Speaker 1: Hi, I'm slow and I know basketball, says guest. Played in the league for almost the amount of time I've been a lot.
Speaker 2: His journey from.
Speaker 1: Growing up in New Jersey, going straight to the league and playing on seven different teams is a story you won't want to miss. Let's get to know Al Harrington. Okay, Al, thank you so much for being here. I'm so excited to have you on. So I am seventeen years old and I'm a junior in high school, which I know is a little different from the usual people that interview you. So don't be scared. I promise I don't fight. Seventy year girls are fierce, but this is going to be a fun episode. So I like to sort off by asking you, because you are not seventeen, what you were like when you were seventeen.
Speaker 3: When I was seventeen, I think I was a lit young man, okay young man write and I was obviously playing basketball. I was one of the best best players in the country.
Speaker 2: During that time.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, I was really really focused on bass during that time. You know, I was trying to decide if I wanted to go to college or wanted to go pro, which I ended up deciding to go pro. You know, didn't have as many resources as I have once I became a pro, So you know, during that time, you know, it was just really laser focused on basketball. You know, I come from a religious family, so my mom made sure he was going to church and different things like that. So you know that that was the seventeen year old trying to figure it all out.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: So, like you said, you were one of the best players in the country. You were the gay rid player of the year. I think USA Today's national player of the year. How are you able to deal with the hype?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think it would have been a lot different if it was now, because remember when I was a long time yeah no, nil, no social media, those things or whatever. So the hype was more like very localized. It just kind of where I was and kind of in my head, you know, But I don't think I was getting kind of the national attention that a lot of these kids deal with now. So you know, I think because of that, you know, I was able to, you know, pretty much deal with it. And for me, it happened kind of at the end of my high school career. It wasn't like I was like a Lebron James or something. I was like being hyped since I was twelve years old. And I think that's when you, like, you know, things can get to your head and stuff. I think because I was more of a late bloomer or whatever, I think I was able to handle pretty well.
Speaker 1: Were you a late bloomer just like with your game or did you just actually grow really late?
Speaker 3: So I so I had my biggest growth spurt between eighth grade and my freshman year. I finished my eighth grade, yeah, being I was five ten and in two and a half months, I was six four.
Speaker 2: Two and a half months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I grew Like, oh, like, did.
Speaker 2: You sleep like every day for like twelve hours?
Speaker 3: I was sleeping. I was. I was in a lot of pain. I had something. I'm sure you might have had it to its being a ex athlete. I could slaughter, which is like a girl thing like in your yeees or whatever. So you know, I dealt with that. So I didn't play a lot that summer, you know.
Speaker 4: So I was in the house, yeah, in pain or whatever, drinking a lot of milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the milk, and to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Really that's like the key to grow.
Speaker 3: I give McDonald's a lot of credit for you know, no way.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's funny because I feel like so many kids now are trying so hard to grow, like they'll do everything to grow.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean to my little.
Speaker 1: Brother, but he takes like gummies every morning to try to get taller. And I've seen people on TikTok literally putting like splints in their legs and like actually physically making their legs longer.
Speaker 3: So your little brother is just a flint stones.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure that that's gonna help. Yeah, okay. And McDonald's like.
Speaker 3: Said, mc McDonald's ingreements.
Speaker 4: Changed now yeah, it's now.
Speaker 2: You think when you were a kid, it was like health there.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. It was like real beef and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know that. I feel like, yeah, I think it's fake. Do you believe in those conspiracy theories?
Speaker 3: I do that it's fake me. Yeah? Man? Have you e a but a big mac and just sating on your account for months and months and months and see.
Speaker 2: That I unfortunately haven't.
Speaker 3: You should try?
Speaker 2: I should, Okay, thanks?
Speaker 1: You know, speaking of McDonald's, I think it's really fun if you're traveling to go to different McDonald's in different countries. I was just in Japan for spring break and I went to McDonald's in Japan.
Speaker 2: It's a complete different thing in every country.
Speaker 3: And then they have like shrimp burgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very weird things.
Speaker 1: I mean, some of that's a little crazy. I think we need to just stick with or McDonald's. So I want to touch back on something you said earlier, which was that you, as we know, didn't go to college, but while you were in high school you had to make that choice.
Speaker 2: Am I going to go to college or am I going to go pro.
Speaker 1: Let's say you how you were seventeen now in twenty twenty five, and IL exists, social media exists, would you have gone to college and then, well, let's say the rule didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean especially if, like, if they weren't telling me that I was going to be a guaranteed top ten pick me being that good. You know, that's that's a lot of seven million dollar in IO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you should go and did that chat.
Speaker 3: So I would definitely go to college and take that. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: If a kid was asking you your advice, should I go pro or should I go to high school? Would you be an advocate on bringing that rule back? And would you tell a kid to go straight to the leaf.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, it really just depends on, like, you know, where they are physically and mentally, because that's the biggest challenge is you know, when you get there, making sure that you can you know, handle the physicality at a game, so like the mental grind of it and being mature enough to understand that, you know, all the things you did in high school has nothing to do when you get to the to the pro ranks because completely everything's different, the lifestyle, everything that demands. You know, you're no longer the best player anymore. You know what I'm saying, How do you deal with that? How do you understand like the work ethic to get over the top. So you know, it would really all those things would be a variable. I would really sit down and kind of understand like the kids, you know, his plans, his future, his family, will, kind of infrastructure you have before I would decide, you know, or tell him give him any you know, advice. But you know, going pro, you know for me obviously worked. You know, I think that with the rule being that they have to go to college for just one year is kind of silly, and I think that that's why we see college. You know, basketball has taken a huge hit because of these rules, because now you have kids that not have not vested, you can never really you know, get behind them because in the blank of an eye, they're already gone. You know. So but you know, if my son, to your point over the seventeen year old hour, you know, the foundation and infrastructure I had as a family, I would go pro.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because you made me think about something that I think maybe only really players understand that US fans don't really see, which is whatever guys commit to a college right. People are so quick to judge, like, oh, he should have gone to this place, he should have gone to this place. But listening to you, I realized how much goes into that choice, and now that.
Speaker 2: Can really make or break your whole career, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: It can, I mean even either at the pro level, right, it all depends on like where you go, right, right team, right right coaching staff. You know, I've seen a lot of players that I feel like, you know, would have been more successful if they went to a franchise or to an organization that was you know that you know, had a better infrastructure to support yeah, you know, compared to going to like some of the terrible franchises.
Speaker 2: The right piece of.
Speaker 3: Right, but we know we know who they are, right, we know the repeat defenders that never make the stuff like that. So you want to stay far away from them, and you know, try to play on you know, these teams like the Warriors and you know my next you know that's hot right now, this comes out. We're too old this ball say we're about to sweep them boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is great.
Speaker 1: I literally the past two four days, I keep saying there's no way the Necks are gonna win, and they win, Like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Give me your take on that. How is that possible? That the Knicks just won both games and.
Speaker 3: It's just time for New York to stand up? Okay, No, we've been through a lot over these games or whatever, and you know, uh, you know, we had an unbelievable first round against Detroit. You know, I think that you know, one game Detroit should have won, and that we should have actually went back to Detroit down three too. But the basketball guys are taking care of us, and obviously it's not over, you know, you know, because Boss is a very dangerous team. They've had us down twenty each game, but they haven't been able to finish. So hopefully we can keep that going. Yeah, New York, New York.
Speaker 1: My dad is from New York and he's a Knicks fan, and I feel like it's funny to see I've never seen him this happy.
Speaker 2: I think this is the happiest he's ever been.
Speaker 1: Like, if the Knicks make it to the finals, I know I'm gonna be getting a lot of gifts.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna care.
Speaker 1: I could come home and get an F on my mouth test and no one would care as long as the Knicks are doing well, Like that's money. And so I'm really hoping that the I'm next continue to win. So now I want to talk a little bit about your NBA career. I do agree from what we talked about you as a seventeen years I think you were a young man like you said and take the words out of your mouth. But now we're going to talk about your NBA career. What was your eye made it moment?
Speaker 3: My I made it moment? I don't know if I really had one per se, but I think that, you know, uh, during my my first year, there was an NBA lockout, yes, and we had a meeting in New York where all the players were kind of there to kind of get an update on like when we were going to play. And I think that when I walked in a room and I saw like Michael Jor and Charles Barkley and David Robinson and all the guys who were like my heroes going all in one room and like, I'm in business with them now, like one of this your peers. Yeah, I was just like, oh my god, I'm here. Yeah, that would probably be it.
Speaker 1: Is there any specific moment where you think you were part of a rookies I made a moment like you just totally crushed a rookie and you're like this moments like that.
Speaker 2: For them, or you don't think so, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Really. I mean, I'm sure you were like that for a bunch probably, you know.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, I think that we all kind of trained to kind of be cool even though we want to fan out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying for certain.
Speaker 3: People or whatever, but so, yeah, I'm sure it is because you know, I when that that you say that, it has been a couple of players that have told me I was their favorite player and stuff like that, you know what I'm saying. So that probably would be that like that kind of moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So let's go back to the next So there was a stretch on the next when you were averaging twenty a game. How did you deal with that pressure of being that guy in New York Because when you're that guy on the Knicks, that's way different than being that guy on the Hornets, Like Charlotte does not care as much as New York does, you know, So I want to hear what that was like.
Speaker 3: Well, I felt I felt the pressure. Like out of every place that I played, the Garden was the only place that before every game I had butterflies, really just because I never wanted to get booed, because the Knicks fans are something else because they will boo you, and then they'll you and then they'll boo you, you know. And I had a couple of teammates that I play with that will like get booed consistently, like even one of them that started and they will literally say his name in the starting lineup and they will boom, you know. So it was always something that I never wanted to be a part of. And I can't say that I never got booed in my two years of playing there.
Speaker 2: What was the specific reason you got food?
Speaker 3: No, I said, I did not.
Speaker 2: You didn't You never got booed. Okay, that's like you should make like a book about that. I never did.
Speaker 1: But because I swear everyone's always I'm having someone to But who was the craziest fan that you saw sitting court side at msg U?
Speaker 3: Craziest fan? So there's a there's a guy out of in Indiana that we call him the Signed guy or whatever. So he'll be there, you know, tomorrow for the playoff game. He always has like these crazy signs or whatever. So I would say he's probably the most animated fan court side. And then there's also another guy in Toronto.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm pretty sure he's like in the Hall of Fame, like he like something crazy like that.
Speaker 3: He's pretty intense on the sun line too. So those guys stick out.
Speaker 2: From any celebrities that you saw.
Speaker 1: You looked over and you were like, oh my god, they're sitting courtside watching you play.
Speaker 3: A little bit. I mean in New York all the time. Yeah, ever, you know you got all the actors and actresses. You know, obviously Spike Lee's there all the times. You know. I used to always be I be cool when like jay Z used to come watch us play and stuff like that. But yeah, there's always somebody in New York.
Speaker 1: It's funny too because I feel like this is more of a teenage girl thing, I feel like, than a grown man thing. But sometimes there's like influencer drama that like happens when people come to games with their boyfriends.
Speaker 2: And like sit courts side and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Like when Kylie Jenner and Timothy Shallomey were sitting court side, I was freaking out because it's like, oh my god, this is their hard launch whatever. And then I realized, you, no NBA player probably has any idea what a big moment.
Speaker 3: This is what you got to educate me. What is a hard one?
Speaker 1: Okay, hard line? Okay, So there's a soft launch and there's a hard launch. Because now everything goes on social media, right, so sometimes you're dating someone, right, but it's not like a thing on social media and then a soft launch is let's say you were like walking on the beach, right and you like took a picture of someone like standing out in like the ocean or something, but no one knew who it was. But this was like your soft launch, like you're showing you're in a relationship. And then a hard launch is like the first time you like, in their case, would be like going public. But then it would also be like the first time you actually post like a specific selfie, like, Okay.
Speaker 2: Now people know I'm dating them, Like it's not rumors anymore. You know. Now you know you can tell your daughter, you can be like, oh, I saw the hard line she does.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she's cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. Well I feel like you're cool. So do you think you're a cool dad?
Speaker 3: I'm the coolest dad. My kids always tell me I'm the best dad, but I'm the only one they know.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: But do you think best in cooler lines? I don't know best in cool or like synonymous.
Speaker 3: That's true, so that I'm definitely the coolest, because I mean, look at the way I yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's true. You're a pretty cool dad. Like I feel like when you go to like even like a performance at school, Like I'm sure the other dads are like fat and have like beer bellies, and like then you.
Speaker 2: Show up and it's like that you logged them? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I'm making you see, this is the thing I'm making cool and mogged is like when you're like, oh, like I'm it's basically just like being better than someone, but like.
Speaker 2: The actual way where them mogged them, them mogged them.
Speaker 1: The way it works is is like if you take a picture with someone and one person in the picture is like really cool looking at the other person's like really ugly, but that guy mogged them, so you're mogging the other day. You can also say that too. Yeah, I'm definitely I'm really taking credit if.
Speaker 2: You win the Coolest Dat award. I feel like I need to like get.
Speaker 3: I had to find out what a gap was.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like.
Speaker 2: I got something in my eye. So I'm like that, how did you learn? You asked your kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she kept saying, I'm like, what is going on? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: You have so much to learn, so much to learn. All right, so let's get back to basketball.
Speaker 1: Al So, how often did you wear a new sneaker when you played every two games, every two games, and you were never getting like blisters or your feet weren't hurting.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I had insoles or whatever custom insuls that I was slat in and out of the shoes or whatever. But I always felt like as hard as I played, it was a two game minimum, excuse me limit. And then you know, sometimes I'll get hot in a shoe.
Speaker 2: Oh, so then you want to keep so I.
Speaker 3: Get a little super sitshes, you know, I might want to keep this one going back to back twenty five point nice, Yeah, to keep it going. So every once in a while I will weigh more, but mostly it was always too Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was there a certain shoe brand or a certain shoes style that you always loved?
Speaker 3: Of course Nike, you know, and uh, you know, whenever they would allow me to wear Jordans, because, believe it or not, in the NBA, like they don't. You know, if you have a Nike contract, they want you to wear Nike's.
Speaker 2: Not no Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is confusing, which is where you think you're pushing the same yes or not I'm saying believe it that they were.
Speaker 3: Those two companies different, you know, but you know, every once in a while they would send me some you know, exclusive Jordans and I'll just wear them and just have to worry about the consequences that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly who cares from? Like I looked fly out, Yeah that's all.
Speaker 1: It not is So you always have to guard some legends at the fore position, right, for instance, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, et cetera. What was your mindset guarding players like that? And then also who was the best for that?
Speaker 2: You ever played against the.
Speaker 3: Best power for So it's funny like when I first came in the league, I actually played against like Karl Malone. You probably don't know who that is really knows everything. Come on, So I played, Yes, I played like Carmelone. Obviously I played Charles Barkley, Uh, you know KG, Tim Duncan. So out of those two, like, it was two different kind of games, right, because with Kevin it was very intense and he's like talking trash the whole time. So you know, with Tim you could just kind of focus on the game, but with Kevin you had to focus on the game and the mental aspect of him like calling you names and you got to like step up and like who you talking to? You know, and then he's really like talking to himself the whole time, and you have to learn that. So it took me probably like seven years before I realized it. Like he's not even talking to me, he's talking to himself and his last I told my daughter the other day because she, you know, when she played certain players like you know, or like she would like be up, you know, don't like him or whatever, and she likes so she'll play harder. So I told her, I said, sometimes you got to just walk up to the girl like you called me a what? Oh for real, that's what you called me, even though the little girl never said anything thing. Get yourself, don't because that's what Kevin used to do.
Speaker 2: So he was like completely delusional, just.
Speaker 3: Making like literally no one said anything to him. He like, what you say? Oh for real? You like I didn't say nothing.
Speaker 2: I would like start crying. I freak out, Like that's a crazy tactic. Oh my god, I need I'm sad. I'm not playing soccer anymore. I would definitely. I would, definitely. I always was sad.
Speaker 1: I felt like, I don't know, maybe people have different experiences, but for me, in my youth sports career, no one ever trash talked. The girls were never trash talking. And I want to give it to me like I wanted to. I wanted to, and no one ever did it, No my dad except for me. I got in a huge fight in middle school girls soccer and that was.
Speaker 2: The only time.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, people take it so personal. I said one thing short of crying. She told her friends she hated me, like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, it's not that deep.
Speaker 3: What did you say? Slow?
Speaker 1: I can't say it on you, Okay, I'll do Maybe you're done get in trouble. I like, if I was your daughter, you probably wouldn't want her to say to the world right.
Speaker 3: Well, I could hear was she. I could hear her a lot of times. She has a potty mouth. And then one day my wife put a little microphone on to hear everything. Was just like, yo, you're crazy. Yeah, But they talked the whole time. That's why I'm surprised, because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: As you can tell, I'm a chatter.
Speaker 1: I love to talk, and so I would actually sort of do the Kevin Garnett thing where I would talk under my breath. It wasn't to anyone, and it didn't really have to do with anyone. I was just either mad or bored, and so I would be talking myself. But then sometimes as a forward, you know, it's quite different than basketball, where it goes so quickly back and forth.
Speaker 4: I would be.
Speaker 2: Standing up there and the game would be the whole other way.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I would sing Hamilton because it was like like, you know, the Broadway musical Hamilton, because it was always stuck in my head.
Speaker 2: And then I would realize, like, oh, everyone can hear me. This is like a just me thing.
Speaker 1: So I had to work on that. But yeah, no, I definitely wish that there was more trash shocking. Maybe one day I'll get to play in the NBA Celebrity Game and I can.
Speaker 2: Really I'm an awful basketball player.
Speaker 1: I know it better than I can play, but I could use your trash shocking and we.
Speaker 3: Could teach you too.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You know, I won't charge you.
Speaker 2: Oh it's really nice. Actually, Baron Davis tried to teach me how to dunk. It didn't go well, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But he was yeah, yeah, that's one of.
Speaker 2: My guys, that's one of your guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately I couldn't jump as high as him, so it didn't really I wasn't able.
Speaker 3: He's got a lower the rum.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Then it's fine. And you can just be delusional.
Speaker 1: You can tell yourself it's ten feet, but it's really not. So now I want to move onto the current NBA. Are you a fan of today's current NBA or you're being boring old head.
Speaker 2: And you would just liked it when you play.
Speaker 3: I'm not a hater, Okay, you know what I'm saying. If I was a hater, I couldn't be cool. So I mean, I don't. I love the game today. I love the talent level. I just wish they played a little.
Speaker 2: Different different in what way just you know, I wish they.
Speaker 3: Cared a little bit more on the defensive end. I wish that you know, they played know, they just played basketball right right now. I just feel like everything is just like, you know, get up to get the ball to the court and shoot at three as fast as you can. Yeah, right, And it's taking out a lot of like the thinking part of the game. But you know, outside of that, I love it. You know, I have a seven year old son who I think is you know, NBA caliber, worthy and caliber. So I gotta love the game, right, Yeah, I gotta get him there. I got like a twelve year you know, run to get my little man in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, that's exciting. One day he'll be on slow notes.
Speaker 1: I can't waits other than nixt players because obviously you're a big Knicks fan.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite current player in the league and why favorite.
Speaker 3: Current player in the league. I love Kyrie, Irvin, Okay, young guys. I love Shay. Who doesn't I love Joker.
Speaker 2: That's surprising to me. I hate him.
Speaker 3: Why do you hate Joking?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a Warriors fan, and so it's just like he just obviously he's incredible, right, But like I like the guys that like you look at them and you're like, okay, like they have aura, Like I get why they're good. It's fun watch like Yoki is just it's just annoying because he's he's fat and falld no offense, and then it's.
Speaker 2: Like and then he just and then he just goes the dad bought.
Speaker 1: And then he just dropped sixty on your team and you're like, oh, like I remember there was this one game, I think last season where it was a regular season game, and usually when I watch Warriors game, I'm doing my homework during it, so I'm like looking down, looking up whatever.
Speaker 2: And the Warriors were.
Speaker 1: Winning, and I think there was like one of those weird things where it's like literally one second lest so the only thing they could do was like quickly catch.
Speaker 2: It and like go.
Speaker 1: And I'm doing my homework and like oky, the Warriors won, and then I look up and I see yok its like this and I'm like, you're kidding, and he just chucks it from half court and makes it. It's just like those moments. I know, if you're a Nuggets fan, I get that you love that, but then I hate it right right?
Speaker 3: And then my new favorite play is Jalen Bruns.
Speaker 2: I know you said King Anywyork.
Speaker 3: Big body, big body, bruston special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your thoughts on like NBA nicknames? Like I love calling Cat big Bodega because it's just like so stupid. I think it's funny. Do you have a favorite current nickname?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't let me think. Uh, probably Joker, right, I think, yeah, that's a good one. What's another going?
Speaker 2: Well? I like this one?
Speaker 1: Brandon Pajimski people call him the Pythagorean theorem.
Speaker 4: So you know, I don't know how to spell.
Speaker 1: It's a square plus you know, a scure puss B squared equals square, which is only funny to me because that's exactly like what I'm doing in math. And then that's his nickname. Wait, Pythagorean probably pe y pi th h pi thag Okay, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Why don't you try?
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to try.
Speaker 3: I can't spell unless it's on the phone, and then.
Speaker 2: You have auto correct. That's cheating.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't really be in a spelling be an NBA spelling b would not.
Speaker 3: Well. When I was a kid, I was in I was in every spelling bee, really, I promising squad, promise every I always lost a close to winning, but I always made it to like the final.
Speaker 4: Stage, to get at least you got there school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every every year I made it to the stage. But like third word, I was.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, no, that's stress.
Speaker 1: They throw out the craziest word. I didn't even know these things were words.
Speaker 2: And then they're like they're like medicines and like people have this fault. It's so random.
Speaker 1: What would advice would you give to some of the young guys in today's NBA if you.
Speaker 2: Were there of that.
Speaker 3: Man, just you know, continue to perfect your craft, never get complacent. Understand that the game is continue to evolve every year, so you have to kind of evolve with it. So when you have that mindset, you know you're gonna always be looking every summer to kind of add something to your game to be a better player. Right. That's the reason why I was able to play sixteen years. You know, I always remember the young Alharentson that walked in the locker room and saw all these old guys in there, and I was like, I'm vettered in them. I wasn't. Eventually I got there very quickly two to three years, where you know, now the team is deciding that, you know, we're going to go forward with the young guys and get rid of the veteran guys. But then once I became that guy, I remembered these young guys are coming in like, oh else terrible. I'm not there. But I had to hold another day. So the way I was able to do that is I had to keep evolving my game. So it's had to keep working.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because you just mentioned how you played sixteen years in the league, and I was just thinking about, that's my whole life, right, right, like your sixteen years.
Speaker 2: If your life wasn't anything, that's my whole life.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So much time in the NBA, Like I can't believe it, that's insane. Speaking of that advice, if someone came to you and was like, I'm a rookie right now and I want to play it as long as an NBA career as you which is not common, it really isn't. I mean, I think the average NBA career is like four years. What advice would you get?
Speaker 3: Take care of your body, obviously, take care of your money just in case it doesn't work out. But you know, for how I look at it as professional athletes, like, yes, people judge us bout what we do in the court, But how I look at how I always perceived it was like they're paying me to be in the best shape possible, right, and if I'm in the best shape possible and I continue to work on my game, I should have longevity in the game. Yes, you know what I'm saying. I actually I made it. I got here, and the way that you stay here is by doing that, by taking care of yourself, working on your game, and being a good citizen, right, stay out of trouble, and you know you'll find your you know you'll find yourself in it him plus years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so obviously, like you said, it is important to stay in shape. But when you did have a cheap meal, what would your cheatmail be?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so many things. I mean, I love, I love so during my career, I cannot go to bed without eating cereal at night.
Speaker 2: That's so weird. So breakfast for dinner, it was like your.
Speaker 3: Things, every don't miss bowl of cereal. I went through my ice cream phases. I went through my cake phases and different things. But I still have the same sweet tooth. My daughter and my soccer player daughter, and she has it just like me. So as much as I'm like complaining, like stop eating sweets, sweets are eating right, But yeah, that so all kinds of stuff, but cereal was my main, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Main.
Speaker 1: I also feel like if I was in the NBA and I was trying to stay in shape, the last team I'd want to be on was either the next or the Lakers because those cities have such good food and like there's such like big cities with so many different dessert options that I was so carried away. Like I feel like whenever, like you're in New York City, you're like walking on the street and there's some crazy Like I've been to a place in New York City where it's set up like it's an ice cream shop, but then it's cookie though all different fleetors. Like if I was on the Knicks, I'm just go there every day, and I don't think I would stay in the league for that one.
Speaker 2: So I'm impressed that you were able.
Speaker 3: To eat that and say I worked out hard.
Speaker 2: That's okay, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: So wow, the Luca Maverick Sleeker's trade obviously shocks the world. I want to hear what your opinion is on that trade.
Speaker 3: That was a ballsy trade.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was very ballsy. So Nico the general manager day is one of my best friends.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, I support him in his vision.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: But you know, for the city, I know it was very tough. You know, tough pill to swallow, as they say, you know, if you've really been watching Luca and stuff like that, Like my only concern would be for him long term. It's like how long is his body going to have?
Speaker 1: You don't think he's listening to your advice of staying shit. Maybe he's going to the cookie dough places. It seems that way.
Speaker 3: And you know what happens is it sucks, right because all the European players have that come to the United States, right, they ate food. It's like not processed and as good as our food. So when they get here, like I have a bunch of teammates, Like they get here and they come in, they weigh one hundred and eighty pounds and then by the time we get done the season, they're like two tens. Yeah, and it's just because they found cookies. Yeah, and they found ice cream.
Speaker 4: They didn't know that.
Speaker 1: The honest tweets, like, if you go back to his old Twitter tweets, Twitter tweets, is that how you say it?
Speaker 2: Tweets X No, it's called X time, so it's fun even tweets whatever.
Speaker 1: If you go back to his old tweets, honest is like he like has a broken English and he tweets like smoothie, what is it smoothie?
Speaker 2: Or like I just found out what oreos are?
Speaker 3: All that stuff, and when they finally they just binge and then they you know, it kind of gets out of control, yes or whatever, But yeah, I think they obviously, Like you know, with Luke, I'm a big fan. I think he's one of the greatest players ever, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, my concern is always at the end of the season he kind of flames out, just because it's a long season one and if you're not taking care of yourself along the way, when it gets to the playoffs, it becomes so intense and the games are like every other day, it just becomes a different kind of demand on your body. It could be concerned, especially if you were, you know, sitting here thinking about you know, paying him four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Totally. Well, now, the trades in the past, it happened. It happened.
Speaker 1: We don't have to hate on your best si go, it's fine, it's fine. I'm sure he had some thought. I'm curious, do you think Lebron should say with the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's for forty eight years old.
Speaker 2: Fifty years No, he's like forty one.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, okay, yeah, yeah, I mean literally older than him.
Speaker 3: But why would Lebron move like he's too old to be moving around.
Speaker 2: How many years do you think he has left?
Speaker 3: So honestly, I personally think that he could play five more years if he wanted to, because he takes care of himself. Yeah right, he has like like whatever, he has the body that can do it. But I personally think this is his last year coming up.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah you think.
Speaker 3: I just think because Lebron's done so much for the game, and as we know about Lebron, Lebron loves a little bit of attention and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I had the same theory so.
Speaker 3: That he wants to do a victory tour where they like, you know, give them cars. Yeah, cool chairs for his house and all paintings and all that kind of stuff around.
Speaker 1: I literally had the exact same thought when people were saying like that was Lebron's last game, I'm like, guys, let's like remember who Lebron James. He is not going out humbling, like he wants people to be like you are the going game and be like the exactly the way, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see. I feel like he's gonna he would announce it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe training camp next year.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, maybe coming training Yeah, and say.
Speaker 3: You know somewhere with my family, this is going to be the last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you decide you were going to retire?
Speaker 3: Well, my knee told me I was done. I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wanted to just get.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play. So I was forty five too, like Lebron. Yeah, but my niece said it's time to go go home, buddy. So that's what I need. So yeah, that's what happened to me. I had to watch knee surgery that went bad, and two years later I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's put on the GM half for a second.
Speaker 1: If you were to propose one trade this off season, it could be any two teams involved, three teams, three team trades exist.
Speaker 2: What would the trade be?
Speaker 3: Well, obviously, the hot person right now that needs to get out of this situation is honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, does he really isn't that dire of a need for me get out?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 3: It just doesn't feel right just look at it. He doesn't seem like he's bought in anymore. So he's going right, So I see places like the Raptors and all that kind of stuff. I think he's like, he's box office, so he got he has to figure out how to get to a big market, right. I would love to see him go.
Speaker 4: To the Knicks, just gonna say that.
Speaker 3: But what would we have to give up to get him? Right?
Speaker 1: But he's a free agent, so you don't really have to technically, I guess you don't think you have to give up?
Speaker 2: Would be salary cap, Yeah, but we.
Speaker 3: Have to make some moves just to pay him, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's a nice thing though, not even to trade someone makes.
Speaker 3: It so much easier. Yeah, I don't. Yeah, but the honest would be the pub But I'm not sure where I was send them? Where could they? Where could they use young? They can use him in Houston?
Speaker 2: They could, they could.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what I would pack, what they would have to give up because they kind of do need those young guys. I would love to see him, you know what. I would really love to see him now that with like talking gm al Jim, get him to Oklahoma City, Wow, Because I feel like there's Shay and then there's Jay Williams. The James William j ub there's still a little bit of a fall off. He doesn't really have his.
Speaker 1: Battle Robin, So there's no no Chet Holmgren love Lou Door.
Speaker 4: We're just saying love those guys, love them.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about if you want to see okay, you win the champions.
Speaker 2: Okay, then you think that you need to add that one extra.
Speaker 3: But somebody that's his Now, those two guys like I forgot about about check, Like Chet is like he's the white KT oh wow right, yeah, but you know he's just a little too tall to be as smooth as KT.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he just you know, someone who actually needs to start eating young food a little bit more.
Speaker 2: He's so I think his legs are smaller than mine.
Speaker 3: But I'm friends like that. You can't put you can't put weight on one for yeah, so he's always going to be like that. But they do have a lot of good players. But I would like to see like a veteran of that level go down and play with them, and then I think they really would be serious.
Speaker 1: Even though you are older than me, am I allowed to respectfully disagree with you, of course?
Speaker 2: Okay, here can I tell you why I'm respectfully disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Shay's a guy who he can only work, he can only win if the ball is in his hands. He's I love him. I'm not calling him selfish, right, but he's a guy that needs to take so many shots. I mean he gets to the free throw line. That's that's how they win, right. And then you put Giannis on his team, who's arguably the best player in the league, and he now has to learn how to be this like second option.
Speaker 2: He's practically the MVP. I don't think that that's how his game works.
Speaker 3: Can I respectfully disagree that you can now? So yes, I agree with what you're saying. But at the end of the day, you're going to have to share the ball anyway. Giannis does not need to be the number one option.
Speaker 4: He doesn't you think can be a number two off for sure?
Speaker 3: They play with him. And then the difference is we're talking about winning, but talking about regular season winning, we're talking about championships. What is it going to take to get him over the humps? So this playoffs is still not over yet, so we got to see what happens. We may be wrong, right, or I may be wrong. Excuse me, Shaye may win it all, you know what I'm saying. But I don't think that he can with that cast. I think he needs a solid veteran, certified gangster you know what.
Speaker 2: No, I know what that is, who knows everything.
Speaker 3: I keep for getting. I'm sorry, I forgot the name of the show. Please, but I think he needs something like that. But we're gonna see that because the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Well see I'm excited. Yeah, yeah, maybe like if Shae like wins.
Speaker 1: Then in his press conference, he's like, what, like drove you? He's like, well, I watched like this amazing podcast, this incredible girl and that Al Harrington was like, I don't think sha can win the chips, and then I just like it really pushed me to get there.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll feel that it'd be cool that we're gonna go viral.
Speaker 2: That would be got what. I actually love that that happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, great, all right, So now we are going to play a quick little camp. Okay, so I'm going to name a couple of NBA players from the past, way before I was even alive, boring, and you're gonna tell me who their NBA current player comparison is.
Speaker 2: So are you ready?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have like a time I got you can you can?
Speaker 2: You know what? You can have as much time as you want. I mean, don't take like a day.
Speaker 4: But like you know, like a couple, I say past.
Speaker 2: To yes, you can. You can do whatever you want. See slow is very chill.
Speaker 3: Do what you want. You know you are a little scary.
Speaker 2: I know, I told you I knew you.
Speaker 1: I guys, when I walked in, I said, are you scared? He was like, I'm not scared, but I could see it.
Speaker 2: I knew. I knew it. I knew it. I am scared.
Speaker 4: Okay, Chris Webber, Chris Webber?
Speaker 3: Right now see where? See where? Who is a seaweed.
Speaker 2: To singing? Help you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Making a move? I can see who plays like seat.
Speaker 2: Pass you're passing? Okay, okay Tim Duncan.
Speaker 3: Who plays like Timmy Boring just gets it done? Karl Anthony Towns, Okay, maybe mb.
Speaker 2: Enved he doesn't really get as hurt as all.
Speaker 1: Like you also have to think about that, right like he like hero you doesn't even play anymore.
Speaker 3: You didn't say availability, you just said who plays like?
Speaker 1: But I like to get like that's the point is so I like to get like deep you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I would go with ye maybe like I like the.
Speaker 1: Cat one that's funny shoot the ball? Yeah, okay, what about Carmelo Anthony.
Speaker 3: Who plays like Mellow Mellow was a special talent. You could score that ball at a high click six eight. You know what's flinning? Like the league right now? It is not a lot of those guys that is mostly like the guards that do all the scoring.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you a hawk to this exact question?
Speaker 1: You think, well, if we did this episode in two years, you could you say, Kayne Anthony see what I'm saying, because you could just say it was just like his dad and you wouln't really have to think about it.
Speaker 3: We don't have the size and oh so you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to say that.
Speaker 4: That would just be like he's not he's not his dad yet, but he could be.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a terrible jopetism. Okay, somebody else? Who else you got?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's say Kobe Nobody, nobody? Okay, that's fair, that's fair, that's fair. Uh, Monta Ellis.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be mad anybody, I'll say.
Speaker 1: That's another one to say someone really vad.
Speaker 3: Friend like, he don't play like me. Who y'all got?
Speaker 2: This is becoming a whole conversation Daron Fox.
Speaker 3: All right, they said Dean Aaron Fox.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're just gonna go with it.
Speaker 3: I like the Aaron Fox. I think Stefan Castle a little bit.
Speaker 2: M I like if you're listening to the Peanut Gallery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I need my health.
Speaker 1: Yeah my gallery is Peanut Gallery.
Speaker 3: Who that's good? Ask me my little again?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, So I would like me to read you this whole question to make him seem like he has elap all knowledge. So let's just pretend again to make him seem about it smart.
Speaker 2: Okay, aw let me show you my acting.
Speaker 1: Ow, if you had to tell me a current a player in the current NBA who you think plays like Carmelo.
Speaker 2: Anthony, who would it be? Oh my god, that's such a smart I did. Did you just think about them? You think about things?
Speaker 3: They have the same body, they have the same body body, Yeah, they that thing don't get Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. You have such great ball knowledge. Wow. Wow, I'm really amazed this. I should switch the name to Sloan knows way lesson alt him because you just know so much. It's amazing. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now I want you to give us your all time starting five, your best ever teammates, because in sixteen seasons you played with some incredible guys.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. At the point guard, point guard, Baron.
Speaker 4: Davis, Sloan knows alone, the two.
Speaker 3: Guard, Reggie Miller, the three, Joe Johnson, the four small Ball era, I'm gonna go, uh Steven Jackson, okay, And at the five, Jermaine.
Speaker 4: O'Neil love it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now we're gonna move on two. When you were on the Warriors.
Speaker 1: So let's I feel like we've been talking a lot about when you were on the Knicks, and that's cool if you're an extent.
Speaker 2: But I'm a Warriors fan, so I want to talk about the Dubs.
Speaker 1: So let's go to the We Believe Warriors, and I want to do a little bit of team superlative, so, you know, like in a high school year, buto they be like who's the most likely to succeed, who's the most likely to be president.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do stuff like that with the We Believe Warriors.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready? Yep?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Who stayed out the latest or showed up the latest to practice, Stephen Jackson. Okay, if uber was a thing, then who would have had the worst uberrating?
Speaker 3: Probably this kid named Michael Petris. Okay, why just because you never knew what he was talking about?
Speaker 2: He put on, wait, actually this is an important question. This is off topic.
Speaker 1: When you go in your uber, you know you can put like preferences like the air conditioning, talking, whatever.
Speaker 2: What are your preferences?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mind, just no talking. Keep the car temperature around sixty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, you have very pritty.
Speaker 1: I don't even do like wow, A lot of who you got, I know what I like, so they say hi 'or not very I can tell your stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought. I knew you were that.
Speaker 3: I had one in Vegas the other day. Old man he talked to me told I was like, he's cooked.
Speaker 2: Once you're uberating, do you know it?
Speaker 3: Mine is like four point seven eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's impressive. I actually have a five star.
Speaker 3: But I'm a whole four seven eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not as good as mine.
Speaker 3: Somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably it was me. I hacked into the uber out and I changers to be like that. Yes, because I'm just as I just decided to be a hater. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You're on vacation and you can bring one teammate. Who are you bringing.
Speaker 3: During that time? I probably would have brought I probably put Jay Rich Jason.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's talk about that We Believe Warriors but nowadays? Right, so you have one phone call to save your life as forty five year old doll, you're not like young and cool anymore.
Speaker 2: Who do you call and why?
Speaker 3: On the current team?
Speaker 1: Yes, it had to be someone who's on the We Believe Warriors, but you're calling them today in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll probably call Steven Jackson.
Speaker 2: Why do you think you would just come save you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my dog. He has he has to. He has to both owe each other a lot.
Speaker 2: Interesting here, Okay, so how I know you're a father? Right? Do you play two K with your kids?
Speaker 3: Ever? No, you don't.
Speaker 2: Do you know how two K works?
Speaker 3: And I kind of get it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you know that ratings The lowest you can get is a twenty five and the highest you can get is.
Speaker 2: A ninety nine. Yeah you know that?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: So your only MBA two K rating was from when you were on The Warriors from two thousand and six to two thousand and seven, which is the year I was born.
Speaker 2: So exciting.
Speaker 3: It's like seventy five.
Speaker 2: Right, you're being.
Speaker 1: Too You're going too much in the future. Let's we got to, like, you know what I mean, be like chill. Okay, so you have to tell me. I'm gonna tell you different categories and you're gonna guess what you think your rating was? All right, cokay, I think you're gonna be happy with it. From what you just said, I think you're gonna be happy. What is your free throw rating?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like seventy two sixty nine?
Speaker 2: Okay? What I love the gallery? Okay? What was your three point shot?
Speaker 3: Oh? That had to be like ninety three eighty nine?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, okay, string.
Speaker 3: I'm so close for sure in ninety eight.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked by this one.
Speaker 4: It's a sixty eight my strength.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm looking at you right on, like that can't be almost. I don't know what they were on, but Sting.
Speaker 1: Was weird on then who were they like like comparing you to like Hulk, Like I'm confused, Like what.
Speaker 2: Was going on there? Sixty Now? Okay, you're driving dunk.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh that probably was low. That was like a seventy No.
Speaker 2: This is eighty five. Really, yeah, I feel like I'm confused.
Speaker 3: I never used to drive and dunk for real.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about stamina?
Speaker 3: Oh it's like eighty nine.
Speaker 1: No, that's in ninety five. They really like believe that you could just like, yeah, no sting. They're just like a really skinny.
Speaker 2: Guy who just running forever. That's what you're explaining. Okay, mid range shot, mid range.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm guessing like eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were gonna get it eighty one. Damn it, you got none. You haven't gotten any of them right yet. So let's hope you get this one right. What is your speed?
Speaker 3: They? Okay, so I got stammin a no stringy for this.
Speaker 2: Made up version of yourself.
Speaker 3: Said pretty fast? Was I eighty three?
Speaker 2: Sixty nine? What the peanut gallery is so immature?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the kid here and I'm not laughing at this, and the peanut gallery is okay?
Speaker 2: And then now, why do you think you're overall rating?
Speaker 3: What that's seventy seven?
Speaker 2: Eighty three? I'm confused, Like what they're like logic was there's a law going on.
Speaker 3: Eighty three is good.
Speaker 2: That's actually really.
Speaker 3: Good, really good. I'm not mad at that. I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you'll talk to the two Kopour, you'll tell yeah yeah, ronnieus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ronnie TK Slow Nose alone obviously, and.
Speaker 3: If you talked to him before me, let him know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was on slow notes.
Speaker 4: Okay, already everyone was on here.
Speaker 3: Come on, you're lit. Yeah, I know you're really, I.
Speaker 2: Know, thank you because Slow Nose I know already know.
Speaker 3: I don't need it was the cocky name there exactly. I gotta go into this show. She doesn't know any exactly, but.
Speaker 1: Then they realize when they're on you, she knows everything. Okay, so we're now gonna play our last game. This is the last segment. This is called Sloan knows your game?
Speaker 2: But do you out?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you trivia questions about yourself and let's see how well you can do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I know that you have made tens of millions.
Speaker 1: Of dollars in your NBA crew, which is great, But are you incentivized by some one dollar bills? If you get the question right, yes, yeah, yeah, exactly. Any money count so if you get a question right, I will give you a one dollar bill. This is my tooth fairy money.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not okay.
Speaker 2: You were runner up in six Man of the Year voting in two thousand and three. Who won that year?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm gonna go Jamal Crawford. But I feel like I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are wrong, Anton Jamison. Money still still up for grabs. In your final NBA season, what percentage did you shoot from the free throw line? It was like a.
Speaker 3: Seventy four percent.
Speaker 2: Seventy seven. You're so close out. This is so close, yours Washington close. You can do so with this in this economy.
Speaker 1: You averaged a career highend points with the Knicks in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: How many points did you average?
Speaker 3: Twenty point two?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god. I was so excited to give you this, but it was twenty point seven.
Speaker 1: Oh. I wish I could just like rip it in half and give you the half because I was so close.
Speaker 2: How many total points did you score in high school?
Speaker 3: You don't even know that because Sloan nose. It was like it was just it was like at a thousand, one thousand, thousand, ninety eight aoud.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and seventy eight. Actually, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: I found this number in an article written about you from nineteen ninety eight, and it's like it was an interview with you when you were seventeen.
Speaker 2: Which is like the exact idea of slow notes.
Speaker 1: So so cool, But okay, you still have to get and I feel like I was being like too confident.
Speaker 2: About your knowledge because like I brought so many one.
Speaker 5: Dollar bills you there's you know, there's two questions left, and you still didn't win any So in sixteen seasons, how many regular season games did you play?
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable, I think, was it not? Was it nine to eighty six?
Speaker 1: You keep getting so close nine hundred and eighty one, Oh, so close, so close.
Speaker 2: Okay, I actually have faith in you for this one. And this is a double one. So if you win, you.
Speaker 1: Could actually get two dollars which would now allow you to buy probably like a whole lollipop at the gas station.
Speaker 2: Okay, very excited.
Speaker 1: You were drafted twenty fifth in the nineteen ninety eight draft. Who was drafted twenty fourth and who was drafted twenty six?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Why don't you guess.
Speaker 3: Twenty four. I have no idea. Was the due named Ronnie's Brewer up twenty four?
Speaker 2: No, I'll let you have a few guys. See, Okay, just.
Speaker 1: First give me the initials con Okay, well before that, just because I'm gonna seef you can do it with this.
Speaker 2: The team that had to pick before you was the Spurs, so they passed up on you. Awkward.
Speaker 1: And then the twenty sixth team with the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. What's so long?
Speaker 1: Their initials f L is the one before you and the one after you is s J.
Speaker 3: F L four the Spurs. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want me to tell you, and you get no money. I get to keep it all.
Speaker 3: Yeay I needed these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really needed it, I know, and you didn't get it. Sad.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Frank, Oh, I know what you can do you didn't get You can just sell your necklace and you'll probably get two dollars.
Speaker 3: Is not real, that's how you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to players ready. Felipe Lopez, Oh my god, do not act like you knew that you did not know that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, Philip, people for me.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: You seem like the guy who would have known everyone drafted before you do, like, yeah, yeah I was, and then right after you with Sam Jacobson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't have known that.
Speaker 3: I know what I know when both of them went to school. Okay, Saint John's Yes, and Stanford.
Speaker 2: Minnesota, Minnesota. Thank you so much for being on Slow Notes. You got one dollar for coming on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, you brot.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly for your two dollar chain. That just made your change. That just made your chain worth three dollars. Now, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Al, this is my final question for I want you to nominate a Slow Nose guest.
Speaker 2: But here's the twist. You actually have to help me get them on.
Speaker 3: All right, good?
Speaker 2: Yes, and you have to help. They have to be your friend j R.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I mean that would dream you promise like to shake on it. You'll get him on. Thank you out, Thank you out so much for being on Slow Nose. I had so much fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening to this episode of Sloan Notes. You can get links to my socials and see behind the scenes fun from Al and I in the show notes, or just search at Sloane notes.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Remember that's Sloan with me.