Speaker 1: I'm gonna pin your verty yo, so I can see you.
Speaker 2: I'll do the same, do the same for you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pay your veratyo.
Speaker 2: So see, this has to be a part of it. Why like that in your video song.
Speaker 1: So to see you? Okay, I'm gonna start now, Okay, Jordan's I think.
Speaker 2: We already have started.
Speaker 1: We need a bigger, more formal.
Speaker 2: Why they need a formal, bigger I mean they were like people listen to me formerly, Sir David Attenborough was listening, bitch.
Speaker 1: It's not rig I'm not trying to marry my seven daughters. I'm just trying to have people listen and like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, what's up?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Welcome to Adulting. I'm your host, Michelle Byte.
Speaker 2: And I'm Jordan Carlos, your co from GO. So good to see you today, Michelle, So good to be bred.
Speaker 1: Look, I love that interest so much. So form it's formal. It's a formal podcast. Introcy, I noticed that you have khaki shorts on today, bro, I mean a medium king in khaki shorts. Where's the fishing trip?
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 1: What kind of sandwiches can I bring? Do you like the smoke Matzarell. Should I cut the crust off?
Speaker 2: Do you want a white cloth? Khaki?
Speaker 1: They're not khaki? What are they?
Speaker 2: She's doing it? Yes and go. They're just a nice London short. It's like, actually it's not No, it's a chambre. It's chambre.
Speaker 1: Shut you chambre the fuck up.
Speaker 2: I just you were staining momentum and everyone was like, it's going so well, but they're actually I know, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love a chambre. Now are you going on a safari trip in Brooklyn, nytime soon?
Speaker 2: Or No? I'm not. No, I'm not hot.
Speaker 1: It's hot. It's hot. It's hot. We've been waiting for it. We've been waiting for it. Would you questions? We have a really good show. We have a really great Friendolona Blazer coming up. Okay, we'll get to it in a minute. I have a question. So would you ever wear like a linen onesie, like a linen overall? Are you that kind of Brooklyn dad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I haven't bought clothes in probably four or five years, I know. So if they showed up then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they should, I don't know, I might buy you something. Now, would you ever do a tank top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting there at the tank see, I know, I know, I mean, I'm getting there. Things are going well, working out, body snatched. So I'm like, do you I do you want in August? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a wop summer for Jordan Carlos everyone. That was pretty fucking gross. And I said this is that was the second F word. That was the second F word, like within seconds. But it's the heat. It does stuff to you. No heat, Oh my goodness, the heat. I feel like everywhere I go is lord of the flies, the parking lot, the whole foods.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a healthy New York sweat going on, you know, so you can take your two showers things like that. How many showers do you take in New York summer?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, definitely two or three. Sometimes I just get the hot spots, you know what I mean, as if it's like the walk of shame, you know. But I do love a shower, cold water, baby oil let that just sink in while your just get's a little bit wet. No big deal. I was meeting a friend for coffee the other day, just kidding. This is a made up story, but she was like, what are you gonna wear? And I'm like, deodorant, bitch, Okay, that's what I'm wearing because and you know, you don't have to get something with aluminium, but you just don't put lemon juice under there.
Speaker 2: Just do something Aluminum is bad. That gives you Alzheimer's.
Speaker 1: I said, don't do it. You did see I don't do it? There I go, there, I go. Now like this is the game of telephone.
Speaker 2: This is my moment.
Speaker 1: I think, especially in a place like New York, you have to really plan out your outfits because you might be just walking around. You need to like have a change of clothes.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm actually going swimming later.
Speaker 1: Okay, black boy Joy, you bet an tell the black girl Magice what you doing. Are you gonna go ride a horse and apple picking afterwards? I mean, are you gonna go find a canvas and paint with your fingers?
Speaker 2: I may? This is all about Black Joy And I'm going swimming today. Dad's going swimming, all right.
Speaker 1: And when you're kids swimming, hell.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna enjoy myself. I took my kids swimming all weekend long and too. Yeah, the paddling the k K k k K kick, yeah, k k k k kick. You know, yes, that was so stressful and now Dad gets to swim, Dad gets to make a dive, an awkward dive.
Speaker 1: I love this for you, and you know what, I'm going to share a picture when this episode drops of you swimming in Greece because you already enjoy stuff like you will you even enjoy like a government mac and cheese, like you just enjoy things. You're just happy to be there. But like when you have time to yourself, the smile is from like north to south east, so what your smile is from the rooted to the tudor like it is out. So I love this for you. I want some too. I was tong ki the other day. Can I just take five minutes to touch my fucking toes? It's a lot of fucks. I'm so sorry everyone, but here the fuck we are here?
Speaker 2: You went swimming other at your house and the waters yeah.
Speaker 1: So we have a little ocean in the back of you. We dip a toast, very cold, stale, and the horseshoe crabs are out, so it does feel like I'm swimming with dinosaurs. And so you know, the kids enjoy the nature I'm like, can we get a pool with no sand? Sometimes because even sitting like in the garden area of a restaurant is like camping for me, where I'm like, I don't know what's gonna fly over here. And my son Otis is like a cat, you know, like he'll just bring in stuff from outside and present it to me. And he put a snail on me, and I was like, fuck, thank you, and you put on you He put a snail on me. He's like, here you go, Mama. I'm like, do you like me? But it was very sweet. He talked about the snail for thirty minutes. All this to say, we did go swimming. So much negotiating, so much talking, so much rule making, so much sunblock. Right, nobody had a blowout in the water. That's a good time. Also, they sleep better, which I love. Also, I took him to the Brooklyn Children's Museum. Oh my gosh, on a Saturday. I just got to do stuff with them. Do you know what I mean? I can't twins. It's an automatic daycare class.
Speaker 2: I love the Brooklyn Children's Museum. You can only go there on the hottest day of the year only It's only open on the hottest day of the year. That's it. It's like because there's like no trees around there, it's just baking. I'm baking that place. But it's great.
Speaker 1: It's giving a forty days, forty nights five, he's giving first testament. Whoo chaw, what's the net basket? Let's just notsch on it. I don't even eat pork. But if there's like a non coach or hot dog, I'm like, throw it at my face.
Speaker 2: I'm hungry. How is the line for the bus? You know how there's like that little bush.
Speaker 1: Oh Jordan, let me tell you you guys. Broken Children's Museum adorable. They have a bunch of New York things that it was really educational. They have a vespa next to like the pizza parlor. They have a Caribbean Day Parade room. They have a New York City bus, and my son loves to drive the bus. There's a big old wheel and you can sit on the bus. You be a passenger, you can drive. There's always a line of two to five year old boys that don't know how to wait in the line and waiting for the bus, and their parents are always on the phone, and I'm like, get off Instagram. This is when you're supposed to be parenting. And so my Otis is very sweet and polite, and plus you know, I'm a black mom in public. I'm like, what you're not going to do is, but I can't be parenting everybody's kids. You gotta do that, buss. There's no cell phone surface in the museum. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I know, what is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know? But this other kid was very polite like Otis, and they just kept getting jumped and it was the kid's turn and I said, Otis, wait your turn, he's got to go. It was just a bunch of coopers and tailors and Brendan's no offense everyone, and I was like, I just I'm already like I can't like if somebody was going to be named Brett, I was like, get out of here and.
Speaker 2: Sut up.
Speaker 1: I know, just a bunch of tailors. And she said thank you for that, and I said, look, the last thing I want to do is add any more male toxicity to this planet. She just looked at me like I needed a snack. And I was like, I'm good, I'm good. I'm just letting you know what I'm doing, Like I have no time to waste. I also needed a nosh, you know how I sometimes the blood sugar.
Speaker 2: The water part is nice, the water part where it's like the kids are.
Speaker 1: Like, well, yeah, the water goes down and look at it go. Yeah, there's this little water pool where you can have like little plastic crabs and see life in there. But there's a water gun and there's only one. Yeah, and so there's usually a long line for that, and so Otis had to wait his turn again, damn. And it was the Brooklyn Chose Museum was just a lesson in waiting which gets.
Speaker 2: Them ready for life in New York. You know what I'm saying. When they want that corona, that black Sea bagel, that whatever it is, see, it really does get you ready. Lue Collie Pizza. It's gonna be a way, you guys.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about. It's always half full with him, It's always it's always half full. You know, when you have that positive friend, when they're just like, I have to complain about something, you got to sit down and listen because they've just been like bubbling up and so you gotta let them get it out.
Speaker 2: Oh, New York has made me a glass half full of acid kind of person. It's so terrible. No, you want me to tell you what I did, which is like I hit the bottom of the barrel last weekend. Last weekend, my wife was in Mexico. Good for her. Do it? Go to Mexico girl, get that brice, do you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I was holding down the fort as I should, but there's no rest for the weary. My kids we go to like a little school gathering right in Prospect Park by the lagoon. My kids will not interact with the other kids. They're like, I want to do the paddles, pedal blets, jackhammer, get paddles, paddle bots. I'm like, all right, right after an hour, we go out in the paddle blets. Nobody else wants to do it. It's the hottest moment of a very hot day. Plastic just like searing my flesh. So we get on on the boats. My children are of no help because they have little t rex legs that are not helping at all. So I'm the one paddle.
Speaker 1: The boat over and okay, Morgan Freeman and driving Miss Daisy go on. I'm listening.
Speaker 2: I look out in the water. I looked at the right and I was like, wow, that wallet looks like my wallet. What's it doing out in the water? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Oh my god. So your boy went for a dip, Michelle, your boy went for dip. And let me tell you something. That wallet went down. It went down, down, down into the reeds. Right. And so now I am in the Prospect parkon no to my chest in are.
Speaker 1: You like an outis shape aquaman? Just at the Prospect Park? This is so if I would have seen you die for your wallet in the Prospect but I would have been like with security, see to say something, see something, I wouldn't you know, you gotta get one of those sticks.
Speaker 2: Oh do I that's what I gotta do. You got notes? I the truth?
Speaker 1: I am not a few good men?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 1: So wait your pat Wait you're paddle boating with your kids and your wallet comes out.
Speaker 2: In the water. Absolutely why not? Why not? So I quilt a lace of obscenities.
Speaker 1: Wait did you have your keys?
Speaker 2: Did you? My phone was like how about it? And like tried to get out too, and I was like fuck no, So I put that to the side. I was out there. I was out there, and then they offered me a paddle I almost flapped that out of the man's hands, but I took it anyway. And then I'm searching now and just it's muck. It's Meyer. I didn't really know the difference, but there's a difference. It's like muck Meyer, reeds, condoms, bottles, Jimmy Hoffa's head, like all the shit. And so I finally, ye, finally, after ten minutes, because I don't give up, pup, I get my wallet and I bring it out of the water like god like EXCaliber, right, and so I then almost throw it on the boat, but I was like, gently set it down because I didn't. I want want to model good behavior for my children. And then, oh my god, and then this very old lady that operated the paddle boats goes in all my years in the paddle boats, I never shot anybody. Get the wallet back. I was like, well, I don't give them. I don't give up.
Speaker 1: And you know what my sons, my god, was this the ghost of Jessica Candy.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sho. You know what my son said to me after that? What can we keep going? Now?
Speaker 1: Malcolm? We need to take a beat. Malcolm. He's like, did you do what you had to do? Malcolm, No, oh, Jordans, what did you drink when you went home?
Speaker 2: All of it? I was just so.
Speaker 1: Tired, a little, a little what are you like.
Speaker 2: A darkened storm? Because that's my personality. But I was like this, it just made me so upset. Yo, that's my alter.
Speaker 1: You go, that's wild. Even if you are not alone with the kids, that's wild. If you're just by yourself, that is wild. Period.
Speaker 2: No, And you know here's the rough part. It's the lady that operated the paddle bulls was like, maybe put your wallet da da da da aside because nine times out of ten while it's come out, there's no warnings like that. In New York, you're on your own usual. So remember I told you the story about my phone falling into the subway tracks and me going to get it. This was worse. Yes, me diving, No, putting my face into the waters. Was just like, yeah, well, I'm thinking, like I probably have a good five years to live and get my things in order before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a tennis shot, take some vitamin D, get a tennis shot. Maybe you'll be like Will Smith in every movie where he's like the only one on earth, you know what I mean? Like maybe it'll give you like a superpower, like don't go slapping Chris Rock or Tony Rock or Jordan Rock. But like definitely, you know, keep my family's name at your mouf and you know, yes, I mean yeah, dude, that's wild. Yeah, yeah, I'm glad you remembered, because honestly, I've had moments with children in public, but I black it out immediately, Like as you're telling me the story, I'm really forgetting as I think that's the only way. Yeah, I think it's the only way you get through.
Speaker 2: I mean yes, but like it's like forgive, but don't forget their names.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Just like, oh my god, all right, Arianna Stark, dang.
Speaker 1: Let me not piss you off. I didn't know you were such a fighter.
Speaker 2: I'm a scrappy little dude.
Speaker 1: I really like I would have had a moment where I'm just like, what's in the wallet?
Speaker 2: Also, where's the net? Where's the net? New York?
Speaker 1: You know, like, yeah, there should be a net.
Speaker 2: Net one fucking swimming pool net.
Speaker 1: You should be net. We went for my birthday one year. My husband took us on a kayaking trip on the Hudson River. Which is talk about where you hide the bodies, talk about sleeping with the fishes. If you're picking up one, I'm laying dang gang Joe Peshi. This one was but you and oh my god, I've never sounded like an auntie from Jersey before until now. When are we going to? Whah wah? I got a hankering for a hooking And you know, there was a lot of chop in the Hudson, but they tell you right away put all your shit in a plastic.
Speaker 2: Bag, right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I'm so glad you're gonna go swimming. You deserve Yeah, I feel like it. Also, this is very adult. I love that your wife took a trip without you and the family.
Speaker 2: She had a little bit case. She went down to Mexico to meet our new niece, Keani and very cute, beautiful name, little baby, and yeah, she wanted to do that, and I was like, right, so that, as they say, was that, And I'm so glad we were able to swing it. She needed a break because I've been working really really hard and her covering the bases and everything like that has not been easy and it's been a real tax on her. So yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to be your mind reader, but it's important to recognize when you're partner needs a break. Yeah, if you're gonna be playing, let's say, here we go with Michelle's examples a soccer game and you're looking at your goalie or you're looking at your defense and you're just like, oh, they're not going to let me know. They're just gonna be a team player. You have to make the decision and be like, you need to sit down, go take a break, go have a gatorade. And you know, I love that. Elina's like I need a gatorade and you're like, bye bye.
Speaker 2: She needed a gatorade in Mexico. Yeah, I gotta go get it in Mexico. She has so much fun. I cannot advertise this town enough. It's called sam Poncho, which is just north of Guadalajara. It's a nice surf spot. You get the surf fiando going. So she just got to do all the things.
Speaker 1: Does your wife surf?
Speaker 2: She can surf. Yeah, she's a good surfer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw her water ski yes in Greece. Yes, I mean for like more than three minutes.
Speaker 2: She could do it all day.
Speaker 1: She was going and I was like, what in the eighties movie with Michael J. Fox is going on? She was the hot one in a red bikini. I was like, go go yeah, do you know what I mean? Like, I'm just like barely jumping in the water, trying not to get my hair wet, my vacation hair, and y'all are out here doing the most with all the machines in the water. It was very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pass the hand twirl. It's crazy. She's like a juicy fru commercial.
Speaker 1: I like to see. I'm a double man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, double double your excitement, no single gun, double freshens your mouth, like yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thank you so much because I have twins. But I really enjoy seeing people enjoy themselves. Like I'm definitely a grandma that way, where I don't need to eat the fried chicken, but I want to make it and watch everybody eat. Like that's where I find joy.
Speaker 2: You can make a great grandma. Look, you're gonna make a great great grandma'nna do I know.
Speaker 1: I always call myself Puerto Rican grandma because honestly, UH don't even know what that means. But I'm very excited for you that you don't have to go in that water anymore. I think it's also really important for not only like you don't have to be a parent to be like I'm tired, I need to break whoever the fuck you is and you feel like you need one. Stop talking about it. Go get your koochie wax, open them legs up, put a mask on, open your legs up, get that kuci whatever you need to do. My second, I have a friend who's been talking about getting her Kuchi wax for three years.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, bitch, Oh no, is it me? I can't remember? Alright? We got to get onto our guests, don't we do? We? We do?
Speaker 1: This was fun? What a fun catch up for me and only me.
Speaker 2: It was fun for me too. I have been walking around with that inside me for so long and only like my kids now and a couple of parents, and it's like now the world knows.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. I just I wish there was like an animation of like our stories.
Speaker 2: Make it so exactly right media. I want it. I want.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am sorry, I am so sorry. Well, thank you for your service, thoughts and prayers. Let's get on you guys. We have a very exciting show with a friend, a boss, an activist. She is my most favorite person and she's a broken mama, just like what I used to be there with the Brox started from the bottom. Now we hear Alana Laser.
Speaker 5: Oh love it so much, Alana Michelle, and shut up.
Speaker 6: Suela Latina. But's so catholic. I've been confirmed seven times in Michelle's mind.
Speaker 1: Muddy. I just feel like once you have been in New York City for so long, Oh my god, doing the comedy thing. We are all Puerto Rican and Dominican. We are all in the height. It is all heightened. We are all The west side story is US and we are the west. No one's got a East side story.
Speaker 2: No, oh yeah, there's no East side story because it's boring. Yeah, good architecture, though, there's so much going.
Speaker 7: On the West Side, and you're looking at Jersey. You're wondering should I be here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you had to, would you be able to swim the Hudson from West New York to Jersey.
Speaker 6: I'd rather swim than drive.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I's almost parted.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know what scenario would you have to swim across the Hudson like that.
Speaker 6: Oh, Jordan, you know the scenario one.
Speaker 8: We're all.
Speaker 6: All day every day. If you saw the Batman you might know.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, just some terror, some.
Speaker 6: Apocalyptic, half natural half.
Speaker 2: Terror, horror, some new horror.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some new horror. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that a little Yeah, that's a little one. Isn't nap time?
Speaker 6: No, she's having.
Speaker 7: Something this uh these past couple of days of like a little haw, I'm not interested in food so much, and she's normally such a good eater, so I don't know she's like.
Speaker 6: So she's just struggling in general.
Speaker 1: Oh is it teeth?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, teeth is a big thing now and almost a.
Speaker 1: Year eleven months, yeah, oh my goodness. You know, I remember my nanny when the kids were almost one. She would pretend to walk with them and like crawl with them as if she was like walking behind them, and she would like even make noises like I'm walking, I'm walking. And I'm like, I don't pay you enough to train them to walk, ma'am. Wow, And she got Hazel walking in ten months.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: She asked me, when do you want them to learn how to read what in the monossory?
Speaker 2: And a little is going.
Speaker 1: On damn every time something like if it was drool or whatever it was. She was their interpreter. She knew exactly what it was. Wow, So what's baby doing now? Chewing on lots of stuff, chewing on stuff. She's danging on talks and pants with a windspoon.
Speaker 6: She's so impressive. She loves like music and just bangs stuff together and she's like that's an instrument. I'm like it is. And she's getting there with walking. Oh my god, is that incredible about your nanny?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's getting there. She pulls herself up. She pivots and stuffs and pivots and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And she's also like, you know, babbling with intention.
Speaker 7: She's saying ship and it's like me the way it's like dream language.
Speaker 6: She's like mean by It's like whoa.
Speaker 1: They do that until eighteen and then it stops.
Speaker 2: It dies off.
Speaker 1: My little cousins, I'm like, was that even a sad or? Are you just like scatting?
Speaker 6: It's like TikTok speak. They're like, don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like usually at that age they're making a list of things that they want to grab, like in their head. They you're like taking them around, They're like, Okay, gonna need to grab that, pull that down, and then you're reaching there, get that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I love to grab stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm just always like handing her stuff and then she's like a.
Speaker 6: Part of the moment whatever it is. Wow, look at the underside on the top side, on the side side.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about spending time with our kids, the mishaps. It's also like taking your kids in public is so different because then you have to be around other people that parent, and you don't know if they're get a parent well so weird, and you have to put up with that, and it's like there's this.
Speaker 7: Thing of like no judgment, I don't judge, no judgment, and it's like, of course I'm fucking judging.
Speaker 6: You love to make I have.
Speaker 7: To make sense of the world, you know what I mean, Like we're all judging each other's parenting.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah I am. Yeah, I just really judge myself no, because it's also like what am I getting into? It's protection because then you know, one of the times I took the kids to a museum in Rye, New York, and this kid just grabbed this tool that Hazel was playing, right out of her hands, and the dad didn't say anything, was on the phone and I saw Ki the husband, ooh, he got hot. He started biting his lower lip. I know that bite. And then and then he goes he taps the guy on the shoulder. He goes, excuse me, I said, what in the white male? Oh yo? I say, you can't touch people, he said, but I have to talk to him. Oh my god, like not even at the customer service at Target.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hood spat on ice. I'll tell you, I dream of it one day and always like, you have to watch your kid. And I'm like, we can't tell parents how to parent, Like we just have to explain to Hazel why this is wrong right always.
Speaker 2: But my takeaway from that story is it is important to pack a white person. That happened to me in the Berkshires. It was like we were waiting this place I was asking for. This is gonna be the worst story. We were waiting for our table at a place called the Prairie Whale. And then so my kid is like playing bean bags and then this other kid like takes a bean bag and like chucks it, and then my kid is upset. And then I kind of like figure out what's going on. I was like, what's going on here? Don't do that, da, and like it's not right to do that. And then the dad goes, well, you know, we're gonna have to work on his apologies and things like that. It's like this dad saying we're gonna have to work on his apologies. And then my wife took all the bean belt boy and through them like just at least twenty thirty yards and was like, how about that? How about now?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: I could never That's like the great thing about having a white partner because they get to do everything that you can't.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna if we're gonna talk about it, If we're gonna talk about it, do you guys tell them like do this you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Or do they just go off?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Oh Jordan does like he did it in Greece. He was just like, you go ask for that table because you know they'll listen. They'll listen to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have to tell christ He'll just go up and do it. Oh my god, you activated, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You tell them like if we're okay, let's say we're like ditting ding ding ding ding upstate.
Speaker 6: It's confidence.
Speaker 2: If we're at the Price Chopper upstate and we're lost, I'm like, you better go out there and ask I got you. Don't worry, I got your back, But get asked them all right, because who knows where they're leading me? So yeah, it's tough. Yeah, it's tough. You know.
Speaker 7: It's like when you get married, you're like sort of investing in a different level of a thing.
Speaker 1: So that's a different level of a thing, you know what. And it's not taught in any class. Has that been to two universities and never saw that as a class? You know? Just this is why we love adulting because it's just shit that no one would ever tell you. So we were talking about parenting and public very different because when you're on display, on display, it Craig, can.
Speaker 2: I ask a question. Let's do a little water displacement, y'all displace things. You're both hot celebreties out in this world and you're at the playground as a word, at the PG, do you have people come to you and want to be friends with you, like parents trying to be like what's up? Like, you know, like it's happening. Does that happen? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. He got so excited that, like your mic was like, I can't handle this black boy joy enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to tell you how thirsty I was to make playground buddies with Oscar Isaac.
Speaker 6: That's a playground.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, a thick, hairy loaf of playground buddy.
Speaker 6: Tell me about the slice you got?
Speaker 1: Yum me.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be in Dune two with him. And then well, okay, anyway, so our kids are playing and I was like, this is the moment, dude. You know but Oscar Isaac is not paying attention to our kids playing and being friends. So I like climb the same big toy that the kids are on and I was like, oh, no, you're that dad. You'll notice Oscar.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's so funny. I get it.
Speaker 1: This is what I love about you, guys and friends not only in the business, but have children around the same age. Whenever a life thing happens, your goal shift, your life is different, something like what a huge shift when we got the twin Bubbas where I was like, oh, I'm only fucking with parents who who are good people who get it and also, don't judge a bitch for taking edibles and having kids and we're just having a good time. And so I just have to talk about the Halloween party for two point two because you guys, you guys only child over here, and I had this Halloween party that I love that I feel like I'm making my own holiday.
Speaker 6: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. It was a family themed costume party that y'all came to. Yes, you guys, bleue it out the water. Will you please tell us how you dressed your family up?
Speaker 2: Oh good question. Do you want to start? I wanna?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I like to barely have celebrated Halloween beyond my childhood.
Speaker 6: This was truly my dream, like a.
Speaker 7: Day party with day drinking, day, gummies, day whatever and the kiddos.
Speaker 6: Was just my dream. And it was heaven. That party was heaven, Michelle. I just wanted to say, So.
Speaker 7: My baby was like four months old in the thick of breastfeeding, so I was feeling like a real cow at the time. So I dressed as a cow. I dressed my baby as a cowboy and my husband as a milkmaid.
Speaker 2: Why you were dressed? Why she dress so good?
Speaker 6: Because I was like, I'm literally am a cow right now.
Speaker 2: It looks great. You look like a beautiful vash hollandaise.
Speaker 1: It's a dojo cat song. Bish, I'm a cow, Yes, that's right. I don't say meow move bish, get out my way.
Speaker 6: Yeah you did it. That would have been a great song to roll into.
Speaker 1: Ah ah next time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I think we were one hundred and one Dalmatians. We were pungoin party and then the kids. My son was definitely that kind of misogynistic man that owned the dogs who hated Corella. My daughter was Krela because she loves Krella and she's like, we need to look at Kerrella differently. Krella is not the villain that you make her out to be. She's childless.
Speaker 1: Oh his daughter is like aoc at the playground and she got to wear a red lipstick, so I know she loves the statement land Oh that was fun.
Speaker 6: Wow, I love that perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a feeling because she has no kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have to look at Kruella differently. It's important that we do. We got to talk about this, guys.
Speaker 1: We need to stick up for the people that can't stick up for themselves.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: I can't even remember what we were.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: Oh, Wizard of Oz. You're right, of Oz.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right. That was mind blowingly beautiful. Oh my god, your family.
Speaker 1: It was very fun. And those are the kind of times I want to have because I grew up going to Caribbean parties where everybody had fun, the kids, the adults, the teenagers. There was enough food and drink for everybody. And that's the kind of experience I want to, you know, give to my kids and my friends, my chosen family.
Speaker 2: By the end of the night, everybody was doing like the electric slide, they were doing the Chacha slide. Kids were screaming for their parents to like leave, and their parents are like, I don't hear you. I don't care, and I don't hear you. I'm not here, free as fuck, and we are dancing and romantic. It was nuts, and I was like, we have to eventually go home because my children were just like they're so routine oriented. They're just like, what's happening, mom? And dad snapped their cap, you know, so like it was so much fun and we were about to meet like mutiny against our own children. Do you remember that? I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're definitely gonna do it again this year. But the minute the sun went down and Bell biv Devaux went on, Yes, it was like prom all over again. It was real fun. I think all the kids were just asleep on the couch watching cocomelon. There were so many games from Candy all over the couch. I was like, whatever, And you know, this is a very adult thing that nobody told me that. I had to figure out. When you have a party the next day, you should book some cleaning to come through it so you're not stuck, hung over, tired, cleaning with dirty feet.
Speaker 2: I do that thing where I half heartedly and I admit it's half hearted, but you're getting half of my heart where I'm like, do you want me to clean the thing? And then you don't mean it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I love that your wife is just like Jordan get the back like, she gets it done. She will clean up. She's like, I don't know where it went, so I put it here. I'm like, it looks good there.
Speaker 6: She's a badass.
Speaker 1: She's a badass.
Speaker 2: She is she is. It's a terror, but I need to learn how to deal with that. You know what I'm saying. I need to put my arms around it, not my head around it. Now, if that's your rules, you have those party rules, and I've learned those from you, Michelle, which is an adult, brings vine preferably rose, and then helps to clean up at the end.
Speaker 1: Not all the time, not all the time. But you can't just keep coming off and not doing nothing, you know what I mean? Yeah, And then I mean A huge peppyeve of mine is when people go into like the fruit bowl, the shit does not even on the menu. It's like, why are you eating up all the good snacks for the week? You know that was not on this plank.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not a grocery store.
Speaker 1: Like you open multiple doors to find it. And I won't always have enough snacks for the party, So why you gotta come for like the organic treats? But take care, but listen, I also have to be more open minded.
Speaker 7: I guess it takes so much work to make a huge party for everybody, and they're going into your groceries. It's I think that's a that's a I think that's a healthy boundary to have.
Speaker 2: Wait, Elana, do you have to ask you this Alana, I have to ask you. So you said eleven months old, so your daughter's first trip around the sun is coming. What you're gonna do is bounce you in your future likes Jimberree in your future, Like what's what's you going to do?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, bounce you or Jimberree.
Speaker 7: That's kind of about like a blow up house or something maybe, But we are getting.
Speaker 6: A house out east and having the grandparents out, like when Michelle talks about like having a big.
Speaker 7: Caribbean party as a child and everybody's like dancing, like we did not have that. We had like quiet Jewish holidays that you know, I don't know ended you could hear spoons on plates, you know what I mean. That's like the kind of parties we had. So that's why I go to that party and I'm like, oh my a day party and I'm losing my mind. And I also honestly ideal for me because I'm like six o'clock.
Speaker 6: With my.
Speaker 2: Oh big time.
Speaker 7: Our only plan is just to be at this house with the grandparents.
Speaker 6: I should let her have cake, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, Marie Antoinette, absolutely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, maybe all of it, don't the bouncy house, like to crawl on a bouncy house. It doesn't it doesn't make sense yet, but that's all I will do.
Speaker 1: I think, Oh, I love that, and also like celebrate you guys, we were just saying before as well, you got to give your partner a time out. I mean partners need to chill, right, not just even parents. It's just like the day to day, you know, crawling out of a quarantine. Like we need to give each other to And I think we're all workaholics here and we love work. It feeds my soul. But you know what feeds my soul to a spot.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was just gonna say, a massage. That's the thing.
Speaker 7: If I can get the massage in, if I could do it weekly, I'm like, such a better person.
Speaker 2: You do a massage weekly?
Speaker 6: No, but that's what I go for.
Speaker 7: And if I get it even a few weeks in a row, I'm like, this is what I do when I do.
Speaker 2: This this scene.
Speaker 6: You know, it's like if I could get into a.
Speaker 7: Little routine rather than once a quarter or some.
Speaker 2: Trip, I feel you I need to stop being like I need to call it like a curated moment for myself because I have a lot of like Christian guilt, and I'll be like, oh, I'm being selfish, Like for instance, I know, like this morning I went to the park and there were some awful people there, some people that I've already talked to before, and I just don't like talking to them. So I was like, you know what, Buddy Be and my dog, We're gonna got to the pier instead. We're just gonna do this because usually, And then I felt guilt. I was like, man, you know, who knows? Who knows when you'll see those people again? I was like, what is the matter with me? But I feel like who cares?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Hope no cares? Your Yeah, who cares.
Speaker 7: If they honestly if they suddenly left? Have we even remember and think of those people you don't like.
Speaker 1: I know these are people I don't like, and I have to pretend. I can't believe you still have hair in your head. I know, I can't believe you worried that much and still have a full head of hair. Thank god you have dimples, because I would feel like you're worried all the time.
Speaker 6: So what did you do?
Speaker 2: I went out to this beautiful pier that like you have a great view of Manhattan and just like, look at you, you glittering tim dress, and I went, yeah, yeah, oh you didn't talk to them.
Speaker 6: I was like, if you talk to them, Jordan's I'm gonna I don't know what, do something to change change your ways. But that's good. You just thought it. Yeah, I just thought it.
Speaker 1: It's funny being selfish. We think of it as a bad thing, right because we know a lot of cunts and people who are cunty, and people who always want to monopolize the conversation or your time or even micro dose your personality, whatever the fun, whatever the fuck people are doing. But I really have to start thinking of being selfish as like is it self preservation? Is that where I'm going? I just blacked out, Like I need help, I need to take where's my tambourine? Like I need to take care of myself because a lot of times, you know, between work, marriage, and twins, not necessarily in that order, my feet are always black. I feel like that chef at the end of any top chef, you know, moment where they're just running around the kitchen like get out of the point, like that's you know, I'm just like the nugget try that.
Speaker 7: You know, self preservation is not selfish for everyone, but if that's your level because you give so much, then that's like a good recontextualizing.
Speaker 2: To aim for. Okay, final kiss y'all for me, which is this so after party, so good, so funny, loving it. Love that you're on there with my homegirl, Genevieve as well Geneviev Vanilson. Yes, I hooked her up with their boyfriend Matchmaker. Matchmaker, make me a match, not a big deal.
Speaker 1: Just wondering, Oh god, you like mom.
Speaker 2: And plotting out here. I'm just wondering, Okay, Like what was it like to be a first time parent and work on a major project because before that you'd done Broad City when hadn't been parental.
Speaker 7: I was pregnant, I wasn't a parent, wow, and it was insane.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, hello.
Speaker 7: I felt like I was like the moon Man, the MTV Mean Man or whatever and everybody else on earth.
Speaker 6: I was like in a different.
Speaker 2: Like air it plays so well, but.
Speaker 7: I was bopping around and also I was vomiting all day talking about my running to the bathroom. I was like, hey, guys, a little it was like and also like it's such a weird thing, that type of nausea where I'm like, do I hate to take cure this?
Speaker 6: It was so bizarre. So I was like it was almost like I had a ghost no one could see, you know what I mean, where I was.
Speaker 7: Like talking and I was I was talking to my baby and my be was like you and it was pregnant and it was pre vaccine during COVID. So I was kind of losing my mind in a personal show.
Speaker 6: But in the professional way it was so much fun. And that was another thing. It was volatile because like I was like so sensitive and vulnerable in the personal way, but professionally it was so funny and fun.
Speaker 7: And that cast is saying Jennevie was so talented, but something was incredible.
Speaker 6: Chow Tiffany.
Speaker 3: How is Tiffany's.
Speaker 6: Universe in a room?
Speaker 1: You know she's a black uniforn Yeah, yeah, Ike, his name is Michael.
Speaker 6: It's so funny. It was fucking funny, but it was wild. I always think of.
Speaker 7: Michelle like, uh shooting, And because the twins thing is just like still mind blowing, I'm like it's like by the time they're like ten, you'll be like, yeah, yeah, I have on wins, but I'm like, it's so like amazing and miraculous and insane.
Speaker 8: So I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 6: And with like things coming up that I'm shooting, I'm like, oh, does everyone just hurt all day? Do mothers hurt all day?
Speaker 1: Do some people not?
Speaker 6: And they're like, I like kind of envy them and they're like thank.
Speaker 7: God, oh my god, stupid family whatever, But yeah, does.
Speaker 6: It just it just hurts all day?
Speaker 1: Kind of It's like this weird thing where I feel guilty if I'm not with them, and when I'm with them, I'm like, I got shit to do. Yeah, So like being pred in whatever moment I'm in is like reminding myself to work out and drink water. Like I was like, okay, just this is just what life is. Like, You're gonna have to wait in long lines, you're gonna be stuck in traffic, you have to remind yourself like you know, like that's just totally yeah, that's just what life is. But God, we are so mother fucking fortunate that we can.
Speaker 2: Just do it now.
Speaker 6: I know it's wild, you know, to.
Speaker 8: Be a mom. Now I'm like thank you and not like the I think of like confusion of the eighties and the suburbs and my mom and oh my god, like to.
Speaker 7: Be able to step outside and just see people and they'll be so isolated it's like oo and then all yeah, and comedy.
Speaker 6: Like we get to do not just work, but comedy. It's it's really yes, beyond it's beyond.
Speaker 2: Right. You also get to go out at night, which is something a lot of people don't get to do, ask for.
Speaker 1: I know, it really is wild, wild, and there's still so much work we still have to do, you know, but it's just so much better than it was even just twenty five short years ago. Speaking of work we have to do. Just kidding, We're going to keep you a little bit longer for ten more minutes and answer some questions from the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 6: I'm enjoying the hell out of this.
Speaker 2: We want you to get to pop Patrol. We want you to do it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna get to Cocoa melan. But we do have some questions that people have asked us, and we love to get your mother the fucking take first question, how do I break up with a friend? I've tried texting less declining hangouts. But it's been a few months and the text keep coming.
Speaker 2: Did you write this question about me? Michelle?
Speaker 1: Stop? No, this is interesting. This is the first question in here. Okay, we legit get this question all the time, all the time. Yeah, it's hard because you do grow apart. You do grow apart.
Speaker 7: The thing I had like a friend breakup that was super clear because I think it was the beginning of COVID and they were and like everybody's truth was coming to a head, and they like reached out to me and was like, I feel like we're not as close as we used to be, and they were more pursuance of our friendship enough. I was less, and I was, I guess in my own COVID truth. I was like straight up where I was like, yeah, I don't feel I feel like we've grown apart, and that makes sense because of how life has unfolded, and.
Speaker 6: That's okay with me. And it was hurtful because it's like I don't want to.
Speaker 7: Put the same effort into this that you do, right, But I also don't want to pretend to you that I find that like more disrespectful, you know.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 7: But I understand why people do it, because it's like it feels hard and yeah, maybe easier, although I like, is it because you're like it's every single time both people kind of know also, but I don't know. I wouldn't have instigated that unless somebody asked me. I would say, probably, I mean, this is so shitty, like okay, maybe it's more like act the way that you actually feel authentically, which is if not responding is.
Speaker 6: If you're like I can't respond to this, then don't and then if they want to talk about it, be honest.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm on the struggle bus with this one because sometimes it's very easy and clear cut, even if we're not on the same page, and other times it feels wild like I have my own version of this truth and then you have your own version and we can't even meet in the middle. So, you know, I've tried to break up with people and they're like, well, why would you do that? What do you mean? I don't see that it's And the answer is, I don't know. Maybe you can like write us back and give us more info, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say one thing, which is you need to first establish whether or not like and say to yourself and it's okay to become cite specific friends. Your friendship goes from like checking in on that person all the time to if you see them, you cannot wait to like learn catch up, see how they're doing. You're a fan of theirs. But life moves on, you know, And we have site specific friends all the time in this industry.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: The hair and makeup people that we love, right, the people different does.
Speaker 6: Work if they're asking for like real friendship.
Speaker 7: It's just like, why can't we treat friendship like we do romantic relationships, which we do in so many other ways. And it's like, sometimes you break up and then yes, you do check in on someone later when it's nothing. Also sometimes you get back together with somebody, but like, yeah, guys, we're getting.
Speaker 6: This question all the time. That's pretty interesting all the time.
Speaker 7: I think that's an interesting area for conversation is just break up. And it sucks when you break up with someone, you feel like an asshole. But it's also like doesn't make sense to go on and pretend that you're in love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just turring it along. Sometimes I just have like a big old party once a year where I get to just invite everybody, even the peripheral circle, and be like, Hi, nice to see you this one time, and goodbye. You know what I mean, because because it's not like I'm mad at you, it's just that we don't like I still want the best for you, but like we don't have anything in common anymore. Okay, let's go on to another question, because I feel like we're never going to figure that out. But I do appreciate you guys asking us. Ooh, this is a good question. When is the right time to argue and when's the right time to let it go? You guys, these are some deep relationship COVID questions. I feel like, damn, oh my.
Speaker 7: Gosh, I guess I mean, this is so an infuriating answer. But it depends, doesn't It depend?
Speaker 1: It does, and it's not just an adult diaper.
Speaker 2: Bottling up makes it worse, right, Bottling up makes it worse than you're trying to be two different people. Just make it messy. Say what you're gonna say, like a cosmic fart, better out than end, and the person will get over it. I am a classic avaiter. I do not like to argue.
Speaker 1: Michelle will tell you I know it's so annoying. I'm not even trying to argue. I'm just trying to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: If I were on trial, I would plead no contest. Even if like the person had done harm to me. I'd be like, I plead no contest.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, child, I don't to be honest for me when i go into not even an argument, but knowing that I'm gonna like lay my feelings out, especially if it was like one specific thing that has happened or multiple things, I make a list of pros and cons, like this is what I love about you, this is why this made me feel like I have to make a listen. I can remember it because I forget. Also, the right time to argue, okay, that is you know the time it's not on your way to something, and you know it's not in public. It's when you guys are at home, when you have private space to maybe raise your voice if you got to, definitely not in front of kids, that's my thing or family members. You better suck your own dick. The good time to let it go is that you know, if you are arguing in circle.
Speaker 2: You better suck your own dick.
Speaker 1: Talks me in front of your parents, in front of your family members, you better have a very flexible back so you can suck your own dick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you touched.
Speaker 1: So wouldn't the world be a better place if most of the men in the Senate can suck their own dick.
Speaker 6: So instead of each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those fines are going to have to be very flexible because there's a lot of mushroom dicks out there. Yeah, let me say this. I feel like you're totally right. There's one thing though, when it comes to when to argue. Yeah, sometimes if you can get a hold of your emojis and just like try to make it a healthy exchange of ideas and say like this upset me and just go to total like therapy talk with the other person, it'll keep things at like a cool temperature rather than discordant, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean, depend you're with But okay, okay, next question, ooh, what in the big titty doctor Phil is going on? My partner and I have not had sex over a month, but it doesn't seem to bother either of us. Is fascinating. I say, no, what I love.
Speaker 6: About big titty doctor Phil? Titty doctor Phil? And then I get to picture. Doctor Phil is huge.
Speaker 2: In jelous and I love that for him.
Speaker 6: I love that jee. I guess that's not a problem if it doesn't bother either of them.
Speaker 2: But they didn't take the time to write it to you, guys, they say a month, it's probably been two, you know. They're like, it's been a month. Sure, Yeah, I think that's fine if.
Speaker 6: They took the time to act, like write this like it is bothering them.
Speaker 1: Oh right, right.
Speaker 7: You know what though, I'm like, you're asking Michelle and Jordan, like, don't you mean shouldn't you talk to each other?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, No, definitely bothering this person, no offense, right, you know. I'm like, I would ask you guys too, But I'm like.
Speaker 1: There's you know, I think I think for me, at least, I've been married for eleven going on twelve years. We've been together fourteen years. To say, I'm bad at math two thousand and eight, there are a lot of things that surprise me about having a long term partner that I like, never you know, I just never thought. And it's not even like arguing, or like the amount of sex we have or don't have, or like the fact that I've seen his sneakers on our coffee table. Oh my god, I just like did a death drop, like a drag queen lipsticking for my life. I'm like, you did?
Speaker 6: What? Like?
Speaker 1: There's so many boss off my head and I can't share publicly. There are just so many things that I never you just never think. You just never think. You know that that would be your life, or you would go through this, or you would say that or feel it. So I think this question reads like they're more surprised that they don't need sex. And you might just have a moment. You might be fucking exhausted from wearing a mask out all day and working and public in the back of your ears hurt, so why would you want to get your clip rubbed? Whatever it is? But just remember you are partners with this person for a reason, and one of the reasons too, is like to enjoy each other's body. And you know, maybe you just need to take a minute to enjoy your body because we should be. You're seeing pleasure when we can. But if you're tired, take a beat. You fucking deserve that rest. That's what I think at least, Yeah, I love that, and.
Speaker 2: Talk to your partner about it, because obviously this is becoming, you know, an issue, and it's like you want to broach that with them. It maybe it's on their mind too, and if they're avoiding it, you got to get to the root cause of it.
Speaker 1: You got to get to the router and the tutor, the.
Speaker 2: Ruder of the tutor. I think like planning could be fun, find out what you know. And I hate when it's like the person that writes in you always put it on them like a you know, like a women's mag where they're.
Speaker 9: Like, it's fifteen ways to make yo gavan stimulate, right, but understanding what blows your hair back and sharing that with your partner, right, hopefully that.
Speaker 1: Will blows your hair back.
Speaker 2: Oh, curls the toes.
Speaker 1: I don't know, curls the toes.
Speaker 7: Tear guys this point Also, it's like, I guess, even if it is like starting to be an issue, you don't have to panic about it because it does sound like you're both someone on the same page. And also just a suggestion is doing something physically pleasurable together that's not sexual.
Speaker 6: Go get foot rubs.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that just spoke to my foot, so you're talking sensual not sexual.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's correct. What's the next question.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the last question. And this has been really great. Yeah, okay, another one. I quit drinking, and now another one. I quit drinking, and now my friends don't invite me out anymore. What should I do? Get yourself friends or a mocktail?
Speaker 2: You guys, there's more to that story. There's more to that story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's a very biased thing. And now they just don't any out right.
Speaker 2: I quit coffee, and then, like I could not shut up about quitting coffee. It's just like the thing about it is when you quit coffee.
Speaker 1: I was a part of that.
Speaker 2: It was so annoying.
Speaker 1: If he talked about green tea one more time, I was gonna like punch you, right the.
Speaker 6: God that is fascinating, Jordan, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's all mind ever matter. You know what, If you don't mind, it don't matter. And that's what it is, y'all. My body is a tabernacle.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 7: Get new friends like and not not like that point blank or whatever. I don't know if I'm saying that phrase, I don't know what the fuck that phrase is.
Speaker 6: Is that a gun thing? Forget it? O getting we could take it out.
Speaker 2: We could take it out.
Speaker 6: Point break Patrick point not that point break. It's not that point break. But it is like, I don't know. I reach out to other friends.
Speaker 2: I think that there's, yeah, there might be something else going on there, and I feel as though that's a perfect time reassess what made your friendship tick and if itacity with alcohol and they were drinking buddies. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I think it's exciting. I think it's exciting. I think this is a new chapter for you adulting wise, and you know, again getting back to like friendship breakups. Sometimes it's not that black and white where someone's just like, we ain't gonna hang no more. You know, chance the rapper has us dope songs. We don't do the same drugs no more. We don't do the same drugs. And I'm like, that's real. You know, like, picture how good you are now not drinking all the shit. You can remember your personality is probably poppin' and be around people that are popping with you, So that's okay. My whole mantra has always been if you don't want to hear from me, you gotta hear about me. Let them drunk as drunkards with them beloaded faces. Mean, look at your Instagram page, see all the things you're doing sober and dope the.
Speaker 2: Bye Yeah, exactly know.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Just standing that it also opens the door for new people to come into your life.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine you're having good sex and you remember it come on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you're also reminding me of how like now this person gets to hang out with themselves.
Speaker 6: Yes, you're like running away from yourself and it's like get new friends or just like truly take yourself on, like send dates and.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your sober suess ma'am. So this is the question we ask our guests. What's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't yet?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 6: I want to do that's the most adult.
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: I want one tiny little squirt of botox?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, can I come with you? I want to come with you.
Speaker 6: An adult can do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where were we going? When you see it, squirt, you know it's really girl, it's really just DNA.
Speaker 6: But to be honest, yeah, I'm both curious and I.
Speaker 1: Want one little, one little little dollie.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for coming on and hang out with us. This has been a thank you guys.
Speaker 6: Oh same for me. What a way to kick things off today.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, love you so much.
Speaker 6: You got me. Love you both so much. Thank you.
Speaker 4: By wow wow wow Jarden. My heart is full and my pants are tight, per uge, per usual, sign of a good time, sign of a good time.
Speaker 2: So that was great.
Speaker 1: This is really fun. You know what it is too? Oh goodness. Between work and just real life, there's no time to go out and catch up over brunch. So I feel like this podcast just fuels muscle when it comes into the big old check in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we check in, when we like take inventory of what's going on with each other. Yeah, I feel you know, how we're going through this life in parallel ways and how we're going through it in unique ways. But at the end, I always feel so much better. My spirits are raised. Me too. My equipment was not working, but my heart is now.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about your microphone or your dick?
Speaker 2: My microphone, my microphone? Please edit this out.
Speaker 1: We should end.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go now.
Speaker 1: Buy everyone, thank you so much for joining us, and please give it up for Jordan and his microphone Dick.
Speaker 4: Yet all right, love you bye, I gotta go. I know I'm really think about my buttherts from sipping. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Our senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 2: Senior Managing Producer is Hannah Kyle Kraige.
Speaker 1: This episode was sound designed and mixed by Andrew.
Speaker 2: Eapen and engineered by Ryobomb.
Speaker 1: Our guest booker is Patrick Cootner.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by DJ don Will.
Speaker 1: Photography by Chi Spender, most.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Karen Kilgarriff, Georgia Harstark and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pot.
Speaker 1: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm