Speaker 1: I think you go to your husband and say, yo, these are your parents. Stopp that shit or else you and I are going to have a problem.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down pregame ten minutes of fun. Thank you guys for submitting your questions, as you do every week. Let's jump right into it, Sister, Hanley Riggs, how to deal? Well, first of all, let's deal with the background that I have here, and forgive the blue lighting from this weird tint on this hotel that I'm in.
Speaker 3: But AnyWho, Handley.
Speaker 1: Red Hotel, it's a good hotel. Oh no, it's a great hotel. Yes, I'm in the lighting good old Sin City? For are we still calling it sin City? I don't think we are Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: We get it.
Speaker 1: How to deal with going through a breakup with someone you thought was the one?
Speaker 3: Wow? I mean, how much time do you have, Hanley? I don't. I've always been about the one, clearly, hence my track record. So how to I don't know? Do you want to take this one?
Speaker 1: Did you ever date someone that you were like, oh this is the one, and oh yeah, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't really date, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: But I don't know you had some long term sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I feel like I was just like, honestly as self centered as it is, more worried about my career, and I was like, I'll be fine now. I kind of made some bad choices after breaking up with certain people, but I feel like you have to go through that. It shouldn't be so hard on myself about it. Raise your hand if you've done some wrong here and there. Sure wrong things. Yeah, so anyways, Yeah, I don't know how to deal. I would get involved with something else, and I don't mean maybe a guy. I mean like, throw yourself into working out, throw yourself into a new hobby, throw yourself into I don't know, like just anything I think.
Speaker 1: And this is again, perspective is everything, and it's easier to say when you're in the moment, but whenever it doesn't work out, I'm always like, oh, okay, so that that's good. That means I'm getting a step closer to what should work out or that wasn't the one, Like I truly believe in, like everything happens for a reason, Like I adhere to that adage, probably to just help myself through stuff. But then go okay, like that's great, or maybe it's protecting you. There's a what what's the quote? There's some quote like things that don't work out? Somebody else, Well, there's that one too, that's the one I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: No, it was it wasn't that, but we'll go with that. You could think to yourself along the lines you just said what you said. Also, it's just wasn't supposed to happen, and thank goodness, you got it done. You're over, You're done with it, so you can move on and find the person that you were.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: That's just like you'll you know, be getting drunk thinking of that and be like, h cheers. That what a great saying. But it is true, like you're one step closer, like you said, you're You're done with that, all right, Kate, Evelyn one one one is anyone really right? Need to be a mom? I'm a month out, can't comprehend being a mom. No, I'm not ready to be a mom. My kid is teething. It's fucking hard. All he does is scream. All he does is cry, and I only get to see him for a little bit. And it is hard. It's really really hard in my house right now, and there's nothing you can do. You have to sit there and just take it. And when he is like on your chest looking at you, and he's like, ah, and you just got off a five and a half hour flight, you know you need to unpack. Pack, also, get back to the Dallas Cowboys, figure out your CD LAMB interview. It doesn't matter and you're losing mind. Oh wait, let me go get my suit altered. Let me try to figure out what I'm worrying for the Yeah. Aha, it's great, it's really great. No, I don't think anyone's ready for this, and like my mom always says, it's never the perfect time, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. So I have a lot of thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: In fact, I'm gonna save this for the Big Show, okay, because when I knew that little mac attack was on his way, I had a lot of my own thoughts about having a babe, and I was like, I wonder how going to feel? So we're going to talk about this, okay, babies, Big show, stay tuned. I obviously I can't comment on Kate Evelyn, but I would like to say congratulations. Yeah, that was nice of you being a mama mama, because again there's so an Aaron. You have spoke at length about this, how difficult it was for you to even have macaroon, and so we'll just start with how great that is.
Speaker 3: But of course it's like anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't comprehend being a mother, but responsibilities in general. I mean, like I worry about my dogs and they're at a dog daycare. I can't imagine like having a worry about a human. So congratulations on that. And I think that whoever you believe in, if it's God or whoever your version of someone is is, I think that they give you the skills and the strength that you need to get through something. So we can't wait to hear more about that little one when he or she arrives.
Speaker 2: We found out one thing that helps Mac with the teething and stop crying. He's obsessed thanks to Nanny Connie with face. He loves the sound. He loves waiting for the call. So we facetimed you last night. I went down the roll attacks nobody was answering me. I was like, I was going to answer. He sits there and he just stares at the camera and he loves the noise. And like then when they were facetiming me when I was on the road this weekend. He also does this crazy head tilt. He always goes like stop when.
Speaker 3: You say, like like do you they like tilt their heads.
Speaker 2: Wait, But every time somebody doesn't answer, he starts screaming again.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, God, damn.
Speaker 1: It, Chris, Well, I'm getting a new phone because for some reason I don't get your FaceTime calls don't come through.
Speaker 3: So that's why I called you.
Speaker 1: Back last night. But Mac was already sleeping at that point. I'm sure. Okay, we are looking at Cameron Blackwood. Any tips for inner ear care from my IFB Cameron. First of all, this is a great question. Now I don't know what IFB stands for, but for those of you not in the TV world, Ryan will tell us it is something you put in your ears so your producer can talk to you, or anybody that's in the control room can talk to you. So any oh, God, I don't know. But Jillian told me the other day that she had that wax thing. None at not recently, but she had to go to like a emergency thing or something. She was having an ear issue and they cleaned it out and they did the wat.
Speaker 3: Shed not tell me this. I don't know how long ago it was.
Speaker 1: We were just talking because I have had this lingering cold forever until my ears. When I got off the plane, my ears didn't pop and it's like the worst feeling.
Speaker 3: And she's like, you should go get your ears like cleaned out. And then I was like, well, first of all, you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to do it topic in our house because do you know how bad it is to use certain things to clean your ears now, Like yeah, clean the outside with them all that, because I get insecure that like maybe like I'm crusty or I picked something, So of course Q tips are fine with that, but you shouldn't be jabbing in So at Christmas, I gave everybody this ear wax cleaner. It's these drops and it's supposed to just come out.
Speaker 3: But I think I.
Speaker 2: Want to go to a professional and sure everything is good because I sleep with ear plugs every night. I wear an IFB once a week, like I I've probably jam and shit in my ear.
Speaker 3: I'm out. You sleep with earplugs every single night.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, what in a hotel, because I'll is it fixate or fixty eight fixate, I'll fixate.
Speaker 3: Niety eight means you're gonna like suffocate.
Speaker 2: We don't need that too, I'll do that on somebody like next door fixate or I'll hear the air conditioner like I need absolute silence and weirdness in my house. Howie is like licking, Jared is like snorm, Like I just need celensially.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, look at her incorporating her Spanish.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Sure we will have to interrupt this podcast. I'm sure multiple times for the construction that's going on next door. So I need to be You should have heard me yesterday. I was going like this, pounding on the wall, and then I called the front desk. I had a moment. I said, I am not paying X amount of dollars a night.
Speaker 3: It's so true. And they're like, well, we don't have any other rooms available.
Speaker 1: I said, well, I'm pretty sure when I put my credit card down you didn't say, hey, we're putting you next to the construction room.
Speaker 3: Here's a discount.
Speaker 1: Because unless I see a discount on the exit bill, I need some Yeah, I need some sort of compensation for this. And I don't mean the fruit platter. I've never eaten that fruit platter, don't don'ts I like the orange, Okay I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just taking the bite out of the old orange or apple? Please? AnyWho ear plugs interesting? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Side note, there was a waitress the other day when I was out wearing ear plugs and I was like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is good for you.
Speaker 1: You're the waitress, Like, aren't you supposed to be like hearing what's going on around you?
Speaker 3: Because there was a band. Oh look there's the band. All right?
Speaker 2: Nick to wait, how do you clean your ifb I've had an embarrassing thing we did answer for. I was like, oh my god, you guys, my sound went out, my sound like I don't have program and my audio guy was like, no, it's it because there was a earworks. I got to clean them out. You gotta clean them out or no AXI.
Speaker 1: Goal wax poetics about that girlfriend a waxy gal curR Dog twelve My in laws showed up at our house with no warning. How do I respectfully stop that shit? First of all, current dog twelve, I live for your name. I also live for this question. How do I stop that shit? I think you go to your husband and say, yo, these are your parents. Stop that shit or else you and I are going to have a problem. And we need to start with the husband first and foremost. And if the husband is resistant because he's afraid of his parents, well then you need to say, hey, mother and father in law. I love when you guys come over, but maybe just give us a little heads up next time. I want to make sure that the place is ready for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know, this is a.
Speaker 2: Great question coming up. I agree with, by the way, what you said. You have to have your husband deal with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's his problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a laid Low returned to gift. But now the person wants to see it in my house? What would you shit?
Speaker 1: Wait, first of all, we have I need to know which friend wants to see proof of this in your house? Like, unless it's like a picture or some sort of household.
Speaker 3: I know they're like, oh, how does that look in your house? Yeah? Well you just got to be honest.
Speaker 1: You can't we don't say you just say, actually, well, see I need more information, ad Low, and then I can help you with this because if it is something that we can manufacture again, then let's go back out by it and then return it again. But if it's something that is not something we can manufact I just there's more questions in order for me to help you answer this. I want to be the solution to your problem, but I need more information. Last, but not least, j Dur's three sixty five, what type of food is your favorite on a first dinner date?
Speaker 3: Great question.
Speaker 1: It depends on how much you like that date. If you want to go back and hook up with that person, I begin to sell. If you're not interested in hooking up with that person, then I get a stake and that sends a message right away to that person. If we're eating a lot wayne hooking up. If it's light and day, you got a chance.
Speaker 2: But then I want to drink, and so I don't want to. I'm not you know, I can't be light.
Speaker 3: What's it called eata breadstick?
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, Jennifer Lawrence, by the way, we will talk about her podcast. Her In an interview for the Golden Globes on the Red Carpet, she was talking about how she wasn't drinking because she was like, because I was starving myself to fit into this dress.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just love her. I've always loved her.
Speaker 1: But the honesty and her obsession with the salt with the Real Housewives is also next level. I probably sent you seventy five videos of her. You're like, its great?
Speaker 3: Is real?
Speaker 1: I have questions? Is the hair real and less makeup? Is more clearly not? What's going on here.
Speaker 3: With the school play that I.
Speaker 1: Went to this morning for a lunch and breakfast meeting, they were like, did you roll.
Speaker 3: In from last night?
Speaker 1: Because these brows are very dark and it's not the lighting in here. Anyways, this has been the free game. We have a lot to discuss on the big show.
Speaker 2: Join us Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.