Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: There is a burden to speak in the truth. It comes with a consequence.
Speaker 4: Tiffany Cross, Tiffany Cross, Tiffany Cross.
Speaker 5: Cross, Welcome home.
Speaker 6: Y'all.
Speaker 3: The people who shackled us, abused us, berated us, oppressed us, suppressed us. Their descendants are not that far removed. I see that you were not just okay with it, but you celebrated it. It was a joke to you. I'm looking at these white folks, I'm like, why you want your kids to be dumbred in arts? Because I want everyone in my life around me to be doing something dope. And the reason why is because when I fall, they gonna be in a position to catch me. The reason why the United States is a superpower is because of enslavement.
Speaker 5: Joe, there's no time, girls.
Speaker 3: I told y'all, I've been ready, and Peaches and Earth came out. So I do think that we have to start considering how we want to exercise the buying power of two trillion dollars in this country. Hit them where it hurts and if you target white man's money, I have to just feel like that's when you get attention. First of all, Craig was kind of cute.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Craig.
Speaker 3: If you're not receptive or curious, then you are likely not my audience and I'm likely not yours. I am curious about things I can learn from anybody, but I don't necessarily respect everybody's opinion, and I don't think all the people say I respect everybody's opinion.
Speaker 5: You's a lie. I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: Brilliant women said this some years ago. And I think these words are to be echoed right here, and that is our.
Speaker 7: Time is now.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is our New Year's e show.
Speaker 3: This is why Angela and I are sparkling, and why these guys are doing their best to keep up with them.
Speaker 5: Let's go okay, all right? So why do we start out with all those clips?
Speaker 3: I want to let everybody know this will be my last show with Native Land Pod. I'm sad to say, but it doesn't have to be a sad occasion. When Bakari joined, his one stipulation was he would not do the show with me, and that's not true.
Speaker 8: I did say there was going to be a fair and we found out.
Speaker 3: He put it in his contract. He said it can only be one Beyonce on this table.
Speaker 7: No I am.
Speaker 3: I am leaving the show. I want to do more things that I want to do by myself basically, but it's.
Speaker 9: Some people.
Speaker 3: I might be that person, yes maybe, but hopefully this won't be the last time you see me here because I want to come back as a guest. But I want to thank my co host because I really move your mic toe. Am I messing up already? I want to thank my especially Angela, because I remember I didn't really put a lot of thought into this, and Angela was like, hey, we're gonna do a podcast.
Speaker 5: Was going to be in it, and it was always.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be this group that you see right now. And but but Pa Cary was tied up. Yes he was getting the bag when I'm mad at that, and then he joins, this is how it was always supposed to be. And so I'm just thankful to you for inviting me to this platform. And you know, if it weren't for this space, I would have felt voiceless. And I just like, since my show has been canceled, You've been a constant at my side of you know when, like literally in Atlanta we even had a little security guard with us. I won't say no names, but people were like just surrounded me. But Angela was the one constant there. So doing this work has been amazing, and I'm just thankful that it doesn't mean we won't see each other or talk because our friendships predate the podcast. They exist beyond the podcast. I think will always have some sort of work and relationship. Really, truly, I'm not being coy. I really don't know what the next steps look like, but whatever they are, I'm gonna be talking to Angela about it, getting her advice on what it might look like. I know I want to do people A lot of you have asked, you know, why don't you bring it back the cross connection, And I would get so annoyed because I'm like, do.
Speaker 5: People think I got a network? You know, like God does his work?
Speaker 3: And younger people really look at me like does she not get it? You know, like nobody's watching networks anymore. Like you literally have the ability to do this now, and so I'm figuring all that out, and thankfully you've been in the space a lot longer, so I'll definitely be bugging Angela a lot. Chris Morrow, who's the founder of Reason Choice Media, I'll definitely plan on bothering him. Thank you Leonard for founding the network with Angela and Chris, And to Bakari and Andrew, I'll just say you're welcome for all the knowledge I've given you both yes, and for carrying you both.
Speaker 5: Yes every episode.
Speaker 3: It's hard work and carrying you guys, but I did want to let the audience know kick off the show and let the audience know that it's not a sad occasion because, like I said, you'll see me back here. I hope these guys I'll be begging to come on.
Speaker 5: I think we're booked okay to play. I'll take y'all out.
Speaker 3: I want to do an in person show though the balloon. Watch her pop the balloon show and please keep tuning in a Native lamp. I'll be experiencing how you guys do as an audience member. And so many people stop me. Oh this is also like the like thirst for audiences because so many people stop me all the time to talk about native land. And every time that's happened, I've been thinking like how you gonna feel when you're not a part of it anymore and people stop you and say, I love native Land, but I know that these guys are amazing and the audience will continue to grow, uh, and I'll be among the audience. So I didn't want to get through a whole show without letting the audience know that. So thank you guys, most importantly my tribe, because every time I said something, y'all were always in my d MS and in the comments.
Speaker 7: Or supporting one or the other.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 5: And I didn't even mind the arguing.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind the disagreement, and I definitely appreciated the support because sometimes it is like I'm the only person who feels away, and you know, I see oh the audience, and I think for all of us, I always say, like, whatever you say, however, you feel somebody out there.
Speaker 5: Supports you and agrees with you.
Speaker 3: So it was just great to be able to be transparent and authentic here for two years, one hundred and what episode is this twelve.
Speaker 2: Day?
Speaker 7: That's so rude?
Speaker 6: Andrew, I think they just fizzled.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of not fizzling, do you guys have encouraging words that you like to share for our girl.
Speaker 6: Tif Oh she staying for the rest of the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she said, if you don't mind, is one last hur.
Speaker 8: Is the consummate journalist era that hearkens back to where we need to be. And so I think her beauty, her character, her intellect, the treasure that she is will find a home where she makes it. A lot of people have to look for homes like those dogs.
Speaker 10: You like, Yeah, you know, continue anyway.
Speaker 8: But you you can build your home and it's going to be wherever your feet land. So I don't you leaving this show. I have nothing but selfish feelings about it. I have no heartburn, no heartache, no disdain because I know that you're going to be okay. Now, the three of us, we're going to have some grieving moments. They won't last long, but they but we will miss you and everything that you bring to us.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'll miss you, guys. I'm trying to tag along on some of these things.
Speaker 2: I just want to let the record reflect I've been against us from the start. When Tiffany began telling me that she's been feeling a calling toward journalism, toward this very sacred space of truth and facts in a world that is bathing, drowning, and people's individual interpretations and narratives with no regard for.
Speaker 9: True fact history.
Speaker 2: I feel very very very very very toward today because this experience was really forged through pretty traumatic experiences for each of us, and we, of course it shared those experiences with the with the audience in.
Speaker 6: Our own way.
Speaker 2: And you know, when you when you lose someone from that sort of trauma bond, even though we had bonds before, but they weren't There's something particular and special and unique and traumatic about a trauma bond, and that when a piece of that uh changes the environment, it does feel like a part of you is pulled away. And that's what I feel. But I know that that that you're going to continue to take me to dinners, yes, and feed me good Maybe an occasional walk every now and again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 7: I'll be the only thing.
Speaker 2: I'll be there, warning all of the approaching dog parents to police, turn around the other way.
Speaker 9: Ganger danger, danger, danger of love.
Speaker 2: But Tiffany, you are You're You're better than a professional. You're the best of us, I mean us are people.
Speaker 9: You're the best of us.
Speaker 2: And you didn't just become that you've been that, and I'm just really really thankful to God and obviously you Angela for creating this space where we could take the first step and then the second step and then the third step.
Speaker 9: Out of.
Speaker 2: The holes that we shrouded ourselves in. Not so much Tiffany, but definitely me. She's a you know, she's a butterfly. You know what I'm gonna miss most. And I tell you this, I think that although I feel like your opinions are opposite mine a lot, I feel like you hit on where the majority of people are and that is a talent. That's a skill, and that's an endowment of a gift. Most importantly, and so long as that north star continues the guide you, your instincts, your guttural instincts, led by truth and your honesty, which I think is bar none, not only will you have an audience, but God is going to continue to expand your territory. I believe it. It's already done. It's a matter of just walking in it.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 2: I love you, and I miss you, and I'm not going anywhere because there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see too.
Speaker 3: And Amen, because I really don't know what the audience curation looks like.
Speaker 5: So thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate those words of encouragement. That's going to be harassing Angela every other day. You got whatever I do.
Speaker 9: Next, follow us real, Yeah, and you're real.
Speaker 7: They'll get that you're well.
Speaker 1: Tiff there definitely would not be a native Lampid without you. You are a key part of what makes Welcome Home feel like an authentic experience, a place where people can be safe to disagree, definitely not debate, though.
Speaker 6: We don't do that.
Speaker 7: Never, No, we do, but Tiff does.
Speaker 9: Not to box with guys.
Speaker 7: Well you know Peaches and her.
Speaker 11: Okay, got it, but I guess that, you know, I really want people to understand how important it is for you to be leading in this way and hopefully for other folks at home to follow suit.
Speaker 7: You have to pursue and follow your dreams, your way.
Speaker 1: When you talk to us on the phone, I think we all agreed the most important thing is your happiness right now, and I want you to be happy. I've you know, watched you suffer a lot personally, professionally in so many ways. And if there's anything that we have done even at this juncture, like some things are for a season. So even at this juncture, to stand in the way of your progress, your joy, and your happiness, we don't want to ever be in a way of that, and so I want people to know that as she's building the thing that feels most authentic to her, please continue to offer commentary. You know, Tiff is going to be building and flying at the same time, because that's the era we live in right now, where we don't have the formula for a and OP right now. It continues to shift and we move each week. Things change. Sometimes the show feels too heavy to us too, and so we're navigating you know, that funny with the ratchet, with the real serious, with the counter and of the lies, with the debate whether we bring a conservative bond or not. And you're going to go and do all of that on your own, and you're going to be great at it. And we will absolutely carve out, create and maintain space for you here as a guest or as a guest host when you come back, but also as you know, an entity that is going to be growing with you. And so we do that as a team, even if it's not on this particular show. Perhaps it'll be a shared platform, but regardless, we're gonna be lifting up what you do. And so I'm very thankful for your sisterhood, for the many ways in which you've taught us, and you continue to teach us by example, even we don't like it sometimes, you know, but we know we're challenged to be the very best versions of ourselves professionally and as your friends.
Speaker 7: So thank you.
Speaker 3: And my sister and I just want to say again, I just appreciate you guys so much because the past two years have been challenging but also fun, you know, like we laugh all the time, and there are definitely times where there is no different me, you know, like if the cameras rolling or not, you get the same version. And so there are times where people will come up to me and reference something very personal. They're like, oh, I heard you like saying this on or you were telling Angela something and I'm like that was.
Speaker 5: A private conversation. Can you mind your business? You know, And I'm like, oh, id that on the.
Speaker 9: Podcast in the living room they were sitting.
Speaker 3: We feel like that with you all, Like I forget that there is an audience out there listening. And so when I'm out in public and someone will reference my tears or just you know, something personal. It can feel briefly invasive, you know, because I really feel like it's just us talking and connecting, and that's the space that you all provided. That's why we say welcome home to the viewers, and so I'm just grateful for for each of you. It doesn't feel like goodbye at all, because I mean, Angela and I probably still gonna talk every day. Our group chat were flooded four times.
Speaker 10: My message Angela, She's gonna as I was.
Speaker 7: You did say you were. Let me say why.
Speaker 5: I have advice, but let me say why.
Speaker 3: Angela founded the network reason Choice Media, and so she is building podcasts and doesn't transparency. We don't know where my show is going to be. Like we're all having conversations. Stay tuned to the end of the show. You might get some news. But she has a lens that I don't have, so that is why. And we might disagree on content, but you know, she might say you should do that. I feel like I've we were talking about other week that I was trying to control her show, her solo pod. I'm like, no, you can do this topic blah blah blah. So I feel like we'll have to kind of exchanges.
Speaker 5: You don't remember that.
Speaker 6: I saw it.
Speaker 9: It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: We were on the phone, we were getting off our call, and you were talking about stuff you should do.
Speaker 5: And I wasn't even supposed to be on the call anymore.
Speaker 3: I was supposed to drop off and I'm trying to produce I do and I'm like, no, you can do that this week because blah blah blah blah blah. I'm like this, ame, mo, let me go. You know, stay, We'll do that for each other. Obviously, for my lawyer, Beyonce is the star. He's always going to tell me how to be a superstar. But Curry, I'm always going to reference you and ask your opinion and thoughts. You've even when I haven't, you get you got.
Speaker 6: Sometimes giving me a superstars.
Speaker 8: Recognize the superstars just just watch out for the Billables.
Speaker 3: But you've given me advice about appearing on CNN and in different places. You've given me advice about who an audience should be like. So you've definitely poured into me and that Andrew and I I just I feel taken care of when we're together.
Speaker 5: I feel like we.
Speaker 3: Connect on a very soulful level and can share and just the human connection part of our relationship is not ever going to go anywhere.
Speaker 5: And I literally am going to tag along.
Speaker 3: If Angela's oh, we're doing some podcast conference in San Diego, I'm like, Okay, I'm going. I'm booking a ticket. I'm going just to be kicking it with you guys. So I don't feel like this is a farewell, Like I think our business relationship will continue in some capacity, and I know our personal relationships will because it's been decades already.
Speaker 7: So we're happy New Year.
Speaker 5: Want to make y'all we got a whole show to get to.
Speaker 3: I love y'all back, and I want to I know we'll do this at the end of the show, but I do want to thank Nick, our producer, who cares so much about this show. And it's just it's hard to find people to work with who care as much as you do, and it's easy to like complain about the talent, and you know, Nick is in the trenches with us, and so I really want to thank you Nick for that Lolo you guys know, Lolo who catches everything. That was also very supportive of each of us and is.
Speaker 5: A dog mom, So I love Lolo.
Speaker 3: Lauren Hansen, our executive producer, will show up in spaces that we didn't ask her to, but she shows up because she believes in this platform, the PDP program that Angela started. It's just young people and I see them sometimes and they'll say, hey.
Speaker 5: I'm an Angela's PDP program, Like oh hi.
Speaker 3: It's a whole community of them who you know, donate their time to make this show great too. So I just want to let them know from the bottom of my heart how much I appreciate you guys, and I hope that we will all continue to be in touch as though. Let's get to the rest of the show because it's the end of the year and we want to have some fun looking back at all the memories we've created.
Speaker 9: A couple of fights, probably it was we had a lot.
Speaker 5: Of beef this year. We were beefs.
Speaker 7: You know what started it? Let me tell you what started it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what started This man had the nerve to be sworn in on Martin Luther.
Speaker 7: That's what started it. Liberation isn't beholden to a party.
Speaker 1: It is it is only incumbent upon us to ensure that we are always advocating for the best interests of black people. Now, when your personal interests get in the way of that, we got a problem, and we at least need to have a conversation.
Speaker 3: But this seems interesting because our inauguration episode. I was reading the comments and everybody kept saying, yes, Angela agree with you. Angela gradually make a point, and I was like, what, I don't even remember because we had so many conversations. I'm like, what is she saying. I watched and you did have all the smoke for people who sat down with Trump. You had all the smoke for President Biden for even sitting next to him. And it does sound a little bit like you're giving Snoop a pass or you're giving Nelly a pass, when I don't know what they've done to earn that pass. Like to me, I just I just tried to explain it, like I think I heard that, but you're but what you're doing is extending them understanding that you you are not quick to extend other people if they're.
Speaker 6: Oh, but you don't know that way.
Speaker 7: I told y'all a month or so ago that I read in my hypocrisy.
Speaker 1: You will never see me, whether it's y'all or any like I will challenge my friends.
Speaker 5: Probably yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just know, like my partiality to Snoop here is. I was with him the day he registered the vote. I helped him, so I know his heart, I know his intention. He ain't fooling with Donald Trump. I don't like the decisions he made, but I know he's not.
Speaker 8: I think that the messy bund that you had sent a signal you did there and I just knew. I knew from the energy and I just knew from the visual.
Speaker 9: The energy was in the face.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, because she was just like, we're just going to work to tight grip, Michelle. She brushed the side.
Speaker 7: Forget you rush it might not say.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, what I don't have respect for and I don't think I defended Nelly in that moment. That was my real husband's Hollywood fiance. I remember that I left at the altar. He showed you all exactly why I left his ass at the Hawser by going to the Trump and a gration stuff and doubling down on that Angela Hollywood she was she played on the show and Nelly played her.
Speaker 6: Fiance Angela been on ESPN.
Speaker 7: Joined the ESPN pack was damn tube. They might have just put your face up there and then you walk off in the face that it might have been. No, I never did to.
Speaker 5: But you were in that white cat I remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, white cats for for the marriage. I ripped off the skirt part and walked out because I wanted to go.
Speaker 5: But just on the point, you were not defending Nelly.
Speaker 7: No, I'm still not. I'm telling you what and and and Nelly? You you got mind? Never you call me? Please your case. But I've heard him specific have.
Speaker 4: Your number, wouldn't I love?
Speaker 6: I'm glad we don't have. We don't. I don't know. Andrew, do you do you interact in these circles? I don't you do?
Speaker 7: Because anyway, this is why we can't get through no topic. Thank you.
Speaker 1: My point is that I don't like what Nellie said in defense of his position around Trump, and I really don't like what he said about Kamala Harris, and so I do not take the same posture Snoop.
Speaker 7: I think is different, and I just want.
Speaker 1: People to at least engage around the nuance. I think that there are some things that are not that cut and dry. It was not an official event. He wasn't sold in the way that it would be an official event. And I'm not going to teg my posture on that. Y'all can be mad at me. Will agree on the next topic, Let's go to it.
Speaker 2: So what I loved about that clip, yeah, was something that Tiffany does so well and is consistent for doing.
Speaker 9: Across the board. No, she's a journalist. She goes straight to the to the contradiction. She goes straight to it. And it's not just with then with every single what book car you know, you kind of fresh.
Speaker 6: So all she can do is you can still smell a baby powder, you know this.
Speaker 9: On your white chest and everything.
Speaker 6: But you go.
Speaker 2: I think that's so important for a platform like this that the audience knew that between the conversation, nobody was gonna get left. No one's gonna get off the hook if you if you go that.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of hooks, who somebody says she had peaches in herb but it's never tried to throw their thus on TV.
Speaker 3: So she said, are you trying to say I don't care about starving children? And I said, well, it certainly doesn't sound like it. So during the commercial break, this is where things went left, and pray for her that I was on the panel that night and not either of my co hosts. Particularly into a She turns to me and puts her hands on me, puts her hands on my shoulder and has her fingers like this close to my face and is like, honey, do not say that I don't care about starving children. So already my blood is boiling, but I'm trying to contain myself because to.
Speaker 5: Me, I feel like this is violence.
Speaker 3: You're touching me without my permission, and you have your fingers a little too close to my face for comfort, and so I say, get your hands off me, do not touch me, and move your fingers from my face. I move your fingers out of my face. And she says, you're saying I don't care about starving children. She's going on and on, and I was like, you are complicit in what's happening. You are intentionally stating things that are not facts, and shame on you.
Speaker 5: And she is escalating and she says you Okay.
Speaker 3: In my best self, I would have flown so above that I would have just been like wow, like what a you know, immature person that you can't contain your emotions that way, Like how immature and silly, and you look stupid and ignorant, and you will not you will not take my dignity.
Speaker 5: Sadly, that is not what happened, and I lose it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I ain't got nothing totwork.
Speaker 3: It was a commercial break on Abby show, and this woman was literally regurgitating IDF talking points trying to say that they were showing Palestinian children who had like genetic disorders, who weren't really starving, just disgusting things that aren't even worth repeating. And during a commercial break she confronted me. And instead of them saying, ma'am, you have.
Speaker 5: Across the line.
Speaker 3: You need to leave the set, they had the temerity Abby, the producers, everybody's like, oh, Tiffany and whatever her name was, Tiffany and Jail whatever. It was like, guys calmed down, like we were both equally at fault, like I was a child, you know, to be scolded. I'm telling you it's a problem. I remember Scott saying that to you one time.
Speaker 6: No what about Matt.
Speaker 3: MaTx Slapp called you boy, but you touched Scott and he was like, don't touch me, and you were like, I.
Speaker 5: Can't touch you.
Speaker 8: That was his sense of dry humor. Though, okay, but because we like laughed about that. But mats lapping, I did.
Speaker 6: Get into it. He called me boy doing a break during a break.
Speaker 5: I thought it was on air.
Speaker 6: He was doing a break. He said bring it boy, and it was.
Speaker 7: Did you did you bring it back up? On the show?
Speaker 6: I wrote about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like I saw what did you say in the moment, not in a moment when he said.
Speaker 5: Bring it boy? Whatever? How did you?
Speaker 8: I was like that you tripping man? And then Don Lemon was it was it was a long time ago. Donald was a host, and Donald was.
Speaker 6: Like did I just hear what he just said?
Speaker 8: And he was like, okay, I just take a walk real quick. Let's go ahead because we had like this moment. So I went off and I called somebody who is like over all of us, and I was like, I'm not coming back home with mad again.
Speaker 6: And they never invited him back.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's at least they won't advise some people. How would you have handled that situation? Which one the one where she put her hands on you, was like, don't I.
Speaker 1: Would say, I highly recommend that you back up out of my face.
Speaker 5: What if har responds just you, I would just like this.
Speaker 7: Kicked the chair.
Speaker 6: You been since Stiffy, I have we multiple times.
Speaker 7: We had talked about it on the show.
Speaker 5: No I won't go on You went back on the show multiple times many times. That was one of the pointing out contraditions.
Speaker 6: And you will continue to go on Live with Carry was like, no, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna be the journalist.
Speaker 3: We talked about it too, because I was saying before I was on, Abby Shaw was like I don't like it, like it's the Jerry Springer political TV blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I wouldn't do that show. And then I did the show and when.
Speaker 3: I was talking about it and Angela was like, you said you wouldn't do that show, and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, I did.
Speaker 3: And I remember the night I did the show, I was mad at Angela because he dropped in our group ta yeah you guys, SIF is on And I was not advertising that I was doing the show, trying to sneak in and sneak out.
Speaker 5: But I didn't want my girls. I just I didn't want people to like wh you continue to do it. I'm conflicted. Every week.
Speaker 7: I promise, well, let's not make this New York show about that.
Speaker 1: But what I will say, what we what we have acknowledged, even you know, the show that we did at the beginning of the month, we talked about the contradictions that we all walked in, including uh these So you know there's that.
Speaker 6: I think that you should do more TV.
Speaker 8: I think that you're really you're beautiful, you're smart, and when you open your mouth people.
Speaker 5: Listen to put us on together?
Speaker 6: You was God, no, no, no, I don't want to be on with you.
Speaker 7: But the idea like to get work.
Speaker 1: Each of us to do that show individually and then we all go on together.
Speaker 5: That was so are you going to do this next time?
Speaker 6: Andrew Gillam ain't coming on that show.
Speaker 7: He would do it if it was all of us.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean if it was just us, sure, they're never going to do.
Speaker 6: They never gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what they said they were going to do.
Speaker 5: And I don't think they would ever put me a anseel on together.
Speaker 6: I would love different people. I would love to see y'all one together.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I mean listen, literally, I mean, I don't even know if they would get to.
Speaker 9: A commercial high yellow can't.
Speaker 7: Would you bring that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I what is the no.
Speaker 9: We're talking about?
Speaker 6: You know what? We're going to Angela's speech. I don't know what the hell you pulled.
Speaker 13: That out of.
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 7: And they're talking about I got job.
Speaker 6: You're not you you you were? There's original, You're not really job.
Speaker 5: Jesus anyway, this is this is.
Speaker 6: One of the original have you smelled.
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: One of the I'm moving us along. One of the things that I love about this show. One of my favorite moments is when I get to sit back and listen and be so overwhelmed and impressed by something.
Speaker 5: You all say, You're welcome, well, thank you do it a lot.
Speaker 3: But the one time I'm representing this time is during our cover of the Congressional Black Hautage, Antela was honored with the Phoenix Award. Yes that the Phoenix Awards dinner, and before we wrap that show, she said, you know, I want to give my speech at the end of the show. I'll say, okay, great, you know, I'm not really thinking about it. I'm like, okay, sure, Like let's all hear the speech. And while she was given that speech, I was choked up. I just felt like, oh my god, I'm so overwhelmed by this speech.
Speaker 5: So you guys take a listen.
Speaker 7: Good evening.
Speaker 1: I stand before you as the first former executive director recipient of the CBC Foundation's Phoenix Award.
Speaker 5: This award is not just for me.
Speaker 1: It belongs to every ancestor who refused to quit, every elder who told the truth, and every young person daring to dream beyond the failures of what America has promised. You are called now more than ever, CBC, to not just be the conscience of the Congress, but even more to be the conscience of our community.
Speaker 7: Let us move forward together.
Speaker 1: Refusing to shrink, refusing to be silenced, refusing to be divided, because we were.
Speaker 7: Made for this moment. Thank you for this great honor. All power to the people. Welcome home, y'all. All right?
Speaker 8: Can I also point out one thing. Can you see the difference in the buns, Andrew?
Speaker 14: Did you see the first likely lightly brushed this one?
Speaker 6: Now that bun that was that was Now that that was the first one. The first one was a fight that this bun was. We're gonna be stunning there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: I will say that I'm very grateful for you all affording me the opportunity to give my acceptance speech on the podcast, because just like Ruer Ramon and the Democratic National Convention did not get to deliver her remarks, the CBC Foundation did not let me Rangel take a speech that evening.
Speaker 6: She said, She said, I'm so happy to be standing.
Speaker 7: Don't be delivering a speech from profter.
Speaker 9: I got to hear your take a speech on your solo.
Speaker 6: Yes, fantastic, is amazing.
Speaker 8: Really shout out to Joe she she goes way anyway.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows Joe.
Speaker 7: Takes shut out South Carolina.
Speaker 8: I was because I was going to say she was the first black female s J president.
Speaker 5: Oh, she was that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that we had Harry Walker as Harry Walker, Steve Benjamin, Joe Teka.
Speaker 3: Harry Walker was the head of the m OK Foundation. Yes, no, what am I thinking of?
Speaker 7: You're thinking about?
Speaker 6: Harry Walker was one of the first black executs. Ibm oh his name?
Speaker 5: You know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Alford Alfred? Is it less than Alfred?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Steve Benjamin was in the mayor uh and jil take it. It's gonna take a scene. Beautiful.
Speaker 1: She's so talented, but she and the founder with black women.
Speaker 6: She introduced and kicked down doors for black women and black people. I don't like.
Speaker 8: I don't hate when people narrow the scope like that, but black people in Silicon Valley.
Speaker 3: Yes, Harry Johnson, Harry Johnson saying here, that's what I'm thinking of, So strike that.
Speaker 5: Wait when not talking about that?
Speaker 3: I want to go back to Candela's clip about the speech, because that was one of those times where I was listening and I said this on the show then, But I'm like, please tell me it took you months to write that speech, because it would take me months to write something like that.
Speaker 5: So how long did it take you to write that?
Speaker 9: Especially that I stand here?
Speaker 1: You're standing here When I was sitting there again, I thought I was going to be on the stage saying that, uh that week.
Speaker 7: Wow, I didn't know that about their word for long.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I feel that way.
Speaker 6: Congratulations on the award. I know that meant a lot to you.
Speaker 8: Well, I know, I know I know the people who mean a lot to Angela Raie, and I can tell you that out of her top ten.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming over fifty percent of members.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love my members, so many of them, so many of them. Yes, we had a centennial moment this year.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty five, we had one hundred episodes, and on the one hundredth we had a by day.
Speaker 7: Makari joined us. Let's roll.
Speaker 9: That is that right on our hundred Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we let them on. That's why I don't know the lead.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 8: Welcome to another episode of the Native Land Podcast. This week is our hundredth episode, and we're so proud to be here and joining you guys as we always do, to talk about everything that's going on in the culture around us, politically, sports, entertainment, all those good things.
Speaker 5: Andrew, you look so different.
Speaker 6: Andrew ain't never looked as good.
Speaker 9: Do you remember how I used to tell you that.
Speaker 6: People's the thing.
Speaker 9: We were the same person and not a physically in the same space.
Speaker 8: Brother.
Speaker 6: That's good to see. I'm glad to you one of the number as they say where we're from.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Vacari, I was felt thrilled when you joined the show because Andrew needed consistently, because Andrew needed we needed another.
Speaker 7: That's not what she's saying.
Speaker 1: She's saying that people they do say often in our comments that we're double teaming Andrew, or we don't let him get a word in or whatever, and then every now and then the comments are accurate.
Speaker 7: They say, Andrew over talking all of the girls.
Speaker 5: Andrew, get to your point. We love your point.
Speaker 1: No, but it was it was good to have gender balance, and we expressed that. I think on that mini pod the day that we recorded, we had a topic that Andrew did not want to broach again, although it ended up being really it's like a really good mini pot in which you had to offer was fantastic.
Speaker 6: People like, I'm so glad he talked the black girl magic. Andrew, Yes, can black girl magic?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, you know we're not going back there today.
Speaker 5: I remember you said you didn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 9: I didn't know, and you shared with the audience that I didn't want to know.
Speaker 11: I did that.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry it was me.
Speaker 6: I'm so thankful to be with you.
Speaker 5: I did I did it.
Speaker 3: You were saying your concerned that if Andrew doesn't talk, it will look like he was silent, right, and I was saying well, just for transpancy for the audience. Andrew said before this segment that he didn't want to do it, but those are like honest moments that we.
Speaker 7: Have on the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean I would like, said, y'all going to force me to talk about it exactly likely not to talk from me, you know.
Speaker 6: But thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 2: I know that you know very every always, thank you every.
Speaker 6: Now and then the show needs a little boost to go from you know what.
Speaker 10: True.
Speaker 5: I think that's true.
Speaker 7: I think that especially given the year that we had. And this is not I don't think a dig on any of us, but given the.
Speaker 1: Year we had, we needed it felt monotonous, It felt like we needed, Yeah, we need it up if we needed some different, some shade, we needed, we needed some man types of conversation.
Speaker 7: And what a joke he is, you know, But no, we wanted, you know, we wanted something different.
Speaker 3: And I know you have a question for us. I just want to say quickly something I really want the audience to know about you. And I've said it before, but just the work that you do as an attorney, like you are committed. You are a son of the civil rights movement, but you deeply care about our plight, and I don't. I don't think everybody gets that from you because you're so funny and you're making jokes a lot, but you really are in the trenches a lot of times.
Speaker 6: I love you, guys.
Speaker 8: I think that you guys keep me humble as possible. Yeah, keep it, Guccie, Are you talking about the shoes of the jacket?
Speaker 6: No, neither one.
Speaker 1: Thing we know you're going to do is act like you got an endorsement deal. When we saw him in Paris, we do not know.
Speaker 6: I was wearing Gucci in Paris.
Speaker 7: That was he was, but dazzled and we looked like a goddamn Christmas tree. We've been there. It looked like Vegas.
Speaker 5: We are all over our little.
Speaker 6: Politics.
Speaker 5: We were at the game watching my girl I do.
Speaker 6: I do everything I can do to support my my university.
Speaker 7: Coon to come on the show. I love her.
Speaker 1: You guys, we have to get through a lot of clips and you said we don't have We have twelve minutes left, so we're going.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask, have y'all seen the Diddy documentary? But we'll tie in.
Speaker 5: You don't want to go, then you don't want to go, but I haven't.
Speaker 7: I'll leave. There's will She was absolutely, well, you know, speaking of oh, yes, okay.
Speaker 8: Speaking of just all the things that we've been through, things that we didn't want to touch.
Speaker 9: Six uh anyway, please, I was like, can I finish please?
Speaker 6: Anyway. We did get into it with the Joe Button podcast. It won't even really get into it.
Speaker 8: It was just talking about the cultural things that happened around as people thought we got into it.
Speaker 6: But they're actually friends with friends of the show. They're friends of the show.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm friends with Flip.
Speaker 7: Now, I haven't talked to Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm not friends with.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 6: Said a lot of tricky words. No, I don't say regular words. That's tricky to you.
Speaker 15: Tricky words. That's another thing you do. I'm saying you say that you want to say that. I'm saying because you ain't going to say that second, so I'm saying, but I said the behavior, then we good to me?
Speaker 6: Then then we good.
Speaker 5: I know that was difficult to watch.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play it for that clip, specifically because there seems to be the death of black intellectualism, particularly when it comes to who has a microphone and viral clips like this take up so much space.
Speaker 5: To me, it was clear that his co host felt.
Speaker 3: Small, and you know, even him saying you use tricky words and Mark responding with I use words that are tricky to you.
Speaker 16: The whole conversation around who's an intellectual and who's not intellectual. My biggest issue with it was, well, damn, you know, a person who's an intellectual should look at the whole context of a situation before they have a conversation about it. I feel like, you know, Andrew said one of the strongest points last week when Andrew was like, I don't watch the show enough to have an opinion about it.
Speaker 3: My personal background aside, I want to say that as a journalist before I bring up anything on this show, I want our viewers to know I have and indeed done my due diligence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well, I thought that was fun.
Speaker 8: You know. I thought it was fun because it highlighted I think one of Tiffany's greater skill sets, which made that show better and made us better. Because I think that if and I do believe they did listen to the critique of of Tiffany because she did something that was very precise just kind of go down to the essence of where people are, where we believe you should be, and even when challenged and pushed on where we where they think Tiffany should be, she held her ground. And I just think that that particular and not fight exchange showed thoroughly who she is. And I think that that was you know, every now and then, when you're on TV or you're on the pod, you have moments and clips that elevate who you truly are your characters, show them through, and I think that was one of them.
Speaker 9: What do I feel like?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious and I really wanted it from both of you because I know y'all were talking about straight bullets and.
Speaker 12: Did it.
Speaker 9: I know you're pretty resolute. When you say a thing, you mean a thing.
Speaker 6: Very rarely is that.
Speaker 2: That's not a that's not a weather vein, right, But when it, you know, when it comes down, which I have to tell you, I just sort of didn't know about. But I knew we had done the show. I didn't know it was gonna be a thing. I'm curious how you did you know it was going to be a thing?
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 5: I anticipated that it would be a thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't anticipate that they would get the podcast taken down, but I anticipated that the conversation would travel because so many people had reference that shows to me and critique and criticism, so and you know, there were a lot of things that I had uncovered about the participants on that show in doing background and listening to different segments that I did not feel would be responsible to introduce in the conversation. So I instead decided to focus on the intellect. But I would just say, there are things attached to some of the hosts on that show that are very concerning, And so I stay rooted in how I feel you think about congressmen, then congressomen Barbara Lee now mayor Barbara Lee. I imagine she had to face a lot when she was the sole vote against giving you know, the A yeah, the am uf A yes. And so, you know, because the way I tend to think, I've debated myself, I've looked at everything I can.
Speaker 5: I said, what if everything you're.
Speaker 7: Saying debating yourself and you hate debating, Well.
Speaker 5: Yes, because I do.
Speaker 3: Like I think about a thing, I'm not working it out in real time. Like if I say a thing, I've thought about it and I've debated myself sometimes it's like, you know, if you're feeling away and I say, now debate against yourself. Now argue the opposite point. Because I'm never introducing a topic on this show that's so flimsy it can't stand up to a different opinion.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't take it first. I'm like, come at me, bro with what you got, because I've already thought of so in that space, when I get to that point, it could be ninety nine people on this side, and if I'm on this, I don't think like, oh, let me rethink my thoughts. I think, well, this is ninety nine wrong because on the side of this issue, this is how I feel.
Speaker 5: And yeah, no, the thing that I am, I am conviction and my belief.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm grateful for in that show is that I did not watch that whole episode.
Speaker 7: I watched that.
Speaker 1: I watched that I'm talking about Joe Budden's whole episode. I watched that full segment and then Leonard challenged me to listen to their full show when they responded to us, and it was very enlightening for me and I and I. In fact, there was a moment where I was like, I could empathize with their experience because of how many times people have seen a clip of something that we said and they didn't listen to the full context and and and it's infuriating.
Speaker 7: I was responding to somebody the other day.
Speaker 1: He was like, why why you guys saying because we called Mark and I asked him if he was an ahole, and so people were like, well, why are you doing No, I'm trying not to and you know, New Year's resolutions, and so the thing was is like, no, y'all, this was an inside joke based on what Mark was saying about Brian M.
Speaker 7: Knight.
Speaker 1: You know, but people don't look for contextques they just are trying to get.
Speaker 7: Get you at any point. And I was like, I don't ever want us to be perceived in that way.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it's just I appreciated that moment because something that I thought was going to be a shallow.
Speaker 7: Conversation forge new relationships like.
Speaker 1: Flip will pop into my lives on IG sometimes I pop into here, like I don't know what the hell they'd be talking about, but I'd be like, hey, I'm here, But it's just it's forged new opportunities to just commune with people who I probably or nearly wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Well, I did because I remember you saying that, like, oh, you should watch the whole episode. I do remember watching with the expectation that I would feel something because I remember you saying Flip was like she's saying it's too late for me to learn, yes, which I understand that moment, but I had that to compare with a breath of clips from him, and I found him to be incredibly bullying and sometimes disrespectful towards women.
Speaker 5: So it didn't counter my image.
Speaker 3: I mean, believe me, there's a lot I could say about some of the behavior of those particularly on people who were hosts on the show, but also just things that they've said, even getting into sexual assault and physical violence.
Speaker 5: So I didn't change my mind.
Speaker 1: I hope they were clear about on this show that we don't condone any physical violence or sexual assault at all. But I do think that we should all be responsible enough to not just hear a clip.
Speaker 7: I agree with that. Yeeah, and this is happening us and it sucks.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I know this is the New Year's show, but I wanted to dig in just for a moment on this.
Speaker 6: Of course, as we're getting closer to that, the hell loop ball is coming.
Speaker 9: Down, the clouds are partying, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, it's just that I don't think anybody is that thing all the time three sixty five, twenty four to seven, and and I don't know that I always thought that. In fact, I know I didn't always say that. I thought people you could be a racist, and you're always that. Rather than that, rather than.
Speaker 9: You acted like a racist, that thing was racist. Da da da da da.
Speaker 2: Because what it removes is the opportunity for people to make a different choice. If you're always gonna call me this, if I'm always going to be that to you, what's the point in the atonement, What's the point in seeing something different, What's the point in approaching this through a different lens. It is I've experienced from having been the person judging and always being judged but not really caring in that way, right that when you do care, you really want to know that there is a path to redemption or to make a different decision. When I drop my Davis, particularly because he has bad mornings, he's just he's just gonna be curmudgety, mean baby. And when I drop him off, because it's usually a fight with his siblings. When I drop him off, I say, Davis, I want you.
Speaker 9: To have a great day. You have a choice.
Speaker 2: You can be mad from this moment to the end of the day, or you can choose right now when you get out of.
Speaker 9: The car to put on a smile and have.
Speaker 6: A good day.
Speaker 9: It's your choice. You can make it a good day.
Speaker 2: And I repeat it to him because I don't think he's going to get the big picture in the moment, but just to let him know, like you're not going You're not. You don't have to be the curmudgeonique dude all day. You don't have to be the mean guy.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be to this.
Speaker 2: You don't have to respond to people who aren't listening. You have a you have a choice to make. And I just think what that conversation illuminated, and that for me, I guess it was when we put when people are perceived be in a box, oftentimes you fight like a lion, a bear, a tiger, defending your turf, settling in your turf rather than saying, okay, let me pull up a minute. Just see where is there is there a choice for me to make here? And I just hope that folks found some grace.
Speaker 1: And speaking of grace and our consummate silver lining finder, let's throw this clip.
Speaker 5: You cannot tie imperialism and racism and slavery to just one race, which is pretty much what every single exhibit does.
Speaker 7: But let's talk about the fact that when you can't slavery in America was what are you saying is incorrect by saying that every single thing is like, oh no, no, no, this is all because white people bad.
Speaker 4: There is an audience for exactly this kind of bullshit that that Michael spreads.
Speaker 6: But she's not the only one.
Speaker 4: We're getting it from black men and blackface who occupy only white spaces and who only intend to represent the interest the beliefs of white people who are at the apex of all of this simply offended and don't want their children to be offended by the history carried out by their ancestors. What I appreciate is that now that we know that this narrative drives fuels maybe a whole half of the country, then we can be better prepared when we come into contact with them about how we need to move, how we need to flow, and what checking we need to do real, live and in person when we hear it.
Speaker 3: But Andrew, you do really always find the silver lining and things. And I don't always agree with your conclusion, but I do think and I hear from a lot of people who feel like they might disagree with Angelett It might disagree with me, disagree with all right, but they're like, Andrew brings it home, like he makes this point. And I think that's a talent you have. So I'm happy that the viewers got to experience that somebody who never needs an invitation to a microphone is.
Speaker 7: Our brother who we love.
Speaker 5: Roland Martin.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: But Roe definitely has some thoughts on gen Z, which sparked quite the discussions.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from Uncle Roe.
Speaker 14: Gen X, Millennials, and gen Z. These are this is the generations that are what I call post Civil rights movement babies. Those three generations have been making withdraws from the Black Bank of Justice and have not made reciprocal deposits.
Speaker 7: Now follow me, Sada, say it damn again.
Speaker 9: I took I took the day off. I was in NASA.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you are that day. I forgot about that. He was being such a responsible dad Field trip Dad. That's great, Yeah, greas poor Davis.
Speaker 9: I don't know who's taking him.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: Young people came and responded, no, he.
Speaker 6: Was wrong, Oh, rolling be wrong, Like I definite ain't got no beef for rolling.
Speaker 8: But no, I mean, every ounce of blood, every answer of change we ever had is because of black blood that flow through the streets. And so for you to say that that the people that we're talking about who have deposited into the Bank of justice, from.
Speaker 6: The Michael Browns who started a generational.
Speaker 8: Movement or continued helped to continue it, Keith Lea, mont Scott, Walter Scott, I mean just just those people who were superficially on that level. I mean to say that Philip Agna had hadn't deposited into the black bank of justice. I mean, you can talk about the he.
Speaker 7: Said gen X was making withdraws and hadn't deposited enough.
Speaker 8: He said, he named he said ex millennials n Z. And I'm talking about kids who saw their classmates killed in Parkland, Florida. And I've and I've always thought, I've always said that if you never changed, I was a cynical one. If you didn't change gun rights after twenty six white kids were killed in Senny, they would never change. And then you had them, you had those mixed kids from Parkland decided they were going to go up and change gun laws, which is what they did after seeing that type of death.
Speaker 6: So I just think he was wrong. But people have the right to be wrong. That's okay, sure, but he was just flatly wrong on that. And I hope it.
Speaker 8: I hope it invited some dialogue and exchange with young people who have are going to be the reason this country change.
Speaker 7: Had a young people show after that.
Speaker 13: Calling it sexism is kind of lazy analysis of what's happening. This has been ongoing over time, and Democrats got some work to do to bring these brothers, not just black men, but men, bringing men back into the Democratic coalition.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 3: As a woman, I'll be honest, I do have some belief in what people might call toxic masculinity.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: I don't want to drive ever. Somebody else needs to always drive me. Two, I ain't never pumping no gas. I'll never want to pump no I want to touch gas. Somebody else is doing that. Three I don't want to take out no trash like I do believe in traditional gender roles in a lot of ways. And I think there is something interesting happening, which is what I'm exploring in my writing. There's something interesting happening in this dichotomy between black men and black women, where it is an immediate animus upon meeting each other.
Speaker 5: What are you trying to take from me? What is it you're going to give to me?
Speaker 3: Even these terms like a high value man, high value woman, and that kind of toxic thinking has penetrated our politics in a way. So that was Terrence Woodbury of Hit Strategies given us some data. And I remember, you know, our exchange after that Andrew, I thought was really helpful for the audience.
Speaker 5: The con sexualized fine. It was a debate, actually it was.
Speaker 6: It was after.
Speaker 7: Other brother Gary Chambers No No, No poster Terrence.
Speaker 2: Barry Cornell made the comment that yes, black men, but black women. That it was sort of a definitive comment, basically saying, but for black women, we be lost.
Speaker 9: You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Where did he do that?
Speaker 9: This was after at the end of that episode.
Speaker 7: He wasn't on the show.
Speaker 9: The the episode where we had this. Yeah, he must have done. What was he was wood Bear by himself?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 9: When we had when we had was his face on the poster?
Speaker 5: Where is he by parents? By himself?
Speaker 9: What's his face? There was just name name has never been on this? Oh no, well it was a mini.
Speaker 5: Then unfortunately we're we have like thirty seconds last.
Speaker 1: With Gamby Lady. It was he hurt him and Gammy that they were on the show. Forget Okay, I'm sorry, no, no, no worries.
Speaker 9: But they've done the study. I'm sorry, we're in the show. I was trying to that's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, well you can check out the full show. They should revisit that show since we're.
Speaker 9: Talking about two different shows.
Speaker 6: It was one of the many debates that lost that Tiffany lost on this.
Speaker 3: Well, if you are a regular viewer of the show, you know that I say I don't like to debate, and my co hosts are like, well, yeah, yes you do.
Speaker 6: So that's what you say, literally, I don't debate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she means that to let you know she is foreclosed conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is done, but we have a different idea on.
Speaker 7: What debates It exercise and futility, and that is also debatable.
Speaker 6: You know it's not debatable. But I am going to miss Tiffany Cross.
Speaker 7: Oh we'll miss you too.
Speaker 5: I'll miss you.
Speaker 6: Can we sat to split the check four ways? And can we still?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 3: True story when I when I told my co host, I was like, guys, I'm thinking of leaving the show.
Speaker 5: But Carrie's first response is good, we get this with the money three ways.
Speaker 7: It's all about the benjamins for this food. You need money to bouy it. Damn glitter exactly.
Speaker 6: I got babies. It's great.
Speaker 9: I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: What's okay?
Speaker 5: Maybe we all want to give a shout out to the staff or.
Speaker 7: What about quick resolution?
Speaker 5: The c t a okay quick resolution? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Read fiction?
Speaker 5: Oh thank you. People be trying to hate on fiction and it's good.
Speaker 6: Every day. Be a better husband and father.
Speaker 7: Oh I like that.
Speaker 9: You have a lot of room. That's great.
Speaker 1: Mine is to watch and pray. An emphasis on the watch because it's a lot happen.
Speaker 6: Is that a movie?
Speaker 7: No, it is a call to action.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make sure that I'm focused more on praying and being meditative in my practices. And making sure that I'm watching my mouth, being mindful of the words that I speak, being a better listener, and praying because it's gonna take God to get us out of dismiss.
Speaker 9: And it will will, it will come on all right.
Speaker 5: My CTA.
Speaker 3: My call to action is, if you watched earlier this month, we did a whole episode on Pop the Balloon, and I was complaining that it's the foolishness that often gets eyes and Native lamp Pod, I think, is a space where you can get information, humor, funny times, stage and foolishness.
Speaker 7: But at least you know you get no it's nonsense.
Speaker 3: You can get some nonsense on this show too sometimes, but at least it's grounded in an effort to inform. So my call to action is, please continue to watch Native Lampod, and please, as I'm navigating my way on our ride or today i was sella angela, I don't even know how to navigate this space anymore. It's, you know, just a time gone by. So as I'm developing my next move, please join me. For now, you can follow me on my substack, which is just my name, but join me in whatever I build next. Stay tuned at the when the credits roll, you might get an announcement here, but please help me inform because that's really what I want to do, And so wherever I land next, I hope that you guys will join me.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to link to every single one of the episodes that we clipped for your viewing pleasure today, and we also would like to inform you that there are three hundred and six days left until the midterm election. To make sure that you leave us a review and subscribe to Native lamp Pod after Nick goes onte here.
Speaker 7: We're available on all podcast platforms and YouTube.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for more shows like ours, check out the other shows on our reason Choice Media Networks Bys with Jamil Hill, Off The Cup with st Cup, and Now You Know with Noah David Rasso. Be sure to give those a follow, and don't forget to follow us too on social media and subscribe to our text or email list on Native lampod dot com. We are Angela Raie, Andrew Gillen, Bacari Sellers, and Tiffany cross Is signing off.
Speaker 7: Welcome home, y'all, Welcome home this Cross.
Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.