Speaker 1: I want to tell you about in Viroquins. If you are like me, you've got asthma, maybe you are allergic to a lot of different things, pollen or dust. My wife is just unbelievable allergic to dust. You have got to check out in viroquins. You need to choose an air purifier, literally, like your life depends on it. And this is something that is incredible. Look, no matter where you live, you're probably gonna deal with bad air quality. This year alone, there's been thirty five thousand wildfires that have devastated the US. Toxins and particles and wildfire smoke can penetrate our lungs and threatn our health. And that's why Enviraquins developed military grade air purification for your home. I have this in my bedroom, and this thing is a game changer. They just announced their biggest sale of the year. You can save a massive thirty percent off during their Labor Day sale. And Viroquins is specifically designed to wipe out airborne chemicals and virus is known to call illness, allergies, and difficulty breathing. Even toxic gases and particles found in wildfare smoke are no match for enviro Quins. That's why the US Navy selected Enviroquins to protect and purify the air in their facilities. And the Viralquins comes with a free professional air quality monitor, so you know your family's breathing purified air. Now is the time to save thirty percent off your air purification unit, get the free air quality monitor and fast free shipping. That's a two hundred and fifty dollars savings right there. Go to ekpure dot com. That's ekpure dot com. Use promo code Verdict, that's ekpure dot com. Use promo code Verdict and save the biggest savings of the year.
Speaker 2: Doc Phil Part two, Nice to have you with us today as well as we're talking about America, American families and everything that's going on this country. Plus we're going to get into a very important issue and that is the issue of COVID and what impact it had on the families in this country.
Speaker 3: Well, and I've got to say this has been fascinating. We've covered a lot of topics that Verdict typically doesn't get into. We've we've covered being a parent, being a spouse, we've covered the mental health challenges facing our kids, and we've talked about the desperate, neat need for truth. And I will say, if you didn't listen to part one, go back and listen to part one, because you're not gonna want to miss the discussion from doctor Phil unplugged in a way you may you may not have seen him before, but saying things that need to be said and demonstrating an enormous amount of courage.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm like a bad rash. You can't get rid of me.
Speaker 2: Work ethic in society today. As parents, you want to raise your kids to love the Lord, you want to raise your kids to have manners. But we're being undermind. Parents are being in her mind with work ethic.
Speaker 4: We're a double income society, and you have both parents working so much that they're just really burning the candle at both ends, and some of those fundamentals really aren't being focused on. And you say, how do we how do we get the work ethic Sentater and I were talking earlier. You and I are so aligned in focus because I said, meritocracy is so important to me if we lose that, and you know right now, we've got a government that wants to give everything to everybody for free, and we're teaching people that you don't have to work hard for what you want, and the statistics are staggering. If people spend month after month after month not full time working, they're off work, like during the pandemic, the chance of them coming back. Everybody thought when the pandemic was over, it was going to look like that scene in the movie Grease at the end of the school year where those doors flung open and it was a carnival and everybody comes running out. And it wasn't that way at all. People were intimidated. Things they used to take for granted were now intimidating. And when you don't hold people to a standard, then I've spent a lot of time in rehab. And I'm not talking about drug rehab. I'm talking about rehabilitating people with brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. And if it takes someone that has had that kind of injury and they need to turn the light on and it takes them three minutes to get over there to do it, or you could walk over and do it for them, you need to require them to do one hundred percent of what they're able to do or they'll never get to the next level. And so you ask me, how do we get them to do that by requiring them to do everything they can do every chance we get to do it. And right now, almost a third of fifth and eighth graders can't read at the most fundamental level. They can't read a sentence, And the question is how did they get into fifth grade? How did they get in the eighth grade? Nineteen percent of high school graduates can't read. They cannot read. How do you graduate high school if you can't read in the first, second, and third grade. You learned to read from the fourth grade on. You read to learn. So if you don't learn to read in those first three grades, you don't have that tool to learn the rest of your life. And if teachers are going to pass them either way, then you're just setting them up to fail.
Speaker 5: It's utterly destructive. You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things you mentioned in that answer is you talked about coming out of COVID, and I'd be interested in your judgment on what was the damage that was done from a mental health perspective from the shutdowns we had across the country, and what was the damage in particular to kids from tens of millions of kids across this country, their schools shut down for a year or more.
Speaker 5: And what what do you see as the consequences of.
Speaker 4: Those policies When they shut down this country in the schools at the beginning of COVID and said this is going to be for a couple of weeks, I said, I get it. When it turned into a month or two months, I went public and said, what you're doing is going to create more damage and more loss of life than the virus itself.
Speaker 2: So you saw it before a lot of people did well.
Speaker 4: I actually said it and got called a complete idiot.
Speaker 5: I've never had that happen to me neither.
Speaker 4: I got called a complete I got attacked from every possible way you can. And I said, I stand by what I say, and I said it. I think I've got fifteen clips of different times that I said shutting this country down and taking our kids out of school for a prolonged period of time, and the epidemiological pediatricians estimate that it will cost somewhere around fifteen million years of life lost for these kids. And they figure that because you got roughly fifty million kids in public school plus the private schools, and because of what they lost, they will never close that gap, and with lesser educational achievement, they will get lesser jobs, lesser jobs or usually higher risk jobs because they're blue collar and they're working with machinery and construction and things where they get injured. They have poor health covery, which means they get slower diagnosis and lesser care, and so it obtains with years of life shaved off the end of their lives. And what gets me is they did this. The same agencies that advocated for this are the same agencies that had the records that said, we have the highest levels of anxiety, depression, and loneliness among our children than we've had since records were being kept. So let's shut down the schools which we know are essential to their development. It's like throwing gas on a fire. And that doesn't even take into account that mandated reporters are in these schools who report child abuse and molestation, and referrals to the Department of Child and Family Services dropped in some areas fifty to sixty percent. And trust me, abuse molestation did not drop fifty to sixty percent. We simply rendered those children alone with their abusers for two years without eyes on them to report it. To people that could help them. We simply abandoned them to their abusers. And so many of these children relied on those schools for at least one, if not two, meals per day. We took that away. And some say, well, but they delivered those meals. Some got them delivered, some didn't. So we created a huge educational gap. We abandoned the abused and molested children to their abusers and molesters. And nobody has done anything to close the gap utterly other than that, no problem, you know.
Speaker 3: I'll actually say today is an interesting milestone.
Speaker 5: I tweeted about it earlier. Today.
Speaker 3: Today is the sixty sixth anniversary of the day that my father came to the United States of America. So sixty six years ago in nineteen fifty seven, my dad landed in America and he was fleeing Cuba, and he'd been in prison in Cuba. He'd been tortured in Cuba, and he came here with nothing. He came here with one hundred dollars in his underwear, and he washed dishes. He made fifty cents an hour, and America gave him freedom, gave him security, gave him hope, gave him the ability to work and excel and achieve and prosper. And there is no nation in the history of the world like America. And that is I look on too many college campuses. The faculties don't believe it. You and I were talking earlier today about your conversation with college kids who, when it comes to looters in California, say that the looters have a right to take what they want.
Speaker 4: The shoplifters, I've had them city in my studio audience, say they're taking what's rightfully theirs because they're not being paid a living wage. And look, I get it. But if you're sitting home in a beanbag eating Cheetos while somebody else is working their butt off for fifteen years to get consequential knowledge that people are willing to pay for, you don't get the same outcome. You have to work for what you want. That's what I said. When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. And do we need to give everybody better chances and better choices. Yes, we need to work on that, there's no doubt about that. But you cannot tell everybody that they're going to get the same outcome. And we've got college professors that are in there supposedly teaching art that are getting into all of this. And if I had a child in college right now that we're getting taught that, I would be real upset about that, because let me tell you, where are those professors going to be five years later, when that young man is trying to buy braces for his son or daughter and pay the rent. I'll tell you where they're going to be. They're going to be gonzo. You're gonna be able to find them with both hands in a flashlight because they're going to be gone. They're going to be down the road somewhere. And then here's this person that got this college education and wasn't taught to cope with the real world, which is a shark tank. You get out there in the real world where somebody's looking for somebody to produce, and here was somebody taught no, it's the employer's job to get along with them instead of the other way around. We did shows these people that were doing quiet quitting where they just said, well you just do the bare minimum. Well see where that gets you. This is not what we need to be talking about in America right now.
Speaker 5: How do we change it?
Speaker 4: We change it by people hearing what's going on, Hearing that these algorithms are programmed to attack our children, hearing what's going on on the college campuses, hearing that kids are getting their feelings hurt and they're medicalizing it. There have been more professors suspended, disciplined, or dismissed in the last twenty or thirty years since the McCarthy era, because now they're saying, no, this injured me. You 't heart my feelings. It injured me. And so now they say, well, we have to react to that, and so they're complaining about it, and professors are getting dismissed because they're asking students to take positions that's not comfortable for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, in law school you had to take the defense. Now you plain of both sides. And so they put trigger warnings on everything. Trigger warnings are a myth. They don't trigger warnings create the anxiety they're intended to avoid. The research is clear on that, But yet there are trigger something like sixty seventy percent of the universities use trigger warnings.
Speaker 3: Look, and in fact, I'd go even further and say the purpose of education is to trigger you. The purpose of education is have you encounter uncomfortable views on comfortable.
Speaker 5: Positions, challenge your assumptions.
Speaker 3: For a number of years, I used to teach at University of Texas Law School, and I taught a class as an adjunct professor on Supreme Court litigation.
Speaker 5: And I would have my students.
Speaker 3: I would pick seven of the biggest cases before the Supreme Court that term, and they were real cases, and I would have the students the cases and argue the cases, and the students, every student would get to argue two cases, and the remainder of the cases, they would sit as Supreme Court justices and they would ask the questions and we'd do it exactly like the real argument, same time period. And it was a two hour seminar once a week, and so the first hour would be the argument. The second hour, the nine justices would retire to conference and they would discuss the case. And you were required to discuss the case in the persona of your justice. So you might be Clarence Thomas, you might be Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and you were required to discuss the case and decide the case consistent with the jurisprudence of the justice that you'd been assigned, and then each student was required to write an opinion. And I got to tell you, I think some of the best teaching moments is I would assign the cases, and I would assign them randomly. I'd actually just use letters and randomly assign the cases, and I'd signed the sides. And we had a number of students who ended up being assigned positions they hated. I remember one student who did very well in the class was a West Point graduate had been an Army ranger and he was assigned to represent a terrorist at GITMO, challenging his detention. He didn't like that at all, but he did a terrific job. I remember another student, a very liberal woman, was assigned to argue the case of pro life protesters, which was a view she really didn't like. And I thought teaching the class, those were more valuable that if I had switched their positions and let them argue the position they agreed with, they would have learned less from it. And now you have universities that that that seem to be behaving saying our job is to prevent you from encountering anything you disagree with, and surround you only.
Speaker 5: That triggers you.
Speaker 2: That triggers you, triggers you, makes you feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And that their job is to enforce an orthodoxy. You must agree with what we're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, that's why they're booing and not letting speakers that are invited to universities speak. I call it the heckler's veto ye, the heckler's veto does.
Speaker 5: That's the phrase from court used.
Speaker 4: And you can't you can't learn if you're just preaching to the choir all the time, Which is why I say, I want both sides to come on and let people here and make up their own mind. And we so you said, what do we do about this? We've got to awaken the masses to say, look, you've got to uh, you've got to speak up about this. You've got to find your voice and talk about this. You know, I said earlier. The reason that these small groups of activists, this tyranny of the fringe, is so efficient, is because they identify an enemy and go after that enemy. And the silent majority doesn't have an enemy like that. They don't have a rally to attend because what they're trying to do is raise their family with love and care and concern and nurture them to get to the next level of life. That's what we're supposed to do as parents, is prepare our children for the next level of life.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you a question. You've said it twice, maybe three times a night, the fear you have of these algorithms they're targeting kids. Parents have so much pure pressure now and kids have gotten really good at saying, well, so and so has it. Well they've got a smartphone. Well, they're online. They're on TikTok, they're on Instagram, they're on Twitter, they're on Facebook. What advice do you have to parents about the appropriate age to give them a tool that can also destroy their life, which is a cell phone and allow them on social media.
Speaker 3: Forty five Yeah, I think it's a great number.
Speaker 5: My three boys are getting flip phones.
Speaker 3: Maybe just wait till all their classmates have them. It's easy to say at the ages your kids are, wait till they get in junior high in high school and they're the only kid and they're facing complete ostracization because all of the discussion of their classmates is through these evil black hole devices we put in our kids' hands.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. There are arguments on both sides. It's good for the child to have a device where you can reach them at any time, you can track them at any time, you can put all of these parental controls on there. They're so far ahead of us they can laugh at us. They have workarounds, and if you don't give them the devices, they're going to be on their friends' devices. The better thing you.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you a story. So our daughter got grounded. We took our phone away. She was grounded for a month. It's pretty serious grounding. And we'd taken her phone away. A couple of weeks go by, and then Heidi gets an email from the phone company that's kind of a curious email, and we discovered that before she handed her phone over, she had gone into the phone and taken out the SIM card, of course, and she got a burn heer phone from a friend and put it in the phone. And what was amazing is she said, she said, well, you said you were taking my phone away. You didn't say you were taking my SIM card away. And it was you know, she's got a fabulous mind, and it was a great argument. But you're right, our kids can run circles around us on technology.
Speaker 4: Yea, I say this. I always tell people that you should talk to your children about things that don't matter. And they said, well, what do you mean by that? And you watch these medical shows on TV? And what's one of the first things I say when you roll somebody into the er? They say, start an IV with ringers lactate. Does anybody ever know what that is?
Speaker 5: I have no idea what it is.
Speaker 4: Well, it's water and it's saline. It's an inert substance. And why do they do it. They're getting a vein open, so when they figure out what they do need, the vein is open and all they have to do is plug something into it. That's why I say talk to kids about things that don't matter, because when it comes time to talk about something that does matter, you got that vein open. And if you're talking to them about something that really matters, and it's the first time you've ever tried to have a conversation with them, it's going to feel really awkward. But if you've been talking to them about their video game or shooting baskets with them, about getting a dog, about who they're dating, about this, about that, just about regular things. But there's a dialogue that's going on, and then it comes time where you have to talk to them about something that really matters. It's not like you're on your first date. You know, you've got this dialogue going, and when you roll into something it really matters, it's open, it doesn't feel so awkward. And when you start talking about the internet and the phone. Every time I do a show about these predators or these algorithms and how a significant percentage of young girls get into Instagram or whatever, and so they start getting depressed. I take all of that and send it to my granddaughter and say, you know, read this, let's talk about this, and she becomes aware of it and goes, well, wow, I don't know. And you know, just before we walked in here, I was on the cameras and she's over having a party, a swim party with all the adults there. She's not sitting at home. And that's what's happening right now with young people. They're watching people live their lives instead of living their own lives. And the lives they're watching being lived are fantasies.
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 4: It's it's not even the good, it's fictional good. I've had influencers on the show who say they get all dressed up and say, yeah, they're going to this big event, this big party. They're going to the NBA All Star Game, They're going to this, going that, And as soon as they do the shoot, they turn it off, put their sweats on and go sit down and watch TV or sit down watching whatever. They don't. They're not that's not their real lives. And people compare themselves to these fictional lives and they get depressed because they say, I'm a loser. I'm not doing any of that stuff. I'm not going to there. There's a there. This is an amazing thing. I actually had them on. There is a false fuselize to a private jet. It's in La Now, it was in San Francisco. It's just in a room. It's a seat with a window. They rent by fifteen minutes for influencers to come on. They'll come there with like ten changes of clothes, like summer, Christmas, all this stuff. They sit down and do all these photo shoots so they can post them throughout the year. Like they're off to Cabo, you know, they're off to Asping for skiing, They're off to the They don't go anywhere they're going and sitting in a box in a warehouse.
Speaker 5: And pay them to do it. That's hysterical.
Speaker 4: They used to do it with a toilet seat that looked like it was a window. Now they actually have one they go sit in. It's just it's just.
Speaker 5: In a room. Well, you know, capitalism is incredible, Oh isn't it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: All right, so let me ask you. You're in Hollywood. Hollywood at least, I think they're nuts.
Speaker 4: I'm a Texas resident. I know you are, so don't be saying I'm in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: By Patriot Mobile. If you have a cell phone like I do, and ninety nine percent of the people out there do. Uh, there's one thing that is pretty crazy, and that is where many companies are giving your money. Did you know that some of the big mobile companies are massive donors to Planned Parenthood? Did you know they're actually fighting against your values? Now, people that did find this out, there was a problem. Where else were you going to go to get dependable nationwide coverage? There wasn't an option. Well there is now, and that's Patriot Mobile. They offer you that dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks, which means you get the same coverage that you have been accustomed to without funding the woke left when you switch to Patriot Mobile.
Speaker 2: And this is the part I love the most.
Speaker 1: You're sending a clear message that you support free speech, religious freedom, sanctity of life, the Second Amendment, and our military are veterans and first responder heroes. Now why do I say that, Because they take a portion of your bill and they give it back to these causes. Now, they have a one hundred percent US based customer service team, So you are dealing with a company that values American workers and they make switching easy. Whether it's for you, your entire family, or a business or a small business. You can keep your same numbers, you can keep your same phones or upgrade. The team will help you find the best plan for your needs. So check out Patriot Mobile dot com all right, slash verdict that's Patriot Mobile dot com, slash verdict, or call them if you use a promo code vertic. You'll also get free activation when you use that promo code verdict eight seven eight Patriot that's eight seven eight Patriot or Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are a resident of the great state of Texas.
Speaker 5: You're in Dallas.
Speaker 3: We are proud you're a Texan. But how have you not been canceled? I mean, you've dared say things you're not supposed to say, and yet you work in Hollywood and you're still standing. How what has the reaction been to you, what has the pushback been to you?
Speaker 5: And how have you survived?
Speaker 4: I think the truth is I've been really consistent in owning the debate. Lane. I give both sides an opportunity to talk about their position and let people make up their own minds. And I've now seen that there's too much traction being gained and somebody needs to stand up and give this a voice. And like I said in the beginning, I'll sit around and say, you know, the media, this the media that, the media, this the media that. And Robin said to me, I guess it's about a year and a half ago. We were sitting in the kitchen. She said, you know you are the media. Well you're bitching about the media. You are the media. Why aren't you doing something about it? And as usual, she was right.
Speaker 2: Would we ever see and it seems that you're in I say, this is a sincere compliment. The fourth quarter of your career, and it seems that you're now thinking about where we are as a country, your legacy. Would we ever see doctor Phil's name on a ballot? Is that something that you've ever even thought of?
Speaker 4: No, I'll tell you why. I think I can have more of an impact doing what I'm doing the way I'm doing it now than if I went into politics. First off, I don't think I know enough about it, And I think you got to know where your strengths are and your weaknesses are. I mean Senator Cruz here, constitutional law expert. He's immersed himself in this. I spend twenty years and not be where he was on day one. I get that he is really good at what he does. And I'm in my lane and he's in his lane. I would rather work with him in his lane from my lane than try to get in his lane.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you a different question. You may remember the movie Mel Gibson was in What Women Want. A very substantial percentage of your viewers are women across America who tune into you and listen and are very interested in what you have to say. So I guess my question would be the title of the movie what a women Want? What resonates and height? He's laughing in the audience. I'm seeking counseling. See, my dear, I'm actually getting advice.
Speaker 5: The man's really working on you.
Speaker 4: You're asking me what women does? Somebody write stupid on my forehead? Well, Robin and I just celebrated our forty seventh anniversary last week.
Speaker 5: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been together fifty years, married forty seven. And I've learned this. When she says what it does not mean she did not hear what I said. It means she's given me a chance to change what I said.
Speaker 2: If you're taking notes in the audience or listening to this show, this is when you write that down.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is something to write down. So what I know about what women want? I have a clue. I know this. It is changing. And I did a show with women talking about how their role is changing in this day and time, and they were very outspoken about this. And I think, you know, I think women are people, and I think they want to be hurt. I think they want to be treated with dignity and respect. I think they want to have an opportunity to be acknowledged for the contributions they make and the things that they do, and I think it is changing. But like I said, this country is not perfect and we're making progress, but it needs to change.
Speaker 3: So let me ask a follow up to that. This podcast, we talk about politics a lot and policy a lot. If you look at politics right now in elections nationally, Republicans are typically winning married men, single men, and married women. But right now in elections, Democrats are winning single women by huge margins.
Speaker 4: You know, I think the difference, one of the differences I see between the messaging between Democrats and Republicans is I think Democrats do a better job of messaging about the feeling parts of the process than Republicans do.
Speaker 5: Ye. Unquestionably, I think.
Speaker 4: Republicans do a real good job about messaging objectives and bottom lines and quantifying those objectives in setting measurable outcomes. And that's really important.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that's interesting is that get being married is strongly correlated with more conservative voting patterns, and being single is inversely correlated. Now, some of that may just be a factor of age that young people. Historically, Winston Churchill famously said, if you're twenty and not a liberal, you have no heart. And if you're forty and not a conservative, you.
Speaker 5: Have no brain.
Speaker 3: That's been true for a long time that young people skew left, and as they get older, they tend to get more conservative.
Speaker 5: So that's a factor.
Speaker 3: But do you see something in the divide between single women and married women that would produce a really significant delta in their voting patterns.
Speaker 4: Well? I do in that. As I've said, I think family in America is under attack, and I think when you become part of a family, your value shift dramatically because now you're responsible for somebody other than yourself. You're responsible for your home. And we've seen marriage on the decline. People are getting married later in life now. Marriage is down now compared to what it was a generation ago. We've seen church membership drop below the fifty percent level for the first time ever. And you know one reason for that is I think we've seen our birth rate drop now to one point six and it takes two point one to sustain this society right now, and it's dropped now to around one point six. And most people when they have a child, they want to go to church and have the child, you know, christened or baptized or whatever. So if you're having fewer marriages and fewer children, then you have fewer families that go to church to start with and begin that tradition. I think that's all tied together.
Speaker 3: And now do you have any theories on why fewer people are getting married, having fewer children, fewer people are going to church.
Speaker 4: I do. That's what it's part of this whole theory I have about family being under attack. It's like in two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, it's like I have this image of huge airplanes flying over the United States and dropping smartphones on everybody. And that's when people started watching people live their lives instead of living their own. They started dating later, they started getting their driver's license. Later, they have fewer friends, they stop socializing. They started social development much later and much less efficiently because they're living virtual lives instead of real lives. So social development was really arrested at that time. And if you if you go back and look at it, you see in eighth nine that begins in to disrupt the social development in America. It's an unintended consequence of carrying a computer with a visual screen in your hand and it's just gone up dramatically, and that's where the social platform started launching, and it took the place of having real friends. You say, oh, I've got you know, I've got three hundred friends. No you don't. You have three hundred followers. You don't know these people. I have these people that come on and say they're engaged. We mean you're engaged. You've never met this person. You've been messaging back and forth for two years to somebody and it turns out to be somebody in a Nigerian workroom. That's you've been sending money for two years. That's not a relationship. But people are confusing followers and clicks for real relationships, and sometimes they fall in love with the fantasy, not even really caring whether it's a real person. On the other end, they fall in love with the fantasy. So I think we've got to really encourage our kids to get off the screens and get out on to the playground and get out into the go to the school dances. You ask these young people today how many friends they have, you would be stunned at how few it is compared to what it was. A generation will go.
Speaker 2: For everybody that's watching listening to this. You also have a podcast as well, in a book coming out quickly as we wrap up this, tell everybody where all they can find all.
Speaker 4: This well, thank you for asking, and there are going to be press releases and information coming out on that very soon. And it's not a maybe thing. We're building the broadcast center right now. I'm leaving here now, headed to Texas, and we're designing so many of the things. The news department is built, my studio is under construction right now, and a huge broadcast center, and most of my senior people from Doctor Phild one point zero are packing up the truck and moving out of Beverly, coming to Texas and buying homes in Fort Worth, Keller, Dallas. Argyle all around and tell them I do, and I tell them how great it was and how value, how values were great, but very exciting, and in like I say, in late January, first week of February, we're going to be launching. It's when the book's going to be landing. And I am more excited about this than I was when we launched Doctor Phild to begin with. Very excited, and I hope people listening are saying, you know.
Speaker 5: Does the network have an am yet.
Speaker 4: It does, but we haven't released it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: One of the questions from the audience, Doctor Phil was a question of what type of shows, what type of host, what type of roles is it going to be, and how's it going to be different than what you've done before.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that one of the things that I bring to the process that is unique to my particular brand or approach is that I'm a journalist and a mental health professional at the same time. And what I've always done is talk to real people with real problems and try to come up with real solutions. And I intend to stay with that format in the new show. And what I mean by that is, even though we're going to be talking about different things like social issues, whether it's homelessness, or whether it's the problems we're having with the internet, or it's this issue about the government paying people not to work instead of two work, or whatever the issue might be, I'm going to approach that by telling those stories and dealing with those issues through the eyes of the people that are impacted by them. I think one of the best examples is, you know, we talked about buying these counterfeit pills on the internet, forty percent of which will kill you. Think about that. You've got to really stop to wrap your head around that four out of ten pills you buy, that you can buy whether you're twelve or thirteen or fourteen, four out of ten, ten of those will kill you. This fentanyl is being manufactured in China, sent to the Sinaloa cartel. In Mexico, they raided a pill factory just south of the border near San Diego that was stamping out seventy million pills a month. One lab. Seventy million pills a month. Not all of them are coming here, but a lot of them are coming to America. And when I talk about that, I don't want to have a bunch of talking head experts up there. I had four sets of parents who had non drug addicted children that ordered pills during finals of college to stay awake or to do this, or to do that, and they found them dead the next morning, and credit card receipts where they ordered one pill, yep one pill from a social media platform and we're dead the next morning. And I approach that by telling this story through the eyes of the parents who went up and found their child dead. And that's how we got into that issue, real people, real problems, and we did have the DEA there, we did have representatives there that were involved in every aspect of the story. But still I approached it through the acts of these parents that lost these precious young people. And that's how I intend to continue to do this, to talk about this, not with a bunch of talking head experts like you see on the twenty four hour cable news networks, but instead by dealing with real people that are impacted by these stories.
Speaker 3: And as you know, the numbers are staggering. Last year, more than one hundred thousand Americans died of drug overdoses. Roughly seventy percent of that is Chinese fentanyl coming across our southern border. That's the highest in the history of our country. To put it in perspective, one hundred thousand people dying is almost double the number of Americans who died in the entire Vietnam War. And that was last year. And even the word overdose is the wrong word because poisoning.
Speaker 5: It's poisoning.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've visited with a lot of these parents who've lost their kids, and you're right, it's not a heroin addict on the street. Who's a junkie, it's it's a teenager, it's a college kid who's at a party and someone says, here, try one xanax, try one adderall and they take it, and just one, the wrong one can kill them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I had a DA agent do an illustration that I think is really powerful.
Speaker 5: He had several of us take.
Speaker 3: A power A Sweet and Low and he said, tear this open, empty all the Sweet and Low out of the packet.
Speaker 5: So we all did that.
Speaker 3: He said, okay, now take your pinky and just stick it in the packet and pull it out. And when you do that, you have a couple of little tiny grains on your fingertip. And he said, that is enough fentanyl to kill you. And I'll tell you I sat down with both our daughters and I gave them packets A Sweet and Low and had them do that. But as a parent, it's terrifying because you hope the message sticks. And the problem is teenagers sometimes do dumb things, and when the dumb things can kill you, that's really terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And now there's something called car fentanyl, which is even more powerful than fentanyl, And people say, well, why would a drug dealer want to kill their client, their customers. They don't want to kill them. It's just so addictive that if they'll take it and not die, they just are immediately addicted and they come back. But they're mixing this stuff up in a bathtub with a boatdoor. This isn't a drug, it's no and they don't know how much gets in this one or that one and and so. But to answer your question, that's how I'm going to do it, and I'm going to do it because that's how my audience, the people that I've built a relationship with over twenty one years, that's how they're used to getting the information from people they can relate to, and what they do. Every guest I have on is a teaching tool. And you know, people don't know because I have kind of a I guess, a shoot from the hip style of delivery. But I get like a two hundred and fifty page notebook for every single show we do, and we get a cross sectional history of medical history, of longitudinal history. We have a research and I have a fifteen member Blue Ribbon advisory board with the top minds in medicine, psychology, psychiatry, nursing theology, every area from the top learning centers in the country, a lot of them peer review journal editors, and if I have a really complex case, I can send it to them and we talk about it, and we stick with evidence based therapies and give them cutting edge information because there's an eighteen month lag between submitting findings and getting out in a peer review journal, and I'm able to get it immediately. And we really try and deliver the absolute best available information to people about these key issues everyday in understandable terms, and we're going to stay with that format going forward.
Speaker 2: Doctor Philip, thank you so much for being with us, being a part of this the audience. You guys give doctor Phil a big round of applause as well.
Speaker 4: Well. Thank you for having the us fascinating and in death questions. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Don't forget download doctor Phil's podcast, and also make sure you download Verdicts with Ted Cruz. Wherever you get your podcasts is that follow subscriber auto download button. And we'll see you back here in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you real quick about our friend's Augusta Precious Medals and if you have been watching what's going on the economy. You've seen some of the big bank failures that have happened. You've seen interest rates that have more than doubled on homes now, the highest interest rates on home that we see in twenty one years. We've seen inflation issues and that is where it is affecting your retirement, your four one K. We know that it's important to diversify your investments, especially if you are close to retirement or in retirement. That's why I want you to know about Augusta Precious Metals. They can help you protect your hard earned dollars, your hard earned investments, and that is why you should talk to Augusta Pressure Medals Now. They do things differently. It's really cool. Not only they send you an investor's guide on gold so you can understand how gold can help you diversify and protect your assets, but they actually do a one on one web conference. They answer all of your questions. They'll talk about your strategy, your investments and tell you if a gold ira isn't the right answer for you. You should check out what they can do for you at Augusta Precious Metals dot com. Call them right now get the free Investor's Guide on Gold and work with a company that can that you can trust to help you protect your assets. Eight seven seven the number four Gold ir A. That's eight seven seven the number four gold IRA or online Augusta Precious Metals dot com. That's Augusta Precious Metals dot com.