Speaker 1: Did you watch the Joe Rogan Netflix special?
Speaker 2: I downloaded it because I was like I should, I should download this and like why bro, because people are gonna watch it?
Speaker 1: Bro, the worst thing I have ever really fucking like, he couldn't even be bothered to hump the stool. No, he couldn't even be bothered to hump the stool.
Speaker 2: I feel like they shot him to make him look short. I feel like he is like coming out as a tiny man and that.
Speaker 1: Dude, he just like you could just tell it, bro, he has not thought about a stand up in so long. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: He's not prepared.
Speaker 1: He literally came off not prepared, dude, when he's talking about jizz all the time, just like weird shit.
Speaker 3: Jd Van Schizz, No donkey donkeys?
Speaker 1: How you get donkey jizz? Then you probably saw the same video I did on YouTube where someone was breaking down the special too. How he started then doing old bits like that? He never like outwardly, he's always talking about He's like, dude, I'll never do a bit like once I do it in a special, it's dead. And like he got he was like he was fucking tanking so bad. He started doing old material.
Speaker 3: And it was his special.
Speaker 1: Dude. You know you know why because it was live. He shouldn't have done it lot, like, you know that's what did it live? Wow, So you get to watch in real time like a very not well put together fucking performance just kind of start going like, Hello the Internet and welcome to this week trend edition of Da Guys stay of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: He's back, folks.
Speaker 1: This is an episode where we care.
Speaker 3: We tell you what happened over the weekend, tell you what's going on with us. I'm Jack and I'm throwing to be joined once again by my co host, mister Miles gra.
Speaker 4: It's me Olympic.
Speaker 1: Breaking answer, Gray Gun.
Speaker 3: You missed, Gray Gun.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I miss Grey Gun.
Speaker 2: To be honest, miss the three weeks I missed where uh Biden tanked the debate, Trump was almost assassinatedun.
Speaker 1: I mean I missed basically the well what because I the end of the week before was the end of the Olympics and then no, no, no, you're much more eventful. I mean, ray Gun was fine. I remember watching that and being like.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's that's a shame, because I'm pretty sure you could find better people busking as breakers than old ray Gun there.
Speaker 1: Bildney was her being like I was really trying. I was really trying to have a go, And you're like, okay, dude, like I just don't shame on the people that someone else failed letting you get out there. Yeah, because I'm like, I get that she's a professor or whatever. There's a lot of people sort of like looking at sort of like the like a meta critique of of what her sort of participation was in breaking. But yeah, I'm like, how did they pick take some of these people? But yeah, anyway, that's why we saw the last of it grand.
Speaker 2: They were like a fury portion of the Olympic qualification that we just like weren't privy to because yes it was.
Speaker 1: It was a hip hop to cathlon because she read about Yeah she killed it in the essays portion and actually graffiti too had really great handstyles.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, well it's great to have you back, Miles.
Speaker 1: I needed a little I need a quick a quick break, you know what I mean, as we do in the summer, as we then continue with pace into the selection season. So yeah, I had a big Yeah, had a breather. Thanks for thanks to Paulavy thanks everybody holding it down.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, shout out to pol.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna tell the people what was trending over the weekend. First, we're gonna tell them something what we're up to by giving you a little underrated, a little overrated miles, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay, having barely enough milk in your cereal I think is underrated. I was making cereal and you know, I'm currently it's a resource battle between me and the guy's child who also needs to be drinking cow milk for his protein, you know, and they love, they love a bit of milk. But I got like arrently at the store. I bought like sweet, like a version of cheerios. I was like sweeter. We don't give them like sugary cereal and shit like that. So I was like, oh, well, shit, I guess imnna have to go through this. And I haven't really been eating cereal in a minute.
Speaker 2: So that's like one of those happy accidents that you have to ask yourself that was really an accident or if you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think my subconscious completely, like my eyes just was like it's a green box. There's do you know what a green box of cheerios. Is it's not the yellow one? It probably multi It was like apple cinnamon cheerio.
Speaker 3: Oh, apple cinnamon cheerios. Yeah, you did that. And I was like, whether you realize it or not, you did that on purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah maybe. And I was like, oh, heck, I guess I have to drink I guess I have to eat all this cereal then by myself don't have any. But I barely had enough milk for one of the servings, just enough to like get the the cereals like on their way on the milk's way to the bottom. It did interact with most of my pieces of cereal. But the thing that I love is how concentrated that cereal milk is that sweetness. Yeah yeah, when it's when you're contending with a lot of you know, putting a lot of milk, the delution, it's just like whatever. But to have like this, like fucking like it was thick, like the amount of just the added sugars that have just transferred to the milk, I was like, yep, yep, I forgot about this. The best sip is the one that is the most flavor packet. So yeah, just getting just finding those like true mathematical minimums that like not ruin your bowl of cereal that it feels all dry, but also enough that that final sip of cereal milk is just pure, pure sweet ambrosio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like I like to put that in a little frying pan and too, and just like you know, boil it down so it's like really low, and then you smoke it the remnants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you cook it down. Yeah, and then when you light the remnants oil fire, put on.
Speaker 1: Go on fire. Yep, yep, I hear that. Then you find an old big pen and you break off both tips. You got yourself a little too inhale the humes with yep, I heard that. Bron, If they don't have foil, you find a piece of chewing gum, you know the ones that still have a foil wrapper. Lighter, burn that little piece of paper that's on there, just like that, and then it leaves foil for you. How do I know this because I love eating cereal.
Speaker 3: That's right, mild.
Speaker 2: My own rated is the film The Flim First Man, Okay, was not checking for us when it came out. That's Ryan Gosling as Neil Armstrong. Very square was not that you know. It's by Damien Chazelle, the Whiplash guy, coming off of La La Land, so he went Whipla La La Land, first Man Man, and then Babylon and really really enjoyed the movie. In addition to just like being a good movie, it tells, like I don't know, it really drives home how crazy it is that we went from like nineteen seventeen finally learning how to fly to like, after like trying for thousands of years that was like all man to think about was like how I fly like a bird? Finally figured it out, and then fifty years later this motherfuckers on the Moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true, and then fifty.
Speaker 2: Years after that they release a movie about it, and I'm just like, uh, more man versus gravity bullshit.
Speaker 3: But it's good. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like that is one of the things that reading from like reading how people felt about flight, like in the fifties sixties they were still like really transfixed by it, and like it just does not translate it like nobody gives a shit anymore. Everyone's like, like I watched that movie while on a plane flying through the air and being annoyed by it. But yeah, I don't know. Mean, like if you showed someone on the day the Right Brothers invented flight where we would be in nineteen sixty nine, they'd be like, well, there's there's nothing humanity can't do. And then if you showed them in nineteen sixty nine where we'd be today, I think they'd be depressed again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, waitit've been past the moon. You have phones, they can go underwater. Yeah, right, I guess, I guess that's the big one. It is wild how much that like hockey stick sort of trajectory goes from being like all right, we figured out the little flapper flyplane and then now it's like an now we're on the moon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: One of the crazier things is just like that these fucking rockets were like barely held together. Like he would like shoot like close ups of like the screws holding them together, and you can like hear the metal like kind of whining.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, shit is.
Speaker 2: So scary, Like they they had to have been missing like a part of their brain to have done what they did because it was so dangerous. Like there the previous mission, they were just like waiting, like doing the plugs test for the space flight and it just like caught on fire and killed everybody on board, like while they were waiting, like doing a test on the thing like that was good a couple of years before, like he then had to go in the same rocket and fucking yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's wild. It's also crazy like how many people died on our way to getting to the moon, because I feel like the we only talk about tragedy, Like I feel like we only talk about the Challenger or something challenger, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that one was spectacle. This one kind of happened.
Speaker 2: They were just sitting on the launch pad getting ready for a flight in a couple of days, like testing that everything worked, and it did not, and there was a mechanical fire. But also yeah, so really, I don't know, I really enjoyed the movie. I'm also, you know, a forty something guy, so this might not be for everyone. I just thought it was fucking red. But I've also like never been more hot and cold on a director like his odd movies are like Whiplash and this one, now, I fucking I loved, And then La La Land and Babylon are so I could they couldn't be so I don't know. Maybe he's just like hitting every odd one. So yeah, I means, yeah, he didn't do.
Speaker 1: For a banger after this. Yeah, it's like it's just called a stick, Like what is it? It's about this a first caveman, yo, check out this stick? Check it out man? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: All right? What is something, Miles? Do you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? And I hate to get in my parental daddy bag overrated? Little babies?
Speaker 3: Okay, like little.
Speaker 1: Babies, you know what I mean? Like I find myself as the guy's child is what now a little over eighteen months old? Yeah, like in the beginnings like never.
Speaker 5: Grow up, always be this new born good pile that just lays where I put you and makes little micros sounds.
Speaker 1: But even now as he becomes like mobile and a terror yo he is, he likes to hit me and her majesty in the face regularly. Yeah, And I'm doing that thing where it's like, don't give a big reaction because they're still like learning about cause and effect as part of me, Like like it's like, excuse you fucking upwerf ft of me with a milk bottle full, like not to walk out of the room and start crying somewhere else. So yeah, no, I just take him, yeah, and just like have a single tear come down my face as I just give a blank face. And I think that's more powerful actually to the baby. But no, I think the other part is really just the fact that like he's like walking and talking and now raising him to be bilingual, so I speak a to the Japanese to him and just watching him like just fuck, Like all these capacities come online like one after the other, like sort of in quick succession. Like it does feel like you're sort of like a comparison to like mastering flight, and then you're on the moon pretty quickly after that. It really first second crazy, Yeah, this dude just started like mimicking me, and now like we're like he's learning to say more words in both English and Japanese, and like my heart is just like exploding everything Like you said thank you did that, and he said thank you to me, to me, uh and that shit is just like yeah, I don't know. This whole journey of parenting is like always rendering like the greatest moments that I I'm never expecting And for all the emphasis that I had a lot of people like when he was born. Like, hey, man, appreciate these moments. Man, appreciate those moments when they're little, because they get big. I totally get that, but I think there's there's a very there's sort of like we I think we sort of overrate like what. I think it's the ease of that period. And I get though, too that they're never that dependent on you and then they become more independent and more you know, toddlery and things. But shit, I'm loving this part in a way that like I had never saw coming. So yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: I think for a certain time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I somebody told me early on that like it just keeps getting better like that like being a parent, because you just get to see them bloom into like a full human. And yeah, that that has been my experience for sure. And then I go back and look at old videos of me interacting with them, I'm like, man, what they weren't ship back then? No, that's not true, but it's just it's like a different it's a total different thing. And I'm like, man, I really had you know, whatever the evolutionary brain chemicals were that you know, make us love our babies were really coursing through me because I was just like, wow, he just he just audibly shit and sneezed at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right right. The other side of that, though, is like the existential dread you get as a parent though, too, like my own health and the health of like my family, you know what I mean. Like that's hard because I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of an anxious person that doesn't come out a lot of the time, like when we're talking whatever. I'm more of an introverted person, so like I have a lot of time in my own head also to think about things, and I tend to worry about things, and like those are like some of the moments are like, oh my god, I gotta fucking lift the three thousand to be the child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: That part is I've had nights where I'm just like spinning out for whatever reason. Like a lot of times when I'm on vacation, I think, like my brain is just used to the anxiety of like not being on vacation, and so it will place it on like our safety and I'll have like weird just like panic attacks that like.
Speaker 1: Something by a shark and die. No, bro, that is true. Yeah, if I'm going to go out whole shiit bit by yahs. But I just did get an update from her majesty. She was at a coffee shop with the guy geists child. She said, we saw a cop and he offered a sticker to the guys child and he said, no, hell yeah, unimpressed. I'm good, bro, I'm good on that.
Speaker 2: Are you inserting schoolboy Q songs into your overrated on purpose? Because you said both blank face and that part, and.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and I think I like to think of myself as the man of the year, as a dad of the year in a way. But you know, I was eating collar greens last night with dinner and it was really delicious. But sorry, what we're saying.
Speaker 2: My overrated is my skills as a pedicurist.
Speaker 1: You rated your skills going into being a pedicurist.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just giving myself that job. I was like, I got this ship. All I need is like some nail clippers, lines, some hedge trimmers, you know, and hed head sheers, And I'm good heads some hedge shearings. That that is my new brand of hedge shears. That yeah, brought to you by me and Ed Sheeran.
Speaker 3: They my feet.
Speaker 2: I was just like, now, I just got like kind of ugly feet, you know, and like I just you know, I was just on the beach with my folks and my kids and noticing that I was like causing a lot of collisions between people distracted by the length of my toes and the weirdness of my toenails, like they would just you know, crash into each other. My toenails bend like Frank Gary designed them.
Speaker 3: But they don't make sense.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so shout out to my mother and father in law now living with us, and we dropped off our kids at Taekwondo and my father in law stayed with them, and my wife and I went and she got a pedicure and I got a pedicure and it's a nice little date and it is night and day. My feet have gone undercover as normal feet. It's so much better than what I can do with just you know, a toenail clipper and uh showering, you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. They just they worked out all your all your problem areas.
Speaker 3: They're like out they like shape my nails so they're like normal again.
Speaker 1: It's I'm really curious. So what they're they're just so long, they're curling. I don't understand. What what do you mean by the.
Speaker 2: No no, no, like that my toenail for my my big toenail for whatever reason, has like a little wave to.
Speaker 1: It, oh like on the top part.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like it's not a rain, but it's not an arc. It's like kind of a sine wave for it's a little bit ye. So anyways, shout out to paticurists everywhere you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Keep your eyes on your toes man member, that's how Bob Marley passed away.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about what's trending. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and it's dink time, baby mm yeah, yeah time. It is dink time in Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Democrats to officially crown Kamala as the nominee and put on his show that will just help fully kick off the business end of the campaign season. Uh but yeah, there are a few stories trending going into this very big week for the Democratic Party. One is that Joe Biden, so he is set to speak tonight Monday at the opening of the DNC. The theme tonight is for the People and not Along with doctor Joe Biden that is going to be speaking, the Chicago mayor Brandon Johnson will also be speaking as well as Hillary too. But apparently, according to Axios, Joe Biden is still not happy about how all things ended. You know, obviously, like Nancy Pelosi was one of the people too. It was like, hey, bro, if you don't drop out, I'm gonna tell people that I don't think you can win. Do we want this? Joe, and he's definitely felt some type of way about that. He felt stabbed in the back by a lot of people who were doing sort of like anonymous quotes to the media, and Acto says quote. Biden's friends tell us that as the President heads to his DNC send off in Chicago, he's somewhat relieved and pretty nostalgic, but also still stunned and pissed about the way he was pushed out of his re election race. Yeah, okay, hissed. Yes, stunned and pissed, which was also kind of how he looked on the debate stage. But it sounds like the immediate embrace of Kamala and the press like just fun fawning over the new campaign. I just like only added on to Joe's feelings of hurt. He's like, he's like, there sandbagged me, and yeah, but don't worry. Apparently it was also a party. He's just gonna go to Santa Barbara right after this speech. I have a nice little vacation so he doesn't have to be there when they put Wow Kamala on Thursday. He will not be at the DNC for that.
Speaker 2: Was a while because I had it on good authority that he was gonna actually take back the nomination and then debate Trump right then and there and from there and everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was about to put the crown on Kama goes sight puts it on himself. Oh my god. Music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's wild that he's still outurly mad, especially like you think I could see him being initially mad, but after seeing the overwhelming response and the party's fortunes just skyrocketing up according to polling, at least, you would think he would just be like all right, yeah, no, y'all are right, like, yeah no, this is my idea all along.
Speaker 3: And I did like a very brave thing.
Speaker 2: And but the fact that he can't quite get past that really emphasizes how lucky we are.
Speaker 1: That he got out when he did, because, yeah, because it is some hater shit too. Where's like I could have done that. It's like, no, you would do What are we going to do that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How how sway tell you? Yes? So the rest of the schedule, just to give people an idea of what's happening day to day. Tuesday is a quote, a bold vision for America's future. So we are going to hear from President Barack ol second Gentleman M Hoff, Yeah, exactly, a welcome note from JB. Pritzker. Wednesday is a fight for our freedoms. That's where Tim Walls will get the vice presidential nomination officially and where he will accept, which will be preceded by former President Bill Clinton. UH Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi and Pete BOUDAHGJ Edge will also be speaking. And then Thursday, Harris accepts the nomination for president and that'll be the big speech. But then I'm like Bill Clinton, that guy that was really close with Jeff Epstein, why is he around? He should have he should have a weird fight why is he should have a weird case. There's a reason why.
Speaker 3: I actually.
Speaker 1: He's had a few. Ya, he's got some weird cases. Why is he around still? Yeah, we don't need him to speak at all. Like, and you're lucky that there's so that this Epstein thing touched like everybody that they're like, you know what, let's.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, let's put that.
Speaker 1: We're all just digging.
Speaker 2: We're giving every mistakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that guy, and that guy alone can't believe it. Man, I thought he we just didn't play fantasy football together. Nothing really serious, nothing really.
Speaker 3: Serious, fly on his plane a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then JB. Pritzker. There's also headline there like they've talked around about like two hundred National Guard will be on standby. He was quick to point out that he doesn't expect to have them deployed in any like meaningful sort of law enforcement capacity, but more so to be like, no, this is like a high profile national event, you know, which is true. You're gonna have the like executive branch in the building. That is a reason for the precaution. But the quiet part I think is that there are many demonstrators that are going to be outside the convention and in Chicago to protest the ongoing genocide taking place at the hands of the Israeli government and our very own government, who, by the way, just greenlit another twenty in weapons last week. Fifty f fifteen fighter jets, tank ammunition, mortar rounds, tactical vehicles, advanced air to air missilest lot of stuff that should I mean again, there's also a lot of news this week that Joe Biden is really hoping to get a ceasefire done this week. This sounds like Trump with Infrastructure week, Like it's like it's infrastructure week and it wasn't. Oh, they're really pushing this week for a ceasefire, then please.
Speaker 2: Like they're really trying though this time they actually really want it and they really yeah, I mean sure.
Speaker 1: And that helps to have that headline along with the DNC happening to hopefully, you know, discourage people from protesting, but honestly, like having the people there to pro peacefully protest what's happening in Gaza in the West Bank, like and having like police turn up on peaceful protesters, Yeah, that create significant headlines would be such a fucking easy thing to avoid to self own but the Democrats, I'm they got still plenty of time for them up.
Speaker 2: They've had like a couple a good run in a couple places, and so there's like part of me that's like, they're not going to do that, right, but uh, we'll see never no, we will see.
Speaker 1: See, we'll see. But anyway, this week it starts. So how is it going.
Speaker 2: On the other side, Republicans have been seen carrying jd Vance jizz cups.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what so jd wait cups?
Speaker 2: Jiz cups? So once again they're the party of normal family values. They're not weird you are. And because of that, Mega supporters have been seen carrying around cups that are designed to look like they have jd Vance's seamen inside them. They're meant to look like cups that you jiz into when giving a semen sample. They have a picture of jd Vance's head and say jd Vance Full Family Kit, and the idea is to show off how strong his seed is because he has three kids and the Democrat and VP had to use IVF to conceive.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but like my com is strong, isn't a fucking like weighted THEE And this is unless you're like a sperm donor you know what I mean, if your prolific sperm. Sure maybe right Uh in this version, just come attacking somebody like yo, they had to use IVF bro.
Speaker 2: Right Like Like some of them look like they have come in them like they have they've put like they've gone to the trouble of putting a you know some of these translucent weight material.
Speaker 1: Yes, some of these images are disturbing. There's like one photo of like a guy holding it in a way that makes me believe maybe there is come in there. He's like holding it like with like two fingers, like here's my JD vance cup. Great? Great, great. This is all pretty predictable for them.
Speaker 2: I mean it is, like it's predictable in the sense that like they want to make this about gender, but and also it is in the sense that they want to make they want they always find the.
Speaker 1: Weirdest possible way to try and make themselves see normal and make their h It's weird because like making fun of someone because they were using like IVF to conceive a child. It's just a it's just like doesn't make sense, Like that's not a thing that someone would be Like I'm better than you because I didn't use IVF. Yes, Like, that's not those aren't valid use that. People are like, yep, that's true. We all know about IVF. Sucks, like no, and you're trying to make it a thing by holding around plastic cups of simulated jizz. Yeah, which is really fucking tight to me that they're doing.
Speaker 3: I think pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, yeah, it's like the childless cat ladies comment. But just that point made in the weirdest, grossest way possible.
Speaker 1: And also because they were trying to did you see the thing, like I'm sure you talked about it about how like they were like, oh, Tim walls drinks.
Speaker 3: Come, No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh my god, you're lucky. Donald Trump Junior posted this fucking meme and like people started saying it on the right because they're like, well, if you fucks couches, then you guys like horse sperm. This is like it says, it's a picture of Tim Waltz with like a weird splattery milk mush mustache, and the thing says, listen, sole valor is about as bad as it gets. Uh, but what what is this I'm hearing about? A horse got milk, and it's just like there's this this stupid online thing that he likes horse semen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I haven't heard that one. That one isn't quite like the couch fucking.
Speaker 1: I think because they're like, oh we can, we can be grosser than what you just said without understanding the elegance of the fake hillbilly elegy tweet. You know that it's it's it's it's operating on this the possibility that maybe because JD. Vans again just has those vibes. Yeah, Tim Walls, I'm sorry, like and that's what they're like. This guy called uh like white white people tackles. That's did you like that ship? Was also fucking also so stupid when he's like, oh but he doesn't like spicy, it's just like again stupid, stupid, stupid, try something new or don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know very I feel like Donald Trump you or is like under immense uh pressure from his dad to redeem the JD vance thing. So he's yeah, he's he's tilting, as they say in the gambling addiction.
Speaker 1: What do you think that's what's happening there? Like is he just giving him the silent treatment? Probably?
Speaker 3: I mean feels like it's essentially his parenting styles.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say, right, yeah, it's it's always the silent treatment. It's like, dude, what you need to be aiming for is maybe getting me to say something to you and then we can then we can have a relationship. But yeah, the the other thing was, like was it. I think Peter Teal was also saying. He's like, I'm probably gonna leave the US if Trump loses. Yeah, Like, oh wow, the cope, the coping is getting weirder and weirder all around right now.
Speaker 2: Trump, Yeah, Trump said he was going to Venezuela if he loses. Peter Teal Elon Musk, I think they're they're making their escape plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they've been making their skate plan with the private space program.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But I will see what the where this all heads, because it sounds like more and more there are people just starting to not turn their backs on Trump but like just be more outwardly critical. Yeah, Like like Lindsay Graham is like, well, he's a provocateur, and I think he's going to lose. But he's saying that now he's saying, I think Trump's gonna lose. Yeah, he said, let me pull this up.
Speaker 2: It definitely feels like we've entered a new era where people are like, what do we do?
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: He says, I don't look at the this is what this is what Lindsay Graham said. I don't look at the Vice President Kamala Harris as a lunatic. I look at her as the most liberal person to be nominated for president in the history of the United States. I would make it about policy. A nightmare for Harris is to defend her policies. President Trump can win this election because policies are good for America, Okay, And if you have a policy debate for president, he wins. Donald Trump, the provocateur, the show man, may not win this election. And then Britt Hume on Fox also had a similar thing about being like, well, this guy, you know, this guy sucks, right? Is it essentially like the distillation of this.
Speaker 6: Here's another Fox News poll we have out this week. How do you feel about how things are going in the country? Sixty five percent say they're dissatisfied. So Brent, knowing that and knowing in this setup, Trump is the challenger, why is he not doing better.
Speaker 1: Because he's Trump.
Speaker 6: And the show is over britis in the channels.
Speaker 1: You get down to it. The past eight to ten years have been about Donald Trump every Yeah, so anyway, he's just kind of like, I don't know, dude, Gally did everything about him. I don't know, fuck it man.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, he's off accepting some important endorsements over on truth Social Trump just shared an image of an article in quotes about how Swifties are turning to Trump because isis foiled one of Taylor Swift's concerts. Trump responded to, like a picture that's the Swifties turning to Trump after isis foiled Taylor Swift concert? Is that even like how you would say? What happened there? Isis foiled? An ISIS attack was foiled, the nicest attack on anyways.
Speaker 1: It foiled the concert. Yeah, look, dude, get your editor hat off man, and let's talk about and the facttar that Taylor Swift fans are turning out in huge numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I'm sorry, I'm getting word that of the six pictures only one of them was not AI generated six pictures of Trump Swifties for Trump, just one person is actually real photographed the Trump rally with the Swifties for Trump t.
Speaker 1: Shirt felt so homemade to that shirt was like, man, I don't even I can't even get this thing printed, right, I'm just gonna homebrew my own Swifties for Trump shirt. And also I love that he reposts a thing that has the label of Satire.
Speaker 2: Said satire on it, which Satire is obviously dead, has.
Speaker 3: Been for a little while now.
Speaker 2: But that's that's wild that he the same account that posted this article that he retweeted as an official endorsement. I accept that account has a header image depicting Ai Trump hanging out with a stormtrooper in an aquarium.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we love it, folks.
Speaker 2: I remember that meeting. Actually, yeah, we talked about some important things. He said he was a big fan of me that I made out with Kamala. I think I think he's probably at tea point.
Speaker 1: One. Was a great man, great man. But later you remember he was stolen Ballord by Luke Skywalker as he was trying to rescue That's right. I like that. You have to call numbers down. My oldest son would approve. Yeah, yeah, look man, it's it's in there too. It's in there. But yeah, this is just so the Swiftiest thing is wild because there is a Swiftiest for Kamala account that's already doing like huge numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean there and I think there's probably a handful of you know, there are probably people who support Trump and Taylor Swift like that's not out of the ordinary, the fact that he is fooled by computer generated images and like and then they like doubled down on it, so he clearly like was told it was bullshit and had told his account, told his campaign like that, I don't care, it's truth, like just to tell people because they claimed Swifties for Trump is a massive movement that grows bigger every single day when people are like, hey, does he know this is ai Yes, Stephen Shong, It's.
Speaker 1: Fine, Fine, it's fine, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. I mean, all this is going to do is potentially for Taylor Swift's hand, because there's another one that was like, like she was dressed as Uncle Sam and just like I want you to vote for Trump, and he's like, I accept like also posted that, like I think you're actually poking the bees nest here if we're being honest here, don't poke the bear.
Speaker 3: I mean, she can't do it on her timeline if this sort of shit keeps happening.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well it's just wild, dude. How much like he's like this, He's just so haunted by all these ghosts. Now, He's like, ah, Taylor Swift his next No, but what if I accept now and I say that she's voting for me right now ahead of time, Yes, that will certainly help. And apparently there's a lot of reporting around now that like he he's like getting so angry at his campaign staff for like all the swings in the polling, because like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin like went from deficits to like slim leads for Kamala very quickly, and like there are like multiple paths now to victory. Uh. And he's very much like I don't know where the fuck, Like, yeah, something's got to change. I don't know what could actually happen, Like I don't know what campaign operatives go in there and figure it out, because it's really just about what Trump is doing. Like that's all this is, Like, it's not really about anything much more than.
Speaker 2: Just literally, Yeah, there's a lot of time like now I'm like, hurry up and fucking get here November because.
Speaker 1: These guys on the ropes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of time left. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I also feel like he always drastically outperforms his polling. Whether that would still be the case posts the overturning of Row remains to be seen. But up to this point in presidential elections, he's always gone in, you know, projected to lose in a lot of the national polls, and then a lot of the national polling and gone onto either you know, having electoral college victory, or like make it really close where we actually have to steal the election from him.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, sorry, I wasn't supposed.
Speaker 1: To, ye yo yo, don't show your hand, because that's the other thing he's just screaming about constantly coups, and he's definitely setting the table for that. I'm going to rage quit, so I'm going to make it all about how they're cheating, so then maybe something else will happen. But yeah, all right, not counting my eggs or chickens or whatever that phrase. Yeah, all right, let's let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, and more bad news for cyber truck owners.
Speaker 2: They've been Yeah, so, like the parts fall off.
Speaker 3: And all that stuff. We've seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah so the parts fall off, like remove.
Speaker 3: Your finger if you get it stuck in the trunk.
Speaker 1: When they form the most basic of off roading capabilities. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: And now there are reports that they are now showing up completely filthy. These one hundred thousand dollars cars when people purchase them are showing up. People go pick up their one hundred thousand dollars purchase and the quote the interior of the windshield was coated in a cloudy, hard to remove film, and there were water streaks and fingerprints visible on the stainless steel exterior. Others have posted photos of unusual white streaks in the truck bed and a hazy coating on the windshield that obstructs the view.
Speaker 1: See oh fuck, yeah. I saw people who are definitely posting about like the mismatched panels on the like tunnel cover that goes towards the back, like they're not all the same shades of black, So like that, what do you guys want? I'm doing my best here, Okay, do you want all the panels to match? Yes? Sorry, you're you're charging me like upwards of one hundred and twenty thousand dollars for some of these to for it to look like dirty shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah what it's disrupting. Okay, we're changing. There's a lot of bullshit built into the car industry, like matching panels where all the different parts of the car match each other, and that you get a clean car that people customers actually don't want. Okay, So if you're going to try to bully me into making the windshields of my car perfectly see through, like busily pick them up, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh oh okay, So you want a car you don't. You want a car where the steering wheel just doesn't pop.
Speaker 3: Up fly out the window while you're driving?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah? Okamn, Okay, I see you, elitist, wow wow wow. But yeah, it's the every video I see like of the it's the misery is just pounding. And also so many people are just like as also Elon becomes more and more insufferable, Like I see posts who are like I'm getting like a lot of middle fingers from people when I'm driving the cyber truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bad Like I can't think of a worse look like just anything I see one, I'm just like, ugh.
Speaker 1: I would sooner drive an automobile version of a JD Vance jiz cup. What a cyber truck.
Speaker 3: That would actually be tight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people be like, all right, that's kind of weird, but like the cyber truck. Immediately people like, nah, fuck that boothing? What fuck is that? The guys in a like a bucket of Elmer's glue.
Speaker 2: God, they don't look solid like they look kind of I don't know, I've seen I've seen so many of them with like fucked up panels and like missing like pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just like that. The thing just looks like it's like ready begging to fall apart.
Speaker 1: There's just I just don't there's just something about those cars that's real, real scared, Like I just kneel. Like you see so many videos to where like the autopilot like starts doing its own thing, like man, no, no, no, no, no, this is where we've peaked. I think we've gone too far with auto automotive technology to the moon guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah right, just like the president just needs to give everybody a cool science project.
Speaker 3: That's hard. So we can just focus on that and stop trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lot of truck people covet the like Toyota High looks as sort of like one of the most indestructible trucks, like just put through absolute hell, Like there's just no amount of abuse like that. It can't withstand. And I'd really be curious to see like a side by side of how people use those cars, because I've seen videos of people just slamming the cyber truck door and like, h broke it because I slammed the door like an angry teenager would. Yeah, like truly and like the interior paneling gets caught on the doorframe, but just pivot off the back of the cybertruck failures. Forbes, it did a little bit of quick mass back of the Napkin addition here just to kind of give us an idea of just how bad the Twitter advertiser exodus has been. Since all the advertisers had to go fuck yourselves to leave Twitter, I said X booked one hundred and fourteen million dollars worth of revenue in the US, its largest market by far. This represented a twenty five percent drop over the preceding three months and a fifty three percent drop over the year ago period. That already sounds bad, but it gets worse. The last publicly available figures prior to Musk's acquisition from Q two of twenty twenty two had revenue at six hundred and sixty one million dollars. After you tr inslation, revenue has actually collapsed by eighty four percent in today's dollars. Ooh, that's a lot. Yeah, that's not good. Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That would be seen as like a disastrous fireable offense if any if you.
Speaker 1: Were publicly traded. Yeah. Yeah, but it ain't. So so we're good. I think. Yeah, I think a lot of the ire is coming from Tesla stockholders. But hey, here they are doing great. They Hey, they went and fucked themselves. So now what you got? Yeah, well he actually has He actually has those advertisers right where.
Speaker 3: He wants them. So yeah, they just don't know it yet. I want to give a quick rip to Phil Donahue.
Speaker 2: Who pass away at the age of eighty eight. His talk show basically set the template for daytime talk shows. He actually started locally in Dayton, Ohio, to Dayton with two cameras and they could only afford to fly in two guests a week, and so he basically had to start finding crazy stories and like issues to debate and so like he his show filmed an abortion on camera, which outraged the right because they were like this makes it look easy and like not that big a deal.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But one thing I didn't realize he was in two thousand and three, he was fired from MSNBC purely because he opposed the invasion of Iraq. That like, internal memos eventually showed that they were just like nah, fuck.
Speaker 1: That, okay you you didn't know that.
Speaker 2: He also had like on air, yeah I think so, yeah, he was saying he opposed it on air, and he his explanation, they were terrified of the anti war voice. And that is not an overstatement. Anti war voices were not popular and if your general electric, you certainly don't want an anti war voice on a cable channel that you own. Donald Rumsfeld is your biggest customer. So wow, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's uh yeah wow. I actually wasn't NBC really great, uh really great track record?
Speaker 7: When people have anything that goes against like American imperialism, like oh, Phil Donahue ship cannon, like can this motherfucker. The Muslim anchors that we have who are outraged by what's happening in Gaza.
Speaker 1: Why don't we just why don't we suspend them for talking too spicy on her? I mean, like that's why Meddie Hassan left, like he was getting demoted and he's like, no, fuck, I'm out of here. Yeah anyway, cool, cool, all right, all right, Phil Donahue, little little tidbit I did not know about, so.
Speaker 3: R I P.
Speaker 2: Also shout out to Hawktua Girl for throwing out the first pitch I have.
Speaker 3: This is the third.
Speaker 2: You know, we talked about her mishearing the New York Oh yeah, Concrete.
Speaker 1: Jungle Dream to mydo. Yeah yeah, is that what Bill Maher's podcast ship? Right? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, I mean, she's just like everywhere for a little while. And another place that she was was throwing out the first pitch at the Mets game last week, and the pitch went fine, but there was a massive backlash from like conservative baseball fans who thought her pitch tarnished a sport that is basically eighty percent guys scratching their balls and spitting tobacco juice on the ground, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Scratching your balls in new ways you've never seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean and spitting, which is like her whole thing. So I don't know why, yeah, what their problem is. I guess people were like, it's camp day, so like presumably every camp counselor had to have an awkward conversation about what Hawktua means.
Speaker 3: But like, it's very easy.
Speaker 2: I had this conversation because it came up, like because it's all I talk about in front of my kids, and they were like.
Speaker 3: Video, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The sound that someone makes when they spit, Like you don't, Yeah, you need to say that they're spitting on a dick.
Speaker 1: So on the day that the ballpark is being just a bunch of kids are descending on the city or whatever. Yeah, yeah, can't day they get the fuck to a low job joke like.
Speaker 2: She is in she she's had had to be on like five shows the next day. So when you can get the howk to a girl, you have her come throughout the first pitch. You know, her availability is is kind of crazy these days. But uh, you know, we we talked before about the Grimace streak that grimouce the first pitch at a Mets game last season, and somehow the Mets like took off after that and you know, had an amazing, miraculous victory that game and like won a bunch of games in a row. Baseball is a very stupid sport where like that sort of thing can happen, like where like just a weird Yeah, there's just like they're the most superstitious and like the superstitious stuff actually like has an effect because it is just very mental and like a very weird sport. And so yeah, Grimace, it took off, howk to a girls pitch that game the Mets blue a five run lead to the A's and a lot of people are claiming that she has cursed the team some kind of reverse grimace.
Speaker 1: If you will, I will, which.
Speaker 2: By the way, that would have been if they if I had been interviewed and they asked me for my sexual maneuver that drives them wild, I would have told them about the reverse grimace, which is my sexual maneuver that I won't be describing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to even describe a reverse grimace. I don't even know what it is, I think, but that is there is something powerful to that. I wonder where her career would be if she said, oh, yeah, my move reverse grimace, reverse grimace, and then people have been like, oyo, is it leave something to the theater of the mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, well, we'll continue to have at least one update a day on what's going on with the Hawk to a girl as she continues her rise to the presidency.
Speaker 3: Eventually, yes, she's.
Speaker 1: Speaking at the DNC. I think right after Hillary, or she's introducing Hillary.
Speaker 3: That would be amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: By a Factor at COF