Speaker 1: And now Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks was everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm Bucky Brooks and I am with Lance Zeeln and we are going take to Move.
Speaker 3: The six podcasts today and today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go through each division and we're gonna talk about which teams are best position threatned the division winner based on the move that they made via the draft, free ac and all the things that they've done.
Speaker 3: Over the course of the off season. But before we get to d Lance, how you doing, my man.
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm catching up a little bit. The wife is out of town. She ran the London Marathon and you, as you know, we talked about it. And so now me and my two boys, we went to the playoff game yesterday and saw the Rockets beat the Warriors. Got to talk to Keem Olajuan for a little bit.
Speaker 4: So life is good. We just have to clean up this house before the wife gets home.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, get to it. Hurry up and get to it because no one wants to deal with the rest.
Speaker 4: We can do.
Speaker 1: Everything, we can make it perfect and she's gonna find flaws with and so I already know.
Speaker 3: You already know.
Speaker 2: But a good thing is you're sitting on a dub fresh off the rocket is getting that impressive win against the Warriors. And there are a couple of teams in the draft that got does based on what they did over the course of the off season.
Speaker 3: So let's kind of talk about that.
Speaker 2: Last year the AFC East, the Buffalo Bills have been the team that really reigned supreme over that division. When you look at the Jets, the Dolphins, the Patriots. Of those three teams, who is the biggest threat to knock off the Buffalo Bills?
Speaker 1: You know the easy pick is going to be to say the Dolphins. But when I look at what they like, I don't know that the Dolphins did a lot to make themselves better right now, So let me.
Speaker 4: Say the Jets.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make a surprise pick, and I'm going to say if Justin if they get the best out of Justin Fields, I think the Jets probably know who Justin Fields is.
Speaker 4: Better than the Bears did.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to be more in line with running a type of offense that's best for Justin Fields, probably more run heavy, honestly, And they got guys like Mason Taylor Azeri Thomas the press corner out of Florida State. They got Malaki Moore, who I know they think he's got a chance to start right away. And of course Arman Membu, who I think steps in at right tackle. So I actually think, you know, they already had talent. To me, Bucky, they had talent on the defensive side. Anyway, they had some pieces in place. Maybe the Justin Fields moves along with this draft which has some help now players. Maybe it's the Jets over the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny you talk about the Jets and what they've done, and you're right. I believe ag Aaron Glenn knows exactly how to utilize Justin Fields because Fields was a thorn in his side when he was a defensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions. I am hoping that he finds a way to unlock the former first round because.
Speaker 3: He's a supreme, supremely talented.
Speaker 2: We just haven't seen him kind of play at his best because I'll be honest, I don't know if anyone is fully believed and really built an offense around who he is and what he brings to the table. So I like the Jets as a pick for that, but I'm gonna go with the Patriots. And the reason I'm going with the Patriots is because the Mike Rabel factor. I just know the years that I've been in that division watching make Rabel take these underdog teams, these underman teams with the Tennessee Titans and completely muck up the game and find ways to win games. He to me, now has a I would say, like a more talented team that he's taken over. You talk about having a quarterback in place in Drake May and immediately surrounding him with Will Campbell, bringing in Trevon Henderson, Kyle Williams. Look, they have upgraded the personnel around him, and then you add a Stefan Diggs, all the moves that they made over the course of the offseason to bring veterans in to help that offense and defense. To me, man the Giants, I mean not the Giants, the Patriots keeping giant in that division because we've seen Mike Rable do this. I think he has enough fire prower to kind of find a way to bring the Buffalo Bills back to them, closer to them, and that gives them a chance to kind of win the division just based on what they've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree that they you know, I guess for me it was a matter of have they done enough? Like do they have enough? There's Drake may ready. In terms of improvement, I would one hundred percent agree with you. I mean, they're much improved. They had a good draft. I like what they did at head coach, and there's no doubt that I think they're ready to take a step. The question is can you take a big enough step? I think realistically it's going to be hard to catch the Bills. If we're being realistic from the standpoint of one through ten, I think it's a three. We can assess that with some of the other teams, like you know in the AFC North, for example, Bucky, you have the Bengals who had Shamar Stewart early, Demetrius Knight, who can help them right away at linebacker.
Speaker 4: You had the Browns. We know what the Browns.
Speaker 1: Did, they had a very productive draft, but there's questions about their quarterback position and how that's going to pan out. How did you see the Ravens are the team to catch the Bengals, the Browns, and the Steelers. How do you see it, who's got the best shot of catching them?
Speaker 2: You know it's funny, man, because when I look at the Bengals and all the things that they've done, Like I mean, people have been unimpressed with their moves. But in my mind, I'm saying that the Bengals are going to use their offense to be their best defense, and so the moves that they've made to help themselves on defense, like bringing Shamar Stewart over.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a huge boom or bus pick in my estimation.
Speaker 2: But if he pops and really explodes and becomes the pass rusher that many of us think that he could become based on his tools, man, he could be a dominant player for them. You think about petting him opposite of Trey Henderson.
Speaker 3: You gotta like that.
Speaker 2: But then I'll say this team doubling down at linebacker Demetrius Knight from South Carolina and Barrick Carter from Clemson. Barry Carter has got that people talked about being a second round pick at one point. You now have two young linebackers that can kind of find ways to get on the field, and then you kind of back that up with the running back that no one is talking about in Todds Brooks watching him at the East West Rine all week. I mean, this dude has stop start quickness, first, compact, thick frame. The Bengals to me are the team that can close ground, not necessarily because of what these guys are going to give them immediately, but because their offense is so good that these young guys playing under l Golden should be able to kind of make enough plays to help this defense get back on track.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think that you know, you have to look at this in totality. The question is who can catch, you know, as the best chance of catching him after the draft.
Speaker 4: And I think the.
Speaker 1: Steelers really help himself with Derek Harmon, Jack Sawyer, Caleb Johnson, I think they all fit. Yeah, y'all Black, I think it's a good fit in the fifth round for what they're trying to do. They really upgraded their defensive line or certainly refreshed it. But you know, I don't know what they're doing a quarterback over there.
Speaker 4: And until Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 1: I have to say the Bengals because as you mentioned, I love Demetrius and I I love what they did, but what they already have in place, I think is dangerous enough.
Speaker 4: So I'm with you. I'm gonna go Bengals on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I know you're in age town. You're putting it down. The Texans are the reigning champs. C. J. Stroud and Company looked really, really good, but they did a really good job with their drafts. So this team is well positioned to win another division title. But when you look around the rest of the division, who's closed ground.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to say the Colts. It's tough because I think the Titans are still pretty far away. You know, I like some things Jaguars did, and you may end up talking about that. I don't know, But I look at the Colts and the Colts have a lot of pieces on offense and on defense. The problem the Colts have is we don't know what's going to happen with their quarterback. Well, to that end, you gave Anthony Richardson or or Jones Jones, you gave him Tyler Warren, and you know you've got if you take a look at that team, you know you've got You've got Pittman and Pierce, and you got Josh Downs, you got Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 4: You got a lot over there a d Mitchell. We'll see what he does in year two.
Speaker 1: Now you added a ready made tight end who can play right now, help your run blocking, help your pass catching, so you know, and then you add J T T.
Speaker 4: Tomlua Mulua. Okay, I need Mike to pronounce that point.
Speaker 3: I like that. You need Mike gam to come up in come.
Speaker 1: I need JT j T T J T T. I think those two guys and we can talk about the rest of it. Justin Wallly, I think helps for sure in the secondary. They need to help DJ Giddings. I think steps right into a backup running back role. But I think the Colts already had a lot of pieces. It's just that quarterback spot. It's just a really huge question mark. But I'm not sure that the Jags and Titans can make up enough ground on the Texans. Even after the draft. It may be two years before we're answering that question with those two teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny because I am going to talk about the Jags because they're so excited about the guys that they brought on board. Uh, they talk about the great intangibles that Travis Hunter brings on top of the playmaking and all that stuff. People can talk about him in Nausham in terms of how he is a thermostat guy, changes the temperature of the room when he walks in.
Speaker 3: They love that.
Speaker 2: But it's Caleb Ranshaw that they've talked about in the secondary that helps them. Plays opposite Tyson Campbell potentially could be a really good fit, but hey, I'm gonna give you a guy to watch in terms of being maybe a surprise starter, Wyatt Millim from West Virginia. They think that he has a chance to come in there and jump right into the starting lineup if he takes care of business in camp They love his scrappiness, his toughness, and for an offensive line that they're trying to change the way that they go about doing business. They think Molam is like the dirt back that they need to kind of get them to another level. And then finally, you fantasy guys keep an eye on butshall to There are a lot of people that are excited about what he could be in this offense. People will initially pegging him as a number three running back, but he might be the workhorse guy by the time it's all said and done. Coming from Virginia Tech where you saw the explosive plays. They got some stuff going and so he certainly helps that. And we've seen the Rams for years win with these lower ranked these lower round picks find ways to get those guys on the field. That's why I'm saying, Jayla McLeod right lane, six round picks, don't be surprised when you hear the name called early and often for the Jacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I like it. I think the Jags really helped themselves with drafts. I thought that had a good draft that they may I mean.
Speaker 1: They took a big swing with Travis Huntery And what did you think of What did you think of Gladstone's comments after the draft where he said this draft he basically said what we did there is what is how we're going to operate. No fear is basically what he said when he talked about trading from five to two, that they're going to swing their sword and they're not going to play scared.
Speaker 4: What did you think of that?
Speaker 1: Because that was a that's an expensive move up for a guy who's less than one hundred and ninety pounds play corner and wide receiver. There's some people that looked at that kind of sideways, but I thought he had an interesting answer.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, very interesting, but you know what he is like said it the knee of less need for all those years in the Rams. Remember Lefskni is the one that coined the phrase ft and picks, and there is some truth to that because when they said f and picks and they made the trade, it helped their team win a Super Bowl. And so Gladstone is certainly trying to follow suit, not only in being bold but the moves, but bringing in guys who did everything in the process. Land something that was big with him was guys that participated in the Bowl Game and played in the Bowl Game, meaning the all Games. Everyone has an opportunity to opt out, but they want guys that opt in. We will see if those kind of worker bee players can kind of change the culture in the locker room. Let's go to the AFC West. Everyone talks about the Kan City Chiefs. We thought they were about to win another title. They get knocked off, but the kan City Chiefs still at the top of the division. What do you think about the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the ribbles?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the Cans that he Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I mean to me, the Chiefs are gonna they're the team to beat, obviously, but when you look at when you look at the teams in terms of who are going to chase them down, I think the Broncos added a good pick in Jday Baron. He fits the third corner mold of what they needed. But I'm looking at the Chargers and I don't know how you can answer anybody but the Chargers. You added a workhorse, power thread and Omarion Hampton. You grab Trey Harris, who I think can step in to get an immediately challenge Quinton Johnson and challenge of Mike Williams for snaps. Jamari Caldwell is a very active third round defensive lineman who I think is gonna, you know, is going to be able to create some disruption as a rotational defensive lineman. You know, the rest of their draft I think is just okay. But those top three, those those top eighty six picks, they.
Speaker 4: Help right away.
Speaker 1: And it's not like, I know, the last game of the year against Texans was a bad one, but it's not like the Chargers are very far away and this is only year two. You know, of the hardball way. So I think that they've got Bucky. I really think of all the divisions we'll talk about, the Chargers have the best chance to catch a division champ, the leader the Chiefs have to prove to me. And I like what the Chiefs did in the draft, but I still think, you know, I'm not sure that Chiefs are are not maybe vulnerable finally for you know, to be overtaken. I'm seeing it with my Houston Astros and baseball. You can have a long run, but eventually guys get older, Guys leave, You start leaving, losing, losing pieces, you start getting older, and a young upstart will come up. And I think that's the Chargers this year. I think they got a great chance to knock out the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you right there, and I'm gonna tell you, Man, seeing the visual of Amario Hampton shaking hands with the coaches, including Jim Harbaugh, I knew he was big because when guys are listed at six two twenty one, man, he looks like a superhero when he's there shaking hands with all of the coaches in front office people. So I'm really impressed with what he can do, and I think he and Najia Hair gonna be a nice tandem. I would expect Campton to be the lead dog now J Harris to kind of be the compliment. But two big backs shit certainly helped him and they found a way initially to keep JK.
Speaker 3: Dollins.
Speaker 2: Will see if he stays in the pole. Trey Harris the vertical threat that they've needed. Lab McConkey is everything, but more horizontal plays than vertical plays. And then you get someone that can truly stress the top out the defense man that makes so it's such a big difference for how they want to play with Herbert. And then the last guy that I'll say that I'm really in two guys in the treat Bony Calcinard from South Carolina. When you watch his tape, man, he is all over the place, just a relentless sucker. And then the guy that you said that you didn't understand why people are sleeping on him. R. J. Mickens from Clemson, son of Ray Mickens, goes there in the sixth round. We just know how he's gonna come in.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: He is a guy who is rock solid and everything that he does, he just does it right all the time. It's not flashy, no fanfare, but he makes a lot of plays. I think he has a chance. I think he has a perfect opportunity to kind of make his name known in the charge the secondary.
Speaker 1: This could really end up being a memorable draft for the Chargers when people look back at this, because I think Mickens is way better than a six round pick. I think Branson Taylor, if he stays healthy, you tackle the guard transition in the sixth round they got from Pitt. You know, he's got some injury issues, he's got some durability issues, but he is a body mover and so if you can keep him healthy, I think he fits what Jim Harbaugh wants to do.
Speaker 4: For sure, we swing it to the NFC.
Speaker 3: Before we go, Yeah, to the NFC.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, and when we come back, we'll talk about all of the things going on on the NFC on the other side.
Speaker 3: All right, that's what we're back. And you're excited.
Speaker 2: Man. You want to get to the NFC. You must have some stuff that you want to brew on. Which division do you want to go first? You want to go east to west? What you say, let's go Let's go east. So because you're sitting there with the Eagles. How are we going to knock off the Eagles? Who's going to knock off the Eagles?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: The Giants are a long way. You got the Cowboys, You got the Commanders. When I look at this, I don't see a lot of immediate help for the Commanders. I think they've got some guys that may need a little bit of time. You look at the Cowboys, they had nine picks. They picked up a pass rusher and easy Iraku from Boston College. They got a powerful guard with an attitude to step in for Zach Martin. They got Savon Ravel, who is going to be and I think an immediate cornerback. Three Over there in Dallas, you got Jayden Blue, who can come out of the backfield. I think it's got to be the Cowboys. And I understand the issues the Cowboys have, but let's not act like the Cowboys don't have some pieces. The Cowboys have pieces, and I think when you look at the draft, they had a pretty they had a fairly impactful draft. They've got some guys they added that I think either fit holes or have some impact potential, including Jade and Blue from Texas.
Speaker 4: Who they got in the fifth round.
Speaker 2: Look, man, the Cowboys has kind of done it in a different way in terms of like kind of old school principles, right Like we've kind of grown a customed to seeing this team kind of do it with flash and phezazz, and they kind of took a meat and potatoes approach to the guys that they got.
Speaker 3: I love what they were able to do.
Speaker 2: First pick, like Booker, gives them an identity, gives them an attitude, gives them the physicality that they need.
Speaker 3: And then look man.
Speaker 2: Desiroku coming off the edge, and I just had these visions of him playing two man games with Michael.
Speaker 3: Parson's really good picks for this team and where they are. But I'm going to the New York Giants. And the reason I'm going with the Giants.
Speaker 2: Everyone's gonna talk about the quarterback, and we can get to the quarterback, but when I look at what they're doing on defense first bringing in Abdul Carter, another pass rusher that can come off the edge but can play linebacker for them. So now you have Kavon Thibadeau, Brian Burns, you have Dexter Lawrence, you have Abdul Carter, in the starting lineup man, that is a lot to deal with in one on one blocking situations. You add another defensive tackle and Darius Alexander to put alongside dex to Lawrence, two big men who had nibbled Dancing Bears heavy handed.
Speaker 3: They love the violence.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that hevn kind of watched them get down. This team is pretty good in terms of like their defense and then finding the quarterback that they believe is the guy that can take them to the next level. These guys played in Buffalo with Josh Allen. They love what Josh Allen was able to do, not only on the field, but the intangibles that he added to the locker room. And Jackson Dark they believe they're getting someone similar and we will see if their games are similar and translate. But they will give Jackson are every opportunity to play like he played at Old Miss And so if everyone can get on board, maybe this team can not only get up off the map, but maybe they can be a viable playoff contender this season.
Speaker 4: AFC North I'm looking at I mean NFC North. You know the Lions are the.
Speaker 1: Lions or the defending champs. They lost both of their both their coordinators. Their draft I think was kind of average, was very average. They really addressed the trenches quite a bit, but I'm not sure it's going to be There's a lot of impact in there right off the bat. And you know, the division was kind of up for grabs last year with the Packers at one point, Packers and Vikings, but they fell off and the Lion, you know, stayed steady. This may surprise some people a little bit, but I'm gonna go with Chicago Bears.
Speaker 4: I like what the Packers did.
Speaker 1: I like what the Vikings did, but the Bears added Colston Loveland and Luther Burden and Ozzie Trapillo. I think Trapillo will probably start off as a swing tackle, but may have a chance. You know, Chicago's gonna have to see if he can play left tackle. If he can play left tackle, that gets interesting in the battle over there on the left side. But I think Shamar Turner in the second round, Luther Burden in the second round, and Colston Loveland in the first round immediate helps to that team. They've got some rush already, they got some dudes in the secondary. They they upgraded their offensive line and Caleb Williams is in year two and they got the most creative play call in all the football who's now the head coach. I think the Bears are in a worse the first potential scenario in the NFC North. I think they got that shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, Man, I'm gonna go to the Green Bay Packs and then look, gopak go is ringing in my ears, maybe because the draft was on location, but I'm looking at them, and they take Matthew Golden and then come back and take save On Williams from TCU and Golden, you get a polished receiver who can be a hybrid wide receiver one or wide receiver two that you can put out there and he is going to make plays as a route runner and playmaker. And Savian Williams you just got to get the ball and get out the way type player.
Speaker 3: Some wild say maybe is Kodero Patterson.
Speaker 2: Maybe he can give you something that is different than being your normal traditional receiver and watching him execute the wildcat for the horn Frogs and watching him touch the ball a bunch of different ways and kind of figure it out. Man, there has to be a role that he can play. And I'm willing the bank that Matt Leffleuy is gonna figure out a way to use a six four to two d and twenty two pounds that can do it in a variety of ways. And then the last one that will kind of stand out to me is man big Boy from Texas Baron Surreal being able to kind of come and add to what they already had, which is a collection of playmakers on the edges. He is going to be a guy that's given an opportunity to develop, but man if it works for him. And also Colin Oliver from Oklahoma State. Remember, man, this dude had a lot of production at one point throughout his career. I just know that when the packers kind of invest in these guys, they're looking at guys who are productive and they're gonna give them every opportunity first to earn them on special teams and then to make plays as part of the rotation.
Speaker 4: I'll let you go first.
Speaker 1: In the NFC South, the raging champs are the Tampa Bay Bucks. Can anyone catch it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone called him, because man, I just love what they were able to do on the draft. But we'll go and let's talk about the new Orleans Saints and what they were to do. And look, it's risky in a way in terms of what they did first, Calvin Banks taking him at nine, first round, ninth. Overall, there are a lot of people that were talking about him late kind of being in the process as a top ten player. But for them to take him and say, hey, we got a true left tackle, a guy that can play and go right away. When you look at the tape, obviously you see the talent and those things. You just don't see the consistent dominance or violence that maybe.
Speaker 3: You want to see.
Speaker 2: But there's no doubt that he is a really, really good player. But look, I think this draft hinges on what Tyler Shutt is able to do as a quarterback. Second round pick, seven year guy Oregon, Texas Tech Louisville, showed up in Louisville and showed out has talent when you see him walking around, he's the prototype interviewed will all those things. The big thing that makes him the X factor is can he play to his potential. If he plays to his potential, the New Orleans Saints are right up there and they're going to be marching in. But if not, man, they're gonna be back in the world looking for another quarterback in the next couple years. So a lot of their success hinges on Tyler shit being able to play early and being able to play well in a league that typically east up quarterbacks and throws them out.
Speaker 1: Because of what you just said, that's why I can't go with the Saints. I gotta go with the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We know the Falcons have Jon Robinson, dynamic, dynamic tight running back, Kyle Pitts. I don't even know what Kyle Pitts is right now. I mean, we keep waiting for cal Pits. So I can't just sit here and say Kyle Pitts. But well, I mean in theory, Kyle Pitts. Uh, they got some wide receivers, they've got some decent offensive linemen, they needed help on defense, And to me, you got Jalen Walker and James Pierce, who are two of the most high impact rushers from the SEC that you're gonna find. And then on top of that, you got two ballhawks, Xavier Watson Billy Bowman. I get the Xavier Watson has average speed, Billy Bowman's undersize, but these dudes are straight ballhawks. Tremendous instincts, the ability to flip the field. I just think when you look at the first four picks and you say Walker, Pierce, Wattson Bowman, all four of those guys can have an impact in their rookie year. Now we go to quarterback. Is this draft going to be what turns it? No, it's gonna be Michael Pennicks playing well. So obviously a lot rests on Michael Pennix. But you know, it feels like the NFC South is always a little bit tenuous. You're always an injury away from a team just completely tumbling. I think the Falcons are a team who really helped themselves in the draft, and I think by from the spirit of just who helped themselves the most from the draft that can beat the Tampa Bay Bucks. I would say it's definitely the Falcons because I you know, I do have some faith that Michael Pennis can be good enough.
Speaker 4: When you have a running back like Bjon Robinson.
Speaker 3: Look, he certainly can be good enough.
Speaker 2: We'll see if they finally can get it together, because this is a team that will always talk about man the greatest that never was.
Speaker 3: If they're not able to get it together, let's go to the West.
Speaker 2: Everyone understands what the Rams are and how they have really been able to surprise people kind of, I guess.
Speaker 3: Orchestrate their own takeover. But who do you like?
Speaker 2: Cardinals, Seahawks, forty nine ers? Which teams do you believe have really closed the gaps on the Rams?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: It's really tough.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna you kind of have to use what's already on the roster. I like the draft the Seattle Seahawks had, but I don't know that I'm ready to. You know, you got brand new wide receivers over there, including Cooper cup Who's who's an older player. We don't know what he has left. I don't know that the Cardinals. The Cardinals had some high ceiling, low floor picks in their first three, so I got to go forty nine ers. I think by default you've got pieces that have already been in place. You really address the defensive front. Nick Martin is a tremendous athlete with some rush, and he with the third pick, the second pick out for Collins. I think if they get his weight under control, he looks like a forty nine er defensive lineman, as does mikel Williams who can play outside as a stand up rusher. So you know you got you got a very very competitive slot corner and up in stout with the one hundred pick of the draft, which most slots his size do not get drafted. There, that should tell you what the forty nine ers think of him. To draft a five foot nine slot corner with you know who weighs less than one hundred and ninety pounds, to draft him at one hundred, they like him a lot. And then you know, I think Jordan James the running back in the fifth round and Marcus Siegel the safety in the fifth round, don't sleep on these guys. Siegull has really incredible explosiveness and speed. But you know, Jordan James running back from Morgan. All they do is find running backs just to come up and have big Jordan Mason we saw with him a couple of years ago. Now we got Jordan James Morgan, who's a one cutback who I think can step in and have an immediate impact as the second running back over there with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go forty nine ers. They already have pieces in place.
Speaker 1: I like what they did with the draft, they really attack their defense with the first one hundred picks. Frankly the first one hundred and thirteen picks because CJ. West was in the fourth round. So I'm going to the forty nine ers in that division.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I can't knock the Wholsome I did the forty nine ers and what they've been able to do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to Arizona Cardinals. And the only reason I'm going to Aaron Zone Corners.
Speaker 2: I think Minic Austin Ford and Jonathan Gannon are really cooking with gas when it comes to rebuilding this team. They have a clear plan for what they want to do. I like what Walter Nolan provides them as an interior disruptive playmaker, someone who has the ability to really get into cracks and make things happen as a run defender and pass rusher. Love that, And then I love the fact that they just kept shopping in the big ten. I mean, we just rattled off Will Johnson come and giving them a nice corner.
Speaker 3: On the other side of.
Speaker 2: The guy who was really viewed as a top fifteen player but now he lands in the second round, Jordan Birch energize the Bunny coming off the edge. Oregon gives them something, Cody Simon, who is a seaball kitball defender, all those things, and then I would say, kind of finish it off with a guy like Denzel Burke, someone that can kind of play multiple spots in the back end in terms of that subpack his defender. I love him, man. I just think it is solid. They know exactly who they are. They're leaning into what I would call a smart, tough football player as they're trying to change the dynamics of the locker room. I think Austin Ford and Gannon have really knocked it out the part. This is a really solid draft in my opinion in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I do like you know, like I said, high ceiling, low floor, but the ceiling is really high for the three guys when they took in the first three picks. So and I did not think Gannon, I'll admit it, you don't. You don't judge the book by the cover. I think people did that with Dan Campbell at the introductory and everyone saw the you know, the the Jonathan Gannon, the kind of the weird little thing that he was doing with Luda Baker and everyone thought, Oh my god, he's way over his head.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That team has played played hard. Gannon's done a great job over there.
Speaker 3: He really has lance.
Speaker 2: He's one of the things that I've really been surprised in turn of like how they've been able to kind of get down and what they've been able to do. Because I'm honest with you, man, I didn't see it like that. I didn't think that he would have like that kind of impact on them. But man, he's been He's been terrific. Man, He's been really good for them. He's kind of figured out a way to like make it happen. So I'm gonna give him as props. I mean, I did not see him being a guy that I'm eventually thinking it can be like a high level coach, a coach that we revere and really celebrate. But he's done a really good job and this team is positioned to challenge the teams at the top of the division.
Speaker 4: I would agree with you, well, that's a rap coach.
Speaker 2: That's a rap the rap last we went through, we went through it so quickly. I appreciate you stepping in for DJ. Look, I got to say this personally, I appreciate all the hard work that you did throughout the process doing the stuff that we did over the course of the weekend, covering every pick, all two hundred and fifty seven of the picks. You've been able to drop nuggets on all of them because you did four hundred and fifty profile for NFL dot com.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: You should be applauded and celebrated. And so hopefully when the old lady gets back from the stuff, should take you out to dinner and make sure she appreciates you.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: I mean, it seems like no one appreciates it, appreciates me in this house. I mean, I got to wait for my daughter to get back for somebody to show me some love my dog.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: And Bucky bro I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But that's right, that's right, that's right. Well until next time, how Bucky Brook? That was landsay. This is move to sticks. Make sure you check us out next week. When we dropped a couple more new thoughts,