Speaker 1: And you're here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for choosing the iHeartRadio and Coast to Ghost Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Your quest for podcasts of the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained ends here. We invite you to enjoy all our shows we have on this network, and right now, let's start with Chase of the Afterlife with Santra Champlain.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast, am employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Sandra Champlain. For over twenty five years, I've been on a journey to prove the existence of life after death. On each episode, we'll discuss the reasons we now know that our loved ones have survived physical death and so will we. Welcome to Shades of the Afterlife and welcome to our two hundredth episode celebration. I have three great guests here to celebrate it with us, including Tom Dan Heiser, the man who first had the idea of this show, also New York Times best selling author and three time near death experiencer Danian Brinkley. But first I'd like to introduce you to someone who probably needs no introduction. George Nori is the host of Coast to Coast AM. His captivating interviews with fascinating guests are heard by millions of listeners nightly. He's also the host of the television show Beyond Belief. He's authored and co authored several books, including one about the afterlife called Talking to the Dead. And what he may not know is what a prof found difference he has made in my life. George, Welcome to Shades of the Afterlife.
Speaker 1: Sandrew, my pleasure and congratulations on your two hundredth show. That's amazing, it is, and it.
Speaker 3: So hard to believe that you and Tom had the faith in me for this show. So thank you on behalf of all the people listening, because so many people wouldn't be listening without you.
Speaker 1: Now, the first time we heard you, we were impressed beyond belief, as one would say, and we had to do something with you. And when we came up with the Pureanormal Podcast Network, you were a natural for that.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks so much. I remember being beyond belief with you out there in Colorado, and you had told me a story why you not only have faith in the afterlife, but you know the reality of the afterlife. Can I ask you to share with our listeners why you believe?
Speaker 1: I believe because strange things have happened. And I think that story I was telling you had to do with that fire, wasn't it. Yes, I was a little boy. My mother was raised in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Her father owned a furniture company on the bottom of level of a series of apartments that he had built that he rented out to people. And they had two units of an apartment building that they kind of co created together. So it was one big place. So my parents were up on the third floor. I was sleeping on the second level. Underneath us was the furniture store. Well, in the middle of the night, I was woken up by a firefighter who said, wake up, wake up, get everyone out of the house. There's smoke in the house. There could be a fire. There was something was going on in the furniture store. A mattress had caught fire. So I woke up sprung out of bed, ran upstairs, got my parents, got everybody out of the apartment complex. The Fitchburgh set in a newspaper took a picture of a little twelve year old George Nori in his spare feet walking across the street. And after it was all done, my dad went up to the fire chief and he said, we want to thank the firefighter who woke up my son and got us out of there. And he said, sir, we never got into your apartment complex. He said, yes you did. There was a firefighter with the helmet the mask. He woke my son up and said, get everybody out of here. He said, sir, we were only down in the furniture store where the fire was. We never made it up to your apartment. What could that be, Sandra.
Speaker 3: An angel? That's somebody from the afterlife and they can come right in to shake us up and be there to save our lives. I would say, So, George was at the beginning of you really looking for what else is possible because you have had a lifetime of interviewing great people and really on sharing so much. Is that where that love of searching began.
Speaker 1: It didn't begin there, but it sure contributed to it. The beginning was my mother. She gave me a book called We Are Not Alone by the late Walter Sullivan, who was a New York Times science writer, about his theory that we are not alone in the universe. And I'm reading this book and I'm fascinated by it. Then look magazine, of course to the story on the Barney and Betty Hill abduction case. I'm fascinated with that. And I made the decision at a very young age, in my early teens, I was going to go into broadcasting and unravel these stories. That's what I wanted to do, because I said to myself, people who are part of these programs, these UFOs and these after life stories will talk to a journalist before they just talked to George NORRII picking up the phone. So I decided at that young age that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to go in the broadcasting. Now, my dad had other ideas. He wanted me to become a dentist, and so for two years I went to the University of Detroit to kind of acquiesce his desires of me wanting to become a dentist, until one day I realized They had a great broadcast curriculum there, and a friend of mine who was in that curriculum said, you ought to switch and come into broadcasting. As a matter of fact, I'm working at a TV station right now and I'm going home for Christmas. They won't let me go unless I find somebody to replace me. He was just a copyboy, made two dollars an hour, and I said I'll do it. So I did, and they kept me, and they kept him. And I came back and switched my major in the broadcasting. And my dad got the report cards because he paid the college tuition. And when the report card showed up, he called me downstairs and he said, George, come here. We need to talk about your report card. I said, yeah, Dad, what's wrong? He said, well, I got the wrong report card. I said what do you mean. He said, well, some kid at your university is a seeing broadcast courses, speech classes and all that, but there's nothing here with science and your dental stuff. We got the wrong stuff. I said, Dad, I switched my major. He wouldn't talk to me, Sandra for two months, until one day he was watching a television newscast on that station. I was working for and they would run credits at the end on Friday night and it popped up George Nori, production assistant, and he saw my name. He stayed awake until I got home. Got home about midnight and he said, was that your name I saw on that station? And I said, yeah, Dad, that's what I'm doing now, I told you, and he loved it ever since.
Speaker 3: I bet he did. Similar thing happened when I wrote my book. My mom was thinking, what is this book? You know, what do you really have to say? And she got the very first copy George and I dedicated to her, and she says, Sandra, you're going to change the world with this information. So it's wonderful that her parents believe in us. George, You've heard many stories throughout the years. Are there any afterlife topics from mediums or near death experiences or topics like that that when you have a guest on you think, ooh, I really like hearing about that.
Speaker 1: I liked the story I got one day from an individual who called me years ago and said that it was like during open lines that he called and he was depressed one day and he didn't know what to do, so he decided he was going to do himself in, and he went driving into a small town to try to find a place where he was going to kill himself. And he sat at a park bench overlooking a lake with ducks that would fit the water and fly out, and he said, this is where I decided I was going to shoot myself. And he said, just wasn't. I was ready to pull on my revolver. This old farmer came down and sat next to me and his coveralls, talking about life. He wouldn't leave me alone. I'm there to shoot myself, and he's just talking and talking about people and life and love. And he just talked for about thirty minutes, shook my hand, got up and left. He said, but I got to tell you, George. After he had done this, I felt so good about myself. I decided I wasn't going to kill myself. So I went back to my town, got a new job, got a relationship. I'm happy. Everything's going right. Decided about a year later to go back to that little town to thank that old man. And I figured the only place that would know him would be the barber shop. It's a small little community. So he goes into the barbershop and says, I'm looking for a guy who looks like this, this and this and this. And the barber said, oh, you want to go to the top of the hill the white house on the right talk to his daughter, and he said, okay, I will, and he said, George, whither was going up to the house. I kind of had a feeling something had happened to me. I knock on the door and this girl comes and he said, excuse me, but about a year ago, I think your father saved my life and I just wanted to thank him for that. She said, well, stop right now, because you're about the fifth person to come to me in the last ten years. Dad died ten years ago. That was chilling.
Speaker 3: It is, George. I've interviewed so many people who have near death experiences, and they say that we get to replay our lives from the viewpoint of someone else, and first we go through some of those things that are tougher times that we could have made maybe a different decision, But then we get to see the difference we've made in people's lives, and it's shown as the ripple effect. And I know because I've been a guest on Coast to Coast am and I've heard your listeners call in. You give people life, You give people things to think about, guests to hear new ways of looking at life, and you really empower them. So I know your day will not be for many, many years in the future, but when it does happen, I think you'll be surprised just what a difference from that twelve year old boy to now, the difference that you've made in the life of many.
Speaker 1: And I'll come back on change of the afterlife even from the other I hope.
Speaker 3: So do you have any last words today for our listeners.
Speaker 1: It's just satt to continue listening to the great job that you do. And I want to thank you once again for everything you do on the Paranormal Podcast Network and again congratulations on your two hundredth show.
Speaker 3: Oh George, thanks so much for being our guest today.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You can visit George of course at Coast to coastam dot com watch his television show at Beyondbelief dot com. We're going to go into our first break, but you may ask yourself who had the great idea for Shades of the Afterlife In the first place. You'll meet Coast to Coast AM's Senior producer Tom dan Heiser when we get back, as well as three time near death experiencer and New York Times best selling author Danian Brinkley. We'll be right back on our two hundredth episode celebration of Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 4: Hey, folks, we need your music. Hey, it's producer Tom at Coast to Coast AM, and every first Sunday of the month, we play music from emerging artists just like you. If you're a musician or a singer and have recorded music you'd like to submit, it's very easy. Just go to Coast tocoastam dot com. Click the Emerging Artists banner in the carousel, follow the instructions, and we just might play your music on the air. Go now to Coast tocoastam dot com to send us your recording. That's Coast to COASTAM dot com. Hey, it's the producer Tom, and you're right where you need to be. This is the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: The Coast to Coast AM mobile app is here and waiting for you right now. With the app, you can hear classic shows from the past seven years, listen to the current live show, and get access to the Art bel vault where you can listen to uninterrupted audio. So head on over to the Coast to coastam dot com website. We have a handy video guide to help you get the most out.
Speaker 3: Of your mobile app usage.
Speaker 5: All the infos waiting for you now at Coast to coastam dot com. That's Coast to coastam dot com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain. Next, I'd like to introduce you to the man who turned an idea for an afterlife podcast into a reality. Tom dan Heiser is the senior producer for Coast to Coast AM and he was the one who saw something in me years ago and asked me to host this show. Now, it's hard to believe Shades is celebrating two hundred episodes today. Tom has become my very good friend, but he's also a listener and told me that he's listened to every single episode. Tom, Welcome to Shades of the Afterlife.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sandra, thanks for having me and I'm sure glad that hunch worked out so long ago.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about that hunch, because great things come out of nowhere or I don't know if they're divinely inspired. But the Paranormal Network is fantastic and we could talk a little bit about that in a minute. But you wanted an afterlife show. Where did that idea come from?
Speaker 4: Well, I was sitting in my office here in Sherman Oaks, California, that's where we broadcast from, and my phone rang and it was our aed Haun show, A Julie. Her name is Julie, and she called me and she said, listen, we want to start this paranormal podcast network and I want you just to run with it. She didn't tell me very much. He just said, you know, get some shows to get and we're going to start this baby, and you deal with it. So I'm like, great, I'm up for the challenge. I think that sounds wonderful. So I sat down and I just made a list of shows that I thought would be great, and one of course was the Afterlife because that's one of my favorite subjects. And I started looking at people that we've had on coast and I'm say, yeah, this person's good, this person's good, this and I came across your name and I said, Sandra does a really good job. Let's try her. So I had called you and that's when I asked you to make a demo, and you made one, sent it in and it was a home run. So that was a pretty easy choice.
Speaker 3: You're the best, and you know I give this show my heart and soul every single episode because you know who's listening. There's a lot of people, of course that are interested in paranormal in the afterlife, but mainly we get people who have loved ones that have passed, and so tom on behalf of all the listeners. Thank you for having that punch and making it into a reality.
Speaker 4: Well, you're very welcome. I'm sure glad I could do that. I do know how hard you work at this show, and believe me, doing this stuff for twenty years, twenty plus years, I know that radio affects people and helps them, and I know that you do that, and you share emails with me, and so I'm very glad that you're doing your show. And not to make it all about you or all about me, because I believe radio and podcasts are really for the people. But I do want to say congratulations and there you go.
Speaker 3: Are there particular topics that you love hearing about.
Speaker 4: Just in general or within the afterlife?
Speaker 3: Realm okay, that all sounds good has shades of the afterlife made you kind of go wow and helped you a little bit in your life having thinking of a bigger picture.
Speaker 4: So it's a yes and no. I kind of know what I believe, you know what I mean. I don't waiver much in my thoughts, but I'm very open minded to listen to people. So one of my favorite things, though, is I like when you tell stories about people that have been helped. Because I a long many moons ago, when I went to college, I told myself I wanted to get into radio partly because people bond with their radio hosts. You know that. I don't have to tell you that, and they bond with the radio show and it helps people. So you know, it's a great way to make a living and help people. And that's one of the reasons I really got into it. So listening to stories that you tell me, or emails that you pass on or that you read on your show, I think is really great.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so glad I get a bunch of them. And I can't help but think, if you guys didn't give me that chance, these words wouldn't be out there, and they're going to be out there forever.
Speaker 4: Look the way I look at it, if we wouldn't have given you a podcast, somebody else would have found you.
Speaker 3: Oh you're sweet. I'm just a messenger for the people. Can I ask you to talk a little bit about the Paranormal Podcast Network because it's not just Shades of the Afterlife. There's some other celebrations going on too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sure can. We started out with three shows and we didn't want to go beyond that, just because you have to give something like this a chance to grow and market it and let people know that it's out there. So we started off with you course, Shades of the Afterlife. And I remember calling you telling you, look, I don't wavor about titles. I have a thing. It's weird, but I just have a thing and this is what I want to call it. And you were more than gracious and said, yeah, let's do that. So that was good. And then I called Joshua P. Warren, who's been our show many times. I think you know him, and I said, josh here's the deal, let's come up with something. And we nicknamed him the Wizard of Weird because he just tackles it's of weird subjects. And we called it Strange Things because it's kind of a strange guy himself, like I am and people are. And so we did that, and then we had Heidi Hollis do a show called Dark Becomes Light. So those are the three shows we started out with, and we wanted to just let them cultivate and grow. The end of May, we added a show called Beyond Contact with Captain Ron. And Captain Ron is the guy who bought Contact in the Desert, which is a huge event that's held here in Los Angeles in near Palm Springs, So you know. And I wanted a UFO show for a long time, all those those couple of years while you guys were doing your shows. I'm like, man, we gotta have a UFO show. What are we doing here? But I couldn't find the right one. There's great you followists out there, but you know, to be a great researcher is one thing, but you have to talk if you're going to do a podcast, and no offense to anybody, but I just couldn't find the right one. And then I had met Ron and he was doing a podcast when I met him, and I just kind of listened and I said, hey, man, make me a demo, and it just came out really well. So we launched him and he's doing really well, so I'm very happy about that.
Speaker 3: That's great. Where can people find the other podcasts?
Speaker 4: All you need to do is download the iHeartRadio app if you listen on your phone, if you listen on a PC, just go to iHeartRadio dot com and then in the search on both of those, all you need to do is put Coast to Coast AM and all the shows will pop right up. They're all there with their little icons, and then click on the one you want to listen to, which hopefully you'll listen to all of them. And that's kind of how you get to listen.
Speaker 3: And speaking of listening to all of them, George Nori made an announcement on Coast to Coast about Shades of the Afterlife, and I got a nice email this past week from a fellow that listened to all episodes within forty five days, So a shout out to our friend there. Trusting George, Sandra, you are boinge to listen to people binge like breaking back right, they binge the Golden Girls, they binged, Sandra, that's awesome, that is awesome. Well, Tom, we have a lot of people who really appreciate that you created shades of the afterlife, and so what message would you like to leave them with today or there's anything else you want to share?
Speaker 4: There is, But first I want to turn the tables just a little. I was thinking to myself, I want to ask you three questions, and I want your thoughts on these. Okay, okay. One. I one hundred and fifty thousand percent believe that there is an afterlife and I'm planning to go through the good side of it. And I know that there's ones for pets, and I want to get your thought on pets and death.
Speaker 3: Tom. I don't believe that our pets go with us. I know they do. I've heard hundreds of stories of near death experiences and people's pets are there to greet them. You know. They say that dog is God spelt backwards. They're here to love, to show us unconditional love, and right up to the end, that's who they are. I think their lives are short because they've done their work really showing us unconditional love. And I one hundred percent believe our pets go to the same we do, and the moment they passed, they're back to being puppies and kittens again, chasing butterflies, and they'll be waiting for us when it's our turn.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so hard. I have a little Maltese's name is Freddy, and we went to the doggie doctor today. I like to take him in and get him checked out, make sure he's okay. But he's an older guy. She started to kind of you know, lean, and I just shut her down. I can't even think about that. It's so tough to think about that. Do you have pets?
Speaker 3: I did, and it's interesting. My pet, Millie Kat, she passed right before I had to do the final read of my book We Don't Die, A skeptics discovery of life after death, and before it went to print. I had to reread the book, and I was grieving her loss because I had her for over ten years. The last thing I wanted to do was read my book. Tom When I did, oh my gosh, it made me realize that the afterlife is real. I was grieving, and there's a chapter in there about grief and how to get through it. And I realized that Millie passed at the right time because I got to see how powerful the words were in the book about moving through grief and that there is an afterlife. And that's really what I try to inject in every episode of Shades of the Afterlife, because I know that love and Tom if I can tell you we love our pets often more than we love human beings, so that grief can be even worse.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, you are You're so wonderful, because I'm just not there. I can't. There is no right time for me for my dog. And I don't want to go into this anymore because it upsets me, it really does. But there's no right time, you know. I'm not sure ifau'll ever get there. But I was just wondering waiting for you to get done with George. I was wondering what your thoughts were on that, And so that's why I want to ask you that question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my advice to anyone, whether it's a pet or a loved one, is be in the present moment. I tell you, we human beings have been through a lot, and we have to trust our future selves that we'll be able to make the decisions we need to and handle things then, as we've made so many decisions in the past, but our mind wants to look ahead to the future always, And how am I going to deal with this or that? Just be in the present moment. And you love mister Freddie with all your heart, and I know he feels the same way about you.
Speaker 4: Just not a good question, Okay, So my second question to you, I wanted to ask you, what do you say in you meaning anybody that comes across this to people that just don't believe there's an afterlife?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's important to know what kind of skeptic we're dealing with. There are people called open minded skeptics, and then there are closed minded skeptics. The open minded skeptics are you know, I really don't believe in this, but I'm open to hear what you have to say, in which case I'd tell them about some of my journey because I was a skeptic. I didn't believe in any of this, but again an open minded skeptic. But then Tom, there's these closed minded skeptics that will cross their arms, and no matter what you have to say, I'm not going to believe we can't get through to those people. We can imagine that someday they'll have a loved one pass or they'll start asking those big questions and hopefully they're open. But we can't force this upon anyone. Let's take a quick break and then we'll be back with producer Tom, and then you'll meet Danian Brinkley. You're listening to our two hundredth episode celebration of Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast Network.
Speaker 2: The art Belvault never disappoints classic audio at your fingertips. Go now to Coast tocoast am dot com for fool details.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Costam Paranormal podcast Network with the best shows that explore the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained. You can enjoy all shows on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find your favorite podcasts.
Speaker 6: My name is Mark Rawlings, president of Paranormal Day dot com. Over five years ago, George Nori approached me with a unique concept, a dating site for people searching for someone with interest in UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, conspiracy theories, and the paranormal. From that Paranormal Day dot Com was born, it's a unique site for unique people and it's free to join to look around. If you want to upgrade and enjoy more of our great features, use promo code George for a great discount, So check it out. You got nothing to lose Paranormal Day dot Com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain and thank you for joining us today on our two hundredth episode celebration. In this segment, you're going to meet Dani and Brinkley, who was struck by lightning. He's had three near death experiences and he's made his life about helping others in such a unique way. But before we get to him, we're going to hear some more from our producer Tom. Shades of the Afterlife was his idea, and I'm so grateful that he asked me to be the host. Tom had asked me my ideas of dealing with skeptics. There are open minded skeptics and there are closed minded skeptics. So let me continue my answer to Tom Emen Alexander the neurosurgeon. He said that every open minded skeptic weather arms crossed and said, no, I don't believe, but I'm open. He's turned them into a believer with such great stories of near death experiences and especially the verifiable evidence that so many near death experiencers have. So there's hope for skeptics. But my recommendation is to be open, be open that there's something more.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good answer. And I do like Evans' work a lot. I do like him. Okay, right, for my third one, and this is the final question, I'll let's get back to it because I kind of hijacked you for a minute. Do you think in the afterlife that we are forgiven? And what I mean by that is nobody's perfect in this life, nobody, And so you know, we do bad things sometimes right, or things maybe we shouldn't do, but maybe we keep doing them, and yet we go, man, we shouldn't do this.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of relating it to in tune to like someone shouldn't be eating twinkies every day, right, So they say I'm going to stop, and then they go, oh, man, I don't eat this Twinkie. So they know, is what I'm trying to say. That's my point. They know, and yet they do it. And so I'm just curious if you think we're forgiven.
Speaker 3: Definitely. First of all, the hardest part of our soul's existence is this life here on earth. It's brutal sometimes, and we have the ego and the voice that says, have another Twinkie. We all have that. But I think the nature of us living this life is for our souls to have different experiences really and to have that soul growth. And I don't think there is a being that judges us from all the near death experiences. I've heard, there's what's called the life review, and we get to experience our life from the viewpoint of other people, so we get to feel whether we said something we shouldn't have said or hurt their feelings, but we also get to experience the good that we've done and the ripple effect of that. So our divine self can look back at our human life and say, Okay, you kept promising yourself you wouldn't need another Twinkie, but you did. Let's forgive you. So it's only us, And I don't even want to say we judge ourselves, but we look back on our lives where we have grown and what we could have done better, and for the future we have learned. So I hope that answers it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does. But I will tell you that many people do judge themselves.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those people. I definitely am. But when we cross over, we get a bigger understanding of why and who we were, and some of the toughest times we have in our life become a gift where we can help another human being. So try not to be so hard on yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't want to cross over anytime soon, but I'm sure it's even more wonderful than anybody can imagine.
Speaker 3: You can't cross over. We got two hundred plus more episodes of Shades of the Afterlife to go. Well, Tom, thanks so much for being our guest today.
Speaker 8: Of course, absolutely, I enjoyed it very much. Talking to you me too. You're going to meet Danian Brinkley, who first appeared on Shades of the Afterlife way back on episode twenty nine. He is a man who has survived three near death experiences, has written several books. In fact, his New York Times best selling book Saved by the Light has sold over twenty million copies. His story was made into a movie which has now been viewed over one hundred million times. Our friend Danian Brinkley not only talks about the afterlife, but has a passion for supporting our veterans and actually all of humanity. As founder of the Twilight Brigade, Danian has spent thousands of hours by the bedside of hundreds who have passed and believes all of us should be educated in end of life care because, in his words, if you're breathing, you're leaving.
Speaker 3: Danian, welcome back to Shades of Afterlife and Sandra, congratulations.
Speaker 7: Two hundred episodes and it's a pleasure to be a part of this. I think that the concept of the near death experience is bringing such a new awareness to this illusion of what we call death. I'm a devout believer in that no one dies, and once a person begins to grip that concept, a whole other level of consciousness opens up to them without ever having a near death experience. So people just listen to these experiences and always never believe everything you hear. But if you listen, the construct that has controlled our reality of the illusion of what's next. The near death experiences and programs like yours is washing away that illusion, and we're beginning to realize the great, powerful and mighty nature of our spiritual identity. And I'm really proud for you to have persevered through the years with the diligent support of your mom to make all this happen.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks so much for that. There's a lot of people that are skeptical, Danian, but they're open. They want to believe. What would you say to them.
Speaker 7: Open up your heart before you open up your mind, Open up your heart, before you open up your mind, and look at how it's constructed. The basic premise of what happens, the lifting out of the body, the life review, the consciousness awareness of who you are. No one dies, and yes there's Hell's experiences, but that's about less than three percent. And if you listen to it intently saying, you get a chance to hear what that person's working through. So when you come up with the concept about people being skeptical, I would have been skeptical myself, sayan because I wouldn't have bought into it if it had not happened to me. So I support that. But what people really need to do is open up their hearts before they opened up their mind. We've all been conditioned with religions, institutions, and governments with a fear of what we call death. Well, what we call death never happens. I have been around thousands of people. I have been with two thousand and seventeen people going from this world to the next, and three hundred and fifty eight taken their last breath. And I've been through a death experience and were literally three near death experiences and had to be clinically resuscitated twice. So spending the last forty eight years as a hospice volunteer and going through these experiences, I can tell skeptics, believers, everyone, categorically you will not die. And what you have to do is let go of the illusion of all the things that religions and institutions and governments have perpetuated upon us to get us to be less in control of our divine self and thereby being better controlled by our human self. And this is the paradigm that shift absolutely.
Speaker 3: And let's talk a little bit about hospice and end of life training, because in our current day, most people are hidden from death. People are in nursing homes, they go to hospitals. How important is it for each one of us to understand the dying process and what the dying need, because, like you say, if we're breathing, we're leaving.
Speaker 7: It's imperative. Now, this is a personal viewpoint saying I believe that evil has its greatest power in end of life being having more than forty thousand dollars at the bedside and watching what happens between the person in transition and the family members. Evil controls, It destroys families, It creates bridges and relationships, It creates negligence, and people not understanding this process plays right into the hands of those who are trying to control us and trying to run our lives and to keep us in fear. I'm a giant believer in breathing because I believe that breath is the most important thing that a person must focus on. And how deep you breathe tells you how much you appreciate the life you have. And if you're frightened and afraid, then you breathe even less shallow and you get less oxygen to your brain, which slows down your system. People have to understand no one is going to die in the way that you're told you transition and why I became a hospice volunteers in the Life review saying, you see your whole life pass before you in a three hundred and sixty degree panorama. You watch it from a first person point of view as though you were your own best friend, and then you literally become every person that you ever encounter, and you feel the direct results of your interaction between you and that person. That means no one gets away with anything. No one's going to save you from yourself. And at the end, and this is a Danianism, you ask yourself this question. If I couldn't come today and God sent you in the life you just reviewed, what difference did you and God make? That is the most important thing that I could tell everyone in this audience listening. If God couldn't come today and God sent you or divinity, what difference did you and Divinity make? Well, knowing that I was a marine and knowing that veterans are literally neglected, and literally when I came into this game, they were thousands a day passing from World War One, World War two, and Korea. And when I looked at it, somebody had to do something. So I went to work and created the Toilette Brigade, which became one of the largest end of life care volunteer programs for dying veterans in American history, and I am the co author of the standard end of life care model now used by the Veterans Administration called novet Die Alone. What people have to get a grip on is the more you hide from the fact that if you come here and you're breathing, you're leaving. And if you just took a breath, how valuable is that breath to your life? And to not educate yourself on the process, which is inevitable, makes you a mistake and it leaves people alaned, frightened, abandoned, and scared as they prepare to make the transition from this world back to where we came from. Always remember we chose to come here, and even more importantly, we were chosen to come here. And once you were chosen, you make a decision of whether you want to come or not. We are in control, no matter what you think about not being in control, you are in control. And when you have that as a mindset, like many indears have as a mindset. You have a tendency to better control and run your life, to be supportive of people in transition, and to be there when they need you the most. Like I always say for a veteran, they were there when we needed them. We must be there for them when they need us.
Speaker 3: Danian, we need to take a quick break and then we'll be right back for you to continue sharing. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. The Internet is an extraordinary resource that links our children to a world of information, experiences, and ideas. It can also expose them to risk. Teach your children the basic safety rules of the virtual world. Our children are everything, Do everything for them.
Speaker 4: On the iHeartRadio and Coast AM paranol Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Listen anytime, any place.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's the Wizard of Weird Joshua P.
Speaker 7: Warren. Don't forget to check out my show Strange Things each week.
Speaker 6: As I bring you the world of the truly amazing and bizarre right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain, and this is our two hundredth episode celebration. We're talking to Danian Brinkley, struck by lightning, has had three near death experiences and you can hear his entire story on episode twenty nine. You were just talking about our veterans.
Speaker 7: They were there when we needed them. We must be there for them when they need us. And the most important thing is this transition is an inevitable part of this life. To hide from it in religion or religions, or institutions or government programs, to hide from it and avoid it is a mistake. Why we end up neglecting the celebration of the life of those who we love, and we put them in a position to drag on and carry on and stay here so much longer than they were designed to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that, Danian. We have a lot of people listening to your words right now that are grieving from the physical deaths of a loved one. What message would you have for them today?
Speaker 7: Of first, I want to tell them that I love each and every one of them very much. And second, loss is an inevitable part of this program. And trust me, you only want to stay here as long as you are required to get the job done you were sent to do, and then you want to get the heck out of here. I don't want to stay any longer, although the fear of death is what drives me to keep getting up from the quote unquote dead and to keep pushing this message because we live in an illusion and it's a delusional perspective that we're living in, and we're not truly understanding the divinity of our spiritual selves. Everyone who is listening and everyone who is not listening is a great, powerful and mighty spiritual being with dignity, direction, and purpose. The only thing that can ever go wrong in your life is you allow something to affect your dignity, which kews your direction and your purpose. And what the biggest thing is is how lower of an opinion you have about yourself, which is what affects your dignity. And when I can get people to grip that, then the consciousness elevates sam What happens is there the vibration changes. Religions and institutions in governments control how we view ourselves. Guilt, sins, suffering, you're going to heaven, You're going the hell. You're going to be eternally burned and damned and all that garbage. None of that stuff ever happens. You are responsible for this life, and you're responsible for the choices that you make in this life. And for all of you who are grieving, then that's natural. You process the separation, but remember you will see them again and you will be reunited, and you'll laugh about the whole process that you just went through. You'll laugh about it because the celebration of this life is the most important thing. That you were chosen to come here to be an integral part of a program unfolding. And if you believe like I do, we're living in a new age. The world I was born in seventy four years ago has disappeared, and now I'm watching the unfoldment of a new world and a new reality being formed. And so is all the rest of us. Say, so we are the light bearerst We are those who hold this place of divine spirituality so that people can see, within the framework of the transition that we're going through, that there is stability, and in that stability comes warmth, secure and a knowingness that we came to do a job. We get that job done, and we get the heck out of here unless they call us to come again. So listen, everybody. It's okay to feel the loss of someone you have loved. It's so so okay to feel the sense of loneliness. But I want to tell people, and this is the truth that you've ever heard it before, in the spiritual world, there is no such thing as helplessness and loneliness. It's the big lie. You come here and you take on a belief that you can be helpless when you're born and when you leave, and you can be lonely based on the opinion you have of yourself are the opinion you think other people have of you. So helplessness and loneliness are the controlling mechanisms that are the undercurrent that controls our lives. So if you've lost someone, Heaven's gained them. And as you grieve bereavement, it's natural. But remember it's as short as a life is, and you will be reconnected with that person. It'll be in a different form everybody. Because we take on characters, we take on personalities, We design ourselves a certain way so that we fulfill the design divine spiritual need that we were chosen to come here, and I'd like to tell everybody else this. The fact that you were chosen to come here at this particular time means there is no one better than you to do the job that the divine get you to do. So when you're sitting quietly and you're missing someone, take a bowl of water. Get a small bowl of water and put up into salt that's your body. Take a birthday candle and pick their favorite color. And take that birthday candle, and remember the flame is red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo, and violet. All the colors of the spectrum is in that candle flame. And as that birthday candle burns down, when you're sitting there and that candle flickers and goes out, you think of the funniest thing that ever happened between you and the person that you're missing. And you'll be sitting in the dark laughing. But so will they, because laughter crosses every boundary, Love crosses every boundary. Sadness, loneliness and despair only thickens and never moves very far past the physical mental consciousness. But laughter, joy and celebration and in the love of life, and you will quietly be sitting in dark laughing but you will know that they feel you, they hear you, and they're surrounded with you with as much love as they're allowed to give back over here, because messing up the job that you came to do could easily be done if they appeared. And also remember to slow your vibration down to come back into this densa a reality is very difficult. And also if we knew exactly that connection stayed, then we wouldn't stay focused on our job. I need everybody to know that I love them and I have seen who we are once again. We are great, powerful and mighty spiritual beings with dignity, direction and purpose. The only thing that can ever go wrong is you allow something to affect your dignity, which skews your direction and your purpose. So when you look in the mirror, who is that person? When you look in the mirror, what is that person's aims and goals? And make sure every day those are clarified, and at the end of each day go back and see how well you maintained. The panoramic life review is the greatest gift we are given to know. You're going to see your entire life pass before you. You're going to watch it from a second person point of view, as though you were your own best friend. Now, what a delightful way to pass from this world to the next, knowing that your best friend is telling you, oh, God, Daniel, how stupid could you be? But you know that they love you and they don't care. And the other thing is when they pat you on the back, they are saying, what a great job. You get a chance to see your life from that point of view, and then you're going to be every person that you've ever encountered. And for most people, that experience is the greatest joy. All the things you think you've done wrong, it's never what you did, it was why you did it. Intention. The intent of why you did something becomes the single most important thing. So everybody, please pay attention to the reason why you're doing it, not why you're doing it. And please don't be as big a fool as I was. Because the first panoramic life review was horrible, the second one was a lot better, the third one I even got better, and the fourth one I began to truly appreciate myself and the efforts I have put forth and the pain I've gone through that it all has meaning and understanding, and it only makes me love each and every one of you who have anything to do with Coast to Coast more than they could possibly imagine.
Speaker 3: Danian, thank you so much for the difference you've made in my life and many others, and for being here on our two hundredth celebration episode.
Speaker 7: And Sandra, thank you for persevering putting these shows together and bringing this opportunity for people like me to be able to try to open up hearts. Before you open up your mind. Nobody ever dies. It will never happen. Everybody never, and the process of why you come here for such a short period of time, which eighty years is not a very long time, is designed that way. So you get here, you get the job done, and you get home. So everybody, please open up your heart for a moment. Send Sandra and her mom all the love that you could possibly send. Send deep appreciation, and know that we who are members of the Knight who love Coast to Coast and all the programs because I've been on Coast to Coast since I think nineteen ninety four, and I appreciate everybody, and I thank you for even considering putting me on this show and happy celebration of two hundred episodes.
Speaker 3: Oh wonderful words. Thank you so much and for all that are listening. You can find out more about Daniel and his work and his books at light Streamers dot com. Wow, so much passion and truth in his words. I don't know about you, my friends, but I'll be listening to these words again and I feel so humbled by the words from George Nori and Tom dan Heiser. I'm sure, just like you, you find something good you want to share it with others. And I have so much appreciation for our friends at iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM for giving me this platform to share with you. Also, my home base is we Don't Die dot com. At the bottom of the page. There you can enter your name and email address and get a free copy of my book We Don't Die, a skeptics discovery of life after death. It says it's just the first few chapters, it's the entire higher book. We also offer a free Sunday gathering inspirational service with medium demonstration included. And I always say the best way to experience the power of your soul is to take a class, and you might want to join our Soul to Soul communication class. In closing, never forget that your loved ones reside and the invisible space around you. They love you, They are part of your lives, and you will see them again. I'm Sandra Champlain, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for being part of our two hundredth episode celebration of Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Pirinormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Day and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 6: MHM