Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The Grammy nominations around and Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga and Bad Bunny. They're among the artists with the most nominations. Bad Bunny, who's playing in the Super Bowl, right, I congratulate him her or it. My son is old school Kendrick Lamar. He doesn't like the newer Kendrick Lamar. And all I knew was from what I saw of him on the Super Bowl last year, and I didn't really get it. But he was playing me the like original Kendrick Lamar that made him famous, and it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I really dug it.
Speaker 3: The CNN chirn up there says no deal appears imminent as long as ever shut down keeps going. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Often these things are being put together behind the scenes and it doesn't look in it until it happens practically, right, Yeah, So I wouldn't be shocked if you heard today that the shutdown is going to go going to continue. But Mark Alpern was writing in his newsletter today that his inside sources say both sides think they're winning. So there's not a lot of political movement to end the shutdown. That's both sides outside of Trump, because Trump announced the other day we're losing.
Speaker 2: We need to end this now.
Speaker 1: But well, that's exactly why I formed the f Yolikin Party ef y'all, and we formed a political party. And you can get your ef Yolikin Party T shirt at the Armstrong and Geddy superstore, Armstrong Andgeddy dot com.
Speaker 2: We now have pickleball paddles. H I'm not against it, no, no, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Super helps keep everybody on the payroll during these challenging times. So we've got a lot to squeeze in this last hour of the week. But first Friday, traditional time to take a fine look back of the week. That was it's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: If clips up.
Speaker 3: The week, the greatest and most dramatic eight seven in the World series history, and that.
Speaker 4: One is tak bye Pas. I'm ready to get another rings.
Speaker 3: Here's Japan is grappling with a grizzly problem, deadly bear attacks and Paris prosecutors now say amateurs, not professionals, carried out the heist at.
Speaker 2: The Loup Panick at a Louisiana fair.
Speaker 5: Rescuer scaling of Ferris will to reach a woman clinging to an overtipped carriage.
Speaker 2: God woking me up to six forty five Saturday morning. He goes wrong. Get your boots on, let's go walking. I'm a woman and every right to not one a man in the restroom.
Speaker 4: I'm naked.
Speaker 3: Americans will lose one hundred and thirty five billion pounds by the midterms.
Speaker 2: I don't measure it in pounds. I measure it and save lives. It's actually funny. It was December eighteenth.
Speaker 3: I remember because that's an important date to me, as Joseph Stalin's birthday.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: Character AI, a bot generating app that connects users with fictional bought friends, ended up.
Speaker 2: With the bots initiating romantic kissing. We also have to work those sort of the dark side, if you will.
Speaker 3: When the day starts with Dick trading and being dead, it ends with Mom Donnie winning.
Speaker 4: Yes, so hear me, President Trump, when I say this, to get to any of.
Speaker 2: Us, you will have to get through all of us. Every twenty years or so. We need a conspicuous, confined experiment with socialism so we can cry it up again.
Speaker 4: I'm a democratic socialist who's also a democrat.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 5: I just like more than the politician that sits there and lies to you.
Speaker 2: It's just a vital creature. The worst thing among face of the earth.
Speaker 3: Tread.
Speaker 6: Dread.
Speaker 1: When someone branded people inhaling, they're exhaling what they're done inhaling.
Speaker 2: It's a dread doctor clips of a wish.
Speaker 3: There's no way Nick Buinas actually admires Stalin. He's just trolling and he's an edge lord. What's an ex lord.
Speaker 1: It's somebody who's constantly pushing to the very limits of acceptability to get attention, to be provocative. Particularly it attracts young men. All young men are like that. They like the risky and the dangerous and the I'm not supposed to say this, but I get it.
Speaker 2: There's something else there. He's a piece of crap, but a moral.
Speaker 3: There's something else in the clips of the weekend on to comment on, but I don't remember what it was anyway, Maybe it'll pop into my head at much. Yeah, so you were going to try to tell us what the government shut down is actually about.
Speaker 2: Do you is it? Is it Obamacare? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's continuing the subsidies. I've got a d.
Speaker 3: Now, have the Republicans not done a better job of saying no, no, no, no, no, we're not We're not cutting Obamacare. We're going back to the pre COVID. They we changed all the medical policies because of COVID. Not COVID's over and we're going back to the old that's.
Speaker 2: Worth following the law that the Democrats passed.
Speaker 3: What's crazy about that? You were going back to the original Democratic law?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Their messaging is terrible. I haven't heard anybody say it. That's succinctly.
Speaker 2: It's an F minus the Republican party's messaging. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, of everybody you got f's, you're the worst. I am actually mystified by it. I don't get it how their messaging can be as bad as it is. Who wrote this? It's really good, Rick oh Rick Scott. Congressional Democrats have said the quiet part out loud. They want the federal government to keep cutting massive checks to insurance companies, forever, using your tax dollars to show up the sinking ship of Obamacare, even shut down the government to make sure it happens. Obamacare did not deliver on its promise of health care affordability and stability. If you like your health care plan, you're screwed, was the truth. In twenty thirteen, promised to bring down health care costs savings of twenty five hundred dollars a year for every American family and two hundred billion dollars for the federal government.
Speaker 2: Was a complete fiction by Obamacare.
Speaker 1: And to keep Obamacare float, the federal government has propped it up with hundreds of billions of dollars in handouts directly to the insurance industry, while failing to lower costs. And these handouts lacked any accountability or eligibility requirements, opening them up to fraud, waste, and mass confusion that line the pockets of insurance companies and brokers and failed Americans who need help. The whole system is misconceived, he writes, but Washington has done its best to hide that from the American people.
Speaker 2: That's all true and interesting.
Speaker 3: I still think it's too complicated, though, so when the shutdown started, they were making air they want to give your tax money to illegals for their healthcare, which is true, but I still think it's too complicated. No, no, no, we just want to go back to the pre COVID situation. That's the law the Democrats passed that they were so proud of. You're not proud of it anymore, or what. We're just going to go back to the pre COVID law, right, we had you ought to be in charge of the Republican Party's messaging. COVID was the biggest health emergency in a century, so we adjusted our sales. Of course, now we're going back to the pre emergency numbers. Why is this so complicated? It frustrates me. No end they can't get that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think you'd have a fair amount of agreement if people knew that, because when you position it at well, anything more complex or a cut, which is an easy way to position of your Democrats, people react negatively to that.
Speaker 2: Often.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've felt at times rooting for various sports teams that just flat sucked, and I thought, all right, I'm not going to be emotionally invested in you anymore. I might watch because I enjoy the sport, and I might be I've got to readjust my sales. I might be thinking, Okay, I wonder if that kid's going to be any good. Maybe they can help us in future seasons. But I'm not gonna have any emotional investment anymore. I feel that way about the Republican Party. Some days you're just so bad at what you do, and yet against all of the media and academia and entertainment, Republicans still win elections because their ideas are so much better.
Speaker 2: Generally speaking, I.
Speaker 3: Might look over the I might look over the Grammy nominations and just came out say, if there's anything I think is interesting to you our audience, But what's your least favorite kind of music that like, you just have no toleration for you can't really listen to it. I say this, of course, because I've got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, popular like pop country makes my skin crawl.
Speaker 2: It's funny what my son said last night when we were talking about this.
Speaker 3: My oldest he said, I like pretty much all kinds of music, and he does have a very varied, varied taste, mostly hip hop, but it kind of listen to everything. Every once in a while he surprises me with something. He said, I just can't do modern country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like a lot of like twangy music, Americana and traditional American music and stuff like that, but it's just so formulaic, and it's just it's so formulaic, it just it bothers me. Yeah, It's like it's the musical equivalent of a rom com where you know the entire plot in the first ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't dig it, but if it's on, it doesn't bother me. Like the only genre I can't really get into his metal. I just I don't even want it to on around me.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: I've tried many.
Speaker 3: Times because I like so many different kinds of music, and my son was talking to me about how I go through phases, and I do.
Speaker 2: I go through a classical phase.
Speaker 3: Then I'll be on jazz, and then I'll be on Hank Williams and Woody Guthrie and then I'll just I'll do him each for a week or two. But I've tried with metal, and I just can't find any enjoyment in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, my son, who is practically a musical genius, is super into it, and he is a huge Robert Earl Keene fan and Bob Dylan and Rush and a hundred other things. But he says it gets all of the angst and all the frustration.
Speaker 2: Out of him.
Speaker 1: Hmm, it's just a dragic bang in your head and all it's just it just it flushes it all the way.
Speaker 2: Katie.
Speaker 1: You're a metal fan, right, at least you know so because there are a lot of different genres of metal.
Speaker 2: It's like country people here.
Speaker 1: I don't like country and might think I don't want to hear you know whatever, a great American act, And that's not true.
Speaker 2: Right, Haggard as opposed to whoever's popular.
Speaker 1: I want to listen to the old ninety sevens all day, but I have no desire and what's on the radio screaming?
Speaker 2: It gets a little rough in the metal sometimes. But I felt about the Cookie Monster thing.
Speaker 3: What amazes me is that Drew can understand what they're saying, and I'm like, we translate because I have no idea what they're saying. I I got plenty of anngst and frustration. So you think it would work for me? Mmm, we'll teach their own, Michael. Any kind of music you just don't like?
Speaker 2: Polka? Polka? Yeah, too many clarinets?
Speaker 3: I like some polka, I like some yoldling. I mean I could listen to yodling more than I could.
Speaker 2: Listen to metal today. If I had to listen to one.
Speaker 3: Thing, like classic yieldling. It was always on TV when Joe and I. Joe and I are old, we're eaching our nineties. But when we were kids, on television, there's every once in a while they'd have a yodler on. I don't know who they were trying to satisfy with that, like what the hell, Well, you.
Speaker 2: Couldn't tune out. I mean, it was like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: And then they'd hit that part towards the end where they'd go yeah really really fast, and the crowd had like come to their feet with amazement.
Speaker 2: Let's see yodling equivalent of.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, right, Oh my god, good times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we got a little update on all the flights being canceled, on how much that's disrupting air traffic today. I just got a funny text from somebody who's at the airport. Would all have to read to you is quite humorous.
Speaker 1: So I'm absolutely drowning in things I really want to talk about, but I feel the need to at least tip our cap to the great Peggy Noonan who's out with her column or weekly column. And it's entitled ahem, take Momdanni seriously and literally.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good one. I want to hear that. So all that stuff's on the way, you stay here, Hetty.
Speaker 7: Trump announcing new deals drastically lowering the prices of g LP one obesity drugs like ozempic, even bringing reporters back into the room to hear more about the impact after being ushered out.
Speaker 2: When a man in the back face.
Speaker 3: Americas will lose one hundred and thirty five billion pounds by the midterms.
Speaker 2: I don't measure it in pounds. I measure it and save lives. Yeah, that wasn't a number to me. I didn't see it till this morning where Trump explained, one of your big name will go VI or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: One of your big names is going to go from thirteen to fifty a month to two hundred and fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Thirteen hundred and fifty. Yeah, thirteen hundred and fifty a month to two hundred and fifty a month.
Speaker 3: So it went from man, you got to really need it or have a lot of money before you're going to do that to lots of people could figure out a way to pay two fifty a month.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a lot of people have spent that more on various diet planes and gyms and the rest of it. Yeah, it's intriguing for sure, and it could pay enormous health dividends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the theory is that that's what's going to drive lowering the cost. Is insurance companies are going to quickly figure out this is the best investment we've ever made because there are one hundred or more diseases. I heard a doctor this morning on News Nation that obesity is a huge contributed to and that's way more expensive than subsidizing these drugs.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Obese to rates, by the way, have fallen in the last couple of years for the first time in many many years, and I thought it's probably mostly the weight loss drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah wow.
Speaker 3: So also the idea that they'll be prescribed to more people that aren't, you know, profoundly obese, like was the beginning, it'd be just people that got twenty five pounds to lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, you know, I'm not profoundly obese. But I'm certainly heavier than I need to be in it has its health effects. You know, it's funny I close this tab because it's the same old, same old. But the ten least and most obese states in America, you're obese. Five are Alabama, Louisas In Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and West Virginia. It's the usual suspects and the fittest states allegedly Hawaii, California, Massachusetts, Utah, in Colorado, the usual suspects.
Speaker 2: And what do you attribute that to? Uh?
Speaker 1: Culture, culture and diet, and diet is part of culture. Southern cooking is absolutely freaking delicious, but you got to burn a hell of a lot of glories. Yeah, whereas in Colorado you get your your kales and your keen wahs, your whatever the heck you people eat.
Speaker 3: My son hates red meat, my oldest. It's really tough, makes it tough to go out there.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because that's my favorite thing in the world. I love the red meat, like chicken. He will eat chicken, but he doesn't like uh, he doesn't like anything steak burgers, anything like that.
Speaker 2: And those are my favorite places.
Speaker 3: And then often they're chicken offering is kind of excuse me for weirdos who won't eat a.
Speaker 2: Steak or burgers.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't think this personally, but he's, say a Chinese spot.
Speaker 3: He thinks steak is discussing. I know, I say, I told he we get out of the car. And then I look at the son of my I'm what do you call?
Speaker 2: Well? He barely is.
Speaker 3: My dad was in the cattle business' entire life when we grew up, eating state and it's my favorite thing anyway, all our favorite restaurants that I've ever gone to. I don't like any of this stuff, so I looked it up. I asked, Grox, So what do you call somebody who only eats chicken?
Speaker 1: Does?
Speaker 3: He doesn't like fish either, only eats chicken, no red meat. It's an apollo or an apolitarian. A politarian, that's what you are.
Speaker 2: You're a I believe in anarchy, but with a strong fire department exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of radical politics, the Great Peggy Noon and weighing in on morom Momkami uh and uh. Actually, oddly enough, Stephen Smith and Victor Davis Hansen on Mamdanie. Oh really, last time you heard those three human beings in the same sentence. I haven't paragraph anyway, so I look forward to that fantastic little Danny wrap up. He doesn't take office till January. You realize he can't do anything yet. So it's there's still time to buy a new hammer and poliship your sickle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get that sickle sharp. You got to start stabbing the economy until it bleeds out dark glad aunt of time. So I don't take this any further.
Speaker 2: I give stuff, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: Thank you to those so often forgotten by the politics of our city who made this movement their own. I speak of Yemeny bodega owners and Mexican abuelas, Senegalese taxi drivers and who's beck nurses, Trinidadian lime coach and Ethiopian aunties, Yes, aunties.
Speaker 1: Let the inevitable lying begin so typical of Marxists, claiming that he was representing the working poor, the minorities, the immigrants. The numbers do not bear that sentiment out at all.
Speaker 3: I saw this yesterday, meant to bring it up. It's really interesting, and more than the fact that he lied about it, who he's representing, the media completely unaware of who he's representing, or.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cuomo won the I don't have a high school degree vote by eight points.
Speaker 2: Cuomo did.
Speaker 1: Voters who his education ended with a high school diploma backed Cuomo over Mndami to the tune of forty six to forty percent, and forty seven percent of those with some college voted for Cuomo, compared with forty one percent who backed Mamdanni.
Speaker 3: Mamdannie's strength was with the city's elite. Mamdanni lost everybody but college educated.
Speaker 1: Right, so you don't get to standands degree. People went in droves from Mamdani.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't get to stand up in front of a crowd and yell, I represent the working class. No you don't. You represent the college educated. I mean, it's just factually true. These are the numbers. But again, to me, I wish the media would have, you know, understood that at all.
Speaker 1: Right, radical ideology is almost always the product of the elite, the young, wealthy, comfortable elite. It happens over and over and over again in history, and it's happened again. But for some reason, people the media pretend that's not the case. They fall they just lap up the rhetoric and never question it.
Speaker 3: And we all know how it has just generally been true broadly that the more education you have, the more money you make throughout your life. So the people that could benefit for the most in theory from rent control and free buses and right in the subway for free and all that sort of stuff, they voted for Homo.
Speaker 1: Right, right, that's the narrative here, that's the narrative. Everybody ought to be talkingly. That's the most interesting part of the whole story. I know, I know, and we we kind of buried it too. Here we are an hour or four, but at least we're getting to it. Let's hear from a couple more voices before we get to the fabulous Peggy Noon. And this is a basketball commentator and budding politician, Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 6: I'm very concerned about what he once said about defunding the police. I don't want to see left police officers. I want to see more police officers. I heard him talk about mental health experts in the subway system.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that. I want cops in the subways, pre buses, pre grocery stores in each borough.
Speaker 6: I really think that's gonna wear, which means that rent freezes, which is also something that my'm Donnie push. Is that really going to be plausible? Are you really going to be able to freeze rent? Or are you gonna end up hiking it because you don't have enough people here to pay it. The people who love Mom Donnie the most are not people who pay bills every day.
Speaker 2: Why does Steven All know that?
Speaker 3: And the media doesn't know that, or or any commentators on the race, right, the polling probably showed that leading up to this, nobody was telling that story. Now, look, he's he's winning overwhelmingly among the college educated.
Speaker 2: The downtrodden don't want him. That that should.
Speaker 3: Have been evident in the polling, and nobody was talking about that. Oh my god, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry. It's like I'm punched in the face. Every time somebody brings up rent control. It's like somebody runs into the room and says, oh my god, I just got an email from a Nigerian prince. I won the Nigerian lottery and all I have to do is dot Rent Control is a scam, just one notch below that. It never ever works. It removes units from the market, and it makes landlords not maintain their properties anymore because they can't charge a rent commensurate with their costs.
Speaker 2: It's a nightmare anyway. From Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith to this is pro probably the first time the sentence has ever been uttered in the English language.
Speaker 2: From Stephen A. Smith to Victor Davis Hansen.
Speaker 8: People forget that New York was already in a physical crisis because it had too much socialism. People were not paying their fares on the subway or the bus anyway. So he's going to the next step of neolism. And you know, he's on the back of a communist tiger because you hear Linda Sarsour and these other radical Muslims and Islamises, his anti Semites that he's he's written and now he can't if he gets off, they're going to devour, you know, devour him. So he's going to ride that all the way to the most extreme logical end, and it doesn't look good for New York. I don't see a way out for it right now.
Speaker 1: As an aside, I've been really gratified that VDH who is the dean of conservative historians and a brilliant man, has not won second of patients for the wolfkwrite anti Semite thing. He's really come out strongly. Well done, VDH. Anyway to Peggy Noonan, who as usual wrote a wonderful column in this case about Zoron Mndami and I'm gonna skip around a little bit, but she writes, Mumdanni got the mandate he wanted and it was big. He broke past fifty percent in a three man race as a declared not hidden socialist, the first such mayor in New York. Oh, I should tell you that the title of this piece is take Mumdanni seriously and literally. He did this at age thirty four, with no real resume, and as a Muslim, again a first. It is a most extraordinary achievement. And he didn't come to do nothing. Alexandria Casio Cortez was elected to Congress in twenty eighteen and went to Washington, where she posed for magazine covers and did TikTok rants. She didn't accomplish much after she ran into a little iceberg named Nancy Pelosi. Mister Mumdanni won't take a page from that book. He's as serious as a heart attack. He told us in his victory speech. This is a man who's six months ago was un to the vast majority of New Yorkers and ten months ago was pulling at one percent. Was he humbled by new York's open minded, open hearted, embraced embraced Not in the least. He delivered a declaration of dominance. And we've played some of these clips. To get to any of us, you'll have to get through all of us. Billionaires can play by the same rules as the rest of us. We have toppled a political dynasty. We will put an end to the culture of corruption with communism.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: We will prove that there's no problem too large for government to solve and no concern too small for it to care about.
Speaker 2: He declared a new age.
Speaker 1: He made Barack Obama look modest and self effacing, perhaps the most horrifying of those statements, departing from the text. To me, we'll prove that there is no problem too large for government to solve and no concern too small for it to care about.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a different worldview than I've got.
Speaker 1: Meaning government now has the right to get involved in everything you do and say, probably think.
Speaker 2: Because that's who's going to solve your problems?
Speaker 1: Van Jones, watching it live on TV, we played you this clip said, I felt like he was a little bit of a character switch here. During the campaign, mister Mamdani was the warm, embracing fellow with the dimpled smile, who loved everyone with undifferentiated warmth. The night he won, he showed who he was, a serious id log who means it. In the day after interview in The New York Times, he spoke of the size of his win. It is a mandate to deliver on the agenda that we ran on. The conversation turned to his plan to raise taxes on the wealthy. In the past, he implied that there might be other ways to raise funds for his programs, but not now. I think that our tax system is an example of the many ways in which working people have been betrayed. The Times headline, an emboldened Mundanni sheds conciliatory tone. Everybody noticed it. A good guess, writes Peggy Noonan. He won't start he won't start out moderate, but he will be clever because he is. And here's the nut of what she wanted to write about. He'll focus first on city services, is such as garbage collection, knowing he can lose it all if he shows incompetence on the basics. He won't quit impose the Democratic Socialists of America criminal justice agenda and allow crime to spike. He won't wear down popular and respected police Commissioner Jessica Tish right away. He'll wait, but as months go by he'll be an inch by inch bulldozer. And then this is kind of an a side, but it's so good. His economic agenda is to hike taxes on millionaires, billionaires, and corporations. Nobody minds if he gets another five million bucks out a year out of a billionaire. Even the billionaire will hardly notice. I wonder if the Mundanian administration is going to find out that billionaires and corporations have many legal ways to protect their wealth and profits, but high salary quote unquote millionaires people who own a one point four million dollar apartment and earn a joint six hundred thousand dollars a year and have two kids in Catholic school, each with tuition, and are highly taxed already, that they're going to get clobbered. I wonder if socialists care about these fine points or just want to raise taxes on the rich Eddie rich and get the credit with their followers.
Speaker 2: I suspect the latter.
Speaker 1: I suspect they think, why should anyone have a million dollar apartment when the homeless sleep in the streets anyway, Uh.
Speaker 2: And is not what the non college educated are worried about, apparently.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. No, They're like, no, these are junkies and crazy people. And then she gets into one hundred thousand volunteers who are underemployed and will try to help him by volunteering at his communist grocery stores. All right, here is the part that really brings it home. And this is uh, this is the message to conservatives. Republicans should understand. Mister Mumdanni, isn't your boogeyman to use for your electoral amusement. You think you're going to make him the face of the Democratic Party in that stupid phrase, and everyone will hate Democrats and you'll profit without even trying.
Speaker 2: But he's cleverer than you.
Speaker 1: He understands the world of right now better and in any case, he has an ideology. He swallowed whole at his father's knee with mother's milk and is fully absorbed and digested. He thinks he knows his historical meaning you. It isn't necessarily true that mister Mumdannie, unless he is an utter failure, will sour those outside New York on the Democratic Party. Americans think New York is a place apart a liberal city that will always be New Yorking. In the coming AI crisis, his brand of leftism may start to look good to some people. Mister Trump can't moderate himself for his policies and will continue to rouse wild opposition. He is the face of his party. Mumdannie can't do anything alone. He needs the governor. Kathy Hokel is up for re election, faces a primary challenge from the left, and is surrounded by progressive legislators. She's your bulwark against him. Take him both literally and seriously.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. So that's two people.
Speaker 3: That we've read saying a not so fast with that this is going to be good for conservatism. Peggy Noonan and Douglas Murray. Those are two people you ought to pay attention to. They're two of my favor smartest people I know who are both saying, yeah, this is not gonna help.
Speaker 1: And both are serious people, because that's what other story said, shuckers and click grabbers.
Speaker 3: His piece from a couple a month or so ago was was very similar. He could do a lot of damage and he could catch on with a lot of people. Yeah, because the scam is an attractive scam.
Speaker 1: Socialism is to you know, George will putting out the other day, seems like we have to have an experiment in it that fails miserably about once every twenty years, because it's so seductive and I hate to sung sue you to death, but the worst thing we could possibly do is underestimate this extremely clever enemy of the Western world, because I believe firmly he is that boy.
Speaker 3: Her point about AI was true. So with the shutdown going on, we didn't get our normal government numbers. But I was listening to a newscast today where they were using private numbers to try to get a guess where we are on jobs right now. And it was a horrible month October, something like one hundred fifty thousand jobs lost, almost all attributed to AI. If AI does anything close to what it's supposed to do with people losing their jobs, man, the seductive siren of social socialism is going to be more attractive than ever.
Speaker 2: The Francification of the United States continues.
Speaker 3: Don't you think you have you have millions of college graduates how to work out there, because AI, they're all going to be mom DAMMI type voters.
Speaker 2: It's entirely possible. Yes, that'll be fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Ah, we're in a what was the line from the classical brother Where aren't though?
Speaker 2: My god, we're in a tight spot. Yeah? Yeah, or I always liked the line from No Country for Old Men. This is a mess, isn't the sheriff? Well if it ain't, it'll do to the mess. Gets here, Amen to that. Yeah, we'll finish strong next farm strong and getty.
Speaker 5: At eighty years old, Natalie Graybow is all about to find the ovs as the oldest woman to ever complete the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii. Graybow powered through a two point four mile swim, then a one hundred and twelve mile bike ride, and then she ran a full marathon, beating the seventeen hour cutoff and more than sixty other athletes.
Speaker 2: That's impossible.
Speaker 3: So when I heard a triathl a triathlon because they vary and some of the triathlons are you know, you swim a half a mile, you run a five k, and you bike ride for five months, which is fine, that's, you know, good athletic, But not the big one, the full marathon, one hundred mile bike ride and a couple mile swim. I don't know how anybody does that period. I ran a marathon once. It almost killed me. The idea of getting on a bike afterwards or before and riding one hundred miles is insane.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: That's if everybody trained their whole lives to do that. What percentage of us could still do that at age eighty be small or ever ever, but.
Speaker 2: Eighty Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Of course, how long to take her? Did she start it in twenty sixteen? You just finished yesterday?
Speaker 2: No, she was better than the seventeen hour cutoff.
Speaker 3: They said, Oh right, God, dang it. That is really something. That's got to be a genetics thing.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: Still a large extent, sure, he says, wanting to discount his lazy ass.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not sloth and lack of ambition that holds me back, it's genetics.
Speaker 2: Donuts.
Speaker 3: Oh so the Armstrong and Getty store, which is getting to be this time of year people get excited about because I've purchased gifts for people before, for people I know I like the show, or I know other people have and our store right now has got some cool stuff Armstrong in Getty, Armstrong and Getty t shirts and then stocking stuffers.
Speaker 2: Coasters. People use coasters, Oh yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: People like you have fancy furniture. I don't use coasters. I've never used a coaster in my life. Decals Armstrong and Getty decals Armstrong and Getty, pickleball paddles, huh.
Speaker 1: I just I want to make sure nobody buys the decals and like puts them in public places in liberal towns or on their liberal friends, neighbors and relatives. Cars just don't are their mailboxes.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I'm really likely to see it under any circumstances. Don't do it. Certainly nothing. Hey kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty zeros for final thoughts. Joe Getty Plea's.
Speaker 1: Get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up to the day.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be delightful?
Speaker 1: Michaelangelo our board operator, our technical director is ready to go.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 8: You know this may sound a little odd, but I'm thinking about setting up playdates for my wife so she doesn't find companionship with a chat right with the chat bought.
Speaker 2: Or something to watch out for. So I'm gonna set her up with friends. I'm just gonna call you know, women to have them come over. Wow. Good, good strategy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Katie Green, are seeing Newswoman As a final thought.
Speaker 2: Katie, I lost it with that. I'm sorry following that. Yeah right, that whole segment.
Speaker 3: Really it was a mixture of emotions like sad and disturbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what hour was that? Get the podcast?
Speaker 3: If you didn't hear that big New York Times piece on this will be my final thought New York Times piece featuring three different people, full on grown up people surviving in the world with jobs that have a I bought relationships.
Speaker 2: Yeh hours three I believe. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things we talked about today was that Craig Abbott threatened date one hundred percent tariff on New Yorker's moving to Texas, and a lot of people took him seriously and started screeching online about how that was constitutional and you can't have tariffs on people.
Speaker 2: And didn't get the joke. That's a funny thing to say. We have breaking news.
Speaker 3: A robotaxi has run over a beloved cat in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: People are angry. Thinks that happened a few days ago. Did it back up and run over the thing? You can't run over it again out of anger?
Speaker 3: Arms Strong and Yetty wrapping up another grueling for our workday.
Speaker 1: So many people to thank, so a little time go to Armstrong and geeddy dot com. Hey, if you're doing your thing over the weekend and you see something we really ought to be talking about or think piece that you think is fabulous, send it along the email addresses mail bag at Armstrong Geddy dot com.
Speaker 3: Cat hating robotaxis something to watch out.
Speaker 2: For the coming for us next. We came for the cats and I said nothing. We will see you Monday.
Speaker 3: God bless America.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getting the Dodgers domin Nate the Blue Jay Here you ugers.
Speaker 3: Elected comedy Mayo Yay. Tariffs taken up by the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Fat drug prices dropped. Get up now in another.
Speaker 6: Crazy week, Join us again on Monday.
Speaker 2: This is where we'll meet, armstrong and getting