Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: College football fans, the Championship is here, and Draft Kings Sports Book is making sure you can throw down on the epic Showdown for a shot at big bucks. New customers can score one hundred and fifty and instantly and bonus bets for betting five dollars on the Championship game. Download the app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly and bonus bets for betting just five bucks on college football only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with the Cold Shannon, the crown is yours. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite sports on Shouting Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five Runner, Extraordinary Bingo, Ring of Famer, Bengal Legend, Liberty City's Finest, hey.
Speaker 1: Day County Baby.
Speaker 3: Talk to him now, Chad O, Joe Sinko Johnson. We want to thank you.
Speaker 2: We are now at officially six hundred and sixty nine thousand subscribers.
Speaker 3: Wait, thank you six sixty nine o Jo. We moving.
Speaker 2: We like the Jefferson were moving on us and make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap Nightcap podcast feed. We have two feeds. You can get it through club shay Shade. You can also get it through Nightcap. Make sure you make sure you click, make sure you like hit that subscribe button. Because it's only because of you. I want to thank you guys personally for emptying out the stock of La Portier, and we'll help. We'll have some back. We're thinking Monday. I'm almost certain of that. Don't quote me, but I think Monday will have it back up. We've also pinned o your cigars at the top of the chat. You you empted out his stock. He was able to replenish it, so let's do it again. Let's empty it out again. That's chat o Jo Sinko's his cigars have been pinned at the top of the chat.
Speaker 3: Do its a favorite?
Speaker 2: Go get yourself one by someone some cigario Listen a lot of those, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Matter matter of fact, for those those of you that don't smoke cigars, listen, it's all about the experience. It's all about the experience, so you can't enjoy it obviously. This cigar is a is one of the bigger, bigger sizes of the board, Vita. It's a little spicy. I'm gonna tll you head the time. It's a little spicy, A bigger ring gauge is about five by five, you know, time sixty two. The filler from Nicaragua, the rapper from Mexico, Madua, excuse me, Maduro, it's from Mexico. So you'll enjoy it. You'll like it. And make sure if you already have, if you already have unks, look for you. If you already got cognac, man, go ahead and get you eighty five. Man, enjoy that thing and pay it together.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I think real good. You know, Oh, Joe, I used to spoke. I used to smoke Cubans. Yeah, okay, now it was close to Tampa nuggets. That's close to Cuba, right, Tampa nuggets.
Speaker 1: No, remember, I don't know about no Tampa nuggets now.
Speaker 2: Man, man don't know about Hey, chat y'all hook owe your up there, some of them Tampa nugget.
Speaker 1: Tampa nugget. What's the Tampa nugget?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a cigar by you buy over the counter that would have that with the old.
Speaker 3: Head hold on.
Speaker 1: You talk like a black and mile or something.
Speaker 2: It ain't no black in Miuth, but it's kind of but you buy behind the counter, just like you would have black and mouth swish and sweet.
Speaker 1: This must be like like a little bit more fancier version of a black and mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, But.
Speaker 2: That's what the old That's what my grandfather and the man back in the when I was coming up, late sixties seventies, that's what they smoked.
Speaker 3: They didn't know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: They just got on this thing back probably about twenty five years ago. They started smoking he Cuba. But the men that were I grew up in the South. It was on the Tampa Nuggets hard.
Speaker 3: Tampa left Jet right into the Coats. Coats lose to the Texans.
Speaker 2: The Texans beat the Coats twenty three nineteen to clinch at least the wild card berth. After the night's win, c J. Stroud slowed up the rookie of the year of start moving the court.
Speaker 3: He just did. C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud was twenty of twenty six, two hundred and sixty four yards two touchdowns. They have a chance to clinch the NFC South if the Jaguars lose. I think they're at home, right They're at home to the Titans if they lose. If the Jags lose, the Houston Texans win the division. You know Trevor Lawrence isn't playing right, Jags on the road, Oh Jackson on the road, and there's a chance that Trevor Lawrence does not play.
Speaker 3: You're right, so let mean CJ. Bathart. If I'm not mistaken, we'll get the start right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, go ahead, O Joe, go ahead, man, listen that guy. Damn before you even talk about the game. I just got to say something about CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 1: I don't know where this young fella got his tutelage from. I know Snoop had him when he was young, when he was in Pop Warner, But to be able to for him to be a rookie, stay with me now, now that I played for a long time, you played the game of football for a long time. For him to play as boys and being able to process with pressure coming down the chamber and never and never fold and stay relaxed and makes them the throws, whether it be on balance, off balance time and throws off time and throws rhythm throws and everything's on the point. He made two throws a night, the one where he threw the dig route, the Nico Collins where he was. He was on his back foot and still through the time and route. Then the other one, the nego calls. It looked like he had pressure and he was he was going backwards. He retreated and retreating. Man, come on, man, you ain't people, you ain't. You ain't doing that as a rookie. For him to be this far ahead of the learning curve as a rookie already with a chance to clint the division and know what, he changed the franchise around in a short amount of time.
Speaker 3: Man, that young fella.
Speaker 1: Man see the sud I'm gonna give your flowers the early baby, I want to give you flowers early man with you what you shown you know, uh, the entirety of this season, man, and obviously tonight the first player the game, they set the tone. No, yeah, they set the tone the first play the game. Obviously things you know, the way a game works. You know, you can't you ain't gonna play like that in the entirety of a game. But the clutch, the clutch when it was seventeen seventeen and at last drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he put one together. Man, come on, and the thing and the thing is Ojoe. For him to be a rookie and to go on the road with so much at stake. Yeah, we know we're going into a hostile environment. You feel real, real comfortablehen you go into a hostile environment and you got a season bettering good quarterback. But you're talking about a rookie. But he doesn't play like a rookie. There's a reason he has that captain see on his chest. There's a reason why that when he's in the game, you don't hope to win, you expect to win. And that's what the expectations are for the Houston Texans moving forward because they got one. They got one. Oh yeah, they didn't have to do anything. They didn't move up or down. They stayed right there and they kept their draft picks and the Deshaun Watson he wanted to move on. But if you look at the picks that they used and what they parlayed, I think Nico Collins was one of those picks that they ended up using in the Deshaun Watson trade. The Anderson I mean, they're gonna be loaded. I mean there's a great chance and I believe they might. They might have Coach of the Year. I think Demiko Ryan sold it up being coach of the Year. And that's not that's not to take anything away from Kevin Stefanski, because you know they had four, four or five different quarterbacks. Uh, they're gonna make the playoffs. But a rookie head coach a rookie quarterback. So your quarterback is gonna be Rookie of the year. The head coach, I believe, will be coach of the Year. And there's a chance Will Anderson Junior might be defensive rookie of the year year.
Speaker 3: That's either gonna be him or Jalen Jaylen Carter.
Speaker 2: I'm maybe spooned. I mean the guy upens out of the corner up in Seattle.
Speaker 1: We had an unbelievable season. Brandon right, is it brand yeah spoom yeah, yeah, be nice.
Speaker 3: He really nice. Mate.
Speaker 2: Mate made the Pro Bowl. So that's gonna go a long way with the voters. Like, Okay, his peers, coaches, even you know, the fans old enough of this young man to put him into the Pro Bowl. Yeah, but I thought, but I thought C J. Stroud twenty twenty sixties over four thousand yards. If I'm not mistaken, he might be the fifth rookie quarterback. I know Cam did it. I know Justin Herbert did it.
Speaker 3: Andrew Luck did it, and J. J. Stroud did it, Jameis Winston.
Speaker 2: So he's the fifth quarterback to throw for four thousand yards in his rookie season.
Speaker 3: I think all the other No, Andrew Luck did not win Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert did, James Winston did, Cam Newton did, and there's a great chance c. J. Stroud will add to that. Only Andrew Luck did not win Rookie of the Year, but that was because RG three had a sensational year. It took those until those Washington that Washington team until the playoffs. But congratulations the coach, you fall hard, you lose your rookie quarterback.
Speaker 3: You have high.
Speaker 2: Expectations for Garnamnshaw was thirteen to twenty four, one hundred and forty one yards, coach, were all three in the red zone and they were terrible.
Speaker 3: On third down.
Speaker 1: John a game.
Speaker 3: Oh he had he almost ran them, He almost.
Speaker 2: Ran them back, took the game, you know, right, yeah, right, yeah right, So he played well.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud finishes history his his historic rookie regular season, third leading rookie panser in the league, only behind Andrew Luck and Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: But look at his touchdown to interception ratio.
Speaker 2: You talk about the guy that had twenty three to pass the touchdowns and I think only five in exxxceptions. Yeah, and he missed the game and he left a game early, So who knows what those numbers could have been. He might have missed two games. He might have he might have missed too. Yeah, Man, listen that god damn Nico Collins. Man, that guy damn Nico College.
Speaker 3: He's in. He's in the third year. Man.
Speaker 1: He had nine for one ninety five. He had a big game last week. Tank Dale goes down. Man, they a't missed a beating the passing game this week.
Speaker 2: Noah Brown might be out too, because I didn't see him call his name though maybe they didn't target him.
Speaker 3: You know I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't have the sound on, so I was just because every time I looked up, he was throwing the ball Todall or he was hitting one of those wide receivers. I thought Dalton Shows who came over. Uh, he was their second year with them from the Cowboy. I thought he played well back, came in.
Speaker 3: And caught it.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of big catchers they had a touchdown catch. Yeah, So I like what the Houston Texans have put forward. Uh, this is a young team and they have a lot to look forward to, look forward to going forward in the future. And the Houston Texans fans. You guys have a y'all have a team. You have a coach that's gonna be there for a while.
Speaker 1: You got to you got a quarterback that's going to be there for a while.
Speaker 2: Well that's what you well, that's after battle. That's after battle. You get that guy. You you you you you Gucci?
Speaker 3: Are you good?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: CJ Strive in the game winning drive, he was seven or seven for eighty yards seven seven for eighty yards. That just goes to show you game winning drive in the fourth quarter to since Houston to the playoffs for the first time since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always said the game of football is about moments. What do you do in certain moments that's what make you great. And when it counted, when it mattered most, he came in the clutch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's just what you have. I mean, you remember you remember that? Oh yeah, you remember that. You remember Kurk Gibson limping around the base. You you remember where you were when you saw it, the catch or the maculum reception. I mean you you remember those moments. Sometimes it's not about the entirety of the game, it's about a moment that's captured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so for CJ. Stroud, this was his moment.
Speaker 2: Okay rookie of the year because I believe Pooka on the core is gonna break the rookie receiving ruck. He needs forty I think forty six yards to break that record by Bill Gorman, who's held it since nineteen sixty nineteen sixty one. But he's like, I'm gonna leave it. I wanna leave this on the voter's mind. I'm gonna leave this on your mind. So when you go to bed tonight and you write your story because you got a deadline to me, hey, make sure you're mentioned that c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud went on the road. He was twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six with two touchdowns, led a game winning drive and he got us got him in the playoffs. So I just want to put that on your mind before you go to baby, before on that pillow. Just make sure you remember when it comes.
Speaker 1: But the way the way Pooking the cool have been playing, and the way Stafford has been targeting that boy. Ain't no telling what numbers he gonna put up tomorrow. I mean, but tomorrow is Sonday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, but you remember remember Justin Jefferson rookie season.
Speaker 1: Oh and you.
Speaker 3: Remember Justin Herbert when Justin Herbert.
Speaker 1: Right, You're right right, They always gonna lean towards the goddamn quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hell high.
Speaker 2: Water, Yes, yes, I mean even unless you like Randy. You remember Randy rookie. Randy was Rookie of the Year over Peyton. But Peyton didn't have I mean, Peyton threw what twenty three twenty six touchdowns, He threw like twenty one interception and he didn't throw for four thousand yards. So Randy came in with seventeen touchdown eighteen hundred yards and everybody remember him jumping up over, running up and down the field. But I just think and both have. Both guys have had unbelievable seasons. Pooking the coop made the Pro Bowl. That's crazy to make the Pro Bowl. To make the Pro Bowl this year. For the receivers, yeah, you think about who got left home, But Kevin Junior got left home for the coats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got one hundred and six catches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almind Saint Brown he got left home. He had like one hundred and twelve catches. It's just tough, DK metcal So when you I mean, it wasn't easy to make it this year.
Speaker 1: You had to be you had to be on your show.
Speaker 3: I think Nico Collins got left home also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to be on your ship well to make it this year. Yeah, you had to be on about from from week one all the way through and he been on. He been on fire all season long.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to the Houston Texans advancing to the playoffs. Congratulations well c J. Stroud, Demico Rise and that Houston Texans fans got stand up. You should be proud of this team. You're going to the playoffs for the first time since twenty nineteen. The Steelers go on the road, keep their slim playoff hopes live win seventeen ten win over the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 3: Their arch rival.
Speaker 2: Mason Rudolph has been playing unbelievable eighteen to twenty, passing for one hundred and fifty two yards, one touchdowns, no intercession, But it's kind of bittersweet.
Speaker 3: They did lose. T J. Watt Henery.
Speaker 1: I think it's an MCL spring.
Speaker 2: They say it's an impossible MCL possible grade three, which would make it very very unlikely or for him to play next week. I mean, I'm sure he might want to try to. He would probably put a race on it, Ojo. But as a guy that's bendy who needs all that plation to be able to be in in the twist, it's gonna because it might be a bit much to ask, But like I say, they do have a slim What if the Jags lose or the Bills loose?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 1: What is it a grade one? What is this grade one MCL.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's a grade wonder the chance he could put a brace on it and play. Okay, But you're still asking an awful lot for the simple fact of the position that he's played and what you're asking because you're asking him to be all that twitchy twist in.
Speaker 3: And do it deep right right right.
Speaker 2: So you're asking that that's not like just the regular offense. This offensive lineman you put the brakes on because you know, you know you straight ahead and you know you're.
Speaker 3: Sitting and catching.
Speaker 2: It's hard I'm not I'm not trying to try to minimize anybody with an injury, but when you play in the way that he played, yeah, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: But they did win. Mike Tomlin uh.
Speaker 2: Uh kept Mason Rudolph as the starter even though Kenny Pikett was deemed a healthy after the ankle injury, and rightfully so.
Speaker 3: Kenny Pickett has been playing.
Speaker 1: You got you guys, got to stay with the hot hand. You gotta stay with the hot hand.
Speaker 2: Three and oh, so what did you take? What'd you like for the steevels? What did you see?
Speaker 1: Listen the runner game? It was it was the weather was horrible. The weather was horrible. It's a visional game. So you already know what the weather the way it was, you know they were gonna run the ball down their throat. Naja ran the ball went crazy, went crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Ravens had some success a little bit. They even even had some sense through the air. They had some sex to their but come come hell of high order. Obviously, the Steeler did a hell of a god damn job running the ball. But I was really proud to see tonight, the fact that the Steelers were winning and my brother George Pickens.
Speaker 3: Was very patient.
Speaker 1: He stayed in the game, he stayed focused, He contributed, he blocked even though he wasn't a part of the passing game, you know, and he kept he kept his points.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, it's tough to be in a game like that.
Speaker 2: Your cold, you're wet, They're not even attempt to throw you the ball, and you know what's at state. The last thing you want to do and throw your helmet show frustration, missile block with a chance to get they might the fans might have ranged him up out of the forget the Steelers.
Speaker 3: The fans might have raand him up out of there. But I think the situation like this, I think miss Block. Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 1: I think he was content because the past two weeks he went crazy. No, I'm about crazy crazy. So okay, you know what, I can have a game. I can have a game off of le Deontay Johnson went his way. He made the plays that he needed to make. He had one for seventy one. He broke he broke out. You know what, It's cool.
Speaker 3: They needed that. It's cool they needed that. Yeah, and you mentioned.
Speaker 2: Nijer Harris started his career three straight one thousand yard seat a rush season, the first guy to do that since Washington.
Speaker 3: What's the running back Washington? Which Washington Washington football team?
Speaker 2: Clint Porters, No, not Porters. He played with Shanahan in that West Coast system. He was Morris, Alfred Morris. Oh out, Okay, remember he was the running back with RG three right, Yeah, and had RG three. I mean he had over sixteen hundred yards rushing as a rookie. RG three won the MVP, excuse me, the Offensive Rookie of the Year and deserving it. So so he's the first guy to start his career with three straight one thousand yard rush seasons since Alfa Morris did it and I think twenty twelve, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, if I'm not mistaken, and so give the Pittsburgh Steelers credit.
Speaker 3: Defense got at them. Great chance that H. T. J.
Speaker 2: Watt would lead the league and sacks again, he had two and he was leading. He was tied for the league coming into the game. Yeah, he has nineteen. Now I'm sure Henderson would love to have that title. Yeah, to be the NFL sacked leader or season that says something. It's just like being the rush leader, the reception leader, the past leader, the touchdown leader, interception leaders, tackle leader, whatever the case may be. For one year, I had more of this than anybody else in the NFL. And so that's something that you you would want. I'm sorry to see TJ go down like that because he's friendly fired. You know, he got kind of like bent back. His knee got bent back, and you could tell it was it was he totally relaxed. Yeah, and then boom and so uh sorry about that. The Steelers, I know it's bittersweet, but you still have a slim playoff hope if the Jags lose or the Bills lose. I mean, thinking about this, the Bills could go from being the two seed all the way out of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: How they win their the two seed, they lose it out of the playoffs, and.
Speaker 1: That's that's one of the worst things when to come to the playoff time. When it comes to playoff football, the worst feeling is having to rely on another team to win and lose to get you because you didn't handle your business the other sixteen weeks. That's bad.
Speaker 3: It's tough. Dan.
Speaker 2: Maybe you send uh, maybe you send somebody, hold on. I'm trying to think if I'm just well, obviously the Steelers is going to be watching that game very closely than ten.
Speaker 3: C, right, I mean listening.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think Trevor Lawrence is gonna play. I don't think he's gonna play because the last time I think, I think I might have seen this today, it might have said he was out when it cross, when it went across the ticker. If I'm not mistaken, I think there's nothing wrong. It's Blaine Is is Blaine Galpers, Right, that's the that's the back Yeah, no bathroom, Yeah, that's right. I mean, there's there's nothing wrong with with with CJ. But I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong with him in the backup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the road.
Speaker 1: And you know that, you know, the Titans want to finish the season, and he's.
Speaker 3: Very mistake prone. Ojo. That's what that's what That's what helped get him up out.
Speaker 1: Of You know what happens with quarterbacks that a mistake prone. The playbook shrinks significantly because you do only do so much with him. You can only do so much because you don't want to put the ball in.
Speaker 4: Put the ball, you gonna shrike the playbook anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, so if the playbook was like this and you got to back up any cot here, Now he turns the ball over, that he to.
Speaker 3: Playbook like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh and so now you gotta lean heavily on ah c N.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he's healthy.
Speaker 2: Uh. The guy's gonna have to really step and make plays. Ingram is a very good tight end Calvin Ridley. Guys like that, they're gonna have to step up and make plays. They're gonna have to really really play well to pick their quarterback up because they are on the road against Tennessee and nothing, mistery Love Company. Hell, if I'm Tennessee, we ain't going to the playoff with Hell, we're gonna knock y'all. I guarantee y'all, y'all. Playoff hopes die here today. Everybody died today, everybody. So when we getting the players, we get those empty bags tomorrow on Monday. Guess who else gonna get a match upsel A lugging the Jacksonville Jags. Yep, yep, No, ain't nobody going, Ain't nobody going, Ain't nobody going? You right, y'all wouldn't let me drive the ship. Y'all wouldn't let me drive, So I'm gonna sake the damn boat. So that's how I'm looking at. If I'm the Tennessee Titans. If we can't make the playoffs, everybody going home.
Speaker 1: Everybody going home, everybody meet y'all and can can coon on.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, you go, hey, what y'all got, what you got going on Monday? What you got going on Tuesday? Because y'all ain't gonna be practicing. Y'all are gonna be practicing. Hey, I see y'all old, I see all those at the start of ot A off season conditioning, which starts probably with like April. Yeah, because y'all ain't got nothing to do until then, because there ain't gonna be no playoffs. So I wish y'all the basil. Hey man, great season, Yeah man, you do all right?
Speaker 3: Man? That what you're getting into.
Speaker 2: Hey, o Joe, that's how I'm thinking. That's my mindset. Oh we've got out of the playoffs, right, Oh you think and you come in to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: And you think I'm tuck.
Speaker 2: Now, You're not going to do that, And so you can have a you can have your field, said, Oh, with a playoff steak on the line, such and such went to Denver HM did that. No, it's not gonna happen. You're going home. I'm going home. You going home? Hey, everybody, Hey, let's get back together. Jadavia Clowny with under minute left in the first half, sack Mason Rudolph. Oh, that game of a nine and a half sacks on the season, that's said. That sack triggered a seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars Monu.
Speaker 3: I liked I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you know it's crazy. Though sometimes you think about I know you've heard the stories and people in the chat.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you've heard the stories.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't, if you played football, you've heard stuff like this happened throughout the league. Then did Sometimes there's a certain amount of plays you can play, a certain percentage of plays you can play. Yes, sometimes you need a certain number of yards, Maybe you need a certain number of catches. You know, they will play with you. They will play with your money and not even play you. Yes, they'll play with your money. Sometimes they will make you a healthy scratch and you don't even know what you did, and there's nothing you could do because they make a business decision because they don't want to pay you. Yeah, so the fact that they allowed him to play and get that incentive says a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh on in a situation like that, you're not trying to play with y'all. Y'all gonna give me that money. Yeah, y'all trying to give you that moneycause y'all don't try to give you that money. I'm trying to get out here and get that because you have to understand. Now, look, I understand your Davy and Clowne was the number one overall draft pick. We got a nice bonus, got a nice contract, got signed a couple of franchise tags. So he made some good money. But he ain't making no, he ain't making no what the defense of what top level? What a Miles Garrett, what Aaron Donald?
Speaker 3: What a TJ. Watt? Some of these upper tier players will making.
Speaker 2: So he had to put those incentives in and they put a nice number.
Speaker 3: It was like, okay, you get five, you know, not in the half.
Speaker 1: See that's a lot of that's that's good. That's good work, now yaes sact that's good work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he put in and he deserved it. Uh clown against gets his geinst his money. I mean I had a store. Oho, I had I think I had to play a percentage and it had to be like a round number, say less, it had to be like seventy five percent right, And I think I ended up playing like seventy four point five.
Speaker 3: Ain't no rounding up, ain't no right enough. Hey.
Speaker 2: I always thought, you know what it was five or be you know, O Joe, he just round on up seventy four point.
Speaker 3: Five, yeah, seventy five. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was one of the reasons that I stopped, you know, putting contract.
Speaker 1: Because they gonna play with you. Now.
Speaker 2: Once I became the player that I thought I was, O Joe, I felt that I should I mean, you playing me, And that was you know, three four million dollars as a tight end back of night paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out of the highest paid.
Speaker 2: So you mean to tell me I'm gonna be the highest paid tight end and I need some incentives to try to get a thousand yards. I need incentives to try to get double digit touchdown or lead the team no, or go to the Pro Bowl. No, that's what I'm supposed to do. That's what you're paying me for. So when it comes time to like, hey, you're not gonna play the last game because you know we've already clinched. Okay, cool, I ain't got no that, ain't got nothing. Hey, I just give me a Hey, let me go and get me some cardio. Keep geting my cardio in work out hard. You know I was running scout team that week, right right, right right, you know, still still working on my stuff. But uh, I don't, I don't. I don't have a problem with Jadamien Clowney playing. I saw the Cleveland Browns. I think Joe Flacco is gonna sit out tomorrow, but they're gonna play him the bonus that he would have got had he would have played.
Speaker 1: Wait, they're gonna give him bonus anyway, even if he doesn't need it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, And I believe that's what the Ravens did with Odell. I believe the Ravens Wenthad say, you know what, we believe you would have gotten that.
Speaker 3: But that goes along.
Speaker 1: Way they could do. I didn't know they could do that, even if it's written in the language that you have to how you do that. Oh yeah, of course, So that means sometime, but they don't play them playoffs and you don't hit that incentive. They're making the biggest decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or they can say, you know what, we're gonna sit you down this game, but we're gonna give you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you a bonus.
Speaker 1: I promise you. I ain't even know that, I promise you.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: They could override. They can override that and make the decision.
Speaker 2: Know what, the contract that goes against the camp, but they wrote the contract. Obviously they can do it.
Speaker 1: But there's an ugly side of the business that not very many get to see because the owners got the public and the masses food when it comes to the business for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they at I'm not gonna say a lot of times, but there have been times that guys like, okay, or a guy, let's just say it's a it's a it's a good player that has a great standing.
Speaker 3: They'll give it to him anyway. It's like, hey, you.
Speaker 2: With you a half a sack short, Hey, you've been a great You've been a great citizen for it.
Speaker 1: And most of the time it's players that are early in their career right or like it earlier or earlier early in their career in the middle.
Speaker 2: I believe a guy like an Aaron Donald or Aaron Donald, let's just say he had his five hundred thousand dollars and saying that and he's a half a sack short.
Speaker 3: You better get that man. They got damn money. Come on now, Sarah Doggar. He's been a model citizen.
Speaker 2: He's he's arguably one of the greatest, greatest, greatest players. Now, they've had a lot of great defensive players. Yea, they had Deacon Jones, they had Marland the fear of Forcer. Merland Olson was a fourteen time Pro Bowl. People don't realize that he had the most the most Pro Bowl selections until Tom broke it with fourteen. There's been I think a couple of guys with fourteen. I think Peyton had fourteen also, but Tom has the record now with fifteen. The fearsomeforcing with Lamar Lundy, Rosie Greer, Deacon Jones and Merlin and Merlin Olson.
Speaker 3: I know people think Merlin Olsen.
Speaker 2: They think the guy with a little house on the parry or Hobb Fob Hardcastle.
Speaker 3: What his name, what's his name. He played Merlin Olsen.
Speaker 2: He was he was a he was a big time TV star, but he was a heck of a football Absolutely.
Speaker 3: What year was this in there? Uh sixties?
Speaker 1: And I was to say I had to be the sixties. The name of ring A Bell.
Speaker 2: Father Murphy, Yeah, father Murphy. We started off with a Little House on the period, but then he branched off. Michael London made a show for him.
Speaker 3: What you man?
Speaker 1: Look what you know about the Little House on the Prairie now.
Speaker 2: Michael London Actually he was in Bannounce at first. That was the first movie Banza man. Let me find out playing now. I ain't seen, but you used to watch Zero Member Zoro.
Speaker 3: I do? I did watch?
Speaker 1: Hold up? What about Punky Brewster?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got one for you.
Speaker 5: Three's Company Yeah with Jacket Yeah yeah, Small Wonder Yeah, I ain't watched Small Wonder Yeah? And Jack right here? Believe were you a cartoon person?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: But you know, back when I'm growing up, cartoons only came on Saturday. There wasn't no cartoon networks. They didn't no cartoon come on in the middle of the week. You got a block. You got basically from seven o'clock till noon. So seven o'clock till like a level and cartoons.
Speaker 3: That was it? Right?
Speaker 1: So you remember Frank What about Frank of Rock? You remember Frank of Rock?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I remember Frank Rock.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Today I'm just a bill.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hope and friend that I well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jumps Hey remember remember alf?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a home I had a homeboy in Collin. Used to call him aw. He used to get mad at real. We had some good shows.
Speaker 3: I got an alf dog.
Speaker 1: Now we had some good shows back then. Man, Yeah, we had some real good shows.
Speaker 3: I uh.
Speaker 2: No, I believe that long Jared Jones sends a blunt ultimatum to a blunt ultimatum to Mike Mcarthury and the Cowboys coaching staff. The athletic Diana Rascini reported that Cowboys players were told this week that they cannot make the same mistake the Patriots made in twenty nineteen and their regular season finale.
Speaker 3: Against the division opponent the Patriots in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Like the Cowboys, this week and Week E, team are double digit betting favorites against the division bottom feeder. More important and ultimatum appeared to be delivered to Mike McCarthy. Even though they secure the number two, they will secure the number two seed according to a league. So it's the message the Cowboys this week. We can't squander the number two seed. Damn that seed. Hey, it's the opportunity. You're in the playoffs. You can't squander this opportunity. See what happens, Ojoe, is that people get caught up in the seeds. Oh I'm the number one seed. I'm the number two seed. Man, a team that's playing against you, don't give a damn about that at all. Drop they come to drop voters on.
Speaker 1: You seem don't married. But again here you go, Jerry Jones again, why are you even saying anything putting that kind of a pressure on your team. I'm not saying the pressure because that football.
Speaker 2: But why do you remember I told Yojo? You remember I told Yojo? There are certain bosses that had like to constantly remind you. I have the opportunity I gave you employment. I can take employment. That's Jerry.
Speaker 1: We know though, we know, yes, we know what's the point on you.
Speaker 3: Own the Cowboys? We know you the CEO, you the VP, you you.
Speaker 2: You watch the jerseys, you motograms, we know you control every single aspect of the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Jerry needs to get out the way. Jerry Jones needs to get out the way. I'm not sure who those are closest to him that are advising him. I'm sure there are people that he cares about. I'm sure there are people that care about him. But if you want to see your football team go and get to where it needs to get to, we need you in the background. You don't need to be front center doing all the talking, adding more pressure and bulletin bowman. For the team that they're playing that is a divisional opponent, even though they're a bottom feeder, those games are very difficult. Those games are very difficult because you're playing a team that is familiar with you. They know your tendencies, like, come on, Jerry, you can't do that, man, come on, baby.
Speaker 3: See that's the whole thing. That's why I didn't work with him and Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Jimmy was Jimmy was the alpha, and Jimmy alpha. I could tell. I could tell he had to get thin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can tell, because ain't nobody.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody. They talked about Jerry was the donor. Ain't nobody talk about like like Jimmy like Jerry. Now, Jimmy didn't play that, right, See, Jerry wants to be the fraid see nobody, You're not gonna be the face of the Cowboys, but Jerry Jones. Yeah, yeah, that's what they're talking about. When Tom Brady was available, Oh, let get tom Brady. Tom Brady was never gonna play for Jerry. Jared was never gonna get Tom Brady. You can't have somebody bigger than him, you think, So go get Sean Payton and do what. Jerry's not gonna allow anybody to come in there and be bigger than him.
Speaker 3: He won't allow it.
Speaker 2: Because his whole being is tied to being the owner of the Cowboy, right, his whole being. There are a lot of people that got more money than Jerry. They're not more famous than Jerry.
Speaker 1: Right seeyeh see, I see you. I like I like what you did there.
Speaker 2: You did yo, that's what that's that's Jerry's thing. You're right, he can't he can't get out of way.
Speaker 1: Goddamn Cowboys. I hope that them have a hell of a game too, simply because now they have to back up to talk from the goddamn owner who ain't put on a pair of pads since goddamn nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's not this game they need to worry about. A regular season. The regular season is not any concern.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, are they they playing their starters to know?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, they got you because they got a chance to click. They need to in order to be the second seed. So they got to play this start right, Okay?
Speaker 1: And also if they get the second seed, they got home field advantage too.
Speaker 2: Right, they got yep, but they have to play to see the forty nine ers are the number one seed, the only one to get to buy by right, So theoretically they can possibly have two games at home, maybe three if somebody knock off the forty nine, that they could have.
Speaker 3: You know, they can play that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, unless it's somebody got a defense like the god damn Ravens. That's the only way I see the forty nine is losing again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or or turnovers. You know, that's the great equalizer to come playoff time. That's the great equalizer, the playoff time.
Speaker 3: You know. You hey, look and the.
Speaker 2: Same thing that happened you see how the weather was in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Oh that was horrible.
Speaker 2: Now you get now, imagine you get that type of weather in the playoffs. Don't think it won't rain in San Francisco, because it will.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, and now I guess what a couple of turnovers and miskick and you up out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, you're right when you put it like that.
Speaker 2: So it's a it's a it's a situation where hey, this is what the Cowboys wanted. The Cowboys like. Look, Dak has had a number legal season. He has an opportunity to league the league and passing touchdowns ceedee. Lamb has an outside shot of leading the league in and catches and yards. I think he's like fifty sixty yards behind Tyreek. He's ahead of everybody as far as catches. So he has a chance the league and lead the league and receiving yards and touchdowns not touchdown, excuse me, receptions and receiving yards. There's an outside chance he can catch.
Speaker 3: Tyreek. But doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: What are all those numbers if you if you get knocked out in the first round, if you don't get the ultra destination, because at this point in time, The only thing that matters. Are you in Vegas? Are you in Vegas? Come February? The second week in February. Are you in Vegas? That's all I need to know. Everything does nothing else matter?
Speaker 1: O Joe?
Speaker 3: Are you in Vegas? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That Lombarding, O Joe.
Speaker 3: I know we've been talking about this, O Joe, what happened? My cat can't?
Speaker 2: Williams Interview it's still a viral yas a twenty it's a twenty seven million views.
Speaker 1: What did I tell you it was gonna be at by the time you come on here Saturday? I said twenty I said twenty twenty seven?
Speaker 2: From what with what I've been able to deduce, it's the third most viewed conversation interview, whatever you want to call it. I call myself a conversationalist.
Speaker 3: I have to.
Speaker 2: I like to have conversations. Some people say it's an interview. Thirty second is the second place. So I'm really, I really hoping I get Joe Rogan has too. Joe Rogan, if I'm not mistaken, has a fifty seven million bill.
Speaker 3: Lazar Bill. I think Lessel Lazar.
Speaker 2: He's a guy that came out about us, the US a new knows about UFOs and he had a thirty two million view episode.
Speaker 3: With Elon Musk. Okay, okay, okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Definitely think in the first I mean, but we had twenty seven with three days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you go, you don't surpass its thirty two.
Speaker 3: I definitely believe you thirty two.
Speaker 1: You will be the second, the.
Speaker 2: Fifty seven over a four years. So there's an outside chance you have people gonna go back.
Speaker 1: You might. You might catch that too, if you if you on day three, if you on day three and we had twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you might. You might.
Speaker 2: Cares still doing about it's still doing about about five about five.
Speaker 3: To seven million views a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the thing with when it comes to somebody like like like a Cat Williams who is a comedian, And when you speak, you know, you know, you know us, you know, we love things that are that are messy at times, you know, and it creates traction. It creates traction, and and then the truths or the truth or the lies behind it. You know, people can can make the assessments on their own and do their own homework. It gets it gets it. It gets everybody churning, it gets, it gets the noise, it gets, it gets to going and everybody chirping, everybody want to watch. And you got everybody named Ama talking about that got that interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. I had a lot of people that have reached out, people that don't really that don't really listen to or subscribe to club or know anything about that, but they I mean, because it was on every news network, it was on ET. People are talking about it, and the basketball locker rooms and the NFL and every circle people have talked about it. And what's disappointing to me, but because there are people that that do what you and I do that had so much to say, and it's only because of jealousy, because I guarantee you if Kat was on their podcast and did exactly what he did on my podcast, they would have never said what they're saying. Oh he let know. That was the decision that I had to make him a split second o joke. And what I always try to do is not talk over against Okay, tell your side, tell your story, tell it without me interrupted, and then if there's a point that I think I need to add or I need to you know, refrint question Okay, we'll go there there. But in that situation, Ojo, I've got to make a split second. I know I got card. Okay, I want to start at this place. But he said, I want to tell you why I came. You offer a safe place, a safe space for people to.
Speaker 3: Say and to get things.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, and then he went, Now I'm teed up ready to go in the direction that I think because at the end of the day, Ojo, even though he went the direction that he went for thirty minutes, I still had to have structure. I still had to get the trade back on the track. Even though I don't think he was off the track. He wanted to get that office chat. Now he got that office chest.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now let's get to where you come from. How did you come to be? How did you leave Ohio? Why did you leave Ohio? How did you end up in Florida as a thirteen year old with a rock waller puppy in the back of an eighteen week right? How did that come about? What was the thought process? When did you know this was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What made you leave Florida and go to OKC Oklahoma? But man, it's just everybody got something to say. Man, bro that it's like everybody, but they never said anything. When I let Steve say what he said, when I said what he said, what he said, When I let everybody say what they said, nobody said anything. Now all of a sudden because it goes viral. I guarantee you, Ojoe, if this video had a done two point seven million views, nobody would have said.
Speaker 3: A damn not at all, not at all, not at all because Deeve Harvey go ahead ahead.
Speaker 1: They just upset that. I'm assuming you you got the interview, you got, you got the interview. I don't think there's a space or a person out there that I think he would have he would have felt comfortable with where he would have been as open and right with he was literally open, because when when you're talking to you, there's a certain level of comfort, there's a certain or there's a certain energy that you have, you know, obviously being in locker rooms, being able to to to talk to people, and it's just it provides a certain type of I don't even know how to explain it.
Speaker 2: It's a comfort level that they have that they're gonna be able to tell their side of this, They're gonna be able to tell their story without any judgment from me.
Speaker 1: There we go, there we go, and at the end of the day that very few people like that, very very few people like that, very few.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not I'm not here to judge. I've asked you to.
Speaker 2: I mean, there have been times that people have reached out to me to come home. But most of the time I reach out and I'm asking, you know, if you're free, you know, hey, get back to me. Sometimes I have to go through a manager. Sometimes they have to go through a publicist. Sometimes I deal directly with the individual, doesn't matter, it's okay. And then or I'm passing off to CJ. And then CJ's like, you know, he and I huddle up and says, okay, what day worked best for you? These are the times he came in. You know, I'm like, say, Joky, did he give you a time? What's his time limit? Sometimes they say, hey, I got as much time as you need. Sometimes they say only got an hour, I only got seventy five minutes, I only got ninety minutes. I normally I say I need at least I need at least seventy five minutes. That's normally what I got. I said, I normally needed at least seventy five minutes. Cej, is there anything that they say that we can't ask when I got? When I had Steve Harvey, I had no intentions of asking him anything about his wife, asking him nothing about his daughter. He volunteered that Chenna, why didn't you push back and say, well, Steve, you said this about your first wife, Steve, you.
Speaker 3: Did this, this and this. Nobody said the damn thing. When? When? When? When? When?
Speaker 2: When? He even asked me? If Kat even asked, We'll say when when? Cedric said what I said? Said the reports that Kat said that there was a joke that he told that that you stole from him. Sad said, I didn't steal no joke. I said, he said, you know, it don't even sound the same. I said, okay. Nobody said, Shannon, you should have pulled out the video and showed him cat joke and his joke. Nobody said anything right now, all of a sudden, Cat well cat hold on and I said, it was tough hearing some of the things he said about people that I've interviewed and have I'm not saying we boys if somebody bucket or burns.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know Steve, I speak to Steve.
Speaker 2: I know Quake. I talked to Quake all the time. Yes, I have said number when they came on. I didn't cut anybody off. When was the time that I've cut somebody off? Now you want me to cut him off?
Speaker 3: Man? But he going in Okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's the point I have in that space where you can tell your truth. That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: And I know a guy that he got so much, he always had something to say.
Speaker 3: Now this is the same guy. You know what, I ain't gonna even know.
Speaker 1: Look here, you gonna let it go. He ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let it go because this is what I told you. And I get on Stephen as this all the time. I say, stop giving people, Stop giving people. Your audience is here, stop giving it your platform bigger than theirs.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people sometimes success the only success they get the taste is taking a bite out of you.
Speaker 3: Leave him alone, Leave him alone. I'm doing what I'm doing. Obviously, obviously forty seven.
Speaker 2: Million people thought enough of the thought enough like oh he sitting down with cat word them out.
Speaker 3: Maybe they saw a snippet or something. Man, I need to sit down and watch this.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's two hours, forty six minutes and five seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 1: We were the last time two hours and forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Tell me the last time somebody sat down for a non sporting event two hours, forty six minutes and five seconds and watched and listen. Remember, that's why they say in linear television is dying with the exception of live events, because people's attentions fan every everybody is getting their info. They're from their smartphone, they're watching on their phone, they're streaming their phone, ipass, computer, whatever. Two hours, forty six minutes and five seconds. Think about that. That's a cowboy game. That twenty seven million people. There are some sporting events that don't get watched by twenty seven million. That's what you're mad about. You're not mad about it. I didn't cutting this man off. You're not mad about that. Oh those are your boys, and you let them talk about your boys. That's not what y'all mad about. That's not what you're mad about. Oh you not even a journalist. He could have got so much meat up the bone. You're not mad about that. You're mad that twenty seven million people to the right. Now my part, my subscribers on Club Shaysha jumped up five hundred thousand. That's what you mad about? You mad about now all of a sudden, my ig, I'm over three million, and that that's what you're mad about. The potential man, y'all know what's gonna happen now, Man, somebody might come throw a boat load or un that's what you mad about. But when you were, when you was biting the apple, I never said anything negative about y'all.
Speaker 3: I gave you. I gave you y'all credit.
Speaker 2: I never criticized anybody because I look the way I look at it. O. Yo, everything I saw my brother do, I said, I can do it. You know why, because he lived in the same house I lived in. He got rained on just like I did. He had to go outside to the woods to go to the bathroom just like I did. So hell, if he went to college, why can't I. If he go to the NFL, why can't I. So? If I see you guys do something, you do it. You're damn right. I believe I can get with you.
Speaker 1: You wanna you want to tell me who who has something to say, so I can snap real quick.
Speaker 3: Nah, you ain't gotta snap all the right man.
Speaker 2: But here see Ojo, just like everybody, like I said, everybody dis and that I don't know why he go into this. I'm going to this been because they reached out and said, you know what, we would love to have your part of my network.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I only I can only judge a man through the experiences I've had with said man. I can only judge an individual through the experience that I've experienced with said individual. How can I How can I judge O Joe if I've never been around ocho man oh yo man oh.
Speaker 3: Yo on that fuck stuff?
Speaker 2: That ain't what That's not my experience with it, right, So I'm sorry, that's your.
Speaker 3: Experience with him, o Jo.
Speaker 2: You know what I get asked and I know you get asked this also, Man, what's such and such?
Speaker 3: Like I say, I can only tell you what he's like with me.
Speaker 2: So for me to be able to speak to tell you what he's gonna be like with you, that would be a lot because I don't know. I can only speak to how he treats me and how he's treated me or how she has treated me so but all this notion, y'all need to stop this, and you're gonna catch it. You know who I'm talking about. Oh, they know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: They do. Let me look at the chat. But but but.
Speaker 1: But but that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Chat.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see it now. I see it now, I see it now. Okay, okay, okay, but.
Speaker 2: That's but that's what it's about. It's about twenty seven, right, I mean, they make it seem like I've never had Like Steve Harvey is almost at ten million, you almost at six million. Takes me uh DC young flies at four million? Yeah said in the time. I mean I got not only do the whole episode, but I got breakout clips that's done a million views, that's done two million. Vius just done three million views. They make it seem like I was peeling around. Oh my part can have forty five thousand views. No, yeah, I've had episode. I've had episodes that do three hundred thousand downloads. Yeah, man, y'all need and you wonder why you wonder why you only have limited success. You think you having success, but think about how much more success you could have if you got that nv, that jealousy and that hate at your heart. But y'all quick, y'all right, all these little catching phrases on your little page, and it's you.
Speaker 3: You're right you. All you doing is right in the memoir to yourself. Come on, man, come on, but you think you thok Hey, look at this. I got this out the mud.
Speaker 2: I came from the trenches, and you got more hate in your heart with all that you've got, that you've been blessed with so much, and all you do is hate on the man that you think better. How about get better, create better content. I'm gonna tell you this, and I'm gonna leave it alone.
Speaker 1: O Joe, you preaching right now.
Speaker 2: Just because you're first to do something, that don't mean you the best at it.
Speaker 3: Listen to me again. Chat. Just because you're first, that doesn't mean you're the best.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of time people think, well I was first, that don't mean you the best.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: So Roger Banister was the first man to break the four minute mile, Is he the best mile of all time?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I like where you're going, so, if.
Speaker 2: I'm not mistaken, Jim's Hines was the best with the first man to run a sub tense second or a hundred meeting?
Speaker 3: Was he the best hundred meeting of all the time? No?
Speaker 2: So just because you guys were the first or you were the part of the first to do it, go ahead, O Joe, that don't mean you the best at it. So I'm sorry, chat to get on my h on my soapbox tonight. But sometimes I get frustrated when people. When some people what they try to do, they smile and hey, Hey, I'm all for you, I'm all about this, I'm all about that.
Speaker 3: All the while y'all hat Hello, what's up? I say, what's that done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just I just finished braiding their hair right before we started. Too done? Wait, hold on, yeah, it's it's gonna it's yeah, we'll get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what do you think that you think? See I don't get mad. See animals get mad. Humans get upset if you think they're upset. Now wait, did they see that line up? I'm about to start rolling out. I got another one. I got another one in the in the can. And you guys don't hate it? You gonna hate it?
Speaker 3: Wait? Oh hating? Yeah? Hold on, I'm talking to you. Specifically.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know you got too, because I may remember I made that call for you.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I know I know it's Obama because I made that call for you. It is Obama telling me because I got you.
Speaker 3: See, I got the more coming, I got some more coming.
Speaker 1: Don't be mad, I know it's Obama. You don't want to say, hey, if it's Obama, just blink twice, blink twice.
Speaker 2: First of all, First of all, you do like like they asked, like who. Half the time, I don't be telling you because what y'all gonna try to do, y'all gonna try to go before me. But they they cause a lot of times I'll take the same guess.
Speaker 3: You have and do more views with them. That's what you're mad about. My own nine get.
Speaker 1: Better, Come on, precier. It's all about love.
Speaker 3: To get better.
Speaker 1: It's all about love. It's all about love.
Speaker 2: No nah, But now I see. Sometimes sometimes you have to read it because you know you can tell where you really stand because sometimes people are safe thing.
Speaker 3: Right and you hear certain things right.
Speaker 2: But now if you want to know where you staying with a person behind have a little success. You know I ain't talking about go here. I'm just so tag or have a little bit more success than what they have.
Speaker 1: Or you're cooking it, but you're cooking a night right, and watch how they behave, or you cooking a night right, watch how.
Speaker 3: They behave on ya.
Speaker 2: Now when they was, when they was doing that thing, when they beating their chance like King Kong State Building, everybody will applaud them.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: I ain't had nothing to say now all of a sudden, Man.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm I'm just sitting here, you know, just just listening.
Speaker 3: I still don't know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: But I'm assuming you're very passionate in your response to whatever they said about you.
Speaker 3: But why, I don't want to know why they're talking about me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know they I'm not I'm not an instigator. I don't want to start no stuff like that. But I'm hoping whoever it is it has an issue with you or whoever it is that said anything about you. I hope for them that.
Speaker 3: They had an issue with the success. That's what they got an issue about on Joe.
Speaker 1: I wish for them. I want them to with your success as well. Yes, I don't want I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't begrudge nobody.
Speaker 2: Nobody can ever tell you, not one person that probably can tell you. I'm talking negative about somebody. I see somebody do something.
Speaker 3: I figured with hell, they did it, I could do it too.
Speaker 2: Anytime you see somebody do something, that means it's possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that means it's possible. Oh Joe, I like you.
Speaker 1: I like for you going, because there's some things I don't seen people do I want to do. I ain't done yet.
Speaker 2: Yes, hein't o Joe without growing up. I saw ugly Joe with a nice girl. Man, I ain't no way I could get me a pretty girl there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's how I look at it. Oh Joe, I don't. I don't say. Oh what he doing with her? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm gonna give me. I see somebody, I see somebody. Man, Look, I'm motivated. When I saw Gearles Barkle, I said, man.
Speaker 3: From Alabama like that? Yeah, why can't I on TV talking just like that?
Speaker 2: And I see Michael straighthand cross Over barely talks for it, he on, he on, uh Kelly, Michael Kelly and Michael Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I could do that. Too.
Speaker 2: I see stephen A doing all the stuff he doing. I'm not jealous of them. Like man, who if I ever get an opportunity, I just got to.
Speaker 3: Make Hey, it's not luck. Lucky, is what happened?
Speaker 2: With preparation me some opportunity when the opportunity persists itself.
Speaker 3: Are you prepared? Yeah? Are you prepared put me in any situation? Hey? I can thrive because I'm built for this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you're You're different though, and that's part of your upbringing too. When you're when you when you're able to put yourself in any environment and adapt to that environment or adapter that surrounding, that's all upbringing. Some people fold depending on the situation they're in. Some people don't. I if you heard about this cam Roon.
Speaker 2: Say he identified as black, not Africa, not African America, Right, he said, I'd rather I'd rather feel in Black than African America. But Africa don't even f with us. You go over there to Africa, they call us Yankee. They with us, but we're not from the Motherland. We're from America. So I'd rather I'd rather say I'm Black American.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, that's that's that's I mean, that's obviously Cam has his own personal choice on how he wants to feel about it. I think there's some truth into some of the things that he's saying about those that are in Africa really not appealing to us or liking us, making jokes about his being Yanks for that nation, for the for the lack of better terms. But I get where he's going with it. I get where he's going, but it.
Speaker 3: I just it doesn't really mean.
Speaker 1: Much when you think about it in hindsight.
Speaker 2: You know, if I got to go way over there for somebody to have an opinion of what I am, Yeah, good.
Speaker 1: That's that's something I just And I don't think I know enough to really get in depth about the conversation in general. You know, as far as my history goes, my ancestry, we're all told that we're come from Africa, that you know, and obviously that there's a huge story behind it. I don't know enough about the story in general, and I don't want to sit here and say the wrong thing. You might be better suited to the answer than tell me your thoughts, maybe knowing a little bit more about this topic than I do.
Speaker 2: Well, when the phrase originally came we all originated from Africa, right, So they said African Africa America, So that's what you originated because that's where you came from, and so you were an African on American soil. So basically what Cam is saying, like, look, bro, we're born here, so we should be black Americans because fifty five sixty five, seventy five percent of us didn't originate in Africa. Now, maybe we have origins that started in Africa. We all did. But and his problem his argument is says like when white people, they don't say European American, right, they don't say this, they say occasion?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: I have I have a question, since we were on the topic of that, how far back do you think we would have to go in our lineage before we get to see where we are truly from?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it even possible to get back that far in our family to your lineage and actually know exactly where you're from?
Speaker 3: Well, you probably.
Speaker 2: My ancestors got off a boat in Charleston in like eighteen fifty nine, eighteen sixty something, So.
Speaker 1: How do they even how do they people even know this information?
Speaker 2: I mean there weren't great records. A lot of the records that were kept was kept in a Bible. That's why a lot of times Bible of very sacred in the black household because that held everything so such a a lot of the kids were born, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of the kids were born at home, so you wrote the date in that.
Speaker 2: So if you go back a lot of times to look at Black Bibles, right, it has the chronological of very important events, whether someone got married, someone had a child. So the records, I mean, there are some records, but you have to understand, like when you became a slave, the record was kept by them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so that was in order to you know, to trade.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a twelve year old boy, he's a thirteen year old boy. Or she's a she's of age to bear children female. So that's but yeah, you could, you could definitely, you could definitely go back and track it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never I've never for some reason, I think it would be cool to know. I've really never really never had any interest in knowing or going back that far. You know, I think it, man, it would be cool. And now that we brought this up, you know, talk about this topic like I want to look into that. I want to look into that and see where I am truly from. And I'm not talking about the ancestry tree you know online.
Speaker 2: Oh so you want to go like you want to go to like if you're from Senegal or you're from Molly, or you're from Ghana, you want to know, not just like not you you want to know the exact place, Like you're from Liberty City, Florida.
Speaker 1: You're not just And that's all I know. That's all I know. I want to go back where my grandma, my grandma's mom from and so on and so on and so on until I get back to where it all motherfucking started. I have no clue about any of that.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of times like like like like my grandmother, they was like I looked at it and it's like my grandmother Like a lot of times the man wasn't in the house, so it was like like my great like my like my grandma is may.
Speaker 3: Porter my uh uh uh, my greatma is Louise.
Speaker 2: My great grandma was named Addie, so there's a lineage right there. So Addie Washington was born in eighteen Grandma lou was born in nineteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Granty was born in nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think Grandma I think that things said Grandma Addie was born in nineteen because she was like twenty so she was born in like eighteen eighty eighteen seventy nine, so feteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: How you knowing?
Speaker 2: How you know all that because like they had the census, so people would like the census come along and you hopefully people give your adequate information because that goes to subsidizing how much money you get for schools and things and projects of that nature. But and so you know, like and then you have like Baptism. People used to keep recording the Church of Baptism. Yeah, like my like my grandmother had a Bible.
Speaker 3: All the kids were in it.
Speaker 2: Because back then, you know, they ain't have no money to go to uh to the hospital to be.
Speaker 3: Having no babies up in the hospital.
Speaker 2: They had the baby at home, maybe had ad a mother or a midwife or someone what they call that, you know, to get to it. Yeah, yeah, but it was it was different, you know what. I had Floyd Mayweather on my podcast early on, and he felt the same way. He says, I'm not an African American I wasn't born in Africa.
Speaker 3: I was born here in America. I'm black.
Speaker 2: I used the term black American, black American when I'm describing myself. So I mean, I mean it's cool though, I mean cam I know, but I ain't seen no black. I ain't seen no Black American, no on no credit report. I ain't seen no Black American on any doctors.
Speaker 1: And when you when you see anything, you have to sign it says white, Hispanic, African American.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now what or some more in a Philip Holland you know, Asian. I ain't see no Black America.
Speaker 3: We need an other and other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe we need to put a situation y'all. Y'all need to put another another box up there, Black America after the America, white cop or what they say Caucasian. I don't even think they say wa Amica, This say Caucasian.
Speaker 1: Caucasian. Listen today, you can identify. You can identify whatever they hear you. You can write alien down there if you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you care, faith donator, I old joy is trying to remember uh new levels, new devils. Some people some will be some will be people you already know. Some are consistent your process has been the same from day one. If they watch you, they know that lions don't sleep, don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheet. You're right. And you know what faith I saw Berdie Mack. I saw Bernie Mack was that he says, you know what he says. People have the right to like or just like you, he said, But I just choose to use my energy and devote my time to people that like me. If you don't like me, why should I give you any of my time? Why should I give you any my energy? So from today what the day is?
Speaker 3: The day is the sixth.
Speaker 2: I'm done with y'all. No, no, no, no, I'm done. I'm done giving them my energy. I'm not gonna respond to people because because I respond to four people that have negative things to say, when I bypass four hundred people that say good thing.
Speaker 1: I have a question, can I say something? Say something? I think it's very healthy to keep a good balance, a good balance of positivity responding to and negativity. You got to have a good balance of both. You know, it keep you even keill, It keep you real sharp. So I think I think it behooves you to you know what, those that praise you and congratulates you, you know, thank them. But then those that talk shit. It's okay to find back. You need that. You gotta stay. You got.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure. Oh I'm quick with it.
Speaker 2: But you notice, old Joe, I don't ever mention the name because everybody it's nobody. If you notice, it ain't no Joe Rogan taking no shot at me. It ain't no Pat McAfee's taking no shot at me. It ain't no Steven ain't taking no shot at me. Because here's the thing. When the last time you saw somebody throw a rock down the hill, people throw the rock up the.
Speaker 1: Heel, boy, man, hold on with my pen, at baby, bring my pen. What do you think? I ain't where you think right now? With down? Well, let me put it in my phone and put it in my notes.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, Ojoe, When the last time you saw somebody throw a rock from on top of the.
Speaker 3: Hill, I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's said, and I'm gonna being to use that, but I'm finna use that.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you remember you was a kid and you see a bird up in the tree. No, you ain't never tried to hit no bird with no rock on the ground. He leveled with you, it's the burden the tree that you trying to hit.
Speaker 1: I got it now. But that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Bran.
Speaker 2: Now, Now, when I first got into the podcast, yeah, ain't nobody taking no shots in me because I was under them as I started.
Speaker 1: To rise, like the Jeffersons or like good times. So it's look, I appreciate that, look I don't care like and I get it. But I think Steve Harvey makes a lot of great points. He's admitt he's made some mistakes in his life, and sometimes it's the people that made a lot of mistakes that's best to give you some advice to keep you from making those same mistakes. So if if you want to be a wise man, learned from others mistakes, fool to learn from his own. Well, if somebody told you, hey, you tell me, hey.
Speaker 2: Shah, man check this out. Man over there, man, been they just shooting? Now, why would I go over there? Oh, Joe just told me, Right, I don't even go over there and find that first hand. Somebody tell me something that has happened. Okay, that's good man. Hey, I made the worst mistake of my life. I did X, Y, and Z, right, so now let me go, let me go. Ah nah, just I mean sometimes you just be smart. Yeah, you just be smart. Marcus hou Marcus Holt said, it's sad. I hate it always look like us.
Speaker 1: It is, it is, it is Wow, oh Joe, It's been like that for a long time. It's gonna always be like that. That's why. That's why most of this. Anytime there's an issue, you know, the way I like the resolved problems is the solution of bringing everybody together. That's my that's my favorite line. That's that's my favorite line. I will always stick to that, especially when it when it comes to us, but a lot of us I hate using it. It's very cliche. With crabs in a barrel. We very seldomly pick and lift each other up, even if we're in the same area or same arena, and what it is we do.
Speaker 2: It's been like that, Ohoe. Know when I'm from the South, so I don't know how it was with you. I mean, Florida is considered the South, but I think Miami, but I'm in the South. It's like, if you was articulate, if you could read, or you had you got good grades.
Speaker 3: Or you tried to be white.
Speaker 1: They call you proper. Yeah, they call you proper.
Speaker 3: I'm like so.
Speaker 2: Or you had a certain complexion, and see they dive it as up. See normally the light skin. You got to work in the house. You had the house, the houseworker. Yeah, and then you had the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well if I'm in the field, bract breaking and you in the house and you hold on and then you tell it what I'm doing. Oh, you know Massa, you know O Joe and Shalla they talk about they talking about running away tonight. You're just caught you in the house. That don't mean you free. You can't go wherever you want to go, any time that you want to go. So you think by talking negative about here's the thing, you get a little closer to Yo Joe.
Speaker 3: See a lot of.
Speaker 2: Times, what they don't realize you trying to pease, trying to appease an audience that's never gonna love you. They laughing at you. You think they laughing with you. They laughing at you because they saying, look at it, we don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: We'll let them do it to themselves. See that's what they don't get.
Speaker 2: You think you doing something by talking down about me or people that look like me. What you think they think about you? Have you ever thought about that for one second?
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 1: Would you ever reach out to this individual and just just have done?
Speaker 3: I'm done here in this space. I'm in my space. I'm good. I don't know how you feel, dude.
Speaker 2: You a lot about a person, how they feel when they don't think when you're not around. You don't talk good to my face. See I need to see, oh jo, I don't need you to talk good to my face. I need you to talk good behind my back. Boy, hold on, I got to put that in my nose too. That was the good ones right there. I don't need you to talk good in my face. I need to talk good behind my back. I don't know what I'm gonna use that one, but you're gonna use it somewhere. That's a good one. But you gave me too good. You done gave me two good ones at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 2: But why bro? We all o we all eat? But all eating?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 2: If you played a sport o, yo, you know everybody on the team don't make the same money.
Speaker 1: Nah M.
Speaker 2: When I got to the league. I was a seventh through our draft pick. I made sixty three thousand dollars. But I saw God because you know, back then, I don't know if they still do it. The NFL PA used to send that thing around and so it had everybody that played your position, it had their salaries, and then it had everybody.
Speaker 3: On your team salary.
Speaker 2: So it had the salaries all the wide receivers, and then it had the salaries of players on your team. I was like, man, I can't wait, Man, I can't wait to make me two hundred thousands. I can't wait to make five hundred thousand, five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars, specially back then. Bro, that's good money.
Speaker 3: Bro, what oh Joe?
Speaker 1: That good money?
Speaker 3: Bruh Man once, oh Joe Man.
Speaker 2: I was always a hard worker, but all I did. And my brother I was in college, and I think I showed it to her and the chat. I think I put it on my on my ig. My brother got me a picture, a picture and it had my first million and it had it's a million dollars. I hung it up in my dorm room. It's been in every house, it's in my garage now. I used to look at that thing every single night.
Speaker 3: Wait, really, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't jealous of know, Dennis Miith. We called him Kahuna or Steve Adward or John them. I said, they're making that money. I said, I can get good and make money to they'll pay me to.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a check like the picture of a check. No, it was. It was. It was.
Speaker 2: It's like like the bundles that you had. Somebody had taken it, took it, taking a picture of it and put it in and put it in.
Speaker 3: You know, I've had it framed right, Okay, okay, that's and.
Speaker 2: So they sold it. It's expensive that you know, specials as a novelty store. And so they had it, and my brother and I had They had a Justification for higher Education and it was a nice house and the house laid down and it was like all these fancy cars. And then I got one that had these fancy cars, this big house and a helicopter and it said Justification for higher Education.
Speaker 3: And it lit up at night. You plug it, it it lit up. See. My brother was really smart. He knew.
Speaker 2: He said, if I give him just enough, he didn't, he didn't overdo it. He said, if I give him.
Speaker 3: I know it. I know it. That's how I am. I see, I'm like.
Speaker 2: The happiest I've been is that when I saw Pat McAfee get what he got Yeah, I mean this guy punter Yeah, and he.
Speaker 3: Got O get it passed. I said, great personality, great, he a great dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever been around him, he's great. Good dude, He's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, steven A.
Speaker 2: Look, people say what they want about stephen A. But stephen A told me one thing. He said, Bro. He say, my job is to make you two three times bigger than what you are.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 2: If I can't do that, whether we work together one year, we worked together one month, or we worked together ten years, he said, If I can't make you two to three times bigger than what you are already, I failed you. I know, Steveen. They take times off just so I can sit in that lead chair.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm trying to shit him on them chairs too.
Speaker 3: But I hear you a nice gaming chair. I'm gonna get me one.
Speaker 1: You or mean you got a game of chair?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, my gaming chair is this is Oh okay, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right, You're right. I got it.
Speaker 2: Hero donated and said, can't say something we don't talk about enough.
Speaker 3: It's good versus evil.
Speaker 2: So much entitlement due to race when it used to be used as a distraction and the vision. So does the suppress it and good soul. They're mad because we're on the good side of psychological warfare.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I just all I've tried to do is help people when people come. When I was on Undisputed, guy that comes like, hey, man, I'm thinking about I want to do this full time. What I need to do? Say, so you got to work, and so you got to study. I said, how bad you want to do it? I say, now, if you want to be really, really good, you got to put time because you don't want to be sounded like an athlete that's talking about a sport.
Speaker 3: You just want to talk.
Speaker 2: And so when I got my podcast, you know, I started I interviewing you know after but I say, you know what, I want to interview celebrities and entertainers because I can talk to the athletes because I've been I've been in a lot of their shoes. Maybe I wasn't as great as they were, but I've been in their shoes. I've been in the locker room, I've been in third and long, I've been down, been on the road.
Speaker 3: So I can.
Speaker 2: I can, but let me talk to them. So you gotta work, you gotta. I mean, there's gonna be times that you're gonna miss a party. There's gonna be times that you're gonna miss a game. There's gonna be a time that you got to tell your girlfriend or your wife or your significant tonight.
Speaker 3: I can't, Joe. See. Jim Carre said something very interesting.
Speaker 2: He said that if you cannot deny yourself something for a year in order to you be able to live like you want to for the rest of your life, you care too much about what people think.
Speaker 3: Too many times we actually do care about what people think.
Speaker 2: And if you only knew how little they gave a damn about you, you wouldn't worry about what they thought about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm one of the few. Don't give a fuck o, Joe.
Speaker 3: Why why you think I have my dog on my lap?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, young, young care?
Speaker 2: Why why should I hold on? Why should I care? I lived my life. I don't bother no one. No one gonna take you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Shop out there he's starting trouble. He talking about people. I stay to myself. I'm high, and by I go to functions, I'm gone, hey the camera aid, and I'm like parents saying when they start bringing the cameras out, O Joe, you out of there.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But see people, Hey, put a you're gonna put the dog with the floor. Why he don't never be on the floor. Why you take the doll up? Why he always sleeps in the bed. He about to be fourteen in two weeks. He's never spent what he's spent two weeks.
Speaker 3: I was gonna make him a floor dog.
Speaker 2: Then I came back from working at CBS and my girlfriend had him in the bed. I said, you know, this is the biggest mistake that you've ever made. She's like, why, So you'll never get him out this bed?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, you never.
Speaker 3: It's like a child.
Speaker 2: You let a child sleep with you for the extent period of time, you gonna catch hell getting bed?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, most definitely, most definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I got eighty five kids. I knew all about that.
Speaker 2: So h no, so mm hmmm, nah, Old Joe, that's how I mean, that's that's how that's how I look at it. So it's all good. Now, that's nikki. Okay, Nigga said I had the double back.
Speaker 3: This is why she had it. So don attracted to me.
Speaker 2: A knowledgeable man is sexst Hell, teach me something, daddy, thank.
Speaker 3: You, diggie. She's see see look what I got old yo? What I got on? Old joke?
Speaker 1: That's a bull mastiff?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Or am I wrong?
Speaker 3: You're wrong? It's a lasting family. It's called a bore bow.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, my bad.
Speaker 3: It's in the same family South Africa.
Speaker 1: I should have known that because the snout is so goddamn thin as opposed to the bullard massive No.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. It all depends. Now he's a puppy here. He's probably only like three months old, yeah, maybe three months. He's over a year now. He's about one hundred and seventy pounds, so he's so yeah, well.
Speaker 1: That's a big boy man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh as the door d says up, can hatchie go?
Speaker 1: I mean as single and Chinese?
Speaker 3: Okay, hotchi go? Okay?
Speaker 2: How much screwedey will Lamar have if he wins another MVP and fails to get to the play go far the playoffs, you gonna get a lot, just like they did Peyton Manning. You remember Peyton Manny had all those m vph and kept getting bounced in the first round. Yeah, he's gonna get that same kind of screwtiny and deservingly.
Speaker 1: So it comes with the territory.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Think about what they did Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Remember what they did Aaron Rodgers when he when he lost the first round to Jimmy Garoppolo and then he lost the home field.
Speaker 3: He lost it.
Speaker 2: Now he did have an mv he does have a super Bowl, but remember he was winning super Bowls. I mean, he's winning MVP and didn't happen. He had a fifty to one record, won the m v P. They ate him up, They ate him up. It comes with the territory, that's what that's that's the expectation. Think about Lebron had those m vps, ain't winning nothing. Look at Jordan when they had those MVPs, ain't win nothing. That's that's just the way it is. It's not a black or white thing.
Speaker 3: They killed Peate, They killed him.
Speaker 2: Only only Tom won won super Bowls. Ever before he won m VP. Think about it. Tom had had three super Bow yea, So now once he gets the MVP, yeah, it was different. It was he wasn't satisfied with that.
Speaker 1: And Tommy, Tommy special man.
Speaker 3: He he has an un desire to get better.
Speaker 1: Did you see did you see his Instagram posts where he was gonna come back and play again, he was gonna retire and gonna play again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that that.
Speaker 2: I saw that. It's hard, oh Joe. This is what I tell people all the time. Getting in is the easy part. It's getting out that's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because sometimes being able to leave on your own terms, being able to leave on your own terms, it's the ultimate, the ultimate goal. That's like riding off into the sunset. And most of the time, ninety nine percent of the time, it doesn't happen like that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen that way. Everybody wants the Michael straighthand the John L.
Speaker 3: Way. John Alway wins Super Bowl MVP. I'm out, I'm gone, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Jerome Better goes to Detroit where he's from, marks the bus in the garage. Oh yeah, straight hand with the timed the undefeated season rules that I'm out.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants that moment, but very few get it.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's the hard part, even even with actresses and actresses eighty five years old and you still try to do action movie.
Speaker 3: Come on, bro, bro, come on doc.
Speaker 1: I forgot what's the what's the man name that was that was in the movie The Mule? Uh, his name slipping my mind. He's very very very old guy, very old, and I don't he's not doing action. But Clint Eastwood Cinise Wood. Yeah, well he's see in somewhat actions.
Speaker 2: And we remember we saw about great actors. We we ain't mentioned Clint Eastwood. We didn't mentioned Robert Radford, Alpaco, I.
Speaker 3: Did, I mentioned, I mentioned Alan roberts Nero, I did. I did, Robert Dear I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was a good combo too, man, that was a good combo.
Speaker 3: Five one seven. Every you said, unking O, your love the show? Keep it up.
Speaker 2: That hard cowboy fan. Can that be trusted to win big game? It seems like he makes little mistakes that cost him the game. And that's the difference. That's the difference knowing when to go for it and when to pull back. Yeah, I mean, look, the thing that made tarm you say what you want to say. The thing that made tom great man he did not make mistakes and big moments and like most of.
Speaker 1: The moments, he always capitalized and he always came out right in all the moment when the pressure was on, when the lights for the brightest, Tommy, you always came through every goddamn time.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: But you know who didn't get the credit sometimes? Obviously he's a quarterback, so the quarterback normally gets the credit. The running back that might have made a play, or the receiver that might have made play, or the defender that might have got an interception, or or the defense in itself that might have got to stop.
Speaker 2: You remember, you remember that Super Bowl and they came back from Atlanta. You remember that catch Edelman may.
Speaker 1: Thing that fourth on that fourth down.
Speaker 2: It was I think it was like a second down, but he took it off the ground. It almost was picked off.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was fourth down. Huh, I know that it wasn't. I know, I know exactly what play you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You look at James White. James White had like fourteen catches in that game. Yeah, for like one hundred and twenty hundred and thirty something, y'all.
Speaker 1: You were cutting. Julio had a crazy day even though they lost jis boy and he was.
Speaker 3: About to hit. I mean.
Speaker 2: What hurt him is that Coleman gets injured and they bring the other running back in and he whiffs on the block and Aaron and uh Matt Ryan is about to throw because he's open, wide open. He gets hit. He almost the ball. So you know what happened. You know what happened after that? Fred King says, unking o cho. I'm a big fan of the show. My twenty fourth birthday was yesterday, But you know what would have topped it off a ball of some shape. Only issue is the site. The site says they don't shift to Michigan. Ah, let me cry, let me check into that. I think we're I know, we're like it's forty seven states. I don't think Michigan is one of those states that we're not allowed to ship to. But I'm gonna have to get back to you on that.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 2: Willie Kelly said, Oh, where's the cigar in yacht? Chased to go be in Vegas. I'm trying to get my ticket asat.
Speaker 3: Really we have a is that prude juice. Nah, cranberry juice. Oh, I thought that was fruit juice. I was like your old lad.
Speaker 1: You don't like prunes?
Speaker 3: No, hell no, I used to.
Speaker 1: I remember my grandma used to get My grandma used to have prune bike seat. All have goddamn prune.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't mess with no prunes. I like, I like them.
Speaker 1: But you know that's good for you, now, I know it is.
Speaker 3: But I ain't got no problem with that. And pairs. I mean we used to go to get the getting the pairs. Oh boy, hey, you boy doubled up?
Speaker 1: You like plums?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but you know you grew up in the You know, you grow up in the South. Man.
Speaker 2: You just go and gr grub my child, and had a plum tree right there by the porch. I mean you could just lean back in the rocky chair to the plug.
Speaker 3: And grab one.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, I bet you y'all ain't have no mango trees. Now, we had no mango not that far. Hell lots, shorty man. We always going to people's backyard. Man, still, god damn mangos and try to go sell them.
Speaker 2: Pairs, peaches, grapes, plums, figs, uh, blackberries, buckleberries.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. Wait, huncleberry? Yeah what that tastes like? You know?
Speaker 2: BlackBerry? The one that uh that you come on to mind the prick that stick you. They grow in the dick.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, blackberries right right? Yeah? Blueberries? Oh that's good. By that ocean spray where god damn sweeping.
Speaker 2: Well, you better tell them to cut a check next time you turn to feel that feel that thing up there?
Speaker 1: You asked me, I I wasn't showing that. I had to flip the opposite way.
Speaker 2: No ask you talking about Well, I don't care, but hey, just feel it off. They ain't getting no free.
Speaker 3: Pub It caught my bad, bad Relly.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get back to you because we're definitely thinking about putting something together with u. Uh oh, Joe and I. We have a kangyak and a cigar. Un coaching Jay said, oh yo yo, with that fit, you look like a better uninterested Toyota Corolla. Only any telling there there was that nice niece.
Speaker 1: He ain't no good Wait what man?
Speaker 3: What he said? He said? With that fit?
Speaker 2: That fit you got on, what's like a better you buy shoes to coat with your stress? You don't buy no shoes.
Speaker 1: I about air Force one man, that's it. But I'm I'm ill be stressed though, I be stressed.
Speaker 3: Stress.
Speaker 1: I'm stressed right now.
Speaker 3: Huh what you're stressed about? Ship? Boy?
Speaker 1: Be and real beefing?
Speaker 3: What y'all beefing about? Y'all?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 3: You know? Man like life? You know?
Speaker 1: Ship and you you you all? You always wanted to be perfect and going swim.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna be perfect. The perfect nobody's never cheeved. So how do we know what it is? Yes?
Speaker 1: So right now we beefing and listen, we family. I ain't gonna say a lie to you.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he beef it gotta give you a meaning.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I gotta give your meaning because something on your mind, you want on your ass. So I got y'all you know what? You know?
Speaker 1: We be even for real because that that ship ain't gonna fly. I ain't bullshiting. That ain't gonna work. I like that.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna do that. Yeah we are, ship, Yeah we are.
Speaker 1: It ain't gonna work.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh, y'all really, y'all, really, y'all, really, y'all, y'all out loud about that.
Speaker 1: I ain't bullshit and you could tell. You can tell by my tone and my marinerisms. I ain't bushing because I would have bust out laughing by now, old.
Speaker 3: Old pat Rail. You in the right. I know you're in the right. I already know.
Speaker 1: I'm a stand on I'm a stand on business. Anyway you're talking about. I ain't frona, I ain't from.
Speaker 3: The loop rail. Don't you back down rail?
Speaker 1: But it's cool, it's cool. This is my birthday, Tuesday, my birthday.
Speaker 2: Look at the value, your value of your gift going down. You better get better, get in good.
Speaker 1: Huh, you better get I can't foward. I can't fold like that. I can't fold like that because listen, this is what happened. When you sure a sign of weakness, then they tend to take advantage of you because they know what they need to do to get back in good with you.
Speaker 3: O Joe. Yeah, there's weakness and there's vulnerable. Right.
Speaker 2: You can be weak without being vulnerable. You can be vulnerable without being weak. When you say you're weak, what do you mean? What do you or does she want you to be vulnerable?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I was probably probably vulnerable, but sometimes you got to stand on besness. Un because if you don't stand on benness, they'll walk all over you. Yeah, me, I could, I could teach you a thing or two. Now, Oh I know, yeah, they'll walk all over you.
Speaker 3: You know what? Oh you know what.
Speaker 1: See, if I do this, I know I can get away with it. If I do this, I know I can get away with it. So if I if I push this button, or if I if I if I pull less string, I know I can get away with it. So I got to stand on business.
Speaker 2: Baby, And I know that you keep looking to the lymp because you know a rail back coming that thing with them.
Speaker 1: That's the baby, the baby that when you.
Speaker 2: Gonna say baby, you hear me like that? Yeah, but bi on your love to show from day one? Have to ask have you ever heard back from miss Gomes? Keep up with great contient? Hell no, she was at the game.
Speaker 3: She got a man. She was just at the Lakers game. Who Selena? God day?
Speaker 1: She ain't dat nobody, It ain't on. It ain't don't matter who she dated. It ain't you. But we can make it you. We'll beat man, We'll beat up. We'll beat our dude up. What's the name who he dain't Bennie Blanco.
Speaker 3: Who is that? I don't know. Don't start me to lie, Bennie Blanco.
Speaker 1: Blanco, Bennie Blanco mean white.
Speaker 3: Okay and.
Speaker 1: Blanco Sean listen, now you know Selena ain't got no problem. May Man. Listen listen. He ain't none. Why you can't have no coffee? You know she like a coffee dog. Huh no, yeah, she like her She like her coffee dog. No, I'm just telling you. You know, the Benny, real strong Benny, the Benny Doe. He just she just feeling the voice. She don't even like cream in her coffee.
Speaker 3: He just in the way.
Speaker 2: But she got him in the meantime. So I wish them the best of love. Jacqueline Moore. Good evening, guys, coming from New York. Harlem in the house. Thank you Jack, Jacqueline, Jacqueline Moore, thank you so much, New York. I love New York. Go there once a month. I ain't got to go back. Ash just happy about just happy about that. Uh after the date?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Which super Bowl Chila was most memorable? First time with the Broncos history or the first with Ravens history. Ain't nothing like the first? Ain't not like the first because at the time that I wanted and and you know, look the raven title, each title was different, but to win that first title in Denver and all the think about it. At that point in time, the Broncos had lost their Super Bowl in seventy seven to the Cowboys and it wasn't close. They had lost in eighty six and it wasn't close. They had lost in eighty seven and it wasn't close. They had lost to the forty nine Ers fifty five ten, So you know, that's not close. And so it had gotten to the point like the fans like, we don't even want you all to go because we already know it's gonna be a beat. Now, now think about it, the NFC had like a fourteen year run. The NFC had run out fourteenth straight crazy and they weren't close. With the exception of the Giants beating the Bills in ninety the Super Bowls weren't close. So Packers, that was Brett Fabers, the MVP. They're trying to go back to back. Nah, the super Bowl and the Ravens was was was different because of mister Modell. And I called him mister Modell, but Art he didn't call him mister Modell, he said, that was my that was my grandfather's name.
Speaker 3: Art was like what he had endured because he was wrong. They did him wrong.
Speaker 2: He's the only he was the only owner that when he left, he had to leave the Colors. Now, tell me what other owners the Rams? How many times have the Rams moved? How many times have the Raiders moved? The Coats left like a thief in the night? Name the team that's ever moved and had to leave the Colors and the records where they left. And they still hadn't put the man in the Hall of fame after everything that he did. And if on TV, the TV contract, the NFL PA, that's him. They put other owners in there, that's that's move.
Speaker 3: Franchises personal, of course, it is personal, of course.
Speaker 2: And that's what that's what owners do. Okay, I need a better stadium, I need more money. Now we're not gonna give it to you and leave. But somehow what Art did was so egregious.
Speaker 3: Do we know what it is? No, he didn't do anything. He left, he moved, Okay, I understand. Do you think that's it? Though?
Speaker 2: What else could it be? He ain't did nothing right? How about is that al Davids in the Hall of Fame, and he don't move. He moved from Oakland to La La back to Oakland. Now the in Vegas and Al was in the al in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: And he sued the lead. Oh yeah, I remember that story. I remember that. Yeah. Yeah, that's coreat when you have people that's voting for you, it's at their discretion, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Crazy boy, God damn al Davis.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, hell slick j excuse me fucking oo.
Speaker 2: If you could take five offensive players and five defensive players from past era to play it today's game, in the in the NFL games today, who you picking?
Speaker 3: How far past we going?
Speaker 1: I'm going with the young I'm going with the young boys.
Speaker 2: You going with guys that just retire. So you're gonna take like Brady A Manning a quarterback? Yeah, probably take Adrian Peterson that running back. Nah, give me Barry Barry, you see, oh, Joe, Like I said, sometimes you got to see a man in person.
Speaker 3: See, you didn't get a chance to see Barry. I see, I've seen him on goddamn film. Though.
Speaker 1: Listen, you remember man, listen, eighth Nigga Barry was nice. Barry was nice, undeniably nice. But something about Adrian Peterson in his prime.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's different.
Speaker 1: It was it was different. It was different. I love I love Barry, I love what he did. I love what he brought to the game. But something about ap all motherfucking day.
Speaker 2: Barry would lose five yards and he doesn't shook so many people. You done forgot that long, y'all. Yeah, you ain't thinking about the man lost five yards. You're like, ooh, they you see that, rub it's second to fifteen. What'd you beat doing? I see that run by Barry. He just shook the whole He just shook the whole team for five yards. Yeah, So just think about how many times they called it. I mean, Barry might have lost about five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yards throughout the year, throughout the years. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I have to see you just going backwards. Huh man uh l t Ladanian boy. That that two thousand and five season with him thirty one tds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, crazy work. I mean lt LT rush for sixteen had one hundred catches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Give me lt I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go back that. I'm not taking any I'm not taking any player from two thousand and forward. I'm going back past. I'm going back, So throw three all the way down from two thousand. So you cut off gotta be ninety nine. Damn ninety nine because he's playing offensive player like fast era.
Speaker 3: I would not back.
Speaker 2: I mean I wouldsh you'd been like, take somebody from the eighties, or take somebody from the now. You know what I'm saying, Take somebody from the nineties.
Speaker 3: I'll take l t I teking guys.
Speaker 2: It's gonna punish folks, Buckers, Roddy lot, Lester Haze.
Speaker 3: Oh we're that nasty.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Who else? I can take Jack Tatum?
Speaker 1: He said five five, five and five, right, yeah, Ray Lewis, I'm going Ray Lewis.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ray played in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: You said, you said two thousand on down.
Speaker 2: You can't take anybody two thousand coming forward, O Joe, you gotta be down.
Speaker 3: Ninety nine is the cutoff ship. But I don't know all them Damn people back then, man.
Speaker 2: Would because they say they want they want some hitting. So I'm a brave I'm a brave people that go knock the stuff in use.
Speaker 1: Shoot, two thousands, we had a lot of hitters. Man. We had Donovan Darius who coming downhill like something wrong with him.
Speaker 3: Shoot.
Speaker 1: We had Steve Atwater. He was still yeah, yeah, Steve, Steve, Steve was still rocking Shure. We got Bob Sanders.
Speaker 3: Water retired. He played with the Jets of ninety nine and then he retired.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about people that hit man. I'm trying to running back. I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take Barry.
Speaker 1: Running back. I'm going I'm going a D. I like a D I like I like Eric Dickinson. Oh yeah, Edi and Mad was so smooth man with that ball and god in that little donut he had that curl had Curl Man with him. Gog was on man. His running style was so much, was so straight, straight up and down. Would they how they tell you not to run? That's how he ran the ball.
Speaker 2: It been it e have been perfected because you know you can't lower your hand as a running back, so you need to be a perfect.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'll take offense. I told you, I'm taking Barry. I take Jerry. I let people see Jerry, Jimmy, Jim Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh, where's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Uh, and I'll take uh, I'll take seven. And I take Joe.
Speaker 1: Joe Montana yep, my quarterback. And he said, we gotta stay in two thousands.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So you can't take Peyton and you can't take Brady. So you can take Johnny U Niners. You can take damn Marino.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go, fans up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Dan.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gonna ta day.
Speaker 1: Yeah'm gona tell I'm gonna take Dan and my receivers.
Speaker 3: Hell, who you take it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, man, from my head.
Speaker 3: The people here tell me they gonna take they want to take take O.
Speaker 1: J Oh o J. Simpson for running back, broj I was coming up.
Speaker 3: O J was that boy. Now, don't play, they're better. Stop playing that. I never got how good OJ was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were nice. You were nice. I'm trying to damn receivers.
Speaker 2: Man got two thousand yards and fourteen games, two thousand and fourteen games.
Speaker 3: That real day was that boy?
Speaker 4: Hold on, yes, Oh, Jimmy me Smith, give me Jaith You do realize Jimmy played the two thousand No.
Speaker 1: Well, you playing nineteen ninety nine two in nineteen ninety eight. See see see see see see see what you're doing Jason over here?
Speaker 3: Why you want why you wonte the modern player?
Speaker 1: I don't know that just ain't nothing wrong with them fellas all the way back then. But it just it's hard for me not to pick the modern era players.
Speaker 3: I want. I want you say.
Speaker 2: The fans say they want the game done, got soft. I gave him like five players on the defensive side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the game might the game might have gotten soft, but it's gotten soft to protect the officer players. So can you say, but they say they want to see some hitting, they well hold up with ship Kareem Jackson, I.
Speaker 3: Mean back bad, uh like lot.
Speaker 2: We had Mark Carry, we had a Chuck Cecil, we had uh a, you know Rodney, We had Rodney.
Speaker 1: But Rodney Rodney an't even hit you man. He come with that guy, damn four on man Rodney and that damn fur on Brian Dawkins.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, you beat dog playing me beat Ank came out like ninety six, ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beat off with nice boy. Yeah even nice.
Speaker 2: As far as twenty said, Hey n o hoe, I've been a fan of both of you for a long time. O Joe, you mentioned crabs in a boar has oftentimes been used wrong. Have you ever seen one crab by itself in the trap?
Speaker 1: That's a well, you know what in general, crabs traveling packs? Mhm, always they traveling about packs. I'm not even sure I'm using that the right terminology for a group of crabs. It might be a name to it. I just don't know what it is. But they were together that they're never by themselves. But I'm just saying, I mean, obviously.
Speaker 2: You're looking at it like, Okay, you see one of the crafts try to get out. You see the other craft pulling back down like you ain't getting out. We all going to this hot water together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you never want to You want people to succeed, but they never want to do.
Speaker 3: Are called a cast? A cast?
Speaker 1: Yeahst a group of a group of calves crabs called cast I like that. That's dope. I just learned something. No, but what I was saying, I say a lot of people when it comes to us, you know, you want your people that close to you around you, or people that you know you want to succeed. Most people don't want to succeed more than them.
Speaker 3: I want you to succeed as long you don't succeed more than me. Yeah yeah, basically, long are you stay libered?
Speaker 2: Okay, we succeed. Nah if I if I stop here and you go there, now I've got a problem. See we had no long was we going together? I ain't got no problem. Yeah, hey were doing it.
Speaker 3: We doing it.
Speaker 2: But now hold on now, I don't want you get bigger than me. Now that's I don't want people talking about you they talking about me.
Speaker 1: That's that's us. That that's us, that's that's that's that's been our people for years and years and years, and it's sometimes it's some of your closest people. Yeah, are some of the people closest to you. It's the issue.
Speaker 3: List.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I appreciate everything y'all do. Keep keeping ass up. Please?
Speaker 2: Can you bless up with more childhood stories like when you Blameed Sterling for sending the woods on fire when it wasn't the woods, it was the field and it was his fault because he sent me to go home and tell Papa that somebody set the field on fire. I did exactly like he was struggling me to do. I read home. I'm out of breath.
Speaker 3: Papa, somebody set the field on fire. He said, what.
Speaker 2: Somebody set the field on fire? He say, ain't nobody been down there but you two boys? I say, Spanky did it? Moved you over and say, oh, Joe, I did it. Why would I do that when somebody, I mean when somebody like normally, when you see people and they're getting interrogated, they try to remove themselves from any involvement or they try to minimize their involved right, I just removed myself from equation.
Speaker 3: He did, Hey, you got a snitch? Yeah for sure. Absolutely make good money too, I mean how much?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 3: How much you made?
Speaker 2: No, I ain't make no money there because I told lordim uh he cut me with a knife. I got called back on my leg. Let me show you right, he he.
Speaker 1: Cuts you for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. Can you see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah right there, cut with a knife?
Speaker 2: Were shoting? No, I don't know if you know anything about that. In the country, call it a wet rock.
Speaker 3: Wet rock. So we a wet rock. We following the knife. We had pocket knife.
Speaker 2: And you're from the south right, you grew up in the country carry pocket knife. Huh, absolutely absolutely, So we sharpened him. He said, let me see how sharp your knife feels. So I ran my hand across the blast. Dah, that's pretty sharp.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't put on two pair of jeans and a pair of short right. Man, he hit me.
Speaker 2: He hit me in that blade. I said, ooh, man, I felt that looked at my hand. I said, ooh, ooh, I'm gonna tell Papa. I said, ooh, I'm gonna tell papa. He said, don't tell, don't tell. Okay, break bread. How much he made him pay you?
Speaker 3: He gave me two silver dollars. Uh, he gave me like five dollars. Damn five dollars back in seventy That had to be like seventy five, seventy six. That was a lot of money. But it was a silver dollars.
Speaker 1: You would do a lot with that, bro.
Speaker 2: It was a silver dollars right right, right right. You gave her to sivil down because I gonna tell. I was gonna show tell.
Speaker 3: You're gonna tell them for real? Yeah, for sure, I told everybody you don't you don't.
Speaker 1: That's two times you didn't like, you didn't talk about you done told, and you know, I can't even if I want to do something we ain't supposed to be doing, I can't even do it with you because're gonna no, no.
Speaker 3: No, that that's what I see.
Speaker 2: I needed money, right, So like if my aunts never skipped school. Hey, I'll be to the door listening. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna skip school tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You say you black, you're black man? The people man?
Speaker 3: Two dollars, I tell Papa, I gotta try that. Yeah, I tell you for sure.
Speaker 2: My brother, my sister took checked my brother out of school. They with the States brouh. They didn't take me granted.
Speaker 1: Oh you definitely, you're definitely telling huh shure, I understand you.
Speaker 2: I take you either check me out, ain't give me a dollar not to tell, or you could leave me in school and give me three dollars. Choice is yours.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. You know, you know they you know, snitches during these times. It ain't a good thing.
Speaker 2: I promise you didn't want to see Barney Porter. I bet you, Hey, what's going on there with that boy? All I had to do is hey, be that boy alone.
Speaker 1: That's it. I was.
Speaker 2: I was the baby. I was the youngest by three years. Better realize my sister's eight years older than me. Had an aren't nine years older, one twelve years older. Gladys was like fourteen years older married, now fifteen years older.
Speaker 1: You you was like you was like you was like Rudy from the Cosby Show. You were the young Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was way young. But my grandfather knew.
Speaker 1: See, hey, take that boy with y'all, make him make it go everywhere, all it everywhere.
Speaker 3: But I see my aunt. I have an aunt. She was smart. Take me by that darry queen.
Speaker 2: Give me that double, get me that double burger, you know, get me a milkshake, no fries.
Speaker 3: She go do what she need to do.
Speaker 2: I be in the truck, sleep hot everything, roll the winter down, say beget too hot. Go ahead, roll the window all the way downright, go do what she needs to do. Hey, where y'all being? I don't know, Papa, I was sleep cause they already know. As soon as I get in the car, sous I get in the car with your we back out the driveway. I'm sleep right, I couldn't go nowhere. I'm sleep I ain't never I ain't even really want to drive. My brother used to make my brother drive all the time because I'm going to sleep every time, every time.
Speaker 1: That's but I.
Speaker 2: Made a pocket full of money cut the grass. They didn't want to cut the grass. They pay me to cut the grass, right. They didn't want to wash the dishes. They pay me to wash the dishes.
Speaker 1: So you did all you did all the dirty work. I mean we called the chores. We called the chores. Yes, yes, my granddady, my granddad used to call it dirty work. You're gonna come, you're you're gonna wake up Saturday morning, Sunday morning. You gonna get this dirty work.
Speaker 2: I rake that, I rake the I wreaked the side of the leaves. Everybody had a part, had a section. Oh I raked this side of the lead.
Speaker 3: Oh I was work. I was a hustler. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he said, all right, I'm leaving. When I come back, this yard need to be cut. The lead need to be raped. All right, what y'all gonna do? You know? They thought the girl they thought they was above at right now, that Bartie porterhow you not? Because he tell him quick, don't grumble in state, grumble and lead, he said, tell me what he says, Tell me what a sorry you know what I am at your place right, not in mind right?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't play that, so shout out. I give you a dollar two cause you got you did last with you ain't do you ain't do nothing last week.
Speaker 3: So I had to make that money. I'm sorry, but I don't tell now no more. Mm hmm okay, making sure because you know you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't want that. You don't want, you know, especially during these times you don't want them.
Speaker 2: Hey, right now, yo, whatever happened in between me, you and the fence post? Me, you and the who the fence post? You ever seen the fence post talk?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that. I got to Normally, if you do something shady, you need to do it by yourself. Yeah. Always. Now you do with somebody else, they gonna get mad at you. Oh you remember that time? Bro? Will you shut up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So the closest to you, Andrew asked, how many hours do you sleep? Do you get? Andrew? I'm a very light sleeper. I probably sleep on a good night.
Speaker 2: If I can sleep four hours, four and a half hours, I'm good cause I'm gonna take an hour and nap during the day, so I probably I'll probably sleep maybe maybe on a great day of sleep, between nap and sleep, i'll get six hours.
Speaker 1: But you you no, no, You're not better than me. Normally I'm sleep by nine thirty. No, I mean nine thirty has always been my bed time. I've been there. I've had a strict routine obviously through it throughout the years, obviously starting nightcap with you, it's been a little different. So what I've had to do is during the day at times I had to have to take a nap. I gotta take a nap because if not, I'm ana struggle because I'm never I'm never ever ever, I'm never up this time of night ever.
Speaker 3: And so it's you do.
Speaker 2: If I try to shake the covers, you know I'm back, get to bed about one or two. If you gotta shake the cover more than one, you know, about to be three or four?
Speaker 1: God damn more than what? Yeah, well you better than me, bro, well you better than me? But how long is that? How long is one round heavyweight fight?
Speaker 3: Everybody tried to go to everybody tried to go to round with the chair. You know you're not here.
Speaker 1: How many minutes is a heavyweight one round fight three that's all you get. No, but you're better than me, that's all you're getting.
Speaker 3: I'll put the bird of the rings.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: They gotta say no. Moss. Yeah, I ain't got uncle.
Speaker 1: I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 3: Moved with a man from uncle. You got a ship man forget that.
Speaker 2: That was the only time. That was the only time they're allowed to call me. I know they tap it out the UFC fight ojo.
Speaker 1: Should They don't want no part of that. Hey, you know what happened? You know what happened when a car running to a wall going ninety nine miles an hour? For that, what happened to the car? If a car going ninety nine miles an hour and it run to a wall, what's gonna happen to the car?
Speaker 3: You don't depends what type of car you got, man.
Speaker 1: It don't matter what I got what. It don't matter what you're driving going ninety nine miles an hour. You you mess around and running to a wall, you're doing damage.
Speaker 3: That's what you bought out.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, See I got what them called like the Formula one then how they discipline energy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Stay with me now, yeah, stay with me that come on down, o Joe.
Speaker 2: Hey, I told you that she just told me last time after about Hey, I need you to bring that one you had the first time.
Speaker 3: Don't bring that second one, okay, man, Oh Joe, you need help, man, Dinnie Brown? Didny Brown said?
Speaker 2: Shall a lot lot of times you mentioned a lot of your past players and coaches have passed away. Does it bother you knowing that you played in the era of more physical football. No, I know what I signed up for, and for me, the opportunity that it gave me, for my grand for my family to be able to enjoy your life, they probably would have never enjoyed had my brother and I not played the game of football. Nah, it's a part of it. And that's all I ever wanted. That's all all I ever wanted was to get my grandmother out of that house, to leave. All I wanted worryed, like, not have to worry about no Bill, not have to worry about anything. And so for me, I was willing to sacrifice. And I know, hey, what it is, what it is, Bro, I wouldn't I wouldn't change your thing. I wouldn't change a thing. Uh, you know, the money is great, and this area is this era is not as physical as the era that I played in. I wouldn't change the thing because had I played in this era, my grandmother would not have been able to reap the bills unless I played in the two thousand.
Speaker 3: My mom said she should have had some more kids. I said, no, you said you were done. You said you was done that for me?
Speaker 2: You were my mom was? I think my mom was cold up? How Mama, Mama eighty one. My mama just had a birthday the other day. Mama Mama eighty one, so she had she had me. She was twenty five. Mm I had three kids and twenty five. Mama said I'm done. They said, Mary, They said, Mary, what you want? Mama said it could be a lizard. I ain't having not another one. My mom said she was done. Arvin Medlocke said, oh, keep doing you. Can you tell us how the locker room handled Bill when it spit in the JJ Stokes's face on Monday Night Football Bill Romanowski, Bill Romo, it was a situation like I didn't know about it. I didn't know because I'm on the side because like I'm on the sideline. See, I really never stood doing the game, like you still a lot of players they stay during the game. On Joe, I sat on the bench. I was like saving my legs. But every time, you know, got you know something, you know, you're watching the jumbo trying something happen, and uh, you know, you jump up like, yeah, we got a fumbles, we got a big hit or something like that, and so I would jump up.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know. I didn't really know until like the next day.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they had mentioned something about it and they're like, I was like, bro, I don't know what what everybody talking about. And then once I found out video, I'm living because I'm from the side. That's the worst thing you can do. Spit on somebody, Yeah, no it or somebody is that he's white and he's black.
Speaker 3: That's what they did. That's what they used to do. That's bro. You spit on the ground. You spit on me. You telling me I'm lord in the ground. That's bad.
Speaker 1: That's very yeah, very very.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm listen, I promise you. I'm more upset than J. J. Stokes was, And so oh, I was like, oh we gotta have a meeting about this is shit. It's not no think think about it. Oh, Joe, we call a meeting. I said, we got to meet a boy this. Yeah, he did this to another team. Call the meeting.
Speaker 3: No, hell no, hell no. Oh you think that you think that's cute. Oh no, sir man, boy Bill was crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm mad enough to I'm mad enough to say if my brother, my teammate wrong, he wrong.
Speaker 3: Ain't none of that. Oh we keep that in the house. Oh no, wrong, right, right right.
Speaker 2: We had a meeting, and I say, when we had a meeting of today, it's it ain't no more talking about it. We're gonna move on. We had a meeting that morning. I think we came in that Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Might say the coach is gonna leave y'all take care of what y'all need to take care of. I said, bro, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: That's here because I had already because I was feeling some type of way.
Speaker 2: I think because me, I'm from the Furthest part. I'm from the Furthest part of the South. I mean, uh uh at water at waters from Arkansas, I'm from Georgia. We had a couple of guys. I think Neil's from Louisiana. We had a couple of guys. But it just it just it just it just didn't sit right.
Speaker 3: With me and I just even after the meeting, me and Roma had a private conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh you you bush, you know, oh y'all in the locker room.
Speaker 3: But one way to do it. Now, we're gonna do it right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna do it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we're gonna do that right. We're gonna do it right. We're gonna treat everybody right. Ain't no no picking. I ain't letting all that stuff go like that. Yo. Look I had built I had built up the credibility, and I know, look John was more senior, he was more veteran, but he kind of let he kind of let hey t handle that.
Speaker 3: And Mike was like and that's how it was.
Speaker 2: But I just wanted to let him know. O, like Romo, Bro, I had the man, Me and you have still been we're just still been fighting. And He's like, sharply, I'm sorry, I'm wrong. He said, I'm wrong. He said, I'll give you my word that won't ever happen again. He said, I'm sorry, he said, I know I let a lot of people down, not only my family, but this locker room. He said, I appreciate y'all guys. I said, all right, tapped him up. We went on our way, won the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But without without that talk, without that meeting, we're not doing nothing. So I ain't no hell no, oh, hell no, mm hmm hell to the note.
Speaker 1: Dang mm hmm o.
Speaker 3: Joey Bill was crazy though he did some crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh, he did some stuff. But they let that, they let that, they let that stuff fly. Man, I ain't let that shit slie. Even though even though, like I said, this is my teammate, and my teammate wrong, he wrong, I tell me wrong, right, ain't no, Oh, that's my teammate.
Speaker 3: That no, hell no, mm hmm. That don't fly with me.
Speaker 2: Justin Candell said, Uncle eighty five, life changing decision? What made you go through your head before y'all make him?
Speaker 1: Or you make who?
Speaker 2: He's a life changing decisions? What goes through your head before you y'all make them?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right, bro, I got three kids, hey, yo, life changing decision and the only thing was going through my head.
Speaker 3: Big Daddy about to tear it up. Now the thing.
Speaker 2: Now, the dollar thing go through my head on you at that time, I ain't gonna lie to you. It wasn't a whole lot of thought going into it. That was it.
Speaker 1: Life changing decisions. Shoot, I made a life changing decision eighty five times. Obviously I have beautiful kids, and obviously my decisions were made based on their mother's athletic ability. That's the only reason. That's that's all it was. That's all I want. I just wanted the DNA and I want the foundation. That's pretty much it. And now, beautiful kids, you're all here, everybody's sleep now. I love it, But I wish, I wish, I want want, I want one moment, me and you, me and you. You say it was having one in twenty twenty four, didn't you. I got got receipts. Mhm, I said that, Yes, I got.
Speaker 3: I got you must have been on who.
Speaker 1: You weren't drinking that day, you weren't even drinking that day.
Speaker 2: I think I think that the thing is o your like when you make when we make a decision now and most of the things that the decision is about, okay, uh, when it comes to what we're doing here the podcast or uh nightcap with you or business decisions that you know you're dealing with a lot of money up and the fluctuate up and down. You get is people as many people that know more about it than you do, and you give you you know, you ask the honest opinion and uh, but at the end of the day, it's your gut because it's your money. It's uh, it's your business, it's your career, and uh, you got to make the best decision for you. But you get as much information and advice that you possibly can, and you try to make the best decisions that you possibly can.
Speaker 3: That's all you can do. I mean, there's it's not an exact science. It's not.
Speaker 2: Oh ye, Alex also asked you ever do that to twenty five? Twenty seven times? Hell no, I mean you gotta.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 3: Who farted? I'm red, I'm ready, I do it.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: You let me know you said about you wanted me to do it in person. I was I could send you a video of me doing the twenty seven to No, no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Need to be there. I knew it. I tell you what, I tell you what this was doing. I want you to say that what you had in your arm the other night?
Speaker 1: Put that up?
Speaker 3: That's all. What don't you had your arm though the night? That bundle?
Speaker 1: I need that for I need that to buy my birthday.
Speaker 2: Think you do it, Twitter, you do it twenty seven time. Now you got my bundle. On top of that, you get two of them for you and rail.
Speaker 1: Nah, she wouldn't want one of these, But okay, what you will?
Speaker 3: You want want one of them? What you gonna get? What you're gonna get a Bentley head? Them ship's ugly? What you gonna get a rolls?
Speaker 1: No? I would think about getting the maybe McLaren McLaren austin Eston Martin, I like a yeah, I do advantage lett dB nine do be nine Okay, Yeah, just treat myself a little bit man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you treat yourself.
Speaker 1: I say, I say I might. I might because knowing me, I'm gonna walk in that bitch and you know, man, you take that money right back to the motherfucker bank.
Speaker 3: I think about going to the Dominican and treat myself. What kind of car they got over there?
Speaker 1: They drive mo paths? Oh?
Speaker 3: What they got? Then they got something with like long hair light skid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, that's the d R like you you're talking about Dominican Republic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: What they what they do out there? Oh man, you know, if it don't When I travel, I travel for soccer reasons only, So if it ain't got nothing to do with soccer, I don't be so something.
Speaker 3: Oh that was Oh that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, well you okay, oh d R okay, okay, yeah, okay, okay, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard the story. I heard the stories about it. Ye okay, Now I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: But you had me confusing, like DR you don't even know you don't even like baseball like that. That's the first that's the first thing that parted in my head. Okay, all right, you got you. I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Please make sure you hit that light button. Make sure you hit that subscribe button where we not asked. We're six sixty nine, we started what are we now were six seventy two. Please, thank you so much. Make sure you hit that light button, make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank you guys for Infanto stock of the Portier. We hope to have it back soon. Oh Joe got a cigar find at the top of the chat tonight, Clean him out, Clean him Out. Texas to beat the Coast twenty three to nineteen, Clincher's playoff spot with a Houston. With a Jacksonville loss, they will win the NFC the AFC South. Excuse me, with a loss, they win the AFC South. The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens keep their slim playoff hopes alive. If the Jags lose, they make the playoffs. If Buffalo lose, they make the playoffs, so they can make the playoffs if the Jags lose or the Bills lose. If the Bills win, they're the number two seed. If the Bills lose, they're out of the playoffs. Wow, what a change of events. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite sports unk.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for supporting Club Shay, Shay, thank you so much for supporting Nightcap. I'm your favorite sports n Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite Number eighty five rock runner flord in there, Liberty City, who find us? Chad Ocho Cinkle Johnson, We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we on tomorrow. We own tomorrow, right, make a show, yes, okay, okay, okay, I'm making sure I'm taking me. I'm taking me a nap. During the day.
Speaker 3: To day Sunday money right, We're on Sunday and money. Yeah, Monday, Monday, that woun be good.
Speaker 1: Listen when we when we do money and Thursday, they guy talk up a storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you, I got you. Thank you for joining us. We'll see you tomorrow. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I love y'all. Call me if you need me.
Speaker 3: Six a five