Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 2: So we're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 3: What's up, y'all?
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning in for a new episode if We Talked Back, the show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers. This is your co host, AJ Holiday. What's up tam Bam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hell, let's be tam Vam. I love y'all. What's up? AJ?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: We up? We wake you woke?
Speaker 3: Amen? Amen?
Speaker 1: Thank you god?
Speaker 3: Okay, period, how was your weekend?
Speaker 1: It was eventful. I was hanging out with Tam Bam this weekend. Child. We uh, we did some much needing, catching up on visuals. I want y'all to know how expensive it is, Okay. I see the comments on YouTube saying we want to see y'all go price some of this ship. Go see how much or send us some money exactly out your fucking pocket. Yeah, it's expensive, but anyway, we got it done and we'll try to produce more visuals going forward for y'all. Okay, so y'all can see us, We'll just be running out of fucking clothes and shit.
Speaker 3: I'm about to start recirculating some of that shit. I ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: I just betch I order a Budet shit out fashion Over, and it'd be throwaway clothes. So it just be like I hate burn clothes to throw away, though, Like I just like even quality to where I can just re wear it. Sometimes I put cotton right into on fashion Over so I can get one hundred percent. Because most of that shit is polyester. It's gonna come apart, so I try. Anyway, did you order that body that body dress I sent you?
Speaker 3: You didn't send me the link?
Speaker 1: It's back up to twenty nine ninety nine on Amazon. I'm like, god, damn, I meant to order two more. Yeah, it was cute and a couple of different colors. Now and the price don't went up. Price don't want today's price is not today's What else we did this weekend? Tam, We recorded, We got We went to dinner and got drunk. Okay, I didn't get drunk, y'all. I don't be drinking like that no more.
Speaker 3: For real, I was fucked up. I took like six shots of Don Julia.
Speaker 1: Maybe every time I hear people say I'm fasten off liquor for a month, and so I'm like, y'all drink that much to where you just gotta not drink.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't. I don't drink.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm a social drinker. I don't drink at home, right, and I really don't socialize that much.
Speaker 3: So when I do, I do.
Speaker 1: I keep wine at the house, though, but I don't drink it. Like I just been a bottle of wine last night because I just wanted to get freaky, so I drunk a little bit of wine. Is that life, though, Like when you get older and cohabitating and shit like that. Like, I don't know that I can have sex sober, like completely sober. Try tonight now that I think about it. I haven't had like good sober sex in a long time. It's like the weed go with it, the wine go with it, like the dick come with drugs, not the dick come with when's the last time you had sober sex? Like completely? Because you smoke smoke, I only smoke. What I'm going to say, Hey, I don't know what you're talking about. I only smoke when I know I'm about to have sex. Okay, that's the.
Speaker 2: Only time I really wanted to hate.
Speaker 3: I'm a paul that you would say such.
Speaker 1: Unless shrew me. Okay, that's I do that by myself once in a blue when there's nothing to do and the tchi gets too thick for my soulful mind to cut through, he said. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Come on, bro, I don't know that it's j Z feeling it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I typically do the same, but it's not to have sex. It's just I'm already happen to be high and the sex is gonna happen. That's what I'm saying. So when is the last time you actually had intercourse without being under the influence of anything. Well, you know, I've been celibate until Marrow, like around my birthday, so I can't remember anything in twenty twenty three, that's what you're asking.
Speaker 3: It's too far back, so.
Speaker 1: Yo, control all delete period. Let's get it a stupid news, Okay. I wanted to start with this. I saw this on the Daily Mail. Destiny's Child star LaToya Luckett's second ex husband shaved her after she marries for the third time of eight years. So, uh, tamikus, I guess that's how you say his name Walker. He posted to his social media a picture of Tom Brady wearing three Super Bowl rings and he said three and seven years that that dynasty. And he shared this with his one hundred and sixty eight thousand followers to see, and the fans were quick to defend the LaToya Luckett who with t Laya Coles. Yeah, they just got married recently on the twenty seventh of July. And someone said, obviously she's surprised all three of y'all popped the question take the ail my boy period.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel, Corns, Why are you? Why are you hating?
Speaker 1: And obviously he's still single because if you weren't a relationship, like you can post that, your woman wouldn't feel like okay with you posting about your ex being married again. And I mean like maybe she wanted some Mariah Gary shit. If she's gonna pop that pussy Betty for her husband, who knows, But why is that your business? Why are you still bothered? He's not okay with them breaking up. He's still hurt and you're the reason why they broke up. Okay, he was cheating, so yeah, he was cheating and doing all types of wild ship to her. She's a beautiful woman. She looked beautiful for her third wedding, okay than the first in the second. Yes, girl, keep getting married. You're looking better every time. You know what I'm saying, Because we do glow up outside of bad relationships every time. So I don't have a problem with LaToya Lucket marrying five different men, ten different men. How many ever times over do it?
Speaker 3: Write a book for us, because I ain't. I ain't here one proposal, not to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy for her, Like how many ever times you have to do it? Do it? Shit, fuck it. That's what Look, that's what the process is for. That's why divorce is available. It's not working on to the next one. But I do hope that this one works for her though. I hope this one is her for ever partner. So is this the third marriage or the fourth marriage?
Speaker 3: This is the third?
Speaker 1: Like one was young one midlife, kind of middle well not even middle thirties away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirties, and he wasn't acting right and now.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and they look very happy, nice looking couple. I'm happy for them. Oh, Tomacus, whatever your name is, you're a hater boom. So apparently Lo Wayne his his notebook is on sale. His like rap notebook from the nineties is on sale for five million dollars after legal saga which I'm just so confused about this. It says the rapper's old lyric book notebook from the nineties is now officially on the market. The sale comes after a dragged out legal dispute over its ownership, which was finally resolved earlier this year. Initially listed for two and fifty thousand dollars five years ago, the price is now shot up to five million due to the rarity and significance of the notebook. It said that low Wayne is considered to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. You think so making making his handwritten knows extremely valuable. My thing is, how does somebody else own that if he is the author of this book?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like, how are you in the dispute over your ip? Basically?
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I didn't know you have how to copyright notebooks? That you know? Just like I got my little so I gotta copyright my spell book cause one hundred years orm now somebody might get a hold of it.
Speaker 3: Well with that book, your bitch ass might still be.
Speaker 1: Alive, y'all. That's my evil laugh. So Ego is live spell backwards? Okay, but this.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Yeah, that's weird his notebook. How can you be in a legal battle over a note?
Speaker 1: So do you think the baby owns it? Who owns it?
Speaker 3: Right? Maybe? And not the baby? Baby baby? Because you know, because I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: You think baby owns it? Because does Lowayne own himself? Is what I'm thinking?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who owns low Wayne?
Speaker 3: A white girl? Now that's who he?
Speaker 1: Helltle Chunky, he like the white girls?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Like who owns him to where his intellectual property could be up for auction? Like that where he no longer owns it? And who was a dispute? Who's the disputing party like in court? I'd like to know. I guess you'll do a little bit more research into that.
Speaker 3: But and what rich white man gonna buy it?
Speaker 1: Because it's gonna be Drake. Drake is gonna be the rich white man that buys lo Wings. Obviously he's a collector of all things rap, right, so he can show off to all the other rappers that he owns all the rap. Para familiar from overtime Because I just saw another video where he has Cameron's pink jacket and hat.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, so I guess it would be a good idea.
Speaker 1: He has Tupac's ring. I have a problem with this, Like, y'all sit right there, drake a whole fucking warlock. Okay, this niggas doing spells with these people. Shit. Listen, you remember when Kim K got Marilyn Monroe's dress and they gave her a lock of Marilyn Monroau's hair. She's on her show going into her little closet like, oh, what can I do with this? She had a whole altar set up in her closet, a lock of her hair, yes, yes, and the dress so no, I know what the fuck I'd be looking at.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to dress, but the hair is like what you need with.
Speaker 1: Her hair exactly. See when you mentioned hair, people automatically think it's on which shit because that's what the fuck it is. Right. Anyway, how did y'all get a lock of her hair? People don't be owning themselves. They be commodities. They might have took it when she died probably mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: It's scary.
Speaker 1: It's weird. And then you give it to Kim K for what reason.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Cardi. Mmm.
Speaker 1: I love Cardi B. She's pregnant. She's pregnant again. Congratulations to her. She looks beautiful. Yeah, they say her all set. Well, she filed for divorce. They're not saying. They're saying, you know, because it's public record. M and he got some financial battles with RS I think like Texas, and it's like into the tune of a million dollars, which I think they have over a million between the two two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who want to give it up?
Speaker 1: Right? That part? That part, that part I really think. I hope that they're not really splitting up, that they're only legally splitting up so he can transfer his assets to her and not pay that million dollars. That could be it, or she's just tired, she's citing error reconcilable differences with no chance of patching things up. So there wasn't anything in particular name as to the reason why they're getting this divorced. But we've seen it in the tabloids over the years, like that Nigga would be fucking okay, he'd be cheating. It's an ex home, ex girlfriend, ex homegirl, is somebody else pregnant right now? He's saying, ain't his people, But I mean, why is the why do people saying that's your people?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And this is like almost the same day that she revealed that she filed for divorce, she also, you know, showed the world she was pregnant. I knew she was pregnant when they did those pictures last month at Disney World. She looked pregnant. And I mean Cardi always wanted the kids like she won. I remember her being in the breakfast club and she was telling La Mane like, I want to have babes by Tom twenty five, like she was younger then, and she did all the things. She got a career, popping, she had her kids, and maybe they are they are supposed to mate. You know, obviously they got three whole babies out this relationship, so they are mates. That Nigga's fertile as hell, because remember his album was father of father of four. I think, now you're a father of seven in a couple of years, within just a couple of years. And I love those little girls are so sweet, man, They are so precious, beautiful, precious beautiful baby seen them at on disney World. At Disney World with Cardi b I'm like some cute little girls, man, So I don't know, they look like a pretty good family to me, and maybe this is all they were supposed to do together.
Speaker 3: It's just create life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some thing's come to an end, man, And why force the situation that could be like real crazy in fun of children when you guys can probably cohabitate better separately. Yeah, yeah, I hear some kids crying in your background.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm transitioning starting over.
Speaker 1: So I'm at my friend, my best friend's house, and she's the mother of two. So here we are, so listen, We're going to get into a conversation about starting over as soon as we come back from this commercial break, sharing all my bits. All right, y'all, we're back, and this we wanted to talk about starting over, okay, because as adult, you know in your mind where you're young, you think things are going to go a certain way, right, But there are the ebbs and flows of life, and sometimes things just don't work out how you think you're supposed to. So I know me personally, I've started over a lot of times.
Speaker 5: I've started over so many times I'm actually tired. I'm starting over again right now. You know, I'm starting over again right now.
Speaker 1: Hard to reset.
Speaker 2: Hard.
Speaker 5: I'm living out of a suitcase right now. Right now, I'm living at my best friend's house with my god kids, which has been absolutely great.
Speaker 2: I got the bond with him in a real way. But having kids that you're not used to having kids.
Speaker 1: Around, you're a lucome into close and I love them, but God, I'm talking as soon as they wake up in the morning, is agreement having fun? They living kids, lived the best life you. I just seen a post online. You spend the post with this this girl somebody's baby daddy flew her and her son out at the Disney World. But somebody in the comments was like, kids just be doing carkwheels in the middle or anything chaos. I'd be a sacked. The niggas don't know what be going on? Like la la la la. I want to be like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too, I want I want to live my life like that. All right, So let me get back to my starting number. So I just decided I no longer felt Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel like where I needed to be anymore. And then I just.
Speaker 5: Thought about where in the world do I want to go? And I just pretty much end the globe and put my finger down and now I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to La.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of nervous about it because everybody, like anytime I mention it, everybody you know, puts their energy of what they feel about LA onto me.
Speaker 2: So I've been trying to I mean now until the whole world.
Speaker 5: But I wasn't sharing with a lot of people just because of how people were putting their feelings.
Speaker 1: Like, oh LA is expensive, Oh LA is you can you.
Speaker 5: Weren't your jewelry you know, just all kind you got your jewelry out there, like just all kind of things like that. So it made me, really it added to how nervous I was about Meg, Yeah, about making this huge change because it is across the country. It's not like I can just drive to my mama's house if something.
Speaker 2: Goes wrong, you know. So it is nerve wrecking.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited to see this list of tips that you have for us for starting over, because maybe some of these kings they're going to help. Well, maybe it might just some Google shits, Okay, yeah, well sometimes that Google shit. Hell here, I've moved several times, and I've always moved by myself. And I remember when I moved to Saint Louis. When I got to my place, I didn't have none of my stuff because it wasn't coming until the next day. So it's just me and my two dogs, Bell and Honey, sleeping on a blood mattress that my landlord gave me until my stuff got in the next day. And I cried all night long. Why because I drove there all day long. It took me to get to Saint Louis, And I'm like, Yo, what the fuck that I did? Why did you choose Saint Louis. Well, I was the company I was working for at the time. I took a promotion and moved to Saint Woods. Okay, so it was a work yeah, work thing, and I lived there for about four or five years. But every morning I would wake out like, yo, I'm still in prison. I'm still here. That's how I think.
Speaker 5: So so so, was that the only place out of South Carolina that you, like, let's get out.
Speaker 1: Saying here were you lowing? You left Charleston? When was the first you went to Columbia Columbia College? How long I might've been in Columbia.
Speaker 2: B you was in college about two years.
Speaker 1: Got the fuck up. But I remember I was not in college hotel. I was working, and that's the I was chasing fucking money when I should have just been a bum ass college student. Instead I was chasing money.
Speaker 2: Oh, college was so poor. I remember.
Speaker 5: I remember who was sharing like wind these chicken niggas with somebody like the dollar minue.
Speaker 1: You chicken niggas is sharing it. That's how poor dude. Now, I kept a boyfriend in college. I remember when I asked my mom for some money for toilet trees and she was like, I'll see what I can do type shitm So then I just I went to Augusta with my friends that I met in school, and then she popped up in Colombia mad because I wasn't there. I'm like, girl, like, you didn't tell me he was coming. You're coming to give me cash money. So from that point on, I stopped asking people for shit. I just kept the man, so fuck, somebody gonna give it to me if you can't, mama. So you went to Columbia. Then after Columbia, that's when you went to Saint Louis. After Columbia I went to Atlanta running from a nigga. Atlanta wasn't far enough, so I moved to Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: He was running from a nigga.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was like trying to cut tie.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So most of my moves have not been for me, right, They haven't been because I wanted to or because I want to see this place so bad. I really was moving because of relationships, either even either moving from somebody or moving to them.
Speaker 2: Oh girl, me too.
Speaker 1: And that's some bullshit, but not ever they show if you're doing any changes, it's for you.
Speaker 2: I think this is my very first move in my life that did.
Speaker 1: It wasn't with somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, centered around some mother somebody else because I left, all right. I left Columbia after college because I was from Columbia, so I went to school there, and then I moved to Atlanta. Everybody from Columbia moved to Atlanta. Body or Charlotte or Charlene. So moved to Atlanta. Is that all of yours before?
Speaker 1: That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I moved to Atlanta. I lived there. I was I was wilding in Atlanta. Boy, good time, good times.
Speaker 5: I stayed there for or what three years, and I was just doing too much and I wasn't happy. And I moved to Atlanta because my high school sweetheart he.
Speaker 2: Was in California, and I was finding out to California to see him.
Speaker 5: And then he got a job in Atlanta to get closer to home, and I thought that man get closer to me. Oh did so. So I moved out to Atlanta to try to get closer to this men. And he was like, I'm just getting real money. I don't ready to just be a single man. We've been together since we were kids. I want to know what it is like to be by myself, whichy'all understand. You know, we were together since like what seven, sixteen seventeen. It's like twenty I was like twenty five, twenty six now, so.
Speaker 2: We have been together a long time.
Speaker 1: And Atlanta's no place to fund in me. Okay. It's a lot of single eligible men, a lot, no excuse me, there's a lot of single eligible women. Okay, But for the men, you might have to share a little bit, yeah, because half of them hobos. The other half is cool. The other moved and then you got you know him, right, that nigga. You got to go to little exactly. So that's the three types of men in a land.
Speaker 2: He was definitely one of those. Yeah, doing very very successful, you know, getting money, like real money for the first time, you know. So he wanted to be outside. I'm not even mad at him. So I like, I left Atlanta and I moved to Europe. My sister was there military and she's like, come out here with me. We need someone to do our hair. Anyway, get away from that nigga.
Speaker 5: So I left and I went to Europe and she was I was only supposed to be there a year with her, and then I stayed two more years after she was gone. I was there three years because I fell in love with a man. Ain't shamed. Then I moved to Florida with him, shame yup, moved to left Europe. I still had two more years on my visa. I could have stacked um two more years of money, but I left to be broke in Florida and depending on somebody else. So that's what I did, your dumb ass, big dumb bitch story. I left, I moved to destyby'ch floor, and then I left him, picked all my shit up and moved to Charlotte.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 5: That was me getting away from a man, and it was like, Okay, I don't want to move back to Columbia.
Speaker 2: Where can I go? I've been to Atlanta. I want to be closed, but not the in Columbia. So right, Charlotte. And then I've been here for what eighth.
Speaker 1: You're here because I came in twenty fifteen. I came in sixteen, so okay, yeah sixteen. I got here February twenty.
Speaker 2: I came.
Speaker 1: January twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I came in February. And then now here I am with Ken picking up and moving nervous about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, what makes you want to go to La? What you're trying to do right there?
Speaker 2: Tamn?
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It's like I wouldn't maybe audition and.
Speaker 1: Down like a mid life prices to me, I'm gonna be honest with you. Hello, man, get a corvette and then in middle life. I'm not in that at all. Okay, yelp, So listen, he said, I get a corvette.
Speaker 2: The red carpet.
Speaker 1: La is always somewhere I've wanted to live ever since I was a little girl.
Speaker 5: My lease was up, My Salon lease is about to be up. I was like, am I gonna If I'm gonna do it? Now's the time, right? It would be good for our podcast networking. You come out there.
Speaker 1: You see y'all had this shit. This is what I know is gonna happen, right because Tammy's moving to LA and she's claiming that she's gonna make her way back to the East coast so we can continue business. But I feel like I'm gonna be dragged somewhere and I'm not being dragged. I do not like La. It feels like Atlanta to me. It sucks the energy. I do not like. Literally, I feel sick.
Speaker 2: Well, you know you don't have.
Speaker 5: To stay, but you'll have to come sometimes, right Why because there might be some opportunities for us there.
Speaker 1: Girl By, It was.
Speaker 2: A good opportunity.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come though, right, it depends somebody gotta beat my ass out there too, your ass. You might have to stay, Oh La. People like black women in LA. So my thing is this do you really want?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: This is this is we're talking about starting over now at our big age.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 1: Family wise? This might turn to a little therapy session, right, This.
Speaker 3: Is not what we bought.
Speaker 2: Two Episode big.
Speaker 1: Do you really want a husband? Do you really want children? You think, la, you're gonna find that there.
Speaker 2: See, this is why I said I don't be telling people.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't tell people, because this is the energy i'all are getting. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean like I'm in alignment where where my life is supposed to go? Right now, That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: That's all I can say. Anything is possible.
Speaker 2: You know what. I do want a husband, I do want kid, a kid at least one.
Speaker 1: Why at least gonna get half of one? Gut right in a step?
Speaker 2: I take a step? Can you too? At this point?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't mind that. But I mean, we're just gonna see where where this rodeo takes me. I'm giving myself so with my moving on, my starting over, I'm doing it smart this time. I'm not packing up all my shit and just putting it in the place. I put my stuff in storage. I got air and b Airbnb for sixty days and a rental card just to see, like, do I even like it here? If I like it, then I'll ship all my shit right. If I don't, then I'll come back, you know, so we'll see what happens. But I don't think I'm doing that. I don't think I'm gonna real lit. We gonna see though, and you're gonna come over there. You gonna come over there. I'm gonna have a good time, and it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Some great opportunity, a lot of the both, A lot of the great opportunities everywhere. You just gotta find them.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see, be optimistic about our our opportunities there. And my shit, I might meet my husbands soon as I get off the plane. He might be flying the plane.
Speaker 2: Bitch, I hear that. You never know.
Speaker 1: Make she give me that buddy pass. That's all I know. Yeah, because you're gonna need one coming back from La. Well, I got shout out to all about nine reb girls. I know what tiw it is, No duck, It depends on what uh what tier you at? My d three? Non rev ain't got me nowhere, duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not having a spend.
Speaker 1: All right, what's the zips? Okay, So this is listen. I just while we were talking, I actually googled and how to start over at forty So we got tutors that girl, that's probably gonna be the same shit. Okay, let's not go over old this diabolical which hard her one time, my little niece. This is when she was younger. She just graduated from high school and it's going she's going to college now. But when I lived in Saint Louis, they came to visit me and my two nieces and my younger niece. She might have been like nine years old at the time, and I was like, girl, you a big as hell for a nine year old, just fucking with her? Why she done sat there and googled how big you support? How much should a twenty seven year old wag at the time I was twenty seven the hyerbolicle Right, well, actually, according to Google, you pretty you pretty big for a twenty seven year old dad, and that should have so aligned with who she is right now. So today that's allied with you. That is your baby, that is your das And she looked just like me, girl, shit you would do. All I could do was laugh, like that's funny?
Speaker 4: Is fun She can't showed you or yeah I saw that and show me like this time that you supposed to wait at twenty seven, girl, fuck you to this day.
Speaker 1: I love money anyway. So it says starting over it can be, can be a natural part of life, and it's never too late to do. So, Okay, here are some tips that you may that may help. So it says reflect, examine your values and goals, and consider what you can change. Okay, So and this you're changing your location environment Okay, And sometimes no, you know, I just think I'm gonna reinvent myself in a way too, Like I think I'm just want to be like more. I know I'm going to la where people are more superficial, but I think I'm going to be less superficial, more like concerned with just like the things that really have value to me when they like, you know, recently, people broke in my house and stole a whole bunch of like designer shit bags and shoes and jewelry, and I was like, what is the lesson in getting so all of my stuff stolen?
Speaker 5: And it's like that shit don't mean nothing. I know, it's nothing at all. Like I maybe God wanted me.
Speaker 1: To let go of those things because I was putting too much value on the shit that really didn't matter.
Speaker 2: So now they're gone.
Speaker 5: I had to find a lesson because other than that, I was just gonna be fucking mad. And if I catch that bitch outside, it's still up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know your answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah we seem to so anyway, girl, So I think I just want to have like a more holistic healthy I just it is a place of great where people are very healthy. So I think I'll be more into with that part of myself and just being a just a better version of me. That's what I'm looking forward to. We hope LA brings that out.
Speaker 1: It says take action, stop waiting for the perfect moment, and be willing to make a change. You can try starting new lobbies like joining a group bike ride to help you reach your goals.
Speaker 2: What I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean here right through cycle, but I don't see how that's helpful next to to start.
Speaker 1: That's not like weight loss the fuck that too, But no, that's not what we really want. But anyway, it says be kind to yourself, practice mindfulness, be gentle with yourself, and allow negative emotions to flow. You can also try creating a positive mantra mantra to counter painful thoughts.
Speaker 5: That's exciting that you said that, because I just started doing this thing on my phone recently. Where how long when you go to it in my notes? And I've been doing it daily, so I have forgotten a couple of days.
Speaker 1: But its stuff I write down daily.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it says good things are always happening to me.
Speaker 2: That's the top and I always and I write.
Speaker 5: Something down daily that was good, that happened. I ain't did shoot today yet, but I got to see it's been.
Speaker 2: With my code.
Speaker 5: We're regarding and we're recording and we're in person. So that's my good thing for today, okay, and seeing your beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, period, y'all. We got some real good teeth on. We talked about, dude, and I'd be like, really bragging because when you live like in this time that we're in right now, where everybody like our fossils are going to have veneers on them. If anybody has any skin left, there's gonna be a sexy tattooed on the neck of it, lips back, fucked up, a baby bird to brae crooked. You know what else, a baby fat cat girl fuck you, or have Betty boot on my butt?
Speaker 2: You got baby boop tip. Yeah, let's on break this is.
Speaker 1: How long I've been aj holiday? Okay, I got this tattoo when I was twenty years old, and on Betty Boop's butt it says holiday like the tattoo and then on her butt it says holiday. So you got a butt a tattoo of a butt on your butt. Yes, it's over this big ass birthmark. Did I say be kind to yourself? Yep? Okay, all right? Ask for help. If you're facing problems in your business, you can consider hiring an expert for advice. In a relationship, you can try a couple's counseling or working on your own personal growth.
Speaker 5: So asking for help that is a good one. I just I found that once I do tell people where I'm going, a lot of people like I got a friend out there, I can link you. I have had so many people just because of what we posted from last night, so many people in my dms like, oh, I got.
Speaker 2: A cousin out there, I got a sister out there, I gotta.
Speaker 5: Friends girl, right, so we need we link me with all of that, A lot of meaningful yeah, yeah yeah. If they don't coke, don't send them fruitful.
Speaker 1: I feel like LA A lot of the cocaine users a lot of that ship.
Speaker 2: I don't want no parts of that.
Speaker 1: It says reward yourself. Rewarding yourself in the moment can help you realize that your efforts are resulting in a positive out them. So you celebrated leaving, you should celebrate getting there. Yeah, that's something you could possibly do.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: I think my my friends share is gonna come over with probably like a bottle of champagne, two classes.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna clean clean, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Another part that says this is like it says feeling stuck in life. Five tips for how you can start over. First one is assess the situation. The first step to starting over is to step back and take an honest look at your life. So I think people do this just annually, but I feel like quarterly, right, you should do an assessment of your goals, do an assessment or where you are, where you wanna be at like that. It shouldn't be an annual thing. Should daily shit. I struggle daily just to do the basic shit I say I'm gonna do every day. But what I find is I'm quicker to do things for other people than I am for myself. So every day I'm like, man, let me do what I say I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's not a good habit, though. You need to break that cause you'll look up and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I need to do when people are trying to figure out how to get things done, Just do what you say you're gonna do, and it's done.
Speaker 2: But if it was that easy the world, just think about how many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if somebody else canna call you and you jump for them, jump for yourself and every day, right, and it's okay to say no to people. No, I can't come to this. No, I can't help you with that. I got a homegirl right now, I'm kind of avoiding because I know you want me to help you with something. Damn I didn't need any help, and I can.
Speaker 2: You just say no?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Uh you get no.
Speaker 1: I'm not having trouble with saying no. I just don't feel like it because I already know what she wants and I'm not about to do it.
Speaker 2: She wants to be.
Speaker 1: People don't want to use your connections that type of shit. So yes, I needed right know, Yeah, just like you know, like this is my lick, Like, why you think you can have like people are so weird? Yeah, okay, but I guess you got to use your connections. That everybody got six degrees of separation, right right, So I don't get mad at people before trying though, because I mean, why not. You know, I guess I don't get fit, so I just don't do it. I like or connections. I like organic relationships. If I happen to be in the vicinity of this person or you know, that's just how I like. I don't force nothing, ever, I will I will force it. Yeah, I know, I know, bitch, I will force it. Okay. So number two says to start with a new job, your career can be daunting to change. I haven't worked for anybody since technically since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 5: When I get out there, I'm going to have to maybe join the workforce a little bit ill.
Speaker 1: No saying working, but I.
Speaker 5: Just you know, I've always I mean, I'll still work for myself, but you know, you know, doing Harry, you still got a bill. You gotta start over, So I might have to, like you know, I used to work for Sophora, I might have to, like gal a part time at Sophora or.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine myself door dashing food, but could you imagine me pulling me pulling up with your bit y'all? Did any cars for work?
Speaker 2: I will, though I'm not above it.
Speaker 1: Like I actually enjoyed grocery shopping already any hustle, right, I'm not above it, but I just couldn't. I still feels weird with be like here's your cheeburger.
Speaker 2: But you never know, y'all to tell you what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Y'all might be watching We Talk Back podcast in LA and order some food, going to bring it to your mother from man, Yo, I'm not above it, baby, like it's just a grind. So we just go see what hand hair up bring to god it do get that bad girl.
Speaker 2: I just watched it, man, that's what we all know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're talking about LA. We already on the cost of living is astronomical, is out the fucking roof. So I can imagine you probably get paid a little better doing that. You no, see, you're not airpacting. They have like old stag up collar, Like girl, what you're doing? Girl?
Speaker 2: I pull it up to.
Speaker 1: And they gonna be yelling at your ass like you be yelling at the goddamn ober eats. They got a dog, they better come to ink girl. Same Okay, it says moved to a new city. That's number three, So relocate if I could think of any place i'd want to be. This is why I just ended up moving back to Charleston because we got palm trees. I don't know if y'all know what do people be sleeping?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I want to live in Barbados.
Speaker 2: That all Barnac. That is my.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like my soul be walls come to be at home and Charleston. Never the Barbados and Charleston. I've done a lot of research. They have a lot of like close history and it's the same niggas, you know what I'm saying. Like even some of the neighborhoods I looked at in Barbados, it looks like like the hood and my mom grew up in. It's the same shit.
Speaker 2: I So ultimately that's where you're gonna like go home.
Speaker 1: That goals, Like I really want a beach house. I could see it, I could see the free I want that. So there's really no place else in America. I'd like to live like I really am working, actively working on getting the second passport. Mm hm, just in case, bitch. I don't know if y'all seen the fucking stock market drop. I don't know how many points today we entered a recession. For sure. I feel like we've been in a recession since twenty nineteen. But for sure just happening. You couldn't even log into your brokerage account this morning. They shut shit down. So this is what happened. When there's a reset or restart the money. You think you having a bake, it's not yours. When shit hit the hand, like, you're gonna be lined up outside with everybody trying to get that money, and they're gonna be like, nah, we ain't got it.
Speaker 5: That's why I like my great grandmother. She was allowed for the Great Depression, and uh, I said the great because this might be the this might be the greatest. But she would not believe in a bank. She did not believe in putting no money in no bank.
Speaker 1: And then the cash, the paper of Fiat money have zero value. I don't know if people like I mentioned XRP, but there's more articles coming out. Think of America is now using XRP bitcoin like that shit is already like through the roof. If you're trying to get into cryptocurrency, that might be the next best thing. If you want to wake out one morning and you know you paid fifty cent for this for this coin, and now it's worth a thousand.
Speaker 5: Like my grandmother all her mother money and a like in a tin can, and she put it in the ground or under the bed.
Speaker 2: Shame.
Speaker 5: I know she was a booth in the mattress. She was born in nineteen oh two, though, So let me, Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe you gotta get some gold or silver or something that's gonna actually have value because we've been off of the gold standard with the US dollar. Okay, it says immerse yourself in new activities. That's pretty much what the other list said. So maybe instead of cycling, you'll get you a ride your bike around.
Speaker 5: I'll ride my bike and I want to do pilates I ordered. Have y'all seen this pilates core thing.
Speaker 2: It's like a little matt like a little contraption and the lady has her hand on the flooris she's doing like.
Speaker 1: Yes, I keep they keep sending me that ship. I'm ordering that thing, man, I want that thing.
Speaker 2: I can't order ship right now.
Speaker 1: I'm moving, so I can't order nothing, but I do want to, like, uh, somebody send me, like, hey, my my cousin's in LA and she teaches a pilates.
Speaker 2: Class, so they send me her Instagram.
Speaker 1: So yeah, by that, I definitely this gym in Charleston is called High Low. I gotta I still have storage in Columbias, all carlines. I gotta get that ship out of there. But once I do, and I don't have that bill anymore, I'm gonna get this membership because they have hot pilates, hot yoga, and it's a regular city yard gym. But that shit is like two hundred and thirty seven dollars a month to see Highest for a chap Wes just seem like a bad idea. Why just put a band on and keep it moving. Every time I even think I haven't had off, she looked like a hat. Lied and she looked like a hat.
Speaker 2: By the time I leave that.
Speaker 1: Sliding back white, I remember I looked.
Speaker 5: I was up the stair cliff, I was on the StairClimber, I was sweating like perfusely in my hand on the wig. And I was talking this is a planet fitness, And I was talking to that white guy at the desk and he said, you're you're skinned.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you baby.
Speaker 1: That ain't just here like I should be looking like Bookers there, your skin is peeling a little bit. White people will be so nice appreciate when they turn out to be load. Bro, You know what else to say, Like I'm going on, bitch, give me kicked right off? That was it?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: That is it for that little less like tips and this this outherless is the starting over at forty No fun there later that No fuck that list are ty If he said five minutes our time is up, No it's not, Sarzoda.
Speaker 2: At forty you about to be real shady.
Speaker 1: I can never know. It's a good one. Okay. It's a self assessment. Take stock of your strengths, weaknesses, passions, and aspirations and this can help you make better decisions about your next step. Uh huh, Okay, set goals. Okay, consider what you want to achieve by reinventing yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I received that one.
Speaker 1: All right, have you done that yet? Have you done an assessment, like, what is your actual goal for going out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just want to be happy?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? Take risks, Okay. Reinventing yourself can be difficult, but don't be afraid to fail. I ain't never afraid of That's why I gave myself that sixty days, because I done had this going away.
Speaker 5: And they gonna see me back here your sixty days if I don't like it. And I just didn't like it, So I came bad, right, You.
Speaker 1: Gave that little disclosure lives that yeah, like, yeah, we're gonna see what happens to baby girl, all right, and brace lifelong learning, consider learning new things continuously planned financially starting over my theory might require some financial adjustment. M m.
Speaker 2: That's why I said I can't buy nothing new, Okay, I can't.
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 2: Record another episode in y'all outfit.
Speaker 1: Don't say shit to be I will never feel no type of way about rewaring. So should I wish a bit you would like in real life? I rewear my clothes? Yeah, me too, Okay, So I don't. I mean, I don't know, but you ain't never wore.
Speaker 2: The same thing twice to film.
Speaker 1: Yet I actually yes, I will be. I will be network, use their existing network and look for ways to expand it. Okay, and prioritize, prioritize self care, focus on your physical and mental health.
Speaker 2: There is like so where my airbnb is.
Speaker 5: It's a really nice place and there's an Equinox walking distance from it, and I google the Equinox price and then I just that I will use this fitnessend there.
Speaker 2: Ela stayed.
Speaker 1: Say, unless somebody want to give me an Equinox membership, that part then out on away gifts. Yeah, that's a great that would be a great gift. So that was that was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was a good list. I think that'll be some helpful tools for me. I mean some of them was shit had already had in mind. But some of those things, well we'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: Because specially having my friends visit No, because I was listen, if you don't come to see me, so I be mad because you was just in LA when with that head piece on looking pretty or a lot was two years ago at this point, it was not two year That was two years ago. That was a year before last time is really speeding up. Damn, that was too nine then back to La. Since then I got stuck on a buddy pass thing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I went to the airport like nine o'clock in the morning. I get at that bitch till twelve o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: It really is the olypics. When you're flying on rip to pivot, you gotta be ready to pivot where you gotta.
Speaker 1: Or you just gotta buy your damn ticket. That's where I'm at right now until I find a d one player. Okay, I don't have a d My cousin works part time and I need a Delta person.
Speaker 5: It's on yarney, and I could get a job at the airport part time, and then I'll put you on. Yeah you be my Yeah, you be my spouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah plus one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you got any last last.
Speaker 1: Enjoy be good, Okay, keep your integrity intact. This is for me, yes, okay, Okay, don't be sucking dick what.
Speaker 2: I would never.
Speaker 1: Like. Don't do nothing I wouldn't do. Okay, I'm a whole prude. A motherfucking told me I have an elitist attitude. Okay, that's that supposed to be an all right? I think it was, Yeah, but it's not an insult.
Speaker 2: To me, you know whatever.
Speaker 5: I just feel like I'm not really susceptible to peer pressure at whatever age I am.
Speaker 1: We neither.
Speaker 2: It was about to say that.
Speaker 1: I am pressed. I just like I don't like, yeah, I'm way beyond that. I did all the things like that I want to do.
Speaker 2: Right, me too, me too.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, no, it's so easy to roll off my tongue at this age way and without a the explanation.
Speaker 2: You know how sometimes people tell you no and they feel like they.
Speaker 1: Need to tell you play why you know, period, just no, no complete statement. And that was Nick, and that's it. And I love you and be good.
Speaker 2: I don't love you too, and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 1: And don't fuck up our business. I will never, okay, we will never.
Speaker 2: I would never. I'll be back in three weeks. I'll be back in three weeks. Like I told Jordan, I said, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well you're recording next next month. Well i'll be I have to be bad because I heard somebody laught like, bitch, you bad back my hair in three weeks for.
Speaker 5: The way, it's her wedding, So yeah, I'll definitely be here for sure. And then I have obligation to you into our show into yeah, her wedding, so you'll see me no.
Speaker 1: Words, may I don't worry. I'll take your as to court.
Speaker 2: She's not lie.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all said you got a last last for yourself.
Speaker 2: Catch me in l a bitches.
Speaker 1: I'll see you there, all right, y'all. That's all we got for today. And if you enjoy this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on a Black Effect podcast iHeartRadio, Apple Web, But the fuck you get your podcast at? This is your co host aj Holiday two point zero on Instagram.
Speaker 2: All this official to your band on Instagram. Remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And never hold your place. Just move around. If that's what you feel like you want to do, do it. New environments, bring new opportunities, new people. Just fucking do it. Bit you only got one life, yolo Amen. Four more podcast from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows