Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown. Ambition amb ambit ambition, ambit Hey manager, how besides your hair? What is up and out?
Speaker 2: Hello? And I know we're looking like a couple of spring blooms today. Yeah, hot and pink. Oh well, it's so good just to catch up with you. I feel like you well obviously went on vac. We talked a little bit, but haven't had like a proper catch up proper Kiki had some exciting guests in the stew yes been a little bugy with that, so lots to look forward there, But I don't know, I just want to like catch up because feel like there's been so much I don't know important news of Black America. What should we talk about first or should you just tell me what's happening in Budget needs to land.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Munchisa Land has been very which I like boring. I really realize that like I'm not going back to like I feel sorry for anyone who is like Tiffany is, you know, is going to go back to grinding it out or whatever, and that they're waiting. Some people are waiting and I'm like, yeah, you're gonna turn blue, sis and certainly you know me, I work hard, but also too, I know that I have planted plenty of en of cs and I'll never not pick you know. Like I was literally a walk with one of my friends Brandon said, like she comes from like Brooklyn, and like we take a walk at my favorite one of my favorite parks is around this pond, and we were just talking about that.
Speaker 2: How so she got to go on a walk with you tonight for her, but we were.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. I just was saying, how do you reach a point like I have reached a point and I wanted her to say this affirmation where it's like it's okay to say I know how to make money. I was like, you know, you never want to you feel like, no, no, no, I know how to make money. I have put in enough work for access for knowledge. I know how to make money I will never not have and I can rest on that because I didn't, I mean, up until, you know, I didn't feel like that, and so I don't have to navigate from a space of lack and fear, which is where the overwork and overwhelmed despite you know, making all the coins and everything else. And I'm like, m girl, we're not doing that no more. And so I love it because I'm it's not just talk. I'm passing that on to the team where I'm like, we just had a team meeting the other day where we just listed all the things, and I said, let's get rid of most of them and really focus on just these three things that are going to make the biggest impact with where we want to go with the with the company. And the other things, although they're great and can certainly make more money, but at what cost more work, work on the weekends, work in the evenings now. But so yeah, So it's just like I'm just I'm just transitioning into this space where I just rest. Truly is existence. I mean, if I don't take like an hour walk a day like that, I at least most times I get in about two hours. I get in the nap, I eat healthy food, I start weight training like your girl is. I mean, I'm not gonna lie my many The body is body okay. Oh I can't wait to get my body back.
Speaker 2: I'll be right there with you, speaking of the which I need to take my blood pressure. I need to take my blood sugar while we're sitting here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just feel like I think the what I like most is how I'm feeling on the inside as far as like at peace, It's finally it's finally being expressed externally, meaning professionally, personally. I spend way more time. My dad and mom were just up here to see the cherry blossom trees. I sent an uber for them. My sisters came with my niece and my nephew, and so like, I'm spending so much more time with friends. I just like I'm just settling into like the life that I desire, not the life that looks good for social media. I have not even been back, you know. I took March off and I was like, I'm gonna come back in April. I don't know if I'm coming back because I mean maybe a little bit. I came back for a little bit. Oh it's still trash here. Let me leave. But have you been? How have you been? How's Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm six weeks out at this point, so I feel like I'm in the home stretch. I'm really excited, Like I want to hold every baby that I see. I want to squeeze them. I'm that creepy lady. Now I had a whole convo with a toddler. I dunkin donuts this morning. I'm just ready, like uh Rio is really excited. But the past few weeks, I mean physically have not been great. I have not been walking two hours a day. I will get back to it, though, But I'm officially been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. So now I have to check my blood sugar all the damn time. Classic me, though, I make it like I'm getting a grade and I want to like be the best into class, and I want to get my blood sugar down the most, and you know, fortunately, but I can follow I can follow rules, and I want all the credit. And I lost my monitor this weekend and I was so oh I wasn't getting credit for the bloodshirt. I knew my blood sugar was on point all day. On Sunday, I resisted every piece of Easter candy. You know, I had my little Greek salads. I stopped eating after seven anyway, So that's I'm getting under control, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Why does that happen? Like just station, there's no.
Speaker 2: Rhyme or reason to it. Like I've got friends that are one hundred pounds and they've had gestational diabetes. I've had friends who are black, Asian white. It's just it's just so random. I didn't have this with Rio at all. I'm going to ask me. But the way that my doctor described it is like we're both sharing a pancreas, and you know, sometimes the pancreas is just not giving what it needs to give for two little bodies to process.
Speaker 1: I'm close. I'm glad you explained it in a gen Z way. It's not the pancreas is not giving, honey.
Speaker 2: It's just not giving. It's just really not a vibe at all. It's a little susy. It's a little sus so hold on and prick myself well the charger. Ah, dude, I'm a pro now. But yes, I went to get a fresh kit this morning. And let me tell you, it's not cheap to be a diabetic like this stuff. This was thirty bucks for a new kit which doesn't even have like a long supply of strips and stuff. So you know, I'll do my little peace on the healthcare system later, but I just want to get through this. I want to have a healthy pregnancy and you know, move on with life. And I'm be outside this summer. But business wise good. I mean, I've been really focused on ever greening up everything that I can, and I'm feeling like I've I've got you know, savings. You know, I was really like squirreling away this winter. Any entrepreneur, you know, you don't get maternity to leave anymore. So been quite proud that I've been like squirreling away and saving and I might even make it through tax season without you know, having to file bankruptcy. So I hadn't paying my taxi, which is gonna be great, I know. So yeah, that's what's been going on. But I've just been like really leaning into rest. I mean, I just can't physically do a lot of what I want to be doing. And I think I've finally broken from the I should be doing this or a year ago I was doing that, or with Rio, I was like this, and it's like, well, different baby, different body, you know, and I'm just excited to have a healthy, happy baby boy. And well you look beautiful, see Beyonce, thank you.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I know, so sometimes you know, people their pregnancy is like really.
Speaker 2: Rough one oh four. That's good.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the pregnancy is really rough, and then you know, they just like, like my mom when she had when she was pregnant with me, Oh my gosh at the picture she looked like a doll baby, right, But then when she was pregnant with Lisa, we were like, who is the lady.
Speaker 2: That she's Lisa's number five? And you're like, what number two or what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different. The longer you go listen, yeah, I do not. I look at pictures of me with Rio and I'm like, wait, I thought I didn't look great. I look fucking sad. I would rather have that body now, not pregnant.
Speaker 1: Well, you know this is like, this is not necessarily black news, But did you hear so? I'm sure obviously you know about the fire movement, which stands for financial independence retire early. It was this big movement with millennials about you know, making as much money as possible. Typically they're making like six figures living off of like nothing, investing the rest, and then you know, getting to it was usually about like two or three million dollars in that kind of mark and then being able to retire in their thirties. That it was this huge movement. The average person doing it, of course, was white dude with access to make six figures and to be able to do that. But so it gained a lot of traction. But one of the pioneers, his name is Oh would Oh Sam Doggin Right, So he was able to retire early with three million dollars. He was thirty four, he was married at the time, and now he's saying that he's returning to work. Sam is now forty five, so ten years later, and it's because he said that, honestly, I got kids. Now I'm loving. I'm loving because he said, yeah, so I think if I'm reading correctly, that he has two kids. See the thing is when they first retired, he and his wife, they weren't sure if they're going to have kids, you know, which we you know, that's understandable. He's like, now we have to and we're living in San Francisco. He's like yeah, and so you know, he said, basically, what was the three million dollars. He was able to grow his passive income give or take to about two hundred thousand dollars a year, which sounds like a lot of money between the two of them. It's like both of them having one hundred thousand dollar job, but not with too trunk.
Speaker 2: Because they got a hear it is not giving yes.
Speaker 1: Not on the post. And so what I love is like, well, one, I'm loving the fact that, like, because I'm not anti fire movement at all, you know, I'm all forul you know me, I'm a frug go liver. But I just didn't like that it seemed like, well, all you got to do is if you had a little discipline, you could retire. And it didn't take into account that people might have kids. It didn't take it.
Speaker 2: So drastic to like live off of nothing and not enjoy right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also too, it didn't take an account that, like it might not be accessible to you if you're a person of color, a woman, someone who's disabled, you know. And so for I mean, from his picture he looks like he may be Asian. I don't want to like speculate, but but yeah, so you know, I'm just so happy that it's like, yeah, the math was not mathing. It didn't mean he didn't do well. It doesn't mean that, you know, like that two hundred thousand that he's making passively is not going to supplement obviously beautifully supplement whatever income he brings in. But I just think like, it's almost like Marie con Did you hear about Marie Kondo?
Speaker 2: I rejoiced when she came out saying like, I don't even pay attention anymore. I got kids. There's no rules anymore. Good. Yeah, I leave your book unread on my kindle, so if you're not reading.
Speaker 1: Be a family. She's got this. It's like tidying up or something like with Marie Kondo on.
Speaker 2: The life changing Magic of Tidying Up. And then she had a Netflix series, Yes, where she'd go into families who have kids, girls and make over their homes.
Speaker 1: I said, this is Anne. Do I love it? Do I keep it? Whatever she was doing and pushed out the babies and Mauricas say what now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kids would really just be like kids will will bring the truth to light, you know, like people. You know, yeah, people don't want to hear nothing until you're like, oh, you don't have to kids in there. Mine. It's such a disaster.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing is, you know, I really have to go to the sunken place when it comes to I've never I'm not gonna lie. I've never been miss tidy. My mom was like super crazy about cleaning up, and I think I had the opposite reaction of like just go with the flow. But I feel bad for moms who still maintain that like level of it needs to be clean every night before I go to bed, because I sleep really good with the full sink of dishes, and you know what, it's between sleep and staying up and scrubbing, Like, I'm just not going to choose that journey for myself. I had to give that up. So we have a clean house like once a week, and then within hours it's destroyed. And you know, we just make a lot of activities to leave the house so we don't have to look at it. That's our coping mechanism, and I will organize and it'll get beautiful. But I've kind of made peace with the fact that that life is not for me right at this moment, not in this season. I got our please one of the puzzles and legos and literally four.
Speaker 1: I'm one of five kids, and so my parents what they decided early on after like I don't know, maybe I was like maybe five or six when my dad bought like our first house. He just decided every house we have will have a basement that belongs to the kids, and so that's what it was. It was like, y'all are not allowed up here unless you're taking a bath or getting in a bed. So literally, we always had a full basement where we were allowed to destroy, which we did. I mean, I'm talking about we were right on the walls. I'm talking about melted crams.
Speaker 2: He I mean we were.
Speaker 1: We were destructive. But the basement was the kid's space when you and your little raggedy friends come over, this is where you can have your toys. Of course we had to clean up and things like that, but it wasn't the company space. So upstairs was always kept nice, and it was like my dad would literally we were come upstairs, He's like, I'm sorry, little trolls, I just want to juice.
Speaker 2: Take your juice and your stacked in the engine. He would just give you a mini fridge down there.
Speaker 1: No, the second house of be I definitely had a fridge and all the other stuff. And so that's, you know, that's how they handle that. They were just like, you know what, we have to relinquish front of the house of the kids. This is your basement. Do what you will.
Speaker 2: I'm as bad as rio. I like to play. I like to do puzzles with him. I like to make a mess. It's really husby. He has to suffer. I don't want him to go to a room by himself. I want to be in the mix.
Speaker 1: You know. Like that's because you have one. Imagine five.
Speaker 2: My dad was like, I'm sorry, I know, well, if you have five, you can entertain each other exactly. You know what I mean. That's that's too much. Good lord, we haven't even mentioned the webbies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is all good news first, because you know we got some trash news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all the good news first. Dumb yeah, ba fam. We have done it again almost well, we haven't quite done eight yet, but we have been nominated for our third Webbye in just a year, like I feel like it was just a year ago. We accepted two Webby Awards for Best Best Business Podcast last year and then Best Business Podcast People's Choice, which is entirely voted by the people last year.
Speaker 1: I mean the people have said.
Speaker 2: The people and the critics or whoever they have the panel choosing winners both decided we were the best, and you know, who could blame them? This just kind of special because we've been nominated for Best Best Business Podcast for an individual Episode, which is when Tiffany returned Tiffany's returned from after Superman passed away. How do you I don't know. I didn't know we were even up for that Individual Episode award, But listen, I listened back to a bit of it, and I'm like, I remember it was raw, it was raw and real.
Speaker 1: No, no, why. Last night I was like, I don't know. It just like hit me like a ton of birrid. I cried till thre o'clock in the morning. You know, some days you just like I feel like, okay, I go for a walk, you know, and then some days it's really like what the entire hell? You know? I told Doctor Green, my therapist. I said, sometimes it just feels like like, you know, you come home to your house, You're like, ohya, this is my house. And then you know, you go for a walk, you come home and not only is your house not there, it's not like it's burned to the ground, but there's a whole different house there, and you're like, no, no, no, wait, where's my yellow house. There's this blue house there, new people living in it. It's like your whole life has been wiped away, and so some days you just feel like that sometimes I really cannot believe that he's not here, that he's not going to be like looking at the door like Greek like, and I'm like, I'm taking my podcast, baby, you know. And so some days, like I said, I feel you know, good, and I feel joy and you know, I feel connected to my family and friends, and other days it just hits me like a ton of bird. Like last night, I was like, what the hell I mean, I was hysterical til three o'clock at the point I was like, so, I mean, yeah, so when I was that, I don't even know. I know. I got so many tweets of people saying I was scared to listen to that episode because they knew it was going to be emotionally charge and maybe even triggering, maybe because you know, if you're missing someone that you've lost, but you know, I just someone else hit like I don't know. It was a listener or one of my mentees she just lost her husband and she just was like, can't we jump in a call because I don't know like what to do, and I don't know how you seem like you're okay. I'm like, girl, I'm not you just caught me in a moment, you know, And so it's okay not to be okay, And and I'm glad that people get to see like, you know, I mean, I mean, I feel like our list, our audience has really grown up with us. I mean we were two single gags ready to mingle, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how we can call ourselves a business podcast and or you know, talk about wealth building and career progression if we don't also include the the personal elements that go along with that. And I feel like watching your journey as a business woman and as a friend and human being, but how you have not let the opportunity have How you haven't let that experience like dissuade you and move you away from your dreams and your goals as a business owner. But you've let it alter for the positive. The way that you do business I think is such a you know, and of course we'd rather have Superman a million times over. Yeah, but you know, such a beautiful story for people to see and for people to follow. Just how you can do it with grace and put and make lemons out of you know, or wait, elemonade at a lemons, I should better Beyonce told me whoever it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just hope that also to you see that like it's just a journey. I don't know. I mean for those of you who've lost people, Like what I've learned more than anything is that like it just doesn't leave you. So even when someone says that, like and I hope if you have someone in your life they've lost their mom, their dead, their partner, their child, they're someone close to them, and even if it was twenty years ago, I promise you, promise, you promise you, it like cuts just like it was yesterday, although they've learned to have the affectation in their voice like it doesn't because you just learned that, like you know, after like you know, a year or so, people expect that not you've moved on, but it doesn't hurt as much. That's just not true. So whenever someone says like, oh, yeah, my mom, she dies ten years and she died ten years ago, I always stop now and just like look them in the eye and touch their hands and just say I'm so sorry, and they're just like they get it because they're like, yeah, I know, I say it casually, but it's never casual that my mom passed away, you know what I mean. So I just hope that you people that little bit of acknowledgment, you know, as they're sharing falsely like a casually, that losing someone that close to them, you know, still does not affect them like it just happened yesterday. But I mean, life is most meant to be lived, you know. And so that's what I'm doing to the best of my ability. And you know, there are some gifts with grief, and one of those gifts is clarity, you know, and so like, you know, I've got supreme clarity and like what I am and what I'm not going to do, what I enjoy, you know. Mandy and I had candid conversations like do I want to come back to Brown Ambition, you know, and I was like, because you know, it's not for the money. I have to really like I got rid of everything they did not yeah, that didn't like doing And I was just like, like, I'm going to come back and I want to see do I still like doing it? And I'm here and I'm not here for any other reason. Then I enjoy doing it. I enjoy talking to my friend Mandy, like because I don't have to do anything. You know, I could just be like, this is just not it doesn't bring me joy anymore. And so yeah, so yeah, when it was that episode, I was like, really, so you know, it better win.
Speaker 2: If we win. If we win and then we get to go to the Webees, then it's even a question do we get to do the five ward speech? But it's all yours boo, you got it. This is your award, Superman's award, but ba fam. Also, you know, it's such a symbolic award too for me because I feel like y'all held me down when I was holding it down for Tiffany, and we didn't know what was going to happen, like audience wise, what we continue to grow and y'all continue to show up and listen, And just like I was giving Tiffany space, it felt like y'all were two and you were okay with that. So we wouldn't be able to do this without y'all, ba fam. And we also can't win this award without you because this is entirely decided by y'all, by the audience, by the people. All right, So if you want to vote, all you have to do is go to brand Ambisson podcast dot com and click the banner to vote for us for the Webby Award for Best Individual Podcast Episode. Please send us out for one night on the town before I pop.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, I may have the baby on stage, like, oh, it would be such good content.
Speaker 2: My five words, my water just broke. Shit, that would be that would be the show. And I haven't checked the stats, but I think we're still in first place.
Speaker 1: I just check the stats. We are thirty seven percent. The closest to us is twenty two percent.
Speaker 2: But okay, I like that margin.
Speaker 1: Yeah I need too, but you know I like him. Yeah, I like to superwin. You know, I don't like to have the way of accounts. Yes, I would love to be fifty percent. Come through by a fam. You want to talk to a commercial break before we go to some not so cute news, you know, we talk about some of the things that are happening in the world.
Speaker 2: We just have a collective brown breaks all around. Yeah, we'll do that and come right back BA fam.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're back and Maydi has Harbert, Yeah, all the things. All right, now, let's talk about some trash that's happening.
Speaker 2: Shenanigans, to be women, to be black, to be brown, to be black in the South, you know. And this is what's kind of hilarious, not hilarious now that we've on the other side of this controversy. So two black lawmakers, the justins as they are now being called, were expelled from their positions in the Tennessee House and basically over their protests over the shooting that recently happened at a school in Nashville. So this is like two of the biggest issues for me kind of tied up in one one gun violence in schools and don't get me started. And then these two black Democrats, who are in the minority already in more ways than one, then get voted out because they had the audacity to protest on the House floor, to draw attention to the victims and to the calls from their constituents for gun reform, for common sense gun reform. And like, what got to me was listening to some of the arguments for the like majority white and male Republicans who were who were voting to expel them. They were like, there's a time and a place you spoke out of turn.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's what that boy part was silent but not really.
Speaker 2: Yes, you didn't do it, Yes, exactly, you spoke out of turn. You know, you were disrespectful all this. You didn't play by our rules. I'm like, in what universe are politicians who are there to represent their constituents not allowed to speak out when their constituents are begging them to. Like literally, there.
Speaker 1: Was a there were other lawmakers there in the past that had like peed in opposing party chairs. There was another one that was a pedophile and convicted, another one convicted of felony and still allowed to stay and even and then then that day they weren't the only there was. It wasn't there, Uh there was. It was a white woman who also Gloria something. Yes, they're like, oh, but she didn't use the megaphone. I said, you know what, just say you're racist and go home.
Speaker 2: I just guess how she there were three of them, she was one, but she didn't get expelled by one vote. She kept her seat. What's really fucking hilarious about all this? And Republicans are just why are these particular in Tennessee. I don't want to like pay Republicans with a broadbrush, because there's some out there who were not insane, but they basically made these two Justins famous, like I didn't know their names. Now if all of them on IG they're getting so much donations to their campaign funds. Like not only that, but almost immediately one of the justice has already been reinstated, and the second Justin I was trying to figure out, So Justin Jones I think, has been reinstated. And then there's another, the second Justin who looks like he's gonna run. He's gonna run, have an opportunity to run for his seat again very soon and will probably be right back you know where he started. So to what end did you did you do this? What have y'all actually accomplished for yourselves other than to make two new superstars, you know, for the Democratic Party and for the cause of gun reform. Forget Democrats for a second.
Speaker 1: For those of you know, Easter just passed, so we're going to do a new church, right, and the Bible is says that God will use your eminent enemies as a footstool.
Speaker 2: Right, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, amen, amen, So it's like what you thought you were going to come in here and embarrass these black men, and instead you push them to the national stage where we're all looking it's not looking cute over there for the public. But between your your your evil leader being indicted and arrested, you know, between like all this gunshot that all this gun violence where it's like what does it take? Like it's really not looking good for that party, and and I I'm not like pro like Democrat. Either's just like I just some days you're just like what does it take? You know what I mean, like what does it take? But you know, I mean people are going you know what the people don't hear they feel, so you know they're going to be feeling.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to it's impossible to think about what it will take because so many more people are gonna have to die, you know something Like I've already had one hundred and forty six shootings and it's year. It's barely halfway through, you know.
Speaker 1: Now that's like a quarter a quarter of the way through the air.
Speaker 2: It's it's sad. I'm embarrassed for our country. And I'm also like I feel like sometimes so there's moments where I get really anxious about it. Like if you don't realize that you're suffering from anxiety as a parent about your kids going to school, except like recently, my cousin Anna, Rio's godmother came home with a nerf gun and I, I know, no warning, like nothing from me. I burst into tears. I screen, I was like, get that out of my house. I don't And it was because I saw Rio's eyes light up when he saw it. He's like ooh, and he wanted to play with it. And it wasn't long after You've all day last spring, You've all Day was only it was less than a year ago, which is just all those babies, and I don't know. I feel like as a parent you almost have to just what are we What are we doing? Just asking my husband last night, are we crazy to be putting these kids into into the world, And like what did we just do? We just put them on a school bus and pray, you know, like it's so fucked up, and it's you know, I've joined the groups. I've joined the Mom's Demand Action, and you know, you you donate to the different funds, but it's hard. There really is no telling what it will take. But I think one thing I know for sure, and it's a goddamn shame, is it's going to take more dead people. People are going to keep dying until something gets done. It's this is America. It's a shit show.
Speaker 1: Welcome to this show.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Welcome to the ship show, y'all. We are. I believe we're in the shit show together all just trying to figure it out. Part of me is also like, do more people like the governor knew someone who died, the governor of Tennessee knew someone who died in the school shooting in Nashville, and then like there was another one in Louisville just yesterday, thank you, and one of them knew the governor of Kentucky. And I'm like, maybe it'll take more people who are connected to the leaders for them.
Speaker 1: To get a dn Like my friend died, Like what is he.
Speaker 2: Going to tell his wife? Thoughts and prayers?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: It's a horrible thought, But I'm like, is that what it's going to take. We need to wait until they see enough of their people, their loved ones, they go to enough of those funerals. But at least one bright spot is that they have we have officials, We have elected officials like Justin's the Justin's Justin Jones, Justin Pearson, speaking out, and they're getting support from Biden, from Kamala Harris, from the Obama's you know, so hopefully they can help make a dent as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just vote y'all, n C double a champion like that. I don't know. I'm not sporty.
Speaker 2: It's basketball, yes, basketball, And so I'm here for the tea and the drama, not so much for like, oh yeah, let's spill thee what happened? Oh god shit, you're gonna put it on me. All right, So what happened was there's two teams, right, I feel like I'm Kid Fury on the read whenever Crystal, Yes.
Speaker 1: You're sports.
Speaker 2: He's like, so there's a sport with a ball in it. And so like one team and then another team were against each other and and and what happened was a white player from one team, don't ask me where they're from, made some kind of like rude gesture to another player. It was like, you can't see me. I didn't know that was a rude thing.
Speaker 1: It's initially they say it's to John Cena. It's not Tony yo Is. You know, he's a fifty G unit artists. He used to do that. Like so imagine your hand is up like you're showing like a high five hand, but then you put the palm towards your face and then you wave it like ah, you can't see me. So Tony Ayo started in, and then John Cena like, you know, which is this very popular white wrestler, and so you know so and I won't even say it's rude, but it's it's just it's sports. Get aggressive, it's mack talking exactly. Yeah. So the girl, the white girl, Caitlin did it, no biggie.
Speaker 2: But there are a girl, yes, Angel Reese, Yes, a black woman did the same thing and then have the audacity to go on to win Yes at the same time, right, And all of a sudden, who even was outrage? Was it Twitter or was it Fox News? But people were blowing it up like she's rude, yes, classless.
Speaker 1: People were calling her terrible, terrible, terrible things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile, when Caitlyn used to do it, they would be like, oh, wow, she know, she's really into the game, because Caitlyn is actually a really great player, as is Angel, and they're just like, this is what it looks like, you know, the aggression. This is what it takes to win, but as soon as a black woman did it, it was like, oh no, no, no, but you already know. And so it just was. And even what I didn't like is so Joe Biden, you know, Joe Biden's wife, the first lady she I think she was there for part of the game. And then afterwards, you know, found out that the the you know, the the team, you know, the Louisiana team won and she was saying like, oh, maybe you know, we'll invite both teams to the White House to celebrate. I'm like, Jill says, when do we do broke?
Speaker 2: Do you have a pr rep Jill, I.
Speaker 1: Said, that's not how it goes winners. She's a teacher, yes, and I'm trying to go back to that grace, but I'm just a teacher.
Speaker 2: She wants the kids to feel good. But you want to say, you know, think.
Speaker 1: Mandy, if the black team had lost, that you would have said, let's be real.
Speaker 2: I really don't. I mean, I want to say yes, but I have to say I don't think.
Speaker 1: So, I don't think I think the internal bias was because oh no, no, no, you know no. And it's just like and I will say to Caitlin the white player. You know, she's really young, she's like twenty. But they had her on ESPN and they interviewed her, and honestly, she was like, y'all aerbugg in basically that like that's you know, it's a gesture that I used. She uses, So what that Angel is an amazing player. And you know, they played and they beat us and I didn't. I wasn't mad at it because this is what we smack talk on the court. She basically was like, that's really a y'all problem. I just here to play. And we played and we lost in okay, and and so you know, yeah, I think it was a guy from mom it's a eight. No, it's like he's a big podcaster, he owns like a big podcast network, who was like talking about her terribly, talking about Angel terribly. I just like, you know, these grown men talking about these young women. Yeah no, No, it wasn't Joe Joe Okay. It was like this podcast owner or podcast network owner. Yeah. It just I just be like, h y'all tired, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like that's tired. It reminds me I was listening to like a white woman who recently got cans. Not recently Alison Roman do you know her?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: She was this like famous New York Times cookbook writer and author who blew up during the pandemic white woman blonde from lives in Brooklyn, you know, And she criticized Chrissy Teagan and Marie Condo in an interview, and then she was canceled, lost her gig at the New York Times, went off into the ether people, and she was on a podcast like she's on her return tour, coming back with a new cookbook. And on the podcast, she was like, there were people defending me that I did not want to be a part of their team. I was like, no, no, no, no, no, not you, no no no, I don't need your help. And I feel like it's these like conservatives who are looking for any case to jump on. And I feel like Caitlin's having the same feeling, like no, I don't ride with y'all. I'm I'm like.
Speaker 1: For me, I'm not mess Like we're playing the game. We talk smack. The guys talk smack, so girls talks back too, and so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Angel, Angel is now going to the White House, and apparently the other team is not getting invited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I they ought not to, not because of any other reason. What, that's just how it goes. The winners and the tradition. I mean, you know, break tradition when black people win. What the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like, Oh, to make people feel more comfortable, we'll have both teams there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, and you see that it was this woman, this young black girl for the was the first black valedictorian or salutatorian of her school. And they had someone who had a lower They made two valedictorians, a white girl like with the lower GPA. And I'm like, why because the black girl got the heart. Yes, yes, girl, that's why. I'm just like when people people love to use the if you would only work harder, if you and only it's like, let's be real, that's just not true. You will always move the goalpost. That's why I just don't participate. And you know, I've just opted out and I build my own shit, and then I get to hire amazing black and brown women, you know, and give them the space and the grace to you know, for those who are willing to do the work for, you know, to be treated fairly and to be paid well. Because I just can't, you know what I mean, Like, I can't, you know, because it's just cause and I know everybody's not able to do that and sometimes you have to work for whomever or whatever. But I just was like, I got to opt out. I gotta tap the f out because it's exhausting. Anyway, that's our I mean, we didn't even have official brown boots, Brown Break, but that's the.
Speaker 2: Brace to Angel Rees and only Angel Reese Break to evernyone Brown Boost to those of us who can see through the bullshit and recognize what's happening. It's not about playing it fair. It's not about oh, we just want everyone to be recognized for their hard work. It's about what happens when black women are at the forefront and when and how quickly our success will try to be picked apart man taken, you know. But I think in this case, she preserved her dignity and I'm very proud of her.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, we will see you next week. Well, actually we'll see you on Friday, yeah, Baqa, and then definitely next week. Keep listening. If you have not ford the show to somebody, what are you waiting on? If you have not been to brannivisionpodcast dot com and click the webbe banner and voted for us. What are you waiting on? Yeah? We love you, ba Fam. Until next time.
Speaker 2: Bye, Hey, ba Fam. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Branna Vision podcast is produced by Imani Crosby and Dennis Simplinsky is our in house tech guru, I and your co host Mandy Woodrif Santos and we will see y'all next week, ba Fam.