Speaker 1: All media.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, please forgive me for the audio quality of the next section you about to hear.
Speaker 1: I recorded it while.
Speaker 2: I was in Greenville, Illinois, believe it or not, which is about an hour outside of Saint Louis, at a little, small, little university. Spend three days with the freshman. I did part of their sort of like just like orientation. I talked about like decision making and business and life.
Speaker 1: It's actually a great time.
Speaker 2: It was kind of the stuff I used to do in the before times, like pre pandemic. While I was These are the type of gigs we would do during the day while touring, you know, so you'd be on tour, you know, and you know book it shows, rocket shows, and then in the daytime, you know, you make a lot of extra money.
Speaker 1: Actually this would be the money that would fund the door, and you know, you.
Speaker 2: Go do something that matters, like you feel me like, of course I believe my music matters. But you know, shout out y'all at Greenville University that I got to talk to about that. And then after that, believe it or not, I spoke at the chapel because your boys still kind of know the Bible a little bit y'all talking about I just be saying I love Jesus, but I just be cussing, and I with all the I ain't with all the anti all the anti all the anti trans and all the anti gay stuff.
Speaker 1: I ain't with all that. I don't believe Jesus will be with all the anti either. Anyway.
Speaker 2: You can argue with your mom about your theology, yo, and obviously not the trump.
Speaker 3: Of it all.
Speaker 2: Anyway, This next section was recorded on like a regular like fifty eight microphone inside the Airbnb out there, so.
Speaker 1: Please forgive me.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure mattal clean it up anyway, y'all probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 2: So there's this clip with academics going around Twitter and the social sphere where you don't know who academics is.
Speaker 1: Spell it with a ak. You should know who that is.
Speaker 2: And anybody who I'm talking to in this pod should know and already does know where he's on his stream and the person he's talking to is trying to explain to him how Drake doesn't love you. He's a f boy, or to use our verlacular, he a fuck nigga he's trying to prove it to him that like he does not love you, and he's given him an example of you didn't even when Drake was performing in town twenty one had to get you in. He's like, you had to DM the dude and he didn't respond. Ack was like, yo, he didn't see the DM. Like it's cool, he just didn't see it. And the dude was like, bro, you are you serious. He's supposed to be your man's in them if that's supposed to be Kingfolk and he don't see your message. He's like, bro, he's treating you like a thought, Like he's treating you like a girl that he gonna link up with, but he don't feel like leaking up with. You just ignored a message and he's like, yo, it's not like that. And then Homie was like, what does he do for you? Like what makes you feel like? This is why nobody is defending him, because this how he carries himself.
Speaker 1: What does he do for you?
Speaker 2: He was like, he gives me exclusives and then the dude was like, does that for you?
Speaker 1: He was like no, And then what do you do with it?
Speaker 2: You get on your stream, you hype it up, He's like, he's using you, Like, don't you understand that he's using you?
Speaker 1: He don't care.
Speaker 2: He was like, if that's your man's in them, if he'd a gang in them, then when he gets into town, it's your act. Hey, I'm in the city. I got ten tickets for you. They already at will call. And as a touring artist, I can attest when I know I'm going into the city where the homies are. I've they're already on the list. When I like, when I get to Atlanta, La Craye, my dog La Craye already on the list. He already got a plus five, my homie show, he already on the list. He already got a plus five. It's not even a question, Like they don't even have to ask. I'll just text him. Ay, if y'all, if y'all here, it's right here, your tickets already. Do you know me already I've already told my manager if I'm in Nashville, my dog Derek, Derek already got tickets. It's not even because that's my folk in them. Like it's not so his answer, he's correct, Like if we really like, I'm not gonna miss your message, and if I miss your message, it's a if I see it at the end, I'm like, yo, okay, pull up. Now we're gonna go to dinner after meet me at the bus. Whatever it is, there's no way because that's my folk in them. It's the same for me. When homies get to town in La like I I my tickets are already at the door, like I've already hit him. They're already like hey, as soon as they hit they tap in as soon as they hit the city. This is what we talk about. Hey, hey, I'm in Yo, I'm in your hood. Where we getting Let's get some burritos? Like take me to They're always like, yo, take me to the Badia truck, take me to Cinco Puntos, Like, let's go get it. Where the coffee at? I don't have to ask. So Molski dj Molski right now, he on a He on a terror. Right now he's DJing for Phoenix Cardinals in Phoenix the football, the Phoenix Cardinals, TJ for the Sparks, listen for the USC games.
Speaker 1: He's already sent the link.
Speaker 2: But when the season starts on stuff like that he has access to, like you know, obviously NFL is different, but like I already have the tickets, Like, it's not even a it's not it's not even a question. So when anybody that's like who I say is like my folk, if they invoke my name, I don't think twice about it and they feel the same way I can in ok there, I could speak freely on this pod about them because they know what it is.
Speaker 1: There's no question. The thought has never crossed either of our mind. Are we being used?
Speaker 2: And this man is trying to explain the academics, This man is using you because he only hits you when he needs something. Ain'tbody got friends that text you like that? He explains to the boy, Like, which is true. He sent a jet for Ice Spice before he even had tickets that will call for you. He was like, Yo, the reality is for what you do for him. Act is the biggest. He's like, you're the biggest media outlet in hip hop right now besides like Kai, you know what I'm saying, Okay, Like besides him, no, even bigger than him right now. He's like, look, you are the first person he should connect with because you hype up his music. He's like he'd be dropping trash music, and you get in your stream and you big it up like it's amazing. Maybe when you get home, maybe when you get off the stream you speak differently, but on the stream you talk like it's the greatest music on our He is using you only when he needs you, and he's like, this is why none of us mess with Drake, because that's the wrong way to carry yourself.
Speaker 1: You're using us, And when somebody is using.
Speaker 2: You, you could be like whatever, I'm gonna use you back and get what you need from him. Or you can kind of be like you not a real friend and keep my name out your mouth. You only talk to me when you need something, and the only time you ever do anything for me is when it benefits you. But a lot of times what you're doing for me really ain't helping. Maybe keep my name out your mouth. Stop using whatever access I got to big yourself up because your help ain't helping.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, you're making it worse.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Springfield, Ohio, y'all woll politics.
Speaker 1: But wait, it's like this.
Speaker 3: Bull look is like this bull look?
Speaker 1: It is like this all right, you know what it is?
Speaker 2: Freaky assmen, I'm not gonna need to take their asses side.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm talking about Diddy. They told that boy.
Speaker 2: Listen with your thousand bottles of baby oil and your almost thousands of dildo's.
Speaker 1: No, sir, you cannot get bail. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, far be it from me to celebrate the demise of another powerful black man. However, when that black man has been exploiting other black men and black women, it's hard for me to not feel a little bit of like, brother, that's what you get, uh, brother? Now I am not one the other kink shame either. If that's your thing, that's your thing. However, when it's used to exhort an exact power, that's where the problem comes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: We had boy Diddy, Good God Almighty, and other news and much more important news.
Speaker 1: Itcerns out.
Speaker 2: Mike Robinson learned today that see the magazine, the Maga group, see the Trump followers, see they all of a sudden find their morals when you black.
Speaker 1: He was calling him the new Martin Luther King. Mark Robinson. Boy in there in the.
Speaker 2: Grown up store, in the nasty store, bringing pizza. If you don't know so, Mark Robinson, He's in North Carolina and black dude full trumped up, and it turned out the dude that work in the adult stores like, hey, I know, bruh, he cool. He be coming to the stove looking at it, going into the back, watching the porns.
Speaker 1: He bring us pizza sometime. He cool. Dude.
Speaker 2: But now that that come out, like everybody love him.
Speaker 1: See it's okay for Trump to smash porn stars.
Speaker 2: You just you just can't do that and be black because now all of a sudden, mag don't want to vote for it.
Speaker 1: You can't listen. These people don't love you.
Speaker 2: Also, Israel has proven that it's Israel versus everybody, and they want all the smoke.
Speaker 1: They with all of it.
Speaker 2: They looked at Lebanon like, hey, we've been watching y'all for a while, them fools in the most spy movie Double O seven Diabolical. I can't believe y'all thought of This got into the supply chain of pagers because Hesbela said, we think Israel may have our phone taps, so.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go old school and go pages.
Speaker 2: Bruh. They don't planet bombs inside the pages, and it was supposed to be only at least Their argument was this was supposed to be only for those Hesbela folks. They the only folks that do this. They didn't went all the way to Taiwan, they said, if Taiwan said, the factory in India either way.
Speaker 1: Toxic.
Speaker 2: Cuz now, having said that, it is according to the international courts of war crime, this is terrorism. You can't you can't detonate bombs, even against enemy combatants when they are in a civilian place. And you can't implant things bombs inside of pieces of tech. That's the villions use on an everyday basis. It's just it's it's by definition terrorists.
Speaker 1: Just so you know. Now having said that, it's not like Hezbelah's is. They're also terrorists. Not let's not act like this.
Speaker 2: Ain't no, just like this, Ay, the Hamas stand account like listen, nobody's got any joy for Hezbelah.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, no, you can't be the hero if you're doing what the villain do. It's just factual.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Israel, all the smoke where everybody it's like that, it's like this all right, So there's a lot going on in this story that some of them or some of y'all may already know and there's some really interesting again kind of cross sections of you know, kind of urban street smarts that should raise that if you're aware of these things, it should raise your eyebrows.
Speaker 1: Whenever any politician does this.
Speaker 2: One of the things specifically, like with the gang stuff, is you know, like kind of like the false flagon, like or you know, you rep in neighborhoods that nobody really.
Speaker 1: Knows you in, or.
Speaker 2: You're seeking to prove your certification based on your homeboys' activities or your family's activities, like if your brother was the one that was really active, really out there, sue whooping, like that's your brother, and of course.
Speaker 1: You was close, you know what I mean, that's kim folk.
Speaker 2: But like that's not there's some access. There's some stories that like hey, the gang, and it might be like hey, bro, like and this is what I why wear phrases like if you're using it correctly, like yo, hey helmy, Like you wasn't outside, like you weren't in your brother was in the field with us. Like some of that has to do with the fact that like it was really I can't stress enough the era that I came from, how profoundly violent that time was Another thing it's hard to really capture is just how young these boys are.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 2: I think I've said it so many times, but again out here in Cali and actually probably in a lot of areas.
Speaker 1: I mean it starts in middle school, like you are.
Speaker 2: I The first time I've said it so many times on Song's first time I saw gun was when I was ten years old, realizing that like these boys that Granny and them told me I was not supposed to play with, I still wanted to go play with them because they was cool. And I realized that that much like, oh yeah, that's what she meant, because yeah, we might die, maam like that, Like that's something a ten year old if you are on some like nah, this is what it is like.
Speaker 1: This is exciting, that adrenaline.
Speaker 2: By this time, by the time, if by the grace of God, you make it to your twenties, you and you know your five six seven friends that you still kick it with. Y'all live gone the funerals together. You've buried relatives, people.
Speaker 1: Been to juvie.
Speaker 2: They didn't gone to jail. It's friends you'll never see again because they locked up. Y'all hid under cars, behind buildings, you've shot and shot back and having no idea where the bullets are coming from, the experience, you've gone through a war together. So when somebody just being like, yeah, I sue whoop. You know what I'm saying, like, hey, look, and then somebody say holdo.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold up? Where you from? Oh, nigga is nutty block? You know that's a that's a Compton game.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like wait, time out, time out? Hey, who know? Blood? You wasn't like hold up.
Speaker 2: I'm even using myself as a example, how I keep saying, hey, blad, So like, listen, I'm not a blood And there might be some dudes that like some bloods out here that like would even take offense to me, even using a slang right now. You know, I understand that because of all the stuff that they've been through. I mean, no disrespect, o gee, I'm just I'm trying to make a point here. You feel me if you grant me that? Also, because I usually be like, hey, cause in most of the shows and I'm like, let's be fair, anyways, forgive me. Has this been a proof and it's like you take it personal because bro, we almost died and a lot of us did, and just for you to show up on a video like it just won't you don't. We won't play with that because of what we've gone through. And also, let's just say it's on the other side of this to where it's just like and you probably should chill about talking about what we're doing over here. Like let's just say it's a good thing. Let's just say you were you were out here with us and now you're famous. Let's say you did make it. Maybe you running, you know, fifteen twenty percent back to the block.
Speaker 1: To help out. But Breuth, we still out here trapping.
Speaker 2: You can't just be showing up, blowing the spot up, bro, like you telling everybody all our activities.
Speaker 1: Man, like nigga, you not helping. You gotta stop coming.
Speaker 2: You gotta stop showing up over here because your helping ain't helping. Like, maybe stop telling everybody what blocked you from what set you claim? Like maybe maybe like maybe fall back because there's some unwanted attention by you being loud about it, and only the other way around when it's like you being loud and wrong that stuff don't But I think it's even.
Speaker 1: More worse when it's like, oh, bro, none of us know you. We don't.
Speaker 2: You ain't ever been over here, you've never pulled up. You may have. You may be in a neighborhood next to ours, a neighborhood similar to ours. You may know somebody who dated somebody whose little brother grew up here. So maybe we share. Maybe we both got red flag, but we would both got blue flag. Maybe maybe it's thres say, maybe it's an ossa. Maybe it is, But like Bruh, in a general sense, I ain't got no problem with you, and I think in a lot of ways I might agree, But ultimately, nigga, you we don't know you, You've never been and even if we dealing with situations, you not really here to help us.
Speaker 1: You really don't care about our guest.
Speaker 2: You really don't care, Like hold up, keep my name out your mouth, and I would have been fine with whatever activities you're doing. But now that you're speaking on us, this attention is not the attention we need.
Speaker 1: And if you was really one of us, you would know that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm talking about spring hild Springfield, Ohio, the Haitian immigrants and they're eating pets, which I'm sure you know all the stories by now, but I don't know if you know the follow up. They've had thirty six bomb threats. The entire right wing influencers sphere has descended on this little last town trying to find big old air quotes proof of something that was not only started off as a rumor, was made up and both Trump and JD Vance have admitted was false. Matter of fact, like, look, I got this from Political in the in this podcast Political Gaffest, which I didn't know.
Speaker 1: This juicy piece of information.
Speaker 2: It's that JD called the city to try to verify. Yo, is this what's going on? The city was like, nah, man, mister de man, this is what I mean by like the hood adjacent, like you from Ohio and I've done shows in Ohio.
Speaker 1: This this little thing shouldn't have bothered me, but it did.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact. I think Cody talked about it on even More News. You supposed to to say, oh Age, and then the crowd goes, I, oh, every rap show I did Cleveland, Columbus, if you perform in Ohio, Cincinnati, oh Age. They all know my manager's from Cincinnati. I could text him right now, oh Age. He would already know what to do. So it just bothered me that he couldn't even do that.
Speaker 1: I thought that was weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you supposed to be from you supposed to be from here, which means if I'm Springfield, if I'm in Ohio City, I would hope that when you speak on us that we're good. I would hope that if I rally all these troops to vote for you again, if I'm academics.
Speaker 1: Look, it's dope that you're sending me all these exclusives.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna big you up. I'm thinking, because I'm doing all this for you, you gonna look out for me. But if your lookout for me is I give you exclusives in early releases, that's not looking out.
Speaker 1: That serves yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, this isn't the first time or the only time or the last time. Let's be real that a national conversation about a particular local situation gets weaponized for better or for worse, for a national campaign.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember how everybody was talking about Chicago. Listen, I can't believe I'm finna do these people's homework for them. You could have told this story so differently. With Chicago, everything was about all the violence in Chicago? What about Chicago? All the violence in Chicago? You'd be like you ever been in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Do you know what's going on? I know it's called Shiraq.
Speaker 2: Do you know you ever heard of Grip Youth, the Grip Youth organization. You ever heard of Grip? You know Brian die in the Legacy conference. Do you know about their art installation program? Do you know about Pilsen?
Speaker 1: Do you know.
Speaker 2: About all these things that they have done as a city, as a community, private, public, religious, all of it have done to create interventions and to stop the violence. So rather than y'all just talking about the viole, what you're gonna do to come out but keep my name out your mouth? That this is the attitude I'm talking about, Like you could have told this story.
Speaker 1: So listen, I'm finna do the Republican's homework. Quote him. I can't believe I'm finna do this, y'all.
Speaker 2: If you wasn't so racist, you could have brought so much Springfield, Ohio could have been your shining star if you wasn't so damn racist. God dog. Okay, wait, now let me back up. Give a brief history of what happened up there and how it became part of the national conversation, which I'm pretty sure you kind of know how it is by now, But and I think I talked about it in the Who's Whooping Whose Feet?
Speaker 1: Episode?
Speaker 2: Springfield was a regular ass, good old American factory town. It was doing great, and then, like what happened with every other factory town, the factory started closing, jobs went to the other side of the ocean. It was all bad. You know, it's right outside of Columbus, and it's little town with no jobs. Everybody leaving because there's no as quaint as that little town is and no jobs. I mean, there's nothing for us to do, Like there's no there's no hope for like upward mobility.
Speaker 1: So let's ride things change again. Let me do the Republicans' homework for them.
Speaker 2: Democrats sent jobs overseas, we brought them back, and Springfield is a great example.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why you couldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: So the factories come back, and now there's jobs that are available and not enough people in the city to fill these jobs. So you got all this opportunity, you got all this wealth that we could be making and it's just not enough. You ever been to a city that's built for more people? Then that's there. I remember touring through Detroit a few years back where you're like, it's kind of eerie that you're like, it's dope that there's no traffic, but like it's kind of eerie that you like, this city is clearly made for more people than are here. It's kind of bizarre, this is what the city's looking like. But now, Yo, let's go. We need workers. We got the jobs here.
Speaker 1: We need workers.
Speaker 2: If we're gonna stay open, we need people to work. It's not that there's it's just not enough of you. Now, if you've met a single immigrant, what they coming to do, nigga work, I don't understand what Like, I don't understand the story y'all telling they come to work? My g They watching the news, They know how expensive it is Los Angeles. You think they're the first person in their family to come to America. That they are not in conversation with other people that came here. Listen, we coming here to work because this where the jobs are. Now, as a side note, this whole thing, let them okay, y'all.
Speaker 1: Again, this world, this one.
Speaker 2: I wish there was more conservatives that listen to this show, because, fam think about it for a second. If I'm here illegally, why in the absolute flying fuck.
Speaker 1: Would I vote?
Speaker 2: Because that would put me on a federal list. Genius, I'm trying to avoid the fence. Why would I volunteer? Why would I volunteer my name and home address to the people that could deport me?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with y'all?
Speaker 2: God dog, where is your discernment? Where is your street smarts?
Speaker 1: Damn sense? Sheesh?
Speaker 2: Instead a million illegals voting that would blow the spot.
Speaker 1: Just again, keep my name out of your mouth. But back to Springfield.
Speaker 2: So what most immigrant families do is they tap in with people that they know who are already here, and those people send information back and say, Okay, it's cool over here. Look I found a place to stay. You could stay with us till you find somewhere to go.
Speaker 1: But this city cool. Look I'm working here. They pay pretty good.
Speaker 2: You know, the prices are low and look and you know you could you could still get some you know, some good pasola here like if not, then I'll cook for you, you feel me. So most immigrants, when they're fleeing a country, are trying to set up a situation where they could just get back on their feet. They here to work, and they trying to create, and they and why, and they trying to be in a place that, as foreign as it is, would be somewhat familiar. So you gonna go where your family would or where you know somebody at least from your city, some of your village, or at least from your country, at least somebody that speak your language. I'm not just gonna like spin the globe like come into America and just put my finger on it and say that's where we go in Like, no, I'm gonna go where the homies told me. It's like where's the work? In other words, they would do literally exactly what you would do, because they're just humans. So go back to what's happening in Haiti. I mean, are y'all y'all been sleep the last two years?
Speaker 1: Haiti ran by gang.
Speaker 2: This dude named Barbecue has called himself the president like he they didn't killed, they didn't ran niggas off, Like it's I mean, it's Matt. It's a movie out there. It's Matt MaTx. Remember they had the earthquake about ten years back. They've been under some of the grossest, most horrible sanctions. In my mind for no dog goe reason. Just I just still think Western civilization is salty that they was able to throw off they slave owners.
Speaker 1: Y'all just mad that they won. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Haiti is like it's in shambles. It's literally ran by street games. So in this particular situation, their status in coming into the States is not like hopping a fence like this illegal immigrant thing or just these raiding hordes that y'all trying to say. They have temporary protective status. And in the temporary protective status because they coming from a war torn country, it's legal for them to work. It seemed to me like a perfect match. You got a city that's dying. The city's dying. Jobs have came back. There's not enough jobs there. It attracts legal immigration who have works, so it's nobody's losing their jobs. No jobs are being taken from you. The jobs are there, there's a surplus of jobs. They come in and like every other immigrant immigrant city.
Speaker 1: Guess what happened.
Speaker 2: They start businesses, They open restaurants, you're able to rent. These people work most of the time, two and three jobs are the you know the gross uh yeah, the gross index, like the money the city makes it goes up. You now have to hire ESL teachers, So now there's war jobs.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The only problem you have in is they drive on the other side of Zola. They're having a hard time getting childcare and they having a hard time driving on.
Speaker 1: This side of the street.
Speaker 2: So yes, they've had a lot of accidents because they come from a country where were driving the other side of the street. So like they're having a hard time getting licenses, but they still got to go to work. That's absolutely a problem. But listen, you got new Haitian restaurants. These people are starting businesses. They're sending their kids to your schools. Dude, what's wrong with y'all? Were like, this could have been your success story. This is I don't understand Springfield could have been if you weren't so racist. This could have been your shining star, wet dream of a story. It's like, you could have told this completely completely opposite, and you know what the hood would have been, Like, I appreciate you, big hommy good look, uh because now you're shining a light on us even if racism exists there, even though because the people were complaining in the city. Don't get me wrong, they was complaining because again racism abounds, but on a national tip, because again the city and state doesn't control immigration. The Feds control immigration, and we can't tell an immigrant they can't come to our town. And if you run a business, you looking at the city folk like y'all better shut you up, sit down somewhere. I need these workers. These foods show up on time. They work twice as hard as y'all. You know how much money we making. Look, if you own an apartment complex, you're like, fam, let's go this building. Been vacant for ten years. Yo, were good, and you know what I'm learning a little French. We out here eating a bilop and bonn on cheese weight.
Speaker 1: That's beliezi you. But things is going real good.
Speaker 2: If you were, oh my gosh, if y'all weren't so racist, you could use this as an example that your platform works. That if there's legal immigration where we get to have give us your poor you're hungry and your huddled masses, and they come and they work and are and jobs are being filled. We brought factories back to America and look, we're the attraction of the whole world. And in this community, listen, they're learning how to live in harmony. You could even use it as a post racist you know, a little banner. You could be like, look it, people are eating in the Haitian restaurants. You know, we're learning French. This is a success story. If you would just let the GOP cook, America could have this type of harmony instead of you Democrats that are letting in the illegals and they're just taking over as us. It's like, no, let us create jobs. Let the economy do what it does. There was, you know, you remove the regulation they were here legally, and these jobs came back in the city of success.
Speaker 1: But no, the niggers are eating cats.
Speaker 2: So a lady in her Facebook group says that she heard tell that her friend's neighbor's daughter thought she saw out the window somebody barbecue and a cat. Then at the town hall meeting, some sort of random ass right wing YouTuber was like, I've seen them at the park capturing the ducks and strangling them. My nigga, what the what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Seeing those memes going around about Trump saying it's not maybe Trump's not a racist, or maybe not all Trump supporters are racist. Y'all just decided that racism wasn't a deal breaker. It's the same thing about these weird though maybe everybody on the right ain't weird.
Speaker 1: You just decided that being weird was okay.
Speaker 2: Because that's some Like first of all, who are you do you live here? And let me again, let me just give you some logic. Why would I try to catch a cat when there's a Kroger right around the corner. I'm just trying to work and go home. Like it's like you can't put yourself in their shoes. It's like you don't like, you don't think these people like again, you've never met a m You don't think these people on their best behavior, y'a, Like, I don't understand they these people rent apartments.
Speaker 1: In open businesses. Why the hell?
Speaker 2: And then someone produces a grainy video of what looked like a cat, what looked maybe like a cat on a grill. First of all, I was in Dayton, Ohio, and you can't tell if that's a cat, and it's not even from this year. But anyway, this rumor gets out. Elon tweets about it. Jnald Trump Junior tweets about it. It gets to Trump's desk, it gets into his sphere, and then this man utters it on national television during the presidential debate, and then JD. Vance doubles down when he's interviewed and he says, listen, man, I'm concerned about this, like this is my beloved Ohio.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: I tapped in. I know people over there, and they told me. They told me a lot of their problems. And one of them told me verified that this day situation. They said, that's what they said, because I know people over there. Foods Listen where we from? Foods will ask you immediately, Oh, where what high school you go to? You from LA high school?
Speaker 1: You go to Eisenhower.
Speaker 2: My nigga, that's Fontana and that's not a problem. Moski went to Eisenhower. A lot of great people who were born and raised in La got shipped.
Speaker 1: Out to the Inland Empire. I am one of them. I went to Rancho A Cuckamonga High.
Speaker 2: I was born as South Central. I live most of my life in the SGV. My parents split and I did the little back and forth between the Inland Empire and lap went thee back and forth. That's why I'm always clear, like I went to high school Nai, so that like that question don't come up when I try to be like, oh, like, no, Nigga's not and that's not a that's fine, but don't act like you really you more tapped in than you actually are. Okay, where y'r granny stay? And that's very la you from where y're granny from? You know what I'm saying, which is why I could say I'm from South Central like I am my granny at you do anyway.
Speaker 1: And also we lived there.
Speaker 2: That's that stolen valor I was talking about. That's that false flag, Like Nigga, you're not from here though, first of all, again keep my name out of your mouth. And he's like, the problem is the Democrats policy are letting too many people and Americans are suffering. And then she would and then Dana Bash who was an interview and was like, hey, but like are they eating cats though, like just an honest question, just like and what it turns out is he know that's wrong, and even what he says is like anything that brings attention to the point. So she's like, so you know it's false, you know there's no evidence of this, but you okay with saying it. So then he's just essentially is like, if I got to lie to get my point across, then the lie is okay, to which I would say, using the most basic of logic, if you have to lie to prove the point, then you don't have a point. That's not I don't think that that's that's not a revolutionary thought. Not exactly, Karl Marx out this mug. I mean, this ain't no, this ain't a Malcolm X thing. You should put on the T shirt my brother in Christ. If you lie and to prove your point, you don't have a point. It's just it's so simple to me, so clearly again Springfield being used you academics in this situation, and this is me being the guy calling in the academics and telling them these people don't love you. But they figured this out themselves, because what happened after these men started talking to all this madness about their little city, Well since then, there's been thirty six bomb threats called in today city.
Speaker 1: And everybody.
Speaker 2: In the right wing internet influencer sphere, who I mean, these people have like millions and millions of followers. They to anybody who's like not really tapped into all that. I was gonna use some derogatory but that's not fair. But just if that's not your world.
Speaker 1: It's like, for.
Speaker 2: Example, I was talking to these kids in Greenville, like I said, when the show started, and when you're in a fandom, things that happen inside of your fandom feel so large, and they might actually be, but you have to remember the rest of the world don't got no idea what you're talking about. Nobody else understands any of the references you make. Or Goku asking about if he gonna go to heaven. Goku, ain't the way in the world you going to heaven. You have planets worth of bodies even before you sent Manjibu into oblivion. Bro, Like, there's no way you could possibly expect to like.
Speaker 1: Talking about Dragon Ball.
Speaker 2: Sort of l ron and all this, Like, don't nobody know what you talking about? But in your world it's a big deal. We live near Little Tokyo. We just happen to walk into something. My daughter loves going to Little Tokyo and she's just been completely anime pilled. So we go to the little, you know, little Tokyo library. She buys little little manga books and then we go get some nagiri or something, and we just happen to walk into some sort of like pop up meet and greet where these people is I dressed up as characters I never heard of and are doing they all know these songs, they all know these dances. They all doing this. I mean it's similar to like the Kendrick Lamar pop out when all the all the brothers on the on the on the on the stage holding their hands, see walking. If you don't know what you're looking at, you like, yo, why are black men holding their hands and all doing the same dance? Well, you not in our world? I get it. So if you're not in that weird right, well, let me not call it they no, no, no, no, these particular ones is weird if you not in they world, you don't realize these people be having five to seven million followers like.
Speaker 1: These people like they not they not nobodies.
Speaker 2: Some of these people came from Turning Point, USA. This dude, Tyler olivera who's video about Springfield Look they reported on it on NPR, said that fool got like four million views in a week where basically he was like, I just wanted to go see if it is true. Rather than having any sort of antennas, you essentially one you get the clicks, and two you get to make a gang of money like that, and three you get to pretend like you're an actual reporter. You're like, well, I'm gonna go do my own research. I'm gonna go find myself. I'm gonna walk around here and I'm gonna find proof. Now listen, all my little sleuths, it's already backwards because you're starting with the claim and looking for the evidence to prove them rather than find the evidence and say what the evidence says.
Speaker 1: It's backwards, y'alln already.
Speaker 2: Accepted that whatever come out that weird man's mouth is true because it's already in your sphere. Now listen, I'm saying this deeply into my sphere. I understand that. I'm just saying, where are your antennas. You don't start with the conclusion and then reverse engineer it. You look at what's there and then draw the conclusion. But that's not what they're doing. They going there over there trying to backtrack and prove Trump's statements, Now, who do you interview if you Haitian, guess what you're doing?
Speaker 1: You terrified.
Speaker 2: Of course, there was a really tragic accident, which is really what's set off all the part of the beginning of the hate. Besides the fact that, like you know, rent was going up because people places is making money now when the Haitians got there.
Speaker 1: But also it was this horrible, horrible.
Speaker 2: Car crash that happened when and this Haitian immigrant ran into the school bus and a lot of the babies passed away. This whole causality connection that for some reason is working in the right wing right now to where if a crime happens and that person is an immigrant, therefore no immigrants should be here because immigrants commit crimes.
Speaker 1: It's as if citizens don't.
Speaker 2: Commit crimes and all crimes come from immigrants. Such a bizarre, twisted logic. But they said, if that person was a year then this crime would have never happened. Yeah, well, it's the same with the citizen, isn't it. It's just it's look, it's just baffling anyway. So this little teeny town is flooded with these right wing people looking for interviews, and at the same time, in Springfield, the actual citizens, the lady that first told the story isn't a biracial relationship with a biracial child.
Speaker 1: And she even said, yo, I wasn't raised.
Speaker 2: Hey, my dude, so then you know that this is She was like, I deeply regret this has all been openly reported. I deeply regret telling this. I ain't think it was gonna turn out all that. I was just saying what I heard thirty six bomb threads right wingers all over the place. Their Haitian population is terrified. But at the same time, Associated Press reported how citizens are flooding the Haitian restaurants in support for that community. Because at the end of the day, communities are it's a net positive. It's just a net positive when this happens. When you have a new community come in, there's more money flowing through the city. Of course, you got people having problems. Of course, listen, that's been on the local news, that's been reported. Yes, there's a lot of hatred happening in that city. Yes there is, don't get me wrong. And Springfield could probably some help. And here's the national strategy part this, Why be like your helping ain't helping. Just keep my name out your mouth, which is really you know, it's what the city council said, it's what the mayor said. The mayor said, I really wish you wouldn't talk about us like this. We got problems, but this ain't helping, he said in his own interview Mayor Rob Row, he said, listen, we even went through the last eleven months of police reports.
Speaker 1: There is zero evidence of this, and I'm gonna put words in his mouth, like what.
Speaker 2: The hell are you talking about? He was like, I'm here. He said, there was one report that they received and they followed up. They couldn't find a person that made a report, which I have a guess as dud who made that report is one of these right wing fools. But he was like, listen, dude, we just we just grew our economy. There's eight thousand jobs, there's brand new businesses where community that comes together. We're doing all right. Of course we have our problems, but we're doing all right. What we don't need is you talking about us like you love us, because you clearly don't.
Speaker 1: Of course he didn't say it like that.
Speaker 2: That ass part that what we don't need, that's me added thirty six bomb threats, countless right wing goals, and now a community of Haitian immigrants that are scared to lead a house. Bro If it's all the same to you, respectfully, keep my name out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Love politics, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Low's Boil High by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the beat softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm a speller for you because I know M A T.
Speaker 2: T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: He got more music and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that on there, so gonna check out the heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, so listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.