Speaker 1: The volume. Let's talk about something really really important. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan's America's largest injury law firm, and they're there for you. Over one hundred offices nationwide. Think about that, more than a thousand lawyers with over twenty billion. That's a b twenty billion dollars recovered for over five hundred thousand clients. Things happen in life unexpectedly. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is really really easy. Like winning in the NFL is hard, we know that quarterbacking in the NFL is hard, Submitting a claim is easy. You're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to for Thepeople dot com, slash Colin or dial pound law from your cell phone. Pretty easy. That's for the people dot com slash Colin or pound law pound five to nine from your cell Morgan and Morgan has a proven track record of fight for you to get a full and fair compensation if there's an unexpected accident in your life. This is a paid advertisement all right time for an instant reaction. I got to be honest, I've already sent Justin Herbert a text. I've poured one tonight just for this. Thirty four to twenty seven chargers went, whoever won. I was happy, although I did pick the charger, so I'm a little happier, you know. I've said this is when I started the volume. One of the things I really really like. When I was in my twenties and thirties, I was probably just too selfish to help anybody else. I was into my thing, and I didn't you know, I was unmarried. And then you get older and older, and you have kids, and you get married, and you know, over time, you know, hopefully you have something in you that you want to see others succeed. And I love seeing young quarterbacks in the NFL get the right coach, and Bonix could have gotten, you know, countless coaches that couldn't help him. And he's still he is still learning. But in that first half, that was all on script, those first two or three series, and bo Nix was great because he's now got his mentor, he's got his kingpin, he's got Sean Payton. Now the second half it's not on script. That's about talent, and Justin Herbert took over. Herbert's more talented, bigger, stronger. He's just a more talented, experienced quarterback. In the NFL, but both of these guys, these two teams last year were thirteen and twenty one. I mean, think about that, and right now they're eighteen and twelve and both are going to make the playoffs. One got a coach and one Sean Payton got a quarterback. And this tonight was a PSA for the league. You get the right coach, you get the right quarterback, you can turn it around in one season. It doesn't even matter in the NBA if you land Giannis or Jokic. It takes years and years to build up to be viable in Major League Baseball. I mean, there's just some teams that can afford it, right. But in the NFL, Houston was a laughing stock, a bottom three team in the league to meet O'Ryan c J. Stroud playoffs. The Chargers last year, I think by the end of the year they had a team mutiny. They were one of the three worst teams in the league. This defense is all the same guys now. The offense got Joel and Laddi mcconkee, no question upgrades, but they're so beat up. Now they're using a defensive tackle. Are the Chargers as one of their skill people, Matt Locke, give me a break. They're using return guys and Quinton Johnson still can't catch. I mean, this is the second half is you know, Joel and Laddi McConkie have obviously helped, but the Chargers are so beat up on the back end of their defense, and they're beat up at tight end. They didn't have Will Disley. You know, they don't have JK. Dobbins, and you know it's there's still a draft away. They're about six players away. They needed to tight end another running back, although Gus Edwards had a great, huge run of the game. But it just shows you why the NFL is king. You just either get a coach, get a quarterback, or Houston get both and you're a playoff team. And it's just I've always called the NFL the League of hope. But let's first start with the Chargers. They were What did al Michaels say tonight? I can't believe al Michaels is this good at eighty. The guy is such a talented guy. Al Michaels is still funny and quick, and he and Herb Street sound like they like each other. Al Michaels is so good at eighty years old, is insane. He just signed for next year, by the way, but you know that he had said at one point the Chargers were like, oh, for their last eleven and games decided by three points or less, they just don't know how to win, you know, they just they just don't know how to win. And they take this team at the end of last year, it was a disaster at the end of the year, could have been the worst team in the league. Same guys on defense, and in fact, half the defensive guys in the back end are hurt. Derwin James is healthy in carrying them, but they're all banged up, and look at them. And it was such a testament to Harbaugh's coaching because, I mean, Harbaugh and Herbert tonight won the game. Harbaugh's halftime adjustments and Jesse Minter and then Herbert in the second half scrambling on a bad ankle for a first down, that throw for a touchdown in the end zone, moving to his left, throwing it off his bad foot. It was just a Herbert Harbaugh second half of just great coaching, smart adjustments, Herbert doing what he's doing, It's just it makes me really happy. I feel really bad for Caleb Williams. None of it is his fault. I just feel bad for the kid. And maybe it's because in my life I've had really you know, I've been very fortunate that I've landed at good spaces, especially early in my career when I didn't know what the hell I was doing. It's just so important. I tell my kids this all the time. It's not just about you. You're gonna hopefully find somebody that can mentor you cares about your well being and you know, in the job market, and they will make the best out of you. And I feel like that's what Jim Harbaugh is doing to Herbert, and that's what Sean Payton's doing to bow Nicks. Both teams are a draft away, right, but Denver didn't have a ton of depth. The Chargers need more weapons and a couple of corners. But in the end of the half sequence was so perfectly Harbaugh. He's competing to the very end. I mean, Jim Harbaugh's competing to the very end. And some people say he's weird. He's intense Okay, it's the NFL. Belichick was intense, Dan Campbell's intense, John Payton's intense. So end of the first half, you know, they get that field goal, and that's just Harball battling to the end. So there's a big difference between going in down what they would have been and then the field goal. You got a real football game, and trailing eight at half feels a lot different than trailing by twelve. And I mean that kind of momentum into the locker room, change the energy and the juice, and I thought Denver had all the juice in the first half and the Chargers had all of the juice with that field goal going into intermission in the second half, and the Chargers outscored the Broncos twenty four to six once Hardball called that timeout end of the first half and got the free kick before halftime, twenty four to six. Just battling and fighting to the very end. Herbert in the second half, by the way, Jesus, and he again he is working with return guys, a first round receiver that can't catch a defensive lineman. Back up running back Herbert in the second half eleven fifteen, two touchdowns, passer reigning of one forty two point eight Jesus. I mean, it's just, it is just I just isn't it crazy? Is that? You know Sean Payton takes this shipwreck Denver. I think I like their GM, but it's a mess. They're in dead cap hell in the AFC. And before the season started, Vegas had them at five and a half wins, and I thought that, I said it was my favorite double wind total. I thought they would double that. I thought they'd get in kind of the nine eight nine category. They're gonna make the playoffs. They're in with nine wins now, and they'll they'll win one of their final three games, and I think they're capable of winning a playoff game. I don't think Denver's capable of winning two or three, but I think they're capable of winning a playoff game. I feel the same way about the Chargers. They kind of have to win one way. You know, They've got to have Herbert be superman. They've got to have everybody healthy. Pittsburgh's got this feel. Pittsburgh, Denver and the Chargers those are one playoff win teams. Herbert finishes the night about when is it twenty three to thirty one, three hundred yards. It is. It's just you know, remember a couple of years ago and the media, you know, the media went through a weird thing where it was very sensitive. And I remember about three or four years ago, and the media was just saying, Oh, these Thursday night games, they're unfair to players. Oh, give me a break. So I called players, I talked to coaches, and the players I talked to are like, we love Thursday night games. Usually it's a division rival, so you don't have to do a ton of film study. Like tonight, you're playing somebody you know, and it's usually a division game, so the travel isn't too long. It's a two hour flight somewhere, and you don't hit during that week, and then you get almost a second by week. And the media was freaking out about Thursday night games. We've had some sensational Thursday night games. Tonight was sensational. I thought it would be much sloppier. I thought Denver was so crisp in the first half. Now in the second half, Denver, I mean, let's face it, they aided the Chargers on that long drive. They had a couple of guys off sides that was a huge break. There were two big moments in the game for me. That the end of the halftime kick, and then Denver had a series of penalties as the Chargers got that big drive which eventually ended up with Herbert making that throw for a touchdown in the end zone. But they have three or four defensive penalties and that really gave them. They really seized momentum and you could hear the crowd a little bit getting into it, and God, that was just fun. Although my phone drank, it's probably justin Herbert. I'm sorry to be obnoxious. Can I be happy? Chad Milman's coming on for Sharper Square. We're gonna do some college games this week because I think there's a couple of I have two college games. I'm betting that I love. Okay, So a big topic of conversation before I get the Chad Milman has been the NBA ratings this week, and I saw JJ Reddick said tonight, you know the league needs to be celebrated. No, the NBA needs to be audited. Don't blame the fans because the ratings are down. If you own a restaurant and people aren't buying certain items on the menu, change the menu. The audience is right, The consumer's right. The NBA is celebrated too much. The players are pampered and coddled and not called out enough. I mean good. Hell. Adam Silver two years ago said our players are miserable. Twitter is making the miserable. Can you imagine a football player saying that, give me a break. The league is celebrated constantly. It needs to be audited, It needs to be held accountable. Load management's crap. The three point shooting is gross. In fact, did you notice who talked about the three point shooting? Lebron James was asked about the All Star game changes and he dropped an F bomb and said, here's what I notice. Teams are shooting way too many threes. Lebron James said that a guy that loves the game. Joe Mizzoula, the coach of the Celtics, was asked this week about the ratings and he said, yeah, I don't watch our game either. So that's the championship coach and the best player in the last twenty years criticizing the league from a position of power, not seeking attention. In fact, Lebron didn't want to go into it. He kept saying, I don't want to get too into it. So the people that are criticizing the NBA are not bringing a hatchet. They're not anti this or pro nostalgia. When your stuff isn't selling, change the menu. Rob Manfred did, and Adam Silver needs to for the record, when you make changes to your menu to your business, the consumer always responds. Always. I mean, baseball was in a fifteen year drought. Rob Manfred made two changes. The ratings went up the last two years. This year they went through the roof during the postseason. People want to watch sports. I want to watch the NBA. I tried watching the championship NBA Cup Oklahoma City was five to thirty two from threes. It was awful. It was unwatchable. It was drack. So you know, nobody's against the NBA. People at criticize it, watch it. I watch it all the time. I don't really get into it until the football season's done.
Speaker 2: But you know, by.
Speaker 1: February, you know, you have the two weeks before the Super Bowl. I start watching thirty minutes a night, forty minutes a night. So I thought it was in interesting that Joe Missoula and Lebron James both came out and were critical esthetically of the current product. It's not a good watch and when something falls off the cliff in two years, three years, got a look in the mirror. It's not about celebrating, it's about auditing. That's something baseball did recently and something the NFL does annually. NFL is king for a lot of reasons. One of the reasons the ability to self police, self monitor and course correct. Well, it's the most wonderful time of the year forgetting in on all the basketball, football hockey action at DraftKings Sportsbook. It's the season of givings, so we're being gifted college football and basketball, pro football, basketball, pro hockey to almost twenty four to seven. It's an absolutely great time of the year. So a lot of games every day, so many opportunities to place your first bet. Now, if you're gonna bet for the first time, just make it simple. Pick a team to win, any team. Go to Draftking Sports Book. They have an app. Download it ninety seconds. Here's the gift for all new customers. Bet five bucks, just five bucks. If your bet wins, you get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app. The code is Colin col I n New customers one hundred and fifty bucks and bonus bets if you've got five bucks in it wins Happy Holidays from DraftKings.
Speaker 2: Crown is Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Y or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Health is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co. Slash bball.
Speaker 1: All right for Sharper Square my buddy Chad Millman, co host of the Favorites. All odds provided by DraftKings. You know listen. The college football games this weekend won't get the NFL numbers because nothing in the world does. But there's some heaters, and we'll get to that in about fifteen minutes. There's some fascinating games. I mean, I'm sorry, it doesn't make any sense because he's been so good. But if Ryan Day loses home to Tennessee, it's gonna be a shit storm in Columbus. It's gonna be crazy. So we'll get to that in fifteen minutes. Let's do Sharper Square. I've had a terrible year. I've had my worst year ever doing this, and I don't really know. I don't want to outthink the room. I'm about fifty five percent every year. I'm not a pro gambler, but I think I'm, you know, in the ballpark. I've been terrible this year, and I can't you know. I think a lot of it is I've always liked value and underdogs, and it just weeked to week. Some weeks I go dogs, favorites win, some week I go favorites. So I'm just going to give you my thought on this. The Chiefs are now three and a half point favorites. It's more stay away now, But when it was two and a half with Carson Wentz potentially playing, I love Kansas City. I think Carson Wentz for a week is fine for a season. You can't trust his health. So I would imagine at three and a half, the Sharps like the Texans. But if so, I like the two and a half, them three Kansas City. Now if I say I like Kansas City, is it square?
Speaker 3: Totally square? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The wise guys are playing the three and a half because up until last weekend, anytime you're betting on Patrick Mahomes as a more than three point favorite, you're making a negative ROI bet he just has not won as a favorite of more than three. Last weekend, obviously he did. They were four and a half point favorites.
Speaker 3: They covered.
Speaker 4: But even in that game, you saw the pressure getting to Mahomes consistently. You saw them lose the Browns because Jameis Winston had two interceptions in the end zone that were from in the Chiefs end zone from about his thirty yard line, so killing two drafts. Plus they had three other turnovers, including to open the game. You look at that game, the defense gave up seven points, right, and so that game was closer statistically than you would imagine by the score itself. So there is going to be a sentiment you take the Texans at plus three and a half.
Speaker 3: At two and a.
Speaker 4: Half, one hundred percent people were still taking the Chiefs. That's why the number got all the way up to three and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So a prime example, the Steelers get beat and pretty soundy by Philadelphia. But what's lost in that game is they had eighty yards in the first half and only trailed seventeen thirteen in Philly. If Najee Harris doesn't fumble, we got ourselves a football game. Yes, to give the Steelers six and a half ate, You know what the Ravens are. They got They're the Mike Tyson. They crossed their bullies first round knockouts against bad teams. You push them back, you make them think Baltimore can get beat by a lot of good teams. Pittsburgh pushes back. Tomlin is a six and a half point underdog. So I this to me is the steal of the week. Pittsburgh plus six and a half in Baltimore sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wise, guys love this bet, and it's almost become a blind bet in this series. Wise guys like Mike Tomlin as an underdog. Anyways, and you're right that game, Najee Harris. The Steelers were outplayed and in the middle of the third time in the.
Speaker 3: Game, fumble the ball.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't fumble the ball, they're on the sixteen yard line. They're at least kicking a field goal to make it a twenty sixteen game, or they're scoring a touchdown to make it twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Changes the game, right.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin, Mike Tomlin and Rob Ross spots any way you slice and dice it. Mike Tomlin as an underdog is the best coaching a generation against the spread. He is be coach in a generation winning straight up as an underdog in this series, specifically as a dog of three or more versus the Ravens, he is six and oh straight up. There is six and oh against the spread. He's thirteen two and two against spread versus Harbaugh when the line in this series is three or more points the past twenty years, so it's the Harbaugh Tomlin rain. The underdog is twenty three four and three against the spread since twenty fifteen, underdogs sixteen into sixteen to two and one against the spread. So like, yeah that there are times where you're nervous about playing into these trends and We talked about this on the show last week, betting the Steelers fading the Chiefs. Those were times we were nervous, like it happens six times out of ten. This time it's happening eight times out of ten. So yeah, you're playing the Steelers.
Speaker 1: I like the forty nine or plus one at the Dolphins. I think one of the things that's become pretty clear with the Dolphins is if they're not playing an oppressive humidity at home, they get pushed around by more physical teams. I think they're the ultimate finesse team in this league. And you know, as I watch them against Houston, it's just bubble screens. That's all they do. Two is now throwing forty times a game. That's way too much for two of the teams, like the Packers and the Eagles have scaled back with more talented quarterbacks to throw twenty four times a game. I think the forty nine Ers, I think it comes down to pride. For brock Purty, it comes down to a contract. I like the forty nine ers here sharper square.
Speaker 4: Sharp ish, like the line opened one and a half. It's been beat down obviously from one and a half to one for a minute, very hot minute, the Niners were favorites, and then it sort of bounced back a little bit. But that money that's moving, it is professional money in favor of the Niners.
Speaker 3: Not a huge sort of feeling on that game.
Speaker 4: They just sort of think that the Niners are probably a more physical team.
Speaker 3: Are they getting more healthy? They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't believe in the Dolphins is the bigger, bigger component of their thinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Colts were dominating the Broncos until Jonathan Taylor, and it was a blowout. They go home now and have to swallow three and a half. But the Titans are they have Benchwill Levis. I was texting a GM this week and I said, I think if you gave Sam Darnold to the Colts, they have the Viking season. I like their personnel. I mean, I haven't seen anybody this year, including the Chiefs, push the Broncos around, especially in Denver. I mean it was a mismatch. Three picks for bo Nicks. I think Indy, I don't care what the line is. I think they're going to come back. I think they're I think Chris Spallard's jobs on the line. Anthony Richardson's careers on the line. Shane Stikeen with that trick play that got a pick six, I think Indy is inflamed and I think they blow the Titans out sharper square.
Speaker 4: So the wise guys are on Tennessee. This line was at four and a half even when Will Levis was possibly the quarterback. It's been bet down immediately with Mason Rudolph as the quarterback. The wise guys have liked the Titans a lot this year. They've also liked the Colts this year. Their biggest fear is betting Anthony Richardson right as a favorite. Like if you want to talk about comps, the comps for Anthony Richardson and his completion percentage right now, Tim Tebow and Achille Smith in the past twenty five years, this season will go down as one of the worst in completion percentage because of how badly Anthony Richardson is playing. And I think there was a sentiment after he was benched, he came back and he looked like he was a little bit more in control. They were putting him in better positions. He was just awful against the Broncos. They were winning that game in spite of him and look like I was on the Colts last week. Jonathan Taylor dropping that ball was gut wrenching. I was on the Steelers last week, Nigee Harris dropping that ball, and this was all happening. If you're watching Red Zone, this is like boom boom boom. It was just like gut punch after gut punch after gut punch. As a better but you felt like and I felt like Colts had no chance to get back into that game after they gave up the lead because Anthony and Richardson can't win you a game, so they're going to have to dominate on the ground in order to cover this three and a half. And at the end of the day, he got to win by four points. That's a relatively big number and of what should be a run heavy game in which the clock is running a lot. So I think the wise guys are still liking Tennessee.
Speaker 3: In the hook.
Speaker 1: Part of me says, I should love the Bears at home plus six and a half against Detroit Jared Goff outside bad Weather, I defended Caleb Williams this week. He has more touchdown passes than Justin Herbert and Kyler Murray more passing yards than Jalen Hurts and hasn't had an interception since Halloween. Is that if you just look at the record, you would think he's awful, and it's like, no, actually, all things considered now that he's with the third coach at home Detroit, defensively, I mean it's bad.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean eight nine yards a chunk. I think I like Chicago at home plus six and a half sharper square.
Speaker 4: Well, look, the wise guys like Chicago at home when it was at seven and a half and seven, and this is one hundred percent a number play. You're not going to find anyone taking it at six and a half. If you're taking it at six and a half, We've talked about this, you're just not getting the best of the number. And long term, that's a bad way to try to win games. You might win once in a while, but long term you want to be on the right side of the number. So the wise guys took the seven and a half, they took the seven. I think this is a really tricky game at six and a half. Is a home dog in the division, of course, I want to be on the Bears. I can't find a way to get there. I'm not saying I'm going to bet Detroit, but there's two schools of thought on Jared Goff. Jared Goff outside is terrible. Jared Goff indoors is unbeatable. Obviously that happened last week, so it's a hyperbole. But he tends to cover when he is indoors, tends to not when he is outside, and he is a covering machine over the past five years. I look at this in a different way. Sure their defense is beat up, but all they have to do is hand the ball to Jamiir Gibbs, because this Bears rush defense is just atrocious, like Putrid. They are giving up one hundred yards every single game no matter who they play. Saw it again last week against Minnesota. So I do worry that Detroit is going to come out in a bad mood and try to prove that they're still the class of the NFC. Run the ball down the Bear's throat, and it doesn't really matter what Kayleb Williams does or what the weather is, they might dominate this game. So I can't I can't tell you at six and a half, you're making a good call.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rams is now only minus three. I would take them against the Jets. It was three and a half. I think the Jets played the last two weeks. DeVante Adams and Aaron Rodgers, you know, have clicked. But the Rams are playing for the playoffs and the Jets are playing for pride. I mean, between the documentary between Garrett Wilson wanting a trade the story about Woody Johnson's kids, this has been a messy week for the Jets. I can gladly swallow the three for a much better team and a much more functional offense. Rams minus three sharper square.
Speaker 4: I mean, why look, wise guys have been on the Jets all week. The wise guys have been on the Jets for much of the year, and, much to their dismay, jeff Olbrick, the coach, seems to find ways to play them out of wins and covers and then make the stupidest mistakes that actually leads them into a cover that they never should have covered. Right last week, he's going for the touchdown with a minute left when the Jacks have two timeouts. They end up covering the three point spread, winning by six, when really he should have kneeled down and left no time and kicked a field goal week before, make bad decisions at the end of the game. They end up losing the game to the Dolphins and not even covering the three point spread because they lose by six in overtime. So he's a menace when it comes to clock management, and he's a menace for betters. But the wise guys do love the Jets right now. Aaron Rodgers has been playing significantly better the past two weeks. You could argue, well, the old man went to Florida, and when you're old and you're in Florida, you're gonna feel better. And now he's got to come back and play in the cold in New Jersey. But there is something about the Rams and the fact that they have to go into the cold too. Stafford does not perform as well then. And also, this is a team you get late in the year. You get teams that are what I like to call good ish, right fifty to sixty percent in terms of winning percentage, and they're playing bad teams on the road. That is a recipe for disaster in terms of covering the spread. Not saying they're going to lose, but those games tend to be closer. So the wise guys are definitely back of the Jets this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not prone to do this, but green Bay minus fourteen against the Saints just screams Take the Packers. I thought their win at Seattle was so impressive because I do think Seattle has excellent defensive coaching. This has been a year of the favorites. I think the most underrated player in the league is Jordan Love. I think he's a magnificent talent. I think the Saints feel like a dead franchise. I think green Bay still has a chance. They really believe it. I think they're a better team this morning or this afternoon than Detroit. I don't like fourteen point favorites, but they're covering, and favorites are covering, and I feel like I've got a ascending, young, healthy team against the dead franchise. I think Green Bay is one of the few places where home field is still three to three and a half points. Sharper square.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you're never gonna get sharp confirmation on a fourteen point favorite. There are two fourteen point favorites this week, the Packers over the Saints, the Bills over the Patriots. There's been more of the conversation around the Bills as fourteen point favorites. That line actually ticked up to fourteen and a half, and that was very much professionals betting on the Bills at fourteen. Then it came down then to some professionals, not a whole lot of them, but a couple of them were like, yeah, that's what, like half a point too far? The Packers like, sure, there's nobody who's thinking they want to bet on the Saints, but there's not a rush to the window on the Packers.
Speaker 3: Everything you just said, everyone agrees with it. It's why.
Speaker 4: Actually, the wise guys were on the Packers last week against the Seahawks. That was my favorite. Yeah, yeah, mine too. So you only bet I won last week and so they were on him at two and a half. That was a great spot for the Packers, right, They had just lost a really hard game to the Lions, and I think that game gave them the confidence that you just talked about. You saw the mastery with which Lafour calls a game. Jordan Love has been much more cautious with the ball, hasn't been throwing interceptions. I think the Packers believe they are in the same class as the Vikings and the Lions and the Eagles, and I'd be hard pressed to disagree. I think it's harder to win as two touchdown favorites against a Saints team that like from a wise guy perspective, they just don't like this game as much as they would like the Bills and the Patriots. And I can tell you why they like the Bills against the Patriots if that would be interesting to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Please.
Speaker 3: So this is the win Josh Allen MVP game. Right.
Speaker 4: There's talk this week because Lamar Jackson threw five touchdowns against the Giants that maybe he should be MVP, and you saw the MVP odds shrink a little bit. The Bills tend to blow these teams out anyways, right, they are a team that has a winning record as big favorites in these games in the division outside the division at home, they they don't play down to the level of their competition. Their offense can do whatever it wants against the Patriots. If the Patriots are down early, their record against the spread it's like seven and twenty one the past two years, like they are a terrible team. They cannot recover. So If the Bills get out to lead early, which they tend to do, it's a great spot. The one concern is, you know, the Bill's secondary has a lot of injuries, but there's really no concerns about the Patriots offense. They got Drake may who's slinging it and trying his best. But right now Gerrod Mayo was throwing Alex Van Pelt under the bus about their offense. There's just a lot of turmoil there. So the wise guys, if they're betting a big favorite, they're more inclined to bet the Bills than the Packers.
Speaker 1: All these college football reactions presented by JLab. I'm wearing my JLab earbudge right now. They're awesome. They have the best audio products in the game. They're ready to take care of you this football season. Okay, whether you're traveling to watch your favorite team play or just streaming the game at home. Find the Blue Box. That's how I first found it at an airport, Logan Airport in Boston. Find the Blue Box at Walmart, Target Best Buying more, or just visit JLab dot com. Their price points really good. All right, I want to talk some college football now because I think I do think Indiana Notre Dame a lot of its weather. I think it's going to be pretty close. I think Notre Dame is a great run team. Indiana is a kind of a peculiar unique run defense. I think really good coaches with time can employ, you know, competitive strategies. We know that Ohio State in Columbus on a nice day to play football is better significantly. Notre Dame doesn't have Ohio State's talent, and I also think Indiana now has extra time to prepare. I think Notre Dame has a ceiling offensively, whereas Ohio State doesn't. They just played down to their competition. Notre Dame has a ceiling, and I think Indiana is going to So I really like Indiana plus seven. How do the wise guys view it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look the numbers come down because wise guys are betting Indiana and Indiana's look.
Speaker 3: Been a covering machine this year.
Speaker 4: Yes, obviously that Ohio State game was the biggest challenge. They also didn't cover against Michigan, but that was at a time when Michigan was starting to get better. And the next week they went on and they beat Ohio State. So that was a much more physical game. Ohio State. Indiana had some bad plays and they were outclassed, and you could see the talent difference.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. The wise guys are with you, and the way.
Speaker 4: Indiana matches up a little bit better with Notre Dame and the time and look, you can't help but listen to Kurt Signetti and know that he's playing this game and has got his players playing this game with a huge chip on their shoulder.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about this.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons Indiana won this year and why it was able to achieve when other teams that are leaning into the portal weren't able to achieve, is because they brought in grown up college football players. They didn't bring in five star recruits who are going to be there for a year and go to the NFL. They bought it guys who are just really good at college football. And this is a great college football game. And there is a nuanced difference when I say a college football game. Here, that's the style of game this is going to be. It's going to be physical, it's going to be about execution. It's going to be about not necessarily the best athletes, but the people who do their jobs the best, So I love this game for Indiana.
Speaker 1: I like the under on Clemson Texas, mostly not because Texas is going to score a ton. I don't think Clemson can score much on Texas. I'm gonna take Texas minus twelve. I really feel it has a chance to be thirty to ten. I think the Texas defense is sensational, and I think the Clemson offense it's almost like that SMU game felt like their bowl game. I think both SMU and Clemson are going to get totally outclassed in their bowl games. I like the under, but I'm going to take Texas minus twelve. I think this Remember Clemson doesn't go to the transfer portal, they have ols app, Texas out recruits them and goes to the transfer portal. And also Texas's offense over the last three weeks, I don't think they'll pause. If quin your struggles, I think they'll go to Arts Manning. I don't think they'll pause going forward. I like Texas to roll here, sharper square.
Speaker 4: Totally sharp, like if you're looking I'm looking in the action app right now. It's just checking it out and you can see in the app you can see the betting tickets, and you can see the money percentages on each side, and betting tickets is usually an indication of the public. That's the squares who are betting ten dollars twenty dollars, and there's a lot of volume of tickets. Money usually represents where the wise guys are. So the tickets right now are on Clemson, the money is on Texas, And I agree with you, and the wise guys agree with you. That defense they have is just fear like they did a job on Georgia. And if Texas's offense could execute a little bit better, then we wouldn't be having this conversation about who's the who is the SEC champion would have been Texas. So like, that defense is so freaking good, and it's a veteran defense. Again, we're talking about like guys who had been playing college football for a while, and I think that's an advantage here.
Speaker 1: So the game, I'm gonna ask you to handicap. I don't get the line. So the line is telling me Ohio State's gonna win because it hasn't moved much. So Tennessee's defensive line is significantly better than Ohio State's offensive line, meaning Ohio State's gonna have to throw and it may only be fifteen degrees, but this line is telling me that out after that Michigan loss, Ohio State has pissed and Ryan Day's jobs on the line line and Josh Heipels isn't and it's in Columbus and it is a warm weather SEC team. So the line is telling me that Ohio State's going to win this comfortably. That's what it's telling me. Otherwise, when it came out seven and a half, the Sharps would have jumped all over this. I mean, Tennessee is the best rushing team in the SEC. Going into cold weather. It just screams to you, low scoring, take the points. But the line's not moving, and that tells me the Sharps like Ohio State, do they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, it's settled in where it's at, right, and that is because it's been It's kind of the advantages is not for Tennessee because of some of these situations that you just talked about, And there is some feeling that this is such a desperate spot for Ryan Day. It's been seven and a half almost since it opened. It was at six and a half for about thirty seconds. These guys took the six and a half. They bet Tennessee at six and a half, right, But there was so much other sentiment coming in on Ohio State that it moved up. So Ryan Day is in a spot. And we've talked about this. There was a story in the Wall Street Journal today about Ohio State fans people calling in to local radio about Max Crosby, who the Lions, the Raiders defensive lineman who's out for the year. On his podcast, he's a massive Ohio State fan, talking about how.
Speaker 3: He wants the team to lose so they get rid of Ryan Day.
Speaker 4: That is a weird thing to be talking about when you've got a coach who has.
Speaker 3: Won as much as he has.
Speaker 4: But I think you and I agree every game for him is going to be a must win game. And unless they win the championship or they get there and they are so dominant, and he puts himself in a position even if they lose, it's a way to rebuild the goodwill. It's a Michigan or bust program. And he hasn't beaten him and they haven't gotten over it.
Speaker 1: You know. I think sometimes one of the things I love about sports is when there's cultural changes. I like to be I like to predict what they are. I love the theories and my systems on like what's changing. So something's happening in college football, and college football fans don't yet know it. So in the NFL, it's almost understood that you've got to give a staff a couple of years, right, Like, there's just it's just really hard. The margins are thin. Well, I think the Ohio States and the Georgia's and the Texas fans, you know, you've always been able to line up and just beat teams. And one of the reasons is over a long season is your backups were as good as their starters. And football's regulated level levels of violence. So there's college and pro. There's injuries, but the transfer portal and NIL has eliminated depth at the blue bloods Georgia, Texas, Clemson. So when you do suffer injuries and the season is now longer than ever, your backups are produced starters, that's all they are. And so these Ohio States and these big Notre Dame, these big traditional powers, as the season goes on, I mean, look at look at our twelve team playoff. Arizona States in it, SMUs in it, Boise States in it like, and these these are live dogs like and so I don't think quite college football fans understand. Not only are players getting paid that it looks more like pro football, but your backup stink just like pro football. Detroit's defense now has six backups. It's terrible. A month ago it was excellent. And so what and what creates that the salary cap? You have bad backups in the NFL? Nobody has depth in the NFL. You eat it like Philadelphia's got great frontline starters. AJ Brown's out. It's not the same offense. Right, Saquon Barkley's out, it's not the same offense. We've almost understood that in pro football you need your starters. And when you get injury plagued Buffalo Detroit's defense, you're like, what the hell's going on? Well, everybody knows you don't have good college That was never the point. Top ten teams just had better backups. I mean, eighty five scholarships allows you to have four pro offensive tackles. If you're Ohio State, now they have two. One gets hurt, you move a guard to left tackle. They're all lime stakes it's Iowa at best.
Speaker 4: So you're you're totally right. That's an on the field problem. But culturally, for fandom, yeah, the beauty of college football, it's always been Michigan Ohio State rivalry weekend. You know, Alabama Tennessee or Alabama Auburn. You know these games they had so much meaning because there was a lot on the line.
Speaker 3: You couldn't lose that game.
Speaker 4: I think what Ohio State is struggling with and what a lot of schools will struggle with in the future, is you focus so much on that one rivalry game and that's all you care about. Because college football has always been so provincial. Now it's a national game. The SEC is spread out all over, The Big Ten is literally nationwide. These are the only two conferences that really kind of matter. And so the provincial, local rivalries that college fan bases have built their mindset on, have built their self worth on, have built.
Speaker 3: Their fandom on.
Speaker 4: They need to move on from those really meeting anything because they kind of don't. If Io State loses to Michigan for the next ten years, but they win the national title in five of those years, is that going to be better or worse as a fan. They need to come to grips with a new reality of what these rivalry games mean in terms of the broader picture, because they used to mean everything.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just about beating Michigan.
Speaker 4: It was about beating Michigan and what it meant for winning the Big Ten and going to the Rose Bowl, or what it meant for winning the Big Ten and then being in the College Football Playoff or winning the BCS and getting a better rating.
Speaker 3: Those things don't matter anymore.
Speaker 4: So the rivalries and the expectations for what these rivalries mean need to be adjusted. I also think it's just going to diminish the value of those games for fans. My kid, he's going to be in college next year. He's gotten into Indiana, he got into Penn State, wherever he decides to go. Are the rivalries for those schools going to mean as much to him twenty years from now as they do to me and my friends who also went to Indiana.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Do you have an NFL bet this weekend that you would label your favorite.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I middled Kansas City. I bet Kansas City plus two and a half on Sunday night, and then no, it was plus two and a half on Monday morning. I'm sorry when the news about what was happening with Holmes was still unclear. The Chiefs were two and a half point underdogs, so I bet them two and a half. And then when it became clear that he was going to be playing. This was yesterday afternoon, the game got up to three and a half. I bet the Texans at plus three and a half, So the majority of my money is trying to get that middle right. But I also bet the Jets three and a half. That's one that I like. I really like the Steelers at six and a half. So if I like, I'll put in my five favorite picks. The Steelers will be in there. The Jets will definitely be in there. Dallas I bet at four and a half. I like Dallas a lot against Tampa. I think there's a lot of inflation this week, and I think that's one of the bigger games where Dallas has been playing better. Like the last three weeks, last four weeks, that Cincinnati game kind of looks like a fluke, right. They lost that game, They've won the three other games. Micah Parsons has seven and a half sacks since he's back Deron Bland is back in the secondary. That defense is getting a lot better. Cooper Rush at Home Controlled Environment. Tampa Bay just put up forty on the chargers that inflated that line a little bit.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Dallas is another one that I'm I'm paying attention to.
Speaker 1: Chad Millman Sharper Square.
Speaker 3: I love it, buddy, Great to chat with your buddy.
Speaker 1: The volume