Man, so well, try not to get a hit by a car with your shirt off on Todd's road. But nevertheless, glad you had a good time and big win and happy birthday.
Speaker 10: Sir, Yes, sir, appreciation man, go cassirow Bro.
Speaker 1: I hope so eight five nine two eight zero twenty two eighty seven. This has been quite a day. I mean we started at ten roof pregame show started at nine am and there just to give you a scene for those of you that are not in Nashville. There are a ton of Kentucky fans here. I suspect there might even be more here tomorrow. I mean, I think now this is what I would say if you are in Kentucky and you had all wonder, you ought to come, even if you don't end up going into the game, because you know it is it can be hard to get tickets. There are you know ten roof is playing the game with the sound uh if you you know, if you're in Lexington, go to kspart like, go to somewhere collective and kind of feel the energy. Because one of the things I do think is special about this team is regardless of what happens tomorrow or what happens in the NCAA tournament, there is a love for this team that is really strong. And the cynicism that tends to happen over time probably what happens to every coach and will happen to Mark Pope. It hasn't happened yet with this group, right, and so this is kind of a special, special one to be around. And if you if you have if you live close to Nashville, just take a drive and come here. Even if you don't even go up to the games. I think you'll enjoy just being in the city and being in the vibes. And plus the bad weather doesn't get here on Saturday. So next, Nathan, Nathan, Go ahead, Nathan.
Speaker 5: I'm at how you doing doing good?
Speaker 9: I have been up for thirty six hours, no sleep. I drew up from Tuscalusa this morning, was at the pregame show and man, I am on adrenaline. That game was something else.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you got up so you didn't sleep last night? You came from Tuscaloosa straight to the pregame show this morning? I do, I do.
Speaker 9: I go to school at Alabama, but I'm Blee Blue and I have not slept on driving back right out, I'm at BUCkies. And I went to the CHU tournament last two years and it.
Speaker 10: Left the Fountain time out.
Speaker 1: But man, it was worth it this year. Wow. So what time did you get up this morning to come from Tuscaloosa for there for the show? This morning?
Speaker 9: I left Tuscoots at one am. I got to Nashville at four thirty, got a line at six thirty, and yeah, I've been riding the day ever since. Went the bull sessions and I'm not gonna the line.
Speaker 11: When when I shot.
Speaker 9: That Oklahoma hit, I walked out of the arena, I said, I.
Speaker 1: Can't do it.
Speaker 9: So I looked to the monitor. I saw it was Tega driving to the basket. I ran my butt to the entrance of like where you can see, and I just saw everyone go crazy.
Speaker 12: Man, it was something else.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that is awesome, dude. First of all, you saw maybe the best day of the SEC Tournament ever. I mean, I'm not sure. Yeah, Mississippi, Missippi State, Missouri was a little bit of a you know, it wasn't quite as good, but you saw you know, a buzzer beater in the Arkansas game, double overtime in the Texas game, and then this one might be the best SEC Tournament day with four games ever in its history. I think that was probably worth the drive. Man, be careful going back to tuscalo Think about that.
Speaker 8: Appreciate thank you.
Speaker 1: Think about that, Hovey, Brian, that's a young person thing, right, Get up, leave your house at one am from Tuscaloosa, driving to Nashville, getting line at six thirty for the KSR show. And now he's driving back to Tuscaloosa in the middle of the hashtag driven that's exactly right. That is a young person thing. It's starting to look red. Hubby, look at that. Now, that's a that's a blood moon right there? That is a that's a that's a blood moon. Who's next, Matt?
Speaker 3: He was ready to leave. Did you have any issues watching the end of that game? I know you normally have.
Speaker 1: I watched, well, you know, all my friends are here and we were all watching it, so I thought it would be wimpy for me to go and get in the shower. But I would have if I was by myself, I would have because I you know, I never felt good about it. I won't say who. I had a couple of people in this group say it's over. I never felt good about it. We missed a couple one and we missed like we had two free throws a couple of times, only made one. I really started to feel bad when Amari turned it over when we were up seven, and Amari turned it over and made it a five point game. I in the old car then had two free throws and he only made one, which keeps in a two possession game. Yeah, I never felt great about it. Now, I didn't suspect we'd be down one. But I mean, let's appreciate that shot. Oh way, mate, by the way left handed. If you go back and look, he is under the backboard when he takes that shot. That is an amazing shot he had and to do it the way he did. I will say this though, Billy, would you like a little secret that I'm only gonna say here. I'm not gonna say this Toime.
Speaker 3: I would love a two forty eight in the morning secret.
Speaker 1: So you know, Butler went out of the game with twelve minutes to go in the first half, and then they didn't mention it on the TV broadcast the whole time. So Tyler Thompson tweeted that he'd gone to locker room. But if you were only watching the game on TV as most of you listening work, they didn't even mention it. And they were talking about how Kentucky was doing this and doing that and not doing that, and I'm like, are they not gonna note that the point guard is out and is in the locker room. So, Billy, with a minute and a half to go, I just texted Jimmy Dion him I did, and I go Jimmy Lamont Butler is in the locker room and not playing Like I was like, how come you aren't mentioning it? And then like forty five seconds later he mentioned yes shortly after podcast and he sends me a thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was definitely you. Then I don't if he said thumbs up.
Speaker 1: I know, of course. I think like I think from this condo Airbnb in Nashville, I think I was the one that told Jimmy Dykes that Lamon Butler was not in the game. Wow. So I can say that at two forty eight in the morning. But we'll just leave that between us. Who's next, Garrett, Garrett? How are you? Garrett?
Speaker 12: Hey man? How it's going for that a long time?
Speaker 1: Who are What's up?
Speaker 4: Archie?
Speaker 12: Glad that we have a coach that cares about winning in the SEC tournament. We don't have somebody who loses the ole miss when they choke the game.
Speaker 1: Well we almost choked. But I do love that he said.
Speaker 12: Well, well we did choke because we have a real coach that cares about winning the game. We don't have somebody like Cali Perry that tells Brazil to missiles last second throws.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. That he told him that, but but I appreciate the call. I do love that after the game, you can tell how much it means to Pope. He sat there and said in that interview if you haven't seen it on the SEC network, he had that interview where he talked about how special it was to him to win. You know, I'm sure in that moment, Cal wanted Brazil to make him, but Pope really wants to win games here. And you know, let's be real, it's gonna be hard for us to win this tournament, especially now that we don't have Butler. But we got this one, and this is, uh, this is I think a really big win for the fan base. I actually think this is a really big win for the span, especially if Lamont Butler's out for the year. I think this will be one the fan base holds on too for a long time, to be honest with you, especially how it played out. If we had won that game by eleven, it would have been nice. But oddly, I think it'll be bigger to people because we gave up the lead and then hit the hit the game win.
Speaker 3: Well, if they would have lost like that, it'd been a little toxic.
Speaker 1: Don't you think, yeah, it wouldn't have been good, but let's not think about it, and I mean it wouldn't have been good. I agree. I also say my friend Dwayne spoiled the game because my friend Dwayne was looking at his phone and you know, if you watch it on YouTube TV, it's like a minute behind. He was looking on his phone, and right before they inbounded it, he just looked at me and goes, it's gonna be alright, you got it. I promise you he did.
Speaker 3: Did he really?
Speaker 1: Yes, he spoiled it. He just looked at me and goes, yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be alright, you got it, boo. But it made it to where I wasn't as nervous because I was like, we already. But he did spoil the ing of the game. But he's a Tennessee fan. What do you expect? Who's next? John? John? Go ahead? John?
Speaker 11: All right, Matt, how about our Tattenham Hotspur finally winning a game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Ark Wildcats also winning their first SEC tournament games is twenty nineteen on the same night as there's a good board moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, we noted that early. Now it's really red like you can actually see the red right now.
Speaker 11: And I'm up here. I'm up here in eastern Kentucky and it's kind of cloudy and we can't see it, but you can see like a light red tent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you can see it. I couldn't see it like it's It didn't look red to me, but now it looks a little it looks a little red. You're right. I appreciate the call. Sorry, it's cloudy and eastern.
Speaker 11: Stars are aligning. The stars are a line.
Speaker 1: Of they are, Andy Basher, you know what he ought to do. I appreciate it because remember Louisville one on a buzzer beater today too, Andy Basheer should just by executive order, just cancel work tomorrow in Kentucky, right he should, like, why not Louisville one on a buzzer beater. We are one on a buzzer beater, both teams tomorrow night. Just cancel work. Who's going?
Speaker 5: My?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've learned in the last two and a half months people can do a lot of things you didn't think they can do. So why can't he just cancel work in Kentucky tomorrow? Who's next?
Speaker 3: Jimmy?
Speaker 1: Jimmy How are you, Jimmy, I'm wonderful. Matt, how are you doing good?
Speaker 13: Actually, man a, I'm I'm a first time caller, but my wife's a long time listener. She's from Wilmore and I got to say in twenty fourteen when we got together, she adopted the Cubs and I adopted the UK, and everybody said that I got the winner, and you did you get the win? Cubs? We got the winner. But now it's the first time I'm able to truly embrace a UK team, being a childhood nineties from Chicago. What Oway did tonight that final reverse lay up with that left hand? Jordan asked, my man.
Speaker 1: That is great. So you you were not a Kentucky fan until you married your wife and now you.
Speaker 13: Are, Yes, sir, Yeah, No, I went to a culinary school and we didn't even have a debate team.
Speaker 1: Well good, Well, first of all, it's nice to have you. Uh, if you're ever in Lexington, come say hello at the bar and enjoy a big celebration. We appreciate your call.
Speaker 13: We saw you at the bar for the South Carolina game. My man, we were there. You guys got great wing sauce. Highly recommend the wings at ks are.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. I appreciate it a f I've nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. There's some great videos and stuff on my me Ma, who was on the show yesterday. She's with Oway's parents she met after the game. Uh, there's a lot of just cool videos backstage and everything else to celebrate af I'm nine two twenty two eighty seven. Let's take a break. It is nearly three in the morning. Billy, are you even going to go home? Because you have the pre show it now?
Speaker 3: I got to decide that. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I saw your wife told you just to staying down there, so maybe you should. I'm making Ryan and Drew Shannon come to this house tomorrow. I was like, because they're already in bed.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm surprised here tonight.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, you're there coming. I'm making them come here tomorrow. We'll take a break. Be right back. It's the Local Toy Dealers KSR Post game Show. Welcome back. It is the Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show. Billy just told me during the break that Jack Gibbons said that the injury to Butler was a little bit of a different injury than he had last time. So I don't know if that's good or bad. To be honest with you, it's probably not good, but I don't know. I don't know now. During the break, Hubby and Brian told me they were going to bed, and I said, you're not allowed to go to bed. I came outside to sit here and look at this moon with you all. So you're finishing this thirty minutes because it's now red, it's magenta and uh, and we are going to stay out here together. Then Mario said I gotta go. I assumed he was whipping out and going to bed. And Mario, you're going to the bar. It is three am, son, Where are you going? What time the bar's closing? Nashville? Don't aren't they closed? Like the one you're going to is Wait, maite, you go into like an after hours club? Wait? Where are you going? It's two am local time. You're going out right now. I'm telling you better not wake me up when you when you come back. If you wake me up, all right, get out of here, go to your bar. Be careful. I feel like I'm his dad telling him where's he going if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Heather?
Speaker 1: Heather, go ahead, Heather. Heather's back. Oh, Heather's back. How are you, Heather?
Speaker 14: It's me, It's me.
Speaker 1: It's either b Okay, So is the fact that we won the game all last second shot and we've got the blood moon? Does this mean you've forgiven Billy?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yes, I told he's been.
Speaker 1: Okay, good see, we're all on the same side here, Hea, good glad to hear it. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 14: And that failure that said it was cloudy and they's drinking tukey. I don't know where he's at, but here in Pyte County I can see it plain as day.
Speaker 1: So good. Well, I'm glad you. I'm glad you can't.
Speaker 14: And one thing that stuck out that made me mad as carn is they did not call the fowl when Chandler got elbowed and he had like the blood Tyler Tyler ewis, Yeah, that's right, squawk. And then Brea and Oway combined for forty nine points.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing. Well, we're gonna need him to keep doing it, Heather, I mean, without without Butler, without Robinson, We're gonna have to have more of those nights from those guys, probably, yes.
Speaker 14: And I got chills listening to Mario. We'll a goo just talking about the end of the game. So I don't know how anybody is supposed to go sleep tonight. I wish I was in nice with everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I wish you were too. Thank you, Heather, and uh yeah, I appreciate the car. We should talk a second about it officiating, because I know that's you know, if you've listened to the show, I don't like to talk about officiating. I will say, however, you know, most of the calls. Most of the calls were what you know, there were we got some bad ones.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: They didn't call the foul though on Garrison when he threw that gull on the ground. I will say, though, if you go back and look when it was eighty three eighty and we were up three and Car got trapped in that corner, that that that's crime. They didn't call that. I mean, he got grabbed and they took the ball, and let I mean, if they call that foul, and even if he just makes one, game's probably over. Instead they don't call it. They come down and get the layup. You got to call that was a That was a really really bad miss call down the straight stretch. You cannot let him just grab him and take the ball from him. Now, the second turnover that Oway made, that was just on him, and I I gotta say to Mark Pope, hey man, you got to call time out all right. Your team was clearly out of swords. You've got to call time out. And why was Amari in the game when we were up seven and he turned it over? I mean, I know Amari does that point center thing, but he can't be the dude in a press to bring the ball. He's not even a good free throw shooter, So why are you inbounding it to him? He's gonna get fat. He's not even a good free throw shooter. He should and then Pope didn't have him in the rest of the game, But why is he in right there? So I was a little frustrated at the decision to have a Mari in to inbound it to him because Amaro didn't really have a good game, and then not call time out after that like that was I mean, those are big time questions. If we had one would have been a big part of the show. Thankfully we did win, so it doesn't matter. And shout out to my mom. First of all, shout out to my friends Hubie and Brian for sitting up here with me at three am. Also shout out to my mom who is listening in Middlesborough, Kentucky right now at three am. How nice is that look? Thank you very much, Love you mom. Who's next? Soul Train? Soul Trained? How are you going? Oh Matt Jones, what's going on? Oh?
Speaker 15: Man? That game was unbelievable, I tell you, I mean always saved the day once again. I'm over here saying, oh, Spaghettios, you know the double o's, you know, I mean we're double z bow. You know, he was, he was the man. But like, one thing I noticed from this game, Kentucky has to have a killer instinct. I know where you know Lamont Butler you know, has some issues with his shoulder and where. And we're without Jackson Robinson for the year. But like, we got the potential to win the SEC. And call me crazy, but I also believe we have everything that we need to have to win Banner number nine in the NCAA.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's be let's try to beat Alabama tomor I mean, right now, we got we only have nine guys. We only have nine healthy players, and three of them are guys who probably didn't wo probably didn't even think they were gonna play this year, uh with Chandler Perry and so that's three of the city. I mean, Colin Chandler went from and I appreciate the call. Nice hearing from you Soul Train four weeks ago, Colin Chandler didn't ever get in too. He's gonna be the starting point guard it gets to Alabama. So I just want you to think about that for a second. He didn't even play four weeks ago. He was not even getting off the bench. And he is going to start at point guard against Mark Sears tomorrow night in Nashville. That's kind of amazing. These two will know this guy even if nobody else does. Carry Bruce just wrote in at three am, I'm watching the moon. It's an awesome night. I gave it hell tonight, love you guys. I'm listening on iHeart. Thank you Carry Bryce. So we had a good time with you tonight. Who's next? Hunter? How are you Hunter?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 8: Hunter, Matt Billy, how are we doing tonight.
Speaker 1: We're doing great.
Speaker 16: Hey, it's one am over here in northern Unfortunately, I'm we're in a little bit of snowstorm, so can't see that blood man tonight. So look at a little extra hard for me.
Speaker 1: I will do it.
Speaker 16: Two comments and then question as far as like, you know, this game is fantastic start to finish, Even when we were up eleven, I just had this gut feeling that, you know, we weren't. This game was far from over. My dad, I was fortunate enough that this is the first time the season that me, my brother, and my dad were all able to watch the game in one place at the same time. And that is just a huge special moment for me. He's always working constantly and so like, you know, this season's almost over. Like you know, nothing is guaranteed. This could be the last game. This could be the last win of the season. Hopefully not.
Speaker 1: It could be, but I think that's important to say. I don't think it will be because I think we'll be a three seed. I think we'll win that first round game. But you're right, this could be the last one of the season, and I do hope people soak it up because I do think this is one. I mean, when when you're listing the great SEC tournament moments for Kentucky, this one's gonna be on it. This is gonna be up there with you know, Rhodes missing the free throws but we still win the game, Wall and Cousins right, the Tyler Euless performance, Dominie Halkins, like all those things that we've said over the years. I think this game is gonna be up there. I think people are gonna remember it like that.
Speaker 16: Exactly. And that's and that's the biggest thing. Means like, what a what a win to go off on If this is the last one is insane. My question for you is, I did a lot of reflection about this season. Is this the biggest what if team in the season? What if we had all the injuries that didn't have injuries?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the biggest. I mean, I still think for me, my biggest what ifs are always gonna be what if Poythrist didn't get hurt in twenty fifteen? What if Keith Bogan's didn't get hurt in two thousand and three? Those are probably the two they'll sit with me. Some people say, Derek Anderson in ninety seven, although we still made championship game. But this one's gonna be I mean, this one's gonna be one for sure. I mean, if we lose Lamontte Butler, you're losing arguably your two best players, you know, I mean, at least on at least on paper before the season started. Oway has certainly risen up the up the charts. But yeah, it's gonna be a what if. But you know, I think this team is overperformed as is, and so you know, whereas in O three and fifteen and even ninety seven, I think those were championship contending teams. I don't know if this one was. But it will be a what if team, But it's not over. I appreciate the call. You know, let's use the bracketology right now. Can this group of guys right here beat Utah Valley, Illinois and Texas Tech and get to the Elite eight? Yes they can. They can't. I'm not saying they will, but they can't. Now can they beat Duke Auburn, Alabama, UH, Florida Houston. I don't know if they can do that. We'll find out one tomorrow night. But can they still do something yeah, I think they can. So, uh, you know, I'm not giving up yet. Let's do one more and we'll take our final break. Who's that, Sean, Sean, how are you showing?
Speaker 5: Hey, Matt As y'all were just saying, this does fall into that you know, lore of sec great wins and stuff, and the thing that I think what you were touching on. We've got to stay this is a huge night. We've got to not worry about what's going to happen tomorrow or next week, because who knows what's going to you know, maybe Butler's is going to be back for the tournament or whatever, and we do. You know, these moments don't come very often, and we've definitely had a drought with it. And we played well for the first thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: I agree, that's.
Speaker 5: Probably that, but that last two minutes we probably hadn't had that combination of players in that situation all probably not. It's not like we were able to practice that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean that's I want to let me go before I let you finish. Let me go on that point at the end of the game, once he just took Amari out because of that turnover, I want you to think about who was in the game at that point. The lineup was Oway, Chandler, Noah, Car and almondor or Car and Bray. Excuse me, I think you're right. I bet that group doesn't even run together in practice ever, you know what I mean, Like, that's just not a group that's probably ever on the court together. So I think you're exactly right. You got to say, well, nice, it was a great, great fit. You know, it's great that we won, considering that.
Speaker 5: Exactly we survive, We get to play a little bit later on today here and now that group we'll have us some time if they are back in that situation again. But uh, with and everybody's been talking about the moon. Starting with the twelve minute time out, I would go outside on the patio and it was a beautiful moon, and then I just watched the eclipse. With each time out there helped ease the tension of the of the game, there by following the progress of that. But like I said, we just need to take a deep breath and enjoy, you know, enjoy, Totally agree, it's a fantastic morning.
Speaker 1: Totally agree. Appreciate the call you This is one to enjoy because you don't. I mean, we've only won one of these games at the SEC Tournament in five years, and one in Nashville since twenty nineteen, so we should take a second enjoy it. All right, We're gonna take our final break. The moon is fully eclipsed, it is red, and we will be back and take the final group of calls. Probably gonna be a little bit short, but give us a break. It's three ten, and I got another show coming up in six hours and fifty minutes. We'll take a break and be right back. It's a Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show, walking back. It is the Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show Final segment EF. I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. One person on the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four says, is Mario the new Drew going out this time of morning and then waking up in time of the show. Maybe maybe Drew is the new Matt. Matt is new Ryan? And Ryan is just in an old folks home.
Speaker 3: But aren't the bars closed this late?
Speaker 1: Like? Where is Yeah? But I asked him where the bar? I asked him if the bars are closed? And he said, not the one I'm going to. So that's the kind of thing Drew just said ten years ago. Ten years ago, Drew would have given me that answer. So, uh so, Mario's a new Drew. I think a twenty two eighty seven. Well, actually you don't even need that. Well, we have five six on right now, at six on all six we'll just finish it up with these. Who's up first, Luke, Luke, go ahead, Luke.
Speaker 17: Hey, Matt, I am headed back from Nashville. I got off work, it's a little after five, hopped on the internet, looked at tickets, and I was like for hoops and gigs. I called the old man. We drove, flew down to Nashville, made it from Etown to Nashville in an hour and a half. Never done it that fast. But being there was amazing and it was just absolutely outstanding. I had a dude at one point in the skyboxes behind me throw a piece of ice at me and tell me to sit down.
Speaker 11: So I told him to kiss my ass.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and I think it's an appropriate response. But I want to say one thing, one other thing real quick, and that is otega Oway that there was a time early in the season that we questioned it this team was, you know, physically tough, and obviously that was that was not. Really that's a question that is more than an answered. They're obviously tough, but I think also the mental toughness. Ohway made an obvious mistake right before that to give them the lead turning that ball over, But to have the mental toughness to go back into the huddle, to calm down, come out and have the concentration and focus to know exactly how much times on o'clock to get downhill and to make a very very difficult shot that is really really impressive to me. And I think that's part of the reason that they've been able to survive and play as well as they have with all these injuries, is that this team is mentally tough. And that starts with the coach, and that starts with the culture that Mark Pope has built. And I've always said this season to me, if you make the Sweet sixteen, I'm celebrating like it's a final four. I now feel like, just get to the round of thirty two, roll the balls out and see what happens, assuming that is out for the rest of.
Speaker 1: The agree with all that, and I think you make a great point. I appreciate the call. I think your whole point about Oway is great. I mean, this team is I think Oway and Carr have both been very tough, but Oway especially, I mean, he just takes hit after hit and keeps going. I don't know that Oway is the most talented player in the world, but he's got a ton of heart and he puts the team on his shoulders. And uh, you know, I mean that shot was amazing. But you're exactly right. He made three bad plays in like the last twenty seconds. I mean the past, the car, the turnover, and then he got burned by fears on the defensive end. He put all that to the side, drove and scored the winning play. That's toughness, right there. Five more. Who's next, Garrett, Garrett? Go ahead, Garrett.
Speaker 18: Hey, Matt, big fan of the show.
Speaker 10: A couple of things.
Speaker 19: Have you ever been to Wingo, Kentucky?
Speaker 1: I have not been to Wingo, Kentucky. Where is it West Graves County? Okay? No, I haven't been there?
Speaker 18: Yes, Okay, Well, two weeks ago I was in my baby moon in Orlando and Disney World and Otago Away hit the game winner and I woke up half of the hotel. Yeah, and so I'm debating on running by the wife and we can get Otaga as a middle name.
Speaker 1: Like that, you know, I feel like, why can't you? I think Otaga is a middle name, is a great middle name. I like it can what's the first name? Go be jet jet jet Otaga. That's quite a name. I tell you what you'll be. It'll be unique. You'll never meet another jet Otaga the rest of your life. So I say do it.
Speaker 18: And see, I'm gonna tell her We've got the Matt Jones blessing.
Speaker 1: And that's that should that should be one people one thing people know about me. I know how to name baby, So thank you very much. I appreciate the call. Jet Otaga is would be uh would be a great name. That's right. That tickled Hovey over there, although at three eighteen in the morning, I think anything would tickle Hoby four more. Who's next, Mariah? Mariah? How are you? Mariah?
Speaker 20: I'm good, all right?
Speaker 15: How are you good?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 20: First time? Short time? Oh So, I'm a Michigan State University Spartans fan, but I out from the Bloomington, Indiana area, listening in Barstown, Kentucky and Nelson County. Uh, my man and I we listened to y'all all the time. Back yesterday we were in the You're welcome. We were in the Lexington area for me the first time, so I'm not from Kentucky. And I told him. I was like, hey, you know, what'd be cool? Like, what's that? I said? I know I can't go inside, but it'd be nice to see Reperena where the Wildcats play, because let me tell you, I've been watching Kentucky and getting into it since they first did the whole Blue Madness.
Speaker 5: Thing, and I'm actually getting to I've.
Speaker 20: Been watching this more religiously than the Spartans game, so don't tell me about that. AnyWho. I was like, it'd be nice to see Raperena. So he took me. We went out of our way and he took me to see Reparena for the first time in my life, and that was awesome. And then you take my call the next day.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy.
Speaker 20: I hurt my voice and I may or may not have shed some tears, but well, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, and I hope you and your Naan enjoyed the game and I'll cheer for the Spartans. I like Tom Izzoh, so I appreciate the call. Go Spartans, Go Cats three more. Who's next? Rex, Rex, go ahead, Rex?
Speaker 19: Hey, Matt, first time, long time?
Speaker 1: Who what's up?
Speaker 19: So I'm calling from Dallas, Texas, and I got a lot of O you and Arkansas fans that live here because they couldn't get into Texas A and m or ut, all right, and so I've been dealing with a lot of that and I'm hoping they're going to enjoy their game out in Dayton. But I just wanted to give a shout out to Ed and Karen and then lastly, love what Pope's doing. Got a little nervous at the end. Gave me kind of flashbacks of cal But I know we don't want to get into that, and I think he's doing a great job.
Speaker 5: But that was kind of nerve ruck intend.
Speaker 1: So that was wrecky, and I think he'll and I appreciate the call, and I think he'll probably look go back and look at that tape when the tournament's over and kind of read just because that was a poor that that was really poor. I mean, starting with when we were when they oway had a really really bad foul. When it was like we were up ten or eleven, he reached. There was no reason to reach there, and he did. I thought the continuation and one. I mean, they started calling that in college and allowing that they didn't used to do that. I'm kind of surprised with that. But then it really started collapsing up seven when they inbounded the ball to Amary. I still don't even know why he was in. I don't know why they inbounded it. It fell apart after that, and I think they need to go back and evaluate before the NCAA tournament. They don't have time to do it before tomorrow. So now you just put it behind you and we go do the best we can against Alabama.
Speaker 3: Who's next, Darryl?
Speaker 1: Darryl? Two more?
Speaker 5: We got Darryl hey Man. I appreciate you guys, what you guys are doing for us at Big Blue Mation. And I'm outside right now here in Bagdad been taking some pictures of the blue moon. It's been a blessed night while.
Speaker 1: Then it's red in Nashville? Is it blue tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm blue, but it's re red.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, dear good deal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, a great game and I think they'll I think they'll clobber Alabama.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you. Oh, there are five and a half point favorite DraftKings just released the line, so five and a half points. Hopefully we'll be able to get it done. Thank you very much for the call. Let's do one more and we'll finish up. Who's next, Jeff? Jeff? What are you doing? Jeff?
Speaker 5: What's up? Matt?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 1: I'm here?
Speaker 8: Hey, Now, I've listened to your show for years. You know, I think that you are a believer in superstition?
Speaker 5: Are you? Or are you not?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: Some?
Speaker 1: Yeah, occasionally I certainly have my get the shower moments.
Speaker 8: My biggest question I have. I had my own superstition I did for tonight. But why have you not called that dude doctor out west that had the incidence that Ryan got wet and not like had them overnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well, here's the thing, though, the first and second round of the NCAA Tournament might be in Denver and we might be out there to see him again. What do you think about that? Just to I thought about that we may be going back there, and if we.
Speaker 8: Do well, yeah, but what if we don't if we don't want.
Speaker 1: It, Well, yeah, I know that I can't remember. I can look it up, I can find it. But it's very it was a huge place. We'll find it. You don't worry about that. Let's just play Alabama tomorrow. I think we might end up in Denver, and if we do, then you know where we're going. I appreciate the calling. Thank you very much for a listening. Hey, what a night, right, great win, great shot, great memories. It's kind of fitting here at three twenty four in the morning, I'm sitting next to the Gameuy Hubby who twenty years ago this year helped me start KSR the website, and twenty years later, at three twenty four, we are celebrating a massive win in front of a red moon as the Cats get one that goes down in the history books. And he's just giggling because well he's been up for a while and you know that's the way it goes. But thank you all very much. He ruins my special moment, but that's okay, That's why I love him. Kentucky gets to the victory eighty five eighty four. Billy, thank you for staying up and thank you all the listeners. Seriously, you make this you make it great. This will officially be the latest KSR postgame show I would assume, Billy, Ever, I don't know that we'll ever have won this late again. Do you think I think it would be highly unlikely? Yeah, I think you're that it'll ever go this late ever again. So thank you for being four up here for it. I'm gonna go and try to go to bed, and then we will be back at ten am from this same house with Ryan, Drew and Shannon and I. We will see you later. Cats win Alabama tomorrow night at nine thirty pregame at ten, roof at seven. This has been the Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show