Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hey are you not playing best Ball at DraftKings. My opinion, you're missing out. DraftKings Best Ball Millionaire Contest is their biggest fantasy contest ever, and that's saying something. They're taking fifteen million dollars and putting it into the prize pool. Fifteen million dollars. Two millionaires, not one, two will be crowned each week. Still not convinced, check this out. DraftKings offering everybody a Draft one get one special your twenty dollars entry fee and that's all it costs to get involved.
Speaker 3: Twenty bucks. This is really nice.
Speaker 2: Gives you a bonus ticket get in on the best Ball action. Download the draftking app takes ninety seconds to use the code colin cli n All customers who enter the NFL Best Ball fifteen million dollar Millionaire Contest get a bonus ticket and get a shot at being crowned one of two millionaires only on DraftKings.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymondgreen Show. We got an alumni here, but not quite here for an interview. We just gonna kick it shop it up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm his co host Today's and that's how we gonna rock out. Man, Welcome back, pleasure. I like I like the metal.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's that's real gold too. Huh.
Speaker 1: You know what I just read something no today that said it's ninety six percent silver, four percent gold.
Speaker 3: But I take the four percent and what it means what it means. Maybe it could be all fake, go for all sure, you know for what it means. No, I solid thought that's that's that's she looked hard. But I but I wish it was real gold there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely definitely if I had one melted mind down, I have to mel mind I have to stress the gold out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Make me make a little crowd or something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep my metal. I wish I had my other one that it ain't here, It's in the stories. But so I gonna be honest with you. I these Olympics. I'm always rooting for team USA and I've made that very clear. But started these Olympics, I was in my feelings for sure. That was the last time we were talking here and I would never root against our team. But I was just sitting there watching the game, and like every time I'm watching, I'm like and putting myself right there. I was.
Speaker 3: I was right there. I couldn't stop that. I'm gonna guarded that like this.
Speaker 1: And it took me a few games to get out of my fields and stopped doing that. I really used the group players to be in my feelings. By the time we hit the metal rounds, I was out of my fielding. I was settling into my role. I was settling into my role, and I was like anybody. My sister was the only person to watch the game. But you watched me watch the game. Yeah, I was one hype man, like going crazy. I'm coaching through the TV me so my energy change shorts. I've been Man, my heart was in my stomach watching this game.
Speaker 5: You man that was to talk talk me through, talk me through it, because I know you had to probably like try and jump through the TV probably text a player that was at that time.
Speaker 1: I was dis close to putting bron and stuff in the group chat like bron Man halftime it was down eleven.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was this close to group texting. They like, yo, what's like? Here we go like and we was turning the game then I was just close there.
Speaker 5: No, you be locked in. The Olympics is different, bro, It's a different feel.
Speaker 3: But I was tweeting like them on we got to pull off the tweet. I don't know you was going on.
Speaker 1: I was sweeting like like I was coaching. Yeah, but man.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta coach him up. I was doing that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: When the walk, I was I was up at like one and they was doing the walk and ship, Oh it's the walk?
Speaker 1: What's the walk? The Olympic walk? When they walked, man, I was I ain't here race walking.
Speaker 3: Bro. Look you know what I'm saying. I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn this ship man. They out there, whom you know what I mean? They getting off. I'm doing the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm finding myself one thirty in the morning, cheering for you know what I mean, I'm cheering for Ecuador's fabe walking Olympics. Got a different vibe, Bro. And then I can imagine for you because when I was here last time, you was in your feelings. You should have been on the team. You just said you in the group. You you in group play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you're not there, but you mentally you prepared. You prepared for the call after if they would have called you, Bro, I was out.
Speaker 3: I was out here. So the day they called Derrick White, I was they called me, I was out of here.
Speaker 1: I was gone, Hey, Bro, did you when you're watching the Servia game, did you think that you was gonna get a texta call it? If they would have said, yo, J can you make it? That's how That's how I would have teleported. That's how the energy video he there.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: My nerves been so bad all day because we also we couldn't We couldn't lose this game because man, although I didn't end up on this Olympic team, I remember vividly winning in twenty twenty one and like saying, yo, the next step is to beat France and France and somehow France they pulled to they beat Germany. I know how, Yeah, I know how talking about that one too. Matchups was good for them. Uh, y'all. Bousele, who was drafted by the Celtics play like two three years in the league, went back. They had incorporated him into the put you know, put him in the lineup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, took Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: Off the lineup and uh, last game he had twenty three. Today he had seventeen.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, and then they.
Speaker 1: Got this They got this guy I think his name is like Mattias or Matthias Matthias and le sort and like they throwing the ball into him, like he get to you can get to it. Yeah, and they were just way more physical and Winby made some big plays.
Speaker 3: He some big shots.
Speaker 1: But uh, they took Rudy Gobert out of the lineup yeap, and they won again.
Speaker 3: So what what are your thoughts on? So now?
Speaker 1: Going into the gold medal game. Think about this, going into the gold medal game. This is Rudy Gobert, All Star for defensive plarity versus Joe LMB. If you're a friend's coach, do you have to take into account that this dude gotta see those guys and he's familiar with those guys.
Speaker 3: Do you play him more or do you roll with what's been working well?
Speaker 5: Out of respect, give him a chance, but if he ain't cutting it, you gotta roll with what you got.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like it's a gold medal game. You know what I like, it's a gold medal game. We've been winning.
Speaker 3: How many times a coach say we've been winning this way? Why change it? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Rudy Gobert gotta figure out like and humble hisself and say, yo, if I want to go medal, I mean.
Speaker 3: Have to sit this one out.
Speaker 5: Or if I want to go medal, when I do play, I gotta do something maybe better for Rudy Gobert against centers he played against all the time, and then b a d you know, bam, you got a chance. You know what I'm saying, I think just to make up of a team he is just like there's not a right for other players that compliment him being out there. And sometimes that's just that's just the nature of the game. Like you can be a great defensive player, you can be a great offensive player. But if you don't, if you don't compliment the other four players that they don't compliment.
Speaker 3: You, then it ain't no flow.
Speaker 5: And I think that's why, you know, you see the results. They can throw the ball inside. You can't throw the ball inside with Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 3: Rudy Gobert don't block.
Speaker 5: Two shots, three shots, four shots, Like you gotta go block four or five shots to have an impact. He gotta go get twelve fifteen rebounds to have an impact, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, And get like you know, at.
Speaker 5: His position for what they need to win, because a lot of what he's called to do is.
Speaker 3: Winby could do it that he played on the perimeter.
Speaker 5: So you gotta be physical, you gotta be something that is reliable. Yeah, and so I rather rely on homeboy to go get me seventeen fifteen at least, you know what I mean, Like it's something I can go to. I mean, I feel sorry for Rudy Gobert, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 5: Everybody pick on him and you'd be anyone.
Speaker 1: You don't don't tell the truth. I tell the truth. You don't. We live in this day and age where I've been speaking about it forever, the new media, where these people don't necessarily tell the truth in the large part because it don't fit their narrative for sure, but also because they just don't know how to see it. Yeah, and so for me, I just tell the truth and listen. When you are a max level player in fact aspect, if defensive player of the year over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: That comes with a certain responsibility.
Speaker 1: And if you don't uphold that responsibility, ain't nobody watching this show?
Speaker 3: If I'm like, well, you know, it wasn't Rudy Gobert's fault, Like no, if it was your fault, it was your fault.
Speaker 1: If you if you got all these accolades, I show up absolutely like the kem Bama Tombo.
Speaker 3: He he always showed up. He always black shots.
Speaker 5: You'll always file you know, you know what I mean, Like it wasn't never not a time where it was like he wasn't that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: My problem with Gobert.
Speaker 5: Is I don't really know, like is he really is he he's not intimidating that the realm, So I don't know how you can be defensive here if you're not intimidate, like if you people are not intimidated.
Speaker 3: To go in the room.
Speaker 5: So that's just you know, I just think that he has a lot of accolades. I think, you know, I think he's a good player, but you got to find the right.
Speaker 3: For people to make him effective.
Speaker 5: And the way that France has made up and going into this USA game, like he gotta find a way and he got to humble hisself sometimes, Like you know what I'm saying, this ship the glove don't fit.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, And they've been playing much better basketball since they took the proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 3: But what about USA?
Speaker 1: Though, Like what about this damn game?
Speaker 3: So I was just about to ask you, So second half.
Speaker 1: The team was clearly better when we went talent like in Team USA, we got our role players. I've been a role player on Team USA, like, and Derek White's in that category, Drew's in that category. But then sometimes but then we also what makes us so much better than all these other teams is that we got that and we got role players that are the greatest role players in the world. But then we got the greatest stars in the world.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: I felt like earlier in that game, maybe like I started texing Bob, like yo, we need to get like kd in with Steph and Bron because earlier in that game you could tell like we weren't about the out role player now and it's no knock to our role players, but that's.
Speaker 3: What they do. What they do, that's how they get you. That's what they do. That's how you get caught up.
Speaker 1: When are we going to go with the dolls? And I can speak from a role player perspective, like I always try to make it to word no matter what, I need to be in the game, like I gotta be in the game because I'm going to do something, make something. But like the reality is in Game four A the NBA Finals, I had to come out. It's the first time it happened to me in my career where it was like damn, it's winning time and it was better for me not to be in the game. That's the first time it happened to be in my career. But it happened to me, And I said all of that to say, as a role player, sometimes it's just happened to you and you can see it like it it was there, like Yo, it's time, like go to those guys. Yeah, And when we finally got there, we did as a star player, a guy who was going to get thirty twenty five a night. If you're the star on that team and you know you got other guys. At what point if you're a Bron, if your Steph, you going to Steve, Like you know, we need k we need Book, like we need Joe, Like we need these stars right now to star power us to that thing.
Speaker 3: What's that balance?
Speaker 5: I'm in for a coach, you gotta think like it's all energy, right because like if you start, you can start with your top dogs. I'm gonna rely on him, he gonna rely on him. It's almost like we too unselfish. I think when the going get tough, ain't no fucking superstars, right, So you're.
Speaker 3: Like Steph, Lebron you know KD. They not.
Speaker 5: They they know that they have to they have to superstar at a high like the reason why they got a superstar at the high level. And the reason why you are a superstar is because you're the most incredible role player and the most undefined role player at your position, you know what I mean. And so when you're planning against Germany, you gotta think those dudes are role players in the NBA, they are superstars. So we coming out thinking like, oh man, that's by Dynavich. You know, we know what he do, but like we ain't really seen him with all the freedom in the world and all the confidence, you know what I mean. And he's going and he's playing a lot harder then he would play in the NBA because he's playing defense.
Speaker 3: You know, he's boxing out all the little things.
Speaker 5: And so for us, we got a match stet with incredible talent because if you know jew Holliday White, they used to like being energy guys, right, but if the energy don't meet where we think these dudes are role players, but they superstars, you know, they superstars and they of right, you know what I mean, or like all stars in our role in this confine on the team because you know what I mean, it's like they ain't gotten no Lebron.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta figure out, oh.
Speaker 5: Shit, we now like when you see them dudes at the end of the game, celebrating and hugging each other. It's because they made that sacrifice. It wasn't casual, Like it ain't casual, no more dog like what we're gonna do?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: And when you got five your most talented players out there on the floor, once that you know it is once that momentum because you the momentum, you know how to.
Speaker 3: Change the energy and like catch them. Once that momentum change.
Speaker 5: All five of those dudes are playing selfish, unselfish, and they're not thinking about, oh, I'm relying on Lebron, well Lebron like I'm relying on Steph.
Speaker 3: It's like, nope, here I go. I'm not open boom. They playing to play, you know what I mean, Oh that's Steff. That's good.
Speaker 1: Like but before it's like, oh that's stuff, that's good, gonna be run back, it's like, no, they go a shot.
Speaker 5: If this ship come off, I gotta get you know. It's like that sense of urgency when you got five superstars, they all gonna be the best role player when they click it.
Speaker 3: And I think that's how they caught him.
Speaker 1: No, definitely turned into that because like when Joel got going that. It came off a trail typical Joel play seven six treil.
Speaker 3: Has a pool bucket and he rolled from there.
Speaker 1: Steph coming off shooting Bron getting downhill, KD coming off looking for the MIDI he got it now I swing. That's that's definitely what it turned into, and that's what it needed to turn into, because they getting role player shots for sure.
Speaker 5: Steph Curry don't never really get role player shots, you know what I mean? So he getting a role player shot or embeid walking into a swing, and that's everybody you start watching, they just start falling into like this perfect collaboration of a puzzle. It's like, oh, we all know what we do, you know what I mean? But it's Steph had a shot move. I think he moved it to Lebron. Lebron, look penetrating the get the air on Lebron, make it.
Speaker 3: He had a trouble double today as he did, Yes, he did.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, Like they all play the way we see them perform at a high level and like this short little like thirteenth like show that greatness for sure, and sometimes you gotta level up because if I'm gonna lose I gotta go lose with the dudes that they're gonna talk about the most for sure.
Speaker 3: And then if you got.
Speaker 5: Kd You're about to lose Steph about to lose, Lebron, You're about to lose Joe, You're about to lose book You're about to lose.
Speaker 3: You know all other dudes too.
Speaker 5: Not taking that away from nobody else, but like you put five of those dudes in, you're about to lose, and all the media on you.
Speaker 3: You can you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't be remembered as that bro man. That's so dope to watch man. Because during the Olympics, when you go through these Olympics, like for us, we grow up, we grow up on to win playing the NBA and winning an NBA championship.
Speaker 3: We don't necessarily grow up like y'all want to get an Olympic.
Speaker 1: Go. Yeah, they grow up like I want to win Euros, I want to win Olympics, and so for them. But when you get in it, though, you didn't feel that when you go through these runs every year because again I said, we're so much better than players than these guys, Like it's just the reality. Every year you get that test though, like every Olympic year, you get that one test and when you get to the end of it, bro like the bond that you have with the guys that you did it with is all built on that one test.
Speaker 3: And today was that test.
Speaker 1: Like today was that test, whereas like you see them hugging after the game, like that was the one that made you that brother.
Speaker 3: That was finally they became a team.
Speaker 5: So all the shit that they like, you know, they wasn't really tested or kind of tested or figuring it out. They had an excuse for like, there's no excuse, We're about to lose.
Speaker 3: Let's go get it.
Speaker 5: And then that's when that now you see him like damn, watch when they come out against France. They about to beat the ship out of France by twenty five twenty five, and I'm going, come on, that's killing.
Speaker 3: I know you shout, shut up. I'm going.
Speaker 5: I know where you're sitting right behind the France. France bitch, I need to go back. I'm going do that is.
Speaker 3: Wearing both of the.
Speaker 1: Olympic Metal historical like dude, you your story will be the second storyline and championship game Should I should I wear the twenty twenty Olympics that we beat France and gold medal game again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all think I should wear it? Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll be epic because every time they every time they cut to the time out, you sit here, everybody like, yo is Draymond Green coach, and they ain't gonna like the people who haven't been paying attention.
Speaker 1: They ain't gonna see you, and they ain't gonna be able to figure it out. Everybody else who know what's going on. You don't have to say nothing. You ain't never say that, you just presence. You would be you know the Godfather when he called his uncle in the courtroom. That's how you That's all you have to do is sit like this behind the bitch bro.
Speaker 3: You know I said, shock wives, because they ain't.
Speaker 1: Gonna look at it and be like, oh yeah, okay, y'all trying to intimidate this.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be like, damn, dude, what is Draymond Green gos.
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, you don't know if they're gonna sit me there, if they're gonna see me there.
Speaker 3: They would be terrified. So and speaking of.
Speaker 1: Were about to beat them about twenty five, that's a fourgone conclusion. A couple of episodes ago, I was talking about the Dream Team versus this team, and of course after the game today, everybody going to say, oh, they got tested and they should have lost.
Speaker 3: Like every team gets tested. It happens to everybody.
Speaker 1: So I'm not but I still think this team it's better than the Dream Team, regardless of what happened today.
Speaker 3: What do you what do you see for them?
Speaker 5: Like I grew up, I you know, I grew up idolizing Jordan and Magic and that that just that whole ara playing the next generation, the era, and then just kind of missed out on these dudes. But I like myred these dudes in this generation because it's just they're more athletic, more skilled, talented, shoot better.
Speaker 3: Right. But if they were locked in.
Speaker 5: The alley and they had to squab, who was you which team are you picking?
Speaker 3: If it was a fistfight, who are you picking? Unfortunately we're playing basketball.
Speaker 5: I know, but I'm just like taking that mentality because you have this super talent, right, there's I mean, shit, you got talent, so you got godly talent.
Speaker 3: So when the gods start to they have to fight.
Speaker 1: Physical skills that are like all that ship is going to just like the Olympics, like something is someone's gonna measure out, something's gonna be better than the others, is gonna be missing mass problems who wanted Well, here's the thing, I want it all of all of those guys at certain point. KD is a certain point, Brin at certain points, Steph at certain points. All of those guys in their careers has had to do that at different points. I think we get to this space of where like and this goes into like everybody always speak about these.
Speaker 3: Terms in terms of the Bron and.
Speaker 1: Jordan debate, is like MJ was more of a killer this, that and the other. But this is the thing though, and we're gonna say Bron not a killer j everybody.
Speaker 3: And again we all grew up want to be like man.
Speaker 1: But it just bothered me when like, all of these guys have had their successes at that level as well. MJ won six MJ played fifteen years, Like so there was nine years where he couldn't capture the ah to get it all the way done as well.
Speaker 3: So we all fall shorter the things sometimes.
Speaker 1: But to say, like, no, all them dudes have had that same killer at times, to put it away as well. Yes, so I so, now speaking about talent, they jump higher, they run.
Speaker 3: Faster, skill and all that.
Speaker 1: When you say that all these guys have also had to have that killer at different times.
Speaker 5: Why I'm gonna go with the Dream Team based on chemistry, based on chemistry, based on intellect, you know what I mean, And based on understanding that if these.
Speaker 3: Are relieve relive, what's this team called four? Like? Can we give him another Cinco? Okay?
Speaker 5: So with the Sinko obviously they you know the Serbia game made everyone, but they have a great they have good chemistry.
Speaker 3: They would be the dogs.
Speaker 5: The Dream Team would be the underdogs, right, So imagine Michael Jordan walking into a game and Lebron is the guy, and it's like, you're not better than him or Larry Bird. You're not better than KD or whatnot or Magic. You're not better than Steph or Charles Barkley. You know, you know, Patrick ewing Er, you know what I mean. You looking, They're going to play smarter, different and I think collectively, when you got a bunch of killers in the room, you know what I mean, everybody gonna die, but it's gonna be some other ones standing still, and it's gonna be some dudes run out the room, you know what I'm saying. And so when I look at the roster of killers and I look at the roster of killers on the Sinko team, somebody is going to run out the room or get you.
Speaker 3: Know what I meant, bo socked up in the corner. You know, like I'm not.
Speaker 1: Boom boom, bom boom, somebody getting socked up in the corner.
Speaker 5: Oh he done. Let me you know, now, let me go. Let's go both sock him up, you know what I mean? Yeah, you know, I'm looking at the size like the size factor and Dream Team One versus Dream tem Sinco.
Speaker 3: You gotta get an advantage to Dream Team One.
Speaker 1: Because they bigger Patrick, You are not better than He's bigger than Joel.
Speaker 3: Not really is huge, man.
Speaker 5: I know, but he played like Joel embiid. Ain't gonna go bang with Patrick Ewing, ain't gonna bang with David Robinson a d. You know what I mean I'm talking about. They're getting the ball in the post.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, not a d ain't gonna block it or you know, I'm not saying a d week because they gotta come out, you know, like the whole thing is can shat playing is and you gotta come out that they gotta come out the paint because and be he made you know, ah.
Speaker 3: Then with a couple of traces today. But if he missed.
Speaker 1: That energy, you know what I mean, that chemistry ain't but properately, if that's the fifth.
Speaker 3: Way all to be drunk, right, I'm just saying that's the that's the if for this.
Speaker 5: That's my reason for picking Dream Team because I think that they.
Speaker 3: Have they have more unified killer chemistry.
Speaker 5: And when I look at this Sinko team, they got all the killers in the world. Right, But Jymond Green is sitting here texting everybody around basketball because some wrong, some wrong, bro some wrong. And I'm not it's not the players, it's the chemistry. No, I think the chemistry is great, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And we saw we saw like we saw a click today.
Speaker 5: But like like what happens, Like who didn't play on the Dream Team Clyde Drexler and Christian Lanner.
Speaker 3: Well, Christian Lanner didn't even need to.
Speaker 1: Be That's so unfortunately got.
Speaker 5: Would not you know, Isaiah should have replaced Kristin. I always look at Christen later.
Speaker 1: But if they was going one college guy should have been shot.
Speaker 3: I mean not saying.
Speaker 1: Isaiah shouldn't on the team, but but they said they were picking.
Speaker 3: One college guy that should have been Do you think they should do that now?
Speaker 1: I was gonna make one college Do you think like now, since we been played.
Speaker 3: Like a not Tyre's not player, Tyre's Halliburn.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you might as well take to take us take a Cooper fly, you know what I'm saying, Not two.
Speaker 3: Though, but one.
Speaker 5: I'm cool one, but it should be like the like the college player of the year or somebody like that ship earn a spot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The college play of the year. Do have to have like potential to be great? You can't just be like some college player for years. Don't even make it like you can't be like that play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, you gotta be like you have be a zion. The next the next face.
Speaker 1: Going into his rookie year was on the twenty twelve team. You know what I'm saying, So like, yeah, that may say that level of talent to get that spot. And I know I'm just being petty, So do you think Kaitlyn Clark should have been. Now, I think Kaitlyn Clark should have been on the I think so too, because I think it's good for the brand. It's great for the brand. And let's not we talk brand any other time. Let's not act like it don't matter now, man maim if you think about what and by the way, if you think about what the nineteen ninety two Barcelona team Dream Team did for the brand of basketball, the W is still in the art, are still in those phases of the NBA, right, like, yeah, the NBA during that, the W is there. So it must be about spreading this globally. And she's the biggest global star in women's basketball. And listen, I think, like the women we got over there, I think Angel Wilson, like I think Angel Wilson is going to be the go but like just from a peer Brandon and market extem, Kaitlyn is the biggest and so for.
Speaker 3: Her to not have been on the team because for her not to be on the team Angel reason not to.
Speaker 1: I think for what they're doing for women's basketball, that's the matter. And by the way, what they showed you in this half a season is that I'm going to be one of them one. To bet on me right now, because I'm going to be one of them ones. She's leading, Angel Reese is leading the league in double doubles, and Brooke the all time record. Kaitlyn Clark is leading the leading assists on a historical pace.
Speaker 3: They've shown you we're going to be one of them one first half of the season, So you can.
Speaker 5: Make that bet on me, Like I just wanted to say that because I had never tied. Man, I just think we miss a Gouden opportunity sure to like really extend the women's basketball brand, not saying it relying on these two, but just the attention that they get brings attention to everyone else.
Speaker 3: And now it's like, oh.
Speaker 5: You know, like you you go to watch a movie, and you know, you may go to a Will Smith movie and you may wind up liking, you know, Robbie whatever name, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's other promaro Robbie.
Speaker 5: I don't know her name, bro you know, I ain't in no movie with her yet. But like the attention of people who get attention allows for other talented people to be recognizing, like to be like, so it increased the fan base. So I just think that, you know, that was just my little thing. And I do think that college kids. I think like now that we're so dominant or back to our dominance, we should allow for like that college kid, like whoever the next space we think it's going to be the next contributor.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree because if you look at the game today, and here's why I agree with that one hundred percent. If you look at the game today, I said, you need a stuff, You need a KD. You need it like you need it bron you needed them stars to be in and next you will probably say Anthony Edwards. However, I was thinking book anyway, and when they end up going booking, Book was huge. And while I was thinking booking, where the college player comes in the difference in between Anthony Edwards today and Book today was.
Speaker 3: Book did it already? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So book been through an Olympics and he know what that feels like that man first time feeling that you got to make that adjustment. And now that he's felt that, next Olympics, he gonna be dominating. Possibly next game, but next Olympics. Now when it gets tough, he's gonna because he didn't back down, but he just didn't know how to figure it out.
Speaker 3: The book knew exactly what to do because he had been there.
Speaker 5: It's also chemistry, right because when you think about you know, Serbia, they hoop in the NBA and then they go home and they practicing for the World Cup. Are they all playing together? So these dudes is playing together every summer. Shout out to Team USA, Shout out to all the players, because the hardest thing for all those dudes to do as superstars is All Stars, as NBA champions.
Speaker 3: Is to humble themselves enough to make the team work.
Speaker 5: Jason Tatum not playing like it take a lot bro to be a Draymond or Halliburton or you know what I mean, and Jason Tatum to sit there and like your whole fucking summer. So that commitment makes those dudes who are not playing or like their time is tricky and shit like that. It take a lot of humility, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen, sat there me, Harrison Barnes tomorrow, we sat there every now like there's one game throughout the tournament though for us, where like you got to put in in that game and you made an impact and you playing me in for minutes.
Speaker 3: All of us kind of had our moment.
Speaker 1: I don't think hb there, but but I sat there. Yeah, and it does take some humility. I just came off winning championship then just losing game seven of the finals. I'm growing in my popularity. I'm growing in my career, my money, my pocket's growing. Like you're like, nah, like, but I gotta be that for this team. Yeah, but that's that's a sacrifice.
Speaker 5: And it's also a testament to pick in the right players. Absolutely, you gotta have a right all the way fifteen because twelve twelve. If I got twelve, it's the twelve. Dude is like upset, checked out, don't want to be there. The whole shit is fun feel that's what happened to us because I played on the World Championship team in Indiana and then we wind up losing to Genobli.
Speaker 3: We wind up playing I don't even know where we placed.
Speaker 5: But the team was so dysfunctional, and it was dysfunctional because you just had the wrong mix of personalities people, coaches.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. And there was no aim like.
Speaker 5: A court like we all walked in like yeah, yeah, we're here to who oh, we shouldn't lose to nobody.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: When you get in that testing moment and you lose, then it's like, holy shit.
Speaker 3: Well back then, did y'all try out for the team or did they just pick that team?
Speaker 5: They just picked that team. Okay, yeah, no, they just picked that team. And I was not on the team originally. I was chilling, enjoying my summer, just maxed out and uh my coach called me. I was on my case. He was like, man, you're going to go play in the World Championships. I was like, bro, I'm not going nowhere. I don't want to play. He was like, you gotta play.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: Jason Kidd had bounced out and they was like, yo, they want you to play you next up. And I was like, man, I ain't not that I don't want to pay for my country, bro, but I don't want to go to Indiana. It was I did not want to spend my summer in Indiana.
Speaker 3: I told you out to teague man club. I told him, yeah, that was discussing. Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, bro, you know I have been the Nike camp. We're staying at iup. The World Championship was in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Hey bro, Indianapolis, what a sacrifice? God bless And our coach was uh George carl Wow was George Carla coach?
Speaker 3: Whoever was? He got all my fucking nurves. I think it was George Carter car Oh my god. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: So it was just it was a bad experience, right because you got you got so many like our team had no chemistry from the start, and there was no Lebron. There was no like superstar that came in that could say anything, you know what I mean, Like we were all all stars, but there was no whoever was acting like a.
Speaker 1: Superstar was an idiot? You feel what I'm saying. You got Reggie Mill like a superstar, Paul per You got Paul was killing, but like he had to be a superstar, right, so if Paul is acting like the superstar, you feel what I'm saying, then we fucked because the go Reggie Miller, what is Reggie Miller doing? And you got Sean Maryon what is Sean Marry.
Speaker 3: Think has been?
Speaker 1: While? Like we and then in our era, like everybody was kind of like not cool with nobody.
Speaker 3: Yeah still, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It was like and so everybody was just kind of like, man, it was so dysfunctional.
Speaker 3: And Andre Miller was on the team.
Speaker 1: Me and him was Una point guards, and I remember I got to a point where I was like, man, what the fuck.
Speaker 5: Am I here for? Clearly the winner? Go Man, you're sitting there like, am I being used? My summer fucked off?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like I don't like this coach, Like motherfucker's lyon these players, don't you know? It's like, who do There's nobody to step up and be like, yo, list it was done, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I respect the players.
Speaker 5: That do this because it takes a lot of humility, dog to like give up your summer.
Speaker 3: Being like Jason Tatum be an NBA champion, you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, and be on this dream team and to not play and you still gotta like you still got to give good energy, Like just tell them, dudes. It's just a shout out to the to the players, but also to you know, Grant healing people picking the right mix of people, you know what I mean. I think they you know, once we got it right, it was cool.
Speaker 3: H Speaking of.
Speaker 1: Olympics and goals, I watch all I love track and field, I love swimming, I love uh, I don't really watch that women's gots who obviously soccer football in other countries.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Beach volleyball is be turnt love beach. We lost, yeah, we did. It was unfortunate, but and I follow all these sports. I see her, I watch it all day. There was a controversy stirred up last year by Noah Laws, who grabbed the title of the fastest man in the world, by the way, so congratulations to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Came back to.
Speaker 1: However, and then the two hundred, he which is his event, like the one hundred actually notized two hundreds where he came in bronze. Congratulations, which I think winning winning the medal I think is incredible.
Speaker 3: But he made a statement last year that had the.
Speaker 1: Basketball community in uproar when he said, dangn world champions. They what's something they NBA champion champions in the United States, the world champion.
Speaker 3: Is that how all that started? That's how it all started? And so.
Speaker 1: I mean it was one of those statements where it was like it made you cringe to hear him say that, because like, what are you talking about, bro? Like just the best league in the world and like we do the like what you're talking about. However, and to his credit, it made him more popular than he would have ever been in his life, and it made everybody watch racist that he was in made a lot of people root against him. And after he won a hundred, he spoke about having dyslexia and like all these different things which shout.
Speaker 3: Out to him.
Speaker 1: Man, I think it's dope to overcome that. But a lot of people I saw people making an uproar. I've talked to people. It was like, why didn't even say these things before the race? And then after the two hundred, after the two hundred that he lost, he came to Bronz he announced that he's had COVID for the last two days, but left out of the wheelchair.
Speaker 3: Why he's like so much so I just.
Speaker 1: Want to know.
Speaker 3: I think it's I.
Speaker 1: Go out of silver medal in the Bronx medal. I think that's incredible. I also but I had these thoughts also, like for us personally, No, I just the wheelchairartments. I mean, he looked at the wheelchair and then announced that he had COVID for the last two days.
Speaker 3: After he came in Bronx and in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, but I'm not laughing at nobody, Like why did he get he was in a wheelchairs because he.
Speaker 3: Was in COVID he was I haven't seen an interview.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: We're living in a crazy time, bro, you know what I mean. We're living in a crazy time where it's like people and not I'm not I'm just generalizing, like people are confused and people are coached, you know what I mean, And like it seemed like everybody waiting on their moment to like do some shit, to say some shit, and they want everybody in the world, you know what I mean, even when like you're looking at social media, like people be doing the most, you know what I mean, And I think sometimes a social media fuck us up. But as athletes like it would be hard for me to play in this era with social media just because the anxiety, you know what I mean, I don't really know what to say, bro, as far as like damn, that's tough, you know what I mean, wheelchair man, it's tough to like, you know, you go from it's just like a like you maybe he's maybe he's you know, I'm a big person, like the ship. You be saying, create the energy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And so yeah, you looked at this big moment you man said, oh I got all these problems to this, how I wont Then also like the problems starts to like you start getting asked about that ship, you know what I mean, and that ship becomes annoying.
Speaker 3: You know. So I don't know about the wheelchair.
Speaker 1: I like Diddy, I don't think you can't leave out the way you just ran a race, bro, you ran too. It ain't like by the way y'all just finished like a fifteen hundred or something that you was like exhausted, you know, like a marathon, like you ran too, are we?
Speaker 3: It is the thought that damn I didn't win, you know what I mean? Like I came in third, like maybe I was hurt.
Speaker 1: I hope not, because I think you just have to be hurt if you're in a wheelchair. If he was Paul Perce came back in the game, I don't know. I'm trying to figure the wheelchair out. Man Again, I root for Americans, so I was happy to see him winning Hunt for sure. I think to get a bron a little beef like it did, like oh you think it's harder than I love all the competition and narratives and ship, but.
Speaker 3: Like, you can't. I don't know. You can't do that, bro, You can't. Like you gotta stand on what you stand on, right. You can't just roll.
Speaker 1: You can't just roll with it. You can't just roll off. You feel what I'm saying. You gotta you gotta stand on what you stand up. You gotta run your campaign right.
Speaker 3: You can't roll away.
Speaker 1: I do wonder what it's like, though, to win a medal and then still be competing. As far as like you winning, you're done, it's over. So I wonder if he hit a little bit of complacenty of like wow, I'm the fast man of world, but to hit us with the COVID, Like, tell me you got COVID before the race, bro, Yeah, don't tell me after like I got COVID, Like before the race, I got COVID.
Speaker 3: Or don't run that's always an option that's chicky up, or don't tell me at all.
Speaker 1: I definitely told everybody I had COVID the race and then.
Speaker 3: How to line up and game.
Speaker 1: You already gave one of them.
Speaker 3: I don't need to know you got COVID. You just don't ever tell us. It's just a bad excuse.
Speaker 1: Were proud of, bro, Like that's dope, man, you you went and added to the metal.
Speaker 3: Come yeah, you got your congratulations. You know, just don't leave in the wheelchair gain. I hate when people do stuff like that. Not a wheelchairs nuts. You lose, you lose. Take it on the chain, keep it pushing. I mean you probably come out see this and be like, oh no, I fucked my ankle up, man, you know that. Hopefully don't leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got carned off on a stretcher, and I was if they would have let me walk off that court, iuld of did it, you know what I mean, Like, there's no way that I'm faking a wheelchair, Like if I needed to like get through security at the airport.
Speaker 3: Come he came back in the game after you got card. Bro.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I wish I could with that pipe my knee, Like I would have walked off if they would have, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Would let you. I want back.
Speaker 5: I want begging for No. I wasn't begging for that ship. I was thinking like, all right, let me pick me up. That came with the card. I was like, oh, no, I don't put me on that. Hey, bro, you cannot you know, a wheelchair. He shouldn't have did that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. There's pictures that he got joints. Come on, bro, you can't do that. Man.
Speaker 3: Shit, man. People are so like fradule Yo.
Speaker 1: I tell these guys all the time. Man, you do stuff to get in that villain role. And when it ain't so hot, Yeah, everybody back at you. Everybody back yeah. Yeah, like, hey, you gotta you gotta, you gotta stand on what you stand on. Uh.
Speaker 5: I do think part of this is like branding, you know what I mean, branding versus self awareness.
Speaker 3: Right, Like you are very self aware, right.
Speaker 5: You understand your brand, but you also understand the villain role and the brand you play when you're on the court, you know what I mean. And so there's never been a time where you've back down. No, I've not been honest or not been accountable, you know what I mean, because you know.
Speaker 3: What's happening, you know what's cracking.
Speaker 5: I think these kids they be like still trying to figure they shit out, and like they're not really self aware.
Speaker 3: They're just more like the attention. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fact, so the attention and the money and the money and attention, and you never really know, you know what I mean, You never.
Speaker 3: Really know who you are. That's a fact.
Speaker 5: And then you know, you think about Olympic athletes, not saying you're not self aware, because I'm sure he is. But I'm just saying from a branding perspective, the media is branding you, and you're not branding.
Speaker 3: Yourself, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So you're not giving you don't have you only have a little bit of time for that fifteen second interview after race or shit. But like if you were doing a if you were self aware and branding yourself, then by the time you do that fifteen seconds, we already know who you are. And then the people who don't know, now they got something to go back to. I ain't no really no substance. And like it's crazy that stars don't have nicknames.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's what's killing me.
Speaker 5: Like, damn, dude, we're the superstars with the nickname and the you know what do we call them?
Speaker 3: What's the commercial? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, like, even though all this money is flooding around and people getting paid crazy amount of money, it's just hard to like lock in and like somebody because it's like we used to fantasy and movies and you know, like we want to call somebody something else, Like we need personalities. We're losing our personalities because everybody got bread.
Speaker 3: They don't have to do shit.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here. The biggest failure of US Olympics this year, we all agree our three on three team, our three on three Batman's basketball team. It was probably the biggest failure hot Au the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Hot trash bro.
Speaker 1: But I couldn't believe the team. When I saw the pictures of the team, I was like, who are they?
Speaker 3: How do you qualify?
Speaker 1: And I guess who did y'all beat from the United States?
Speaker 3: I swear to got.
Speaker 1: Me in the same hotel with Kevin Durant and lebron Ja and we're the same outfit and played basketball and be that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, come on, dude, I challenged them right now and I ain't playing, unto you.
Speaker 3: I challenged them right now. Three come on.
Speaker 1: I thought, maybe like they got a great three on three team. That's why like they I haven't seen them. They trash.
Speaker 3: Who's on the team, bro? I know Jimmer fred Debt was on the team trash.
Speaker 1: Matter?
Speaker 5: After that, don't matter? The team deb came and Barry, how do you get on the team? Dylan Travis sounds like a country singer Florida Southern Travis Kareem Maddocks and he's he black. They picked him because his name is career.
Speaker 3: No it's not. They fought is he? Where are you from high school? Oh? Man? From LA? From l A? You talking about?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 3: Probably from LA went to park?
Speaker 5: But besides the point, how who did they be to qualify? And where is the sign ups? Because I would have loved to sign up for three on three if.
Speaker 3: They was doing it, beat me all right?
Speaker 5: So if Jimmifer that would have beat my team, I'd be like, okay, cool, y'all represent.
Speaker 1: So in light are you saying you would sign up? Las i Q Big Three said that he would pay for his guys to fire or the champions of three on three Big Three tournament to play against whoever won. I stopped looking. I don't even know if it's over, whoever won three on three? Goal? He paid for the champions of the Big Three to play against them, and he promised they would beat them.
Speaker 3: You agree with you?
Speaker 1: Champions are a Big Three so probably Jordan Crawford because.
Speaker 3: J C dominates it.
Speaker 1: I think Quincy Miller Isaiah big fella, Bro.
Speaker 5: They said, have just took it out of Isaiah, Okay, get you better off. You could have tooken one of the Big three teams to the USA Olympics instead of what we had.
Speaker 3: So should that shouldn't it be that way?
Speaker 1: Or should we start incorporating NBA players like the w the w n b A the women's three on three team is w NBA players. Should we start going younger NBA players or should we go big three guys?
Speaker 3: What is the cloud? How did they get a Who pick these dudes? And how did they get on the team? How do you get on the team? Bro? Like, I don't even know how to Like where do we start? You shouted out g Hill.
Speaker 1: I think it's USA basketball, So I think great Hill, I'm not I don't know.
Speaker 3: That to be certain, but here's what I'm saying, USA. Where did they get picked from? Like like by.
Speaker 5: It must have been, Like you just need to know what are the qualifications, the sign ups, the submissions, because I want to go through the roster to see all the people that's signed up and be like how do we come up and you know, I'll be calling people trash. I told you that's like an LA slang, like we always say, oh, you're weak, you garbage, you know what I mean. But it's not that we really missed. Yeah, not that we mean it, but we mean it.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? It's universal trash trash. How did Jimmer for that? How is Jimmer for that? Like?
Speaker 5: How who did he be? I mean, I ought to put Jamal Crawford on the squad on the three on three. I put Jamal Crawford. Who else would I take?
Speaker 1: Uh, Jamal Crawford to Jordan Craft, Jamal Crawford, not Jordan I mean, I take Jordan Crawford.
Speaker 5: It was a big three I'm talking about would take. I'm saying I take retired guys. MA definitely retire. Like, why can't I retired guys go over there? Come on, dude, Like, I don't know, I was watching.
Speaker 3: But you can't go over out of shape. You gotta get some shape.
Speaker 5: I make the team, make the Warriors, Hey, bro, I can make the Warriors. Come on, dude, I can make the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Stop. I can make the team. Yeah that's that. I ain't no problem is, you know, but I can make the team. Do it. Age of discrimination, y'all don't have triumphs.
Speaker 1: We got a training cap. Do you spend the next year in shape for training camp year. I'll be ready this year.
Speaker 3: No, you won't. I just came from the gym, I bro, I can win meim camp six weeks away. You ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ain't never seen the back point guard. Then like six weeks away. Next year, get one year. That one year one year old. Here, you got one year to get it. Said, We're gonna hit you the advice of the Warriors training cap and let's see if you can make your team. We gotta come up a wager. We gotta come up with a worger for show. Say no, Mike Dunlevy, that was my teammate. I'm the god Dunes training camp spot.
Speaker 3: Bro. I may just come make the team this year. I owe you one hundred thousand dollars. Bro, I may just show up.
Speaker 1: If you don't make it, you may show up and like show up as the dude rebounding for you.
Speaker 3: And by December they had been an Ay.
Speaker 5: My dude, come on, man, you out here. I'm tired of this. Hey, I am really tired of you. How do you well? You know, any time, I hope Nigga's like, where are you playing this year? I'm not playing, bro, Let's make the best done. You have to whatever, whatever the whatever the bet is, I'm.
Speaker 1: To make that next year. I'm gonna give you thirsty Fine, that's fun. You gotta get some shape.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna come and work out. I gotta come work out a couple of times to see what y'all doing. I'm gonna come watch y'all and then I tell you watching them, be like, all right, dude, I'll make it for sure.
Speaker 3: I'll make the team next year.
Speaker 1: You realize the NBA is much like a faster pace now, so you're gonna need to drop like thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta drop thirty five. Man. Oh, I don't know about anyway.
Speaker 1: I got a job thirty easy, say no more.
Speaker 3: But I know everybody played fast.
Speaker 5: And I remember because when I was in the G League, I was like, God, damn, these dudes playing way too fast. But I figured out my pace with all this fast ship. Luca Doci, bro, you don't play, you know, Luca bro South, I'm like a baby. Luca I'd be like a baby Luca. For y'all, what coming off the bench? Probably a baby Luca dimes.
Speaker 3: That's so disrespectful. Eight nine, a baby Luca. Come on, yo, I can ninth, ninth.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about like eight points for ass That's not a baby Luca is killer.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. That's killer for me and my like, that's not a baby Luca.
Speaker 5: I'm coming in nineteen minutes getting you eight eight eight points for assist.
Speaker 3: Probably is still into the nineteen minutes. That's killing. I'll be asking me to play more. I'm like a coach seeing the contract. Can't play more than nineteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Mike donn Levy, you heard it first, man. So before we get out of here, who went to WNBA MVP? Ajel Wilson? Last, but not least? Who wars Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 5: I'm a point guard, So I'm going with Kaitlyn Clark. I'm a point guard.
Speaker 3: I like how like I don't?
Speaker 5: I like watching Kaylyn Clark play because I like I like singing great passes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I like I like the art of passing is everything to me, you know what I mean? That's why I like Steph so much because he do so much other shit.
Speaker 5: For sure, and like that's where I be appreciating the game, you know what I mean, Just like the artist Street of Wizard Street. And I think that's what Kaylyn Clark got. That's why that's why I watch her.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with uh, I'm gonna go with click Kaitlin Clark because I think whichever team gets into the playoffs is the player that's going to win it.
Speaker 3: And I think her team is better. Yeah squad, she do.
Speaker 1: I mean they had a number one pick two years nah, for sure, should be decent.
Speaker 3: They both can play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and it's tough, bro, Like you know, you're coming into a league, you adjusting, you move, you got.
Speaker 3: You got a whole new life.
Speaker 1: And they just finished playing a month before they started suping, two weeks before.
Speaker 3: They take some time. But I do like and Urie.
Speaker 5: She a dog, you know what I mean, She a dog, and she like one of those transitional big men that you know you need. You need them both because it's just gonna start bringing lights all the dope young ladies that's out in the w that's killers, you know what I mean. It's so many killers and like they got game. I think just the attention I'm here for, you know what I mean. I'm tuned in, I'm tapped in. But I do feel like the Liberty may win it this year.
Speaker 3: Bro, the Aces is winning it.
Speaker 5: I was at the championship last year, Aces and Liberty, and for some strange reason, I feel like the Liberty were not that far behind, even though Asia.
Speaker 3: Was dominated or whatnot. I felt like the Liberty.
Speaker 5: Had they had it, they could have they could have they could have really, you know, challenged them better.
Speaker 3: They could have been they could have been people.
Speaker 1: The Houston Rockets was once not that far behind, and then they got further behind.
Speaker 3: So just because you one time.
Speaker 1: At one point, one step barbar and then they got further behind. Like when you get your window, you get your chance. You gotta get through that. And see the Aces had already got through, so they were already champions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to chap That's what got them over the edge. Liberty. You still ain't got through that window. And you don't always know it'll be Aces in Liberty.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Connecticut Sound Rocket and you don't you gonna get through your window at window closed.
Speaker 5: Now I got the liberty coming out. I got I gotta rematch, and plus we neath this rematch. Man, we need this right. I would love to see it. Listen, man, I appreciate you coming on the show.
Speaker 3: You the legend.
Speaker 1: I gotta plack my stuff up head to Paris. I'm going in the game and like a whole outfit. It's like an American flag, Oh sure, and hollow creed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going just like that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be rooted and I want to go twenty five.
Speaker 3: So I don't really know about I'm gonna be crying this house. This is how I'm showing up.
Speaker 1: So for the fans out there, I don't really know if there's a podcast coming after this gold medal game.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Paris, but you heard it here.
Speaker 1: First, congratulations to twenty twenty four gold Olympic gold medal Team USA. Let's go h Congrats to the team USA Women's Olympic gold medals twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: We love y'all. God bless America. That's a right.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you, my dog living in America.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 1: The volume