Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our two on this Friday.
Speaker 2: It's a meat Friday at that and it is special today Pigs in a blanket, beef, chili, bread, bulls and cornbread. Who has it better than we do? Lot stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. It is available. Take advantage of this because I don't know how much we'll have the Hallapano Lime moonshine, but while supplies last, go to Danpatrick dot com. It is available this morning for the first time. Early review say the flavor's outstanding. All second that it is awesome. So Halapano Lime Moonshine available Danpatrick dot com. Poll question from our one Seaton and what are we going to go with our two?
Speaker 3: We got a few of them up there. Let's see Lamar Jackson is more awesome or frustrating?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Sixty one percent of the audience say he's more frustrating than awesome. Okay, which is interesting. I get that though, I get that Should the NFL play games on Friday night?
Speaker 4: No way?
Speaker 2: Or sure?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: That one's at sixty five percent say no way, Okay, hands off Friday night.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I still like high school football to be able to have that night. Absolutely, yeah, I think that's really important. Now they wouldn't be able to have this game the second week of September, so it's the first week you can get by the second week. It says that there's actually is it a law that's in place, PAULI.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a sports law from nineteen sixty one, and it appears that this year was specifically a loophole. The sixth Friday. The sixth is the first Friday, so first and the NFL season has started on Thursday. This doesn't look like it will happen again for many years.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you also have the game streaming on Peacock. That's the only place that you can get it. By the way, thank you for downloading the app to watch this program. Eight seven seven to three DP show Email Adter Sdpadanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle a DP show. It is interesting though that a majority of the people find Lamar Jackson frustrating. I can I can see that as the defense can find him frustrating. And if you're a fan of Lamar Jackson. It could be frustrating, but he's also unique. He's going to end up with over eight thousand rushing yards probably in his career. He's twenty seven now. I don't know if that's a great stat to have, but John Harball was going for two if that was ruled a touchdown. They were going for two. So you got to start, I believe at the three yard line. This is what you want in that scenario. I got Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry, and I got a couple of really good tight ends, so you know, pick your poison. Am I using one for decoy? But it's three yards out? They were going for two lining up for two if that call was going to be good. Here is Lamar Jackson after the game talking about the near touchdown.
Speaker 7: I thought I was the touchdown though. He was just opening and I've seen thirty two and twenty was like turning to like pursue him when he realized what the ball was going.
Speaker 8: So I threw afterw what.
Speaker 7: So he can like make a play on it, just so I don't throw it like a line job hit him the face mask and they turned around and picked the ball. So I gave him, gave him balls so he can jump in a bit. But I thought he did a great job acrobatic catch, and I believe it was two feet down.
Speaker 2: Well, he did have two feet down, but he had one toe out of bounds. But what would we be saying about Baltimore and John Harball today if they had gone for it and not gotten it, or if they went for it and they did get it, Because it felt like we're going for two on the road. You always go for the win, and this had playoff vibes to it. It's not a playoff game, but it'll impact the playoffs at the end of the year somehow, some way for these two teams. Harball was not going to take the chance of a tie and then letting Mahomes beat him in overtime, and I understand that. I applaud him. You're going for the win. In Kansas City, they didn't get that chance to show us what they would have done with the two point conversion. We got to see Xavier Worthy and he might be the fastest player in the NFL. That might be where Noah Lyles goes to Tyreek Hill. You got to beat Xavier Worthy first to get to me. If we're going to have this race. But Xavier Worthy, here's Patrick Mahomes on his new toy.
Speaker 9: He's so cool, calm and collected like all the time, like you never even see the excitement on him. But I mean he goes out there and makes plays. Obviously we want to continue to use him more and more. But I thought he had a great day today making big plays and big moments, and it was good to get the whole offense going and kind of seeing where everybody's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could be the you know new Tyreek Hill uh Jalen Wattle type feel with this team. Rashi Rice and then you got Xavier Worthy, you got you know, really young and again, you know, as long as they can keep Rashi Rice out of trouble, out of jail, uh, keep him in the lineup, that'll be good. But does Xavier Worthy ran for a touchdown? I also caught a touchdown pass that's a lot of fun. And I still as soon as he scored, I just go Buffalo, Buffalo, Let Kansas City. Like there's certain teams that you don't If Jerry West ever called me, uh and I was a GM of another team, I would say I'm not there or if Red Arbach called me, then I was a GM of another team, I would just say, uh, tell them I'm not here, because you know, somehow, some way they're going to get the better end of something. The Bills helped out the Chiefs. The Chiefs want to move up. I can't. I have to have a call blocker on the Chiefs. Yes, yes, I'm blocking their call. Like when the Chiefs GM calls, it goes right to voicemail. Yeah, yeah, they never they never pick up. No, they're not going to. You can't. But it was fun. Nice debut Packers Eagles in Brazil. I got Philly is favored. I think the latest DraftKings odds is two points. Who's got more pressure tonight? And I would say Philadelphia obviously because of you know, obviously the coach and the quarterback friction. They're going to be on the same page. We're kind of waiting to see with the Eagles. Green Bay is you know, in a good spot. Certainly the second half of the season, playoff winning Dallas, Jordan Love got paid. They might be on scholarship for just a little bit. Philadelphia feels like a front burner and it's on high. Yes, who of that.
Speaker 3: Coach in quarterback, who has more pressure on them tonight?
Speaker 2: I would say the coach, would you Yeah, I would say the coach, because you're not going to fire the quarterback. You can fire the head coach. And that just feels like that seed is going to be warm throughout the year and whatever you do. That's another one. Okay, great, you hat a twelve win regular season. Now what do you do in the playoffs? Because if you go one and done like that, these are the storylines that aren't you know, week to week, this is the end result. Is what Dallas does in the postseason, what Baltimore does in the postseason, what Philadelphia does in the Postseason's that's the important part of their seasons. Now, Mike McCarthy may not be back. John Harball is going to be there no matter what. But I mean you have Nick Sirianni may not be there, and maybe during the regular season. The fact that we average around two coaches fired during the regular season, somebody's going to get a pink slip here. And also you look at the postseason as well, because it feels like there's six or seven that eventually get fired. But I would say Philadelphia with Nick Siriani getting off to a good start, Jalen Hurts looks good, Saquon Barkley gets the ball. Packers play well, but losing a close one, Like, okay, I think everybody would be satisfied. Now, if you're a Packer fan, you don't want to lose a game. You just want to make sure that you're picking up where you left off last year, that you're competitive. You you know, you could play in the super Bowl. And there's some people who have them playing in the super Bowl. They think that highly of them. Philadelphia, we kind of forgot about because last year they were ten and one and we go all right, here they go again, and then all of a sudden they went down nose died. Now, even if they get off to a good start, to be like, yeah, we did this last year, they should be great now. There's a lot of weaponry in that lineup there, they should be great, not good great. But I don't know how many people said the Eagles will go to the super Bowl this year out of the NFC, just because we're not quite sure of that coach and his relationship with his quarterback. Yeah pulling.
Speaker 6: I got two things on the Eagles after the Packers. The Eagles have Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Browns, Giants. That seems lightly friendly, Yeah to start the season. Yeah, how about more pressure on them this season? A sneaky one. I don't even know who the new center is for the Philadelphia Eagles, but taking over Jason Kelcey. They master the quarterback sneak play last year and I'm guessing it's still going to happen. They're not gonna get rid of it because Keelzy retired. Yeah, that seems like a lot of pressure to master that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they got bigger problems than that, or the potential for bigger problems than that. Certainly when when the coach and quarterback aren't on the same page, like boy head makes me nervous. Now they've said all you know what, it seems like they're in sync, and you know they're saying all the nice things here, Well, everything was good. I'm get a guess when you're ten and one and then all of a sudden something changed there. I'm really curious about that dynamic of Jalen Hurts, Nick Sirianni and I'll go back to what I was told by an NFL scout feels like defense has got a little better handle on Jalen Hurts. Yeah, they need a book.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Once you get the book and now you realize, Okay, if we do this, he does this put him in this situation. So it feels like maybe they they need to go back to the drawing board a little bit with Jalen Hurts, just to make sure that he keeps progressing, evolving here. But those wide receivers, you got a tight end, you got Saquon Barkley, good offensive line, they should be really, really good. We were talking about rookie corps. Here's something for you. I did not know this. How many quarterbacks have started Week one for the Commanders since twenty seventeen. How many quarterbacks Week one? Different quarterbacks since twenty seventeen. Let me see, you want to take a guess here, so.
Speaker 5: That'll be seven seasons.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say five different quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pauli.
Speaker 10: Week one six, Seaton.
Speaker 2: Seven, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Eight eight is correct, Blue blue blue consistency.
Speaker 2: Jaden Daniels will be the eighth different quarterback to start Week one since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 8: Startup day, start day, start of the day.
Speaker 7: Startup to day startup Today start day startup to day.
Speaker 2: That list includes Sam Howe, Carson Wentz, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dwayne Haskins, Case Keen, and Alex Smith and Kirk the Cousins. Rookies starting, you know, making a debut haven't done well. It's been a while since we've had a rookie making his debut winning. You have to go back to Sam Darnold when he was with the Jets in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, this is a stat for you. I just looked up Sam Howell. Sam Howell last year was the starter for Washington. He led the league in passing attempts six hundred and twelve passing attempts, didn't leave the league in completions, just passing attempts.
Speaker 2: I like Sam Howe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you love on North Carolina.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I just like there's certain guys you go. But I don't know if he's his starting quarterback.
Speaker 10: He's very balanced. Twenty one touchdowns, twenty one picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that, not selfish. That reminds me of Jameis Winston. Was he like he we don't even consider like a thirty for thirty thirty club and in quarterbacks we have it in baseball wasn't Jamis a thirty thirty member.
Speaker 6: Jameis Winston almost had one of the wildest seasons in history twenty nineteen. He threw for fifty one hundred yards, led the league in yardage. He threw for thirty three touchdowns, second league, and he threw for thirty interceptions.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many thirty thirty quarterbacks have we had in history?
Speaker 8: Whole place? Yes, Marvin, it's gotta be just one. There's no way somebody.
Speaker 2: But you gotta be good to be able to throw thirty interceptions, because you keep your job by throwing thirty touchdowns like it's weird.
Speaker 3: You have to be given the chance to interceptions.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Jamis giveth and take it away. Do you think he's the only member of the thirty thirty club. I've got the list. I've got there's a list. Uh yeah, kind of Okay, how many quarterbacks have gone thirty thirty?
Speaker 6: I'll start with how many have had thirty interceptions. I'll throw some names who have had thirty that you know. Fran Tarkenton, Jameis Winston, Ken Stabler, Farv had twenty nine, George Blanda, then a bunch of old dudes, and how many have had thirty touchdowns? Plus let's get anyone think there's more.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say yes, now that you've said, like Kenny Stabler had to be good enough to stay in there.
Speaker 6: He had sixteen touchdown passes and thirty picks?
Speaker 2: Was that when he was in New Orleans?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: I got him in Oakland seventy eight? Dang, yeah, Seton.
Speaker 3: I feel like the thirty thirty club is full of Jamis Winston's of the world. He's a fellow who probably threw thirty touchdowns and thirty picks. Right, Yeah, that's it's got to be that sort of tier of quarterback.
Speaker 10: He is a standalone James Winston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, regulation the only member. All right, good for him.
Speaker 6: You have the close ones. I got George Blanda and John Hadel some older dudes.
Speaker 10: Seven touchdowns, Okay.
Speaker 6: One of the worst no offense, Vinnie Testa Verdi had a season in Tampa. Thirteen touchdown passes, thirty five picks.
Speaker 10: Wow, damn, you know what, we're going to keep him in. We're going to keep him in like week sixteen. Yes, yes, you have to be.
Speaker 2: Good enough to stay in there. Like John Starks against the Houston Rockets. Like he had to be good enough to stay in there and keep shooting threes, right, and he kept shooting three shooting, yeah, shooting, Yes, Tom, How could.
Speaker 7: You be considered good enough when your interception to touch every shore is almost three to one.
Speaker 8: That's that with Testa Verdi.
Speaker 12: That's a few interceptions ship exactly three to one picks to touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But he had to be good enough over the guy behind him, like the coaches gotta go, uh yeah, go back out there, Vinnie. Who is Vinnie's backup in Tampa Bay?
Speaker 6: Oh, the aging veteran from the Bill, Joe Ferguson one last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe Ferguson, how about that? This is number twelve?
Speaker 10: Just like leave the kid in there over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to play, Yeah yeah, all right, We're gonna take a break. And he is the face of NFL Network. Rich Eisen Will Jonas coming up, and a little later on, Matt Lioner doing a podcast with Jerry Ferrara called Throwbacks Podcast, So we'll talk to the uh star of Entourage and other things, Jerry and of course Matt Liner as well. That's a little bit later on. We're back after this with Rich Eisen on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: He's Mike Krmen, I'm Dan Bayern.
Speaker 13: We have a fantasy football podcast called I Want Your Flexed.
Speaker 1: That's right, Dan.
Speaker 12: Every week we're gonna scour the waiver wire to find the pickups to turbo boost your fantasy lineup, sit starts, fantasy football players rankings to get you ready to dominate the competition.
Speaker 8: Listened to I Want Your flex with Mike Carmon and me Dan Byer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts at wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up. Eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dp show e me. The NFL rulebook says two yard line when going for two point conversion, not the three yard line. Actually it's e us, isn't it, Marvin?
Speaker 8: It is yes. I thought it was a three yard line, so that is e Marvin.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: But if I had gotten it correct, then I wouldn't have given you credit for getting it correct. No, absolutely, we made a mistake. I almost got it right. Yes, Paul in Canada, it's a three yard line. Oh it is, you're thinking Canadian. I have been watching a little bit of the CFL lately.
Speaker 10: It's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Labor Day, I think there was a double header. Helloo. Rich Eisen joining us from Kansas City, the NFL Network host and host of The Rich Eisen Show on Roku. Richie Rich Great, see, I was worried about you the weather last night, lightning, Like I was a little concerned.
Speaker 13: No, I just I just you know, I'm a grounded man. Dan usually just twenty four to seven, So I grounded myself. I held onto Kevin Harlan and Kurt Warner in the Westwood One booth for dear life and just got through it. You just took it one rain drop at a time, and.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that. And then the rainbow came out.
Speaker 5: Oh look at us, a rainbow called the season kickoff.
Speaker 10: That's a fun game.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you take away? If I say, the one thing you take away from Kansas City is.
Speaker 13: What that they're one hundred percent of viable three peat opportunity in front of them, and they have the horses to go get it, and they didn't even they weren't even full compliment last night. Hollywood Brown is is at some point going to come back, and and I understand he hasn't had a career that is lit it up with them, but he definitely can take the top of a defense off and create more problems that that Mahomes can take advantage of. And so and and their defense looks just as good as last year. Chris Chris Jones is the Hall of Famer that's on their team that nobody really talks about.
Speaker 5: So you could take that away from the Chiefs last night for sure.
Speaker 2: And the one takeaway with the Ravens is.
Speaker 13: Is that they're just as good as last year, and that may just be one toe shy of being good enough, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean that that a couple of times.
Speaker 13: I was just wondering why they just went away from from Derrick Henry last night, and especially since their first drive of the game they had six runs from a running back in the AFC Championship Game loss, and that was definitely one of those moments that you're gonna be scratching your head about for the rest of your Football lives, And they handed the ball to Henry five times in the first drive, and I thought, okay, you know, let's check this box. They saw their problem from last year, they fixed it with one of the all time best and and and he did not have many carries the rest of the game. But that said, the Ravens can absolutely on any given AFC Championship Sunday, beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: They just didn't do it last night.
Speaker 2: And I think lost in the did he get in? Did he get was he out? Was Harball was going for two?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Which yay?
Speaker 2: I how do you what do you read into that that he's going for I know, on the road, you go for the win, but this felt playoff like.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And you know at Belichick gone, he's the second most tenured coach in the NFL, so he's you know, he's not looking over his shoulder to think what Steve Baschatti's going to think. And clearly, you know, when you have one shot from me, let me just check my notes here, two yard line to win the game, because we're in America, in America, you know, the parts of North America to a two point conversion from the two.
Speaker 5: That they they you do it.
Speaker 13: You take your shots, you don't leave Mahomes with the ball last That's why the Niners aren't champions in many ways right now. That's why we didn't open up in Santa Clara last night. So I'm not surprised by it. It's the sort of thing that he's constantly done in his career. And man, that was just the whole place went from loud and buzzing with excitement we're just being one playaway for the home team to win, to completely silent, to Sean hockyly making everyone delighted with the announcement. It was just great to be there last night.
Speaker 2: Give me the other game you're gonna look at and go, that's maybe not the best game. Like the most important game this weekend, including to is which game.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at? Steelers Falcons.
Speaker 13: Man, I just love the whole intrigue of how the Steelers and Mike Tomlin, who is the most tenured coach in the NFL, now that Belichick is working for six other media outlets right now, and Tomlin has switched up the approach on offense that Steelers.
Speaker 5: Fans have been.
Speaker 13: Full throated about, which is, let's find an offensive coordinator from outside the building, and he brings in Arthur Smith and then totally revamps the quarterback room, brings in Russell Wilson. The minute that Kenny Pickett, to use the Tomlin phrase, acts like a hostage instead of a volunteer.
Speaker 5: They send him across the Straight States to.
Speaker 13: Philadelphia, and then bringing Justin Fields for a fifth round pick in next year's draft. Totally remake the room and it's going to be Russell Wilson now going out there for Arthur Smith.
Speaker 5: I have no idea how that's going to look.
Speaker 13: And anything that you'd take a look at in the last couple of years, you're going to think that Russ is going to be less than again, but you never know. And to have that play out in Atlanta where they have completely revamped everything, new general manager, new quarterbacks, plural and the criticism that the Falcons received, including you know, I think you and I were kind of vocal on drafting Michael Pennix instead of the top defender on the draft board, well they kind of made up for that by getting Matthew Judon and Justin Simmons in the final weeks of August. I'm very excited to see how how both teams handle their first business and it's against each other.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Richison, NFL network host The Rich Iison Show. You can see that on Roku. He joins us from Kansas City. Points of emphasis for referees this year. We saw that last night with offensive tackles lined up or where they're lined up. Do you think we can get to a point, Rich where offensive tackles are looking at the side judge and going to my am I okay, like like receivers do that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Am I good? Am I good?
Speaker 11: Here?
Speaker 2: Because that seems to be a point of emphasis again.
Speaker 13: I think what we should do is just tell the offensive lineman that if you're lined up in a way where you could see one of your fellow lineman's cheeks, you know, like you could see if you could see one of the cheeks or the the opposite cheek from where you're lining up, you're you're not on size.
Speaker 5: I think maybe that could be.
Speaker 2: A point then I'm good. I'm good with that. Did you make your Superbowl vision?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 2: Your super Bowl picker?
Speaker 13: H Yeah, I said the Chiefs with three p It's about time. Just it's the last major North American sport where we haven't seen a champion three years in a row, and it's time and they really can do it. They really do have the roster to do it. They didn't get their coaching staff rated. Everybody is still in their prime or on the top end of their prime.
Speaker 5: And why not? I mean truly, why not?
Speaker 13: Because at some point, you know, Mahomes now that you're going to have to beat Patrick Mahomes in a winner, go home game, and Mahomes, I think, now has this aura that we've seen from you know, Michael and Kobe and Tiger truly, and you have to wonder and look around and say to when you see someone like Lamar, is he just having his prime moments in the wrong years in the same way we looked at Malone and Ewing in that respect back in the nineties, et cetera, et cetera. I do believe we're entering that realm and the Chiefs have what it takes to cash that in.
Speaker 2: We had a topic yesterday the biggest legacy boost by winning the Super Bowl? Which player would have the biggest boost to his legacy? Okay, now I picked Aaron Rodgers. Do you win with the Jets winning in New York? You know, we brought up Jared goff Mahomes obviously with the three pet dak uh. You know where that would place him, you know, in the pantheon of cowboy quarterbacks. So do you have a legacy boost? Pick?
Speaker 13: I might return to russ here, right, I mean at this Russell kind of had a Hall of Fame path.
Speaker 2: Is he still a Hall of Famer right now?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Has he played himself out of the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: I don't think you can argue anything else.
Speaker 2: Yes, personally nine Pro Bowls though nine Pro Bowls, two Super Bowls, one one.
Speaker 5: He does have the resume. It's just the last several years.
Speaker 13: You just have to wonder what's happened and and if he goes to Pittsburgh for Pittsburgh and wins it all for the Steelers, then that is one of the biggest legacy boosts you can talk about. And I know what you're saying with Rogers, but Rogers still has He's a first ballot Hall of Famer regardless of whether.
Speaker 5: He wins with the Jets this year.
Speaker 13: You just don't put him in the in the category of having one month multiple Super Bowls.
Speaker 5: And you know he doesn't. He doesn't get.
Speaker 13: Maybe a mount Rushmore conversation, but I don't think he particularly cares about that. Clearly, I think he would like it, but he's still a first ballot Hall of Famer. When he stops playing five years after he's he stops.
Speaker 5: Playing, he's in. I don't think you could say that about Russ. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: You know, success though with Ben and Terry, whereas the Jets have had one year and that's which go name it.
Speaker 13: Yes, I was a three month old embryo when the Jets won their Super Bowl, Dan, So I was you know, that was minus three months.
Speaker 2: You know, you didn't know what you were being berthed into as far as.
Speaker 13: Yes, and the Jets playoff, playoff seasonless streak has now been bar mitzved, so it's thirteen years. It's now a man in the eyes of the football lord, of course. So yeah, I know what you're saying in that regard, but it's still yes, he would he would be, he'd have a legacy in New York's sports lore, but he still goes into Canton. And so I'm looking at people who might be on that edge of the true legacy position.
Speaker 5: Are you in the Hall of Fame or not.
Speaker 13: And you know, Dak, you could make that case where he does shut everyone up. And by the way, I mean, would be able to show up at Jerry Jones's desk and say that's a sixty million dollars a year bag if I've ever seen one, you know, if if he doesn't sign in the next forty eight hours, which is kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: What's the interest though, that he's losing out on with this new deal? Like how much how much intro would be on a five year, three hundred three hundred million.
Speaker 13: Dan, Dan, I was more verbal on the SA tea. Oh yeah, yeah, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: Was math today, Dan, I my bad. It just came to me of how much interest you is he missing out on by not getting that contract the guarantee like as it goes on months, you know, yeah, yeah, five million years? Like is he missing out on five I don't.
Speaker 5: Know Jak's retirement plans taking it.
Speaker 2: Hit he's going to get seventy million dollars a year. I don't know about one of those. Well in one of the years, Yes, I see, like he's going to be I'm waiting to see, Like Shay gilgis Alexander is going to get He might be the first to get to eighty million dollars in the NBA.
Speaker 13: So if Dak signs first this year, like he signs for sixty million, yeah, in the next four eight hours. Yeah, does Brock Purdy become the highest paid player in the Bay Area on an annual basis? Now that's sixty two and a half. I believe Steph Curry just signed for for a one year extension. Does Purty beat Steph dan Patrick?
Speaker 2: Probably so?
Speaker 13: Rich Eisen, I think so too. And you never thought that you How about this? The race to the first sixty million dollars a year quarterback is Dak Prescott and Brock Purty and they you know, and they're going to play each other again in week six and seven, and it's going to be, you know, a metric as to whether each team is going to win the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 5: I'm so psyched Football's back.
Speaker 2: Dan Michigan, your Alma Maters seven point underdog against Texas tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, Yeah. Your question is, what's your question?
Speaker 2: How do you feel?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 13: We've won sixteen games in a row, and I'm very excited about those sixteen games in a row. We're taking a one game at a time. This one does genuinely concern me, and but it has been an incredible run if it Let's just put it this way, I don't want to see arch Manning on Saturday. I don't want to see him because if he comes in the game, that means he might be handed a mop.
Speaker 5: And I'm not really interested.
Speaker 13: In at in the in the stadium, in the big house.
Speaker 2: But you know, you never know, would you have been willing to take a pay cut at NFL Network to keep Jim Harball at Oh no, no.
Speaker 13: Dan, he did what he wanted to do. He hung the banner. He's now you know, going, and he's in the NFL. Thank goodness for that too, you know. I mean, if he wasn't in the NFL, Dan, you have to sit here and just wonder would Brandon Staley have been able to nail the ability to raise his quarterback up by praising his prowess inside a stuck elevator quite like Jim Harmon.
Speaker 2: It was yea of all the coaches who have had their quarterbacks stuck in an elevator, Harba stands out with his compliments.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it was a courageous act. It will stand there and be a leader in a stock elevator.
Speaker 2: And have planner of fascia while standing in the elevator, which maybe exacerbated that injury.
Speaker 5: That's next level, Dan, that is next.
Speaker 2: He's a hero, he's a patriot. He's a hero, he's an American. He's rich Ice. Good to talk to you about it.
Speaker 5: Same here, DP.
Speaker 2: That's rich Ice. Rich iceon show on Roku and NFL Network joining us from Kansas City, kans It's every time I say Kansas City, I think of the play by play cansa touchdown Kansas A couple of phone now, you know what. Let me take a break, then I'll get to all these phone calls here coming up. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patricks weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Some of the big games this weekend. Rams at the Lions My Super Bowl pick the Detroit Lions. It's a rematch from one of last year's best playoff games. Lions won at twenty four to twenty three. Matthew Stafford goes back to Detroit. Apparently his wife will not be joining him there and Nowhearon Donald like, that's one of those that you kind of have to go, oh, that's right. He retired because I think it was he's thirty two and decided that he was going to retire. That's a quiet retirement, mid March quiet retirement there. Titans at the Bears, Caleb Williams making his debut Roma Doonza all right, and I'm optimistic about the Bears. I've been told not to sleep on the Titans. I've haullen a sleep to the Titans.
Speaker 8: But that's not nice.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Time.
Speaker 2: Steelers at the Falcons that is. That's a whole lot of fun there. But I wonder if Russell Wilson Junior the third is going to be able to play. That calf injury is still there. Longhorns at Michigan, two of biggest, two of the biggest brands in college football. And it's an early start. It's a noon start at the Big House. Seven point underdog for Michigan. Yes, mark too early. That's for Maryland, Iowa. Yes, yes, at least a three thirty. Yeah. Now you have Colorado and Nebraska in prime time.
Speaker 8: No pun attended, but twelve o'clock is for like UCF Rutgers. You know, the ease end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't have the meal and then all of a sudden you have appetizers and then you're going to have a salad. Some people eat dessert first.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Who does some people? I'd like to know who some people are. I think you're making that up seating.
Speaker 7: I've had ice cream before slice of pizza on several occasions.
Speaker 10: Toddy, thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the support.
Speaker 14: We got it.
Speaker 2: South Florida at Alabama. Now, remember last year Alabama won seventeen to three. Man, you don't remember that. Okay, They're gonna honor Nick Saban on Saturday. It's a Sabin field at Bryant Denny Stadium.
Speaker 3: It's a little early for that honor.
Speaker 8: You think, so a little soon?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: What is the Alabama the way their options like a little soon?
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams getting his jersey retired by USC really yeah?
Speaker 8: And Reggie Bush and Reggie same day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm assuming Matt Lionard's jersey is retired, right, yes, Mark, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Think all Heisman winners jersey retired.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be awkward. If I bring it up to Matt Lioner next hour. Hey, how about Caleb getting his jersey retired and then he doesn't have history?
Speaker 11: Nice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So that's going on this weekend. King Sawaiian on Sunday Slider Sunday Kingswaiian dot com for recipe inspiration. Mitch in South Carolina, Hi, Mitch, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 14: Dan five eleven. Hey, I was just calling in weigh in on that travesty of a game last night in the last play, and I got a little Friday fritzy going on in my head. I think Lamar Jackson will most likely have to watch that over again to make sure that we're all seeing what we are because that was definitely out of bounds.
Speaker 2: Well it was, it was close, it was out of bounds. Now you can nitpick and say, you know, was the throw where it should have been the previous play should have had a touchdown. It felt like a walk in touchdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's that's one where film study you're going to be like, one team finds a way to win, the other team doesn't. That's the difference. Kansas City. I never I didn't think they were going to beat Baltimore and Baltimore last year during the playoffs. But great teams find a way to win. Yeah, pulling Marvin.
Speaker 6: I were just talking. Can you imagine if a Super Bowl ended with a play like that? Where to my eye, I thought it was a touchdown and the refs put them up pretty fast. It looked pretty fast. But that you start celebrating and then you have to look at it and it's not there's no plays next it's like, oh, we got one more down.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's good, then they they were going for the two point conversion. If that was the Super Bowl? Would you go for a two point conversion to win the Super Bowl? How about time? How about that?
Speaker 8: That's a good poll question.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom. Let me see Mitch in Oregon. Hey Mitch, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, how's it going today? Good morning? Thank you for taking my call. Five six one sixty A long time admire My wife and I are traveling back east next week. We're going to drive up to Bangor, Maine, and actually we're staying in Milford, Connecticut. I'm because I've never been over there and the only place I know is you know, from what you guys talk about. But I was wondering if what's the best route to take from Milford to Maine.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy you asked this.
Speaker 10: You're the expert witness, Dan.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a best way. I think there's only one way to go if you're going to Bangor Maine. But yeah, I just go to Way's and they tell me going to go up through Providence. Hey, if you get a chance, what is it Portsmouth, New Hampshire downtown. Stop in there right before the bridge take you into Maine. That's very nice. And there's a liquor outlet store as soon as you get into Maine, just in case you need to stock up. But yeah, Bangor Maine. Yes on both sides are Yeah, they get you and it's like a reddish pink warehouse there where you can buy all this liquor.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, I'm on my folios tracker, and it's a little early for Maine to have any foliage.
Speaker 2: But you never know.
Speaker 10: It could change.
Speaker 4: Bob in Montana, Hi, Bob, oh stay DP call him from the Manly Estate in the grade forty eight. I was on a hold yesterday with my timely poll question. Oh, given a historic day. Hey, given a historic day yesterday, opening day of the NFL, but also it was Freddie Mercury's birthday. Would you rather have seats for the game last night on the fifty yard line or front row center for a Queen concerts in their heyday back in the mid seventies.
Speaker 2: Definitely, It's not even close. If you me front row seats at Wembley Stadium with Freddie Mercury and I would take that Queen? Yeah, absolutely? Uh Phil in Iowa, I Phil, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Uh five? Uh? So cyclone talk? Guys meet Saturday. They've been playing since eighteen ninety four, one hundred and thirty years. Man, it's n Cyclones are down twenty three to forty seven all time in the series. Vegas says, Iowa, buy three two, you guys got.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the under always, Yeah, whatever it is, I'll take the under. The over under was forty and a half last week and it ended up forty to nothing. Iowa, they were playing Illinois State forty to nothing over under forty and a half. My prediction almost came true. I think I said twenty seven twenty one last night. But his seat and said you got it wrong, and I did. I was ready to go away. I got close twenty seven to twenty one. Yeah, but you got it wrong, so you got it wrong. Yes I did. I got it wrong.