Speaker 1: Welcome in What Driving nick Wright Episode four oh five, as we are officially one week out from Christmas. This episode is always of What Drivin nick Wright is presented to you by our friends at boost Mobile. And I should have asked to find out whether or not I'm supposed to be talking about this or not. And since I didn't ask, I'm just going to you know, wink and not and hint at something. But our friends at boost Mobile, who have been amazing partners for twenty twenty five, I think they're gonna be even better friends with us in twenty twenty six. I'm really good news for the pod and we greatly appreciate it. We greatly appreciate them and everything they've done for the pod and continue to do. And so the show, as always is brought to you by boost Mobile and today and demon's great to see you. How are you pal?
Speaker 2: Good to see Pops. I'm doing amazing. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: Listen for the father of you know, a newborn, I think newborn is the classification until we get to three months. I think I think it three months infant, yeah, and then around one becomes toddler.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: For father of a newborn, you seem like you're doing just fine. Yeah, also yeah, chugging along. I gotta I gotta say something and then I'll get back to the show. And I'm not gonna reveal details on this, but there's sneaky proud parenting moments, and I have a lot of them. I have a lot of proud parenting moments that aren't like sneaky that it's just like, oh, that's when you're supposed to be proud. But the other day demands hit me up because there had been I'm just gonna it'll be as vague as possible, Uh, an issue with his bank account and money wasn't missing, but money was not where it was supposed to be. And the fact that you were so it now, I don't want to say nonchalant, but that it was not like, man, if this money doesn't show up, like I can't pay my car payment, that's right, And that's like really, uh the buffer for real, that's like a real part twenties. Having enough of a buffer that if you know, if city banker whomever screws something up, that it doesn't cause a catastrophe in your life is like a real It's like a real moment in.
Speaker 2: Feeling. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And it wasn't an it wasn't a you know, enoughing sum of money. It was a real amount of money. But it was like no, I mean, you know, I'm not I'm not paycheck to paycheck, which, by the way, no judgment on that for folks who are like it's hard out there. I was, shoot, I think I was paid check to paycheck the whole time we lived in Houston. But that was really more of a spending issue than a money making issue regardless, So it was that that was really cool. It made me very happy, and I'm very happy you're gonna get the first Christmas here in a week with your daughter. I was saying, our friends boost Mobile, they not only sponsor the show, they sponsor our straight to voicemail segment, which typically we can throw it up there. Typically are the stories that we're not going to spend much time on because we have too many other things to do today. Because I like at least two of these stories, and has a little hat tipped our friends of boost Mobile a little extra time on those. So the Knicks win the NBA Cup, they won't hang a banner. I have two, I have three NBA Cup takes first one is this. It was nice to see someone could beat the thunder. Shout out to the Spurs for doing that and maybe giving, even if it's false, hope, some hope to the rest of the league. My other Spurs take is and I guess I'm gonna be a man on an island on this. It seems like me and the great writer Jay Caspian Kang are the only people that feel this way. But I don't need to be talked down to or lectures about ethical basketball or which teams have sophisticated offenses from a twenty year old French kid who's never wanted anything and and so like I, Wemby has shown more than flashes of greatness. He is, you know, bordering on just being a great player already full stop. He obviously has seemingly limitless potential. But I'd love to see the guy, you know, accomplish literally anything before he's telling us about which teams have a sophisticated offense and which teams play up back to the well. He was asked about the Knicks and he was like, well, listen, they don't have, you know, the sophisticated offense like the heat or the thunder, but they play really hard and it was like a nice sat on the head. And then he was asked about the Thunder. He was asked about the Spurs, and he talked about how they play an ethical brand of basketball and that it's the Spurs way and he thinks tactically correct. Listen, call me and Neanerthal. I think a slightly more tactically correct thing for the Spurs to do might be get wimby the ball more so he can at seven to six dunk on people a bit more. That's just my take. He also had some spicy takes about the best player in the league and whether or not it could be Jokic because of the defensive end, like.
Speaker 2: A lot, he said, once I get back, it's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, the world loves him. Can you blame the guy? I mean it's I don't want to say it's gotten to his because I don't think Womeny's that type of guy. But it's like he's no.
Speaker 1: He is. He is espousing wisdom like the Shaolin monks he spent time with. The Thing is those guys are sixty and so that's all right. So that's first. That's first. From straight to voicemail. Second one is dolphins benching to a tongue of Iiloa, and here is so obviously this is a move that had to be made. Obviously, folks, the old tuann folks and the folks that were really in no, Actually, do you guys remember some of the Tua arguments. It was stuff like no, you don't understand how he moves defenses with his eyes. There were so many now in retrospect, ridiculous to it defenses. Folks were really convinced if he were right handed, you'd respect him more. They showed us those flipped videos and they're like, no, when in reality, it was always that he was an undersized, not very strong armed player who tragically, because of the injury history, became totally immobile and that drastically limited his effectiveness. You then added to it that he might be the worst quarterback I've ever seen behind a podium at press conferences, and what you had was a fifty four million dollar a year albatross. And here would be Here's where I think people haven't gotten there on what's next for Tua, because Miami's going to have to either cut him and eat ninety nine million dollars of a dead cap hit, they can split that up sixty seven and thirty two for next year in the year after, or Demonse, when he has a fifty four million dollar guaranteed salary next year, they can trade him. But in order to trade him, in order to get someone to pay fifty four million dollars for a backup quarterback, you probably have to attach multiple second round picks, like I, and so I don't know if mya. I think Miami'd rather eat the dead cap hit than lose the draft capital. So if they're just if no one's gonna trade for him and they're just gonna cut him, I think it's on the board that he's done. And here's why. I the quarterback reclamation projects for the most part, Demonse, those guys had never been paid, so they still had something to go. Chase Baker hadn't been paid, Gino obviously hadn't been paid, Darnald hadn't really been paid. Daniel Joe Zones had been paid. But he also, you know, maybe correctly, felt like, you know, I just got hurt a bunch. I'm good, I just got hurt a bunch. Tua got paid top of market, So will he be interested in playing for four million dollars the when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if that's what it takes if he wants to play.
Speaker 1: But I so that's the thing. I don't when he's been paid like that and been a starter, interested in making the least money you've ever made, And there might even be an offset in it where he makes the same amount of money no matter what, Like if someone pays him four million, then the fifty four million Miami os and just drops to fifty. So I'm not even sure if he makes an extra dollar be a backup. And here's the other thing. For other teams, there's a reason, and for you know, simplistic, I'll use this example like Tyler Huntley is Lamar's backup, because you usually want your backup quarterback to be a poor man's version of your starting quarterback. There's no starting quarterback in the league like to him, like he doesn't seamlessly step in. First of all, he's left handed, which does hurt him as far as being a backup. Yes, Pinnix is a lefty. Right Pinnix is a lefty, But so the left handed thing already is going to work against him a bit. As far as being a backup just in that the way your play action works, the way your runs were, like everything is reversed. The other one is because of his size and the limitations on his mobility and all that, there is a very specific style of offense he must run that nobody else is really running. So like, could he be the backup in San Francisco? Sure, Like that's where Mike McDaniel came from. Except for this part of it. The one trait you really need of backup quarterbacks is terribility. Yeah, because if you're like you, nobody wants to go to third string, you have to go to third string. All of a sudden, you're pulling Philip Rivers out of retirement. So I just I don't know what's next for Tua, but I think this is a This is a tough one. And then the last thing from the straight to voicemail brought to you by our friends of Boost Mobile. I didn't tweet about this, but I appreciate the show putting it in there. Awful announcing, which last year gave first things first their annual award for Best Debate Show, gave me the award for Best Debate Personality and the here's thank you to the people AFO announcing it's very nice. Here is what I will say. Do you want to say something demant say?
Speaker 2: It looked like no, I was gonna say, it's pretty freaking cool. I mean, I read through this.
Speaker 1: It was very nice write up. It was a very nice write up, and I and I don't want to. I don't want to act like it it's nothing. It's not nothing. I also don't I also felt like tweeting it out would be I'd look like a dork, like, hey, work this thing, and so I didn't want to do that. But what I do want to say is this is very I have I have been very honest with you guys and uh with anybody when they talk about like career goals and that when I got into this field, I had a very it wasn't nebulous, but it wasn't It was going to be very difficult to ever prove I achieved it, which was for there to be a moment in time where if you asked family feud style And this is what I've always said, one hundred sports fans, who who's the biggest sports talk guy in the country that I get the most votes? You know that I'm the plurality, if not the majority. I want to be very clear, not only have I not achieved that, it's undeniable that I have not achieved that that question. If it was asked right now, steven A would win it, and win it rightfully. But I do think maybe that if that were asked right now, I might come in second. I certainly would be one of the handful of people that would get you know, that I'd show up on that board and that maybe that's shallow, maybe that's vapid, maybe that shouldn't matter, but it's a career goal and so awful. Announcing stamping me as you know, the best was very nice and it was touching, and it was like it was kind of the culmination of last week ended up being a pretty random but very cool week for me. Oh I, you know, I mentioned it. On Tuesday. I was on Bill's pod for the first time ever, which was a career goal. I had the little moment on Levitard show that people seemed to really like, and so I started the week in a hospital bet on the show. So it was all really cool. So I appreciate that. So a fun kind of end of twenty twenty five. And you know the only thing that can make it better to Monday. If people subscribe to our YouTube channel and subscribe to us on iTunes and spot only, we would great. It's the only thing. We would greatly appreciate that, So thank you guys so very much. And then I might at some point in today's show or maybe it'll be better for next week. Oh, I'm glad I'm doing that as well. Next week's schedule the next two weeks because we usually do shows on Thursday. This year, Christmas Day is Thursday and New Year's Day is a course of Thursday. So each of the next two weeks we're gonna do our regular Tuesday show and then Wednesday we will drop our weekly gambling show, and so there will be two episodes a week instead of three episodes a week each of the next two weeks. But this week we have this show, obviously, and then tomorrow's gambling show. With all that said, let's get into one of the games of the year tonight.
Speaker 2: In the NFL Massive Game tonight, Rams Seahawks, with the one seed on the line, Rams are potentially playing without Devonte Adams. I think they should be playing without Devontae Adams, but with the stakes.
Speaker 1: Well, his hamstring three days ago, EI ask him to play on a Thursday be insane.
Speaker 2: With the stakes being clear, who would make a bigger statement in a win here?
Speaker 1: So, whoever wins this game will become the favorite in the NFC, whether they should or not, they because what it will mean for the one seed, And if the Rams win it, Seattle is basically eliminated from anything but a wild card, and they obviously would get a wild card. If Seattle wins it, it's a little trickier because then they'd have a split the they would have the same divisional record, and so we wouldn't know, you know, what would happen, except the Seattle would have the upperhand record wise. Here to me is the story of tonight's game. The story of tonight's game is Sam Donald must play well because Seattle's a really good team. I think they have an excellent coach. I know they have an excellent defense. Jackson Smith and Jigba's been the best receiver in football all year long, and Donald, to his credit, has been for the majority of the season excellent. Like he was excellent last year, he's been excellent this year. With that said, if Donald plays poorly tonight, absolutely no one will believe in the Seahawks, and I wonder if even internally there will be some doubt because and it's not fair entirely, it's not entirely unfair, but it's also not entirely fair that for Donald because Week eighteen last year, with the division on the line, you know, all of that on the line from Minnesota, he played poorly and then had the disastrous playoff game, and then this year their first game against the Rams, which is who the playoff game was, again he threw four picks. People are just ready for him to go pumpkin, and if he plays poorly again, no one's gonna believe in Seattle. But the flip side to that coin is this, if he tonight at home, in a standalone window, can bounce back and play not just fine, but really good, then you have to start looking at Seattle and saying, hold on a second, they're in the driver's seat for the one seed. They Darnald just kind of slayed the one team he has had so much struggle with, in the Rams. That defense at home in the playoffs with that crowd is going to be a monster for teams to deal with in one of the only stadiums left that has a real home field advantage, and that defense has been since they lost to the Bucks thirty eight to thirty five. They allowed twelve to the Jags, nineteen to the Texans, fourteen to the Commanders, twenty two to the Cardinals, But that's a misleading twenty two because that game they were up thirty eight to seven at half, and so you know they were in coast mode the rest of the way. Twenty four to the Titans. But another game that's a little misleading because they were up seventeen to three at the half, zero to the Vikings, nine to the Falcons, sixteen to the Colts, and the one loss in that stretch they allowed twenty one to the Rams in a game the defense was awesome to only allow twenty one because Darnold was so bad with the four picks. So that, to me, demand's is the flashing red light story for tonight. Can Donald play a high level game in a high leverage spot and really stamp Seattle as legitimate a list Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest question on the field, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So I know we got some follow ups here, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: So we've got the gambling show tomorrow. But in this game, where would you lean? With the line being Rams at Seahawks. Seahawks is one and a half my favorites.
Speaker 1: With all that said, I'd take the Rams because I don't trust Darnald, but like I A, the no DeVante matters, but the and the Rams had some travel issues which I don't love, especially on a short week. They had some issue with their playing. But I would I wouldn't. I'm not going to bet this game tonight. I don't feel so for the better quarterback here, but that yeah, and I do think the Rams are the better team. I think Seattle's excellent. I think the Rams are the best team all year. Keep going on this.
Speaker 2: Could do you think Stafford could lock up MVP before he even get to the Sunday of week fifteen or sixteen? Sorry?
Speaker 1: A monster Stafford game tonight in a win, and I think MVP is his Okay, the I mean his numbers this year are stunning in the overall. I mean thirty seven touchdowns, five picks he should hit or four thousand yards tonight, A one to twelve rating for a team that if they win. Demonsee is gonna have the best record in the entire NFC by themselves.
Speaker 2: That to me, I mean they came in and they were saying, the guy's shoulders messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's back shoulder, but mostly is back. Yeah. A huge win for the Amortal Chamber. Want to know where it's bet on sports during the holiday season. It's tard Rock Bet, not just because it's the presenting sponsor of our show, but because they make it easy to bet on my favorite teams, players and leagues in just a few simple taps, especially with the brand new for U page that recommends picks based on my favorites and who I like to bet on. I open the app, go to my for you page, find a bet I like, and then bam, my BET's placed, just in time for me to get back to wrapping presents and enjoying my favorite Christmas movie. Sign up today and bet five dollars on any game if it wins. You also score with one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. A winning bet plus an extra one hundred fifty dollars to bet with that is spreading holiday cheer, plus hard rock bet fields stockings with new promos daily, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All right, demand let's get to pats.
Speaker 2: Ravens Uh yeah, so Lamar Jackson's missing practice. I think he's sick again. It's that time of year. The Patriots are super relevant. Denver and Jacksonville are in the top teams of the AFC. You tie that in with Kansas City and Cincinnati missing the playoffs? Is there a new class of the AFC.
Speaker 1: So I listen, I don't. I think this is a weird year. Yeah, and in a lot of different ways, because it's not just the Chiefs, and we've talked of and every year there's big turnover, but there's not typically this level of turnover year to year. Where the the best teams in the NFL last year the teams and we've talked about this a bit, the twelve plus win teams last year, Detroit one fifteen. They're on the outside looking in on the playoffs. Kansas City won fifteen, they're eliminated from the playoffs, Minnesota one fourteen, they've been terrible, the More one twelve, they're on the outside looking in on the playoffs. The Commanders won twelve, They've had season from hell. The two to twelve plus win teams that have maintained some level is Philly, which I think it's fair to say is not the caliber of team they were last year. And Buffalo, which might be you know, Buffalo surging at the end of the year. So that part is uh. I have talked a lot about how This year reminds me a lot of eight sadly, in that the Patriots coming off the undefeated season, Brady blows out his knee, they missed the playoffs. Peyton Manning the with the Colts, they're a wild card team because the Tennessee Titans. God, I think that was the carry, was that Carrie Collins Tennessee Titans. They end up uh being the one seed overall the and it feels like there's a lot of upheaval, which then led to one of the weirdest Super Bowls ever where the Steelers make it, which isn't that weird, But they were pretty clear going into the season third choice if that in the AFC, behind the Patriots and the steel and the Colts, with really the Ravens being right there in that conversation. And then in the NFC, a nine win Arizona Cardinals team made it and that was that Super Bowl. So I say that because then the next year things kind of went back to normal. The Patriots won their division again, the Colts won fourteen games and won their division again. The Steelers ended up missing the playoffs. The in the NFC it Drew Brees and the Saints were dominant the so it was thing got back to normal to a degree. So this is a weird year and there are now you do have to take more seriously that young gun quarterback led teams in the AFC. But I don't think it's a full blown changing of the guard. So that's first of all. Now let's talk about this game specifically.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start with Lamar and I do not care if people think I'm a hater. I just don't. This is gonna sound that whatever. Gotta grow up. Man can't get sick every year in misswork. Just can't what other quarterbacks, demanse, what other quarterbacks? Since we've been doing the show, can you remember us talking about all critical playoff push time and he's sick again? I can't. It's it's every year.
Speaker 2: It's every year. I'm thinking, yeah, I'm thinking something else is going on, but uh but yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean every year gets every year when it gets called out if you're a pro athlete. He just can't. It's every year the guy is sick and we could you can't be like, ah, well, what does it matter? He plays on Sunday like missing practice this year has hurt him. He missed four weeks of practice with different injuries, or four weeks of in four weeks in a row. He missed a practice, he didn't was you know? Then last week he missed a practice because of a rest day. Yesterday flew like symptoms like I'm sorry, but I know that this is this is me being an old man, and I understand. I say this walking into it knowing that Ravens and Lamar fans are going to clip this and see it and say, this guy, he's the only quarterback in the league that would get criticized for getting sick. And it's like, you know what, that's true because it's every year the guy got COVID a dozen times and then and since then, every year has the seasonal flu. Can't have it. So that's like the I know I'm right. I don't care if it sounds bad. I know I'm right. So that's first of all. Second of all, I'm not sure whether or not Lamar healthy or not is back. This past week was such a weird game because he's a of twelve but it's for one hundred and fifty yards. But he threw one pick but that wasn't really his fault. But he also took four sacks, and four sacks when you throw twelve passes means sacked on the court of your dropbacks, so that part's a little concerning. Also, Pittsburgh winning all these games, these last couple of games has really put the Ravens behind the April. So none of that makes me feel good about Baltimore, which leads me to the Patriots. So go ahead and ask me the Patriots question. Because these two tie into each other.
Speaker 2: Should Patriots fans be concerned if they drop a second game in a row.
Speaker 1: Yes, because Baltimore is not that good. That's the I think that the Patriots were crushing these bad teams, and the one knock on him was you haven't played anybody, and they're like, but we played the Bills and we beat them, and then you're up twenty one nothing on the Bills and they walk you down and beat you. You then respond respond to that by Sunday Night Football National TV. A Ravens team that has been shaky, you lose that game, then, to me, I am putting you in the category of awesome season, something to build on, not real contender. Does that you seem like you think, I'm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the same thing with the Bills. How the Bills just came back and beat them just because I just think they're older guys. I think they're more experienced. Same thing with the Ravens. I think Patriot fans should be disappointed if they lose to the Ravens. It's a good squad. You've seen how Lamar Jackson play, and if Lamar Jackson comes back and he's good in this game, I think that it'd be pretty understandable.
Speaker 1: But I guess here's here's would be my counter to that. You're right, there's no shame in losing to Baltimore. It doesn't mean you're a bad team. But even your two playoff dress rehearsals, you play playoff caliber teams and you lose them both. Do I then think you're going to win three straight playoff games to make the Super Bowl? I don't. It's the Patriots, you know, fall to one in three on the year against teams above five hundred, which is what it would be.
Speaker 2: That's well because first you were saying, like all the Ravens are cheeks, like you know, if you can't if you lose to them.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's a bit of It's not that the race, and I won't call them that. I was born in the eighties. It's not that I think the Ravens are terrible. It's that the Ravens we have seen over the course of the season. I think it's fair to say they're not a great team, you know what I mean? Like, Ravens are a high upside team, but we just haven't seen that upside and even last week. The defense was awesome last week, but they scored seventeen offensive points against Cincinnati, Like, that's not a game that afterwards you're like, man, we are rolling. And so I'm very interested to see it. This game will be featured in Knicks Picks in tomorrow's show. Uh, all right, what other follow up you got before we move on?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you think that the Ravens are likely to get a head coach a new head coach next year for Lamar if they crap out this season.
Speaker 1: If they missed the playoffs. I think the hardball's out right. I just think that you can have a new team doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, team doctor as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, or maybe have Lamar put a cote on. I don't know, cold.
Speaker 2: Ones explain football outside. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about I don't I have a theory as to why Lamar gets sick so often, but I'm not sharing it.
Speaker 2: You don't think he addresses appropriately for the weather.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I I have a theory, but I'm not the I'm this is okay. It's too hot of a take, so I'm saving it. Let's go. Speaking of cold weather, let's go to green Bay, Chicago.
Speaker 2: So a few weeks ago, Caleb threw a game inning interception in green Bay. He gets his chance to get revenge back on green Bay this weekend. Jordan Loves looking been looking pretty shaky. He's throwing three interceptions and he only has six this whole year, in the last two over the last two weeks. Yeah, which quarterback do you trust more at this point of the season.
Speaker 1: Listen, I trust Jordan Love more, and I don't think Jordan Loves all that trustworthy. But I do think that he went the first dozen games of the year and only threw three picks, so I'm not going to kill him for the last couple of weeks. Like, and you know, one of them was an unbelievable play by Pat Sartan, Just an unbelievable play. Another one got popped up in the middle of the field. So I think Caleb has higher upside than Jordan Love. I think Caleb has showed you, you know that he is starting to put it together, because the second half of that game against Green Bay, he was awful in the first half, and then in the second half of that game two weeks ago, he was sensational and then he threw a game losing pick.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's weird, like he had been so good better over there in Chicago. It just seems like this.
Speaker 1: And also I think that's the Ben and Caleb getting on the same page, winning the run game, rolling defense, forcing these turnovers, and green Bay Mike is down done for the year, and it's just devastating. Yeah, And is.
Speaker 2: It surprising to you that they're favored in this game going down?
Speaker 1: Vegas still really likes Green Bay and doesn't really like the Bears, and I understand it to it like the Bears. Caleb has not been steady enough this year to where you fully trust him in a big spot.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: With that said, finished the game against Green Bay, as I mentioned, playing great, made the one mistake, played awesome the whole game against Cleveland, and I know Cleveland's weird because Cleveland's a bad team, but the defense isn't bad and Caleb was excellent. If he then follows that up with a great game against the Packers, then you do feel like, oh man, he is peaking at the exact right time as we head into the postseason. And by the way, the Bears the Bears. Right now, everything feels all good. You lose this game and things start to get very you start to get very well. It's not just ceiling. It is ten and four going to become ten and seven and miss the playoffs. So here's why. I know that sounds crazy, but demon's say, here's their again. If they lose this game, here's their next two at the Niners home for the Lions in Week eighteen, a Lions team that could right well definitely is going to be fighting for their lives. I mean, while let me praise it the Lions' best case scenarios, they're fighting for their lives. But so the Lions have home stealers this week, then at the Vikings on Christmas. Do we think the Lions are going to win those two games? They're favored in both of them, so that puts them at ten and six. The Lions annihilated the Bears earlier this year fifty two to twenty one. So if you're if you're Chicago, you if you lose this game, you run the very real possibility of running into the Lions when you're both ten and six and the final playoff spot is on the line, And so that would be my that would be my concern. And I'm trying to see what the playoff who do they think? Oh, it's the Packers, That's what it was, because I was trying to see even if the because even if the Bears win this game, demanse and you feel like, oh, then they're eleven and four, they're golden. Yeah, but they play the Niners and then the Lions. If they were to lose both of those games and fall to eleven and six, the Lions can get to eleven wins, the Niners would be at at least eleven wins, and those teams have the tiebreakers over them, so you feel like, oh, man, would they be in trouble there? But I think the answer to that question is, as I'm doing it kind of in real time right now, is if the team, if the Lions, you know, rally down the stretch, the team that would be at risk of being on the outside looking in would actually be green bet and that would be a devastating spot. So like this, the NFC playoff picture is tight, really unsettled. As far as the three NFC North teams, all three of them could still, in theory win the division. The Lion's shot of winning the division is very slim, but like I think it's like twenty percent, and all three of them could miss the playoffs. And so Packers Bears becomes just one of the biggest games of the year. And obviously Shaane Mike is not going to be there, and I'm very curious see what Caleb looks like. Excuse me in that game. All right, guys, I told you guys about this the other day. But on Sunday, Nick's Heat, my wife's store, Trentage, is having a little Trinage Christmas party for the employees, and we got tickets to that game through our friends at seat geek, sponsor of today's video. I am a longtime user of seat geek. When we went to Lakers who they play Lakers MAVs the day after Thanksgiving, seatgee cooked us up. Whenever I go to the US Open, seat geek cooks US up and with over thirty five million downloads, seat geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals and more. And right now sports out of Control NFL get into the Strutch run college football playoff starting this weekend. NBA of course back and you can even get World Cup tickets on seat geek. You guys, I've shown it to you before. There's the app you pull up, so like Knicks games, how many tickets you need? Big green dots mean those are good deals, Little red dots means find a different ticket. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course I've got a code for you guys. You can use code RT ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code right ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you to our great friends at seat geek. All right, deman, say, let's talk a sneaky huge game in the AFC H.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my Jags have been humming. Offense is looking great, defense holding up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just call them your jazz solid team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're your Jags. They've been. But they got Denver this week. Well obviously has that excellent defense. How high would your confidence be if Trevor came out of this game and dealt with that defense with a win.
Speaker 1: Oh here's the thing. It's not just that my confidence would be high. They win this game. They are super alive, demands to be the one seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their next two colts Titans.
Speaker 1: So let's just go ahead and ship them those wins. Then all you need is for Denver to slip up one once in the final two weeks. Now, that's gonna be hard to do because Denver faces what's less left of the Chiefs on Christmas and then the Chargers in a game the Chargers might not need. So in that reguard that you know that it's unlikely that Denver falls, you know, loses one of those two games, but it's possible. The other thing for the Jags is this, and I do think for Trevor in particular, that matters. If they win this game, they have a great chance of not necessarily getting the buye but being the two seed, So why does that matter. I don't think Trevor and this Jags offense, which also is a super potent, wants to go to New England or I guess in theory Buffalo in round two, like they want it in Florida, like that is where for this team. I think staying out of the cold as long as possible is a real benefit. And Denver it just came off it's best game of the year, and Denver is playing it's best football of the year. And I've talked about this enough. No one can say I'm running from it. I am staring in the face potentially being as wrong about Denver as I've been about any team. Going from where I was on them going into the year to the end of the year. You can say, you know, it's kind of Denver and the Raiders right now are the Raiders though I was just stone wrong on but and maybe the audience agrees with me on this, I don't know. I feel like a team that everyone expects to be bad, that you think can be good and then they end up being bad is not as embarrassing a type of wrong as a team that a lot of people think can be really good. Everyone thinks will be kind of good, and you're like, they're gonna stink, and then that team ends up being awesome. That's like the most embarrassing type of wrong. And that's what I'm say staring at with Denver. Uh i uh. But if the Jags go to Denver and win that game, you have to start opening up the possibility that don't know why the Super Bowl, Yes, yeah, that don't know why. It took Trevor this long for it to click in for him. But post Thanksgiving, he's got ten touchdowns, no picks, they're scoring thirty five a game. He's been awesome and they Liam Cohen has just done an awesome job and so and Trevor, by the way, was not playing very well earlier in the year. They were winning earlier in the year despite him, and so this would be obviously just a massive, massive win. Now, the flip side is this, they lose this game Demanse and it becomes on the board that the Texans run them down for the division. So like that's the that's the other. So this is a huge we're talking about could the playoffs go through Jacksonville, could they be the two seed. The flip side to all of that is, if they lose this game, the Texans path to winning the division opens up quite a bit. And so they did split, and it's a bad split because the Jags beat them early and then when they played again, that was the game the Jags were up twenty six to nothing entering the fourth quarter against Davis Mills and they lost that game.
Speaker 2: So you know that is heavily of note.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's a huge spot. I mean, it's just an absolutely huge spot that because had they just held onto that game demanse, then they would be playing this weekend to be the one seed. They would be eleven and three, Denver's sitting at twelve and two, and then you beat Denver and get the tiebreaker and basically lock up the one seed. So yeah, that loss is brutal for them. But aside from that game, the Jags have been what they here's what they've done since that game. They beat the Chargers by twenty nine, a pretty lucky, ugly overtime win against Arizona, annihilated the Titans, annihilated the Colts, annihilated the Jets. Now, if you're looking at that, I mean, like, that's a lot of bad teams, agreed. But early in the year, they beat Houston, they beat San Francisco, they beat Kansas City. There they have the best if such a thing exists in the NFL. They have the best losses this year. As far as who they played, they lost to Cincinnati in Week two when Burrow was still there. They but I guess Browning, you know, Burrow got hurt in that game. They lost to Seattle, they lost to the Rams, they lost to the Texans, So they don't have they haven't lost to any awful yeah, Natio, but Cincinnati was with Burrow at least he Burrow started that game and they so this is massive spot for them. And on the Broncos side of things, I mean, they've just been excellent all year. I just I gotta call it like it is, and they've just been excellent all year. Hey guys, are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro designing the most powerful iPhone ever? But you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store transferring all your data? Good news, when you order a new phone online with Boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your Homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Deliver available for select devices purchased at boost mobile dot Com. Terms do apply. All right, demand, let's go to the listener questions. Uh, because we're gonna get to these the other games we didn't talk about today and the gambling show. All right, let's get the listener questions.
Speaker 2: So the producers ask what happened that with these are the producers, what happen what happens if Jake Paul versus Anthony Joshua this weekend? Well you have to say, so.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing right now, and maybe the producers can put in there what this is on hard rock At the moment last I saw it, It's like Jake Paul's like around eight to one, I think, and Joshua was like minus twelve hundred. Yeah if this is eight, oh, hold on, and so Paul is, I mean, this is crazy. So Jake Paul's five minutes, So it moved Jake Paul's five and a half to one, and Anthony Joshua's only minus eight hundred. I I don't want to tell people to bet this because the fact that there is a line and the fact that it's not Joshua minus forty thousand makes me worried that this is a work and not a real boxing match. If this is a real boxing match, I would put every dollar I have available to me on Anthony Joshua minus eight hundred. I would I if this is if you were to if someone were to con like, tell me beyond a shadow of a doubt that this there isn't this isn't you know, just made for TV. There isn't something worked out behind the scenes that this fight is on the level, I, honest to god, would feel comfortable. I I would bet if I could get if I could get the bet down, I would put eighty thousand dollars on Anthony Joshua and just take the free ten and be annoyed. I didn't put more down like I I'm gonna reach out. I'm gonna tower by boxing expert Nick Shulman, because I've got to imagine, like he I, if he has bet this game, I could see I bet this fight. I could see Nick putting considerably more down than what I just said. Like just all the cash he has access to if he thinks it's real, Like this feels like a once in a lifetime gambling opportunity. And mine is eight hundred right and minus eight hundred. It's a lot of Jews. But that's still a twelve and a half percent return on your money. Twelve and a half percent. People kill for that in the stock market over a year. Just get it in a night. With that said, I don't trust it. I would trust it more if it was Joshua minus fifty thousand, minus eight hundred. I I don't know, man, that feels duels. Something feels weird, and so I I. But but if it's a.
Speaker 2: Really put a little taste on Paul plus five point fifty.
Speaker 1: No, see, no way, no way. I'm not betting a fight that I can I'm not making a bet that I can only win if it's rigged. I'm just I'm just not doing that. Uh, Paladine says, Duval, welcomes you on the wagon for the playoffs. Uh, let's get the you know what, great take Dusty's watching, I'm sure Dusty hubbs. He says, we should get the Prince or Liam Cullen on the show. Absolutely get him on the show, and Daytona's asked as Herbert finally get a playoff win. I mean if they if they draw the Steelers, maybe against anyone else. I don't believe in them. Reminder, everybody like rate subscribe review to the show. Gambling show Uh coming up tomorrow, so check that out there. Huge thing thanks to Volume and to Blue Duck and of course our wonderful sponsors hard Rock Bet, our friends at Boost, our friends at seat Geek, and the great people at Zen. See you guys tomorrow. What's right