Speaker 1: Transmitting Lisa, it's going on.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Welcome to Thursday show Martin Studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, we had a big night last night, got lots to talk about barrocking. You promised a good show today. No, I promised a terrible show for they had a concert last night. But I'm gonna try my hardest. Let's go around the room. He sent a picture of himself in the Dallas Cowboys robe that Amy got him. She thought it was weird. He was just trying to be funny, but that's not how it appeared.
Speaker 2: It's Eddie. Hey, you know what I did for the first time, and I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 4: I should have watched more of this, but I watched college women's basketball because this Caitlin Clark everyone's talking about her.
Speaker 2: I was like, let me watch this do I ended up watching.
Speaker 4: The whole game of Iowa State and no is Iowa and LSU watched the whole game, and then Connecticut and USC.
Speaker 2: Played after that. I watched the whole game too. Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: I am all in So, first time you watched a Caitlin Clark game time amazing?
Speaker 2: Right, She's really, really, really fing whatever she wants.
Speaker 3: She does and makes what I just would like to do at the playground, Jim, I don't go to playground by later.
Speaker 2: And they were like losing.
Speaker 4: They were they were down the first the first half, and then something, dude, she had this look in her face like just watch This was a look in the face that probably made them win.
Speaker 2: For sure, because then she started drilling threes.
Speaker 3: I let you beat them. Last year, l she won the national championship. But yeah, it's it's it's awesome.
Speaker 4: And then these girls, these girls are so so good And it's funny because I watched her with all my boys, and my boys are just like, Dad, why are you watching girls basketball? And literally five minutes later they're like, they're so good.
Speaker 3: These girls are awesomely a transcendent time because they're so skilled.
Speaker 2: It used to be well, they can't dunk. That's that's that is what one of my boys asked, like, why are they not dunking? Well, they can't dunk.
Speaker 3: Some can, but even some can. Now it's just crazy. But I like college women's basketball way better than WNBA.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched that.
Speaker 3: I watch a lot of ILL watch a decent amount of women's Arkansas college basketball because I know coach, and but I've appointment watched Caitlin Caulk it four times.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Yeah, dude, it's awesome. Amy have you watched?
Speaker 5: I mean, I know who she is.
Speaker 6: But my dad loved women's basketball like he would he no, he did so. He he coached it at one point, like back in the day when he was a teacher, like way back, and he just always gravitated towards that.
Speaker 5: So he would always have it on Cala Clock's back.
Speaker 2: What do you mean final four baby? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, fine, A four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Yukon. They didn't even look at her recruiter, just saying I don't about Yukon's good too. That's awesome. They're really good. He says that are you smarter than a celebrity? Contacted him to be on the show, but they wanted him to be a contestant, not the celebrity.
Speaker 2: He just didn't know.
Speaker 7: Let's bob, Yeah, Bobby, It's not a lot of times I come to you for help, but I want to ask you a favor.
Speaker 2: I know you upgraded c pap machines.
Speaker 3: I think he asked me a Favorit about once a month and always goes. I never asked for favors, but I hear you go ahead.
Speaker 7: It's so you should have an extra one laying around And my wife heard you talking about the seapap machine. She was like, dude, you need to ask Bobby if you can have the one that he's not used it anymore. Apparently I've been waking up in the middle of the night snoring for the past two months.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty pleasant snore though, like it's kind of hot.
Speaker 7: She's like, you've been doing that for like two months. And I never used to be a snore. I never knew I snored, And so I want to know if I could borrow the one that you don't use to see if it works.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of things to say. Do you know what do you want to say? It you know what he wants to borrow a seatpap.
Speaker 5: Well, what I want to say is, I think it takes the prescription.
Speaker 3: Well first to take the prescription to get one, but I'll have a second machine. I'm changing out masks to find the whole machine. Yeah no, yeah, take yeah, I only have one seatpath.
Speaker 5: But I think it's also dangerous to wear one if you don't need it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, man, do you hear that?
Speaker 3: I don't know why my store I'll get turned on. Stop, I listen. If I can get a black market seapap machine, I would get one. Oh really, all it is air and take you know that it sends into your mind? Is my nose NonStop? Because my throat would close up when I was sleeping. That's about keeping your mouth shut. Do you say, do you stay wide up my mouth?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so that's what's probably happening, your air blockage. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to stop that though. That's that's part of.
Speaker 3: The reason, honest vegas allergies get me.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 3: Let me recommend this, and if you do it, I think it'll be weird for a second. But if you tape your mouth shut with the sleep tape, I did that first. It did affect me in a positive way. And I'll wear the tape with the seapaps some too. And it's not tape like uh Scotch tape or the silver tape. But if you get sleep tape and tape your mouth, you can still breathe to your nose and you'll keep it to your nose. Your throat won't and you won't snore.
Speaker 4: And when I heard lunch boxes, if you tape your mouth even during when you work and stuff like that, that helps too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we could do that during the show, your mouth out, you know what I mean? No, but seriously, if we do take your.
Speaker 7: Mouth and then we get something to probably Eddie's nose open so he's not.
Speaker 2: A it's like, try to sleep tape. Honestly, I think it'll help. All right, let's moving on.
Speaker 3: Sometimes she gets really in the zone and she even forgets to turn on a microphone. It's amy.
Speaker 5: I started a manhunt on Apple.
Speaker 2: Plus man hunts to a Lincoln show.
Speaker 5: Yeah y'all recommended it, right, Yeah, somebody did here.
Speaker 2: Eddie, I did, Eddie did?
Speaker 5: Okay, I really like it.
Speaker 6: I was almost gonna stay up to continue an episode, like that's how much I wanted to know what's gonna happen big.
Speaker 5: And that is on a on a weeknight.
Speaker 6: I normally am pretty strict about okay, it's bed time, got to go. And I was like, oh, just five more minutes, Oh, just five more minutes.
Speaker 2: How many of you watch because only three's out right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I guess I've watched into the third one.
Speaker 3: Okay, and really it's about a Lincoln, but it's really the story of John Wilkes booth conspiracy theory of but like an educated one, not one where they're just making it up like there was an a Lincoln versus vampire movie at one point. Oh yea yeah, yeah whatever, the vampire Slayer, Yeah, whatever that is.
Speaker 5: It's not that yeah, and it's I got gosh. I wish I would have learned this way in school. Watch movies like a scripted or I acted a series like it's like a docu series it seems, but scripted, and I'm sure some liberties have been taken.
Speaker 3: Who knows because they won't know the conversations that have happened in Really I don't know the outcome because of them. But like the first one for me that I learned, I liked learning from. There was a movie and I think because I learned and made the movie a little better. Was Amedeas about Mozart.
Speaker 5: Really, oh, I should watch that scene.
Speaker 2: It's kind of boring.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it like forever, but I remember watching Amadeus and going, you know what, I don't hate this as much as I should and I actually learned about Mozart. And then that's when the acted versions of things I just seen him say based on a true story, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Saving Prior Ryan for me was the one where I learned about World Wars.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 7: One, Bill and Ted, isn't that the one where they Bill and Ted is awesome?
Speaker 3: I learned, you know, not the same because they're not portray a real event. Excellent though for parents that have young kids, like twelve nine year old kids. Eleven So I'm gonna ask real quick. Came out in the eighties and it got an eight point four out of ten. As far as the movie and Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: I don't even heard of this. It's it's older movie and Chase. But yeah, I'm not gonna go it's.
Speaker 5: Mozart and that to our movie cinema.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's a good movie. The other one, what was the other one that mentioned? Not not vill said Saving prim that. Yes, I learned a lot on that one. Yeah, me too. You know what, I went to the theater. They showed me the end first, that showed the end of the movie. That's accidentally, and they're like, oops, we had the wrong.
Speaker 2: That's not good. That's terb I saw that one with no tooth. Keith is unbelievable. Kid, You're like, what you want to save me? You want to say?
Speaker 6: Oh, and the guy that's in Manhunt, the the guy that's playing Booth, he was also in the fly Boy one, so I'm calling it Flyboy Ones about the hundredth bomber.
Speaker 2: Boyle oh air Man.
Speaker 5: Booth.
Speaker 3: I knew just like fun fact, but I wouldn't known he was like a real actor, Like I mean like Booths was.
Speaker 2: Like a real dude stage actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of famous Lunchbox Bill and Ted texon Adventure, great reference. Not a true story about two kids who go back in time in a phone booth, but you do learn a lot of historical figures because they're going to meet these people for reports, so you learn about Genghis Khan.
Speaker 2: It was probably much nicer in the movie than real life.
Speaker 3: But also Beato Beethoven, which is Beethoven Billy the kids, so great Socrates, So that's a good question.
Speaker 4: The Phone Booth actually our scored seven minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Raymondo hit me from Mountain Pine, Arkansas. He's a doctor of letters, not an actual one. So when it comes to medical terms.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know a ton Bobby Bone. Hey, by the way, I'm teaching for a couple of days next week's University of Arkansas. So and I do believe they have I won't enforce this, but because I have an honorary doctor right that, they have to call me doctor doctor Bones?
Speaker 5: What for doctor Bobby your real last name?
Speaker 3: Nah, he can't do that. I don't just doc doc. But I will be teaching for a couple days on campus. They were like, would you come and teach like uh media storytelling through media stuff like that, and I was like, yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: So so like, what's your syllabus?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We talked about this and I don't remember.
Speaker 7: So does the professor? Are they in the room or they take two days off? What do you mean, man, he is the professor.
Speaker 5: You haven't planned your agenda?
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear my agenda? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This really wasn't what I was going to talk about, but I can. Okay, So yeah, Monday, I do the show fly to Fayetteville. Now your classroom agenda?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at my list schedule meetings, have some meetings that night I have at ten something after right after the show, a multimedia story storytelling with us.
Speaker 2: It's a senior class. Oh that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: There's a media in Society class that I'm teaching at twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh you're teaching multiple classes. Oh yeah, over multiple days. What hm is this for? Like then I'm throwing out the first pitch that night, I thought the baseball game. Whoa.
Speaker 3: And then I am teaching TV news Oh how to So it's not really news reporting, but it's how news is being done now the media.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, tell them not to talk like this it says and student media.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay. And then I have lunch with the athletic director. It's probably can ask my advice. I'm the new coach. Then I go to the Faulkner Center and then I lecture. I do a lecture for three hundred kids, and then I fly home that night.
Speaker 7: So will your stuff be on the test like at the end of the year exam?
Speaker 2: I hope not, Oh, because I'm going I'm just gonna raw dog it. You raw dog beat though, man. That's yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna teach a couple days next next week. I'm excited to do just hit him with a pop quiz right right at the top. That would be such a jerk thing to do. It's like the stepsue teacher who's like a little too in control. Yeah, you know, like you need to chill out, dude, like you what like you? They usually are like old athletes that played like double a ball for and then they came into We're like, I'm.
Speaker 2: The sub now you'll listen to me, all right.
Speaker 3: You ever get in trouble with selves, lunchbox, I feel like that'd be your thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, challenge challenge them immediately, see if they're gonna be cool or if they're gonna be one of the jerks that's gonna kick you out of class.
Speaker 2: It's so fun, sort of like a sub bus driver. Oh, I wouldn't challenge that one. They're in control. Man, dude, you just tell me you're going to the wrong school. I mean what. Oh one time in middle.
Speaker 7: School we told him we went to the high school and we were driving this dude all over and at one point he said we were in the neighborhood still and he's like, do you want to get off the bus? We were like, oh, we don't want to get off the bus. What are you doing? Then we drove him to the high school and he pulled up. He's like, there's no way you go here, and we made a yui in the middle of the roads, like you can.
Speaker 2: That's illegal, that's illegal.
Speaker 7: And he said, do you guys want to get off the bus? And we're like, actually, yeah, we do, and we got.
Speaker 4: Off the bus to build a city and the city yeah, we were just we were like like downtown.
Speaker 7: Two miles from school and we just got off the bus. And he went to school and like, you.
Speaker 2: But you did that?
Speaker 7: No, he told you want to get off the bus. You want to know how stupid he was to just let us off the bus.
Speaker 2: He was trying his best man.
Speaker 3: He had it and he's not trying to be a I mean, a real teacher. Hasn't developed a patience driver. He's an idiot driver. That's He'm not a teacher.
Speaker 2: Imagine that. But then there was like five kids that stayed on the bus. Come on, everyone's gonna get off. Yeah, let's get Oh yeah, like I don't want to get He wonders why he doesn't win the lottery. Karma so much bad karma.
Speaker 3: Let's open up the mailbag off the air to get something.
Speaker 5: We call Bobby's mailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello Bobby Bones. My husband and I just went on a fly with our kids. I'm so embarrassed because my husband took off his shoes in flight because his feet were hot. I'm sure others around us were disgusted because I was What if everyone removed their shoes and socks midflight because of the heat. I can't imagine the smell. My husband doesn't think anything's wrong with that. I told him it's not good etiquette, especially on a three and a half hour flight. What do you all think? Can you remove your socks and shoes on a flight like this? I told them never again, and that I was gonna email you. I listened to you whenever I get a chance. Love you, guys, So entertaining, signed wife to the barefoot flyer. He took his socks off too. Socks and shoes, long flight, hot day, My god, Yeah, that's tricky. I don't mind somebody just pulling their shoes off if they have socks on, correct. I don't mind somebody if they're wearing flip flops pulling their feet out of their flip flops, so long as they don't put them on and things. That's fine too, But it's the double layer because if it's hot in the sock, it's sweaty, it's gross. But if it didn't stink, just because it's gross doesn't mean to bother other people. It also the proximity he's setting towards sitting with someone who doesn't know.
Speaker 2: All that factors in. But I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: If it's hot and you wear shoes and socks, you can only go shoe that's so gross. But if you're wearing flip flops or any kind of sandal and you're doing no socks, you can definitely kick them off. Just don't put your feet on things. That would be my official stance.
Speaker 6: Amy, Yeah, we need to have some sort of coverage, I think, so maybe a way around it. As the wife, like she could say, hey, I just read an article that you should always wear compression socks when flying, and he's like, well, it's hot, get compression socks form because that's gonna be better for his overall health and well being.
Speaker 2: Then carries hot.
Speaker 5: You want to do? You want to die?
Speaker 2: You know that it's okay.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't the airline have a rule like what's the airline rule, Like, no, no.
Speaker 2: There isn't.
Speaker 3: I guess keep your pants on. Yeah, it's a good rule, keep your pants and your shirt on. But I don't think there's a rule on fee because sometimes people will put on Southwestern front, so you put your feet up on that front wall. That's always kind of gross. I would just say you can remove one layer.
Speaker 2: That's it. I got a question.
Speaker 7: Doesn't even make a difference if you take it, if you take your shoes off. Taking the sock off doesn't make a difference because the sock stinks. I if your foot stinks, the sock stinks, so it doesn't make it.
Speaker 3: About smell totally. I guess I'm not thinking about smell. I'm just thinking about sweat, the sweaty grossness of it all. If your feet stink, period, Yeah, you got to leave everything.
Speaker 7: Because I understand taking the shoes off, because your feet swell. The shoes are tight, you know what I mean, Like you want to get them some room.
Speaker 5: Point for the compression socks.
Speaker 3: You don't swell, and I fly all the time, yes, your whole body. I think I take my shoes off one layer though, one layer I do and I don't wear. I were like flip flops or if it's yeah, one layer is all I can do, because everybody's gonna be grossed up by a bunch of its sweaty feet. So one layer. That's your compromise. I stand by it. The airlines do not have a policy, by the way, they should just to clare, just to make it one rule. Don't take your I was like, just one layer to pull off, one layer of the feet. All right, that's the mail bag.
Speaker 8: Close it up.
Speaker 2: We got your.
Speaker 3: Team mail and we lay it on your air Now, let's find the clothes Bobby fail bag. Yeah, Orbes put out their richest celebrities list. I mean, I'll tell you the celebrity name. It's not to me so much about the money, but name what to do. Okay, some of these are very easy, obviously, and she just became a billionaire for the first time. It's you don't see the story, No Taylor Swift like you knew chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna name the celebrities Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: But if you do, she is a singer songwriter. God, it was a big store in the last couple of days that she's now a billionaire. That's crazy the first time, and she's worth one point one billion age thirty four Dick Wolf.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he does. Oh yeah, quite the last name, the last name together.
Speaker 2: A movie star. Now he's a Law and Order film a TV.
Speaker 5: Oh he's a billionaire from Law and Order.
Speaker 3: One point two billion dollars he made. Uh yeah, I made.
Speaker 5: Those shows, a really long running show.
Speaker 2: Maggie Johnson.
Speaker 3: Oh, basketball, basketball, but really made a lot of money in business after Like he was part of the Dodgers investor owns now, part of what other team just bought football?
Speaker 2: Just but gosh, I remember this commanders.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, which isn't what where Amy.
Speaker 5: Just about to ask you?
Speaker 2: I met him when he was opening up the W Hotel and office. You met him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a press conference. Shake his hand, I mean kind of. I mean he was right there.
Speaker 2: I know you shake his hand. No, I didn't chg it. I met him. I got a picture with him.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was in the crowd when I went to see the Tina Turner musical.
Speaker 3: Is it one of those where you got a picture with Diddy and he's like ten feet behind you?
Speaker 7: Literally, I would look back and he is in the regular crowd, and I was like, man, I gotta go, and my wife's like, you cannot go.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, And I went and got a picture.
Speaker 3: When you have it, Yeah, that's a cool picture, kind of blurry and dark.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm jealous. That's a cool one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One point two billion. Lebron James, that's worth one point two billion. Tiger Woods off one point three billion. He's at number ten, one point three billion. I can't even fathom that, Like you say one billion and two billion, Like to me, there's no real difference in how I know that money and what I could do with it differently someday. But if I said five hundred million or one billion, even that you're like one's more than the other. That sounds cooler, that it's more there, It doesn't function in my brain like, oh, this is what I could do if I had a billion instead of the five hundred million, right, because it's all such a fairy tale.
Speaker 5: Rihanna an artist and makeup entrepreneurs.
Speaker 3: Most of the money is from been a businesswoman fenty wow, one point four million.
Speaker 2: Tyler Perry at number eight.
Speaker 5: I mean all kinds of things. Actor, director writer.
Speaker 2: You like media.
Speaker 5: I love media, hallelujah.
Speaker 3: Lawyer one point four billion dollars fifty four. Peter Jackson, Oh, Peter, I'm a dick wolf hangout a lot.
Speaker 2: Is the writer.
Speaker 5: I don't know what. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Peter does well, he is Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, King Kong the director one point five billion dollars wow, age sixty two years old, lives in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: One point five billion. Is he the one that did the Beatles documentary?
Speaker 3: Mike? He did. He made most of his money from his visual effects company because he sold a portion.
Speaker 2: Of it off and again directs all these major movies.
Speaker 3: Kim Kardashian, I mean the entrepreneur one point seven billion, jay Z artist. I wonder what's happening with ja Z. I wonder if he's a Lincoln. I don't know this, but like I don't know jay Z and Diddy close. They were together a lot.
Speaker 5: But Jase's probably like not anymore.
Speaker 3: I wonder some of the theories, and I don't believe these theories for the most part, and they're crazy, but you know, people like Diddy or Jeffrey Epstein. The idea that a lot of people have is that they were actually working for like the the group's CIA government. Then they would get other high profile people to do the illegal stuff and they had video and they could then they had them.
Speaker 2: They could bust them.
Speaker 3: No, not to bust them, they could blackmail or leverage them to do whatever they.
Speaker 2: Needed to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see that you do.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, which is why they which is why Hey listen, Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself. You're telling me those guards were just gone and that video just wasn't working the one time.
Speaker 2: So who was trying to get rid Jeffy Epstein's didn't come out?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think big together, certain not at all. Certain people in our government past the.
Speaker 3: Assets and they okay, you do this, you get all this information all these high profile people, then we own them. But I wonder if jay Z, because they were together a lot, I wonder if it's going to come out that he's.
Speaker 2: Involved or not.
Speaker 6: You know what, this really sucks though, because you're you're using this method to blackmail these people to get whatever you want done in the world, and that these victims are just left like these horrible scars.
Speaker 3: It also just a theory but there's got to be stuff like this happening, or this theory would never not even the specific instance like this.
Speaker 5: Has got to be happening, just like, okay, what costs you know, uh, money, so.
Speaker 3: That the people don't care when it comes out a ton of money or power. But I mean, I see how even with war, like you're going to kill other people and it's for a cause and our idea, I get it. Oprah Winfrey to Talk show two point eight billion.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, gosh, two billion, almost three billion.
Speaker 3: Number three is Michael Jordan basketball, who makes so much money still from the Jordan brand. Oh dude, he's y. He's made almost two billion from the Jordan brand. Number two Steven Spielberg director four point eight billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Whoa wild four twenty eight billion.
Speaker 3: These guys are so rich and not even that that that I could spend four point eight better than I spent three point two. I guess I'm just surprised he's at two of the famous people. These guys don't drive anywhere, right, Like, they don't drive them unless they unless they really want to. True, they don't have to drive, but they may want to drive if they like driving or like the cards, never drive again.
Speaker 2: Number one is George Lucas.
Speaker 5: M director or producer director director.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm sure all that was Star Wars, right, was the first original five point five billion dollars richest celebrity thanks to his part of the production company Lucasfilms, which he sold to Disney in twenty twelve, or more than four billion in CA.
Speaker 2: Wow, it a briefcase.
Speaker 3: No, that's not how that was. That does sound fine?
Speaker 2: Huh? How many briefcases with that? Take just one big one. Just give me one big one. It's just a dump truck. It's like the lions at my house of the.
Speaker 6: Day when you really start to think about money.
Speaker 5: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's a real thing. It's just digital and we just go digitally. It says you have this, so we go with it, and.
Speaker 5: This is the value we're assigning to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, but it's it's how it works.
Speaker 3: It works better than trading out pelts.
Speaker 2: You mean, what what are pelts?
Speaker 3: A pelt would be like you kill an animal, you have got it the skin for and that would be the value.
Speaker 2: Like cocoa beans.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, I didn't know they ma cocoa beans for money like cigarettes and jail currency.
Speaker 2: It's like a shah, It's time for the good news ready.
Speaker 4: Olivia Porter is nineteen years old from Michigan and she used to love to read even when she was a little girl, and she would always go to a bookstore called Beloved Books in downtown Linden, Michigan. Well, she just found out that the bookstore, after twenty one years in business, is closing. So what does Olivia do. She goes to the owner says, come on, please, we gotta save it. The owner's like, look, I'm done, I'm retiring. It's over, and Olivia says, can I buy it from you? And the owner goes, you know what, just give me a dollar and it's yours. So now Olivia is now the new owner of the bookstore and it's taking it over.
Speaker 2: She's going to keep it going forever for one dollar dollar? Is that what technicality?
Speaker 3: Yes, there has to be transient. Also, he's probably gonna retire and just like not making it. I think it's not like she just want to a lottery for a dollar. Now she has to manage your book.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she has to like do the ins and outs and the books and which ones are popular.
Speaker 2: It's hey, But here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Like, so the gym right down the street from my house is shutting down, and I'm thinking, like, should I go over there and offer a dollar to get this?
Speaker 2: Well, but you may not.
Speaker 3: They may have had to lease a space and they can't pay enough money for the space, so they're moving out. So you can lease all you want. But there are all these other factors. But I like, this is a good story.
Speaker 7: It's a great story that he's gonna go get him a gym. He's thinking about a dollar.
Speaker 3: Offer a dollar. You'll make a dollar offer. See what happens. It's I like him. I like that he did that.
Speaker 2: I like her. I like that she's reading like that. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 3: It's a generational trivia game. It's elder versus millennial lunchbox. The elder will answer questions about Swifty Lauren's generation.
Speaker 2: She's the young one, he's the old one. Lunch I'm introduced you first journey. Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 9: But first he's the captain of Cringe, who claims all he does is when money is his obsession and his prom king Crown from high school is his most prized possession.
Speaker 2: It's lunch boy box.
Speaker 9: Here you go.
Speaker 3: If you miss it, she'll steal nah. Who played Ali in the Notebook in two thousand and four?
Speaker 2: Rachel McAdams. Correct, job, Yeah, whoa good job?
Speaker 3: Dude. What was the title of the very first Harry Potter book released in the two thousands.
Speaker 8: Oh, Harry Potter, Harry Potter first one, Sorcerer's Stone.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Who are you serious?
Speaker 2: Oh my, i' you have to stop being surprising? You watch it? Watch it? Yeah, we watched it, Lunchbox, but it was a movie. I didn't know the same book. I don't know. Whatever.
Speaker 3: What music subgenre defined in the two thousands with bands like Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance and Paramore? What music subgenre it was defined in the two thousands had bands like fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, Paramore.
Speaker 2: Pop punk? Incorrect? What Lauren, you can steal?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: It's emo? Correct?
Speaker 3: But yeah, okay, good job on those two though, those two two.
Speaker 2: See I get We'll go over.
Speaker 3: And she's our youngest on the show. Let's introduce her now. We call her Swifty Lauren because she loves Taylor Swift and she's getting married real soon, and you guys better get her a good guess.
Speaker 2: Hello, I lost her intro.
Speaker 3: I made that up. I couldn't find her into Oh, we have another one.
Speaker 2: She's our youngest producer, an elder knowledge.
Speaker 3: She's quite clever, and she hopes Taylor and Travis last forever.
Speaker 2: It's swift. You got two there for the prize of one. It's a bogo. You know what that means? No quest for a good job ready.
Speaker 3: Ryan Seacrest hosted the first season of American Idol Lauren with what other.
Speaker 2: Person Brian Dunkleman incorrect? Lunchbar Bryan. It's rhymes with Ryan's Brian Dunkleman, Brian, Have you just said got it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Lunch box one point Brian Dunkleman.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 2: By the way, Lauren's up to or lunchboxes up to one? In the series, here we go, Lauren.
Speaker 3: This ninety slang phrase is used for expressing strong disagreement. It's a term popularized by the movie Clueless in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: The best definition for this phrase could be I very much doubt it said.
Speaker 3: This ninety slang phrase, which was popularized in the movie Clueless nineteen ninety five, if I were going to define what the phrase meant, it would be I very much doubt it.
Speaker 2: What is the slang phrase?
Speaker 5: Ran praise? I love this like honestly, like probably one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: It's a phrase they say, And if if you were going to define it would mean I very much doubt it, like.
Speaker 5: Much buggin.
Speaker 2: As if correct?
Speaker 5: Wait, how is that? I did not know that's what you were trying to say? But like when she's saying, like I doubt something like.
Speaker 2: A yellow cart a little lippy.
Speaker 3: After That's one of my favorite movies and I was thinking that, but I didn't think that's what trying to say.
Speaker 2: Probably all right, one more? What I want her to get?
Speaker 3: That one? He is?
Speaker 2: Which?
Speaker 3: Online map service Lauren was used before GPS devices were handy, and was often printed out by users.
Speaker 2: Map quest correct, No matter, it's so matter.
Speaker 3: Let's know, I admire that you're looking to change something that you've done your whole life.
Speaker 2: Tell the guys what you want to change about yourself?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, you know how you always say to people, hey, how are you?
Speaker 6: And you may say it to like how's it going your best friend? Or you may say it to the person checking out at the grocery store, like.
Speaker 2: Mostly how are you?
Speaker 3: Is not really asking how they are. It's like going, I'm standing here in front of you. I need to say something to seem polite. So I'm gonna say these words.
Speaker 5: It's a default.
Speaker 6: Sure, I think we So my goal is to not rely on my default, and I want to say other things instead that maybe add more depth.
Speaker 3: So okay, but I'll like your example of checking out at the register. What would you say to somebody.
Speaker 2: At the register?
Speaker 5: Well, that I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Don't you gotta have something? Okay, that's gonna be r Well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to go over the list of things because I went ahead and I googled it because this is clearly a thing, and I looked up, like, what can I say instead of this?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is not gonna be.
Speaker 2: A checker, then this is gonna be somebody you know.
Speaker 5: Middle to close, you can decide how you want to go.
Speaker 2: Ahead to go instead of how or how's it going?
Speaker 5: She's gonna say, hey, I'm thinking about you, but what you.
Speaker 2: Thinking about the version of the regist? As soon as you walk up, I've been thinking about you. Let's take the register out.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a generic person, you know, but maybe you don't hang out with all the time I've been thinking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, what about how have you been sleeping?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you say to me, because remember this is the initial greeting.
Speaker 5: Okay, just you know you could maybe it's the initial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to be the initial, because's when you say, how's it going?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well I'm picturing you could still be having a conversation. Okay, uh, what's the favorite thing you did this week?
Speaker 3: That's not an opener, that's something you could do as an ice breaker or like a what have you been up to this week? That's that's how it's going. But still that feels weird too, like why you're what about this week?
Speaker 2: I don't even know you? Lady?
Speaker 5: What's the okay? All right, what did you?
Speaker 3: What do you are?
Speaker 2: Because she knows, there's no way she's changing that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, what what do you do today? Why are you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: That just feels like she's a bit invasive.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm trying to be casual. Okay, okay, casual, be casual.
Speaker 3: If I go like, hey, amy person, I know, but kind of what's up?
Speaker 5: Any special thoughts today?
Speaker 2: What so far?
Speaker 3: Every single one of these fought so off Bard and like, what are you? I've been looking for a special.
Speaker 5: I've been looking forward to talking to you.
Speaker 2: We don't we only see each like once a month at work.
Speaker 5: Way anything you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Are you a robot? Are you walking away?
Speaker 5: Is there something I can do for you?
Speaker 2: Okay, now you're None of these work. None of these work.
Speaker 5: The final suggestion, I want to do what.
Speaker 2: I want to do? Drugs I want to do well, No, no, I want to do something.
Speaker 5: I want to do some self care together.
Speaker 2: As the first thing you say to something like or just.
Speaker 5: Instead of just saying how are you? Like, you can say this, like take your relationships the next level.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to take every relationship to the next level.
Speaker 3: And I say how are you? To people I have no interest in having a relationship with on the next level? That's just a hell. I don't know even if I get an elevator and if I feel like I'm gonna we're gonna have a hey, how's it going?
Speaker 5: The internet isn't always right.
Speaker 3: But you were committed to this like fifteen minutes ago today, and I think we should let her do.
Speaker 5: It still well, because I had only read them. It hits different when you say it out loud.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What I say if I had to Jeff, how's it going? Because that's my general how's it going? Walking to an elevator. I was an allergist. Okay, get shots every week and I walk in. There's always some in the elevator. I always say how's it going? And what I say they'll be different. Holding guys, I walk in, I can't be specific because it could be elevator, could be a hallway, it could be Luby's cafeteria line.
Speaker 2: Okay, yours has to be a quick in and out. I'd be like, this, what a day it is? Huh? Are you ninety years old? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Bro, I don't know. There's no other way How's it going? The only way you can go it is because universally accepted.
Speaker 5: What if it's a you just say I like your shirt, I usually go weather.
Speaker 2: Like night year old dude, small talk, right, you can do that. That's because they're just gonna say, like it sure is all right, see you later.
Speaker 6: So to a stranger on the elevator, you can't say, tell me something you're looking forward to today.
Speaker 3: I was really hoping, Like I never met him before. I'm like, you into your.
Speaker 2: Self care together.
Speaker 5: If that one any special thoughts, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To say, you're not changing. It's too awkward for you to change. No, we'll see, I know, we'll see. We'll see the well.
Speaker 5: Lunchboks could test these out with his little hidden microphone.
Speaker 2: No, we already know they're going to be weird.
Speaker 5: You know, he goes to the grocery store and he can say any special thoughts.
Speaker 2: I loves will be called Okay.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow on the show Luke Bryant and Studio is part of the Friday Morning Conversation We Love Luke Tuesday of next week, Sam huntson Oh Cool as part of Ray So Excited.
Speaker 2: He perks us raise hero, write.
Speaker 3: Your favorite song of all time and history of songs period. Downtown's Dead, Sam hunt See that's how much he loves down. Okay, that's the Raised Beatles. So we got a good one.
Speaker 2: Amy's Pile of Stories.
Speaker 6: There's a new online gift registry trend and it is for people that are going through a divorce.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say before everybody starts to get the little little little butterers in his twist that.
Speaker 2: You never have to you never have to do anything in anyone's registry.
Speaker 3: You know, there was one where Lauren's like, hey, how's fun Lauren who works on the show Swifty.
Speaker 5: Lauren, She's getting married.
Speaker 2: She getting married.
Speaker 3: She's like, you can buy me this from the registry, or you can just donate money. Were can try and buy a house. And she's not saying pay part of the mortgage. It's like fifty bucks, twenty bucks, hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: And I have no problem. If you tell me you walk this horse to water, I'm happy to drink.
Speaker 5: Easier for me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna spend the money. I'd rather be on something you like. So everybody can go I choose not to do that if they want to.
Speaker 2: So I know again people are going.
Speaker 3: To be like, I haven't heard it, divorce whatever the stupid thing is, but yeah, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, the idea is that people are obviously financially vulnerable at the time of the split, and they're losing typically half of everything they have, including like stuff in the kitchen, and they I.
Speaker 1: Need it, Bax.
Speaker 3: She's She's like, you know that story actually inspired me.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I have no problem with it. Will I donate to it?
Speaker 3: Probably not unless I know it's a friend who then who's needing it and actually makes it easier for me to do that, Meaning I wouldn't go up to him and be like slide them one hundred like the matre d in movies.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I wouldn't hand you some money and be like, oh no, you're struggle.
Speaker 3: But if you like, hey, I'm doing this because I could use a little help, I'd probably help you because out in the open it's a little easier. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I get it too. I'm not going to create one.
Speaker 6: However, if someone needed to, I see how it could help you get back on your feet. And if your friends, I mean they have those divorce parties now, so is to be part of that of like you have the party and you have your little registry and they show up with whatever.
Speaker 2: It is, no problem with it.
Speaker 3: May not jump in, but I got no problem with it because you're not forcing on anybody.
Speaker 2: Nobody's being wronged. Yeah that's it.
Speaker 5: One person said about these sort of things, will you broke it?
Speaker 2: You buy it? So okay, Well that person is one of the.
Speaker 6: Dot say anything when it comes to music, well, they just don't make it like they used to.
Speaker 5: And this is according to new research.
Speaker 6: A study looked at how music has changed over the last few decades and song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive, with the exception of one artist.
Speaker 5: One artist is out there, Nope Beyonce, Nope, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Swift got it. I would say.
Speaker 3: This article, I don't like it because I think melodies are far more complicated now in a lot of songs and songs are basically two different things, lyrics and melodies. So the lyrics of a song would be one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready. Okay, so that's just lyrics. That's the melody would be about a boom. But you could have been sort of any words there. It could have been like, say, I've become eleven, throwing them guys, didn't win some money, or it feels so nice it doesn't matter right, But that's still the melody.
Speaker 2: You just make that up. I hope that's not a song. That So what I would say is.
Speaker 3: I think melodies have gotten way better, and I think people are smarter at knowing. Repetition makes you want to repeat listening to the song because you learn it quicker. I would say songs are better written now, but I would say that their music is almost disposable, which is which sucks his sake, cause I love music because you don't have to own it.
Speaker 2: We just stream it and if we don't like it, move on. It's quick. Move move, move, move move. So if there's something that really hits, then it's awesome. How can you say only one artist?
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: Google, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh, Taylor is so complex. If you want a stronger brain, I'll leave you with this. Learn another language.
Speaker 2: Uh, you got it.
Speaker 6: This whole study is done, and people that are bilingual have more cognitive reserve.
Speaker 5: And I feel like this is my sign.
Speaker 2: To want to be smarter. Learned calculus crap, Yeah, learn the language.
Speaker 5: Yeah, typically whatever you're having to exercise in your brain to learn another language.
Speaker 2: Piano, that's true.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm that's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Bobby, a puppy saved from a house fire and organ has been adopted by a firefighter who plants to not only save the dog, but also teach kids the importance of fire safety.
Speaker 2: This is like the ultimate. You got a firefighter, you got a puppy, you got kids.
Speaker 3: The puppy, now named Flame Smoky close Ah, was rescued about a month ago from a home that burned all the way to the ground. The shelter took in the pup and said that the dog was struggling, especially to be adopted, because a large part of the dog's neck had been burnt. So people were like, we don't want to adopt the dog until it's healthy. The firefighter was like, I'll adopt the dog. And you can see too, like the neck, top of the head, there's some burn on it. It's like a black like half bulldog half who knows. But he takes the dog now and first of all, lots of intensive care, lots of coal, bats medicated. Uh all, we just call it SAB, but they call it salve. Yeah, yeah, South wound management.
Speaker 2: He did it all. The puppy is now going with.
Speaker 3: Him to these classes to teach fire safety. Smokey Smoky. It's always weird if you change the dog's name.
Speaker 2: Though, do they care? I never asked one.
Speaker 7: It has to be weird because we can adjustment, like is he talking to me?
Speaker 3: But it's just a sound like my name was Rex, but that sounded of Rex smoke, car smoking. Okay, that's a great story. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: That was telling me something good.