Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Overcome for podcast. I am your host, Jennica Lopez. Thank you guys so much for choosing to listen to this episode today, on this beautiful Tuesday, or whatever day you guys are taking the chance to listen. I am so grateful that you are here. This episode, we're going to be talking about setting.
Speaker 2: Your intention in the morning.
Speaker 1: How you wake up in the morning, how you start your morning, how you start your day will set the intention for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: And I'm a huge.
Speaker 1: Believer in that, and I want to give personal aspect on what I do. I personally wake up and the moment I wake up, I obviously turn off my alarm and I do my best. I'm not gonna lie I fail at times. I'm not gonna act like I'm perfect, but I do my best to not go through my messages or my phone. I just turn off my alarm and turn on my worship music. I start my music with God my music. I start my morning with God workship music. I have this playlist that my best friend created and it's just sets the intention for me. It kind of just invites God into my day.
Speaker 2: I proceed to pray. If I have the time to read, I will read. I will always try.
Speaker 1: To read my Bible or some type of spiritual book that i'm i'm on. If I don't, I come back home after I'm doing what I'm doing, or I read it at night. But I always find the time of day to read it. Because the more we get to know or read about God is the more we get to understand ourselves. But that's where I want to talk about in today's episode, starting our days with purpose, peace, and God's presence. And I'm so glad you're here to be able to listen and learn from me today. I want to talk about how it can transform your day. Setting your intention with God first, before the text messages, before the to do.
Speaker 2: List, the emails, the rush.
Speaker 1: Take a moment to pause, because once you start heading into that, you're already having a chaotic morning, you're already inviting anxiety, and you're already entering with like a negative mindset. And that's not what we want to do. We want to start our days with gratitude, peace, and purpose and have a sacred moment to invite God into our day and align our hearts with His purpose and his intention for our lives and his plan. So wherever you guys are, whether you guys are still in bed having your coffee, you're at work, or you're in the car, let's center ourselves.
Speaker 2: Let's take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: And step into God's grace together the power of starting with God. It's like stepping into peace immediately rather than rushing in with stress.
Speaker 2: When we make.
Speaker 1: God our first priority, everything else flows from a place of trust rather than fear. When you put your trust into God and you leave the day in his hands, like you know what, God, I'm leaving this in your hands today.
Speaker 2: Take control Jesus.
Speaker 1: Literally, Jesus take the wheel and it matters. Probabs three to six says, in all your ways, acknowledge Him and he will make your path straight. When we start our mourning by acknowledging God, seeking his wisdom, his guidance, his love, we set the tone for a day led by faith rather than anxiety.
Speaker 2: We hate anxiety. We are done. I'm done with my anxiety.
Speaker 1: I'm done claiming it over my life and my body, and I would want the same for you guys too.
Speaker 2: Pause and reflect.
Speaker 1: What are you bringing in to your today? What are you bringing in to this moment? Right now take a moment and ask yourself, what's the first thing that you usually do in the morning, And it's okay, it's okay if you immediately jump to your phone, answer those emails and those texts. The purpose of this episode and listening to it today is doing something different, doing something better for yourself and for your lives. Okay, do I let worries, distractions, are busy and take over before I even breathe.
Speaker 2: Into the new day.
Speaker 1: You're allowing those things to take over, to take control of your life.
Speaker 2: Versus if you start.
Speaker 1: Your morning the way that you know that feels right and giving it to God, You're in control.
Speaker 2: God is in control of what the day leads to. What would it look like.
Speaker 1: To invite God into my morning before anything else? To acknowledge, to start with gratitude, Thank you God, I'm awake today. A lot of people don't have that opportunity to wake up. They sleep, and you know, some people pass or something.
Speaker 2: Happens and etc.
Speaker 1: Like Thank you God for my health, Thank you for my body, Thank you for my fingers, for my eyeballs, for every part of my body that I have an honor to have and to still.
Speaker 2: Be able to use.
Speaker 1: The way we start our day affects everything our mood, our mindset, our interactions.
Speaker 2: And the beautiful thing is is that we have the power to choose how we begin.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about a simple practice to set our intention for the day and let God lead. Start with gratitude. Obviously, before reaching your phone or rushing into the day again, I say pause and thank God, thank Him for waking you up, for breathing, for the breath in your lungs, for another day of life. Again, it is a simple opportunity to just reflect and just be like, Wow.
Speaker 2: Thank you God for my cup of coffee today.
Speaker 1: I know everybody, I know that there's coffee drinkers. I'm a Mantra drinker, you guys, I have switched over. I mean occasionally I create a coffee, but.
Speaker 2: I'm all about Mantra and it just it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I literally wake up and I go downstairs and I make it, and then I have my Bible with me, and it's just it's probably just one of the.
Speaker 2: Best parts of my day.
Speaker 1: But thank you Lord for this day. It can shift everything. I promise gratitude and it's scientifically proven when you start your day with gratitude.
Speaker 2: You allow so.
Speaker 1: Much dopamine, oxytocin and all that good stuff to just flow into your brain and automatically sets a positive mindset and change. Two surrendering your day to him. I choose to say this, Lord, this day is yours, guide to my steps, guide to my thoughts, my words.
Speaker 2: Let me be a vessel of your love. Today.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean you're going to be perfect, no, but you are an example of love and grace. And when we surrender our plans to him, we walk in divine alignment. We are not going by our own selfish ways. We're choosing to let him handle and align ourselves to his plan. And another thing is to set one faith filled intention. Choose one word or intention to carry.
Speaker 2: Through your day.
Speaker 1: Maybe for example, today's word is peace, and your intention is to stay rooted in God's peace no matter what comes your way. Or maybe it's trust and you commit to learning and leaning on God rather than your own understanding. I know that it's difficult. I have had trust issues. I have even had trust issues with God, Like obviously when my mom passed away, It's like, how can I trust something that did this to me? When realistically it wasn't God that did this to me. We forget that there's free will, and there's nature, there's things that happen, and it just we have no control over. But God again will make our perfect mistakes or certain circumstances for his perfect will and turn it into good and peace. Obviously I have battled with anxiety and depression, and now that I'm in this walk or trying to understand, you know, certain things, I'm always going to choose peace and may peace.
Speaker 2: Even in the way that I speak.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to speak in peace and speak in love if I'm going to say something, for example, if I'm correcting somebody, or if I'm speaking to a friend, and I just want to speak peace and speak love and to come with grace so that it can come so our message comes off and our delivery comes off better Versus when you're speaking and you start your morning with anxiety and you're just you know, upset and frustrated, you automatically speak anger and you speak frustration, and your message will never get across because your delivery was so wrong. So today we choose peace and trust. And I think another one is to listen for God's voice before rushing to the noise of the world and everything that it carries, you know, social media and all that. Take a few moments of silence. Maybe he'll put a verse on your heart, a gentle reminder or a quote or a sense of direction for the day. Listen to it. Have morning affirmations. I am peace, I am love, I am beautiful, I am worthy, I am gracious. I speak good things to yourself. Also, maybe meditate on a Bible verse. For my example is always John thirteen seven. And you may not understand what I'm doing, but soon you will. And I take that with me every day, like, okay, God, whatever you're doing today, maybe I don't get it, but I will understand it and I will see later on that it was all part of the plan. Another one is pray and release. A simple morning prayer can be so powerful, you guys, take five minutes. And I did this challenge in church, was praying for five people a day. Praying for five people, and it's like, oh my gosh, how many you know? But I promise you, when you think of somebody, God is going to place somebody on your heart to pray for. And you may not know exactly what, or maybe you do, and you're just like, you know what, God, please take care of so and so person.
Speaker 2: You're starting your morning.
Speaker 1: Also not being so selfish. You're taking into account of other people and praying for their world being awesome.
Speaker 2: So we're going to pray together really quick, just to start our morning, to start our day.
Speaker 1: Wherever you guys are at, just take a moment pause. You're in the chaos at work, you're in the car on the way to work, or wherever you're headed. Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for the breath and my lungs, the light of the morning, the opportunity to walk in.
Speaker 2: Your grace today.
Speaker 1: I invite you in every moment, let my words be kind, let my heart be open, and my mind be at peace. Help us trust you to follow you and to reflect your love in all that you do. And Jesus name, Amen, We're going to go on a quick break and we'll be right back. Okay, welcome back you guys. Now that we've set the tone for the day, let's commit to carrying this intention with us. Maybe write down your intention on a sticky note, or remind you on your phone, or take a moment at lunch to pause and reconnect. Remember how we started the day to carry it with us. We have that intention, Let's carry it with us. Remember that the world is going to try and pull you in a hundred different directions, but you have the choice to stay anchored in Him. Psalms one eighteen twenty four says, this is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad. No matter what happens today, God is with you. You're walking in His purpose, covered by his love and guided by his wisdom. Joy will always come in the morning. If if yesterday was a bad day, today will be better. Choose to have a better day.
Speaker 2: Get connected no matter what happens.
Speaker 1: You're walking his purpose, covered by his love and guided by his wisdom.
Speaker 2: And as we close out the episode.
Speaker 1: I want to encourage you guys to carry this practice with you guys in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: It's helped me in my daily journey and help me be a better person in general and to.
Speaker 2: View life better. I would hate on my life.
Speaker 1: I would literally hate to wake up and now I just can't wait to really just see what God has for me. Start your day with God, set your intention, and watch how your day transforms.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: If today's episode bless you, share it with a friend who might need a little morning encouragement. And if you haven't already, make sure you guys subscribe so that we can walk this journey together every day until next time. Make sure you guys stay rooted, walk in peace, and remember.
Speaker 2: You are deeply loved.
Speaker 1: This is Jeddika from the Overcomfort podcast and I will see you guys next Tuesday. Bye. Overcomfort podcast is a production of iheartmcura podcast Network.