Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and NEWI scrugs.
Speaker 3: It's Victory Monday, Cowboy Nation, and welcome to the Players Lounge, sponsored by Tostitos, the official chip and dip of the Dallas Cowboys. You were rocking with the best. I'm Heckmharrison. He's Danny McCrae. And that's forty two, yes, sir, forty two Barry Church official too, Yeah, yeah, hey man, uh seventy three, seventy three in here, seventy three up in here. It's victory Monday, man, and I'm feeling good. I'm not gonna let the devil still my joy. Nobody is gonna tell me that that victory didn't mean anything. So if you came in here with that, y'all had the week off. I'm ready all smoked, smoked, So you're ready to come in here and say that that that win it showed you something what we won.
Speaker 2: And I'm asking you It showed me.
Speaker 3: It showed me one that Tony Pollard is ready to grab the mantles and be that running back that you needed to. You see that run by Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: Josh, did you see that? I'm talking about block It's at the ghost on Sorry, Barier, I'm telling you what you know? Boy? Did you come on now? I said it? I said it last week.
Speaker 3: I said, Look, we talked about ric o'dado, who needed to show up in this game? Tony poll did it? You come on, fell, don't do this. Don't be a Debbie downer on victory.
Speaker 2: My dad. I'm not I'm not saying he played bad, bro.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, I don't I think he runs out all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he You know, he had an opportunity to get through the hole. He made a big time play. But we had twelve carries. Twelve, I mean had like four catch ups. Yeah catch What we talked about was, hey, is he going is he going to be that? Hey man, I'm going to carry the team twenty twenty five? Care is there a possibility for him to get there? And I said, I like him to twelve and fifteen? You did twelve and fifteen cares. I think that is a sweet spot for Tony Poler, and I think he's going to have a lot of explosive plays if you keep him in that twelve to fifteen ranging you saw you know twelve carries big time run.
Speaker 4: Still, I still don't understand the you know series on series off type deal. I mean, like, I still believe that the man needs to be like, look, if I'm tired, I'm tapping out.
Speaker 3: Like I seen him the one time he was like Church, I saw him a few times or not. I saw a huge chapter head. He was turn around, hed his little hand, say.
Speaker 2: To him, you know the next thing, right, get a little bit. I still though they're not.
Speaker 4: Using him to his full potential in my opinion. Yes, he ran some hard yards out there. You could tell he was frustrated on that touchdown run, so he was like, nah, I can't, I gotta get in there. And he ran through some casts, ran over Xavier Woods former Cowboy, dragged him into the in Zoe.
Speaker 2: So it was a strong run. But I still feel like they can get him the rock a little bit more. I mean in the.
Speaker 4: Passing game, like you can have plays where he's targeted, not just like I'm running out of town.
Speaker 2: Let me dump it off the polyp.
Speaker 4: Exactly, like, there's some things you can do to still have him out there explosive, because if we don't, if we look at the game, I mean, it was seventeen seventeen ten in the fourth in the fourth quarter, in the fourth quar and that's and that's when the run happened.
Speaker 3: If this is why, this is why I'm confused though, why you come here talking about this game.
Speaker 2: Showed you so And I'm like, what what do you mean?
Speaker 3: They showed me my show my come on, look at okay, stop one thing at a time. I jumped out the case. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let me let me go back rewind. How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Are good? Are you good? Are you good? And started? I did start?
Speaker 3: That's what I messed it up. I messed it up? Are you good? Let let me be clear about how my weekend went. Okay, okay, both my fantasy football teams won this weekend. Okay, uh the Bayu Jake, I don't care if they was playing Georgia State, Georgis, whoever it was. Okay, he pressed man went out there and did wear eight touchdown seven, touchdown five. He went out there and had to day Cowboys one. Family time was had. So my weekend was great.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Didn't even say nothing about that was bad. Cowboys win unless you did that thing. Toledo top twenty five in the country right now, you might get this forty two dollars, but cowboys what it was a good weekend. Good weekend. Now, both my schools won.
Speaker 3: There we go, yeah school and my team was like, yeah, we're good, but it's not.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch the game to night to see.
Speaker 3: How your how your whole okay, because I know what you really want to happen. I know what you want to happen, and that can spoil your weekend. Eavens, go out there and pull out a win against the Cats. Any team that's gonna spoil your weekend, I picked it. No, you picked them because you picking with your with your.
Speaker 2: Head in your heart. It's about the third time you done did this this year, young boys. I don't know, ye so yeah when I do, when I do, what is your other? Boys? Now? Now, he'd picked him every every time this season. I don't know. Let's pump breaks here. It's time to pump some breaks.
Speaker 3: What I did in the off season, I said, I can't go through a whole season like that.
Speaker 2: I gotta be practical.
Speaker 3: Man, Emmy winners, ex players, all of that. I gotta think these things through Otherwise people think I'm crazy. So hey, I've been doing pretty pretty good on my on my doing pretty good on my eagle trick. But y'all not gonna talk about them. We're not gonna talk about them yet. What we're gonna do is we're gonna break down this offense. We're gonna break down this defense.
Speaker 2: And I won.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's great weekend of football, as you guys just said. But on Sunday in Carolina, Cowboys take the field heavily favored.
Speaker 2: Even announced that.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Johnson going tell the bring up all the listen go. That's meaning we will talk about that as well. But the offense, guys, if y'all have to admit it got off to a slow start, hit it. Yeah, it was a slow day, all right.
Speaker 2: But all in all, you did not get.
Speaker 3: The same results from Ceedee Lamb. But I thought it was a conservative effort to try and get guys the ball. Tob just make a plain seeing as you continue speaking, all right now, now you can kind of this is why I'm feeling the way that I'm and we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 3: But that it don't make no sense. It don't it don't it don't make it, don't make no sense. But I mean, yeah, go ahead, sorry, So I mean, but that being said, it was an overall effort. It took parts of it, took every part of this team to pull out this victory. And you saw some splashes definitely on defense with the sack trip, you saw your man.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you keep getting this right, but n Bland did his day once and again.
Speaker 3: But offensively for Dak Prescott, no turnovers. You can't ask for anything more than that. Nah, you're right about that. I mean, that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 4: Like we all understand, you know, if the cliche goes, anything can happen on any given Sunday, all that good stuff. But offensively, when you look at it, that defense, I feel like they should have shredded them apart, like they actually had one of those games like he did against the Giants. But you know, it happened and they were able to play a little bit better than I thought they would. But offensively, Dak took care of the football two touchdowns out there. You rarely saw the ball in Harm's way, which is a good sign for the Dallas Cowboys going forward because you know, if you got that defense on the other side, if you take care of the football, you always gonna have an opportunity to games out there.
Speaker 2: So I like that part of it, CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: He spread the ball around all the receivers, even a tight end, So like you said, it was a concerned effort out there and running the football. Wise, I think they what they ended up total with over there, over one hundred combined with him, and yes it was one o seven. Like I said, I would still like to see Pollard, you know, getting a little bit more involved, not just you know, running the football, but you know, just have some screenplays up for him so he can get to get going that way.
Speaker 2: But to me, man, when you look at it, I don't know where I want to.
Speaker 4: Put this this you know, this win, Like I'm glad it was a good win overall, but I don't know where I want to put it as far as my concern do. I still feel like they're the top dogs in the NFC when you put them in that tier with San Francisco. We'll talk about that a little bit later, but it was a good win overall. I mean, the penalties were down and Carolina did what losing teams do. I mean, when you talk about the penalties out there that extended these drives, especially in a rins, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: You remember ninety six for the for the Panthers.
Speaker 4: Mann Turvice, Yes, something was chilling, not even involved you just out of nowhere, let me get this extra shove in here, and then act surprised when the flag went up. I mean, so losing teams do things to lose games. That exactly what Carolina did, and the Cowboys were able to take advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, it was seventeen to teen going into the fourth, so you know, coming into the game. The conversation was okay when they played New York, but we expected to happen. Happened, all right, and it wouldn't make me feel any better about it because we knew what New York was and what they were going through at the time. Okay, we watched Carolina play against Chicago the week before, No, it was Chicago beat them then, and it helped them get a better draft pick.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We watched the Chicago without justin Right, So we watched that game, right, so when we come into the week, I'm like, you know what, all right, we should we should do the same thing to the squad, no matter how good they played. Right, if we come out and we played the game that we're supposed to play, this game shouldn't be close, all right. And we were coming off a week where Brandon Cooks had all the targets, all the catches. We saw Ceedee Lamb on one fifty for the third game straight. We saw all these things and we said, well, I said, I need to see this continuously throughout the season, through the rest of the season for me to feel comfortable about us going into the playoffs. Because what happens when we get into playing those real teams, the real competition, is our offense gets stagnant. They get stagnant. Right, You don't see the explosive plays. You see a lot of short throws. You can't figure out a way to get into the end zone. And then sometimes when the defense isn't playing from ahead right and not able to get those sacks, that's when that becomes an issue. And I still need to see more in order to believe that that is no longer an issue, because right now I don't all right. We went out, we were efficient, we ran the ball Tony Pollard, you know, he had a big time run. He had sixty one total yards. Brandon Cooks had another three targets. He had less targets than Jayaln Tober. Now, I've seen Jalen Tober getting targeted in one on one like way too many times for me to feel comfortable with what we will possible in the future moving throughout the season. So yes, we got to win, Like, even if we blew them out wasn't gonna make me feel that much better about it. It's about how we won and then who we got involved in the game. I don't feel like we did enough to get our big time players involved and continue the momentum that we had last week against the Giants.
Speaker 2: So tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: If good teams are supposed to go in and handle their business against bad.
Speaker 2: Teams, you get it how you get it?
Speaker 3: All right, it's by one whatever, But you go in and you handle your business versus the bad teams, and the Cowboys have shown you as of late. Obviously we ran into the arizonas of the world, but the two big teams that we ran into obviously what you're talking, that's what you're talking from that standpoint. If you can't when you play the upper echelon guys, you can't be two or four in the red zone. You got to you gotta execute, you gotta score when it's there for you. Limited the limit the penalties, which we did in this game, but the distribution of the ball. For me, what I was watching was the cause that Mike McCarthy was making. They were safe. We didn't see a lot of stretching, stretching the field, but at the same time, Dak.
Speaker 2: Was taking what the defense was given.
Speaker 3: We never, to me, I never felt like we were in any danger of losing this game.
Speaker 2: Man, Am I wrong? You?
Speaker 3: Did you ever feel like, Okay, there's a momentum shift happening in this No, I didn't feel that. But I watched the Texans game last year when Houston came here, and it was one of those games where it was like, it's dangerously close, right, we know we better than this squad, but it's dangerously close, and Dak had to come out at the end of the game and make a game win and drive and going into the fourth quarter would have been seventeen to ten without Carolina going out there having all these crazy penalties. It's a lot closer than it should have been for Carolina team where I think we should have went out there and stumped them out, all right, but we didn't, and it happens we've been on the run.
Speaker 2: We won.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sound so we ain't apologizing for winning the game. I just know what's coming for us, like up in with our upcoming schedule, right, I know that December is gonna be tough. I know that even Thursday. However, the Commanders look, it is a divisional game, and the Seattle Seahawks found that out this week when they played against the Rams. It's divisionally. It don't matter who you are. You just got to go in there and you know, put your best before. So I just want to see more because I know that our schedule is getting tougher moving through the end of thee. And let's let's flip over to the other side of the ball, because I think that you you can look at it two ways. For the defense, defense dominated the line of scrimmage. As far as getting to the passer, all right, seven seven sacks, a pick six. They picked another another pick six chosen by you know, it's only one person in here on this podcast when we did the pod picks that picked the Ron Bland to be the guy to be the guy who gets the first defensive touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Danny.
Speaker 3: I got lifkey too, by the way, so you know the Nostra domins over there, and took all the.
Speaker 2: Way to go out on the limb, way to go out on the limb because you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went playing the hot No you mad because you did not. Congratulations to you and you get a sack strip that's right. I mean as a defense other than those, I'm obviously you're gonna point to the rushing yards and say that the Carolina Panthers got way too much on the ground. But it was a ben don't break style of defense. They didn't allow a rushing touchdown either. But that's the version of your defense that you want to see. As far as being able to pass rush, yeah, no, they were getting after that. They were getting after those guys. You got a big bazookah come on once again. He came back in three sacks. I believe he had two and a half to they gave that half the curve. They did two and a half but okay, but not all.
Speaker 4: But he played his butt off out there, Like you said, two and a half sacks. The defense as a whole, Yeah, they got a little bit gas. You wouldn't like to see that, especially against the Carolina Panthers going against you know, Miles Sanders and True Behover, you know, combining those two weren't doing anything all season long, so to come in this game and they had a little bit of success against the Dallas Kyleboy, you don't like to see that, because you know those teams that the Dallas Kybos are gonna have to play going in.
Speaker 2: The future, they're going to try to exploit that.
Speaker 4: That's one thing I don't understand about teams when they go against the Cowboys, Like why you give up on the run so quick?
Speaker 2: I just don't understand that.
Speaker 4: And they put the ball back in Bryce Young's hands over there, and that fell right into dan Quinn's lap, because that's what you love to see when you're dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: Third and eights, third and tens.
Speaker 4: The first half, what made it close was offensively the Carolina Panthers. There was a lot of third manageables. They was turned three, third and two's, fourth and ones, moorph and twos and was able to kill on those COVID routes. And you saw that they were able to take advantage by getting the ball out of Bryce's hands quick. When you go to the second half and you're in those third eights, now third and tens, third and twelves, it feeds right into this defensive lap because those guys feed off of those one on one opportunities that Parsons is creating for those guys. In the first half he went off and then they started double teaming them. Then here comes the law, here comes during something trying to filer the crew. So they got to eat off of that and made life a living, you know what for Bryce Young back there in the pocket. So defense did a great job. We talked about darn Bland. I mean, the guy's arguably a top three corner and now I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About this year. I ain't talking about body of work, but this year he's a sact. We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Talking about the second I want to break him down for sure, but just all overall, anybody else in that secondary.
Speaker 2: Besides dr blaying that that that stuck out to you, I.
Speaker 4: Think everybody else's did a solid job, you know, safeties. I feel like they did a good job covering, coming down and run support. In the second half, they were able to kind of get things going out there. Gilmore didn't really see his name at alls. That's a good thing for a corner knowing that you ain't really getting targeted like that.
Speaker 2: So how to thing? Overall?
Speaker 4: They played well, but it was hard to grade the secondary. When Bryce Young's back there one two, What am I going to do? Oh man, I'm going down like there was no opportunity for him to do that. But that's why Russian cover worked together so well. And that's what the Cowboys do defensively. Amazing.
Speaker 3: But you think about the defense, listen, I mean the four point eight to carry five point seven O carry about you you're you know, it's disappointed. And this is all because I'm looking forward into the season. If I'm looking at just this game, I don't care. Our defense went out there. We played when you play with the lead, they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They let the dogs out okay, and Micah came out there shout out to that C four school that he was taking out there because it worked. His get off was crazy. But the guy the announcer was says, and man, looks like he's drinking jet few.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: I'm telling I was taking that uh that pre workout stuff before. And you kissed the wrong one, they'd be having your hands out.
Speaker 2: Juice. I'm talking about amped up.
Speaker 3: And you could tell he was amped up, man, I'm talking about His get off was crazy, and he went out there and he made sure that they put his name back into the defensive player to your conversation, but we will talk about who may who may need to be in that conversation we talked, but we talked about it last week and the conversation. The whole topic was how do we get the bazooka back and the defensive player of the year conversation, and we all said that he need a game like this, a multiple sack game where he comes in and completely dominates the line of scrimmage and also the other guys are able to get off. As you were talking about, we saw Tank get a sack, We saw Sam Williams come through and get a sack. Guys are really taking advantage of their opportunity playing with Michael, and that's what you guys have been talking about all along, Like, look, if you have double triple team on number eleven, this some of y'all got somebody got to win, and you're starting to see that with this Dallas Coboys defensive.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I was up before not to cut you off.
Speaker 3: I want to just give a shout out to Sam Williams because because he got a penalty. But when you talk about a guy that is bought in and going to make sure that he does whatever they ask him to do, the dude out there.
Speaker 2: Playing gunner, he trying to block punts. He playing defense.
Speaker 3: It's hard to get guys who who have that type of talent and know that they probably fit on the defensive line somewhere because they are able to start a defensive line or in the rotation, because they know what type of talent they have and what type of impact they can have on the game. To get a guy like that right who doesn't believe himself to be a core special teamer to go out there and play gunner, I ain't never gunner is usually safeties cornerbacks, receivers. This dude, I see him running up the sideline with a double team. He coming back in.
Speaker 2: He's too sick. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's like so so I just want to give him a shout out, you know, because like that's the type of guys that you need on your team, especially when it's nutcutting time and you need you need your big time players to get out there and put pressure on guys.
Speaker 2: So what what we gonna do about bail in the box? Man? That what the guys don't get you on?
Speaker 4: The guy's a hell of a player when you got him in there, as far as a dying package, and it's you know, third in passing yard is and you gotta go out there in these guarden these echlers of the world and tight ends and he's spying on her. Heck of a But when you talk about lining up first second down in that.
Speaker 2: Box, y'all saw. I ain't the only one that saw this man.
Speaker 4: They was check fourteen. They running straight at fourteen every single time. And it's not his fall man of guys, what to ten two fifteen? Going against three hundred pounders in there, you're gonna get moved, especially since you can't cut offensive linemen anymore. I like the wrinkle he did last week with Evans, but we didn't see any of them. We didn't see any of Evans. He had belling there for the majority of the time, man, and I just it kind of.
Speaker 2: Worries me because it's like we fall into this travel. He can get it done.
Speaker 4: He can get it done because teams are falling behind and they got to pass the ball, and that's what he specializes in the box. I love that for him, But when you go against like we always talk about the teams that are physical and understand that the ground game is a part of their game, Philly, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: But you can't have him in the box. It's just it ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that these stat numbers just say Mark, he's bell leading tackler in the game.
Speaker 2: Ten tackles, six tackles. Most of those were Hey, I've grabbed, I grabbed. It's all the tape. Man. He did it. He did his thing.
Speaker 3: And I think also when you talk about the running game of Carolina, how they were able to pick up those big yards on first down, that changed the game for him as well. On the on the on the game on the down and distance that dan Quinn likes to bring him in. He was coming in on some short yarded situations also. But you're right, man, undersized and teams are starting to run right now. Well that what I mean, what you're gonna see is more of those stunts in those games in front of him. When he starts coming coming down in the in the box, you're gonna see defensive end going into the big gap, defensive tackle going into the A gap. So he can play more on the outside. I think dan Quinn's gonna have some adjustments for it. But he's fighting in there though he ever rough go ahead, and sometimes he'd be enough fighting, you know. That's all I can say. Man, they asked it, They asked him to go down there and you know, and make a play. And the thing is, it's real positive when you get teams that they aren't.
Speaker 2: Going to run the ball like that, you're gonna eat right.
Speaker 3: So so a lot of times you are gonna well, hopefully you be playing from here from ahead with the league, or you'll be playing the teams with the spread offense, right, and then that's when it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be real helpful for him. But overall, I think.
Speaker 3: He's I think he's been playing playing pretty well, Ben Fellas. Let's take our first break. Let's take our first break, and when we come back, we got to talk about this guy, man number twenty six. Man, something's going on with him. We got to figure out where the awards need to live. I think we already got him in the Pro Bowl for sure. But coming up next here on the Players Lounge, it's.
Speaker 5: The official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I'm not player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: There is no I in Dallas. There is no eye in heart either, no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smirnov knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 4: Home or away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 3: The Salvation Army is twenty seventh annual Red Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly Parton rock the stage during halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three point thirty pm on CBS.
Speaker 2: Back here in the taj Mahal of football. How old is balley Man? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, I do not dish, just be disrespectful to even guess like that.
Speaker 4: That's that's when I was at the game on Saturday, right Tennessee game. Dolly Partony, tell me yeah, Dolly Parton seventy. Now I'm just like, you know, I think she's in her eighties, eighties bro to be doing the show, like you know what I'm saying. So pray to be able to still be able to get up there and that type of stuff. When you yeah, hey, Chris Bean, you're a Dolly Parton fan.
Speaker 2: Howl is Dolly. She's seventy seven, seventy seven my best. See, that's what I said. I'll guess. I didn't guess. I asked you. You didn't have to. You didn't have to guess nobody.
Speaker 3: When y'all go out there and see Dolly Party, I mean turkey and ham all the rest of that good stuff on Thursday, boy, and you'll be eating Brussels sprouts, yes, and capserine bean.
Speaker 2: Love love.
Speaker 3: Two yeahs, back to back. Man, Thanksgiving is a struggle. It is a struggle. Let's get into somebody that's not struck, and that's d run Bland. I gotta say this, man, But man, Danny, you're from the beginning. For a long time now you've been you've been the guy that has said d run blaind. Y'all better figure out what's going on with twenty six because this guy can play. Even when he was playing nickel last year, he was like, look, he's look, we may not be missing j Lou like like that, he better hurry up and get back, was what I We're talking about. The only you might want to heal up, you know. And that's football too, man, That's how crazy that is. This doesn't happen to Trayvon Diggs and he done something that injury, then d run Bland is still playing nickelback and you never really know how great he can be, Like, you know, he could be good on the outside at this point, he's great on the outside playing playing the outside cornerback position and you just don't know that.
Speaker 2: And let's unless this happened.
Speaker 3: So like you know, silver lining, uh a blessing in the sky like whatever you want to call it, like something like a lot of times players get those opportunities because of injuries.
Speaker 2: Me and you exactly, So shout out to Darron Blam. But you are right.
Speaker 3: I did watch the film on him, you know, because you know, he had had a few rough plays and just what I saw from him, you know, watching the tape, I was like this, Yeah, he press technique, good feet, good when he plays off he's playing to bait you into making those those big time, to make you make a mistake. So sometimes he's going to give up the catch on that when he's playing off off coverage. But a lot of times, a lot of times he's gonna get interceptions. And now we know that he's usually when he gets it, he's taking it for a pick six.
Speaker 2: So shout out to dron Blant, Nah, he's doing He's doing this thing.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't think people realize how hard it is to go from inside corner to outside corner. I mean, that's that's a heck of a transition, even for a veteran out there. And this guy's only in his second year and he's able to make that transition seamless.
Speaker 2: And he's out there balling.
Speaker 4: And when you talk about like this, dude, another thing that people don't like the receiver he's outside.
Speaker 2: Leverage on this interception.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the receivers going all the way on the other side of the field. I mean, it's almost impossible to guard that when you're outside leverage. Only does he have it in his hip pocket, but he cuts the guy off at the impass when the balls he cuts him off intercepts, it loses.
Speaker 2: His feet, got the intelligence to get up touchdown. Man, thank you for putting that.
Speaker 3: It's articulars is watching it may not even understand what kind of ball skills it take for a dude to make a play like that.
Speaker 4: And that's just like and most guys when you talk in that situation, you outside leverage, you're trailing the receiver. You wanna get that one hand on the head and the other hand gonna reach across.
Speaker 2: And just back the ball off.
Speaker 4: That's considered a great play if you're able to do that, get a batdown on that. For him to be able to cut in front of that reach in two head intercept that that was clinic.
Speaker 2: That was clinic take. I mean you can get no better than that.
Speaker 4: I mean the technique he used to go across the field, we call it jet streaming. When you're right behind the receiver and you just trailing everything he does and have the slightest impass, you take that opportunity and jump in front of it and pick it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just awesome gameplay right there.
Speaker 3: I like to point this Oude while we're talking about durun Blaant as well. You look when you watch that, you see a player that is able to learn from his mistakes because he made that same ain't move I believe it wouldgaint San Francisco and he was just a little short.
Speaker 2: They end up and how you end up catching it.
Speaker 3: And in this time, I'm talking about perfect position.
Speaker 2: Right. You don't make that play.
Speaker 3: You don't go for that that that that risk, that gamble unless you are and also you are also in position to make the tackle right because if not, then you see what happened with San Francisco and he learned. And that's what good players do. Hey, man, i ain't gonna make that mistake again. I'm making this play this time. And when after turn it too a pig six. Let me ask you this, man, I mean, because you guys have seen it really be college. I don't know the Honey Badger l s U just guys that are just bat hawks. It just seemed like they're all Charles Woodson. You are a dude. Put the ball in the air if you want to. I'm gonna take it, and I'm gonna take it to the house. I'm not just gonna intercept it. I'm going to intercept this and take it to the house. He has four pick sixes on the season, and I mean one time's lucky, two times a three times? Whoa you that guy? Four times? That's just who you are. That's just who you are. And right now he's impacting the game we talked about against the Philadelphia Eagles when Slim Reaper burning on a fade ball.
Speaker 2: It took a hell of like yeah, burn No, I had to agree with you.
Speaker 3: I had to agree with you that it was a hell of a throw one that got him the touchdown. But you're not seeing him in positions where the receivers are taking advantage of this guy. Every time twenty six is showing up, he's showing up making a solid play. When he doesn't make the solid play, just like you just said, what does he do? He comes back in yours owns for it and he makes a play on the ball. Like have y'all seen a guy like this having a kind of season like this?
Speaker 4: That's why I gotta say this, man, I gotta we gotta give a huge shout out to our Harris Junior and I believe Joe Woo Junr over there in the secondary because when you look at it, when they got their hands on on these dbs.
Speaker 2: I mean, the game is just night and day.
Speaker 4: You look at Diggs from his rookie year to his second year, eleven picks out there, just a bona fide stud at the corner spot.
Speaker 2: You look at the Wron Bland, who correct me if I'm wrong, Chris.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know you could do the research and all that stuff, but I don't think he was a big interceptor.
Speaker 2: Like he was not getting a lot of picks in college. I don't believe. So you come in here and he's eleven picks in your first two years. It's outstanding.
Speaker 4: So how granted, you know, those guys are talented guys, Digs and Bland unbelievable talent. But you got to give some credit to the coaches as well, because those guys, I mean, it got the whole secondary playing well out there.
Speaker 2: So got to give a HU shout out to them guys.
Speaker 3: But putting in context what you're saying about Diggs in twenty twenty one, it had been forty years since Everson Walls did it in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So even last year, I don't think we understood Dron Bland led the team in interceptions last year with five.
Speaker 2: From the nickel from the nickel and what was the.
Speaker 3: Worry around here going to the off season. We were still talking about quarterbacks. Do you still break if you come on the front of office, can't lie to me and tell me that they knew that this what it was because you went out and you signed Gilly. Yeah, but at the same god, you did at the same time. You know, for however good he was last year at the nickel position, you still you still look at being able to go get a guy like Yilly and say, if I have all three of these guys, oh my god, then I feel very comfortable about where I am defensive, Like you feel comfortable now, But just imagine how much more comfortable you'll be feeling with a guy who could take the ball away like that at the nickel position, a guy who could take the ball away like that at the corner position, and oh yeah, a former defensive player, like just imagine having that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Droun Blain is gonna be that good, but you do know that he is going to be good, and at some point he'll be playing outside corner. It just came a little earlier than expected. That's all because he ain't going back. He ain't going back, going back, going back.
Speaker 2: Now he's stuck.
Speaker 8: So two I n t at Fresno State his senior year, Like get to the pros?
Speaker 2: Are you doing it like to? I mean.
Speaker 3: It's got it has to be coaching, man, But another guy that that not to bring down here a little bit. But Zach Martin, Okay, our offensive line has had their struggles. They haven't given up any sacks though. All right, that's true, but we are but.
Speaker 2: We have didn't get one yesterday. You didn't know. Yeah, that's been using his legs, which is no.
Speaker 3: No, it's great that he's doing that because it does help his offensive line now and it happens around the league. But yes, yes, they didn't give up any sacks. So, but we've been seeing a little leakage. Yeah, I will say so has been saying a lot of leaks.
Speaker 2: I in the sky, don't lie. What has it been saying?
Speaker 4: And it's tough to really put your finger on it when when you think about it, because and this is why I said, you know, I believe Smith, the younger Smith is probably the best offensive lineman when we talked about it let last week. When you look at what they're doing out there, Tyren Smith, him not practicing during the weeks. If they still got that game plan going, hey keep it going, because he looked he looked outstanding out there.
Speaker 2: He ain't giving up nothing out.
Speaker 4: There, you know, the younger Smith, Tyler Smith, penalties aren't a huge thing for him.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You see when they're running the football, well, they're going to that left side behind him. He's a bulldozer and that's what we understand he does. And I think he's an unbelievable guard. He could do both, just like d ron blank guard and tackle his center position be odish. I mean, I still feel like you know, I feel he's improving. But when you look at it, Zach Martin, when we see it, he's still, in my opinion, he's still an outstanding offensive line.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: At any stretcher, he doesn't you know, far off a cliff or anything like that. He's still unbelievable offensive line. But what we've seen them of late is especially in the run game, where he's supposed to be the guy that kind of fire off of it, you know, get that aggression out of you cats are either making a miss or like we saw yesterday Derek Brown, I believe it, Dwayne I want to I forget his name. He's a former top ten overall pick, or just kind of throwing this guy's side like those are things that we haven't seen from Zach Martin ever. Ever, so if going forward, I still believe he's, like I said, the top off the lineman in the game. It's just like, man, I don't you know our castles trying to start taking advantage of that.
Speaker 2: We'll see you know what's happening to you. You know what's happening to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you know how great Floyd Mayweather is not great? He is, right, and then you see him get get hit with a punch, right, and then oh wait what you used to be? Right s that's the thought, right, that's the thought. That's the thought.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, because you you just ain't want put You ain't.
Speaker 3: One guy.
Speaker 2: One time, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: My point is you just you're not Some people are so great you're not used to seeing those types of rest from them, even if it's happening more than once. It's like I ain't never seen the happit to that guy. Wait, he's human, right, he's human. Same thing like Tyrant went through those issues of like we were like, wait, that don't look like that, don't look like the same, you know, twenty eleven, twenty twelve, Tyrant. But those type of players, when they get when it, when they go watch that on film, then they feel a little about it and then hopefully, hopefully you start to.
Speaker 2: See that you know, that is the work.
Speaker 3: That is the worst thing about sports man when you watch a guy that was just like Michael Jordan for the Wizards man bring them. He was like, I'm just telling you when you when he's on the fast break up by himself and it was like, come on, he about the wagon tongue.
Speaker 2: No, he just laid the part up. What just now you hitting me?
Speaker 3: And I get what you're saying. And I for one don't think that he has the cliff he had. Yeah, the decline hadn't been.
Speaker 2: I mean and thankful to have you.
Speaker 3: Hey, he needs seventy, but just the effort, just him and the way that he's been dominating over the years.
Speaker 2: Man, maybe maybe hey, we're just seeing a this the percent the percentage of great reps is going down a little.
Speaker 3: That's all the percentage of great reps throughout the game of like usually ninety eight percent dominant somebody right now you might be sitting at ninety four. But I did the one, the one that you saw yesterday, like I saw it.
Speaker 2: I saw it, I saw yourself. So I do know what you mean, but I don't you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, Tyres Smith still out the balling, So you know, I think Zach Martin gonna be okay, you know, he gonna have a few of those reps. But I think when he could, when when it come down when you need them, he gonna be already.
Speaker 2: Let's take them.
Speaker 3: Let's take our last Let's take our last breaking and come back in and ask the question, what are the Cowboys the big dogs in the NFC?
Speaker 2: Coming up next on the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowl Unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, Slash you Go Boss, at Hugo boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 3: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Ranola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Jack Black and right now.
Speaker 5: Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Co Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot Com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The preshout who looks right, it's not there. He escape left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Preus Scot's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players.
Speaker 3: Lounge, here's the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Invisi Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at AT and T Stadium on Danny December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at Dallas cowboys dot com slash.
Speaker 2: They had my name you just like you're not even I know that. I know I made a mistake on that. That's the only day we had. Second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like I'll be tired on the twenty third. I'm gonna beat there on. I gotta make sure my have a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm go to.
Speaker 3: Regimes on Saturday. It's gonna be working with something making a reservation. He's gonna be on.
Speaker 7: Ain't let me.
Speaker 2: I know, Barry Church to get you in. That's all you gotta say. All right, man, listen, this is man. It's been fun.
Speaker 3: We done have had a good time, uh these last two episodes. Man, but I want to get to this talk about the Cowboys emerging. You got a little bit more hopium and a little bit more sugar than the kool Aid b C.
Speaker 2: You do for sure.
Speaker 3: Sure Like I can't believe that you come out come out of the Carolina Panthers Game seventy three. You no, no, I know you came outself. I can't believe that you come out of that game watching the performance and feeling as confident.
Speaker 2: As you do feel.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying you shouldn't feel confident that we are a good football team, but you sound like you're about to start picking, you know, for the first round by when we're gonna host the you know, like you know, hey, I have This has been a ramp up since the beginning of the season. I've been just slowly getting this whole thing together. I'm just saying seventy three was where we need to be. I'm not gonna count them before they hatch, but I'm just saying, bro, this next couple of games, we gotta we got a winnable game versus Manders Okay, Seattle, that's a winnable game.
Speaker 2: And you go into a boy, you come in the Sunday.
Speaker 4: Feel anna so Sidlo, So what are your thoughts? What are you talking about the Dolphins? Like, what would you say, hey look good? Would would you say they should be the top dolls?
Speaker 3: I think in I think in the AFC right now, you cannot discount what the Kansas City Chiefs are doing.
Speaker 2: They still top dolls.
Speaker 3: To me, did you put the Dolphins in that, I would say, yeah, one two, I took the Dolphins better than would you put them the butter.
Speaker 2: Ravens and all that.
Speaker 3: I'm putting them in the same class. I'm putting them in the same class. I'm like one, two, three, And I said, now you trip and say.
Speaker 4: This the Dolphins, I believe they haven't beaten the team with a winning record. And it's the same thing with the Dallas Cowboys. They have yet to beat the team with a winning record. So how can we sit there and say they're the top dogs over a sand fran a Philly of Detroit?
Speaker 2: Okay, so what is Detroit? What is Detroit? Detroit? What seventy three?
Speaker 3: They good and they have wins over teams that have winning records. But you gotta look, you made me too complicated for us. We can't win our games. They make our opponents good too. I mean, we just winning the games, and we who we have, I mean we've had, we've lost. And now I think when you double down on the health part of it, wouldn't you say that we're relatively healthy right now? Yes, going into a very important part of the season, and I think all of the things that you wanted in this team, especially in your defense. You're you're starting to you can get behind that because defense what travels? All right, you got a home field advantage that you're starting to work out your twelve wins straight at home.
Speaker 2: You hadn't seen that since you were winning Super Bowls. Come hold on, bo I'm not done. He gone.
Speaker 3: And your offense with Ceedee Lamb, who is now after what ten games, now has a thousand yards receiving I think you're seeing everything that you wanted to see in your team at this point in the season. And if there is a better team in the NFC than the Dallas Cowboys right now, it's just one.
Speaker 2: Defensetop feeling, it's just one defense. Stop Philly. You saw that.
Speaker 3: You you said you saw the forty nine ers go through that struggles you've seen maybe it's part of that on you.
Speaker 2: Put the don't y'all start with me? You will put you put the Cowboys above San Francisco.
Speaker 3: It's only one team better than us right now. And that's you see, that's peeling and that's okay. And that's based off of don't we don't we judge it based off of the games that they don't play, they don't lost some games.
Speaker 2: So come on, why are y'all not giving.
Speaker 3: You're just counting they stop to you look, one team out, one team better, not even I'm talking about at least the playoff game, trying to make us three and I'm not gonna give us three. I'm giving us two. I'm giving us two. I'm giving us two. And that's and we'll see him and that's your that's okay, and we'll see him again. But no, I'm not I'm not agreeing with you on that until you beat them, Until you beat them the Wait a minute, So all y'all saying is that Philadelphia and the forty nine ers are better than us?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, And who's treating there? Are you saying the Detroit better?
Speaker 3: I'm saying. I'm saying right now, I have more faith in what Detroit has done and can't do in the season that what we have.
Speaker 2: I've seen their offense, I've seen them be able to win. Who beat Kansas City? Who beat them? Like you just called them the top thousand? They beat them? Money was getting their rings? Wasn't that the first game of the man It was Patrick Mahone's playing or not. What's he playing too?
Speaker 3: Right now? That's okay, that's you ain't bumping us down there. You're definitely not bumping us down the full over. Oh come on, this is this eating Carolina New York is not just they're doing what they're supposed to be all the credit. But what you talk about tears and where, guys, is that you got to put the head of heads. So let me make sew before we sign off here. You're telling me that the Downs Cowboys right now, in your opinion, are the fourth best team in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's fair. I think that's fair. Yes, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yes, based off based off watching the other teams and seeing what they've done, and then also had the head matchups because we lost to the first top two.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 3: Can first about a couple of what a couple of weeks ago, we came in here and saying, and you agreed that Detroit was better than us.
Speaker 2: You have to be run to take her. I bring it for you tomorrow. I'll bring them all. Man.
Speaker 3: You said the Giant must have and the and the Panthers, and now all of a sudden things have changed. He asked me that question after the Eagles loss. You know, I was a little emotional. I told y'all, man, it was a little touchy.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Give me twenty four hours. That's when you got when we asked that question. Seriously, did they better than sad Fran right now? Right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right now, a healthy sand Frand because you're talking about health, because not ay' healthy now that I mean they just then they free safety, just blow his a cs and offensively, I mean healthy later, No obvious, you're trying to bust this down to four man, I'm not gonna let you do that.
Speaker 2: That's my feeling is.
Speaker 3: Not gonna be hurt to each Is you the one, not my feelings because I'm thinking, I'm talking, I'm talking realistic, I'm being I'm being logical here.
Speaker 2: Your feeling is the one you won't be.
Speaker 3: Hurt, like just like when you picked the gents to beat the bills this weekend. And why you gotta bring up you know that old stuff. See right there, I was trying to separate from the package. But then anyway, anyway, it's been a good show. I was hoping that we would be able to, you know, end on a good note. But I sabotized myself with that. I sabatize yourself with that. I cannot believe y'all just said all this about the run blak. You just said all this about the bazook. You just I mean, and then we four you're putting, you putting anyway? All right, this has been fun, guys. We had a good time. That you give me something.
Speaker 2: We'll be back tomorrow on the Players Loud.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.