Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Bustle with the Boys. I'm your host Will Compton, my co host today. Jelly roll, Jelly yeah, Jelly Lwan. You gotta clap JP, I didn't hear you're yelling hey, before we get before we get in, before we get in the episode. You know what the deal is? You know who our big time sponsor is.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, listen man, that's Chevro That boys built like a Chevy.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the Silverado is strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working.
Speaker 2: It's football season.
Speaker 1: We're in full Spootober swing and it's time to up up your tailgating game. With the multiflexed tailgate on the Chevy Silverado, six convenient configurations will give you a step up on your tailgate game. There's a primary tailgate which opens up with the push of a button on the key fop or from the inside of your truck. The inner gate folds down to a large step for easily getting in and out.
Speaker 2: Of the bed.
Speaker 1: I know, Jelly, a man of your you need the tailgate where it steps down. You take a couple of steps, yeah, to get up in that tailgate.
Speaker 2: Its tailgate.
Speaker 1: The inner gate folds down allowing you to reach farther in the bed. It can also become a desk or a surface for your tailgating meal. The Chevy Silverado is modern in advanced, with a ton of grit, a partner and getting things done. It is as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. You, the tier ones, the wolves. I almost curse right there. I' not going to the strongest, most advanced Loverado ever. Go to a Chevy dealership near you. The boys we choose Freeland Chevrolet.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 1: It's a local spot. You go down south a little bit. They take care of all your needs. They take care of the boys. Let them know that the boys sent you their service or sales, new or used. They've got it all. Head into your local dealer and tell them the boy SENSI. You might get a free tailgate, you might get a free trailer hitch. You might get a new free Chevrolet. You might get one of those Bogo deals by one get one free, depending on the day.
Speaker 2: I've heard they're giving away Silverado's with the purchase of one. Don't quote me, That's just what I'm hearing. Jelly, How are you, brother.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm awesome man. I'm actually really better this week than I was last week, and that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I'm glad you made it. I was.
Speaker 1: I was getting worried you texted you were ready to come on the episode. I text you late last night, Hey, you want to come on Busting with the Boys. You're like, yes, sir. I text you this morning at probably eight thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Don't get it.
Speaker 1: Don't get a response. I'm like, hey, it's one o'clock. Good, don't hear nothing from him. I get done with my workout. I'm sitting there looking at my phone. I'm like, goll Joey. I had a texted back here, and I'm like, I bet you this man still sleeping. I shot up my Imoji's I'm like, hey, wake your ass up, and you're like, oh, perfect time.
Speaker 2: My alarm just went off.
Speaker 3: I had my alarm set for like eleven forty, and you woke up. I woke straight up. I had to jump on his call at twelve and I shot straight over. You know, the best part was I didn't even need GPS son. That's how local I am. I was just like, you were like, you need to get here. I was like, not the same spot right and just literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are you are like you're you are Nashville.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, you could blindfold me, Bubba and drop me off in any could a second Nashville and just let me walk to the closest cross street and I can tell you exactly.
Speaker 2: Where I'm at. I think that's what we have to do. Yeah, we should do. We should make it. Yeah, take October at Dark County though, that's the catch. Don't trick me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all night time. Dump him out with a van like push, like roll him out of the fucking back.
Speaker 4: What should.
Speaker 2: Hey take the mic? Take the mic, Jack, excuse my voice, but we wrong with your doing cocaine, young man.
Speaker 5: It's like, damn with my dad's Tennessee game Titans Monday night game balls losing the Bama and then yesterday it's just been a it's been a long week.
Speaker 2: He's a very emotional fan. But you, uh, it's a game. You get ten minutes.
Speaker 5: You started a low We like started our high school, and it's like split up half and half. If you're on the team, it's blindfold you get in the car and you get ten minutes. Or I was far away from that point as possible then you get dropped off, So you get dropped off and then you're not blindfold and you got to figure out how to get back home.
Speaker 6: So it's the exact same concept. But it's a good time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know that me and Garrett were right with Jolley. We could get dropped off in any spot and getting the home.
Speaker 2: Know for sure we're getting on.
Speaker 1: When you were mentioning earlier that this week's better than the last, are you talking about the depression?
Speaker 3: I had a you know, I just had a rough week. You know what's funny, man, I posted that tweet and I just said depression is real. And first of all, Pops Taylor first person to text me, which I thought was sweet cause I was gonna text him the week before to make sure he was okay after that injury.
Speaker 2: But I was like, man, I bet his phone is fucking going nuts, right yeah, so, but uh, I just thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the text till quite a few days later, just because I was just not fucking with my phone. But it's like I told my wife, the amount of times I have the courage to post something about depression versus the amount of times I'm depressed is crazy off right, Like, I am way more depressed at times, and I have the curgs to just be like, you know what, I hadn't.
Speaker 2: Posted on social media in like two weeks. I think I should just at least be like, just don't feel like posting, y'all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And plus I try to do that because I hate the like social media is like this capture of the coolest moments of our lives, but never the bullshit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it was just yeah, but but I felt good this week. I felt a little better.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I kind of came around this weekend and kind of focused on some stuff.
Speaker 3: And you might not know it by looking at me, but I'm down like twenty five pounds from the last time I was on the bus.
Speaker 2: Dude, Thank y'all. I have been focusing on that.
Speaker 3: I have been, even though I'm sitting here a little hungover drinking vital light, I've been drinking less and smoking more and that's been helping me.
Speaker 2: They it keeps the munchies down at nighttime. Though.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy, man, I'm like, I'm one of them old school potheads that don't want to eat when I'm high because like, I'm not fucking this buzz up. I paid all this money for this fire ass weed and I'm gonna go fucking eat a honey on and fuck this buzz up.
Speaker 2: You're crazy, dude, Fuck you man, I to stay. I don't eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more likely to eat on cocaine than I want fucking weed because that cocaine has Sometimes you're like, I was just slow down, yeah weed, How You're like, I think I want to get a little higher. I don't want nothing to getting away of that buzz The reason I don't smoke blunts. When you did partake in the beautiful fruits of pot, was you a blunt guy?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't like For me, it started with like an edible yeah, because the first time I did, I was with like it was it was d' angel hall and it was on my birthday. It was on my twenty seventh birthday. Is the first time I ever partook in the in the in the weed category. I was always one of those kids growing up too, where you were just like against it and you kind of like judge your buddies who did it real fucking hard.
Speaker 2: Oh back in the day, what's up? What an athlete. Yeah, yeah, exactly, like the whole team leader captain stuff. Like I was just like I was a dude.
Speaker 1: It was like it'd be like me and Rexburg Can we'd like write our numbers down on the like on the projector to be like, hey, if anybody needs to write home or anybody's doing that. But yeah, the first time I did was like twenty eight or twenty seven. And I've never really like when somebody talks about like blunts and this and that, I never really know like the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's like for me, it's the same concept of eating after I smoke is like this beautiful herb that just tastes so incredible and just changes everything about how I feel. And now I put it in this nasty tobacco leaf. It just fucks it up.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm I have no judgmental towards people that like it. Said, it just looked me and it's not good weed. Man, The weed sucks, you know.
Speaker 2: So blunt is uh we wrapped in tobacco leave. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel like I'm giving an educational course and I'm like, welcome you all to this week's episode. Yeah, dude, my first time. The best part is he was like, I didn't really do that until I was twenty seven. Fast forward ten years later and me and Will Compton were walking out of Zamies puken drunk together.
Speaker 1: Dude, my first experience wasn't like my favorite because again it was on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Dangel. Was it weed? We talked about it once before, but I remember was it weed or was it an edible? It was a joint.
Speaker 1: The first time was a joint, and then people were trying to talk like, oh, an edible will be better for you, like it's more of a body if you're high than it is.
Speaker 2: What a lie, what a trick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, boy, somebody was walking you right off the cliff. But that's what somebody was just here.
Speaker 2: You know me, I'm gullible, gullible, okay, yeah, yea, yeah, of course, dude.
Speaker 3: It's the worst man you ever took, Like like too many edibles. No, there's a moment where it goes from like it it gets like psychotropics. Psychotropics at the words and I'm not like like the language sounds like whatever you call them, the linguist or whatever. But quenus andn't I got something to do with sushi? Which yeah, yeah, right, right, okay, yeah, that's what do you think I at least know about food? But yeah, it's like fucking it turns into like, listen, like five hundred milligrams for me, I might as well trip acid.
Speaker 2: Hey, Like that's how it feels.
Speaker 3: Hey, five milia. I took five hundred milligrams one time and fucking thought I was dying. I could I could hear my organs moving, you know what I'm saying. I've been pretty bad to those organs, so they didn't sound great neither.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It was stressful, Doug, I'm just taking five hundred milligrams. True story.
Speaker 3: We were on tour and we all did it on the bus and it was it was one of the worst experiences of my life that I would do again.
Speaker 1: Did you guys make it off the bus at any point? No, well, shouldn't listen, man, or you guys make stuff on the bus.
Speaker 4: No, we.
Speaker 3: Did it on like a twelve hour drive. It was like from Denver to like Idaho Falls or something, and we were like, this would be a great day to all take a five hundred milligram brownie or something.
Speaker 2: And like the whole bus. Oh so it's homemade. Oh no, no, no, we bought them from the Denver dispensers.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and since we're law abiding citizens, we figured we would eat it before we left the state.
Speaker 2: Very good. That's high character. That's a head character move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I felt. I feel like young Will would have been proud of that. I liked Will would have approved. At least you did it before you crossed the border.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Before we get too far away, podcast, I do I do want to ask before we get far away from all the depression talk, when you're having a downtime or a down week or a down a couple of weeks, are you and you're like, I'm having a better week this week, are you identifying what's what's going on?
Speaker 3: Like why the down roll stuff happens happened. I'm starting to take more time to do an assessment of what triggers it. The weird thing about depression is, and some people out there will know this is that you never really I wish it was clear cut, as.
Speaker 2: Like I got a bad phone call or like I had a bad thought, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I think sometimes there's an underlying thing, you know, Like it was my dad's birthday last week, so that's like, you know, it's like you for thirty four years, I called this dude you know, every every year, same day, same time, met him at the same bar, you know what I mean, Like it was what I'm saying, you know, but it was like, uh, but I think sometimes you just don't really know what triggers. And what I've learned, what I'm learning about myself is and the more I understand it is one I'm more open at talking about it because it's almost like just kind of relieving.
Speaker 2: Even to sit my wife down. I don't sit her down and talk about it. And last week I started, I was, I just feel like shit.
Speaker 3: So I don't feel like doing nothing, you know, So I don't feel like leaving up, like like answering, like doing anything feels like a chore, like anything, Like getting up to go get food was like, fuck, man, I don't want really walk to the front door and get that sandwich I ordered, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like you're just like fucking you know, the phone doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But what I've learned about me is a lot of my stuff is rooted, and I think, like, I don't know, I'm really thinking about it right now.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of my problems come back to my personal stuff is stuff that I either just never dealt with or that I don't deal with. I hide behind entertainment, right like humor, right even right then we start talking about depressions, let's talk about pot brownings insteady cool. You know, it's like I immediately go into like or even then. As much as it's helped me writing music with my depression, I think sometimes it's also enabled me from dealing with it because I'll be like, oh man, I feel really like shit, let's go write a song. And it helps because it's that instant gratification of getting that immediate feeling out. But then it's like you never really sat down and you know what I'm saying, at looked inside of yourself as deeply, you know what I mean. It was like almost like you're rushing to get it out, so let's just go write it right now, you know what I mean. But it's not like actually sitting down and looking inside of yourself and like doing a real evaluation. And I know this sounds corny and I used to get mad when motherfucker said this wheel, but they were like, just when you're depressed, just go outside and walk, and I'd be like, fuck you, man. And I actually went outside and walked this week, and I felt incrementally better, Like literally was like, you know what this is, It's all right, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Like I'm you know, I'm busted a little sweat and my heart rate up got inside of my own thoughts. I also thought about this, how much time do you spend Sorry, I'm burping up tequila. Got a fucking night.
Speaker 2: This is a good show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking oh goodness. I just hope I don't have to shit during this podcast. Man, it's bubbling if it gets too out and here it's happening for sure. How many times do you get the opportunity and how much has meditation helped in your career?
Speaker 2: If at all?
Speaker 1: Meditation in any form, like anytime, just like will buy will self. The first question is how often do I do it? So I will pretty much I would say I won't say every day, just to sound like again, not to sound like a heart over, but I'll say probably at least four times a week. I'm doing like breathing exercises, and that's a form even though sometimes I look at a clock and I'm trying to like sometimes it's breath holes and things like that. I'm always listening to, like, you know, whether it be Simon Sinek. Not always, but a lot of the time I'll be listening to people like Ted talkers in my truck, or I just won't listen to anything at all because I just want to sit there and like think about everything going on. Like if I'm mad about something, I'll know when i'm I'll know what I'm getting worked up because I'm having the conversations out loud in my truck.
Speaker 2: When I'm driving by myself, I'll start yelling.
Speaker 1: I'll start like having the you know, so whatever somebody's excuse was, I'm like answering what I should have said at that point instead of being like, you know, instead of what I was being, like, I'm getting out what I thinking behind all of it. And then I just try and sit there and think about, like why is it bothering me? But I'll say how much it helps, Like I feel like sitting with yourself helps insane.
Speaker 3: It's new to me, it's a new concept to me, and I've been trying to talking to guys like you and hearing your thoughts on it means the world to me because it's something you're talking about. Ted Talkers, I've got into that. Uh, I'm gonna suck his name up because I'm fucking hungover and I've been fucking up every name today. I called sushi fucking Alfredo pasta at the root of not and I was trying to say something about the English language through all that. But Uh, Dan Donda Penny, Don Dapani. He never actually says his name. He's never like, hello, it's Don Deapenny, but it's something like that, is anybody familiar with this guy?
Speaker 2: He's a monk. It's d A N d A p A and I or something. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So it was like, it's like kind of like this monk lifestyle because I used to listen to Jay Shetty a lot, which is another guy that comes from Monkism or if you call it monk, and I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I love how any city he was saying.
Speaker 3: It was like, it just sounds right. If Marxism isn't why wouldn't MONKYSNM be a thing. But uh, it was like he was real big on like sitting with your sitting with yourself, like sitting with your thoughts and like because normally I like to, like even when I.
Speaker 2: Talk on the phone, I'm a pacer.
Speaker 3: I get like, if it's a serious conversation, I want to get in the truck and ride and talk, or I want to I'm the dude, You'll just see, you know, walking very hikey. I can never have a conversation when somebody's buying me or nothing like that. You'll got to take a last Yeah, exactly. I got a saunter up and down the driveway by myself. You know what I'm saying, a little more hasty, but you know, like a little light saunter. But it's like it's just you know, it's like and it made me realize that sometimes I get so caught up in dealing with my emotions in so many different ways that I never actually take the time to think about how I'm dealing with them. Because I'm still old school. I'll get in the truck and roll up joint and like put on James Taylor and just ride a back road and just clear my head, but I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking and i'm smoking, but I'm listening to James. I'm doing so many other things that I'm not fully thinking. You're you're escaping. Yeah, I'm kind of escaping. I'm sorting through it and I'm getting my ship together, But I'm not like actually sitting in a still quiet room going how the fuck do you feel about that? Why did you have that reaction? Why did you slap that guy on Second Avenue when he called you the other night? What was what was the trigger behind that? Besides alcohol, you know what I mean. So it's like I'm trying to learn to do that through my depression. Now, I'm trying to find the time to actually go get in my thoughts, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. And that's my guy, that's my dude right there, that's my Ted talker. You got to check him out, man, No, Yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: People that I've been on recently is, like I said, Simon Seney, but like we've talked about him recently too, is uh Naval.
Speaker 2: He's got Simon Sinek. Start with the wires.
Speaker 3: That the name of the Yeah, that's the incredible book thought that leaders eat last in the infinite game because a lot of times we're like, you know, the way he explains it is like there's a lot of people in the infinite game trying to play these finite games.
Speaker 1: So in a finite game like football or baseball or any sport, there's rules that are agreed upon, there's players that are agreed upon, Like you know when the game starts, you know when the game ends, all that, so you always know when that game's over with, you're able to see it for what it was. And there's a lot of times, like in business and in life, like people see it as a game like they have to win. And he's like, there is no winning business, there is no winning at life. Like it's just never ending journey that is always happening.
Speaker 2: And until you like.
Speaker 1: Essentially build yourself from the inside out, you're always gonna have like these shortcomings because you think there's some finish line everywhere. An example he uses he was in a he was in a car with somebody from like Apple or Microsoft.
Speaker 2: He was listening to these people speak at Microsoft.
Speaker 1: And all they were talking about was how they're going to beat Apple, where their numbers were against Apple and everything thing else. And this was back when the zooon was out. It's a zoom, right, And he was in a car with.
Speaker 3: Somebody from Apple after this speech, after all these talks, and he had the Zoon in his and he told the person from Apple, Hey, here here's the new Zoom product.
Speaker 2: This is better than the than the iPod.
Speaker 1: And the dude from Apple is like, I have no doubt because he was saying fundamentally, the people from Apple, the reason they are where they are where they're at right now is because they know that along this entire road, like they're gonna be behind at some point. But the way he's explaining, like the infinite game and all these finite games and all these different things, I don't know, it helps me compartmentalize sometimes, like let me identify what game I'm trying to play, because usually a lot of times like that's when I'm like either like anxious or I get anxiety because I'm like looking, I'm looking to people next to me, in front.
Speaker 2: Of me, behind me. I'm comparing too much, and I need a like real stuff in right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's no, that's great. I need to I need to read that when I read the start with a why, and I applied to my music. We talkalked about on this podcast before. Every song to me has to have a wive. But I've never read that one. Yeah, the Infinite Game.
Speaker 1: That's this one's called the Infinite Game. But you guys, don't let me forget that bubble. I'll shoot you the links of those books, yeah, dude, I'll check them, man, and some of the in just some of the YouTube videos, Like I get a lot like uh, you get more from reading, but I get a lot out of like listening, because I haven't found like I get to my head goes everywhere, Like when I'm trying to read, how many.
Speaker 2: Times have you had to start back over? So many?
Speaker 1: Realized I just read a whole page and didn't read it. Yeah, because somebody drops it. Yeah, because somebody drops a diamond there. And then I just start thinking about my own life and how how I can do this or that or the other. And then I'm like, well, I've just went through a colored page and not read them.
Speaker 3: I've been working on reading again to that something else I've been trying to do to combat my depression. Yeah, yeah, dude, I love I used to love reading, man, I kind of for gotten to wait from it because of being busy. You know, It's like we got a thousand excuses while we don't have time. Like reading to me is like a waste of thirty minutes to an hour of a day. I've only got twenty four of them. I'm sleeping freight.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you know.
Speaker 3: I'm just like really thinking my hours of the day through and reading doesn't fit in there. But I've been back reading and feeling really really good about it. And I also when I haven't read in a while and I'm scared a new book won't catch me, I'll go back to a classic that I know that I could read a thousand times. Yeah, like a quick read. Like for me, it's always a Mitch Album book like The Five People You Meet in Heaven or Tuesdays with Maury.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, I've never I haven't read that, man, listen, if you please.
Speaker 3: Say especially so, what's the Five People to The two books are called Mitch Album And if I suggest two books in life, these are the two, I shit you not the Five People You Meet in Heaven? And there's another book called Tuesdays with Maury. And these two books have changed the way I interact with human beings entirely, like entirely, and the way me and you represent the blue collar working man. The five people you Meet in Heaven is that bookook. It is like the most average dude that felt like he had no effect on life, that felt like he did nothing in life, and when he met the five People in Heaven, realized he had did a ton in life.
Speaker 2: And it's like, to me, that's such a powerful story.
Speaker 3: Because like when I'm reading it, I'm like, I don't think this dude could be any more average, and they paint.
Speaker 2: Him that way. They pain him it was just like an average dude, but like how much of an impact he actually had on life.
Speaker 3: And these are quick reads. They're like two hundred and something pages. By the way, They're like, Dude, I read Tuesdays with Better again recently. I read Tuesdays with More again recently, and I read it in a day.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: I had a Saturday. I was like, it's college football day, I'll just read a little bit, and literally was just ended up like listening to the game in the other room, and just like mowing through Tuesdays with More. It was like the seventh time I've read it.
Speaker 1: The best feeling you have too, like when you take time to read, is you realize when you're done reading, like there's nothing you were missing out on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when you take a whole Saturday to read a book.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, because that book meants it. And even though I've read it meant so much to him, it didn't change the fact that I don't know how to say Linguina's right, but good call back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It was it was you know, it's dude, It's Chicken Soup for the soul. Another good series to read, Chicken Suit. Oh yeah, man, they're good too. Do you ever uh, do you ever do therapy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I had a therapist for the longest man and he helped me a lot. And I haven't seen him in about six months, and I contribute some of that to it too. And uh, he's unable to do zoom calls and I'm unable to go to where he's at. So we've had like a really weird thing and it hurts my heart because he's my guy. Yeah, I don't think I'm allowed to say his name. I'd like to, I'd like to call him out of his shit. Like to make time for me. Fucker put me on zoom because he is. He was like the you know what, he's the first therapist I ever had that like crusted me. It was like he was like, just fucking stop. He's like, you're fucking full of shit right now. And I was like, you're right, just kind of feeding you aligne here to get through this session. He was like, yeah, man, stop that ship. Just leave if you're gonna do that, I don't get I don't care about the hundred some bucks. Damn big old Memphis dude gangster. I was like, fuck, yeah, man, you're my huckle bearer, but I men, I'm coming every week.
Speaker 2: If you'll let me. And I just like where his office is located and where my business is. It's like, I know, it goes back to to make time thing. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's just you know, yeah, because my wife and I like we do our couples therapy and stuff, and I'm just a huge fan. And we're doing the premirital counseling up until we got married and then we we uh uh switch it to like every other week and just do like ongoing therapy. No, we haven't got to talk about this bubb buck. Congratulations, what a dude that hit the jackpot. You just get married, go on this honeymoon, like proclaiming you're gonna have a kid, and you end up having a swimmer.
Speaker 2: You had one, go all the way thing. It's like a textbooks. It's like some ship you think, like staged, you know what. Love of attraction. Boy, it was spoken to existence like I think every post you were like going to have a baby down and I was like, this is getting weird. She was pregnant. I was likely.
Speaker 1: He said, it's getting weird, Like that's funny, dude, Thank you, dude, thank you.
Speaker 2: We're excited. Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, March twenty seventh is like the due date. So it happened literally the week of the honeymoon.
Speaker 2: That is fucking nuts. Yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like every time I've ever tried to have a kid it didn't work, and every time I tried not too, I got one.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like I got the opposite story of yeah you always yeah, you always feel too like uh you know, and I know I was out there talking about it like you know, mess around though, speaking to existing thing, and then when you do have one, you're like also.
Speaker 1: Cautious because you know people are actually trying to have them, and not to make too much light of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird back proud of that swimmer dollar. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: I hope she's good man. It's a baby girl too, she's smart. Yeah, listen, volleyball.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping soccer. I got a boy and a girl, and they were I treated them.
Speaker 3: I realized that the father and us will instinctively treat them different. And I didn't realize this until this happened. I might have talked about this. I don't think I did it on this podcast. But my daughter, the first time she fell, I remember vividly picking her up, kissing the boo boo, talking her through it, just being like they're gonna be okay, don't cry, relax, get in through the nose, out to the moon. Happened, You'll fall in life, You get back up, go play. Trust me that this is a you'll This lesson applies to life. She's thank you, Daddy, and she cries a little bit and goes and runs off. The first time my son fell, I said, get your ass up. I said, don't fucking cry. You buty, hey, don't do don't I'll disown you. Motherfucker. Get up there, run along. And it was just instinctively, and that's wrong, but it was like that was my instinct. With my son, I was like, hold on, don't be no pussy now. And with my daughter's like, whoo, breathe easy, baby, it's okay to cry a little bit, but you got to get back on the sound. But dude, I was like, man, I'll kick you. You start crying right now in front?
Speaker 2: Has that changed as you identified that? No, No, I'm still hard on him. Listen, listen.
Speaker 3: He's got his mother softens him up enough. Somebody needs to make sure he's all right. Yeah what I'm saying, But no, he's I mean, I try to go less hard on him, but it's just it's just the way I.
Speaker 2: Try to go less hard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The way I communicate with him is totally different, though, right when I'm being like conscious of it, it's like you're still like, you know, it's like you it's like the boys. It's like you're talking to your little dude man. So it's like a little different. Like I still hug him and love on him like I do Bailey, but I also punch him in the arm.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's like I don't think about it, you know what I mean? You just walk back and what's up? Bubba? You know him in arm I'd never punched Bailey in arm one.
Speaker 3: Bailey's crazy. She punched me back. She's thirteen and wild. But it's like, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, man, it's a different thing. You're gonna love it though, that You're gonna make a great dad. I hope so, man, girl dad gang I know, girl, dad gang Bro. I know you want to hit this cross Country mortgageine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, yeah, for sure. I've never got to see it from this angle, Yeah, bab.
Speaker 3: Cross Country Mortgage is much like us at Barstool, a people first group of people. Yes, they are dedicated to the fundamentals of mortgage lending, which results in fast, convenient, less stressful home financing and a refinancing experience. Listen to me, y'all. The rates are unbelievably low. Don't pay the bank to tell you anything. They don't need to. Our friends over at cross Country Mortgage make it super simple to figure out how much you can save on a monthly basis and over the life of your loan. The numbers be staggering. The numbers can be staggering. I said, the numbers be staggering because I'm from South Nashville, and you don't know how much you can save unless you talk to an expert and figure it out. Click here, swipe up, do whatever you gotta do. I think it's a click here now to learn more about the refinance and connect with your team over at the Cross Country Mortgage who will make the process painless and as simple as possible to help you get money in your pocket so you can do the things with it that you like. Example, go to the big game, baby. Yeah, we're big on games over here. Buzzing boys. The rates are at all time low. They may never be this low again. That's literal, y'all. These are big facts right here. The rates are an all time low. They may never be this low again. Call today for a fast, free rate quote. Our partners will save you a ton of money. Call today at our friends at cross Country Mortgage. Cross Country Mortgage again. I'm gonna say it again because that's who's paying for the advertising. You can't forget the name, and you will have a free home evaluation that's free just for calling. If you look like a star athlete. Cross Country Mortgage pushes through the entire lending process with blocks and they'll help you figure out and get the ball over the line. Don't miss the winder. These rates are expected to creep up. Reach out the winder. Reach out to them and see what you can do and when you can connect with the cross Country Mortgage team and tell them that barstools sence you listen, y'all go to CrossCountry Mortgage dot com forward slash barstool to learn more about the future home buying experience and refinance of.
Speaker 2: Your current mortgage.
Speaker 3: Cross Country Mortgage LLS see with a bunch of numbers I don't understand and underwriting approval or something about some legal thing I'm supposed to read that.
Speaker 1: Cross Country Mortgage LLC and MLS three zero two nine all loone subject to underwriting approval www dot n MLS Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: That was a phenomenal rejail. Thank you man. Until the end what you understood and I didn't what you know? What that reminded me of. It was like when you give this great ad.
Speaker 3: And it's like also make calls as when you started doing that, you may die.
Speaker 2: It was like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: I know we messed that up one time because I kind of said something similar like I don't even know what all that means, and then that we gotta we got nipped the next week, like, hey, can't you gotta read that last part. You can mess with any other part of the read, but you can't mess up that last don't fuck up the legal parts. Son, all right, we got some This is tough. This is tough because I'll tell you why this pot is tough on me right now, because I love kind of talking about what we've been talking about.
Speaker 3: We got current events stuff we want to hit. It's a Halloween podcast. Uh did you see Halloween yet?
Speaker 2: I saw it?
Speaker 1: Hang on, I don't want to go there yet because I have I have like I have like kind of a one last question, like I kind of want to stay in that conversation for a second because I'm interested. When I saw you tweet that I saw Ernest get on it too, and you talk about depression being real, which I'm one on board with. Do you like my first question?
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's clinical depression like a big like a huge real thing. I know that sounds ignorant to ask, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like I'm looking at you guys too, like you guys would know as well.
Speaker 3: I would believe. I would believe, So how's that doing on the mic battle way? I would believe?
Speaker 2: So, like is that what are you? Are you diagnosed clinically depressed?
Speaker 3: Or you go up and down like you have like not the like for lack of my own knowledge, like bipolar to where you just go up and down.
Speaker 2: You're writing some roller coaster. I think I'm upse so I'm more of an up and down guy. My mother is.
Speaker 3: Back in the day they call it manic depression and they've since called it bipolar. My mother battled depression my whole life. So I also when I talk to my therapists sometimes wonder if that's the root, because sometimes we mimic what we know and it's like, that's what I knew. I'll give an example, and this is like crazy personal and I joke about it a lot, but it's real. I can count the number of times on one hand as a child I seen my mother dressed and outside of the house, damn.
Speaker 2: On one hand.
Speaker 3: On one hand, I can count how many times I seen her dressed and out of our front door, and sadly, one of those times whenever I was sixteen and a half seventeen years old and getting charges an adult and juvenile and she had to come to court.
Speaker 2: Just because of this, just an in depression.
Speaker 3: I've seen her get out more in the last five years than I did the first thirty years of my life.
Speaker 2: Jesus man, you know.
Speaker 3: And it was like ingrained in her, like she was extremely depressed. Like getting her outside of the house is one thing. It was like months on end, I wouldn't see her outside of her bedroom. I would literally have to go to her bedroom to where she would hold court. Like she just did not get out of the house.
Speaker 1: That's probably hard to see two growing up, like, well, you know your mom and somebody you really look up.
Speaker 2: To us to see her. Yeah, that's my mom, dude, you know what I mean. It's like she was. And that's why I told you the story about the Bete Midler Rose. Yeah, it was like she was.
Speaker 3: She dealt with her depression through entertainment as well, Like she would sit at that kitchen table when she would come out of that room and smoke a cigarette and listen to music and close her eyes and just she wasn't there. And I was like, I want to make music like that. I want to do that, like I want to help the way because the doctors couldn't seem to help her. She took all these pills, it didn't change nothing. She'd go to the she went to the the psychiatric hospital a couple of times, didn't never never came back a changed woman. But music was something I could clearly see change her. This is like, this is like maybe the deepest I've ever got on the podcast. But music was something I seen change the way she dealt with her emotions. Right, So I was like, well, that's so like maybe I would have been a doctor if the psychologist would have helped, right, maybe I would have been like, you know, I want to do that, oh help that way, you know. But music was the way I seen it help. So I was like, Okay, well this is maybe this is what I can do that. Maybe music can help, you know. It taught me how therapeutic music was. So I think that it's like with me, my depression just kind of has always been a I'm either real manic or real low. I have an extreme personality. Will like in general, people who meet me after seeing first of all, barstool Bustling with the Boys specifically one of the greatest fan bases on earth. The amount of times I see people in public that stopped me and go seeing you on Busting is insane. Congratulations to what you and Taylor and the boys built, dead ass, But it's like, what was.
Speaker 1: I saying before that, I'm high you were talking about, Uh, you're talking about your your mom's depression and how you saw the music change it, and then you were starting to talk about yourself the way you deal with your pressions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it's manic sometimes, so it's like back to my extreme personalities.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, But I think the reason I thought about that was because they're like always cheering for me, and they're like, because we're deep on the podcast, sometimes they ask real pointed questions and man, how are you doing with that?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: You know, but it's like the like I deal with things and extreme measures.
Speaker 3: Like somebody I said that too about them boys, because when they meet me out, they're like, Damn, you're exactly how you are on a podcast. Like you're radical life. You've been with me, like a lot of few of y'all now have been out with me. Like I'm kind of this way. This is who the fuck I am. It's not like, oh, turn it on, I'm getting on the butt, you know what I mean, or you know whatever. It's like, but I it's my extreme personality. The other side of that extreme personality is when I go to the house and just don't answer nobody's phone call for three weeks. You see what I'm saying, I'm either on or off in general, Like that's my thing. Like I'm either dieting and trying to lose weight and actively care about living, or I don't give a fuck if the plane crashes. You see what I'm saying. I'm either going out to get fucking absolutely shit faced, or I won't have a drink tonight. We're either gonna sit here and do an entire bag of cocaine together, or I'll pass. You know what I'm saying. Like, you know, it's like this is my personality in general, Right, I'll do this entire bag of coke, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like either we're gonna go and we're gonna sit here and rip little slugs and gator tails together. I'm not fucking doing no drugs tonight. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like that has been my personality forever, and I think it kind of coincides with my depression because I'm either like, let's go take over the world, Let's write music, let's go help people, Let's go do shows, let's go do this, let's vlog, let's go podcast, let's go do that, you know what I mean? Or I'm just like, no, I don't eve want to look at my phone this week, damn.
Speaker 2: And that's just kind of do you take anything for it? No, I'm afraid to.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to get too deep into that conversation because I don't judge people who do. And I want to be more educated before I speak on it, because somebody inevitably will light my ass up right now.
Speaker 2: Right, That's all.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there, nervous even bringing up all that stuff because I don't want to disrespect anybody.
Speaker 3: I want to get educated on it. But my mother my example of it. I never seen a difference, and I have other examples in my family who have followed my mother's footsteps that I don't want to say their name because I don't want to put them on fright Street like that. But I've got real siblings who are just like she was that I love to death and talk to all the time that are just like I can't figure out how to get out of this funk, and I go to their house nap, you know, twenty five pills on the counter. So it's like for me, it's more like talking, communicating coming out here and doing this. You text me like, yo, man, can we get into the depression today? I was like, yeah, I actually feel so much better talking about it, to be honest with you, having stuff like this and last night Joe Rogan and Chappelle get me out of it. You know, It's like it's like it's like purpose driven. All of a sudden, It's like, Okay, I got to get up and you know, like this is deeper than myself. I got to get up and get dressed and go do something like I go, maybe somebody out there watching this is like man, I needed to hear that, you know what I'm saying, Like it becomes purpose driven, and for me, it's like if you leave it up, like I live for my family, I live for people. My wife calls me her little Robin Williams. I make everybody happy but myself, right, But it's like that's my purpose.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: If it was left to Jason by himself, I would have already died. I would have already overdosed. If I didn't live for other people, if you had to count on how my what I find in my self.
Speaker 2: Worth, Oh, I'd already. I'd already this thing would have been over. That's real. Yeah, I definitely wanted to.
Speaker 1: I asked you that too, because I like, I'm comfortable enough with you to ask about it, because there's a lot like I just don't know about that world that much, and so when you're open and talking about it like you have a few times on the pod, I was like, Hey, I want it because you had a recent that you had the recent post of like depressions real, and you just you're just curious, like what that looks like when you start to slide down and when you start to come up out of it, because yeah, anybody listening and watching you just never know how you can your story can help people because you're open about talking about it. Like literally we were at we were at the tailgate yesterday and this counselor came up and it was just so stoked that we talk about therapy and mental mental health on the podcast and she's like, it makes me so happy because she's like, hey, I'm one of your female listeners. I'm like, oh, one of five, it's nice to meet you. We're joking around, but uh yeah, she brings that stuff up.
Speaker 2: So it's like I have that that.
Speaker 3: I think it means a lot coming from y'all too, though, because like, even though you might not experience it, being open to communicate about it makes it cool for that. Like I don't want to say jocks, but like there's a stigma that comes with guys like you, no doubt, just like he's not you know, he probably they don't deal with it like.
Speaker 2: We would have.
Speaker 3: One would assume that not only do you, like, not only you would be like, depression isn't fucking get over it? You know football, you know what I'm saying, It's like join the program, you know what I'm saying, Like you know, you know it's like but that's not how you look at it. You are fascinated, Like, yo, I don't deal with it, but I understand the reality of it, how does it work?
Speaker 2: And that's cool because I think it makes it.
Speaker 3: Guys like y'all being open up to it and having conversations with guys like me is such a far cry from what it was like when we were kids. Even having this conversation would be like fucking absolutely not right, you know what I mean, Like, like list of these pussies on there, Yeah, exactly, you know what I mean, that fucking puss he's on there talking about this fucking fake shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. For get over it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like, but now it's like a real conversation and that's cool man. Oh yeah, that's that's gonna help so many people to open up about it because it's never a cry for help, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like that's something else. When I posted that, I was like, it's never a cry for one. Yeah, it's like you never want that.
Speaker 3: I just I feel like I owe people honesty, you know, and when I'm clearly not active, you know what I'm saying, Like and like I'm in like one of the biggest parts of my career ever, it would like fancy me a lot to be active right now.
Speaker 2: Like I wish I had the courage to post more. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I wish I felt confident enough to post more and I wasn't low sometimes because I mean, it would do nothing but help me right now, right because like the way the music's going, it's like, so when I'm not active, I'm like, I just feel like this honesty, and I also feel like it's important. Like I posted a picture the other day of me coming off stage and I was clearly twisted. I don't know if you've seen the picture that I posted. This picture it's top five worst pictures of me ever, and I posted it saying, this picture is not flattering for me. It makes me look like I didn't lose twenty five pounds thirty right, And I'm like, but it was there. It is the one with the cup. Yeah, it's like, just look at how horrible this picture is, right, But it's like it was real.
Speaker 2: I just walked off stage like this spotobera shirt was fucking drunk. Yeah right, I was on a shirt baby fuck yeah, fuck busts more. I'm on the But it's like, to me, I wanted to post that picture because it was like real. I wanted to post something that was like a picture that you I wanted to intentionally post a picture that I wouldn't have posted, right. But I was just like, oh man, this was a real moment though. I was really coming off stage in Detroit fucking feeling myself. I was drunk, I was on ten, and I was fucking ready to go out. You know what I'm saying to look at me, this horrible picture, you feel me? But I don't know, man, It was like, I want to be more intentional about posting the real shit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I think people people get into it, like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's good because you are having a lot of success with like your new album and like all your new music coming out and everything else, and you are seeing as somebody who's ascending, right, And so when you talk about depression, when you talk about like intentionally wanting to post stuff, especially when you have anxieties and deal with like, you know, whether we all want to admit or not, we all deal with like how we are perceived a lot of the times because of this made up world that we live in with social media, and it's it's cool to see somebody like you do that stuff. Because you're showing like the actual human side of everybody. So when somebody is watching and looking at it, they're like, you know, he's not somebody who just posts all the glamor all to where it looks like his life is just perfect all the time. This is somebody who struggles because a lot, like you said, a lot of athletes and a lot of players are now talking about mental health and stuff that they struggle with because we are all.
Speaker 2: Human beings, like we all get the spots. We're making certain choices right And for me.
Speaker 1: Personally, I'm always fast, not fascinated, like all this is awesome, but like I'm always very curious about like where it starts to go a little sideways or left for somebody like you, like I see you as a friend and stuff. So when you're tweeting and stuff like that, like your immediate thing is like, hey, how you know, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like how's everything going? How you know?
Speaker 1: Is there anything anybody can do? But you just never know with somebody how they want to reciprocate that. But I think it's dope that you do that, because again a lot of people struggle with shit, whether they're successful or not.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It makes it real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, it has no uh, it has no discrimination. Mental health has no discrimination. Man, I've seen I've seen it hit every color, race, denomination, you know. Even it's just it's just real. It's just something I think. I think everybody's dealt with it in some weird way in their own way. And I think people just work their way out of their funk better and some people are just better at coping.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like I just don't I'm learning. I think a lot of it for me is finding I said this to you a minute ago and didn't realize it was like an epiphany when you ever said something that you half thought about and was like, that's real. Like it's self worth for me. I think I think sometimes I don't find value in self right. It's like I found value in what I do, but not who I am. You know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, like, and I think that sometimes.
Speaker 2: That causes it. I just really like you were a therapist for me right now.
Speaker 3: Like I thought about that when I said that to you, When I was like, yeah, I was up to my own self worth, I'd already died. I'd fucking probably overdosed on drugs. It's just lack of caring, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: And at that moment, I was like, that's real. I find a lot of worth in what I do, not who I am, you know what I mean? And that's a fucked up thing. It's like the identity thing. You've ever been to a bar, and like the male thing is the first thing when we meet another male? First question we asked, what's the first question you asked?
Speaker 2: Male? Right, just meet each other, just at a bar, having here. What's something? I'm will, Hay, I'm jelly. What do you do? What do you do for a living? That's where we find our identity, right, we immediately find our identity and what we do for work.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I think that's some real male shait, because girls don't do that. They immediately compliment each other. I fucking love your hair, that lip gloss?
Speaker 2: Fire?
Speaker 3: Where'd you get them shoes? That's immediately what they do, not dudes, what do you do for a living? First question we ask each other?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah, No, you're right, that's wow. I'm like everybody. I feel like everybody sitting there and I'm just I'm immediately going to like my myself. Yeah, it's crazy. I'm glad to make you laugh at that.
Speaker 1: I'm like sitting here like, oh shit, I need to come up with I'm sitting here thinking like I mean, he's dropping some real not like I'm like listening to him, and then he just stops and he's looking and I'm like, that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: It's real. No, it's like it's real though, It's just you know, And I think I want to focus more moving forward on.
Speaker 3: Trying to find identity. Outside of that, I wish we'd focus more on what makes each other happy. Yeah, I wish that was the question you're happy? Because even when I ask people are they married? The second question I asked them, are you happy? Funk, We're all married, but are you happy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, jokes are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah. No, it's it's a deep thing.
Speaker 3: It's like what makes you know, Like, I think that's the conversations that I enjoy having at bars, which is my favorite place to have conversation at bars? Yeah, you know, Like, dude, one of the greatest things I've ever experienced in life is traveling, is just pulling up to random bars and talking to the person you would never think you'd ever have a conversation with, and just something about the common bond theory of being in that bar together. Yeah, immediately, it's like, let's do it, and you'll just find yourself talking to the coolest people on earth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I've heard the coolest stories of airport bars are always fun, you know, when you got like a three hour layover and just find some old man or something.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, Jack's big on the the airport beers bloss or somebody back there. Yeah, say it's God tear dude.
Speaker 2: They make flying way easier man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Shall we turn the energy around? Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: One more link I'll send you to is Awareness by Anthony Demolo, because when you were saying the identity thing, uh. In that book and Awareness, it just talks about like all of our the awareness that we have as an individual of how we're literally tied to we're tied to labels and identities, and that's what was making me think and kind of just sit there like, oh.
Speaker 2: Damn, please send that to you. Yeah, well please, anything you can send like that, believe it or not. I'm like, I want to read it. I want to watch it, you want to wear it.
Speaker 1: Overloaded because we have the best boots on the planet. It's Moctober, it's Spooktober, and Georgia Boot is celebrating just like we are, the world's most comfortable mock toe boots ever. Georgia Boot is America's hardest working boot. In For over eighty years, Georgia's been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, tough enough for the road when you're on the tour bus, cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super cool, super super good looking, and super comfortable boots, so comfortable you never want to take them. Boys off Jelly and I like looking good and even when we're working, these boots are going to do just that. And they don't sacrifice comfort or style. Think of the comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed.
Speaker 2: Into a great looking boot.
Speaker 1: Every time I wear these boots, the boys are always asking JACKSONI comp kind of get a pair of Can you please give me something more than this free internship. I'm like Jackie Boo, I got you, big dog. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around. You need a waterproof boot, steal toe, soft toe, square toe, met garden, non puncture shank, non slip sole.
Speaker 2: They've got it all.
Speaker 1: Head over to georgiaboot dot com use code busting bussi in for a generous, generous twenty percent off from the Boys to you. Holiday season is coming up. Treat your people you love right with some Georgia boots by early.
Speaker 2: Are you a boot guy?
Speaker 3: I love Georgia bot Listen, I'm a boot guy. I think I've told you before. I've wore a lot of Georgia boots. I tell people all the time, the most comfortable shoe you'll ever have in life. This is not an ad.
Speaker 2: This is real. Shit is if you can.
Speaker 3: Break a pair of boots in, breaking on man, painting the twat, it's a fucking dick kicker.
Speaker 2: It is hard. But once I'm telling you, but once you break them boots in, dude, man, I got a pair of boots dog I've had for like six years.
Speaker 3: If I know I'm gonna walk a lot and I need to look decent, so they're gonna put on my hookahs, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I was like, all right, because if I want to walk a lot, I'm put on my my my, my, my hospital shoes, my hokas, you know what. But if I want to look cool, boots. My wife's like, are you really gonna wear boots? I'm like, bits, these things are comfortable. I was like, these things are awesome. Why haven't you worn them to the tailgate yet?
Speaker 2: Yo? Listen, what's the deal with the tailgate? You haven't showed up yet? Can we have one game that's not at noon?
Speaker 4: You know what we have?
Speaker 2: See we've had?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget your alarm goes off thirty minutes before that.
Speaker 3: Woke up in this fucking like halftime Sunday. It's like, and the score we were doing so well. I was afraid to watch the game because I thought, you know, you have to get superstitious about football. I was like, we're just doing good. Because I'm not watching it. I was like, I'm gonna listen to it on the radio instead, and I did. I listened to those sick I would not turn the TV on. Also, as a Titan fan, I fear when we come out that strong because we're like a building team, so like anytime we've ever came on strong, I'm like, we're gonna blow it.
Speaker 2: We're blow this in the second half, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like anytime we start and kind of get our ass kicked the first half, I'm like, we're gonna rally.
Speaker 2: That's what the fuck we do. We're taking it over time and when to the fuck we are? We are Titans. Yeah, when we come out really swamping shit, I'm like, eh, oh, I was this good? Go south fast?
Speaker 1: I know, especially when Mahomes came back that when you're in the playoffs on Houston down what twenty one nothing or something like.
Speaker 2: That came back and everybody's kind of like, hey, oh, for sure, you just don't play with Mahomes. Man.
Speaker 3: So I was just like I was nervous, but yeah, man, once I promise, I want to come bad dude, you have no clue. I was like a cunt hair away from coming to see you in Knoxville.
Speaker 2: I was so close. You should have came.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: It was always electric, Oh dude. First of all, coolest thing ever in SEC football history was on trash in the field.
Speaker 2: Listen. I know it's an unpopular.
Speaker 1: Jelly is for sure, the type of stone mustard bottles here, let's look get good of them.
Speaker 3: Unpopular opinion, but I was like, that's about as East Tennessee as it gets. I was like, this is like, this is the most East Tennessee. You're proud? Ever, yes, fuck, I was proud. We were on national news for tearing our own ship up.
Speaker 2: How white trash is that? It wasn't like we dumped it on the old miss field. We fucked up our field. Like, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: J were on the home side on the field and like.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, it is the bad listen. Man. It's like, I know that's an unpopular.
Speaker 3: Opinion, right, but I love white trashery. It's like I'm a big fan of white trashery, like in any form or fashion. You know, like when somebody streaks at the super Bowl, I'm like, fuck, yeah, way to go, man.
Speaker 2: Like that that that falls under the category of white trash.
Speaker 3: It's like all anything that is just like as dirty as it can be. That's just like makes you feel like I like, it's like I like drugs that you can't control, like acid, Like you take it and you're like, I'm not a charge no more what I'm saying. So it's like I like shitting, he always know and jelly. He just keeps going, it's gonna end up a drug somewhere, and he had to say acid. But for me, it's like shit that makes you feel a little dirty, you know, like like when you listen to like a song that makes you feel like I shouldn't like this, or like you watch a movie it's like it's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 2: I dig this this much. You know you're into some weird shit. Yeah, you're in this. I'm just in the fuck shit. You're dirty, bess right.
Speaker 3: I'm like, like my wife is like where this is the like the balance of our beautiful relationships. She is like, I don't want to go anywhere there's a lot of people. I'm like, I only want to go places there's a lot of people. Like I like, if there's fifty thousand people somewhere rioting, even I would like to go spectate.
Speaker 2: I was like to be as close to that as possible. That it is funniest. So when they started throwing shit, I was like, fucking we should have went we blew it. You know, you'd had a great time with us. Then we weren't.
Speaker 3: Gatlinberg, Me and the whole family for fall break. Twenty six of us and my brother's a big U T fan, like has Smoky the dog tattooed on his arm.
Speaker 2: Dog. Twenty six of us in one cabin.
Speaker 3: We do it every year, one cabin. How big is the cabin? Hopefully I was like sixteen bedroom or something like that. Jesus, like the kids would bunk up and stuff. But yeah, we do two family vacations a year like that every year since my dad died.
Speaker 2: Do you have twenty six family members?
Speaker 3: Yeah, between brothers and sisters and nieces and now I got once again. My language was all grand nephews, grand nieces and nephews and it plays man Yeah, so great whatever greater or grand I think you can use either or But yeah, I mean yeah, when you look down the tree, it's like twenty six.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: Once they start bringing their.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend and then the boyfriend has a kid, and you know how shit goes, like when you start really packing in the tree of the family.
Speaker 2: I think it was twenty six of us for real, Jesus, any of them you don't know, and we were missing. Do you like meet people when you're on these slow family affairs? Only the plus ones? Hey, who are you on my arm? Your cousin?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no no, no, no, no, no, no, that happens all the time too, but no, this is like this is my immediate family.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I meet cousins and like the big family read it's like a two hundred of us, but we're big old white.
Speaker 2: Hey yeah yeah yeah, get that from there is some there's some treasury in Missouri. Did you see the video I sent you from that fan at Missouri? I text you like oh yeah yeah. You're like hey Bubba and you're like, fuck you, but this guy loves you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, sorry I was drunk, but listen, but I do love you and fuck you too. But he uh, it was just that was another example of the fucking tier ones dog. No I don't think it was in the meet and greet line and he was like fucking hat on his bus and hat and I was like, Will would love that. He's like, that's my boy. He's from Missouri's from right down the street. I was like, hold on, we're catching.
Speaker 2: Us right now, right down the street. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I met somebody at the tailgate from Potosi and I was like, oh, that's the Tift Digger country bro. That's you're getting into some family affairs over in Potosi. That's the when that took the photo.
Speaker 2: I'm in Missouri, baby, you know we're in your home state. So they did it for the boys.
Speaker 10: Baby, you motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I love you, but it just made it tickle me. Pink man, Doug. Oh, and we just missed each other in Nebraska, I know, we just fucking It's like it's gonna happen. How was the Lincoln How was the Lincoln trip? It was incredible, man, Yeah, it was really really cool. Man. It was a.
Speaker 3: You know, we were there a little somber in the city that day because of the obvious the loss, A little sad in the city. I went to Virginia's Cafe, which I always go eat at. Okay, yeah, it's been there for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the coolest part of this story is if you're really fromire with Virginia's Cafe, it's like a historic like breakfast spot right off campus kind of. And the lady Virginia is like eighty six years old that owned it started at fifty some sixty years ago. She was in there eating and I got to hang out with Virginia herself.
Speaker 2: Did you take a photo. No I did. I didn't bother with it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: She was kind of like on some don't fuck with me ship.
Speaker 3: But it's like, but the dude that was with there was a sweetheart, and her grandchildren all took pictures with me and ship.
Speaker 2: But she was she was very nice. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So she was so cool that we sat next to her and talked the whole time. And then her husband was like, this is Virginia. I was like, oh, payment's Virginia. She was like he was like, no, like Virginia. Like you're eating in Virginia.
Speaker 2: This is the cafe she started sixty something years ago. Like this place is fucking fire. And she was like, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: My grandkids said you're famous or something. I was like, only to certain demographics, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, on only the East Tennessee. Only in trailer parks and apartment complex and section eight based on income housings across America, and the cooks in the back, Yeah, you have to cook the collar people. Baby, what do we got next? Washington football team lost to the Packers.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, there's a lot of bad stuff going on with the Washington football team for them.
Speaker 2: I didn't play for the Washington football team.
Speaker 1: I played for the Washington and you can bleep it out when I said so that way we you know it's a kid show.
Speaker 2: This is a kid show. I can't believe Cleveland buckled. I can't believe they're changing the name of the Indians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who else is doing that too? Are the Chiefs changing their name? Are the Braves. I'm gonna tell you something about Kansas City and Missouri.
Speaker 8: You know this.
Speaker 2: I think they would trip. I think they're good people of Missouri.
Speaker 1: But I thought Cleveland a lot of good people in Missouri. Let's be clear about that, A lot of good people in Missouri saying, man, I just if there's one play, I mean Arrowhead Stadium, you know how much they'd have to do a complete rebrand.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't see it happening. I don't see that. I don't think the people I know in Kansas City would fucking trip. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: One another team that's five and two, The Las Vegas Raiders. Dude, the boys are fucking rolling right now. Do you keep up with the Raiders at all? My wife is a Raiders fan. She's she grew up in Vegas, So you know, dude, the dog has a Raiders jersey. It infuriates me, dude. The Raiders are fucking rolling with the stuff that came out with Grooden the other week, and how they've been playing.
Speaker 2: For coach Pasatia.
Speaker 1: Two w's in a row, like the boys are fucking The boys are rolling Max Cross, he's balling Derek Carr, all of them day one without Darren Waller. Basachi's doing social media now, which you'll never see. I'm sure they'll have to have, you know, they'll probably have to have a little group meeting with him about drinking the kool aid and letting success reduce him.
Speaker 3: But let's stop here and talk a little little bit of your expertise here. What's happening in that locker room right now with the Raiders. Tell me to give me the like you're a pit like everything the coach went through, the coach steps down. Suddenly you're on fucking fire as an organization. Not saying the new coach isn't doing a great job, but we know that the root of these boys winning is what's happened in that locker room, the boys coming together right what's happening So and.
Speaker 1: I'm not and I'm not just I'm truly not just saying this coach Basatia, there's not I want to say. Derek Carr had a quote too, like there's not a better, Like he has every every eyeball and ear in that locker room, like ready to essentially die for that man like that, dude rallies the fucking troops.
Speaker 3: He's he was a special teams coach. He's always been a special teams coach, so he coaches both offensive.
Speaker 1: And defensive guys. When I was there, dude, like the respect that this man has is crazy. Best speech giver in all the land. Dude hits you anytime he sees you in Gretcha.
Speaker 2: He's hitting you on He's sitting you on the left side of your chest because.
Speaker 1: He wants to feel your heart, is what he says. He's as real as it fucking gets. And I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: He has the ear, the ear of the locker room. He has the pulse, he has the heartbeat, and he's our leader. We would love for him to still be our head coach for the future. And that's not like he's not feeding a company line, right, He's not feeding a company a company line. Basachi was also the assistant head coach, like wal Gruden was the head coach there. So he's like, you know, as far as how the dudes were in the locker room when all that stuff went down. When coach Massaga comes up and stands in the sands in the team meeting room, all the boys I know were like dialed in, like ready to go because he's got the right stuff to say, like he's he's huge on leaders leadership, one of the best lead I've been around when it comes to like being a leader over a group of players, because you know, you have some coaches like you kind of just sit there and you hear them saying their spiel and you're kind of like, I know, this guy isn't like what he's sitting here preaching to be besides, is about that life.
Speaker 2: And I am a huge pasata guy. I stand him. Fucking uh. But the Raiders are in good hands.
Speaker 3: So but tell me about the conversation with the boys before the coach gets in the locker room, because there's a moment where the inmates can choose to run the asylum that they're in there together and they're having a moment. It's like so our coach is in trouble and he's out of here. There's a moment before the coach of the I can't say I coach. So there's a thing before coach walks in right where the boys are in there talking and this is something only you could have a pulse of what it would even feel like watch that moment.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, like when that stuff would go down.
Speaker 3: I mean, if somebody there going, yo, man, we trust this guy, like they had a unanimous talk, right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to say, Like there's no they're the only blink that was happening was like damn all this shit, like this is all the studd that's leaking out from all these emails, Like that's fucking wild, right from all this stuff with coach Gruden. But as far as like transitioning to the next guy, he's already this the assistant head coach s So it's more of like you can't wait to be in the room to see what he says in the team meeting. But as far as guys questioning, there's zero There was probably zero doubt when going into the next team meeting as far as like we know we're gonna have to do, we know what coach Pisaki is gonna be preaching immediately, the boys are like, you know, probably lock the fucking doors, dial in, focus up, keep it all about the team, uh, and play for each other.
Speaker 2: And that's what those dudes are doing right now. Like and when I text, like when I.
Speaker 1: Text Max, when I'm texting Alec, like when I'm texting those boys and saying, let's fucking go, like after they win, I'm like, yeah, I bet it's so hype fucking with coach pasacis at the helm and they they're all about it.
Speaker 2: Dude, everybody trust that dude.
Speaker 3: The reason I asked is what the boys were doing in their locker room is because I'm a huge you know, I'm a huge fan and every week they do a clip on Instagram now, which is so cool for me. Of it's normally Kevin Byer, right, it's normally KB like talking to the secondary and he's like giving like this like a little war cry right before the game, and I'm like, you know, you always hear about, oh this boy is a leader in the locker room. You hear about in the wrestling, right, like professional wrestling, when they're like the Undertaker was a leader in the locker room, or this is what happened with Vince wasn't in the locker room, and these are their conversations. So I'm always anxious to know what's happening with players, like the psychology when they're getting together and people are clearly rallying the troops and going, look, we're gonna get through this. This isn't this isn't life changing for US coach Pistaccio, it's fucking great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say this, So majority of other locker rooms, I could probably I could confidently say most of the locker rooms if their head coach goes out the way Coach Gruden went out, a lot of the guys are probably like, let's start playing for New Year's right, you know what I mean, Like, Okay, let's get through the rest of this year type of thing. And you know it's showing now. But I'm telling you that dude has the most respect in the world.
Speaker 2: You fuck with him heavy, No, dude, listen, I love everything about it, man.
Speaker 3: I just I'm just I just think it was cool for them to what a fucking story yeah, you know what I mean, Like just I just couldn't imagine. I just try to imagine what that locker room's like, what the phone calls between players are like when they're doing that real how the sausages made conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shit, will never know.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like those movie scenes, especially like with the Raiders, Like the way all the boys are feeling it was I envision.
Speaker 3: I would love to see that coach coming in, having you talking about movie scenes, him coming in and having that first conversation with the dam Yeah, addressing the team.
Speaker 2: Have you you guys?
Speaker 1: Did you guys see that clip by posted on my story not too long ago when he was at Dallas on Hard Knocks Juicy?
Speaker 2: Can we play that? Are we able to find that at all? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you type in Yeah, you probably type in Bisachia hard Knocks speech or something like that. Dude, this will give you a glimpse of what.
Speaker 2: This man's like.
Speaker 3: The one time I did have a speech. While they're looking this up, I'll tell you this story. We were doing this big show in Kansas City and I was like, we have Travis o'gwenn was coming from Strange Music. Yeah, and they were trying to sign me up to do Red Rocks with Tech nine and to do the Tech nine tour, and I was like, listen, y'all, we're in Travis O'gwenn City. This dude is the biggest independent CEO and independent rap music history. Keep the fucking green room clean. Do not get in no trouble tonight. Don't scream, don't be weird. We need to be on our best behavior if we're going to get this show of Red Rocks. Right yeah, I have this like heartfelt talk. Only time I've ever done this in my life, the only time I've ever gave my crew a list of rules, right yeah. As soon as the show's over, we get in a brawl in the casino lobby, a barral. I'm talking about like two of my dudes go to jail. I get cuffed, like they searched the bike. It just it couldn't have went worse right ever, Since then, I was like, I'll never give y'all again. Burn ship down, this fight. I don't give a fuck, do whatever, because when I had that approach, nothing bad ever happened.
Speaker 2: One night.
Speaker 3: I need on our best behavior. We ended up in like four fucking criminal cases. It was horrible, like, yeah, I'll never do that again. This is a very not going to give speeches. I'm gonna post a casino clip one you want me trying to search something, Alex. Yeah, I know exactly what I want to say. It was on when I shared it. Somebody had put it on like a TikTok or something. Yeah, this is coming out this week, right, Yeah, Wednesday, November the ninth, I make my Grand Old Opry debut.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking know, dude. And in fact, if you'll send me this clip, this is how I'm gonna announce it. Thank y'all.
Speaker 3: The clip of me getting invited to the Rhymen, which was another the Grand Old Opery, which was another one that I was scared to post because I ugly cried. I thought it was too vulnerable. The clip went, the clip went viral, and I was already invited. But I can honestly say because of y'all, because of y'all sharing the clip the way you did, they rushed me to have my debut. Normally, my debut wouldn't have been for months and months and months, But because of y'all, Thank y'all, Our our Grand Old Oppery jelly Roll November the ninth. You get the boys gonna be there, y'all better you better come, dude. This is big, dude, we better go.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It was dude. I was scared to post it.
Speaker 3: I was so like vulnerable and it was such a genuine I posted it five days afterwards. I kept watching it and I was like, should I post it? My wife was like yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know, man. I was like, you know, Internet's mean.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like I could just see somebody clipping me, crying and going when they run out of Hamburger's and McDonald's.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Just like I don't want to This is like serious for me.
Speaker 1: We found the clip, get your headphones on. Figure it out, hey, man, figure it the fuck out. I'm so glad we don't use headphones to do this podcast.
Speaker 2: I know as soon as I put them, mom, I'm like, what, don't tell you good.
Speaker 8: There's three things in life. I don't give a fuck how much money you make, you cannot buy them. The first thing is your fucking health. I know you guys want to a lot of shit to get ready for tonight, To get ready for tomorrow.
Speaker 10: It needs to be fucking respected. You can't buy your health.
Speaker 8: The second one is love, but you better love what you do with us. You don't really want to get up in the morning to do it. And you better love who you're around it. You don't fucking want to be around them, whether it's in your house or it's in your locker room. And then the last one is time. How many years with fifteen? How many years olp thirteen? It's moving fast? Now?
Speaker 10: The time is moving fast? How many years Zach Martin?
Speaker 8: Work?
Speaker 10: We won a championship? Yet?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 10: You want one yet?
Speaker 8: With no?
Speaker 10: It's fucking moving. The time is moving How many years? Orlando?
Speaker 8: The time is moving like that? Stand still for fucking know one? Well, you know what you got tomorrow. You got a chance and an opportunity play fucking game to do what you love to do.
Speaker 2: And somehow, some way, you.
Speaker 10: Got yourself healthy enough to play in the fucking game.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 10: You play this game. It's a grind, it's hard. You gotta love every second it or get the fuck out, Get the fuck out and don't do it. I can't wait to see y'all play.
Speaker 3: God, dude, how that makes me feel dude, Dude, listen, I'll tell you what I wish. One thing money could buys a speech from him. Everymore it seemed like a fucking fifteen second clip and the more like, get up, jelly Rold, goddamn it, you can do it, motherfucker.
Speaker 8: This is it.
Speaker 3: You can't buy that, you know, fucking that shit was. I see why the boys love him. Yeah, it takes like a you know a lot of times.
Speaker 1: See like you got a bunch of grown mens in in the room, right, And you can tell sometimes when some coaches force some speeches and things and you kind of just sit there like you start to like you're reading the book, you start thinking about something else. The way you were sitting there watching that probably dialed into what every word he was saying, Like that's the amount of respect that that dude has.
Speaker 3: Oh literally, I think there was a lot of it I liked, and it was only a quick clip. But when he said how many years such and such? He said, four years you got a championship? Yet no, he said, it's moving. At that moment, it was like, holy shit, like it just in my business. It hit me whenever I was looking like it is moving like I got, you know, like I don't know, dude.
Speaker 1: It was saying fifteen years, thirteen, ten, ten four, the ten year overnight success story, man, that's what they call it. Our business made me think. Juicy Boys made me think about it.
Speaker 2: The uh.
Speaker 3: I never ever fantasized or romanticized or visualized even tried to manifest certain things because I thought they were out of reach. And this was the first year of my life. I was like, I want to sing at the Grammys, Like literally, this was the year. Like to me, it was so far fasted. I never even dreamed it before. But I'm like, no, I want to. I want to sing at the Grammys, like I want to go to the CMA's next year, and I want to walk the red carpet.
Speaker 2: I want to start littering my office with awards.
Speaker 3: Like I I desire that. I never desired it before, you know what I mean. But it's like I think that it's I think that it's time and it's what I want. And it's like when when you're talking about sending me some of this motivational shit, I'm like, I need it, man. I'm ready to get off my ass. I'm ready to fucking I'm ready to lose like one hundred and some pounds. I'm ready to fucking start wearing a sock on my cock and do it in the helicopter when I get out of the shower. I'm ready to fucking start fucking winning awards. I'm ready to start sucking.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'm ready to start trying to hold it in the sock.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get after a dog. I'm trying to you know, I'm trying to make some real changes in life. Man, Yeah, you gotta be careful with all the desires though.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to me.
Speaker 1: I just say I I I hear what you're saying, aspiring to be a lot of things like I want to be a lot of things too, And who is anybody to say you can't attain that? Because you know the stories you're talking about with your mom earlier, going from a kid like that. Who would guess that a kid like that would be in a situation that you are now? So to think you getting to Grammy's, you know, the space between that isn't as far as the space that was that little kid to where you are now.
Speaker 2: Right, So you can obviously attain that stuff.
Speaker 1: But when you talk about going up and down with some of your depressions sometimes and identity and stuff like that, I think it's I just as far as like building from the inside out, you want to make sure you're going about it the right way, other than I want to litter my room with awards because if you don't get those awards right And I'm not saying that this is you all. That's why I just say, be careful. But if you don't get those awards, what does that mean to you? To some people it could mean failure.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, I don't worry about that. And I'll tell you why. I fear nothing because I have been where men are afraid to go. You cannot scare me with going back somewhere I've already been. Not only am I familiar with rock Bottom, I was a fucking tour guide down there. I could show you around that. I sat on that motherfucker Indian style most of my life. So I move fearlessly in music, whether or not anything works for me or not, because you can never scare me with sending me back where I've been.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid of that. I'm not afraid to lose everything today, people who are afraid to lose shit and who are afraid to for shit not to work or consider not being six Like, I've already exceeded every expectation in life. I've already done everything they said I couldn't do. At this point, I'm just trying to put some whip cream on what's already been the best brownie on Earth. If I don't get the whip cream, I don't care. What's the best brownie on Earth. Yeah, And when I fucked this brownie up and I end up with an empty bowl, it won't be the first time I had an empty bowl.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'm okay with this. I find peace.
Speaker 3: That's where the confidence in who I am and what I do is is the opposite of the confidence I have as far as Jason right, I know, And I think that's part of my deep rooted shit too, is that I am not afraid of that, and it helps me so much of my business will because I'm not afraid of losing everything. When I just dropped this new album where it was only singing, people literally told me, dude, you're gonna lose it. Every fan you've ever built that liked you for rapping is going to think you abandon them. They are going to jump off the train. You were going to get criticized. This record's either gona it's not gonna work. Man, fuck you. This music means the world to me. I put my soul in this. I put as much emotion to this music as any other music I've ever put in. This was the darkest, longest album I ever recorded. It took me a year to record this album. I mean it was I will drop the documentary one day about the recording process of this album because I filmed every minute of it and it was dark. This album got in some dark places I knew. I wasn't worry.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: I'm not the guy you scared. Was saying, Shit's not gonna work. Shit wasn't supposed to work in the first fucking place. You know what I'm saying, Like, hey, scare me with that. I'm gonna run, not you, but anybody. It's like, I'm not labels distributors when they're like yo, or like people are like, oh, I don't know. That's a little risk here. I'm dropping a YouTube video today called dead Man Walking, and I was like I want to blow up a trailer. Spooky. Shit's dope. Wait till you see if if I show it to you for you leave, it's so figh. But it's like, you know, there was a lot of people. I was like, I don't know, man, it's a little dark, it's a little of this. I'm like, man, I'm not this what it that's what it needs. It's real, Like I want to I want to get real with this ship.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm not afraid of that ship. Will It's like if I don't get it, I didn't think I was gonna get it to this year anyways. This is a new thought.
Speaker 2: I think it's because I needed a new goal.
Speaker 3: If we're gonna be honest, I think I looked around and was like when they invited me to the Grand Old Opry, I was like, I manifested this. Like everything I said I wanted to do, I'm doing right now, and he knew shit to do. I was like, I need new ship. It's like, you, dude, you helped me today inviting me to this.
Speaker 2: You don't know that, but in my heart it was like, oh God, I got something to do tomorrow. It's dope. I gotta get up. I can't let Will down. That's my boy.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't hit me if he didn't need me, you know what I'm saying. I was like, he wouldn't hit me last minut if he didn't need me to come in here and do this. You know what I'm saying, Like he didn't want to be in here doing all the time. But in my mind, I'm thinking, like, all right, Taylor couldn't make it. Will's fucking doesn't want to do a solo cast. You know what I'm saying. He's sitting there. He knows, you know, like fucking he knows he could help me too. He knows the album just came out a few weeks ago. He knows I secretly want to get on anyways.
Speaker 2: Probably that album.
Speaker 3: But it's like, you know, to me, that ship, that ship helps dog, It's like it's like purpose. So for me, when I started talking about Grammys, man, that's my new thing. Like I'm going for it, dude, like I'm fixing the fucking get up there and look good in a tux seato, dog, I'm gonna vite you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome to be my guy. You get something, make one up, hey, we'll make one up. I'm okay with not even winning one. I'd like one to get that.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that the start of your performance will just be me giving you the grand It's just part of the performance.
Speaker 1: No that that fires me up here. And you say that, what I think we need to do is clip this whole thing for you. And that's what you need to listen to in the times where you're fucking down and low, because when you're explaining that stuff, you're talking about why, you're talking about your why right, the whole start with why with Simon, and you're just talking about like why it doesn't scare you and why you feel motivated.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: When you're saying that shit, I'm like, this is what you need to be listening to yourself saying this stuff because a lot of times with you know, you get when you get into the depressive state, depression and stuff. You know, sometimes it could just be a lack of perspective and and just the way you're talking to yourself right, because you're because sometimes when you talk about your self image or like identify, identifying and stuff like that, and then when I hear you say the awards and this and the I'm like, go man, what if he doesn't get it? Like what and that one day strikes where he's thinking about self image and what he was tied up into. Not what you just went on right there with the Ted talk, Well you need to be listening to anytime you're feeling down.
Speaker 2: Because I thought, like, that's real. Are you a you a boxing fan? Yeah? I more so back in the day than I am. Tyson Fury right on. Yeah, story, but Fury and Wilders, even.
Speaker 3: Me setting the new goals is kind of like what you know, Tyson's public mental health advocate. He once got very much one hundred some pounds, quit box and became a raging drug addict, alcoholic for a few years, lost all the weight, and fought Deontay Wilder the first time. That's very true story, right, crazy story. But uh, whenever my dude, George Lockhart shout out to Lockhart, he's the greatest nutritionist on earth. He's the man in every big fight that's happened the last ten years. George helped that dude cut wait from Connor McGregor, you name it right. George said that he was talking to Tyson and Tyson's thing is what helps him with his depression is he's always like he's made working out his anchor, right, Like training is his thing. Like he sets fights up just to get out of his own funk, so he don't get in the way of himself.
Speaker 2: He's not fighting for money. He's a punter, has to train if he sets up a fight.
Speaker 3: He knows that, right, So he's like he knows that like running boxing. This is like a part of what keeps him going. Like Dwayne Johnson always references to Jim right when you see his post all the time when he's like, this is my that's why he calls it to Iron Paradise. He's like, this is it, this is this is church from me. This is my whole life is anchored around these two.
Speaker 2: Hours a day.
Speaker 3: Fuck all the movies, fuck all the fame. I have to come in here for these two hours and work this ship out. And to me, that's craze. You are way more self disciplined to have your phone buzzing right now?
Speaker 2: Will your phone I want to doct I was going to silence that thing. It's just buzzing. Meanwell, Jack's back there. Hello, Yeah, I'm doing the boys hits when I leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking right now, willis jelly roll. All right, I'll tell you so what's up? But yeah, I think that's kind of it. Who we're reading something. I like to read stuff. This is the coolest one I've ever got to do. Yes, Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Hooters. Hooters is the go to spot for killer wings ice cold beer. But football season means all the big games are on the big screen. Yes, and it's the only place that the world famous Hooters girls.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: It is the only place that has the world famous Hooters girl. They love football just as much as you, and they're better looking than your friends in the church said amn. Hooters has game day specials to keep you hydrated and filled up on your Hooters favorites all season. And if you can't make it to Hooters for the game, you can still get your Hooters fixed it home save ten dollars with the code barstool when you order online. Listen check out Hooters dot com ford slash barstool for all details. We are talking about the world famous favorite place of every man at some point in their life. Hooters dot com ford slash barstool for details.
Speaker 2: I love how you said the forward slash too. It is a point, right? Did I fuck it up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Your on point?
Speaker 3: It was like, I'm so often that could have been a backslash. No fucking halfway seeing it?
Speaker 2: What do we got next? Boys around the lead? Dude Tom Brady, Like, I don't know, man, do we all need to get on the fucking TV twelve diet? Yeah? Like he what is his diet? The TB twelve method, Dude, look it up. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Fully, I haven't read the book yet, but this man is like defying what it means the last in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Like granted, like he's a quarterback and stuff like that, but what is he Like forty seven said he could play till he was fifty or something like he said he wants to try to get there now to fifty. Yeah, that's the new Like he changed his goals up and it's jelly.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is he's he's like quietly having the best year of his career this year.
Speaker 2: Forty seven? Bro, Yeah, it's I think he's forty seven. I think he's got alien blood? Am I just out here? Young?
Speaker 3: Forty seven just ran forty four he's forty four. Hey, career is he forty four?
Speaker 2: Forty seven? Forty four? Okay, he's forty four.
Speaker 1: List Hey, I'm making it. I've made him sound like yo, all right, he's forty four. It's all good. It's only twelve years older than me.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 7: When today on the radio that it was just it's just kind of like the perfect storm. The NFL has kind of grown with Tom Brady and like rule changes and stuff like that, which has helped the quarterback, which is helped the receivers. So he made statements like that, not necessarily knocking Tom Brady, but just.
Speaker 1: You can't knock him at this point because there's quarterbacks that's grown with him, like the Breeze Rivers, like all them.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, he was talking Roethlisberger. Can we just talk about the head of Harry still has. Jesus, when you think about breeze, I think about the opposite head of hair, you know what I'm saying. Like, I mean, dude, listen, I'd kill for that airline. That dude he's got that he's got that TikTok Caroline, that's for sure. The dude's a decade older than me, and I look like I've been roaded hard and put away wet, and that dude looks funny. That dude is like fucking totally. It's kind of kind of a frustrating a little bit. You think, I think he's doing alien blood transit.
Speaker 1: But there's no there's no knocking, there's no knocking anything that tom Brady's done.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, he has this that like yeah, it's just been the perfect storm, bro.
Speaker 1: And he grew his reputation right, like his reputation with the Patriots and all that stuff, to have like such credibility that he gets to have decisions with the team, like where he goes like doing stuff off the field, Like, fuck, dude.
Speaker 2: You ever met him? No, I haven't met him. Want him on the bus though? Won him on the bus? Yo? Yo, we're gonna get tom Brady on the bus. Just put them in the universe right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it'll maybe it'll he'll come on when he's forty seven. Actually that way, we play this clip three years ago, we yo, we thought you'd be fifty today.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeahh oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I was the only such conviction a minute ago too. Man, I was sounding like old boy on the what is it Chris Broussard Boosard with Taylor The Bills didn't have their left tackle Taylor one yelling like, oh how about that? They got their backup in Yeah, they don't have their pro bowler. That probably would have helped. But here, ye on, this man's forty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Did you see this from AI the other day? He said he's better at football, so football was always his best sport? Yeah, dude, it's so Yeah, the highlights are oppressive.
Speaker 1: Uh here yeah, yeah, I'm saying cap just because like everyone thinks like they had some sports they're better in.
Speaker 2: Can't some people be not lying that? You think, yeah, but how do you? How do you?
Speaker 1: It's subjective, It's purely subjective. I remember one time my dad's buddy introduced.
Speaker 2: Me, looks a little husky. Maybe it's the uh, maybe it's the shoulder pads. But you know what position is he playing in the NFL? In this in his clips, he's at QB, he's at wide receiver. He's like all over the place. You're trying to say, what what?
Speaker 1: What is he regarded as as a point guard like one of our shooting guard, like one of the best of all time, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially for his size. One of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you gets he gets that label in the NFL who said practice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up.
Speaker 9: Saying on the So you're saying you would lay out Alan Iverson if he's coming as if.
Speaker 2: He's running a drag right over the middle. Yeah I'm not. Yeah, I'm laying Allen Iverson out. Will Comfon is better than Alan Iverson? No, No, let that be the quote. The thing in football is you you always get gotten football dude. But so Allen Iverson's gonna get you.
Speaker 1: I mean if if we're in the open field and he's got me and say he's a returner, he might have my number that day. I don't backpedal now, No, I'm not backpedaling. You're trying to make me say like, I'm a better futall player than a Iverson. I haven't seen him play eight years in the league.
Speaker 8: I know that.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't. He's saying like if he's playing football, what do you What do you guys want right now? What we got next on the docket. We got the clips that'll get you. So you're a better futball player. Yeah, this podcast will be called wills better than Alan Ivers.
Speaker 1: Hey merch update. I do say that before we get into Spootober. The shirts are rolling in. I saw somebody back. Why are somebody getting shirts up before other people? They probably ordered them before you. Yeah, Like, I know all the Raiders fans who ordered them on September twenty first, because a buddy of mine was sending me all the updates. He got his on Sunday, So I know all the people who ordered initially in that first week, that first two weeks are starting to get them.
Speaker 6: I had someone send me a video last night at like two am.
Speaker 5: It's a buddy of mine hammered and he's like, Jack, where the fuck is my busting shirt at I ordered it three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: That's three weeks. We're talking about the people that got him four weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I know, but I'm saying, I'm starting to take some heat in the sideline.
Speaker 1: So it's tough man. We're taking a lats stray bullets out there. I'm telling you, Barsels pissed off about it. They've been on the warehouse it is I can tell you. I can promise you it is the top priority on their list. Because we've been getting body back. Barcia wants us to push push merch, and we've I've been telling them that we're scared to push it because we everybody hasn't be getting their shirts. So I don't want to sit here and continue to push something when we're getting called frauds.
Speaker 2: We might need to pull up to the warehouse people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are coming at our character right now to defend everybody. It is a supply chain nightmare in America.
Speaker 2: Oh they hey, talk to them. It is no try. I'm in the merch business myself. I so merch.
Speaker 3: The same as plugged jelly roll six one five dot com for all of your needs, no Fords lasses. But uh yeah, it is a supply chain nightmare.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: It is not easy. Like you remember last year, I had the cool jackets and flannels and ship I brought you all a bunch of shit up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like possibly even get this year. It's been a fucking nightmare, man. So yeah, yeah do yep. But you know what, I bleached those flannels myself, me, my daughter, and my wife. We bleached like four hundred flannels and then we put the oh you're about it, you're about yeah? Yeah, yeah man, I'm all about that. Like, yeah, man, I mean I've always said it. Man, if I'm gonna be fat, I gotta look good and smell good. I can't be fat, stinky and ugly. You know what I'm saying. So fucking you know what I mean. I had to I had to pick wisely, so I try to take my fashion pretty serious.
Speaker 2: There you go. Halloween. Halloween is fucking upon us, and it's coming up this Sunday, the greatest holiday on earth. Oh yeah, oh for sure. Yeah, this is our ship. Fuck. Yeah, you know, I mean you kind of walk around like a Halloween costume Christmas? Yeah, yeah, I didn't even have to put one on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm right there, I'm right there between Oh yeah, yeah, I'm right next to the goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We didn't even have to put a character on jail because my man's already jelly on there with the face tattoos.
Speaker 1: People are about this rank the scariest horror movie. Villains are top five horror films of all time.
Speaker 3: This is fucking fire Hold on, Can we go back to what did you already talk about Halloween the movie?
Speaker 2: Did I miss it or something? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, we didn't talk about that. Can well movie. Yes, yes, Oh my god, it's so good of him and Tom Brady. Man, they're the same. I know I've already said that joke, so I won't repeat the joke. It's a great joke. He just keeps winning. Yeah, it doesn't matter how old he gets.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I saw the Halloween the Michael Myers Twitter Twitter handle, and they posted like a Michael Myers like person, like in an old senior citizen home, like YO would still watch this movie if they kept coming out.
Speaker 2: And I think that's true, bro, I'd watch the Michael Myers movies every year if they came out.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, listen, you know what it is. I explained it, so I who's this thing I've ever done? But it was weirdly on it get expensive. We rented a theater for the family. Got a big family.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, we did two not the flex but also flex a little. But so we took.
Speaker 4: We took.
Speaker 3: We had just to match the energy family, right, we took the whole family and Bailey it brought like four or five of her friends. First story, I gotta tell real quick is the coolest part of the story is she had three girls and one little boy, right, and when we're leaving the theater, my favorite part the young man. I go, what do you think about the movie house? He goes, it's r D four. I don't like scary movies. I was like, you're a fucking genius. You're gonna get foreign life.
Speaker 2: Young man.
Speaker 3: If three girls ever ask you to do anything, you say yes, brother, you like it or not, you are a smart kid, you know what I'm saying. Like, I just immediately admired him that he was just like three chicks asked him to do something. I'm fucking in, you know what I'm saying. He's literally like hates horror movies. It went, but we go, And when we left, I was explaining to my daughter Bailey. I was like, and I might have this wrong because I'm butchering everything, but there's like two kind of horror movies, right, There's like thrillers and gore, and Halloween feeds my need for gore. Like there's never one time Michael kills somebody that I'm like, didn't see that coming, But he always kills him in a way that I'm like, didn't see that coming.
Speaker 1: He's always got a special move to where he's just banging them It's just crazy to me that people can't just escape that little Yeah, he just can't escape the little like just getting their.
Speaker 2: Head crushed against the wall. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: But like he's reaching through the wall and just fucking banging your head against the wall. Yeah, you just spin and get out of that dure. I don't I guess I don't want to spoil any.
Speaker 2: Of the movie. No, it's we've already we already spoiled it last week. Oh okay, you're good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's like there was so many moments, like when he when he grabs a person's head through the broken window and stabs it through their neck. Yeah, just like that was creative. I was like, didn't see that one coming, Like he always does something that.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, yeah, I was when't I thought he could kill him that way in that situation, or all thirty of those people at the end of the movie, yeah, yeah, which is creep.
Speaker 1: When he's standing they all they all got the lights around him like there's some fight going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best part was how they all attacked it once in the beginning, but when he started killing they all waited their turn to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, bro, it's like if y'all never jumped nobody, That's how I know you're not from Antiyock. You're all supposed to go together every time, you know what I'm saying. He can't hit everybody at once. Yeah, somebody's got to jump on the grenade. Somebody's gonna have to run frontwards and get hit. But somebody, you know, It's like everybody's just like up, gonna wait my twenty seconds till he gets over here to me, and then I'll be like, all right, it's me and you now, and then I'm gonna get killed.
Speaker 2: Yah. Yeah, say it was everything I expected a Halloween movie to be. Yeah, I thought it was amazing. Halloween ends next, Halloween Ends comes out next October. Really it's the final one. It's already in motion for me. Yeah yeah, Wow, that's why we've been Jamie Lee back or what when have to just feels like right, she.
Speaker 1: Had her entire like abdomen opened up, and she was already walking right out of the fuck. You know, it was crazy though she's already out there fighting in the hospital.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cool. I like kept expecting her to pop up at the end, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I was like it's like it was the obvious choice was like, all right, she's gonna somehow get from the hospital to this house.
Speaker 2: But instead it was the daughter. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, cool, it's like all right, you know anytime there's something that's like not super expected, Yeah.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: The worst move was definitely those little groups breaking up and driving around town to try and find this man. Remember when the dad actually goes in his house and like, you guys, stay here, Hank the horn. Honk the horn, Honk the horn. If you see something weird, like the weird ships outside, Like they sat there for like not even a minute. A gunshot goes off. My man's already gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yo. I loved how much the granddaughter was a gangster. Do it, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, crazy bitch, this is great. Everything I expected in this movie. You know, we had a good one. The first time I've been to the movie theater since uh, since the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ship. Yeah, since they opened her up, Yeah for sure, since we opened her. Yeah we're responsible for that about it. Yeah, we don't get enough.
Speaker 3: Credit for It's a tough little crackling and the voice right there it sound like Jack a little bit.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we can do it so to me and you will do the next song me, you and Cholsey.
Speaker 1: Where were you putting Mike Myers in the top five killers horror movie villains? Man, everybody, everybody start throwing stuff on the wall and let's let's let's figure this out as a group.
Speaker 2: Penny Wise was the best. Penny Wise was the best to me.
Speaker 1: The best, not because of a killer as a character, Yeah, definitely a spooky little character.
Speaker 2: He Jigsaw, penny Wise, the sewers. Jigsaw is under right, Yeah, my condo for hundred a month. You're not moving like me? Now, Jigsaw. Jigsaw was fucking brutal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Freddy, But there there's other there. This is horror movie villains. Like there's more like Hannibal Lecter, what a psychopath?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's differ. That's when it feels real. Jigsaw was fucking sick and demented. Yeah, yeah, Jigsaw is fucked up, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can we put the old man from Squid Game in this category? I was just thinking about that, like, I feel like he's gotta be like a horror movie. Hang on, now you're spoiling a little bit there. People, and not all people's watched the Squid game.
Speaker 2: Shit, whoever has and watched it? Fucking no way, that's the biggest fucking show. Four days after Halloween comes out, I'm spoiling the ending. Yeah, people hadn't seen it. Yeah, that old motherfucker three for a loop.
Speaker 1: I when whenever he lost in the Marble game and they didn't show it, I was like that, dude could still be alive.
Speaker 2: Right, but you guys just look because I just went full out spoiler right there. Yeah, no, dude, they didn't show and I looked at my wife. I was like, yo, he could still be alive. They didn't show it.
Speaker 3: Let me show you how different you and I are as much as we're like at that moment when you were like you and die, I was crying. I was like in tears. I was like so sad. I was like, man like, he was just doing the right thing. He picked the old man to show and me love the old man, and we're gonna let the old man go out by himself. And then he had to cheat the old man out. I was like, his fucking It was the only part of the whole show that I got like emotional, bro bought it hook line and sinker. When he came back, I was like, no fucking way. I was like, get the fuck out of here. It was like, dude, it was and it was.
Speaker 2: My favorite meme is when it's like this, dude, so the main character is this dude tastes care everybody but his daughter. Which did the main character dude? Like the dude, what's what? Listen, I'll butcher all these names.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You're talking about the guy who was partnered with the old man.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's yeah, he doesn't. It looks like he taste care of about it his daughter. But because like at the end of the movie, I was just like, you motherfucker, Like I found myself. I think my favorite part of it, oh dude, what the fuck? But it's like, I think my favorite part of the show was how the storyline was so good. I overlooked bad acting. I overlooked fucking the word ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I overlooked the dub overtime. Did you watch the dub or did you I watched the Dubs. I watched the Dub and then I watched that. Okay, I've heard of people about how bad the voiceover is. It's not that good. Yeah, I did it with the.
Speaker 3: I did it with the dub over later because I heard that and I still felt like the first couple of episodes the acting was a little harsh, like the real annoying girl that was always you know, like she just like her face was just over. And the main character dude from the beginning with his mother, like that first scene with his mother was just so like cringey. But the storyline was so good that I overlooked all of that. Yeah, the games that you fucked up because you don't know by the by the Marvel game, you're like, all right, you need to give it a teammate, and then you're fucking you.
Speaker 2: Think it's one thing and it's just it was. It also was such a good story.
Speaker 3: There was moments I loved people in this movie and moments I hated the same person, like his friend that was in there with him that he ended up at the final with. Yeah, three different times I was like, this dude's a fucking piece of ship, and two different times I was like.
Speaker 2: Man, that dude's good.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 2: Man, he really got his back, like I was like, except for when his Marble. Yeah, that one. Y'all have to watch that. It was shit happened to Doc No, that dude was Yeah, it was fucking y'all watched the y'all watch Thequid game. You know what I'm seeing it, dude, it's It's worth the six hours of your life. No shit. Are you feeling like I spoiled it for you? Like you can't watch it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we fucked it up. It's a solid anything though, so everybody, that's true. It doesn't mean anything. Yeah until you start watching. Yeah, you know, damn motherfucker fucking jelly fuck you will.
Speaker 1: Rollback act to where you boys all know Roadback best fit best feel. It's football season, the best season in the world, which means it's also hoodie season. Luckily for you boys, Rollback just restock their performance hoodies.
Speaker 2: I'm not shiitting you when.
Speaker 1: We see these are the absolute softest, highest quality hoodies in the game. The materials out of this world soft and the stretch is unmatched. Nobody does hoodies like the Boys that Rowback. Rollback also dropped new performance Polos, and trust us when we say the designs are fresh, perfect for the golf course or a night out with your girl. They scream versatility. We've worn these Pollos one hundreds We've worn these Polos one hundred times and the college still look brand new and the fabric is just two damn soft Roadbacks gears popping up all over the NFL, from our boy Quentin Nelson to Bengals d n Sam Hubbard.
Speaker 2: Rollback is quickly becoming the go.
Speaker 1: To activewear in the league and off the league because Busting with the Boys wears this shit every day. They also have two of the biggest apparel sponsorships in college sports. Notre Dame's Kyle Hamilton and George's quarterback JT. Daniels are officially part of the Roadback fan. It's fair to say Rowbacks gears popping up all over the place. So if you play football, or you're a football fan, or you like Busting with the Boys, you wear Rowback. It's as simple as that. Use code busting that's b U s SI N on rollback dot com for a generous twenty percent off your first order that's spelled r h O bac k dot com for twenty percent off your first order on a Polos, q zips, hoodies and teas with the code busting hop on the Roadback Bus now because it's taking off. So go check the boys out at roadback dot com. Do it for the boys always in Forever. Yeah, what's the what's your Halloween look like? I'll tell you what it looks like. It looks like a costume party to act me feeding Seed. It looks like a costume party day feed and Seed. And we're gonna watch the boys beat the Colts. Ask that's what we're gonna do. Fuck, yes, baby, God, that's awesome. We're gonna have to watch one of our fellow friends of the show, Quentin Nelson, go down on a Sunday afternoon because we'll be doing a costume party to act me feeding Seed.
Speaker 2: I guess it's happening now, for sure, it's happening. Costume party, act me feeding Seed. Son. What we were talking about, start noon, aimen baby, say it again to be there at ten o'clock in the morning. Game starting.
Speaker 3: What we were talking about is they're like everybody's gonna be dressing going hard on Friday and Saturday, which is true, Like everybody's gonna be hungover, hopefully drinking their revital light for Sunday's game.
Speaker 2: And then you know they might just have to pull on an all night or in the same costume.
Speaker 3: Listen for what it's worth. I wore this exact same outfit to Dave Chappelle and Joe Rogan last night. Nice, yep, yep. I didn't think about it till I got here and realized that I had a joint in the front pocket. I smelled the driving here and I was like, I guess I had one. I didn't blow last night, all right, I just that's how much of it. I just woke up to get here. I literally rolled out of bed, took a zoom call with just like TV thing that I'm not supposed to talk about for like thirty minutes, and then literally put on my clothes that were sitting by the bed, and I was like, fucket that outfit looked decent. I was like, fucking they were on the ball cap. Just look in the mirror, fucking showed up. Yeah, just grab grabbed the hat and yeah. It was like, yeah, if waves here comb in my hair? You trying to give me? Huh, that's crazy, dude.
Speaker 2: Shameless shameless pod, shameless plug Sunday. How long has pod been going? Yeah, babe, Hey, God.
Speaker 3: Tameless Plug Sunday, October thirty, first Jelly Roll Chris Calico at the Caverns in Pelham, Tennessee. We've got a very limited amount of tickets left. Anybody wants to come out and spend Halloween with Fat Man. We're all gonna be dressed up. Caverns, Pelham, Tennessee. We're playing inside of a cave. I don't know if you're familiar with this venue. We're playing inside of a cave.
Speaker 2: Is this on Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Well, I'm doing Saturday and Sunday. Saturday has been sold out for a while, but.
Speaker 2: That could be. That could be a Spootober. That could be your guys' weekend' Speotober thing going on.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's our thing. So it's a it's gonna be big. It's gonna be big. Saturday has been sold out for about a month when we announced. I think there's like one hundred some tickets left for a Sunday show. So we're excited. This is my first Halloween show. Halloween's such a sacred holiday to my family.
Speaker 1: Well, so what do you do then? Outside of your show? What are you gonna be doing for Halloween? Since it's such a sacred holiday.
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be just the show this year.
Speaker 3: But normally I don't do shows on Halloween because we dress up. I normally chase kids with chainsaws around the neighborhood like I am that guy, Like we take Halloween that serious.
Speaker 2: So what's where's the passion gone? Well? Do you know what it is?
Speaker 3: So Bailey is thirteen, and last year was the first year that I kind of got the I kind of got the nudge. It hurt my heart, but it's just the cycle of life. I knew it was gonna happen. Remember this as your parenting now right. You know it hurt, you know because it's like that was our ship, Like we're gonna go trick or treat and then we're gonna scare kids together. And Bailey was just kind of like going with the homies. I'm like, I'm too old. That's tough man, teenager now. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Uh, you better start paying some fucking rent. What you better start You better contribute around this motherfucker then. But so I was like, well, I'm kind of losing that part of it, you know. And the reason I did it was really this. They called and said, hey, we know you don't do Halloween show. They had no one four or five years. They said, have you heard of the Caverns and Pelham, Tennessee. I was like, you talk about that venue with the cave. They were like, yeah, what do you think about Halloween weekend?
Speaker 2: Two shows?
Speaker 3: I was like, if there's a place that I think would be cool to do a show on Halloween, it's in a cave. I don't know if you've seen it? Will I can we pull up the It's in a cave. This isn't a man made cave. That's a real cave. There's a risk that that shit falls and kills everything, and that is fucking freaky, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean.
Speaker 3: Give one of the last one hundred tickets for Spectote. I mean, look how low the fucking the ceilings are. You know what I'm saying. My wife won't go. She's so freaked out by it. And I think it's the coolest shit ever, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So it's like I'm excited about it.
Speaker 2: So for me, I should hire a few like, you know, like haunted house workers or something. Be dressed up.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, listen. We got big plans, We got some shit, and I'll tell you something else I'm doing. It's different.
Speaker 2: It is. I'm doing a different set both nights. Okay, explain. Yeah, So it's like the.
Speaker 3: Set because there's a lot of people that got double tickets, come spend a weekend and stay up there. The set that like the show that we do the first night will be different the second night. There's songs I'll do the first night, I won't do the second night. Songs I'll do the second night, I won't do the first night. Even the songs I do that are the same will have a different order both nights. The show will starting in different, completely different flow.
Speaker 2: Is there gonna be a little something extra on Halloween?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, I mean we're like I said, we got plans to dress up both nights, different for both nights. You can't you can't give away any secrets, nah, because the one I'll tell you when the camera's off. Because the idea of how we start the first show, it's probably the coolest idea I've ever had a Star show ever. I kind of don't want to even blow it for this. It's such a good idea and I've done some like his, like to toot my own horn for a second. I do some cool shit it shows. Did anybody here make it out to see the actual Ryman show? See it on the last train. I built a trailer park on stage Will Compton. I built a trailer park on the stage of the Ryman with an abandoned car and a refrigerator that worked on the stage of the Ryman bug Zapper outside of the trailers, I mean, I built a set on the Rymans the bugs Zappers, Dude, the detail of everything we did was I mean spared not one dollar to think about everything through that I want I mean, from bicycles to abandoned cars. Like I wanted it to feel like a real trailer park. So street signs when you came to I did it all the way to when you pulled into the front door of the Rhyman, there was a big sign that said Welcome to Jelly Roll's Mobile Home Community trailer Park. And then when you went in and before you went to your seat in the main foyer, there was an Antioch street sign from Antioch Pike and Bell Road. You know what I'm saying, Like, I just like made this super I made an atmosphere at the ryman, you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm gonna do that in this cave. It's going to there we go. Look at this. You see that's a trailer. Those are trailers up there behind me. Over there as some double wides, yeah, or not even that fancy. Yeah, there's a car, but it's it's in same Yeah. I'll send you a clip of the actual live stream itself too. We took it down, but it was you know, dude, it was I did it. Yeah, when I was watching it, it was on your life stream that was actually playing because Alex, you were there, weren't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bloss, are you there? Bloss? Don't fuck me like that. I'm joking. I love you, baby, you know. I love y'all, y'all my crew man. I look forward to seeing y'all came here today.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 2: The cool part of this podcast for me is, I feel like I'm family with this podcast. You are. It's like I come in and I like, I know the boys. It's cool.
Speaker 3: You didn't make the bus more Yeah, I didn't make the well you know what, it's all right. You were overdue fucking me on something so like fucking whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. Yeah, you want you want to hit this Vincero. Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: First of all, listen, I love reading ads with y'all, and you have more ads every time I come congratulates. I'm not sure I love it. Besides the Hooters ad, I somehow always get elected to read the fucking like Vinchero.
Speaker 2: Vinchero, It's got it right there? How you pronounce it? Just whoever did that as a fucking hero? Yo?
Speaker 3: We want to introduce you to some new friends at the boys over at Vinceero. Yeah, that's right, the Vinceero Collective. And you know, if you don't know Vinceero yet, it's premium watches, Sunnis and lifestyle accessories out of San Diego, California, USA. It doesn't matter if you're a black tie kind of guy or more of a white tea dude. Vinceo has a seriously stylish collection or color way for every look. With quality you can feel, Vinceero is the perfect solution to your everyday style needs. Check out their bold, newly released reserved automatic. Yes, that's right, they're bold newly released reserve automatic. Perfect for the face of the franchise or the rugged rogue.
Speaker 2: If you're more of a.
Speaker 3: Grinder in the trenches, that's mate. Will be the first guys to tell you when you look good, that's right. We'll be the first guys to tell you. When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good, you play great.
Speaker 2: And that's the game of life, baby. Vinchero gets that, and that's why they're here to help you elevate your look and up your game on the streets, are in the office, and that's what we love the most about them. We'll get all the online shopping can be frustrating, and we understand that. But will this fit? Will this really work out?
Speaker 8: Like this?
Speaker 3: Will this be broken in a week? Vinchero has a five year guarantee of that's how you're thinking, and a three hundred and sixty five day free return policy. Has you covered? That's three hundred sixty that's a whole year. Even I know that that's a whole year. Vinchero is offering fifteen percent off of listeners if you go to vinceero Collective dot com forward slash bussing. And in case you were wondering how Vinchero was spared like I did, it is v I n Cero Collective dot com forward slash Busting. You watched this podcast enough y'all know we spell busting with a BUSSI ND and that's the code you need to check out. Please support the show and check out the Vincero Collective.
Speaker 2: Well fucking done this, Thank you man, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Let's go out. Fuck yeah, best candy. Fucking wait, did we figure out our top five killers? I don't think we placed them, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: Dude, I can't I can't commit to a top five?
Speaker 1: And what about the old lady and conjuring? Oh that's set it off, a conjuring Annabelle.
Speaker 2: Miami Dog. That video do you know a video we're talking about? Gosh, somebody redid this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: This Mike Myers racitting down getting interviewed him all like why he's the greatest of all time?
Speaker 2: And it's so fucking funny. He's like this man penny Wise talking about oh is it you too good? Now? You too big? Like yeah, like he's changed, like you live in a sewer my condo forty eight hundred a month. You not moving like me? Oh, it's so fucking funny, dude.
Speaker 1: And he's like, look, look, Annabelle, look, at her and it was like this photover all perked up. He's like, she's talking about come to Miami. I ain't even hit her back left already. Why I'm working.
Speaker 2: All right? So I guess when I figured out our top five, we can just you guys know we got a big three. Yeah. The other two that are just debatable. Yeah, it's all. The big three were like the originals. R let us know in the comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was the Jason guy before I was a Michael guy. For the record, Yeah, because I think, yeah, I think by default me being Jason, I was like, Okay, I want to watch the Jason guy. But now you're into Michael Myers. Oh yeah, man, I mean you know, I just I love What are your favorite candies? I feel like you can talk about candies now all day long. I hadn't looked to see what like the new things they have this year for as far as like Halloween candies. But I'm hoping they make those like Reese's Take five combinations. Have you seen those yet? They got the Reeses and the Take five and they put them together. No is it kind of like the Fast Break?
Speaker 2: It is fucking fire. Did anything reeseus makes his fucking fire.
Speaker 3: Bro Yo, he can a fucking candy off subject. We'll get right back to Halloween candy. But I was watching a Titan Guy and I think it was I think it was Derek.
Speaker 2: I think it was King.
Speaker 3: Henry had posted one time about this place called Sunny Hill Exotics. Are you familiar with this company? So it's I think it's Essue n N Hills Exotics. Yeah, but uh so here's the thing about these people, right, they do candies from like other countries that like have the licensing rights to different things, so they make like you see what I'm saying, like like crazy shit right, like yeah, like cinnamon bun oreos.
Speaker 2: Right, dude, they spots. This is it, dog.
Speaker 3: They fucking have these like sour blaster fucking sour patchers that are like cherry sour blasters that are fucking insane. Dog, This place is yeah, look at all the snacks, man.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 3: This is fucking yeah, just going down there. This is this is thirty moon can it is fucking dude. They have yo, dude, listen, dog, it's they have flavor that you wouldn't believe. Some of them are not great A louder. Yeah, man, there's some ship here that it's just like it's like clearly, like you know, it's like whatever, like an oreo plum.
Speaker 2: But some of this ship is fire man. But yeah, man, that's been talking about some anxiety. They got the Giant Skittle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a sour candy or like the chocolates.
Speaker 2: Dude, listen, the way my obesity set up is more.
Speaker 1: The answer is, yes, I'm more of a chocolate guy. Did I live and die chocolate? I'm healthy now. But it's dark chocolate, dark chocolate peanut butter cups. That Trader Joe's is a fucking cheek cub best.
Speaker 3: You know, the Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups and Whole Foods are fire too.
Speaker 2: I tell you something else.
Speaker 3: They once had a dark chocolate limited ed dish and butterfinger, and if they ever bring it back.
Speaker 2: I love butterfinger. Oh yeah, for sure. Yeah it is. It's the dark chocolate butterfinger.
Speaker 1: Man, you know you're eating right too, and it's dark chocolate. Yeah, man, I got the Chocolate Island Trader Joe's swear to God, yeah I know. And then they're out the next week. So I stopped posting because I'm sure. I'm sure I'm influencing all the natural to go to that spot Trader Joe's off White Bridge.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy your Honted houses this season? Yeah? I love them, each and every one of them.
Speaker 1: They're fucking Awesomehen you get chased by the chainsaw at the end of it and you're screaming for your life, bloody murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Went to a corn maze and Lincoln, Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, God, bet they got the best corn mazes. Oh yeah, it's like their whole ship. Yeah corn yeah, oh he he last about the funniest stuff, dude. Oh man, that would be good for the trailer for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, but what we we can't get away from the candies of Halloween Everyone's favorite. Uh, I'll go kit Cat. What did he say, kit Cat? I don't know a kit cat snickers? Oh yeah, God, I'm with the Ress train anything they do. Pieces cups. Keep talking like that to him when you say that cup with the pieces in them, the Reese's cup that have the Reese's pieces in him? Man, stop it. Sometimes I watch mc call it we got a new one. It's not a watch McCall. And then Fast Wrecks are real too. No. I thought it might have been something else, but I've seen something the other day.
Speaker 3: They had a different name. It's like a watch McCall it thing. But it was so full disclosure in the Easter eggs. Oh, the Easter egg riss is the best. It's better than the pumpkin reeses. And I'm a Halloween guy, but it's just got a little more peanut butter to it because it's a little bigger than the pumpkin reces. So we because we travel, we stop at fucking truck stops every night. So if you see, like you want to know what new candy is there? You watch fucking eighteen stoners get off of bus with money with a per diem because you know.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets like a per diem every day. Yeah, then you'll just watch them just come in with bags.
Speaker 3: It's like you see this ship they fucking cross the fucking butter finger with a snicker, and you're just like all right, whatever, you know, It's like, fuck, it's like being in prison when you get commissary every time the bus stops.
Speaker 2: Yeah I heard that. God I miss some days just like fucking prison.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know, like when you went to jail and I look around like, oh, it's just me. Hey, that's respect my name. I got a name, my p once set in jail cell for a night. What about you, Jack? What's your candy baby?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, Reese's Man, peanut butter and chocolate. But I really those mini Reese's cubs do on the wrap be like a.
Speaker 2: Little bag it's over. Have you had the Trader Joe's ones? Yeah? I have.
Speaker 4: Those are solid.
Speaker 5: But the Pumpkin Reeses and the other one we're talking about, I'm not a big fan because I like the texture that the Reese's cups have, the little edge where.
Speaker 6: It's like that kind of crunch, not a crunch, but it's harder.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that perfect cookie. We're just get softer in the middle.
Speaker 9: I like, uh, the Nerds gummy clusters. They're kind of new. Yeah, they're like that's small. They're like itty bitty Nerds ropes.
Speaker 2: Shut the funk up, dude, this Nerds gummy clusters. This is true. Yeah, it's like how they used to just do the Nerd ropes. Now they just do little pieces of them. Fire. But it's not just me, man. You should see the bus dude, I'm with the dog nerd nerds, fucking gummies. I swear those new candies. Yeah, it's like wals. Is that the deal of the week. Hey, we got to get your deal of the week. I got you out right here. No, come on up, man, you gotta get the people what they want.
Speaker 4: You gotta be an episode.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a deal of the week. Yeah. I feel like he wasn't dressed for the occasion. Somebody throw that man a flannel.
Speaker 9: Yeah, geez, it's kind of moist you talking about that candy. All right, the deal of the week this week, the deal of the week, jel.
Speaker 2: You like Do you like chicken Wings? Yeah? I like chicken Wings? You like Montrella sticks? Yeah? You like Casias?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You like half price? Yeah? You know where you could get all of that.
Speaker 9: Applebee's after nine pm, wings case, Adia's, nachos, the sampler platter, and one of their special drinks all half price after nine pm.
Speaker 2: That's your deal of the week. All right, Deal of the week. It's a pleasure. Thank you, man. It's enjoyed podcasting with you. Man. We'll do our own one.
Speaker 3: Now listen. I'm not here to ship on the Deal of the week. I'm not here to be a critical of this at all, but it was a little anti climactic. I exticipated him to turn me onto like a local spot I never heard of.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm in, and he was like Apple, he done tune in man different places. Yeah. Last last week it was publics se. He knows the public sandwiches are fire. Though. Now he's somethingbody, what is it fight lar sushi? Oh yeah, yeah, No, I don't think I trust that. Trust that random deal of the week guy. Yeah, no, I loved it. I think it was great.
Speaker 3: It also made me realize how much of an athlete you are, said, because I'm you know, I'm so much huskier than you. I kind of look at you like, man's crazyt guy. I was a blindbacker. I was like, really successful at what he did because you're not You're a big guy, but you're not like big guy. And then he sat down in your seat and I was like, will's a big guy. This is a little fellow sit next to me. Heyntext you man. No, I'm not going mean, no, no, I didn't mean that to be mean. I mean, like, you know, it was just it was perspective because you were fairly tall fell out there, so you know, it's just like Will got a little girth on them.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just saying, Pauls, there's no pausing on this bus too. We do we have any other We're good solid.
Speaker 3: You never told us your candy besides the dark chocolate candy of Trader Joe's that you've been raving about.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm with the boys, I'm with the recess. I'm on the recess strain for sure. I'm all about the races, dude. I would love a sponsorship from sponsorship from Rees's no free shoutouts. Who who owns is Mars candy?
Speaker 2: Probably Disney or something. Yeah, Oh it's a Hershey all right, Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's by far like thing, right, But the Hershey's fucking kind of backwards, right, Let's be honest, man. Them kisses are kind of whack. True chocolate ones are not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cookies and green ones are a little sleeper cream KitKat from the sunny Hills, exotic place from like China. It was your kit cat guy. I'll get your backs. I got you, I got you logos break me off a bez kick cat bar dead yeah, dude, I'm so.
Speaker 3: Glad to fucking be able to hang out with you again. Man, this is awesome. Two hours of greatness. Bro Oh dude, It's like I was just sitting here thinking, Man, this is like always good. It was like always fun. Yeah, we went about how long on the first part, forty minutes. I think it's just cool because it never feels like we did a long one. They're always good, and uh, I feel like they're always I feel like they're always good, and that's cool because normally you think be like we've had some good ones.
Speaker 2: You would think.
Speaker 1: Laughs, yeah, yeah, you think we'd be doing duff. But no, yeah, because when you went on with Ern and Taylor, like you guys laughed a lot.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of foam all my honeymoon. Yeah, yeah, no, dude, it was It was a hilarious. I was more hung over that day than today, and that's hard to achieve. It seems like I'm a raging alcoholic, but you just always catch me on those days, you know what I'm saying. So I thought about that when I was out last night. I was at the fucking Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle show, pounding them, and I looked down and was like, oh man, I want to do this, but something tells me Will's gonna be like can you do two of you? And I was like fuck, because I'll never forget what tators like, can you do Monday? I was like, yeah, for sure. He's like.
Speaker 3: I was like anytime after noon. He was like perfect, noon works perfect. I was like twelve o two maybe after.
Speaker 2: Noon for hit it for me. I'd say noone on the nose, but motherfucker. And I was like, this is gonna be early. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a fun one though, But hey, thanks for coming on. Man, this has been busting with the boys. Subscribe rate, download leave comments. You guys did a phenomenal job last week of leaving real comments and not the ones in the life chat. Make friends in the live chat, but leave real comments. Have fun in the life chat. Don't be mean to each other. Positive vibes only boys, positive vibes only. Keep the trolling going on social media too.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a principle. It sounds the announcements. Yeah for class.
Speaker 3: Hey, all jokes aside, though, Yeah, hit the notification bell on the channel. Leave comments if you leave comments. I talked about this on my Instagram yesterday. If you if you ever want to help us, please if you leave a comment before the premiere, that triggers an algorithm. If you hit a thumbs up and leave an actual comment before the premiere even goes, it puts in front of that many more people when the actual video premieres. So for future reference, I know y'all miss it on this one because you're learning this during this one. But yeah, anytime you premiere coming out bing bing it shit helps us a lot. So it's us against the machine man, and we need y'all because you're a part of us. Let's fucking go there. Yeah, dude, you're like the You're like the y'all are like the podcast and what I am in the music. It's like the underdog, you know. It's like the blue collar like trying to figure it out.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 2: That just like we need.
Speaker 3: I tell people all the time, I don't have the biggest fan baits in the world. You don't have the biggest fan base in the world, but we are fucking Sparta mighty three hundred. Put a Jelly Roll fan, I will put fucking five thousand Jelly Roll fans against a fucking one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say an artist name because I would be disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I almost just said an artist name, but I'd put them against one hundred thousand of a pop culture artist fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Big damage, small groups, big damage. Sure man we we we you know it's.
Speaker 3: Like so rally fuck with us, man ding, notifications, comments, all that, all that, all that ship helps build the build the brand more and gets.
Speaker 2: In the front of more people. Appreciate your brother, Thank you to be a wolf baby. Always ted them