Speaker 1: What's that a bed? It's spooky, Hey jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I ghosted I nadas please hey boo, It's me Raz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the para normal. Today I am talking to the hilarious comedian Mo Welch. I can't wait to get into that. But first I've got a listeners story, and it's a cryptid story. Oh what's that over there? I've never seen something like that? Is it real? I don't know cryptids?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: This story comes from Zaya. Zia writes, My story began as a basic camping trip in New Mexico. It was a place I had been about three times a year for many years. This trip was in late spring. I was with one other person, and neither of us believed in the paranormal until this night. I would like to preface with that, as well as the fact that I grew up in the mountains and am extremely familiar with all the wildlife in the area. There aren't that many large animals. You have your moose, elk, mountain lions, etc. But all the animals are so fucking obvious, like you see them and you know what they are. So the two of us were camping in a spot I had frequented every summer for years. We arrived at our secluded campsite along the river around five pm and we set up camp with my dog. We had eaten dinner and had just opened a beer each, only one beer. We were not on drugs or drunk or anything, but I wanted to mention the beer for complete clarity and honesty. Thank you, sayah, we believe you. The person I was with was facing the river behind me, while I was facing the road behind him, with a fire in between us. My dog was laying on the ground next to us. She is a big, old, strong and top girl. She is very alert and aware of what is around her, but she was just chilling. Suddenly I looked across the fire and I saw my friend's eyes go wide, and I saw something moving behind him. At first I thought it was the dog, but she was still laying on the ground. I could see her in my peripheral. The movement behind my friend became more apparent, and I watched as something ran out of the trees and into the light of the fire. It stopped right in the middle of the road, directly in the fire light, and it looked me right in the eyes, standing on all fours. It was almost as tall as our jeep. It had long, thin legs that ended in more hooves than feet. Its skin was light gray or white. It had no hair, and it had a deany head for its body size that was completely rounded on the top, with huge black holes for eyes. I could see each of its ribs in such detail. I couldn't move, you know, fight or flight. No one mentions freezing in place. I was paralyzed and couldn't move if my life depended on it. It stared for a moment and ran off in a circular path around us. I could not speak or move. I was frozen. What felt like a few minutes later, I looked at my friend and he looked at me. At the same time. We both said it's time to go to bed, and we yelled for the dog and silently ran to the tent. I don't think either of us slept that night. We watched the same movie he had downloaded on his phone like eight times just to have sound. The next day, I went out to look for tracks and just saw weird little circles in the ground, but nothing out of the ordinary. Besides that, neither my friend nor I said a word outside of the ordinary for the next few days while we stayed there. Our friends joined us the next day and we did not say a word. As soon as we left the site, and we're about twenty minutes away, we both looked at each other and said, I have something to tell you. Turns out behind me, floating above the water. He saw a huge glowing ball of light floating above the water and lighting up its surroundings, as he described it, while behind him I saw the creature. They moved in unison and came at the exact same moment. I took it as a lesson, that being, if you see something scary in front of you, turn around, because there might be something scary behind you too. Be aware of your surroundings. We are both believers now and have been back to that site tons of times to try and investigate. I've dedicated so much of my free time trying to figure out what I saw. I would love some input about what it was. Okay, and Ziah attached a drawing of Yeah, it looks exactly like what you described. Oh my god, to be an attach First of all, I would have been in the jeep so quick, and then you stay there for a few days. Good for you. I'm gonna say people are going to go with skin walker. That sounds a lot like what people describe as a skin walker. However, I don't know, maybe it's something else, but I believe there's been sightings of that in New Mexico, sort of a shape shifter creature often seen on all fours. Yeah, I mean it sound that's what it sounds like, but wow, with the light accompanying it, very strange but very cool. And I'm so happy it didn't attack you or anything. It just seems nice, isn't It seems like what's going over there? Anybody got any smores? No, no s'mores for me? Okay, Well, I'm just gonna scurry on out of here. You made a friend. I think that's a lovely story, and thank you for sharing that. Okay, let's talk to Moe Welch and with the show. Oh my god, Mo Welch is here. Hello, Hi boo. Sorry, okay, now are you already booing?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Am? I bombing on my own podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that what ghosts are doing? Are they just bombing us in real life?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They're heckler Ooh bad bad life choice for sure. Okay, something happened that I think was synchronostic. You got on this zoom and as soon as I looked at my phone, I got liked un hinge by someone named mo Incredible who wrote, hello beautiful, and that's me.
Speaker 2: As you can see, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's you. It is also a different spelling of mom. But I'm gonna say that's something.
Speaker 2: Listen, I lean into that sort of thing. I might not believe in ghosts, as I said, I was open to it, but I definitely that energy thing or stuff that happens like that. I'm like, that's gotta be something.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. I like that about you because I first heard that you don't believe in ghosts, which I'm like, okay, here we go. Are we gonna? Are we gonna get into it? Is this gonna be a confrontation? No, I'm never trying to convince any I don't even know how much I believe in ghosts, to be honest with you, I just like the possibility of it because if there wasn't a possibility of it, I wouldn't have a career.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that that's why people go to religion. It's like you want to believe there's something else out there and that we're going to go somewhere after. We're gonna haunt some people, We're gonna you know, like anything to grab onto. But from a young age, played in the cemetery. Became a realist, real young and it ruined me.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, so never for a second you were like there could be dead people walking around.
Speaker 2: I think I've always been open to it, Like I you know, maybe I want it too bad and that's my problem. Yeah, there's no chase for the ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's not fun. It's too thirsty. They don't want it. It's how I feel about mao on Hinge. Yeah, I gotta let him want it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I can't just reply right away.
Speaker 2: He's clearly thirsty.
Speaker 1: I can't be like, Hi, this is crazy. The craziest thing. I was just on a zoom with someone else's name, mo this is meant to be Like No, I gotta make him want it.
Speaker 2: You're like, also, I have a podcast, and if you could just like leave a five star review, then I'll think about going on.
Speaker 1: A daily Yeah, yeah, I might as well work it. Why not? So you grew up in Illinois? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was born in Normal, Illinois, which is a real place.
Speaker 1: Is there a reason that it has that name?
Speaker 2: I always thought it was suspicious, But I don't know why. There's a lot of there's like a lot of farmland outside of Normal. I mean, like, I had all the opportunities to have like a great ghost populated childhood, all these cornfields. We always lived by the cemetery, We played in the cemetery every season in the cemetery, and still nothing. And I do think it might be because I was too thirsty for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why a ghost would want to haunt a cemetery. To be honest, though, M like because if you think about it, if we go by like the modern or just like the regular old theories of ghosts, it's usually like where they died or a place that they loved that they want to go back to. I guess I could see a scenario where they're carrying the body to the cemetery and then the ghost is like wait, wait, wait, don't put me down there? Yet and then they just like stay like a part of them just doesn't go into the ground. Maybe, but like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really that's a really good point. Like I guess if I were to become a ghost, I well, you know, maybe i'd finally use my gym membership. Maybe I'd haunt the gym I go to equinox.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you wouldn't have to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd haunt everybody. Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't even want to haunt my house. It's like I would haunt a comedy club. I do think the Improv Lab is possibly haunted.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Hollywood Improv Lab, Yes, in Los Angeles, California. I have talked to Rita from the Improv she has come on this podcast. I've talked to a few sources, yes, that believe that that building is haunted.
Speaker 2: So even though I don't believe it, I do have that where I go. I've bombed too many times in this room for it not to be haunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or it could just be an energy thing where your energy and that room don't mix for some reason. Yes, I have a place like that in town.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: The lyric Hyperion?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was just there.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've never done well there.
Speaker 2: Okay. I was just saying, how it's a good room even if there's twelve people, So maybe my energy is good.
Speaker 1: There Improv Lab. Weirdly, I usually do.
Speaker 2: Alright, we just need to switch up those energies. Maybe because the improv Lab when I moved here was it looked like a black box theater. The stage is like you walk into those doors, it's like straight ahead, so it's not to the left. Word is now there's no bar in there. And I used to do shows there all the time. I did a show where you had to say, like, hello, my name is you had to put one of those tags on and I thought, you know, would be really funny if I tried to bring back the word see you ety And I said, I think I'm going to bring back that word. So I go, it's pretty funny if I just put that on there and said Hello, my name is see you next Tuesday. I don't know what I can see any podcasts. So I had that on Huge earthquake during the show. Huge huge, like one of the biggest that I've felt in LA in my twelve years, huge one. And I was like, what if this building fell down and everyone was like the police and stuff were like, well, this is great. They have name tags on so we know who they are. Like, this is gonna make it really easy. And then they find me and they're like, is a cunts mom around?
Speaker 1: And as it goes, every time people would see you, they would see that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I would have had to be that forever until someone solved my mystery my death.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wait, let's go back to this like idea of like synchronousity. So you believe in that you read into that kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: I do feel like there is like I don't know what it is, like energy or whatever. When you're thinking about somebody and then all of a sudden they like call you for the first time in a long time. There's some sort of energy there that I do enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's kind of putting you on the spot. But is there any scenarios you can think of where stuff like that has lined up?
Speaker 2: Or Yeah? One time, so I had a friend that died when we were nineteen, and so when I was that age and I was living with my mom, I was like so heartbroken about it, and so I thought about her all night and I was just like, just show me a sign. If you're out there, just give me a sign. Give it god, if you're just being the most dramatic, like everyone's watching me on the Truman Show. And and then like a minute later, I looked at my phone. The alarm went off and it said her name. It wasn't her calling. It was like an alarm I had set at some point for something and it said her name. And I was like, holy shit, And like obviously I remember that from when I was nineteen, so it stuck with me.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like, listen, it gets weird when you're talking about like people that you love to be like they're a ghost or whatever. But like that's like a ghost experience, right, It.
Speaker 2: Felt like something enough that it's in. I mean, to have something that I remember when I was nineteen. You know, you're like, well that's one of the memories. Got like five of them.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of resurrection? Mary? Have you ever heard of Hamburger? Mary?
Speaker 2: Yes, now we're talking.
Speaker 1: That's a drag queen dining experience.
Speaker 2: Chain any shows at a Hamburger Barry?
Speaker 1: Have you me too? Oh my god? Yes, This is very different. This is Resurrection Mary. And I did a little bit of research and I wanted to tell you about Resurrection Mary because honestly I was not that familiar with her and talk about legendary. She has been around for years in the Justice, Illinois area.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wonder where that is?
Speaker 1: Southwest of Chicago. Okay, looks like it's just outside of Chicago. So this is primarily centered around resurrection cemetery.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Most of the research that I found came from this article from twenty twenty two on Chicago's the Chicago History Museum website. So basically, it's kind of like an urban legend situation. Did you have any urban legends in normal Illinois?
Speaker 2: Not that I recall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean a lot of towns have them, not always, but it's it's usually very similar to this story like this one you hear all around the world, which is basically a hitchhiking ghost is what they call it. So basically the story, it's believed that she was this real woman that died when she was in her twenties or thirties. There's a couple of stories that people think she was out at the club one night dancing in like the twenties or thirties. She's out there, you know, shaking it and then she's walking home along the road and then gets hit by a car or some other people say that it was just some other lady that was like a hit and round whatever. Either way, a car apparently killed this woman. So they say that she was a white woman, approximately twenty years old, looking snatched in a white flowy gown with accessories like fully done up. What's interesting is that she can leave the property. It's this one road, Archer Road in Justice, Illinois. She's mainly around this resurrection cemetery, but she gets a visitor passed and she'll go off property and she goes out to local clubs, meets fella's, she goes home with them, and then disappears in their car.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. So she goes home with them but stays in the car.
Speaker 1: She'll be like, can I have a red home? And they're like, okay, I know what that means. And then they start driving her and then they go past the cemetery and they're like, so, anyway, what are your thoughts on politics? And then they like look and she's.
Speaker 2: Gone, wow, yeah, okay, And these men are these men are coming from the bar, so they're definitely clear headed when they tell the story.
Speaker 1: Don't take the fun out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: So there once was a place called Oh Henry's. It was an old club, and it's believed that that's where she spent her last night, and people see her in that area all the time. They say that she was buried in Resurrection Cemetery and in the town. She's like a little celebrity. There's drinks named after her. She's got songs named after her. There's been a couple of low budget movies, but most famously, she was on a couple of segments of the original version of the TV show Unsolved Mysteries, Oh, which I looked up and I watched this one episode from season six, and in it, they've got a couple of people on record telling stories, and there's a man that says that in nineteen seventy nine, he was a cab driver. He was about a mile from the cemetery and he's lost and he sees this woman and she's in all white and she's like walking up the road all alone, and he's like, hey, can you tell me where to go or whatever. He's like, I'll give you a ride wherever you need, and then she gets in the car. He looks back and she vanishes. David Blaine's style. This other inner from Unsolved Mysteries, there's this man that apparently they say they them say that this was the first appearance of Mary. So this guy in nineteen thirty nine, this guy's at this club and he calls himself a ladies man and he sees this fine honey in the club and she's all alone, and he's like, you want to dance, and so they do. They make small talk and she's like, oh, yeah, I live like in the south side of town. And he notices that her hands are freezing, and he's like, okay, we got to get that circulation flowing, honey. But he doesn't think much of it. So then he's like, can I give you a ride home? And then she's like okay, and then she's like, let's go down Archer Road and he's like, you don't live over here, and then as soon as they get to the cemetery, she's like stop. She gets out of the car and vanishes. Chris's Angels style. So he says that the next day, he went to where she said she lived and he's knocking on. One woman answers a door and she's like, Mary died five years ago. There's also a couple that's in the episode that go on record and they say they saw her. She was very bright, she looked like she was illuminated from within, and she had no face. And there's also a lady and her friend that say they were driving down the road and they saw her run right in front of the car, but there was no impact. Many people believe it was this lady named Mary Bragovi who died in nineteen thirty four in a car accident, but there's no exact identity of who Resurrection Mary is. And one day justice will be served justice Illinois.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really give her props for going meeting a guy, getting a free ride, like hell yeah, not even hooking up with these guys and being like I'm getting my ride home, drop me off at the cemetery. See you never thanks for the dance.
Speaker 1: I know. She's like I could float back, or I could have somebody, you know, maybe they might have like some heat in their car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, my uber app's actually broken right now, So this mean a lot. Just strap me off at the cemetery.
Speaker 1: So realistically speaking, not even hypothetically, you never know this could happen. You're back in Illinois, you take a wrong turn, you're by yourself down a street and you see this woman and all what And I'm sorry, But if you see someone fully done up in a dress and accessories and it's nighttime and they're just all alone on a long stretch of a street, I'm already like, what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This is like runaway bride. I'm not like it's eerie. Seriously, if I saw that, I'd be like, I'll call the cops, but you're not getting in my car. Yeah, although I have picked up a hitchhiker, but it was daytime. Like if it were daytime, I think I would pick someone up. Hey can I get a ride to Normal? And I'm like, I'm going there anyway. Happen, honey, good for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would at this point in time. I'm so scared of these damn people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always scared. Like it's hard to go in public because I always think I'm gonna be like on somebody's TikTok so I'd be afraid that she's like got some sort of prank show happening.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, seriously, welcome back to Resurrection, Mary talk.
Speaker 2: What would you do if if if a woman were on a street and she had a white dress on, Well, let's see and if they pick me up, I'm going to give them five hundred dollars. That's what they don't.
Speaker 1: Know, honestly. She now that I'm thinking about it, she was blonde. Maybe we get you a white dress and we get you out there.
Speaker 2: I would love it.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: I would love to be I could be marry yeah, except you know, I'd be like, no, I'm twenty. No, no, I'm twenty. I just like I've gotten a lot of sun I'm twenty that obviously I'm twenty.
Speaker 1: Stop. You could pull it off, for sure. I kind of believe in this one though, especial seeing these people talking about it.
Speaker 2: They seemed credible when you were watching.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could argue anybody's credible or not credible, but these people were convinced, and like the one, two of the scenarios were women who I'm sorry, I believe a little bit more than you're right, Like a guy that was out drinking and it's like, Okay, this girl disappeared. That's why I never hooked up with her. She disappeared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, if they're talking shit on Resurrection Mary, you have to understand that Justice sounds like a small town. Their economy is going down in the dumps, and listen. I just want to say I'm not trying to take the fun out of it, because I do want I want to be Resurrection Mary in the next TV show about her. But I do think they have to think about the key chains and the drinks and the T shirts that they sell. Chicago does the same thing with al Capone and just like yeah, you know, they have to be like no, no, no, it's cool. It was cool that he's a mobster and he murdered all these people because we have to stay in business with these mob tours and merch right, So I appreciate the business sense as an entrepreneur myself being a comedian, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yeah, I mean it's harmless for the most part. I think it's just some lady down the street. When I was watching the Unsolved Mysteries, apparently, I think she's been on like two episodes and the one I was like, Okay, that is Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives, like the lady that was playing her, but I could not confirm that. But then I found an IMDb for another episode where Resurrection Mary was on, and it's this actress, and so I clicked on her profile. She also played Resurrection Mary and the Resurrection Mary movie.
Speaker 2: Wow, So is she still acting?
Speaker 1: She's acting?
Speaker 2: She does Roves or did Mary haunt her career?
Speaker 1: Now she resurrected her Honey, she's out there getting booked and blast, so good for her.
Speaker 2: Yes. When I was in college, I worked for the radio station and I worked the graveyard shift, and they would always have those people calling in on coast to coasts that had seen all the UFOs and all the ghosts and stuff, and it was hard for me to find them credible, although I wanted to, but it was hard because, you know, it sounded like it was an afterthought. They'd tell you a whole story and then they'd be like, oh, yeah, and by the way, I saw UFO my front yard, all right, thanks for having me by.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what people gain from that, Like, I guess it's just fun.
Speaker 2: It is fun to listen to. I mean, it is for sure entertaining.
Speaker 1: I'm always like a little bit more suspicious when it's like people are trying to sell their story to a big movie company to turn into something like when money starts getting involved, That's when I'm like, is this real or you just making this whole thing up? Yeah, But I'm like, if it's a good story, it's a good story. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I try to call my mom so busy for me. Tried to call her before the podcast because I was like, I wonder if my mom believes in ghosts. I've never asked her that, And you know, she grew up Catholic, and then I was baptized Catholic, but we were like, we kind of went to Lutheran and all that, so we're Catholic light not really religious. Then my grandma's super religious. So she's out to lunch with my grandma and I was like, do you believe in ghosts? And my mom was like, I want to believe in ghosts, And I was like, okay, great, so we're the same. And then my grandma chimes in and says, oh, I believe in ghosts, and there's a ghost with a bowler hat who lives in our house.
Speaker 1: So and I do.
Speaker 2: Find that interesting that. I mean, like this doesn't have to be the the intersection for everybody. But I was like a lot of the people that I know that do believe in ghosts are also really religious, and I know that that's not the I know that, like the people in La that I know it's that's not the case. But the people back home that I know religion and then believe in normal stuff and my grandma loves zodiac science and all of that.
Speaker 1: I think that it's a foundation. A lot of times, it gets you early on into this idea that there's more than meets the eye, or there's like believing in higher powers and miracles and like all of these things, because it's told to you by adults that are like, this is a fact. Actually, this is not a fairy tale. This is real, that these certain things can happen. I mean, so many of the people that we talked on this podcast grew up Catholic, and mainly Catholic, the paranormal believers, it seems. But yeah, it's like I don't I'm not Catholic at all anymore, but I still have stuff that's like deep in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love the idea of but yeah, I mean that's why we love the idea of believing. It's like Santa Claus. Love it.
Speaker 1: What about Santa Claus isn't not real?
Speaker 2: Well? Shit, sorry forretend I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Are you implying?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, he is real and actually he's really hot. That's the thing. That's the only thing they get wrong about him is that he is fucking dripping and sweat because he's working out so much and he's hot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay, seance off. Yeah, yeah, what's in those cookies? So what do you think about a haunted doll? Do you think that a doll could be haunted?
Speaker 2: I fucking hope. So now this is what I like. And I love the movie. I love where this is going for film.
Speaker 1: You like Annabelle? Oh you know what.
Speaker 2: I did see Annabelle, and I thought Chucky was a little too. I don't know, I Chucky isn't believable to me because I think it does have to be an old porcelain female doll, or maybe like a cabbage patch doll will be fun.
Speaker 1: Well, Chucky is a situation where a murderer did some kind of. I believe it's implied as voodoo, which I think is offensive to people that practice for But he somehow set a spell and then got inside of this doll. So now an active serial killer just lives in a doll, right, which. I spent a lot of time on eBay looking at haunted dolls. I know this community inside and out, and I spend hours trying to find ones to feature every week on the show. Usually the story goes that a person once lived and then they died. They were given certain options at death, I think where they said Heaven, Hell, eBay, doll, Which one do you want? They chose the third, and that's how we end up here. It's time for a segment I call the dolls are living? Okay, Jiha, could you please show MO and I Jackie wowo. Jackie's got some bisexual lighting on her. She knows her angles. She is looking up in the air at something. It's not good whatever she's looking at. She has got like a nineties kind of sun hat, kind of blossom. Yes, she's got what we need always, which is a kind of roughly white dress. Little resurrection Mary. Yes, does this scare you?
Speaker 2: Here's what's alarming to me, the right hand is disjointed. There's something happening. The hands are too long and realistic for me. And she doesn't have shoes on, so maybe this is Resurrection Mary. Should I have any shoes on? She's walking in the street with her white dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Resurrection Mary. Didn't have a hat, which I don't know. Maybe she could use a hat. But I say, Resurrection Mary and Jackie team up. There's your sitcom. Yeah, let me tell you about Resurrection Jackie. Because she comes with a biography that somebody on eBay wrote. She knows her worth. She is going for two hundred and fifty dollars or best offer. They are not taking bids on this. They say two hundred and fifty is what we are looking for. The person that writes this says that she is the spirit of a very friendly Irish lady who also lived Now this is kind of ironic. I didn't choose this. But she's from the Chicago area and she lived there from nineteen twenty five till nineteen seventy. And this vessel, as they referred to her, was found in a garage that was collapsing and it was scheduled to be raised. She was packed inside one of the many boxes that were scattered through the structure. The house that shared the same property of the garage was the scene of a very active haunting for years, and the owner pinned down the disturbances to this doll and promptly removed it from the home and put it in the garage. But this didn't slow Jackie down for a minute, as she continued to make herself known to anyone who ventured out into the garage. She produces disembodied giggles, extreme cold spots, sudden and uncomfortable pressure changes, shadows, and the feeling of being watched. Her beautiful eyes follow you everywhere, and occasionally she likes to poke people. She hides things quite often and leaves the refrigerator door open sometimes anyway. Basically, they believe it's this lady Jackie, who died of natural causes at the age of eighty two. Ultimately, she's a positive haunting. She's very kind, She's happy to have company and to help others. You can smell different perfumes coming off of her. You know, doesn't sound like one of the worst ones I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I just love the gas lighting of like it feels like when you're in a bad relationship and you're like no, no, he's like really positive and he's like a pretty nice guy. I'm just gonna use a guy for this one. He's like a pretty nice guy. He does poke me a lot, and he leaves the refrigerator door open, and we had to put him in the garage because he was haunting us.
Speaker 1: But he's very positive.
Speaker 2: I do think, Okay, if they know the doll, if they know Jackie is haunted, you know, the decision to just say, let's just put her in the garage instead of get her off the premises, that makes me believe that they really do enjoy Jackie. So maybe maybe she is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not that bad. But also, who's paying for this refrigerator bill? Okay, you can't just leave that open?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's she doing in the refrigerat? I love how it's implied, like when she goes in there to get a lacroix, she sometimes forgets to shut it, like.
Speaker 2: That's why her hand is all messed up. She can open it, but like the wait is too much for this little horse Lindall to close it. She did it once and it did that to her hand.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well for two hundred and fifty dollars. If anyone wants Jackie, she's there for the taking. Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP or ev pase. Have you ever heard the term EVP. No, it stands for electronic voice phenomena. So basically, when a ghost hunter captures a ghost speaking, they call it EVP. And they could capture it with any kind of recording device. Really, it could be on a video or you know, with an audio recorder whatever. A lot of times people will put these on YouTube or TikTok and I find them and I'm going to play you two of them, and I want you to tell me what you think it might say, and then I'll give you four options, one of them being what the person that posted it believes it is saying. Now, this particular clip, I was trying to see if there were any from Resurrection Mary Area, and I did find a compilation video of alleged EVPs that have happened there. It was posted by Chicago Land Halloween. It doesn't really say who recorded these, but they're like vintage EVPs. This first one is from nineteen eighty five, right around the area of the cemetery. What is this ghost saying? Okay, whisper, let me play it again. Yeah, let me tell you, this is one of the better ones we've had on this show. We play it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have an idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think.
Speaker 2: At the beginning, it sounds like they're saying, there we go, uh huh, there we go. But then I can't really I don't know what happens after that. It's almost like their phone dropped.
Speaker 1: I know you're right.
Speaker 2: Wait, there we go than a fax machine the sound of a fact. Okay, this is babies.
Speaker 1: Well, here's some options. Is it A you know my sister, right, B there you go see you at night?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is it C?
Speaker 1: There's no more go to the light? Or D I don't know, just bring me a sprite. Okay, they're trying to get that first quenched. Any of those stand out to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna have to say B. Although don't we all want it to be C.
Speaker 1: There's no more go to the light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's better for the script.
Speaker 1: It really is, but they believe it was B. Okay, there you go see you at night. Okay, now that we know that, oh, I get hear a cee you at night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can hear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this next one is from nineteen ninety one. What is it saying? Okay, this is a very different one. Yes, it's a little bit. It sounds like, ooh, what a mota bang bang. It's like that kind of.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was one of the first recordings of olymp Biscuit song or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was the demo for uh kid Rock?
Speaker 2: Oh it was kid Rock.
Speaker 1: It was like, how dare you?
Speaker 2: I am so embarrassed, I'll just leave.
Speaker 1: Can you decipher any words of bah?
Speaker 2: It felt like it was like a timpany druma one point. I don't hear any words there? Do you hear words? Well?
Speaker 1: It's also interesting because there sounds like there's like little cries in the back or something like fame. Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say just to say something, I'll say, hey, give me my sprite, okay, just in case.
Speaker 1: Just in case, you never know. It could be. Is it A I'll rob your man? Is it B A lot of pain? Is it C where have you been? Or D kid Rock's first demo?
Speaker 2: I want it to be D what do you think I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Say d Okay, you know this person believed it with c where have you been? You know, I like it. See it sounds like a very scary voice, but it could be friendly. It could be like, oh my god, where have you been?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes people can't help the way their voice sounds. All right, Well, anyway, let's whind this sucker down. Let's just do one thing real quick. I'm just gonna sort of rapid fire throw a couple of unexplained phenomena type things to you, and let's see if you got any thoughts on them. Great psychics.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I had a girlfriend in La Her mom was a celebrity psychic, a psychic to the celebrities.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: The first time I met her, we went to Malibu. She'd like rented a house. My girlfriend and I had gotten into a big fight on the way there, and her mom could sense it, like when we were even though I was really fake. You know, it's like you're meeting somebody for the first time. So the fact that she says it was good because I'm a pretty good actor in those situations.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you so good to see you?
Speaker 2: We have such a great drive up. And the thing is that she told my girlfriend very early on that we are not going to make it. We're not going to be together and I'm not her person, which I would imagine is very frustrating for the daughter to say, like can you just not tell me? Like, can I just see this one through? But she was right? So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Wow? So do you believe? Like, have you been to a psychic on your own?
Speaker 2: I've had like my palm read like at a party, sure, but no, I've never done a psychic. I've been with friends you know when they did. But I think I have a bad energy when I walk in because it's like it's I think they know. It's not very open. I think they know that I'm like trying to stump them, which is wrong. But my thoughts are I'm actually interested. I want one that's like in a house neon sign.
Speaker 1: I actually live in one of those because I just love funky, weird shit. And I own a neon sign from a tarot card reader that went out of business, and it's in my living room.
Speaker 2: That's amazing and it's huge.
Speaker 1: It's like put it in your.
Speaker 2: Window and I'll come over for a reading.
Speaker 1: I know, when I put it up, I was like, can any windows see this? Because I don't want people showing up thinking I'm going to do that. What do you think of horoscopes?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing with them. I do think. I'm like, that's so dumb. And then every time I read my horoscope, I'm like, damn, it's so me, it's so me. And then I'll be like, you know what, I'm going to read.
Speaker 1: Another one, a different sign, Yeah, a.
Speaker 2: Different sign, just to see if they're all like kind of vague, and I'm like, no, that's genuinely not me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I'm a Leo, and you know a lot of maybe maybe Leo's are just kind of basic and you can just kind of say you want attension. And then it's like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very Leo to think that way. I know nothing about horoscopes, but.
Speaker 2: You know what, I will say that, like, there was a point of my life where I had a lot of Geminis in my life, a lot of them best friends. I dated a few geminis. When I first moved to La. Dated this Gemini who was like head lesbian of La or something. Probably cheated on me. A million times. I was like, I'm not dating any more Geminis, and so I believed in it enough to know that I was not made for geminis and they are like too much for me. So then I end up meeting my wife at a bowling alley and she's like, you know, double Gemini or like whatever Gemini everything, and I was just like this is going to be a disaster, and then yeah, we ended up getting married. She doesn't come off as Gemini to me. But of course I was like, I'm not dating any Geminis and ended up marrying one.
Speaker 1: Interesting mm hmm. I'm a Libra and I'm always around libras. Everyone I know is a damn Libra. It's like so many birthday parties in the fall.
Speaker 2: For me, that must mean that you guys can hang out, because it's like my wife, she doesn't really have a lot of Gemini friends. Yeah, any they can't hang out. There can only be one Gemini in a room.
Speaker 1: I've definitely had my moments where I'm like, all right, I'm going to learn about this stuff, and then five minutes in I'm like, Duo Lingo is pissed at me because I haven't been doing that, like, I've got things I need to do. Yeah, I need to stretch, you know, so I've just never gotten around to it.
Speaker 2: I need to stretch. I need to stretch. Okay, I need to stretch.
Speaker 1: I can't deal with this right now, but it's interesting to hear about.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do any hobby at this point that requires studying. Like you said, it's just like, I have other things I need to finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and luckily we all know a thousand people that have done the work, and I just called them. Right, what do you think of demons?
Speaker 2: Demons?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's real? Just the concept that there's like evil energies.
Speaker 2: I think there are some people that are truly evil. Yeah, I think everyone's like, no, everybody's born good. I was like, I don't know, man, I've met some people that are just like, there's just no way, I know. I think maybe I believe in like the demon version of a person, but I think it's just someone that doesn't know how to like fix anything about themselves. Right, it's rude.
Speaker 1: But what about something not connected to a human, just like an evil energy?
Speaker 2: No? I like that, not at all.
Speaker 1: What about past lives?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I love when people are like, I feel like, you know, maybe we knew each other in a past life, and I'm like, nope, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know you. It was my first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is my first I'm actually quite young. And uh, I'll see you in the next one.
Speaker 1: It could be you never know, it could be this is your first one.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like I was his stand up. You don' want to be so mad if my next life, if I had no sense of humor, I would be so upset.
Speaker 1: But would you would?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's like that's the weird thing about the past lives. It's like, oh, I I owned a business in my past life, and a crocodile ate me. That's why I'm scared of crocodiles. And it's like, but what else do you remember about the business? Do you remember how to run a business?
Speaker 2: No? Well, then, like, if I knew I had a past life, I feel like this life I would have so many lessons for my last life that I'd be really successful early prodigy. Maybe I would know, don't quit like playing the piano, learn the guitar.
Speaker 1: You know, but maybe you've uncovered those lessons that were deep inside from.
Speaker 2: The past life they're just coming out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just now being released. I do think that I have a lot of knowledge about things that I'm like, I don't know how I know that, but.
Speaker 2: Like, if you could guess, what do you think your career was in your past life?
Speaker 1: I think I was a stay at home like housewife, not stay at home mom. Yeah, and not the kind that takes care of the house all day. I was the kind that sat at home on her ass. And I don't like that. I am not that anymore.
Speaker 2: It's fucked up because it's like you don't even know what era it happens. It doesn't happen in a linear fashion, you know. It's like did you have TV back then or did you genuinely just have to sit on your ass? Oh, I know, with no devices?
Speaker 1: Like That's what I always think about this. Okay, So let's say our past lives are like in a linear way or whatever. So someone dies, then their body you know, is dead, and then the spirit like comes out and they're like, all right, where do I go next? Maybe they go to like a temp agency or something. They're like, what do you got for me on this one? And then they're like Okay, we have this baby in normal Illinois and you're like, sure, let's do it. Let's start back from like and then you okay, jump in. Bye.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of a temp agency. What do you call it when it's like in between purgatory purgatory? Yeah, purgatory temp agency, and that obviously you're getting there so late. Everybody already got the babies that are being born in New York, and you have to like take the normal Illinois one, knowing that most people stay in central Illinois, so you have to accept that, like, hey, maybe I'm an Illinois girl for life.
Speaker 1: But maybe the last one was you need that, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're trying to like live a simple life after sitting on your ass. Your first one, you're gonna be a farmer the second one.
Speaker 1: Honestly, this is our sitcom.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it. Somebody get Hollywood on the line right now.
Speaker 1: I know a few people in Hollywood. Don't you worry. This is gonna happen. It will happen. Just one last one, Bigfoot, Bigfoot? No, all right, that was easy.
Speaker 3: Uh Mo, thanks for joining me, thank you, thank you for having me, even though I'm obviously such a non believer, but I really support anyone who believes in anything, as long as it's something that's not harmful to others.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, and that's what we like here. We like openness and just pondering.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know. I gave birth to my daughter and completely delusional for the first three months because you really do get no sleep. And I was like, that is the time I would have seen ghosts and it didn't happen. So I was pretty upset about that. But well, one of these days I'm open. Let me know.
Speaker 1: Hit me a slide into my DMS resurrection Mary, hit me up. Where would you like people to find you, whether they're ghosts or not?
Speaker 2: On Instagram at Momo Welch. I've been putting up clips. My art's on there, and you just find me there. That's where I live.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for doing this, Thank you so much. Thank you so much to mo Welch. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay bye, This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sod designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.