Speaker 1: One of our most listened to second date updates on our podcast happened just a few months ago, involving a girl who used a very unusual strategy to impress a guide during her first date. Okay, now, Brooke thought it was quirky and hilarious. Alexis felt it was kind of ick.
Speaker 2: Did we not agree?
Speaker 3: We always agree on dating, like you were always taking my tips and stuff.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm not gonna spoil it, But ever since that aired, we've had a lot of people texting in wanting to know what happened to that couple. Well, we finally have an answer for because we got in touch with them and all of us were blown away by what's happened since their original call. We're gonna play the original audio for you and then find out what's new right after when we do your second date update update, next second date update. Is it possible to be too hot to date? Asking for a friend?
Speaker 3: Nobody in this room could answer you.
Speaker 1: Seriously, If you look on TikTok right now, there's all these videos of beautiful models complaining that no men will approach them because guys are too intimidated.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my best friend is gorgeous and she always had that problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got to talk to them.
Speaker 1: It was all part of Poser's hashtag ask a hot Girl out without peeing yourself challenge. Yeah, didn't go so well pants.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: That might be the problem that one of our listeners, Kristen, is facing in her love life right now. She's worried maybe she was too attractive during her first date. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, try not to make fun of you right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: I don't feel sorry for you already. What we want to learn more? How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry? Can I just this was a one night phenomenon. I am not that hotpo like.
Speaker 1: A true hot girl. Anyway, we'll hang up on this girl.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: We're just joking around with you. Tell us about the guy that you ended up going out with. What's his name?
Speaker 4: His name is Ben. I don't even know if you could call it going out last week, I was supposed to meet up with my friend, just get some drinks or whatever. Girl of nights. I have this thing where I like to wear these one piece outfits now, like a jumper, Like a jumper.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, like those babies wear that you zip up from the foot all the way to the neck.
Speaker 3: Like I will say, I wish they had a zipper down the wall, because going to the bathroom in a jumper is really.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I keep going. You're looking good.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying, it's a bar waiting for my friend and she is running late, and meanwhile guys are like sending me drinks, the bartenders flirting with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, girl.
Speaker 4: And there's this one guy in particular who is just like absolutely my type from head to toe, Like he was even wearing like the outfit my high school crushy sword that was like my favorite outfit with like green corduroys and a little black polo show. And he had a beard just like he was way taller than me.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good that you got over him. So did the ban approach you then?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I thought maybe he was looking my way a little bit, but like I said, I was really feeling myself, so I went up to him.
Speaker 3: As you watch all the other boys be jealous, not cool.
Speaker 1: In your situation in saying that.
Speaker 3: Jealous, I'm all about this.
Speaker 4: Well, Okay, here's where it gets a little bit weird because I've never had anything like this happened to me before. So I'm like, I'm sitting with him and I'm chatting with him, and I'm clearly into him. And the bartender comes over and interrupts because some other guys sent me a drink.
Speaker 1: Nice while you're talking to the guy that you wanted.
Speaker 5: And competitive guy being like, hey, bro, sorry, I see you. She walked to you, but I still got her over here like that.
Speaker 3: Did did he seem to like that, like as like a challenge or did he seem to be put off by it?
Speaker 4: I mean, he had a beard, so it was pretty hard to tell.
Speaker 1: Was he mostly beard?
Speaker 3: No idea like I picturely bore like five o'clock shadow Santa Claus.
Speaker 4: That was like a little bit awkward, So I kind of used that as an opportunity to like show him that I was into him. So I kind of looked at the other guy like, uh, thanks, but what the heck and just ignored him and went back to talking to Ben.
Speaker 1: Must have made him feel good.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing, guys, Then it happened again.
Speaker 3: What whoa wait? Saved dude? Like save dude, kid?
Speaker 4: Now different dude, can you send me a link to your jumps.
Speaker 1: I want that.
Speaker 4: I had like some sort of magical magnetism going on, and I just I just I like saluted that guy awkwardly, like okay, captain, and.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about setting you a drink right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bar seems like the coolest place. It's got captains, it's got lumberjacks Brooksilver in the back saying like, how do you do?
Speaker 2: Do you? Mama?
Speaker 1: Tell because I'm out of your commentation. That the weirdest bar. How did this interaction between you and Ben? How did that end?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean eventually my friend let me know that she wasn't coming, and I was like, that's actually fine.
Speaker 1: I forgot about and.
Speaker 4: We hung out for the rest of the night, had a fantastic night. He gave me his number, I gave him my number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean that's basically been Did you.
Speaker 3: Ask him if he was single? Like, point blank?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, I have not.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is mind blowing.
Speaker 5: Because even if he wasn't interested in you, the fact that you were like literally swatting other men away in front of him and then telling him you were so interested like.
Speaker 1: That alone would make a guy just all you back in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any attention, not him.
Speaker 4: I've been theorizing because obviously I've been thinking about nothing but since and maybe he like stalked me online and is like, Okay, she's not.
Speaker 3: Always that hot, like when they turn the lights on at the end of the night of the bar and you're like, you have to understand.
Speaker 4: Like for me, the onesie thing, the whole thing is, I don't have to put an outfit together.
Speaker 2: It's like no effort. It's like I don't want to make up. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Okay, you and your magic Onesie. Hold on, We're gonna play a song that we'll call Ben for you, and we'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm suddenly feeling very.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 4: Update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're just joining us, it's the sequel to Joseph and the Amazing Technical or Dream Costen and the Magic Due Attracting Onesie.
Speaker 3: Alexis just wants to link.
Speaker 1: Because she went out and wore the one specific jumper that made her look real fine that night, so guys at the bar kept sending her drinks, which was a good thing, except it was happening while she was sitting down with the one dude that she really wanted to be with, a sexy lumberjack type named Ben who's apparently more beard than body. Yeah, but she's worried. Maybe all that attention from other guys was a little bit intimidating to Ben, and it could have scared him away.
Speaker 3: How could a guy with a beard like that be intimidated.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened, but he's not asking me out, so I mean, whatever it is, I want to know.
Speaker 1: Maybe his beard got caught on the door and he's just he can't get home to make the call to you. So let's find out. Here we go. Hello, Yeah, yeah, it sounds right. Hey, is this Ben the beard?
Speaker 2: What I mean? Ben?
Speaker 1: Ben with a beard? This is Ben? Sorry, he sounded exactly like I thought.
Speaker 5: I think Ben just flustered everyone in the road.
Speaker 3: I know Ben.
Speaker 1: Sorry. My name is jeff I also have a beard, but probably not as nice as yours. I host a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're hoping to talk with you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You can also hear some podcasts too, if you want to look us up on like Spotify any of that. We're there.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, cool, that's all we wanted to say.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your time, Den Sometimes. No, we're really calling because we're doing something called a second date update. We're trying to help one of our listeners get ahold of you. Okay, her name's Kristen, and you met her out at the bar the other night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't really a first date.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you don't remember Kristen. She had a really cute jumper on. Most guys don't recognize that stuffe language.
Speaker 2: No, Oh my gosh, I do know. I know who that girl is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to talk to her. She sounded awesome, like funny.
Speaker 5: She wasn't like full of herself at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's super fun. She's right. Okay, I'm sorry. She told you that we hung out or something stiled a radio station and we hung out.
Speaker 1: She said that she met you out at the bar the other night and was having a really nice time and then afterwards. It's been kind of hard getting ahold of you and she's curious, why.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is this is so crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, this isn't a normal thing that happens, but we're really hoping to help her out because she's a listener.
Speaker 2: Who does that? Who does that? That's so she's just kind of messed up.
Speaker 3: What did she do something to you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I was the situation was like I saw her at a bar, and like she came over to me and we started chatting, and she was really funny. But I mean like she got like a drink from another guy.
Speaker 1: I guess, Yeah, she mentioned that to us a little bit. Is that something that intimidated you?
Speaker 2: I mean not really not at first. I mean I thought it was kind of funny that a dude was doing that. But when it happened again, because it happened like a second time, I was like, oh, hell no, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how are you How are you blaming her?
Speaker 2: That's not her fault. So, like the situation that happened was like she had to leave for a hot second and step out to like talk to her friend, I guess, because I guess the friend wasn't coming. But when she was outside, I like walked over to the guy who had set the drinks. Oh, like, hey, do you mind not doing that? Oh, I'm talking to this girl right now, and it kind of makes me look a little bad or like feels like you're being competitive, which is like so childlike that's not bad to go.
Speaker 5: Talk man to man real quick and just say, hey, bro, yeah, you know, you know you're not causing a scene.
Speaker 1: Right and you want to wrestle Beard's over now.
Speaker 5: If he's like, back off, but if you're like, hey, man, politely, I'm trying to talk with her, and you know, I think she's interested in me.
Speaker 3: So what did he say?
Speaker 2: He said he didn't send it.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: Oh, so then you just obviously got the wrong dude, Yeah, like it was somebody else.
Speaker 1: The bartender said.
Speaker 2: It wrong, No, because like the bartender pointed to the guy out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they're across the room. So the bartender was.
Speaker 3: Like, from him, So you went to the bartender.
Speaker 2: So I walked over to the bartender and I asked the bartender and he was like, I can't really disclose that what I thought.
Speaker 3: He just pointed the dude out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he didn't want to start or something.
Speaker 2: It was just weird that he was being coy and I called that out. I was like, why do you carry you literally pointed the guy out before and that's when he told me, which is that I guess this is something that she did.
Speaker 1: That Kristen does.
Speaker 2: She pays the bartender to like send a drink to herself from some random guy every like that an hour hour brilliant.
Speaker 5: Way do you believe that I'm going to start doing this?
Speaker 3: You think?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because the second he like admitted it, he was like, don't tell her she does this often, Like she comes in and does this every.
Speaker 3: Month or so, spot like he doesn't. He didn't for like a few months for her though.
Speaker 1: That's kind of nice. Yeah, i'mot to keep track of sneaky trick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you think that's a red flag? You don't think it's just kind of funny.
Speaker 2: That's so it's so weird, Like I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Just trying to pump up her own confidence that some people need that, especially if they're going to go approach another guy, which is a really intimidating thing to do as a woman.
Speaker 1: True, I mean, it sounds so outlandish. You guys are all believing it I'm still not sure if this is actually true. Okay, I think you should just ask Kristin directly. Kristin, did you pay the bartender to send you drinks?
Speaker 4: Of course not.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous, Ben, I forgot to tell you.
Speaker 1: Christen's on the other line listening. She wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: So embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed, but this is embarrassing for everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, that is not even Drew. That's complete nonsense. I would never do that. But let's say theoretically someone did that. That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: I don't believe her.
Speaker 4: I was listening and Ben's all like, oh, she's messed up, And I'm like, have you never seen the movie Clueless?
Speaker 3: Clueless?
Speaker 4: Remember she sends herself talkless and flowers, Yeah.
Speaker 3: In high school. I don't think they could be at a.
Speaker 1: Year to somebody that's denying it. You sure do know a lot about how this system wors.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you guys. A magician never reveals their secret.
Speaker 1: There we go, Okay, let me get random. Is it not even that cute? Then? I'm kind of like, I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Does it even matter?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Who cares? She sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can kind of hear what she's saying right now. She's making it seem like it's not that big of a deal, but she's like not owning up to it. But she kind of is owning up to it. And I'm like, if you're starting off on the wrong foot by being like deceitful and like maybe lying or maybe telling the truth, and I already don't want that right off the bat.
Speaker 4: So you are, like, I feel like you're taking this really really seriously, considering we were a couple of random strangers that met in the bar and had a laugh and I just wanted to know you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, then if you think that I'm taking it too seriously, then just own up to it. Then I'll ask you again, did you do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Of course I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Though she got a flirty and it's like all of us and so she didn't do it.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 3: It's what Dane is. It's like, you know, trying to make yourself feel better, trying to make yourself look the best. She just used a different method.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I'm sorry to interrupt this conversation, but I do need to let Ben know that there's another woman who wants to send you a gift card to go on a date. Would you like that gift? Hard?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: Because Ben, if you say yes, then you can go out with Kristen one more time. We'll pay for that.
Speaker 2: Uh you know what? Sure? Yeah, why not? But you have one strike against you right now? You know you on a warning?
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds like a naughty thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. Agree. You know I have never ever cheated or anything like that any ever in my life.
Speaker 1: To insist that no one else to worry.
Speaker 4: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's been a few months since we did that second date, and we were supposed to have Ben and Kristen back on with us today to get an update on their situation.
Speaker 3: But we don't.
Speaker 1: Only Ben agreed. Kristen actually sent us an email calling Ben a bunch of names. I don't know why, but Ben, can you shed some light on the situation. Tell us what happened? You do?
Speaker 3: Maybe they were sweetheart, Maybe she was calling you sweetheart and babe that's the name.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: I mean, I absolutely know why she refused to be on the phone because we went to some sort of bar, but it was a different one than we went to on the first aide obviously for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we give you a gift certificate. So what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no. And I was like, you know, it would be a really good joke. I mean, in retrospect, it was kind of stupid, but I thought it was funny, which is I decided to pull the same joke that she pulled on me.
Speaker 3: You had pretend women sending you drinks.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's it. I got there early and I told the bartender. I was like, hey, I'm going to sit over there. Missed my credit card and you'll see when my day comes in. Yeah, and maybe wait like five minutes, and then can you bring me a vodka soda and say, like, point to the cutest girl in the bar, like, say it's from her. Do you mind?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought it was obvious, obviously funny, right right, But then when the bartender did it, she was furious.
Speaker 3: Why Why was she so mad? Did she think you were making fun of her?
Speaker 2: Or I don't think that she really got the joke at first, And I didn't really have much of a time to kind of explain it because she just marched right over to the woman. Oh so I had to kind of play damage control, and I like rushed up as well, and I was like, hey, I'm so sorry, like it was a joke, and then she like got in my face for a hot second.
Speaker 1: Whoa, she was the one that came up with this joke.
Speaker 3: It's not as funny when a guy does it. Do the joke.
Speaker 1: You can't do the joke.
Speaker 3: But she seems so cool, not so unstable.
Speaker 1: That's what happens with all those cool girls. They're cool one second, nightmares the next Bundy.
Speaker 3: So was that the end?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I mean I guess she just got a little bit of her own medicine and she's not really returning my calls, so.
Speaker 3: Obviously she really was doing it because she had kind of some maybe some self esteem. Okay, poor thing, dang it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was a bummer, but whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get that woman's number that sent you the drink?
Speaker 2: If I can get it, will you guys help me out with a second date update?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: It obviously went so well the first
Speaker 4: Time brooking Jeffrey in the morning,