Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, October tenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. But we're angry at technology. Me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. Before we talk any football things. Florio, congratulations to your New York Metropolitans. A big series. Not it was a series win, but you got to take out your hated rivals at Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 2: All the same time, Oh my god, I saw so many Phillies fans before this series being like we want the Mets, same old Mets, little brother Mets, like disrespecting this team.
Speaker 3: You wanted the Mets. You got what you asked for, And now I'm seeing a narrative like the fan base deserves better. No, you don't. You boot your players in their only playoff win this year. You got exactly what you deserve.
Speaker 1: I love I love Mets Phillies heat like it's the greatest, It's so great, it's so funny. But so the Mets through the Nation League Championship series. We will wait to see. I wait for you guys too. Look the Didger just pulled one out. They got a big game five coming on Friday nights, so we'll find out how things go. I'm just happy that they're still alive. They're still playing. That's all I care about. All Right, let's talk to fantasy football, because we are gonna do it through our Week six calls, and also, you know, the guys who were up, the guys who were down, that sort of thing. But I was gonna start with a few fantasy headlines as well. All three real revolving around wide receivers. All three kind of concerning. First one, Nico Collins on injured reserve or a hamstring injury that means he is out for at least the next four weeks. Lakwan, Does this mean it's Tank Dell season? I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 4: Man. We haven't really seen Tank Dell be itself, and I think it might be the injury that's kind of slowing him down on his routes and production. But you're hoping that he can step up, you know, in light of Nico Collins being out, it just has not been fun starting him. So it's one of those things that you're hoping fingers cross, but who knows what happens.
Speaker 1: Does this mean the Floyo that it's maybe Dalton Schultz season.
Speaker 3: I have both Tank Dell and Dalton Schultz as sits in stardhom sit him this week because I agree with Lakwan. I think it for Tank Dell it's injury related. Let's also not forget he got shot in the offseason which delayed his rehab process. And then for Dalton Schultz, there's potential there for him to do something, but I want to see it first with both of these players, because even last week when Nico Collins left early, he had thirty four yards in a good matchup. So this is a game where I don't know if the Texans will have to throw a bunch. I kind of want to look Adam to your roster if you want. If they play well, you could start him next week. For Schultz, Dell's already on rosters, but you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Some was also concerning to see Xavier Hutchinson outsnap him last week as well, Like what was that about? And likek didn't see his first target until Nico Collins went out of the game, So what is happening?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man, weird times in Houston for sure. More wide receiver news in the AFC South, Michael Pickman with a back injury out for multiple weeks. There is some talk that he could end up on injured reserve. As of us doing this show, he has not been there, but we'll see what happens. Florida looks it's been hit or miss. I mean, the success or failure of the Colts wide receivers has depended on who is at quarterback. At some point we're getting Anthony Richardson back. Is it just Alec Pierce in nothing else or maybe is there some room for Josh Downs.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think. Look, it's been up and down for everyone but one wide receiver, because Alec Pierce has led them in receiving yards in four or five games.
Speaker 1: And I know.
Speaker 3: Last week for three and seven eighths of a quarter it looked like he was going to do nothing and then he absolutely exploded and finished as a a top wide receiver of the week with three catches. So I think, regardless of the quarterback, Alec Pierce is who you should be investing in right now, especially though if it's Anthony Richardson, because if the floor is low with Richardson for all of their pass catchers why not go with the guy who, if he hits, could completely alter your week and potentially win you the week. Whereas the other guys if they hit, yeah, they're they're solid contributors, but they're not gonna hit like Alec Pierce does. And I jumped on board pretty early this year with Alec Pierce, but Marcus, you were even ahead of that. You were on it since the start, So shout out to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I like to say I was on it last year was just a year too early. They didn't happen last season. It seems to be happening this season. Admittedly he's more of a better and bestball guy just because the usage is so inconsistent, but what it hits, it's look really good so far this year. Another thing about wide receivers that is concerning Elie Nighbors still in concussion protocol, Flooria, this has been your guy for a while. How worry are you at this point?
Speaker 3: Very because this happened two weeks ago today, Like when it happened, we were like, oh, all right, Mini buy every player who has suffered a concussion. I believe last season on Thursday played the next week. Okay, Neighbors didn't play. Now we're another week into this and this is still carrying on. So yeah, I have teams that need neighbors, but even more importantly than that, like I want to see this guy healthy and back out there and everything. So definitely concerning, especially concerning for me because I bought a Melik Neighbors shirt that I'm waiting to break out, but I can't wear it until he returns.
Speaker 1: So we needlak Neighbors to get healthy. One for the New York Giants, but also for Florio's wardrobe choices too, just to help out with that. So Malik, if you could somehow get right, we would all certainly appreciate it. But still definitely we'll see it seem good, healthy, get back on the field. In all seriousness because obviously having a great rookie season in progress as into our week six calls the things that we think are gonna happen for your fantasy squads in week six. People start with Club Dub, but let's go the guys think you're gonna be the top scores none quarterback edition, of course, because that would be cheating otherwise. So who is the non quarterback Lakwan that you think is going to be the top scorer this week.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't have my loud shirt on and I'm not prepared to go to the club dub, but I'm going to be riding with DJ Moore against the Jaguars. Now we know how that defense is very generous two wide receivers to forethmost fantasy points, but more so looking at Kayla Williams and this bears offense of how they've been playing like. Therefore, I'm looking at DJ Moore to capitalize on his season high and yards and fantasy points last week and get it done against this Jacks defense who've been allowing a ton of deep passes to teams so far this season. I mean, the fourth highest completion rate you know on deep balls this season. And we saw last week Kayler Williams get some time in the pocket man, because they're establishing the run and there's gonna be a lot of times where Kayla Williams, he's gonna be out there dealing if he has time in that pocket. So DJ Moore or let's go.
Speaker 1: I mean, DJ Moore always a candidate today. A ton of targets, you know, sort of inside information heard from a friend of a friend that being Adam Rank talking about Mathew talked about his podcast, but some of the other guys said that they think this could be a Keenan Allen week as well, So we will see. But Kayla Williams getting hot. Great matchup this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Florio, who do you like this week to go big?
Speaker 3: We said quarterbacks would be cheating the number one wide receiver and drafts also might be cheating, but I don't care. He's not a quarterback, so give me c d Lamb. Because the Detroit Lions struggle mightily against wide receivers. They are in the top two only the Jaguars, so I love your call as well. Lakwan have allowed more fantasy points per game two wide receivers than the Lions have. But the best part about the Lions is of facing when your receivers play them, the Lions offense is going to put up points. We know that they are probably going to run all over the Cowboys this week, but even if they can't, they'll they'll find ways. They have a lot of different weapons they can get the ball to and when they score points, their opponents need to put their foot on the gas. Play fast, throw more and try to match those points, and I think this could be a high scoring game. I want Cede Lamb obviously, you want him in as many lineups as you can get him in. But I think this we've been waiting for the vintage CD Lamb game. I think it's this week.
Speaker 1: You know what, the way the Cowboys are running the ball, which is to say not at all, that means plenty of opportunity for targets. And what you say, I agree, it could be a very high scoring game, So plenty of opportunity there, Florida, we might want ear must for this one because I like Breis Hall.
Speaker 3: I agree with your call.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got Breece Hall as a chance to go really really big Florio. It's the thing that you have talked about that the secondary, the pass coverage has been very good for Buffalo. The linebackers have been a problem. Running backs have had a field day against this defense so far this year. And I think with the change in play, it's been stripped from Nathaniel Hackett, it has been given to Todd Downing. I think you're gonna see a difference in the way the Jets offense operates, and I think a lot of it is going to be We're going to feed our really talented running back with a lot of opportunities here. So I think you're gonna see Breese Hall carry it a lot. I think you're gonna see him get a lot of targets. Especially keep in mind Aaron Rodgers has been limited in practice so far this week, so it might not be a situation where they let him, you know, take these drop backs, stand in the pocket and try to go downfield. It might have to be him getting the ball out quick, which works in the favor of Breeze Hall. So everybody who's been frustrated trying to start Breeze Hall and not getting those big games, I think this is a week that you can feel a little bit more confident that the guy you spit probably a top three pick on, is going to produce for your fantasy squad over to these snorel acts our favorite Week six sleepers. So in the words of ash ketchum, who are you choosing up?
Speaker 4: I love this sleep like that was a great call, Floria. But anyway, I'm going to Eagles DST this week. Man, I know they're not really the sexiest DST, you know, Team to have in your starting lineups. This season, they've been really on the low side of like four to five points. Not really the team to go out there and get a lot of sacks right now, and they've been getting cooked in that secondary. But going against this Browns offensive line, I think they can feast and get some turnover, some sacks and be out there and be able to build on those standard ten points you're able to get because right now the Browns offense is got awful and getting after Watson is something that I think they can do. So the standard ten points to maintain the low scoring points this week is definitely on the table for them. So the Eagles team might be on the wire for you. Go pick them up, put them in your starting lineup this week.
Speaker 1: I got an interesting notes from our research squad earlier on Thursday that last season there were five or three fifth round quarterbacks who started a game in twenty twenty three. None of them threw a touchdown pass in their first career start. So Spencer Rattler getting his first career start this week for the New Orleans Saints going against the Eagles, do not necessarily like the situation for him there, So I do like that call as a sleeper start this week a Florida who do he likes a sleeper?
Speaker 3: In my leagues, the Eagles defense were going for there was bidding wars in.
Speaker 1: Fab to get them race.
Speaker 3: I like Calvin Ridley though this week because if not now, it might never happen in Tennessee. But I know it's been rough for Calvin Ridley outside of the one game against the Jets, where you probably sad them because they were facing the Jets. But the Colts have struggled every which way this year.
Speaker 1: On defense.
Speaker 3: They've given up a lot of rushing yards, even though they have improved in recent weeks against the run, they have really struggled against the pass, and they particularly struggled against out wide wide receivers and on deep passes against wide receivers who plays out wide and could win downfield. The best on the Titans Calvin Ridley. So uh, this is just a pure upside shot. And if you're in a deeper league, DeAndre Hopkins is even someone that I would consider taking a shot on this week. And Marcus, I know you have been talking about Will Levis and his male loving as a sleeper this week, So let's get his past catchers in there.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, I don't hate that at all. I mean, he's gonna get the ball downfield to somebody. Why not Calvin Ridley. Let me creak myself. By the way, it's not the Eagles in the Saints this week. It's the Eagles in the Brown. So you're picking on Deshaun Watson, yes, who has been also awful all season all but I guess you mean that means that you can stream the Bucks defense against the Saints if you want to this week. That is not my sleeper. My sleeper is another defense, because apparently defense is the order of the day. I'm going to Houston, Texans taking on the New England Patriots this week. Drake May making his first career regular season start for New England. I think Drake May is going to have a very bright future. I liked what I saw out of him in the preseason. Do not like him this week. This is the same Texans defense that harassed Caleb Williams to no end pressure on him. They sacked him seven times as well. I think you're gonna see them really try to heat things up for Drake May. This is a Patriots offense that has not been very good with Jacoby Brissett's second fewest point score of any team in the NFL so far, so maybe it gets incrementally better with Drake May. Perhaps this is not the week that I would test that we talked about. Jalen Polk is the guy you want to add. I don't think you're starting him this week. I want to see what happens with this Texans defense first before I have any thoughts of starting any Patriots skill position guys. But I would slide into Texans as a streaming option. If you are looking for a defense, it's time to drive your line up, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Let's look forward. Can I get an encore? Who are the guys who went big last week? Who go big again this week? Lakwan, who do you like?
Speaker 4: I'm going Kirko Chains?
Speaker 1: Is that where we're still calling? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean he's still Swacksurf and I'm pretty sure going into this week coming off a career high of five hundred passing yards, and I think he can keep the train rolling in this matchup. He's a top five quarterback in major crack category, so he is bowling right now. This Panthers defense that are allowing thirty three points per game. That's the most in the NFL right now, and Kirk Cousins is responsible for eighty eight percent of the Falcons offensive touchdowns. So if there's going to be some scoring in this game against one of the worst defenses, it's coming from Kirk Cousins hand. So another QB one week coming for Kirk co Chains, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, does mean we get to see him swagsurfing flags.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a little awkward, but he got it down after the beat starts.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousins it was it was never not going to be awkward watching him swag surf, like there was only one way they found the beat, though, it was never not going to be awkward for sure. This dude buys his close it coals Man, which no shot at Coles. But like you just you just know if I'm buying Khaki's at coals, I'm not swagsurfing. Ether just don't go together. The correlation there is very low, right, Come on there it is Florida. Who's who's your guy? Who goes big again? In Week six?
Speaker 3: Uh Za Flower coming off of not just his best game of the season, but arguably the best game of his career for the Ravens, but he leads them in every category targets, receiving, yards, catches, and he gets the Washington Commanders this week, who not only have allowed the most touchdowns to wide receivers, they've allowed the seventh most fantasy points. A wide receiver has gotten twenty fantasy points against them in all but one week, and in that one week they got eighteen against them. So very safe floor, high ceiling. And the best part, just like with the Lions, about having wide receivers go against the Commanders, is with their offense being good. Now, it's not like you're hoping that like I need my receiver to get a touchdown in the first half, otherwise they're just gonna run the ball Like no, You're gonna have to keep scoring to keep Jayden Daniels in this Commander's defense offense down. So could be a shootout. This is going to be the game that you said yesterday, Marcus. Everyone in the early window.
Speaker 1: Is going to have their eyes on this game. Why not get exposure to it? And Zay Flowers I think should eat this week. Yeah, man, I mean, obviously they didn't know how good Jayden and Daniel's gonna be when the schedule came out. But man, if this were like a Sunday night game, there's'l be a lot of fun if it were a kind of an Island game situation.
Speaker 3: No, we got to get Bengals Giants on Sunday night. Come on?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah for me, Look, we all jumped off the DeAndre Swift train after the first few weeks of the season.
Speaker 1: It was understandable. He was bad, right, he just hadn't produced anything. It was getting hard to sort of wait on him to produce. So everybody jumps ship. I get it. But he put together two solid games in a row, and now he gets another good matchup this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars. They have been bad against the run. They have been bad against pass catching running backs. We know Swift's gonna do a little bit of both of those things. You know you had we talked earlier about DJ Moore in that passing game for Chicago. DeAndre Swift's gonna be involved in that as well. He's gonna get some opportunities to get some targets there. We know he's going to get the majority of the rushing attempts as well. You can find the end zone. I think it becomes a really huge day. But even without that, I expect enough touches and enough production that he's a solid RB two for a whole lot of fantasy managers and continuing that run of really playing well after we pretty much all pulled the shoot Andre Swift after the first two or three weeks of the season. So there it is. That was Drive Your Lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri. I'm glad that we end our show with a positive thing. Yes, we've been doing better, because it feels like we had been ending with a lot of negatives and that was kind of a downer way to leave our own players. Do we hate this week? Yes, let's talk of the guys that are gonna stink in your lineup this week. No, let's not do that. Instead, let's let's end on this pro hate Award. The Silkie Johnson Award this week in Week six goes to we gotta work out. Maybe we'll make that a thing for a future shows going forward. But let's end this on a happy note, So there you go. That'll do it for this should have the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well, enjoy T and F everybody, and we will talk to you tomorrow