Speaker 1: We are in the middle of the NBA playoffs and it is awesome. And Draftking sports Book also awesome, and they're an official sports betting partner of the NBA, and they're giving you a chance to boost your winnings right now. Download the Draft King sports Book app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boosts for every NBA playoff game only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text op and y that's four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help us available for problem gambling. Call it at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven of business EZPG do or please play responsibly on behalf of Boo Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas. Twitter one plus age and eligibility varias by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boosts per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast call twenty five plus stuck in fun Fou and they all went the whizz, So yes too, Ben fun did you expect it's a podcast twenty five way.
Speaker 2: So swimming wine? Everybody? All right? Blow it? God? Was that loud? Is that loud?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I just want to say this.
Speaker 1: We usually do this show late Thursday afternoon, and we may have an interview on Friday, so we'll do the show. Sometimes we'll finish it on Friday. We were doing this show before we do the Friday morning radio show. It was so it's early, way early, and that was even louder because it's so early.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy is that when I was a lifeguard, I learned how to really blow a whistle.
Speaker 2: And you have so much energy right now and it's so early in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why I respect it, but holy crap. Yeah, So like you can easily blow a whistle, like very softly. But I think since I was a lifeguard, man, I blow it fool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've not blown it as full before. I'm gonna be honest, not true it is.
Speaker 2: I always blow it fool. That's not your reputation.
Speaker 1: Uh so, hello, this is the earliest we have ever done this show in the history of the show. But that's okay. We have a lot to talk about. I do want to start with college football and the NFL. They voted on very similar things. One voted in a way that I like, one voted in a way I didn't like. Now, NFL went to the vote and they voted on a lot of stuff, but they voted on playoffs. So the NFC South has always been a pretty weak division, or not always been the last five or six years. And whoever wins the NFC South or even the AFC South, they.
Speaker 2: Get an automatic four seed.
Speaker 1: Usually, yeah, they definitely aren't getting the buy, but they're automatically they get a home game. The NFL voted to re kind of recede and by record, the top teams would get the home games.
Speaker 2: No matter if you win your division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if like you were eight and nine and eight to nine Tampa team who won the NFC South, you wouldn't go in as the four seed and get a home game because you were freaking eight and nine.
Speaker 2: Love it. They voted noted that so that they're keeping the old style. Okay, don't love it?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you know, if your team is in that division, I get it, Like cool. You win the division, even though your division is terrible, you get in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 1: It is weird when a nine and eight team gets in over an eleven and sixteen because the nine and eight team played in a terrible division, right, I understand why the owners voted to keep it the same.
Speaker 2: I actually kind of like it.
Speaker 1: You win your division, you get one of the top four seeds, you get a home game. It's like when your division get a home game in the playoffs. I don't mind it. Does it feel a little clunky, yes, but okay, I'm with it.
Speaker 2: They did vote down the touschbush.
Speaker 1: No, no, they voted and no, get this though, that's what I wanted to They voted to continue.
Speaker 2: Continue, We're good barely. It'll be dead next year. Oh why? But what I was going to say was they voted.
Speaker 1: The NFL got green Bay to go in and be the one to say, please say you don't like the touchbush.
Speaker 5: Really they told them they so? Was it not green based green Bay's decision to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read you this, Oh man, this is hilarious because I made fun of the Packers so much for being the team that raised their hand and like, we don't like the tush push where it hurts. I remember this, so now that the Eagles get to keep the toush push. This is from Pro Football Talk and Mike Florio. Mike Florio said that the league quote asked the Packers to do it, and the Packers took one for the team.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 2: A source claims that most in Green.
Speaker 1: Bay's organization don't care about to play either way, but it left the team appearing to have sour grapes after losing to the Eagles twice last season. So for whatever reason, the NFL wanted to play gone but decided that someone else should own the decision to raise the issue.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. I did two whole episodes of like calling them ole weenie babies. Oh it hurts when Jalen does that. We're even like, dang, out of all the teams, you're gonna Beckers.
Speaker 1: They play in cold weather that's supposed to be a hardcore, So toush push remains that the Packers had to be the Wieners.
Speaker 2: Dang. And I don't know who to believe anymore now. Well, and they.
Speaker 1: Almost lost Next year, I think they'll lose so many teams just don't care. They don't play the Eagles. AFC teams don't play the Eagles. They released a list of teams that voted for and against it.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Have the list with me, but like the Titans, they didn't vote against it.
Speaker 2: They don't do it. They don't play the Eagle.
Speaker 5: Right, they don't play the Eagles. I mean, and that's the thing too, right, like not everyone does it. It's really just the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's mostly playing against it more than just doing it.
Speaker 5: Sure, but I mean, now that we've passed it, the only team that really advance has the advantage here is the Eagles. The rest of the NFL really doesn't because they don't.
Speaker 1: Do it like Baltimore does it with Mark Andrews. They try to do it, yeah, but they do so there are a few teams that do it. Otherwise it's just called a quarterback sneak, right, The touchbush is just with a little hot sauce on the quarterback. Or it's like when Mark Andrews does it, he comes in motion, they're in shotgun formation, he gets under center and then goes That's probably if I were a team the way I would do it instead of getting my quarterback hurt. But Jalen Hurts is so freaking strong. Squad's nine hundred pounds like a truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, and then there were rumors that came out.
Speaker 1: That Jason Kelsey got hurt and retired because of the touchbush. Really that he didn't say that because he didn't want to hurt the Eagles organization for doing it, but that that's one of the reasons he retired, is that he tush pushed so many times.
Speaker 2: And then he came out and.
Speaker 1: Said, I'd get back in the league if I could just do six hundred touch bushes.
Speaker 2: So again, who do you believe?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 5: Sounds so funny? But yeah, I mean he was the he was the first dude. He was the main guy of the touch push.
Speaker 1: He was and we think it's Jalen who's probably really the main guy, but he is, yeah, the center leader of it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have a name for the most part. Uh so is he the most famous center that we know? Like I don't know another center? I mean I probably do.
Speaker 1: But probably and for two reasons, one recency and two.
Speaker 2: Because Taylor Swift right and Travis. But that's why Taylor would Travis.
Speaker 1: Travis would because I think people outside of football wouldn't have even known Travis really unless you're a If you're a football fan, you knew Travis Kelcey. But if you were just a casual you probably didn't know Travis Kelcey, not at all really, And so if you didn't know Travis, you didn't know Jason Kelcey. They played against each other in the Super Bowl, which was really what made their podcast pop at very first. But again, to even listen to their podcast at first, you had to be a big NFL fan because they didn't have massive pial because of Taylor. Taylor is why Jason Kelcey and his wife are so famous. Not that they're not talented, but Taylor is why all the Kelseys have this massive career. They deserve it because they're really good. She can give them an opportunity, but she can't create their talent and their sustainability which they have. And I think she may be the most not Taylor, Jason Kelsey's wife, maybe the most talent of them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's funny.
Speaker 1: So Kylie Kelsey, right, Kylie, Yeah, So okay. NFL said no change to the playoffs. NFL said keep the touch push so everything stand the same. College football, they are changing their playoff format, still doing twelve yes, but and they did the right thing. They said, we're not just giving the conference champions the buys. We are going to seed them as is because you saw last year Boise Yeah, yeah, yeah, get a.
Speaker 2: Bye and then get ran. So this is from ESPN.
Speaker 1: After some much deserved first year criticism, the college football playoff seeding system has changed. The fall of CFP will switch to straight seating as opposed to given the top four seeds to the four highest ranked conference champions as it was done last year. ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips acknowledged there's a responsibility to serve our constituents while also being mindful of what's best for college football. Philip said the decision was made in the best interest of the sports, even though it may not always benefit the ACC. Oh yeah, no, it is not going to benefit the AACC. It's going to benefit it's the ACC. The absolute worst other than a non power five that gets in because you're going to see two or three SEC teams be in that top three. You're going to see now there's only four spots.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna see two big ten teams be in it, possibly a big twelve team be in it.
Speaker 2: I know that's six spots, but I think that'll that'll move a little bit. Unless an ACC team goes eleven and one twelve to zero.
Speaker 1: ACC doesn't get a spot, and neither does the non Power five school Wow, even going undefeated. Wow, it's gonna be really tough for that to happen. But I agree with that because what we saw, we saw a couple of really good first round games, and they got to that second round game where the game should be better, and then one hundred and nothing.
Speaker 2: Yep, just terrible games.
Speaker 5: And then those those like Boise State had to buy right like they had a first week by they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I just said, like fifteenth thing and it's early, man, it is early. But okay, so that bye, Yeah, Okay, I see what you're saying. Got it. Carry on.
Speaker 1: So teams like Boy you say, will no longer get to buy if they're not thought of as one of the biggest four teams. They'll play one of the first round games because somebody will come out of the non Power five schools every year and they will not get a buy unless they go undefeated and play two i'll say two Power five schools that are ranked schools, they will not even be considered for the buye. So I think the NFL is different because those teams are like we'll say eight and nine. We'll use a bad Tampa Bay team that wins the NFC South if they win their division. We've seen that team actually win in the playoffs. Sure, because the NFL there's so much parody. Yep, not near as much parody in college, although there's becoming a little more now the NIL exists and the transfer portal, but it is definitely different. But those were the big changes that we've seen so far. So you like the college change, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish they would have outlawed the toush push. I hate it. It's not fun. I don't care about the It's unfair. Well, okay, what's fair some players some teams have bigger players than others. That's not somewhere faster than were they run faster.
Speaker 2: Some have more money than others. It ain't fair.
Speaker 1: But it's just boring, and so I think that's why the NFL wanted it to die, just for entertainment value. Because the NFL knows their television show and it will die, just not this year. Or what's gonna happen is they're gonna wait for one person to get injured.
Speaker 2: And then go in these meetings and go.
Speaker 1: We cannot continue this because people are getting injured doing it.
Speaker 2: So the Eagles have to.
Speaker 1: Like how quarterbacks would come out and act like they didn't have concussions, they'd learn how to answer the questions even.
Speaker 2: If they had a concussion so they could stay in the game.
Speaker 1: The tush push gays when they get injured, they're gonna have to blame it on something else realway.
Speaker 2: Dehydration, Yeah, got dehydrated and they have to get into ten and get their leg wrapped up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Shay won the MVP a couple of days ago. What was cool though, He bought all his teammates rolexes after the win.
Speaker 2: Dang, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: When an NBA player wins the MVP, the entire team wins, especially it's from barstool after Shay wins, because he got everybody rolllexes as a thank you. They were awesome. They were all Most of them are like blue or silver KC colors. They won again last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did. I'm feeling good. I watched the first half before I fell asleep. Oh you fell asleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't have interest for game two of that. The Western games they're late, dude, I get it.
Speaker 5: They're later than the Eastern games, maybe even an out by just an hour.
Speaker 2: But still I felt like I could have gotted it out. It was close.
Speaker 1: At halftime it was yeah, it was close, and I was like, oh, man, I may not be able to cover here to the seven and a half they did cover, Yes, but oklahom State.
Speaker 2: Looks really good. They do.
Speaker 1: Man. Now they got to go to Minnesota. I do think Minnesota picks up one of the next couple of.
Speaker 2: Games, right, Yeah, I think I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, I joke around that's going to be four and out, But I think Minnesota wins one somewhere in there. Probably one of these two, I would say, mate, I think ideally it would be this next one.
Speaker 1: I think the NBA really needs Anthony Edwards to not be embarrassed, and a four to zer sweep is embarrassing. That is embarrassing the league's arguably biggest star. It's not Lebron or Steph or Katie like arguably the biggest current ver slash next star.
Speaker 5: I mean, is this MVP raise Shay over Anthony Edwards a little bit?
Speaker 2: No, sh should have won the MVP. Yokis should have won the MVP.
Speaker 1: But Yokich has a bit of Bill Belichick, Angela and Jolie Bobby Bone Show syndrome when you win everything, nobody wants you to win everything, and so then you're held out forever and then you start to get pissed off.
Speaker 2: Yoki should have been the MVP. Shaye had an awesome season, like.
Speaker 1: Really one of the best point guard type seasons in the last five to seven years. And I say that because I just watched a whole that I would quote it and source it, but I don't know what I watched. But Yokis had a better season, so uh yeah, pretty cool. I like this under a lot. I'm glad Shaye won it, but man, Shaye's foul unts too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah he does.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think what's gonna win it for OKC is their defense. They're defensively so good. Dude, Caruso is aol.
Speaker 2: What is happening? He came off the bench, only watched the first half. He came off the bench. Oh, he kept it going. He kept it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, played like thirteen minutes. He had seven points when I turned it off.
Speaker 2: But he he played defense on Jokic in the last series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Caruso basically a number two or a small number three.
Speaker 2: Yep. Funny looking dude headband on a bald head for a white dude. Love it, Yeah, I love every bit of it. Crazy.
Speaker 1: One other story here for a second. Jim Marsiy died. He is the Colts owner. This is a couple of days ago. Yeah, and Jim Marseiy lots of stories about him, good, bad, indifferent and how he owned that team and this so much isn't about that. But I will do a little official paragraph before I talk about something I found really interesting. The longtime owner of the Indianapolis Colts has died. The team announced on Wednesday, So it's Friday now. It's been a couple of days. I passed away peacefully in his sleep in the afternoon. The billionaire inherited the Colt from his father, who bought the team when they were still based in Baltimore and moved them to Indianapolis, and the organization went on to win a Super Bowl two thousand and seven with Peyton Manning at quarterback. Then he goes to a lot of stuff that's from TMZ Sports Huge music, right, Well, so then that's what I want to get to. He had a museum that traveled like he moved it around, and he had spent I think in two thousand and two, nine hundred thousand dollars on the Jerry Garcia guitar that.
Speaker 2: Was Grateful Dead.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think the one that he had had a monkey on it. Well you look it up, Mike, like a picture of a monkey on the guitar. So Jerry Garcia had like seven guitars and all of them were specifically lightning bolt, monkey, donkey.
Speaker 2: Those aren't right, but they it was a tiger, Okay, the Tiger guitar.
Speaker 1: And if you don't mind pulling up all the Jerry Garcia because he has like seven, but the Tiger was the most played rightful Dead guitar really and he had it and again didn't pay a million bucks for it back in I think two or seven one of those years. But now it's worth like seven eight million dollars. But that was like his most prized possession.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And he had his museum was robust with music history. Yeah, when you have billions of dollars and you love music, Like I don't have billions of dollars, but I have a decent amount of money now and.
Speaker 2: I love sports. Neverabilia. I got a bunch of cold crape. Imagine that on steroids. You'd buy everything. So you see anything else about it, Mike, That's all I'm seeing. But yeah, he had different animals, alligator, a wolf, Jerry Garcia, not Jo guitars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guitars that his his little museum came to Nashville.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe like five years ago. Did you go?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I got invited to go, and I just didn't go. Because our friend Jeff Gorman, who used.
Speaker 2: To have a sports show.
Speaker 5: He he does media relations now for the Colts, loved Jim Irsay. He even tweeted the other day that said it's pretty it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He was really close to him.
Speaker 5: He says, I can't find it, but he said something like, whatever you heard about Jim, his kindness, his sweetness, whatever, how how awesome he was multiply times a thousand, Like he really loved Jim Mersey, and he traveled everywhere with Jim irsay, so he had lots of really so he's really close.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna come back in a second. Hey, what'd you think of this interview with because it's the first time huh.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers Dot richards Oh gotcha, I thought you were talking about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: No on Joe Rogan. Yes, I didn't listen to it. I'll watched him CLOBs and I was like, Eh.
Speaker 1: This guy, Eh yeah, no, okay, goohd what'd you think the interview with dot Richardson is awesome?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: I mean I feel I felt bad she didn't have her she lost her voice, but hey, she's in the middle of important games right now.
Speaker 2: Didn't have a voice, But she's dude.
Speaker 5: She makes me want to play softball and play softball for her.
Speaker 2: So we haven't except for maybe years ago.
Speaker 1: We had Patty Gaso on and who has won multiple national championships at Oklahoma, and I don't even think that was for this show. Oh right, on this show. I don't think we've ever had a softball coach on. I can't remember so, and I think I would be like, oh, a softball coach if I'm just a regular listener.
Speaker 2: However, she's awesome. Yeah, she's a medical doctor too.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm gonna say. Give it a shot. I think people will love this.
Speaker 1: I think people will love this interview too. Give it a shot. Coach Dot Richardson, Liberty, head coach University, who just beat Texas A and M and Texas M was an overall number one seat. That has never happened in the history of the tournament where the number one overall seat did not come out of the first round. Liberty did it. But it's not even about that. I think you're going to love the interview. We'll do that coming up next. The NBA Playoffs are underway and it's wild. All the high stakes drama, insane buzzer beaters, jaw dropping donks and guess what.
Speaker 2: DraftKings sports book and.
Speaker 1: Official sports betting partner of the NBA is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit Boost. Every single game, every single game, all playoffs long. Check out the app for the day's special boost. The boost is easy, it's just a benefit to you. Don't miss out as time to cash in while the action heats up. Man, it's getting great, right now download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use the code one word Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boosts for every NBA playoff game only on DraftKings the Crown of Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Wyre Tex Ope and wy that's four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Helps available for problem gambling Call eight to eight eight seven nine seventy seven seventy seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boo Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas. Twitter one plus age and eligibility varias by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boost per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum betlimits vary. See terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos.
Speaker 1: We're about to have coach dot Richardson on we don't have a lot of softball coaches on. If I'm being honest, I think we had coach Gasso Patty Gasso on once She's won four national championships in a row, but I'll a little bit about coach Dot Richardson. She's actually a medical doctor as well, which is crazy because after she had finished playing ball and she's in like the UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame, she's in the USA Softball Hall of Fame. She then went and got a master's and then she got her medical degree from the University of Louisville.
Speaker 2: So she's a coach, she's a doctor.
Speaker 1: She's kind of the most interesting per not a man, but you know, the most interesting man.
Speaker 2: In the first in the world.
Speaker 1: She's won two Olympic gold medals, the first time ever. That the first ever gold medal in softball.
Speaker 2: She wanted. She hit the home run. It won the game.
Speaker 1: I think even if you're like softball, I think you're just gonna love this interview with coach Richardson.
Speaker 2: She's the head coach at Liberty.
Speaker 1: They last week beat Texas A and m Texas ANAM was the number one overall seed and the number one overall seed has never not got out of the regionals and Liberty took them down for the first time ever a team not number one is going to super Regionals.
Speaker 2: So did you watch the game?
Speaker 1: I watched all three of them because there are four games. Yeah, four teams. I watched all three of the games, and so I reached out and was like, hey, and they had to fly from Liberty University.
Speaker 2: Is that Virginia? Yeah? Wow, across the whole count to Eugene, Oregon. That's tip to tip. We went from Nashville to Eugene and we won and we were like, this suck is too long.
Speaker 1: Uh So yeah, I'm just gonna throw her on because I'm a big fan.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: She is head coach of Liberty Softball. Coach Doc Richardson, Coach, I am honored to speak with you, and for a couple of reasons. One, my family loves you. They love you so much. And secondly, do the people call you doctor coach or I like, how does that work? Because you are a MD medical doctor and a coach. Do you ever get called doctor Richardson?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Sometimes I do, yes, but usually it's just coach or coach dot.
Speaker 2: That's the coolest coach flex in the and we coach.
Speaker 1: We've been all over the country with with coach Land at Oregon where you are now to We've been everywhere and not one single coach has been a doctor.
Speaker 2: But you.
Speaker 1: So this is really cool, and I want to start with because you guys are in Oregon. Now, that has got to be a long trip from you guys, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it sure was, but you know how exciting to be here. We're excited to be in the Superregionals. And my voice is gone. I apologize, but boy, we gave everything we got in the battle against Texas A and M, so we're blessed to be here.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have to I'm assuming I'm hoping they chartered you guys, they fly you guys charter over.
Speaker 6: They were able to charter thirty of us, so we had another ten that had to find their way here commercial.
Speaker 1: So did they have to stop for gas? Like I think that's long enough. They may have to refuel. Do they have to refuel you guys?
Speaker 6: Yes, we refilled in South Dakota.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that all the way across the country, like all the way from the East coast over to Eugene, Oregon. I want to take a second because I watched all three of your games against Texas A and M.
Speaker 2: We are a softball family.
Speaker 1: From Patty or coach Gasso to DJ my brother in law, we are a softball family, and so watch the first win, was like, that's crazy. What watched when you guys had the lead? And I want to go to the second game when you have the lead and Texas A and M ends up winning that game, And to me as a sports fan, I think, well, they just went through it and lost. I don't know if they're gonna be able to fight through that third game. What do you say after you guys lose that first game to Texas A and M, but the second game you played, what do you say between games?
Speaker 6: Well, I said, ladies, we scored eleven runs against the number one seeded national team and we made sixers and we were right there to win. Even at the at the end you saw bases loaded, full count. We had our opportunities. So it's like, ladies, you know what, it proves that we can beat any team in the country. We've already beat them once. Let's take them down again.
Speaker 1: In the history of Regional Super Regional, a number one seed has never fallen. You guys were the first team to ever do that. And so, and you're right, it was basis loaded and I mean they threw a ball four too. Not to go back to a single pitch like they lost a game. You guys had won the game if you let one pitch go by uh and you managed to come back and win that tiebreaker game to move on. Did you feel like your girls had it in them? Did you feel like they needed to be pumped up to be put back into it, because also you know you're you're having to play back to back now.
Speaker 6: Well, you saw a little lull, you know, when we were down three in the third game, the IF Championship game. But I knew that our team had it in him. I'm just so blessed because this team realizes that don't let the sport of softball, you know, don't worship the sport of softball, but let softball be your worship. Back to the Lord. They've been given amazing talents, and just as the Lord says, like trust them the talents they're meant to be shared. He put us at one of the biggest stages and we were able to just rely on that, and they relied on each other and just played the game. You could see they played with so much freedom. It was just so competitive. I loved every minute of it.
Speaker 2: Do you get nervous in game when it's a situation like that, not.
Speaker 6: Nervous, really just end up praying go to the Lord and not really praying for victory, just praying for just peace and competitive you know, performances because when you give it your best, your best is good enough, right and can't give any more. And that was when you can walk off the field with your head high knowing that you did that, and our girls did it. And there was so much talent, you know, on that field between Texas A and M and the Liberty Softball, the fans. The Twelfth Man is the reason why my voice is like it like this right now. It was just so awesome, It was so inspiring, it was loud, you couldn't ask for, just a feeling very close and similar to the World Series. It was a great game. But our girls are not looking in the past right now. They have got momentum and getting ready for the battle we have against Oregon coming up on Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: I want to ask one more question about the past. And in that final game, you put in a picture that hadn't pitched at all during the series, and man, what energy she had and you couldn't hear the announces with the announcers were like, well, she has. She struggles with her control, so why did you make the move to her? And it was control often a problem and what did she do different this time?
Speaker 6: Well, we actually were prepared to go with Escobar, Alena Escobar the whole way, but when we went out there to try and encourage her after home run was given up in two singles back to back, she just said she couldn't she couldn't finish because how much her achilles was hurting. So it's kind of a god. God has a plan and Yoda was ready. She's been really on the rise, I would say to the end of this season. She even said it herself. She was throwing maybe sixty one sixty two last year, and she's been able to work on her form in her mindset, and she was hitting sixty eight and as a lefty when she came in, you guys, her first warm up pitch, she threw a ground ball to the backstock and the four or five thousand, you know, Texas A and M fans were laughing at her, laughing, and she gave a little smirk and I knew no pun intended. The flame was lit and I'm just so proud of her. I was proud of Elena as well. She threw over four hundred pitches. She was the one with the most experienced last year in the Georgia Regionals who were won out of way from making history for our program to get to the Supers, and she had a lot to do with us getting there this year. But boy, to see to see Yoda just be able to close it out like she did a thriller, A Bill the nail Bier. It was. It had everything you, guys, you could think of, from the ejection of a fan, you know, to the controversial calls of umpires, to the back to back speed and home runs. And it was so fun, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: It was awesome? And we watched again.
Speaker 1: I've never I've watched Texas and I play a bunch of the year because they're in the SEC. But I haven't spent a bunch of time watching Liberty play. And I watched all three of your games. And so the two questions one about Escobar when she came off, she was crying a bit.
Speaker 2: She was emotional.
Speaker 1: Is it because her achilles was hurting her so bad and she wanted to stay in the game.
Speaker 2: Is that why?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's why I mean Elena was She wanted to finish it out. This is their senior year, and you know, when you play games like that, you never know which way they're going to go. And so for her, she wanted to give it more. She gave it everything she got, and our plan was not to take her out, actually, but she recognized it was just you much. It just hurt her too much. You've been It shows a competitiveness within a yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that's why it was. That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: You've been at Liberty for I guess twelve years now, because you started in twenty thirteen. Is your faith a big reason that you found Liberty to be such a great home for you?
Speaker 6: Oh? Absolutely, without a doubt. I mean I was asked for and for mayor County commissioner. You has Senate for the state of Florida. I thought the Lord's path for me at this time in my life was to be in politics, and so my husband and I were talking about it. I said, okay, but I'm going to go to the Lord first. And as I did, I said, Lord, just make it perfectly clear where you want me to be. The next morning, I got a phone call from the largest Christian university in the world, Liberty, from their athletic director who asked me to coach. And at the end of the conversation and he said, I said, you know, I have never head coached in college before. I'm not sure if you're realize that. So I'm definitely humbled by this opportunity. But he said, we realize that, but we feel the Lord is leading us to you and everything that happened in the movement and the decision to do it, we just knew that the Lord had his hand on it. Very humble beginnings at Liberty when I was there just twelve years ago. To see the growth of the university, the support of athletics. I'm sure everybody is seeing what Liberty has been able to do between football, basketball, you name it, field, hockey, lacrosse, softball, baseball, just keep going on, you know, basketball, and we're just so supported there. But I think you know, when the Lord is leading you, he tells you you'll have this peace that transcends all understanding because you might go a softball coach. Thank you, guys. It's so awesome to be able to be at a university who just stands for training champions for Christ and to have Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior as the center of it all. To be able to just share my faith and offso grow my faith, be able to evangelize, you know, to be able to help these young girls as they are brought to us by the Lord for different reasons. You know, it's more than just softball. And so to be able to help them find the answers right and that is it's just been a blessing. And to see it all come together each year, getting stronger and stronger, trusting the Lord more and more. He's faithful. And you guys, it's not just about winning. It's really about changing lives and be able to to Jesus said, you're the form are against me right, there's no lukewarm. So realize that Jesus paid it all. He paid it all in the cross for our debt. He died, gave his life up very three days and a rose from the dead to overcome death which Satan had put on the world on humanity to try and screw up God's plan. We're meant to live forever, and so we are falling people. We're all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. But Jesus gave us a way to make it better to get closer to the Lord. And when we stop just thinking about living our day to day life and those types of things, but have a soul searching, what is life really about? So through the sport of softball, God has been able to open that door for me to be able to just worship Him in a way that He has given back so much to me through a sport I love so much to impact the lives of not just these young girls, but all who are walking, you know, watching and be an impact to really soul search. Enjoy the game, enjoy the competition. It's awesome, but there's a competition for our souls. So what team are you on? And we know the winning team. It's God. It's not Satan, the anti crime, some false prophet and the demons and those that are non believers. So yeah, it's so awesome to be able to be woken up if you would. When covid hit I just said, what does the Lord say about this? There were even non believers that you probably know that we're like, what is going on? And God has given us the answers of what are going on? And so I just encourage everyone to seek the answers, enjoy the life we've been given, because that is a huge gift. But the biggest gift is in the biggest blessing is Jesus Christ paying it all for our debts, and just accept him. And when you do, man, you're just free. You know your life as a whole other meaning because we know there's more than just the life we have in this earth. So we'll be on a new earth, new heaven, and it's going to be exciting. And right now, it's just so humbled, you guys, just so humbled and honored to be a part of the team that is the strongest team we've ever had to this point, and just building a legacy.
Speaker 1: I have two final questions and one, if you'll indulge me for a second. You did hit the home run and won the gold medal in the gold medal game.
Speaker 2: That was you. You you felt it.
Speaker 1: Do you remember do you remember feeling did the ball come off the bat as pure as when you hit a perfect golf shot? Do you remember the feeling of hitting that home run to when the gold medal?
Speaker 6: And I love golf too, and you're absolutely right, I had a humbling experience a few days earlier against the China national team and they struck me out with bases loaded, and as I'm walking to the dugout, I realized, Okay, she beat me this time, and how to beat me? You guys with bases loaded, full count the change up? Are you kidding me? My mind didn't in process you would throw a change up. So I just to school, right, we're not losers if we're learning. So what happens. We seen Team China and the gold medal game in the nineteen ninety six Olympics, and when I sent to bat with Laura Berg at first base, I had two balls and no strikes, And before I got into the batter's box, my thought was, Okay, I know she's gonna throw me a change up. It doesn't make any sense she's gonna do it, but I know she's gonna do it, just learning from the past. And as they got into the batter's box, I just waited. I sat change and when she threw it, man, my eyes got this. I mean I just waited and I waited, and to be honest, I just wanted to rip the cover off of that ball so she would never ever throw that pitch again. It was such a good pitch. And when I saw off the bat, even though they say scientifically that's impossible, you're right. It felt connected. And when I saw that ball go at least I don't know, it's a foot or three feet to the fair side of the fair pole, my arm just went up in the air because I knew, I knew it was enough for us to make history, to capture the first ever Olympic gold medal for the FOURD to softball. And it was and one of the thrilling moments of my athletic career, and there have been so many. And to be able to coach right now where we're at two, it's just another blessing.
Speaker 1: All right, Last question, what do you say to your girls before the big three game series?
Speaker 6: Here, ladies were going into battle Oregon is not I mean, they should be seated higher than sixteen. The last pole is six. So they're very good squad. So we're going to be going into battle and we've taken down number one. But guess what it's all about being pressed and zoom, focus, lock in and let's have a blast, rip the cover off the ball, stay together, and really we just need to play liberty softball. We're not gonna look to the past. So it's just so fun to play. They love to play. I really don't have to say too much when you know you're doing a good job coaching, when you know you don't have to be the one that's inspiring them because their motivation and inspiration is coming from within. So they're going to trust the Lord. They're going to give it to him, and let's honor him and always say in too, go Plames and go God.
Speaker 1: Right doctor coach, not Richardson, Like I feel like I've been in the tent.
Speaker 2: Is it too late for us to play for her? I know if I'm saying like I'm ready, I'm ready right now. Hey.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys stay healthy and I hope you play hard and you're fulfilled.
Speaker 2: And that was amazing. I'm rooting for you guys.
Speaker 1: So hopefully at the end of the weekend, I don't know, we're we're going to see in Oklahoma City. I'll be there, You'll be there while I'll be there. That's the goal. Thanks for your time, Coach. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. God bless you guys, and good Flames.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, coach by The NBA Playoffs are here.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of it and has gotten crazy, insane buzzer beaters, big dunks.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 1: Draftking sports Book, an official betting partner of the NBA, is giving you a chance to boost your winnings with an NBA profit boost every single game. Download the Draft King sports Book app. Use the code Bobby Sports one word Bobby Sports. That's the code Bobby Sports to get your profit boosts for every NBA Playoff game only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown as yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven to seven eight hope and wyre Tex op and wy that's for six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help us available for problem gambling. Call it at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven of business EZPG do or please play responsibly on behalf of bou Hill Casino in Resort, Kansas, Twitter one plus age and eligibility bearers by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Get one NBA profit boosts per game after opt in boost expires the end of each game. Boost bet criteria and maximum bet limits vary see terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash promos.
Speaker 1: So while we're doing the show so early this morning, is as soon as the radio show is over, I gonna fly to Fatville because they moved the game because of weather. It's not like a baseball game where they can just rescheduled later. It's super Regionals. So if they win this best of three, they go to the College World Series, which they've never done before.
Speaker 2: They moved the game to eleven AM and it was supposed to be win seven pm. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So as soon as the show's over, I gotta go because I gotta get to Fareeville and go to the game.
Speaker 5: Dude, teams crack like cram when it comes to that, Like it's just like, oh crap, well, I mean I was, We're gonna do other things in practice now at first seven o'clock game. Now it's eleven. We're not ready at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: That's not what you said. What I said, your fantasy. I didn't say that slip there, did you did you did?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, so day of not a lot of practicing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yes, a note like DJ who's the hitting coach at Arkansas, is just going through game tape when I'm there. If he's got a game the next date, it's what he's doing all night, making charts and grafts and watching tape.
Speaker 2: So day of it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: It just changes the schedule when they got to wake up, when they eat, when they go. So but we're gonna go and do that. Hopefully they'll have decent enough weather to play. But yeah, that's why we did the show extra early. It's not affecting you guys at all that are listening to it, but you get good seats.
Speaker 2: We don't really sit in seats.
Speaker 1: We're there to go out in the outfield because they have young kids that want to run around, or we go up into the coach's box and watch from up there.
Speaker 2: It just depends. If it's raining, we'll be in the coach's box. They've got food in there and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not great food. What do you mean, No, it's not full concession. Oh even in the stadium, it's not full full concession. Okay, but yeah, so we're gonna go do that. I hope everybody has a great weekend. Anything I'm forgetting Mike, anything I'm not doing I think We're all good. We did NFL, we did college. The Knicks and Pacers play tonight. That was a crazy ending, by the way.
Speaker 2: Crazy ending. I thought it was over. So did Halliburton. Well, I thought he did the choke a little too early, little to earlier, foot was on the line. Dude, do you like him?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I really can't tell. Dude, I can't tell because, like, I want to like him. But then I think what got me was of the post interview after that game. They were asking like, oh, you did the choke sign, and he like just said yeah, I didn't really want to do it. They kind of made me do it, and then so I had just decided.
Speaker 2: To do it, and I'm like, yeah, make him do it. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Just own it like you did it because you thought you won and your foot wasn't on the line and you had to go to overtime, and that could have been really bad.
Speaker 2: It could have been, but it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't, dude, And I'm so glad that it wasn't, because as soon as he did it and they and I didn't, the score didn't change. The score only tied up the game. And we're like, Oh, that's weird. Why is it only tied? Then they showed the replay and like, oh no, this is not good.
Speaker 1: They asked Rick Carlyle what he thought about Halliburton doing the choking, and he goes, you know what, he deserves to do what ever he wants.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought that's a pretty good answer by a coach who probably was like I wouldn't have done.
Speaker 2: That, but yeah, the choke because it's a regimeil.
Speaker 1: It's a regiment which, by the way, the Pacers end up losing that series to the Knicks back in the day. Yea, even after he did the choke. But it wasn't Oman who Reggie was there. I think he was part of the broadcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of the analyst guys.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I was like, oh no, but you know, like just say like yeah, man, no, I mean just him doing it that early when they didn't win the game, I know, but honestly, I thought it was the buzzer beater. I thought they won the game. Yeah, but just like he did, it was awesome. So I guess I'm rooting for the Pacers in that series. Do you like Haliburton? I think if he to me is pat bev not how they play. But if he's on your team, you freaking love him. Yeah, And if he's not, you're probably so annoyed by him you secretly punch him in the nuts when you're when you're yeah, yeah, when you're like, you pinch him a little bit in the back whenever. It so, Yeah, he's fine. I like the Pacer, I really do. I mean, I think it helped that we went to the Pacers and they let us for sure.
Speaker 2: It helped with Miles Turner for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I roote for him big time. Yeah, even though it was a longhorn, it's true. Oh yeah, yeah, forgot every kind of a long horn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys have a great weekend. Thank you for listening. Thanks to Coach dot Richardson. Hopefully, just like this last time, when we come back and we do a show next week, the first show of the week, I'm like, We're going to the College World Series, because that'd be freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: It'd be the first time ever Arkansas has done it.
Speaker 1: You guys have a great weekend. I hope it's a long one. I hope you have a great Memorial Day. I hope you take a minute and remember what Memorial Day is all about. And then I hope you spend a lot of time with your family and friends, and really I hope it's a special one. So thank you and we will see you guys next week. All right blow Eddie, oh seven o'clock Eddy?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right by everybody?
Speaker 1: Theme song written by Bobby Bones, That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon and Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bones Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at, producer Reddie, Segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro.
Speaker 2: But most importantly, thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time. Here on twenty five whistles